Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Can you... exfoliate babies? Does Johnson & Johnson make a No More Tears scrub?

If you did want to exfoliate your baby (if the baby had very dry skin or something) it would be best to use coconut oil and a little sugar to make a natural scrub. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Can you... exfoliate babies? Does Johnson & Johnson make a No More Tears scrub?

I wondered the exact same thing!

13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

If you did want to exfoliate your baby (if the baby had very dry skin or something) it would be best to use coconut oil and a little sugar to make a natural scrub. 

Surely a Terry cloth wash cloth with warm water??

• Love 2
On 9/6/2018 at 9:42 PM, Nysha said:

@Fostersmom , I agree with you. Jeremy has never hidden what he believes. You can be a Fundamentalist Evangelical Christian and have good taste in clothes. Unless Jeremy has a crisis of faith and turns Episcopalian or Methodist, I'm going to always believe that he is anti-gay rights, anti-abortion rights, and thinks everyone who doesn't believe just like he does is a hell-bound sinner.

Currently the United Methodist Church is officially anti-gay (although there's a growing number of affirming congregations in the US that ignore the rule). That may or may not change in the coming year. It is an international denomination, so, UMC personnel in very conservative countries are generally NOT in favor of allowing LGBTQ rights. </end theological info splash>

Definitely a very cute picture of Felicity.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know I'm alone on this, but to me Felicity is still in that weird alien phase where I can't really tell who or what she's going to look like. I think she's cute in that generic way all babies are cute, but she just looks like a run of the mill infant at this point. *ducks to avoid tomatoes being thrown*

You're not alone! She looks like .  . . A baby.

• Love 17

It appears Jinger didn't sign that little "statement" on ignorance and oppression social justice. 

I wonder ... did she have a problem with it, or did Jeremy decide her signature was of no value and refused to let her participate? Perhaps he thinks his esteemed signature as The Headship counts for them both.  

Hmmm, no Derwood Dullard signature either. Maybe he resents Jeremy beating him to it and refuses to sign because he's a little snitbitch like that. Or perhaps the "statement" wasn't hateful enough for him.  Although insulting, nobody actually gets called a freak or a pervert so Derwood can't be bothered to participate.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

Yes, a cute photo of Felicity. She looks like a happy baby. Can't help but say that in this photo, I believe she's looking at the bow on her head and is asking "what is this thing that's growing out of my head?"

It's better than what I thought I saw on first viewing. I saw the brown and black thing behind her head while scrolling and thought they put a headband with sausage curls on her so she'd look like Aunt Pittypat from "Gone with the Wind."

Laura Hope Crews  Gone with the Wind (1939).jpg

Edited by Catlyn
clarification and not going with my first choice spelling of Pittypat.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know I'm alone on this, but to me Felicity is still in that weird alien phase where I can't really tell who or what she's going to look like. I think she's cute in that generic way all babies are cute, but she just looks like a run of the mill infant at this point. *ducks to avoid tomatoes being thrown*

My grandmother taught me all momma monkeys think their baby monkeys are cute.

That’s one of the main things I hate about social media.  People flood it with pics of their cutest, most precious children with no concept that these children are only adorable, special and most beautiful to them.  They aren’t nearly as endearing to everyone else, especially after the umpteenth pic.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It appears Jinger didn't sign that little "statement" on ignorance and oppression social justice. 

I wonder ... did she have a problem with it, or did Jeremy decide her signature was of no value and refused to let her participate? Perhaps he thinks his esteemed signature as The Headship counts for them both.  

Hmmm, no Derwood Dullard signature either. Maybe he resents Jeremy beating him to it and refuses to sign because he's a little snitbitch like that. Or perhaps the "statement" wasn't hateful enough for him.  Although insulting, nobody actually gets called a freak or a pervert so Derwood can't be bothered to participate.

It's possible Jinger doesn't even know Jeremy signed the statement.

Maybe Jeremy doesn't want Jinger to worry her pretty little head on such serious manly concerns.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

See, I truly love Husband and all. And he truly loves me. With that said, we do not love everything about each other. And after spending a 3 day weekend together, we can be sick of each other. And right now I can’t wait for him to get home from work so I can hug him. That is our life. 

My life as well.  Damn, what is the matter with me, that Mr. Xword sometimes gets on my last nerve?  And I know he'd say the same about me!

Dear JinJer, just wait until you've been married for 40+ years.  I know I won't be around then, but it would be nice if I could read their long-married posts.

I am just happy I grew up before posting every last fucking thing about my perfect (not) life became a thing.  

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's possible Jinger doesn't even know Jeremy signed the statement.

Maybe Jeremy doesn't want Jinger to worry her pretty little head on such serious manly concerns.

I'm sure she knows about him signing it. He retweeted several posts about it to encourage his followers to sign it.

Screenshot_20180908-164129.thumb.jpg.6508267f26b9dc17821ae524251a5530.jpg

Screenshot_20180908-164428-564x339.jpg.97bfdb48956ad1bf9d1ba320a4d5406f.jpg

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 6:56 PM, bigskygirl said:

This is reason 999,999 why I cannot stand these people. Why do need to list every freaking thing you "love" about him. Seriously! Is she trying to convince all of us what a great guy he is, and she is really in love with him.

She even used a pop song lyric!

I think I may have been the only one who caught that.

• Love 1

Jinger wore That Mushroom Cardigan for her staged engagement photos in NYC.

It was fugly then and it's fugly now! That cute floral sundress needs a fuscia shrug or cardigan.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

She even used a pop song lyric!

I think I may have been the only one who caught that.

I got it too! Clean Bandit! I wonder if she *gasps* dances around while cleaning the house like I do.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I’m sure they assume his signature counts for the household. I didn’t notice- are there female signatures, or is signing official godly documents not part of their ordained gender role?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

That is a photo from their engagement. I remember it well....bad clothing choice on Jinger's part.

Yes. From their engagement photo shoot, not their actual engagement. The cardigan features in both occasions, but I remember a lot of fuss because, in one of the pics from this shoot, the dress failed to meet their modesty standards and revealed the outline of her lower body. *Clutches pearls.

DSC02269-Edit-684x1024.jpg

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Yes. From their engagement photo shoot, not their actual engagement. The cardigan features in both occasions, but I remember a lot of fuss because, in one of the pics from this shoot, the dress failed to meet their modesty standards and revealed the outline of her lower body. *Clutches pearls.

DSC02269-Edit-684x1024.jpg

Really, leghumpers?  (rolleyes) She's clearly wearing a slip, for one; and secondly, with the part of her legs that is revealed, I'd be thinking from that distance, that for some reason she wore cowboy boots with her ensemble.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, queenanne said:

Really, leghumpers?  (rolleyes) She's clearly wearing a slip, for one; and secondly, with the part of her legs that is revealed, I'd be thinking from that distance, that for some reason she wore cowboy boots with her ensemble.

I don't think there's a slip but the dress is tiered, so double the fabric above her knees. Fuss was totally eyeroll-worthy. We knew she had legs. 

• Love 6
On 9/8/2018 at 7:10 AM, LilJen said:

Currently the United Methodist Church is officially anti-gay (although there's a growing number of affirming congregations in the US that ignore the rule).

The UMC in my rural Idaho town in inclusive, so I thought all Methodist churches were.

• Love 3

FWIW, most of the Methodists I've met are pretty mainstream and even fairly liberal and don't necessarily treat official church statements as their own doctrine. And I'm talking rural Arkansas Methodists. I do know one older lady who is a very conservative Methodist, but she's been the exception. (And she's not pushy about it.) The fundies I know consider Methodists a fairly godlessly liberal bunch. I think many of the more conservative Methodists probably left that denomination once they started to deem it too liberal for their standards. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule, but I really don't consider Methodists fundamentalist. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

The UMC in my rural Idaho town in inclusive, so I thought all Methodist churches were.

The UMC debate is over ordination of gay people and pastoring a same-sex wedding. Many, many churches are welcoming, inclusive congregations that do perform marriages and a great number of clergy (including bishops) have come out. A great percentage of clergy are pushing for complete support of gay marriage and ordination. Both my husband I are retired UM clergy, and are pro-full inclusion. 

• Love 21
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, awaken said:

Wow, I just read that whole statement!  Oh, the horrors of social justice!  ?. I love how now racism and discrimination based on culture is abhorrent to them, when a few decades ago this was not the case.  When I was applying to fundie colleges in the 90’s, interracial relationships were prohibited.  

These are the same folks who demonize the ACLU.  There's nothing more evil than civil liberties for all.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, BitterApple said:

She's definitely cute (like all babies) but if it were Jill's child with the pink bow above, I'm betting there'd be some "cross-eyed" references.

• Love 5
On 9/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, Zella said:

FWIW, most of the Methodists I've met are pretty mainstream and even fairly liberal and don't necessarily treat official church statements as their own doctrine. And I'm talking rural Arkansas Methodists. I do know one older lady who is a very conservative Methodist, but she's been the exception. (And she's not pushy about it.) The fundies I know consider Methodists a fairly godlessly liberal bunch. I think many of the more conservative Methodists probably left that denomination once they started to deem it too liberal for their standards. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule, but I really don't consider Methodists fundamentalist. 

Amen! As a Methodist myself, the biggest reason the church officially is against full inclusion is because the Methodists in Africa have sheer numbers, and they are against it. Most Methodists in the US are for it!

• Love 5
On 9/7/2018 at 5:09 PM, BitterApple said:

Boy, talk about roughing it! They were so hard at work helping the poor. How on Earth did Jeremy manage to find time to swing by an El Salvadorean Starbucks and buy that mug?

There’s a Starbucks in virtually every airport terminal (great place to get a banana for the plane), and they sell both regular and souvenir mugs, etc, like the neighborhood Starbucks. I can’t shade him for getting souvenirs at the airport, or if he walked to a local establishment before or after “working” one day.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:57 PM, Nysha said:

Ironically, my northern VA, DC suburbs UMC is not, particularly. (It’s a pretty conservative Methodist church - no dancing was allowed even at wedding receptions in the fellowship hall (even the first dance or father/bride / mother/groom dances), and my youth group’s weekend trips a decade or so ago were themed as such that I had no idea that the whole “giving pieces of yourself/your heart away and walking down the aisle an empty twig” and whatnot weren’t standard mainstream Protestant fare until Robyn’s testimonial at their home church on Sister Wives and the fuss on message boards, since that all sounded exactly like my Methodist youth group retreats. (My mom was APPALLED to discover this 20 years after the fact. She’d grown up Lutheran, I think, but landed at the local UMC because they were welcoming and she was attending solo, and they had a good music program. My parents were/are liberal and I always tuned the ridiculous right out, and I knew my folks didn’t feel that way or care about that, it just never occurred to Teenage Me that my mom *didn’t* get the same message growing up in her church and thus had no idea that I was, since that wasn’t a discussion point from the pulpit.) The totally confused and offended look on her 65 year old face when 30 year old me explained some of these things she’d never heard of that she’d accidentally PAID FOR ME to be taught - I just liked the weekend away with my friends - was amazing.)

Edited by WalrusGirl
So yeah, I’m not sure what’s surprising about Jeremy signing that statement. He seems to have mainstream friends, but he’s an evangelical pastor; his church’s Statement of Faith was “Prepared by the Men of Grace Community Church,” for cripes’ sake.
  • Love 9
On 9/8/2018 at 2:28 PM, DangerousMinds said:

You're not alone! She looks like .  . . A baby.

All babies are not cute.  MINE were of course, but I have 8 grands.  The first ones were all so STINKING cute, I kept saying “...wait for it....”.  Because odds were we would   eventually have an ET amongst us.  But it kept working out and working out... until #8.  OMG, this baby was absolutely SCARY!!!  (And if a grandma can say that...).  Side eyes EVERYWHERE!  Fortunately, he has grown into his eyeballs (pretty sure the no-chin thing is genetic and here to stay).  He’s adorable now, and we’re keeping him regardless, but I can tell you first hand that there really is room for some not-so-cute babies in this world.

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

All babies are not cute.  MINE were of course, but I have 8 grands.  The first ones were all so STINKING cute, I kept saying “...wait for it....”.  Because odds were we would   eventually have an ET amongst us.  But it kept working out and working out... until #8.  OMG, this baby was absolutely SCARY!!!  (And if a grandma can say that...).  Side eyes EVERYWHERE!  Fortunately, he has grown into his eyeballs (pretty sure the no-chin thing is genetic and here to stay).  He’s adorable now, and we’re keeping him regardless, but I can tell you first hand that there really is room for some not-so-cute babies in this world.

This is Mommy Rabbittron and I remember when I gave birth to my last kid after I saw her the first thing that I said was I gave birth to a alien.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

This is Mommy Rabbittron and I remember when I gave birth to my last kid after I saw her the first thing that I said was I gave birth to a alien.

My daughter looked she had an Elvis wig, complete with sideburns at birth!  Then she started to bald...well at 22 years now, she’s gorgeous. 

• Love 7

I secretly wish one of the girls who were molested more by once by Smugs would call out Michelle and JB on it. I mean seriously a long post about how great a mother she is along with a great role model she is. Get the shovels and boots out because the bull shit is deep.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 hours ago, leighdear said:

Such an adorable photo.  Jeremy truly shows that he's head-over-heels for his daughter.  I don't remember a single other member of that family exhibiting such joy and delight at their baby.  

Thankfully, I do not see blanket training in that little cutie's future.  She's a Daddy's girl, and he won't allow anyone with a blanket within miles of her.  

• Love 10