Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I have a feeling that Jermy has more of a fangirl crush on Cade vs the other way around.

Totally.  And with Gabby's career taking off, I see Gabby and Cade leaving Jeremy and Jinger in the dust.  She is becoming too mainstream for them to still associate with anyone affiliated with MacArthur.  I wonder if they will move to Nashville in 2021.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know when I've seen two guys more impressed with themselves. Two obnoxious peas in a damn pod. 

I don't know how Jinger and Gabby can stand them. 

Well, Jinger probably still thinks that Jeremy is the most dashing, worldly, sophisticated guy on the planet. After all, who does she have as a frame of reference: Josh? Derick? Jim Bob? 

Gabby, on the other hand, is moving up into the big leagues, meeting men in the music business who are genuinely talented and successful and sooner or later, she's going to start having doubts about the poser she tied her life and career to.

• Love 20

I actually thought it was tongue in cheek of Jeremy. Also Gabby is definitely still actively following them, she was one of the first people to respond to the picture of Jinger with both girls. 

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Good Lord he's unfortunate looking.

But he obviously thinks he's hot stuff - and it looks like Jeremy thinks so too.  Someone needs to take him down and buzz cut off that horrible hair!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Totally.  And with Gabby's career taking off, I see Gabby and Cade leaving Jeremy and Jinger in the dust.  She is becoming too mainstream for them to still associate with anyone affiliated with MacArthur.  I wonder if they will move to Nashville in 2021.

We have been looking at getting away from Nashville anyway...this would seal the deal

• LOL 19
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jer and Cade.  I don't know when I've seen two guys more impressed with themselves. Two obnoxious peas in a damn pod. 

I don't know how Jinger and Gabby can stand them. 

I know nothing of Gabby's background, but I'm sure for Jinger that living with JereME is 1000 times more preferable to living with and serving her molester and younger brothers. There were some pretty undesereved big male egos in that house, so to her, just the one self-impressed do-nothing is probably like heaven on earth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I know nothing of Gabby's background, but I'm sure for Jinger that living with JereME is 1000 times more preferable to living with and serving her molester and younger brothers. There were some pretty undesereved big male egos in that house, so to her, just the one self-impressed do-nothing is probably like heaven on earth.

This is true. I really don't think Jinger is put off by Jeremy's laziness or his ego because he is just a non-hick version of her father and brothers. (Though I'd argue Jeremy is still his own special flavor of white trash--just the pretentious kind.) I suspect if she does have complaints it is about how dismissive he is of her and her opinions, but I also assume she thinks she is beneath him and deserves it. 😞 

• Love 7

And according to the article, he walked to church in a mask but took it off when he got there. That's even more maddening to me than if he just refused to wear one at all, which I do find extremely infuriating too. 

• Love 18

I was a little surprised at the casual wear of the church crowd.  For some dumb reason I expected fashion plates like Jeremee.  I guess his wardrobe is to help him stand above the crowd alongside McArthur.  Sad to see so many elderly folks put themselves at great risk.  My elderly uncle in California is extremely conservative but he doesn't fall for this ignore Covid stuff--he rarely goes out and is always careful and masks up.

• Love 12
On 12/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, Turquoise said:

I know it's incorrect, but I read Jeremy's cap as "Nope Bold". I like my way better...

I read Jinger's as Hope Gold and rolled my eyes so hard I almost didn't catch the "Hope boldly" in her post.

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:
On 12/7/2020 at 5:58 PM, iwantcookies said:

That is one horse faced cowboy 

Good Lord he's unfortunate looking.

I agree that he is very unfortunate looking, but I love his hair. I have an inexplicit attraction to long curly hair - male, female, young, old. If Spurgeon was mine he would be named Oliver and would not get his first haircut until he asked for it. 

• Love 6

Wow. I'm guessing Jinger likely rolled the dice and went to church maskless while pregnant too.  They're complete idiots. I wonder how Jeremy, in his fancy suit, would feel, if he knew how well he'd fit in with the JRods.

And he had the nerve to pull his mask down in a pediatrician's waiting room for a photo.

Jeremy is an example of why this virus is out of control and why we should trust no one or no space. I wonder what camp he falls into, or where he overlaps. Jesus, young and healthy, rights, overblown, hoax or completely stupid?

Did Jinger and Jeremy put his parents at risk too? Or are they maskless idiots like their son?

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, ouinason said:

the article says Jinger was at home for that church thing, but that's not exactly better.

Yes, but I doubt this was a one time thing. It makes me think they were attending church maskless this entire time.

• Love 18

I'm not sure Jeremy was pressured into ignoring covid. He certainly could have came to that idiot decision independent of MacArthur. 

The Caldwells, Duggars, Wallers, Kellers and 1/3 of the country are doing the same thing.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Jeremy was pressured into ignoring covid. He certainly could have came to that idiot decision independent of MacArthur. 

The Caldwells, Duggars, Wallers, Kellers and 1/3 of the country are doing the same thing.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think he needed any pressure for this particular thing. He may not have thought his way to the no-mask position-- none of them did; they neither think nor believe in thinking, despite Jer's belief that he's some kind of an intellectual. 

But he's definitely part of the no-mask tribe, just as they all are. ..... And in his case that's amplified because it's not just a family tribe and a religious tribe and a political tribe but a my-boss-is-really-heavily-into-this-and-I've-pinned-all-my-future-hopes-on-sucking-up-to-him tribe. No way would Jer do anything but embrace all that. 

He and Jinger have pretended to be mask wearers at times--because they know they have a mainstream media following to some extent, and they want to look good to them, too. But that was the same thing as Meeechelle and Jessa and other Duggars pretending they believed in social distancing and such. We knew all along that the Arkansas Duggars didn't really believe in that concern-for-public-health stuff.

They're all mask-eschewers at heart. It's a badge of their identity. If they didn't know that some of their media following--and thus the source of some of their money--were more mainstream people, they'd all have been just as consistent about anti-masking as Jill R, for example. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree. I don't think he needed any pressure for this particular thing. He may not have thought his way to the no-mask position-- none of them did; they neither think nor believe in thinking, despite Jer's belief that he's some kind of an intellectual. 

But he's definitely part of the no-mask tribe, just as they all are. ..... And in his case that's amplified because it's not just a family tribe and a religious tribe and a political tribe but a my-boss-is-really-heavily-into-this-and-I've-pinned-all-my-future-hopes-on-sucking-up-to-him tribe. No way would Jer do anything but embrace all that. 

He and Jinger have pretended to be mask wearers at times--because they know they have a mainstream media following to some extent, and they want to look good to them, too. But that was the same thing as Meeechelle and Jessa and other Duggars pretending they believed in social distancing and such. We knew all along that the Arkansas Duggars didn't really believe in that concern-for-public-health stuff.

They're all mask-eschewers at heart. It's a badge of their identity. If they didn't know that some of their media following--and thus the source of some of their money--were more mainstream people, they'd all have been just as consistent about anti-masking as Jill R, for example. 

If the article is correct and he actually wore a mask and removed it at the door to the church, I think we can deduct that a very big part of his behavior is due to MacArthur's ego.  Not that I think he is all that devoted to mask wearing or pays attention to the public health directives issued by the state and federal agencies.  He mainly thinks of the mask as a fashion accessory, IMO. Hence, the removing of it to snap selfies in a health care facility.  I'm kind of surprised he hasn't modeled a wardrobe of masks matched to his pocket squares, to be honest.  That seems like just the sort of merchandise tie-in his sad little internet store could use.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Yeah I think that he knows it's serious and he wears a mask except when it could lose him his sponsorship. I'm very curious to see if anything changes with this family once Jeremy is finished his seminary work. Once he actually has his degree, I wonder if he'll go the way of some of the megachurches that are really popular these days. They make sure to be very focused on the new testament and don't delve as much into the judgement aspect of things. It's more about each person's connection to Christ. Time will tell.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If the article is correct and he actually wore a mask and removed it at the door to the church, I think we can deduct that a very big part of his behavior is due to MacArthur's ego.  

If that detail is accurate, then Jer's definitely playing to two audiences, I think. And it's mostly or even entirely about the audiences--and very little about what he may "believe" about masks, in any direction. He may never have given even a second's thought to what he believes about mask wearing, since the wants of his two constituencies (read: potential money and fame sources) are so clear. 

I mean, out on the street some mainstream "fan" might see him and they'd want him to wear the mask (not that he has enough mainstream fans for an encounter with one on an LA-area street to be likely, but I'm sure he thinks he does). So for that eventuality, he wears a mask out on the street because that's the path to mainstream acceptance and admiration. 

Then he enters the church, where the boss and his buddies are the audience, and he takes the mask off in there. Because that's the path to their acceptance and admiration. 

He wants to look like a leader and he's the ultimate follower. He ends up wearing a mask outdoors and not wearing one indoors--the exact opposite of what makes sense. And he does it because of who may look at him and form an opinion of him in the two different places. 

Cheap lawn chair. Yes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22

I believe Jeremy and Jinger flew to Arizonia and were in a restaurant with Jed and Jer a few months back. None of them wore masks. Someone mentioned a baby shower for Jinger where masks weren't worn. And they certainly didn't wear masks when they had houseguests who flew in from two different states. I'm guessing Jeremy wears masks when the rules might be enforced and doesn't the rest of the time. I don't think its playing to the crowds, because, well, because there really are no crowds. MacArthur's church was the story and the photographer happened to catch a familiar face.

Like @Churchhoney said, Jeremy isn't thinking. And I'll add, when he does think, he's thinking of himself only, with little use of his frontal lobe.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I was a little surprised at the casual wear of the church crowd.  For some dumb reason I expected fashion plates like Jeremee.  I guess his wardrobe is to help him stand above the crowd alongside McArthur.

If everyone wore a suit and tie, hip brown shoes and an expensive pocket square, then Jeremeeee wouldn't stand out in the crowd of unwashed masses.  Our boy's gotta shine! 

5 hours ago, ouinason said:

the article says Jinger was at home for that church thing, but that's not exactly better.

I literally shudder to imagine the germ cocktail that jerk is going to bring home to his post-partum wife, toddler and newborn baby.  It's clear he cares far more about his status than he does about his family.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

MacArthur is holding church services? Isn't L.A. back in lockdown?

Oh yeah.  He's in violation of the health order.  He gets notices from the county and disregards them.  Some of the conservative evangelicals possess a certain pious arrogance that is definitely unlovely.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 12
On 12/2/2020 at 2:45 PM, thehorseofpower said:

Sooo...if I've read all of this correctly...they tried to generate interest by asking followers what they thought "Hope and Stead" was going to be, when in reality, they had already posted pictures of basically every piece of merchandise in their teaser images since there are only about 5 hats and one candle in the entire "store?" Real big reveal there, guys. 🙄

Exactly and they were going on and on about all the hard work, time and effort that went into their online shop....

I was expecting an online store with hundreds of items and then they open it and it's literally 5 baseball caps and a couple candles.. Wtf?!??

I don't know about anyone else but in our house stocking stuffers are usually inexpensive items or special treats... that way you can stuff the stockings full without breaking the bank..... not $50 hats and candles. 😮

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and they were going on and on about all the hard work, time and effort that went into their online shop....

I was expecting an online store with hundreds of items and then they open it and it's literally 5 baseball caps and a couple candles.. Wtf?!??

I don't know about anyone else but in our house stocking stuffers are usually inexpensive items or special treats... that way you can stuff the stockings full without breaking the bank..... not $50 hats and candles. 😮

50 bucks would be an upper end gift in my family.  We got stuff like candy, Pez dispensers, batteries for toys, cheap earrings, maybe barrettes or hair clips in our stockings.  My mom probably filled 5 stocking for under $50.  

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh yeah.  He's in violation of the health order.  He gets notices from the county and disregards them.  Some of the conservative evangelicals possess a certain pious arrogance that is definitely unlovely.

I thought the County was going to revoke use of the parking lot, leased from the County. Did they back down? Where are all those people parking?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I thought the County was going to revoke use of the parking lot, leased from the County. Did they back down? Where are all those people parking?

It was supposed to happen October 1.  Can't find anything that says it did or didn't happen.  Considering MacArthur has gotten a lot of mileage and donations out of his rants that mask mandates and social distancing rules are a violation of the separation of church and state; I wouldn't be surprised if the church didn't file suit against the county and/or if they are simply refusing to abandon the lot and the county doesn't want the aggravation they'd get if they started towing.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

The Supreme Court, in November, sided with churches and ruled that NY Governor Cuomo could not require churches to stop holding inside services. On the 3rd they sent a case brought by Harvest Rock Church back to the 9th Circuit District Court to deal with but emphasized that their November ruling should be taken into account. 

At this point, the State of California probably figures they're between a rock and a hard spot. If they don't require churches to stop indoor services people are going to die. If they do require them to close the Supreme Court will probably rule against them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The Supreme Court, in November, sided with churches and ruled that NY Governor Cuomo could not require churches to stop holding inside services. On the 3rd they sent a case brought by Harvest Rock Church back to the 9th Circuit District Court to deal with but emphasized that their November ruling should be taken into account. 

At this point, the State of California probably figures they're between a rock and a hard spot. If they don't require churches to stop indoor services people are going to die. If they do require them to close the Supreme Court will probably rule against them.

🤬

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think that since the Supreme Court ruling localities are locking down everything except churches.  Churchgoers are free to take their chances these days, so I don't think Jeremee's church is breaking any rules.

32 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, I certainly don't want Jeremy and his merry band of covidiots occupying hospital beds better taken by people who played by the rules but still got sick. If it's nothing more than the flu, stay home and cure yourselves. 

Or their Jesus can cure them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

What's even worse is that in at capacity ICUs, they are forced to make care decisions. If there was one vent available for use, Jeremy would likely receive it before the 70 year old in the next bed. How fucked up is that? 70 is still young, until you're next to a 30 year old covidiot.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was going to share this in Small Talk, but it has relevance here.

A former colleague of mine had her 2nd child last week. She received a call today informing her that she, her newborn and her two year old were exposed to covid at the pediatrician's office on Monday. She lives in the DC area. They gave her no details, just that she was exposed. While this new mom is youngish (nearing 40) and kids typically do okay with covid, the mom is morbidly obese, which puts her a higher risk for complications.

It emphasizes what an asshole Jeremy the maskless wonder is, when he removes his mask in a doctor's office. If he has it covid, he's spreading it and if he doesn't, he increases the chance of contracting it and spreading it to his family.

By attending a church the size of his without a mask, Jeremy's 'bubble' is basically all of LA. With a splash of AR and NJ.

We are 9 months into this pandemic, there are no excuses for careless behavior now. IMO, going around maskless is the same as driving drunk.

Or as I say practicing unsafe sex with multiple partners during the height of the AIDS era. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11