Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Unpopular opinion but I don't really like Jinger.  She is too boring.  jessa might be a bitch but at least a bitch has some spunk. Jinger is like jello and I prefer people with some spark and energy to them.  I don't dislike Jinger but I don't like her either. 

My husband and I fight .  A lot. We love each other and are pretty happy but we aren't compatible on a lot of things, quite honestly. He is cranky and I have a lot of NYC attitude.  ;)

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think that's possible. Mr Jyn and I do not really fight either. Partly it's because I'll admit to having quite a lack of assertiveness while he has a slightly controlling personality (in that he doesn't take well to contradiction). He also tends toward impatience. So while there have certainly been times that I've felt hurt and spent a night crying, or he has got his feathers ruffled when I disagreed with him and gave me the silent treatment for a day or two, we don't actually fight. In 33 years there have been probably less than five actual instances of raised voices. And we know each other well enough at this point that we know that all those other things will just blow over. And his taste & judgement are, for the most part, exceptional, so even if I don't get my own way, most of the time it's not a big deal in the major scheme of things. 

Mr. Barb & I are the same way.  Sure, we've had some bumps along the way but we worked thru them.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! I can't stand that personality type either. A lot of people like that expect you to read minds, and are really upset about something but they won't tell you. It also make sure me feel bad when I find out they're afraid to tell me something...like, am I that intimidating? Lol. 

Well, when you're born with a certain kind of personality living in a certain kind of family will quickly wire you this way. It happened to me. And I'd be shocked if some of the Duggars weren't born with makeups that made them ripe to become this way, too. And Jingle's pretty certainly among them. And I'm sure there are other Duggarlings among them, too, since that's what Duggardom and Gothardland are all about. 

But I'll tell you that, while you folks may hate to be around us , being us is certainly just as unpleasant and maybe even worse. 

In my case, for example, I got by by avoiding immediate wrath because I kept my (plentiful) views mostly to myself. And then every once in a while I couldn't hold it in and I'd have some kind of completely non-specific blowup that seemed to have no cause whatsoever but was actually triggered by the ever-growing pile of objections I had in me all the time but didn't express. When the pile hit some critical mass, I'd explode. Bigly. So rather than looking like a person who disagreed (very very bad, in my family) I looked like a person who was crazy (also very very bad, but in a slightly different way). 

Worse, when I left it turned out that the people I attracted were all those who really do get furious when you disagree with them.

Apparently they could smell my nature. So just at the time that I was timidly trying to speak up more -- figuring I was out of the lethally unsafe environment -- I ended up with people who lashed out or refused to speak to you for weeks if you asserted yourself in any way they disliked.

And, while I could consciously tell myself that they were more of the problem than I was, having my (perfectly justifiable)  infant fears of destruction-upon-disagreeing reinforced in adulthood by new people did nothing to help me change. 

I'm hoping that Jer doesn't turn out to be one of these people. Because if he does, Jingle's got a long-term problem. ...

I don't think we have any evidence yet of which way he'll swing, though. And I'm hoping that his somewhat external motivations for wanting her -- the family fame to help his career and the gotta-have-an-utterly-unkissed-virgin thing -- mean that he's not one of those who's sniffed out and latched onto a non-disagree-er because that's what he inwardly craves. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
(edited)

I don’t see any reason to doubt that they get along easily. I know a number of couples who are pretty well in sync for the most part, including me and Mr T. Plenty of couples seem able to talk things out and come to mutually satisfactory decisions. Jinger and Jeremy, to me, seem to genuinely like and value each other and they may well be true friends and see eye to eye for the most part. I just don’t see any evidence to the contrary. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 19

She's still not as big as Joy was at 14 weeks. This bodes well for Jinger's delivery. 

Anybody want to make a collage of the Duggar sisters' pregnancies at the same stages? I don't remember how big Jill or Jessa were at this point. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It seems to me that Jinger only wears this shirt for these pictures, so the actual shape of her abdomen will show. I am so glad that she only wears it here. Otherwise she dresses cute AND appropriate for public viewing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 16
(edited)

Jin looks beautiful.  She is ROCKING this pregnancy thing.  I truly hope that she is different from her sisters and actually takes a solid interest in her baby and doesn’t focus on building that quiver. 

I’ve always believed that she is religious but not Gothard like the rest of her family. She is creative and outgoing...and wanted to live in the city till her fam poo poo’d the idea.  I believe she will be the one to entirely cut ties with Gothardism of all her siblings. The rest of the lot are too close to the compound to truly break away from it.  Jill and Derelicte got away physically but were still under JB’s thumb (wasn’t he the reason why the SOS House was built?  And he DID “gift” them with air conditioners for said house.  And they came back how many times from DA only to be given a schmancy house to stay in.  And money to go with it...). 

Jin and Jer may go back to visit, but I don’t think they are living the Jimbob dream. 

And as far as the birth audience goes, it’s kinda normal for a mom to want her mom there when she is giving birth.  It’s a comfort thing, if their relationship supports that.  I just hope that Jer puts his foot down in re: overstaying and not chipping in to help Jin.  I see their wanting to stay a month and lounge around Stately Vuolo Manor while Jin cares for Baby Vuolo and Jer and everyone else.  At most I see MeChelle holding her “latest precious blessing grandchild” and Jessa directing how to stack dirty diapers on the dresser.  And moving Jer’s bookcase again because babies don’t need books.

ETA: the arrival of MeChelle and Jessa will also herald the swarming in of Bin and the boys as well as JimBob and most likely “The Precious  Miracle” Josie. Because she seems to get to go places where the other kids are not.  

Omg if they show up with all of the howlers in tow, I’m sure Jer will have something to say about it.  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 14

As long as Jinger and Jeremy are on the show, they are still under JB's thumb. Now if she cut herself completely off from her parents, stays in touch with her siblings, went out by herself without clinging to Jeremy 24/7 and had an original thought without him holding her hands, I would be impressed, but sadly I do not see it happening.

jessa-duggar-ef57062c-06a8-4c8e-b426-804

Jessa at 25 weeks with Spurge (l) and Henry

0e5d5e6a11db17a6b978d78f1ee35b95.jpg

Couldn't find one at 25 weeks, this is Jill at 28 weeks with Israel

Joy didn't really do the tracking thing like the others did, so difficult to see how she compares at 25 weeks. 

If Jinger really did draw the cauliflower, color me impressed as well.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Heathen said:

She's still not as big as Joy was at 14 weeks. This bodes well for Jinger's delivery. 

Anybody want to make a collage of the Duggar sisters' pregnancies at the same stages? I don't remember how big Jill or Jessa were at this point. 

This is all of them at 25 weeks~Screenshot_20180407-095326-563x577.jpg.1123163934f32b7c4437f0450710eb77.jpg

Screenshot_20180407-095901-697x723.thumb.jpg.cae21552726692324e1a57127f703ae9.jpg

Joy and Jill didn't keep track too much but I found pictures taken at around 25 weeks based on their due date.

• Love 9

Maybe Jill and Joy didn't track by week because they were so big! Jill looked even crappier during her first pregnancy than she does most of the rest of the time. 

Thanks, @Lunera. It will be interesting to see how they compare when Jinger is further along. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Is Jinger drawing those vegetables?  If so, I’m impressed. 

Well, there doesn't seem to be anybody else around to draw it.

Maybe she did what I do when I want to draw something I haven't drawn before. Google images has tons of drawings of things that you can model your drawing on. ....

Why do I think that no Duggar, including Jingle, has fresh cauliflower around the house that she could sketch from life?

• Love 9

I just don’t see Mechelle as a huge source of comfort to her children even during childbirth. I’m sure she’ll make it about her and yammer on about her birth experience or just check out because she’s jealous shes not in the birthing bed. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

Does that tag around Jill's bump say "To Jill and Derick From God"?  These people...

I missed that.  I had to go back and enlarge it.  OMFG, who does that????

These folks are messed up, big time.  I think all the kids should sue the Duggar LLC for so many things, get their money, leave, and then figure out how to live in the real world, but alas, they won't.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Does that tag around Jill's bump say "To Jill and Derick From God"?  These people...

If I remember right, it was a Christmas picture. Still stupid, but I guess seasonally relevant? 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I just don’t see Mechelle as a huge source of comfort to her children even during childbirth. I’m sure she’ll make it about her and yammer on about her birth experience or just check out because she’s jealous shes not in the birthing bed. 

We can't forget Mechelle's usual line of "she's doing fine.....the baby will be here soon" or something similar. I remember her saying this during Michael's birth while Anna was in the background  writhing in pain & saying she couldn't go on. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Could've ended the sentence right there and it would be accurate.

• Love 18

Maybe it's just a matter of Jessa having two toddlers, and the Vuolos not wanting the noise of little kids around with a new baby. Not to mention little kids are notorious germ vectors. 

• Love 24
(edited)
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Maybe it's just a matter of Jessa having two toddlers, and the Vuolos not wanting the noise of little kids around with a new baby. Not to mention little kids are notorious germ vectors. 

That's what I was thinking as well. The boys are adorable, but I really wouldn't want a family of four crowding my home while I recovered from childbirth. Not to mention, Jessa isn't exactly the type to pitch in and help with chores and cooking. Sure we saw her prepping meals for Joy, but that was part of collecting her TLC paycheck. I doubt she would've done it on her own if the show no longer existed.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Sure we saw her prepping meals for Joy, but that was part of collecting her TLC paycheck. I doubt she would've done it on her own if the show no longer existed.

If I recall, Jana was busy prepping meals while Jessa sat on the sofa holding Henry and talked.  That could be a major difference in who Jinger would want to visit.

• Love 24
On 4/7/2018 at 1:06 PM, Lunera said:

This is all of them at 25 weeks~Screenshot_20180407-095326-563x577.jpg.1123163934f32b7c4437f0450710eb77.jpg

Screenshot_20180407-095901-697x723.thumb.jpg.cae21552726692324e1a57127f703ae9.jpg

Joy and Jill didn't keep track too much but I found pictures taken at around 25 weeks based on their due date.

Jill must have deleted a bunch of pictures then, because she posted the most pictures of herself during her first pregnancy. It's was a minimum of weekly updates.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Is Jinger having a boy? Have they stated the sex of the baby?  

Every time Jinger posts a picture of her pregnant bump next to the chalkboard, the word 'baby' is written in blue.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Every time Jinger posts a picture of her pregnant bump next to the chalkboard, the word 'baby' is written in blue.

Yes, the blue is what sparked my curiosity.  Why not choose a neutral color?

So I did a quick scan on Jinger's instagram account.  She's posted chalkboard week photos at 15, 18, 20, 22 and 25 weeks.  The last 4 all have the same set up - that annoying arrow with the vegetable/fruit drawing at the top.  The first one - week 15 has the baby is a size of an apple and the apple is drawn beside the word apple.  Baby at week 15 is in orange chalk.  Perhaps changing it to blue is their way of saying they found out the sex and it's a boy?

Who knows? But I did research and discover that depending on the position of the baby, they may have well been able to discover the gender of the baby by week 18.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks for checking. I thought she had the same set up throughout the timeline. 

No worries, I thought she had the same set up as well, and checking kept me from laundry and housework for a few minutes - LOL

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I did a quick scan on Jinger's instagram account.  She's posted chalkboard week photos at 15, 18, 20, 22 and 25 weeks.  The last 4 all have the same set up - that annoying arrow with the vegetable/fruit drawing at the top.  The first one - week 15 has the baby is a size of an apple and the apple is drawn beside the word apple.  Baby at week 15 is in orange chalk.  Perhaps changing it to blue is their way of saying they found out the sex and it's a boy?

Who knows? But I did research and discover that depending on the position of the baby, they may have well been able to discover the gender of the baby by week 18.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm with you - that arrow pointing to the top is lame. Isn't it a lot easier to draw the "fruit or veg of the week" at the bottom of the chalk board? I can think of several reasons why that would make more sense (no chalk dust on clothes or smudging words), not be so damn confusing to the eye and a lot easier, especially for Southpaw Jinger.   

I read somewhere that blue chalk is the easiest color that shows up on a chalkboard and is also legible in photographs, so perhaps that's why she's using that shade?

As much as I can't stand Baaaaaabe, I suspect they've either opted to wait to find out the gender until the baby's arrival or they know and aren't telling anyone. Thank God for one less "gender reveal extravaganza!"

If they're smart, and they do know the gender, they shouldn't tell a soul because they need to get the baby basics at the shower - not that I support 100 people giving them even more gifts, especially after these girls have had such huge weddings and wedding registries, AND (as far as we know) husbands don't work full time or have a real job.

Babies are expensive and I guess that's why it blows my mind that Jinger didn't take advantage of her newfound independence and freedom in Laredo by working part time, whether it was in photography as a freelance gig or even working at their beloved Starbucks to put some money aside. It would also have been beneficial in expanding her world view (I hope!) by working with all different types of people. She seems to be the least likely to start praying for someone, in front of them(!), if she realized she had a co-worker who was a member of the LGBTQ community or who might have committed any of the eleventy million "sins" that are meant to put the fear of God into her. As sheltered as she was growing up, simply having an eye for finding beauty in everything via her keen interest in photography would translate into being compassionate and accepting of those who are "different" from her. 

My friends & family who didn't find out nor revealed the baby's gender (even if the parents knew), really "scored" at their baby showers. They received the necessities and things they truly needed for the baby (tons of books, classic Fisher Price toys, playtime floor mat, breast pump tools/bag, stroller, video monitoring system and other things that people could buy as a group gift) instead of ending up with a closet full of clothes sized 0-3 months.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Absolom said:

If I recall, Jana was busy prepping meals while Jessa sat on the sofa holding Henry and talked.  That could be a major difference in who Jinger would want to visit.

Jessa seems to go out of her way to avoid cooking! Remember when she admitted it in a talking head and said they would often have yogurt for a meal? 

56 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Babies are expensive and I guess that's why it blows my mind that Jinger didn't take advantage of her newfound independence and freedom in Laredo by working part time, whether it was in photography as a freelance gig or even working at their beloved Starbucks to put some money aside. It would also have been beneficial in expanding her world view (I hope!) by working with all different types of people. She seems to be the least likely to start praying for someone, in front of them(!), if she realized she had a co-worker who was a member of the LGBTQ community or who might have committed any of the eleventy million "sins" that are meant to put the fear of God into her. As sheltered as she was growing up, simply having an eye for finding beauty in everything via her keen interest in photography would translate into being compassionate and accepting of those who are "different" from her. 

This is why I hate myself for watching the show. I hate that it glorifies their belief that women shouldn't work outside the home, which is not just patriarchal but also elitist. Gothardites who don't have a reality show can't afford the lifestyle they live. Being Duggars has turned them into low-key versions of the Kardashians -- famous for no reason and basking in the glow of their online fan club. It is beyond ridiculous that no adult daughter has ever had anything resembling a job. 

• Love 16

She would need to get permission from her Lord Ship Jeremy to work. He wants her to be by his side telling him how great he is 24/7. She has a job being meek and willing to do anything and everything Babe wants her to do. She does cling to him like he is her savior.

Have JinJer posted a picture of the fundie pose, Jeremy behind Jinger, craddlig her baby bump? If they haven’t that is some minute progress. Even though Jinger already participated in the look three of us are pregnant picture.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

True. Of course, her husband or her father-in-law or any member of her own family, if visiting, might rush in to do it in her stead!  lol

39 minutes ago, SMama said:

Have JinJer posted a picture of the fundie pose, Jeremy behind Jinger, craddlig her baby bump? 

I don't know. That photo might require them to forgo the JinJer requirement that she look at him adoringly in all pics while he stares off dramtically into the middle distance.....

Either forgo it or risk JIngle getting a tremendous crick in her neck trying to pull it off in that position. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Thanks!

Hubby and I were impatient and we found out the sex of our baby at 11-12 weeks via a blood test.

• Love 2

I think she's having a girl.   And I can't wait to see Jill, Jessa, and Anna's heads explode!!  Something about the post Anna had a few weeks back about having half of the Duggar grandbabies and the "only" girls....   I think it was her last "hurrah" as she will lose that crown very soon.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

She's said in the past that she likes to preach to random strangers who have the misfortune of sitting next to her on airplanes.

• Love 5

Michelle an excellent role model? She is an excellent role model of what not to be. Of course Jeremy wants the baby to be like Jinger. He wants her to think he walks on water and be sweet and meek in order to feed his ego.