Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I was induced with my third, I requested it early in the pregnancy, and a date was chosen. It wasn’t medically necessary. My labor with my second was so quick she was born at home. I told the doctor I didn’t want to wake up and find the baby had been born while I slept. 

Actually, 'logistics' such as a history of rapid labors, distance from the hospital, etc is indeed considered a legitimate indication for inducing labor and most any hospital would have no problem deeming it medically necessary.  The American College of OB/GYN lists it in its guidelines for inducing labor.  And, with recent research indicating that the best outcomes for mother and baby seem to occur when delivery takes place at 39 weeks, we may well be seeing a lot more inductions in the future. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

feel like if someone wants to be induced at full-term it would be okay. I actually used to think it was a good idea to wait to go into labor, but like Jinger, I've changed my mind watching her sisters. 

I think this is becoming more and more true.  However, it is important to remember that the cost of an induction is far higher than the cost of a birth when a woman presents in natural labor.  Birthing centers/labor and delivery are like intensive care units; huge staffing requirements as well as a lot of high tech monitoring equipment.  Because an induction means hours and hours more time in the intensive care setting, it is only cost effective if it lowers the chances of a cesarean significantly.  Most recent research indicates that it does, but for a long time, an induction meant a much higher chance of a cesarean.  While we hate to be so crass as to put a price on human lives and medical care, we don't have an infinite amount of money to spend on health care and we need to be smart about it.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Would a doctor induce weeks early if it wasn't medically necessary?

It's kind of been addressed above, but no.  Most hospitals won't allow an induction before 39 weeks without definite medical indications.  At 39 weeks, it gets a little looser with the other factors coming into play.  

I have very, very quick labors once they start rolling and was monitored very, very closely at the end of every pregnancy.  I got to the hospital every time before I was feeling regular contractions.  As one doctor said, by the time I feel the contractions, it's time to play catch.  I would have scheduled inductions if we hadn't lived close to the hospitals plus had doctors who paid attention to my family's and my history.  

• Love 2

I had planned to have my daughter in the "birthing room" at the hospital.  After a long labor and a couple hours of pushing, while being monitored, they determined I needed to be transferred to a delivery room down the hall.  Vacuum suction with a local anesthetic saved me from needing a caesarean.  I was just happy to have a healthy baby, and to be done with terrible back labor.

Things have changed a lot in the 30+years since.  Good thing I knew home birth wasn't for me.  JinJer did the right thing for them, with making hospital plans.  Ma Kettle used a hospital for almost all her births, so it's puzzling why most of her daughters think home birth is the first option.  Sign of the times?  Is it a fundie ideal now?  I sure don't know.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 8:41 PM, bythelake said:

Well, she forgot the part where some of her sisters attempted home births and wound up in the hospital because of complications.

I’m sure that influenced her decision, and scared the hell out of her.

Can any of us forget the infamous phone call by Michelle to the emergency services about Jessa, screeching into the phone "Mothurrrr is Bleeeeedingggg".

Any of those girls who saw & heard that at STILL wanted to do a home birth are seriously defective.  

Jing & Baaaaabe made the right call from the get-go. 

• Love 23

I hate the knot thing, but Felicity is so adorable. It's obvious that she is getting a lot of interaction with her parents.

As for inducing early ~ my daughter's due date was 9/21 and she was induced the evening of 9/12. Initially, she was scheduled to be induced on the morning of the 14th, but the doctor was going out of town Friday so he rescheduled it for Wednesday night and then tried to reschedule it again for Tuesday night.  Since I was their ride to the hospital and couldn't make it Tuesday, he had to be satisfied with Wednesday night. He was kind of pissy about it and made a couple of snide comments about me not being willing to take extra time off of work for my grandchild (aka his vacation).

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't like that knot thing but her baby is so cute. Can't tell if this is an ad.

Maybe they're declaring their intent to raise Felicity as Sikh? :) (Though I think it's only the men who wear the head turban-like thingy, whose name I do not know.)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't like that knot thing but her baby is so cute. Can't tell if this is an ad.

I like the knot thing- cuter than a baby hat and still keeps her head warm in the AC of south Texas. I’m 99% sure it’s an ad though. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

The knot thing is better than those fake pigtail/curls that the Duggars have used. 

Devil’s horns would be better than those god-awful pigtails.  

I’m so glad to finally see her little hands!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

Lissy is ready to cook buttermilk pancakes and cornbread. Fiddle Dee Dee.

and a mess of greens 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Anyone notice the 'arrow design' sheets? Quivers???

They're available at Target, they're crib sheets. I recently attended a baby shower and the mom-to-be got the same ones and she is definitely NOT quiverfull.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

My theory is that the tradition of putting tight bands around young girls' heads started when men theorized it might keep their brains from growing big enough to challenge the patriarchy. 

The little flowers and such are simply subterfuge. 

Yeah!  Churchie is back!!!

I hate the knot thingie!

• Love 16

As long as they don't hurt the babies' heads I don't mind the bows. I once complimented a couple on their adorable son only to be told "he" was a girl. Thankfully, they didn't take it personally, but I felt horrible about it. The bows help clueless people like me differentiate, lol.

• Love 8

yeah...the bows are good if you have a baby that you want to make SURE everyone  knows is a girl....lol...there are things I never say...Is this your mother/Father when meeting any couple...When are you due and What is his or her name....some parents and people can get the panties in a twist...so I just avoid as much as I can....I dont even ask is this your wife husband....I just say "and you are ??? and let them do all the talking...

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

.Is this your mother/Father when meeting any couple..

*sigh* I did that one too. A college friend who lives cross country texted me some pictures of her wedding. Since she's not active on social media, I'd never seen her fiance. I only looked at the first couple and texted "How nice! I love the one of you and Tim's dad!" to which she responded with "???" when I told her which picture she texted "Uh, that's my husband." Face palm. I've decided to stick with generic sentiments ever since.

• Love 13

A lady at Olive Garden kept saying "she" when referring to my son.  After the second time I corrected her - not in a snotty way.  When she asked how old "she" was, I said "HE" is 10 months.  I was just surprised that she thought he was a girl.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

My theory is that the tradition of putting tight bands around young girls' heads started when men theorized it might keep their brains from growing big enough to challenge the patriarchy. 

Welcome back! We missed you!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey!  I've missed your posts, @Churchhoney.  Good to "see" you.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

As long as they don't hurt the babies' heads I don't mind the bows. I once complimented a couple on their adorable son only to be told "he" was a girl. Thankfully, they didn't take it personally, but I felt horrible about it. The bows help clueless people like me differentiate, lol.

When my daughter was probably close to a year old, I so remember taking her to the mall, and running into a good friend's mother.  I had dressed baby in blue, simply because I had the outfit handy (it was a shower gift, back before ultrasounds were routine.)  Friend's mom knew I'd had a girl, but had to say to baby, "why did your mommy dress you in blue?"  Maybe a bow on her head would have helped!  I was always afraid she'd yank it off and put it in her mouth.  LOL

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Unpopular opinion here, probably, but I don't really see her as particularly cuter than the average baby. 

I don't either. She's cute but pretty much indistinguishable from any other two month-old. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Madtown said:

The only good part of the knot thing on her head, is that it highlights her awesome chubby cheeks..

Is that a look of trepidation I see on Felicity's face?  I like it, as well as those chubby baby legs.

(I should say, I like that look on all babies, because it's so cute and I wonder what someone that tiny has to be worried about.  I don't like it when babies look worried for real!)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Is that a look of trepidation I see on Felicity's face?  I like it, as well as those chubby baby legs.

(I should say, I like that look on all babies, because it's so cute and I wonder what someone that tiny has to be worried about.  I don't like it when babies look worried for real!)

I wonder if Jinger was making weird noises or facial expressions to get the baby to look at the camera, and Felicity got captured in a wtf? pose.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

A lady at Olive Garden kept saying "she" when referring to my son.  After the second time I corrected her - not in a snotty way.  When she asked how old "she" was, I said "HE" is 10 months.  I was just surprised that she thought he was a girl.

One of my nephews has a very pretty face, always has. He's also very blond and has bright blue eyes. When he was about 10, he had long hair. He was spending the weekend with me and we went to dinner. The waitress asked me was "she" was having. "He" will have, and then she continued to ask me a second time what sides "she" would have with "her" meal. Yeah, waitress at Denny's didn't get a tip that day. We also went shopping and more than one person we encountered in stores thought he was a girl. He was apparently super pretty that day! LOL! He frequently was referred to as she back then, but that day was over the top. He's 20 now, still same pretty face and eyes, but the short hair and beard is helping! 

Little Miss Felicity is just adorable and just looks so content in every picture I've seen of her. There's a difference between a smiling baby and a content baby. Jessa's babies usually looked content too, as does Giddy. Jill's never did. The Dillard boys have looked anxious and on edge from day one. Even when they are smiling, there's a look of nerves in their eyes. Can't say on Joe's baby or the M kids, I haven't seen enough pics of them. 

• Love 11

I wonder if Jinger follows Audrey, a.k.a. The Snooty Roloff (at least that's what I call her).  She loves those knot things for her daughter who just turned a year old.  I have to give JinJer props-Felicity is much cuter than Ember.  

4 hours ago, sixlets said:

I wonder if Jinger follows Audrey, a.k.a. The Snooty Roloff (at least that's what I call her).  She loves those knot things for her daughter who just turned a year old.  I have to give JinJer props-Felicity is much cuter than Ember.  

The knot things must be a thing now. I had dinner with a friend tonight and she was showing me a picture of her cousin's daughter, who was quite adorable, and she was wearing a knot sort of thing on her head. I think she's about 5 months old. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger looks great. Don't throw tomatoes at me, but I still think Felicity looks like a cuter version of Josie.

Josie and Jinger (as well as one of the middle boys who's name I can't be bothered to remember) look a lot a like, since they both take after Michelle, so it makes sense that Felicity looks like Josie. 

• Love 9