Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Genevrier said:

If I may, I'd like to point you toward footsmart.com. They carry a range of very nice, dressy shoes that are actually orthopedic. They don't run cheap, usually, but they have a variety of brands so there's a range. They carry every kind of shoes, but the dress shoes in particular have saved me from having to enter Bea Arthur-land (thank heavens). 

ETA Apologies for going so far off topic. 

Footsmart is awesome.   Every time I see Mechelle in her Bea Arthurs I wonder if she's aware that there are attractive orthopedic shoes available. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Footsmart is awesome.   Every time I see Mechelle in her Bea Arthurs I wonder if she's aware that there are attractive orthopedic shoes available. 

She knows but if she wore nice looking shoes men would get divorced because they stared at her feet?

If you want to know where they live just go on the webb county texas website and you'll find out put in his name.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Abmis said:

The Walking Company is another good one as is Zappos under 'comfort shoes'.  Michelle doesn't realize there are attractive hair styles, expecting her to know anything about decent looking shoes is above and beyond.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

But if Michelle wore attractive shoes her martyrdom wouldn't show.

michelle-duggar-hair.jpg

I think wearing this top for years on end is the equivalent of Jesus' suffering on the cross. Perhaps moreso.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

michelle-duggar-hair.jpg

I think wearing this top for years on end is the equivalent of Jesus' suffering on the cross. Perhaps moreso.

We are all suffering on her puke-green cross.

• Love 23

So, when is Jessa gonna squirm her way into the new Vuolo house and set up her guest bedroom? 

I hope Jeremy enforces a new 6 month ban to set up their new home.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Jeremy is driving the changes, and/but that Jinger is an eager subscriber to the new independent normal.  Get your home situation in line before babies... what a refreshing un-Duggar-esque concept.

I agree, and I think that's the benefit of marrying someone who has actual life experience. No offense to Bin, but he's like the married/father version of my 22 year-old nephew who's life revolves around Taco Bell and X-Box. If the Seewalds didn't have Boob and TLC, they'd be so far up shit's creek, it isn't even funny. It seems like Jinger is learning it's okay to pace yourself in life. If she goes Fundie-lite, like Alyssa Bates, it'll be much better for her in the long run. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

...I think that's the benefit of marrying someone who has actual life experience. No offense to Bin, but he's like the married/father version of my 22 year-old nephew who's life revolves around Taco Bell and X-Box. If the Seewalds didn't have Boob and TLC, they'd be so far up shit's creek, it isn't even funny.

I think it's the opposite for the Dillards. If they didn't have Boob & TLC, Derick would still be at his job at Walmart and they would be buying their own home. They might still have had Samuel, but I think Derick would have been more insistent on prenatal care, since they would have had health insurance.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think it's the opposite for the Dillards. If they didn't have Boob & TLC, Derick would still be at his job at Walmart and they would be buying their own home. They might still have had Samuel, but I think Derick would have been more insistent on prenatal care, since they would have had health insurance.

Who needs health insurance when you have Jesus and God?

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

So, when is Jessa gonna squirm her way into the new Vuolo house and set up her guest bedroom? 

I hope Jeremy enforces a new 6 month ban to set up their new home.

I'd make it a year, or two, for any Duggar.  Especially Boob.

• Love 7

Ok so here is my .02.  

I'm waiting for the swarm of locusts to descend into Laredo. I'm not talking of the type that eat plants.  I'm speaking of the type that takes their thrift shop decor and jump right in like it's their house to decorate.  After the initial "Descend and Decorate"  Guerrilla home decor session, I envision something like that commercial for the storage unit place where the couple gets the call that mom and dad are on their way for a visit.  They scramble down to the storage place and dredge out all the awful decor and high tail it back just in time for the 'rents to arrive.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Ok so here is my .02.  

I'm waiting for the swarm of locusts to descend into Laredo. I'm not talking of the type that eat plants.  I'm speaking of the type that takes their thrift shop decor and jump right in like it's their house to decorate.  After the initial "Descend and Decorate"  Guerrilla home decor session, I envision something like that commercial for the storage unit place where the couple gets the call that mom and dad are on their way for a visit.  They scramble down to the storage place and dredge out all the awful decor and high tail it back just in time for the 'rents to arrive.  

JD already flew Benessa, a Howler (forget which one), Jenni Hartono, and a couple others down there in early June after Joy got married off. This coincides with the time they closed on the house. They met up in Waco before flying down to Laredo.

Next season, the show will feature the two couples meeting up in San Antonio. I assume that's earlier, since the timeline is stuck in the Wayback Machine, around early spring. The purpose was to meet Henry. I hope they explain why San Antonio? I guess the six month rule would have still been in effect, but why not go to the TTH? We know JinJer traveled with the entire family back in late March/early April, so it's not as if Jeremy was not allowing Jinger to see her family at all. Just not in Laredo, apparently, until they closed on the house. 

• Love 5
(edited)
56 minutes ago, toodles said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4377946/jinger-duggars-husband-jeremy-vuolo-shames-pastor-for-same-sex-marriage-support/

I saw this on Pickles' feed.  What a swell guy.

Consider the source and take it for what it's worth.

I'd say that's Jer's pretentious rhetoric to a tee. And don't forget that this is the guy who preaches an hour sermon about how your soul is at stake in the war against masturbation.... and regularly sermonizes on the importance of the war against Catholics. ..... ....

And, of course, this is common rhetoric in their milieu...I recently heard somebody I know rant about the terrifying softening of forces who should be forcibly arrayed for the continuing battle against gay marriage and about the potent resistance some of us heathens are putting up in the emerging and all-important "war against the trans community" that the righteous are carrying on. So Jer's all of a piece with his group. Next thing, he'll be joining Meeechelle in some robo calls. Or leading Spurge and Henry and a band of other small children in pamphlet distribution against gay marriage, like Pastor Caldwell. 

I don't think Jer's "ministry" has anything to do with his little congregation, either. He's pinning his hopes on his TeeVee Stah wife's coattails and his video sermons, I expect. 

I predict he'll ultimately be disappointed.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

My guess is that flight in early June down to Laredo was so that they Duggar guys could help move Jinger and Jeremy into their new house....Didn't Jinger say on the show last Monday that the 4th bedroom has other than boxes in it, it has 'old furniture that needs to be gone'? So, I think the Duggalos bought new furniture right away for their new house. I don't get it. I can't help but wonder what their true financial status IS. Jinger received a car from her brothers as a wedding gift, perhaps the new furniture is from Boob & Michelle? Hopefully, "Jess" will allow her sister the joy of decorating her own home herself. What else does Jinger do all day? She has the time to go shopping for NEW STUFF and enjoy picking out HER OWN kitchen curtains....I know I do.

• Love 3

So now we know why Jeremy let Jessa put his books in the closet. I bet they were planning on buying a new house soon anyway, so he just went along with the decorations for the sake of the TLC paycheck. Now, he will have plenty of room for his books!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Hopefully, "Jess" will allow her sister the joy of decorating her own home herself. What else does Jinger do all day? She has the time to go shopping for NEW STUFF and enjoy picking out HER OWN kitchen curtains....I know I do

These people like to think they aren't a TV family, yet how many people buy a new house and immediately fill the walls and entire house with furniture. Usually, the people I know, will slowly fill the home with things they find and love, not a bunch of cheap junk on the walls and complete sets of matching furniture in every room. BUT, tv people need that episode, so they go to some random furniture dealer and purchase everything to match right off the floor, and then put a shitload of pinterest crap all over the place for décor. 

With all the travelling Jinger has done with her family, plus their trip to Australia, I would expect her to have some very nice photos or original art to place around her house. Maybe find amazing frames while thrift shopping. Imagine a home with a dresser you love, maybe a carpet found at another shop while visiting Mexico or whatever. Nope, Jessa the designated designer for the B&B's apartment, has her own home stuffed with generic crap and their furniture is from whoever wants the advertising. 

agree @floridamom and I hope these dimwits don't pull the usual mediocre décor invasion episode for the new house. 

I'm wondering if they will be having a series of reno shows. They like to keep doing things until they 'kill' it. If Jessa, Jinger and Jill renovate they could get 3 seasons out of that. 

They are never leaving are they? 

• Love 11
On July 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM, floridamom said:

Obviously, I am a Roman Catholic and an Italian. After years in Catholic school and decades attending Mass, adult catechism classes, I have NEVER HEARD The Church criticize other Christian faiths or demean them. I would LOVE to have Mr. Jeremy Vuolo sit down with the Pope and tell him why he's not a Christian.

I'd pay to watch that.

Everyone here on this earth, Christian, non-Christian, Agnostic or Atheist is my brother/sister. We all share this life and we should be respectful of each others' beliefs. Jeremy does not respect mine. How is HE  Christian? What Would Jesus Do, Jeremy?

Beautiful statement, Floridamom.  I am also Roman Catholic, of the Irish extraction, twelve years parochial-school educated.  We were taught to respect and honor all.  We were taught that persons practicing other religions could go to Heaven just like we can if we live a good life.  It is heresy to believe anything else, and not honoring others beliefs is a sin.  We were taught not to judge.  There is one judge and He is perfect.

• Love 16

OMG just saw the first few minutes of the clip show. Forget everything I said above. Jinger thanked Jessa and Jana for helping them settle into their new house. They've most likely already filmed another invasion episode of tacky/boring decorating. How predictable are these cretins. 

• Love 8

As I noted before, several Duggars, Ben, and Jenni Hartono visitwd Laredo in early June, which coincides with what we know about when the house closed. I think Laura was either them as well. Pics of most of them on the banks of the Rio Grande are on either Jessa's or Jinger's Instagram. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, toodles said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4377946/jinger-duggars-husband-jeremy-vuolo-shames-pastor-for-same-sex-marriage-support/

I saw this on Pickles' feed.  What a swell guy.

Consider the source and take it for what it's worth.

I find JereME to be the most obnoxious.  We know their beliefs but JereME is so fucking bossy about it. Ben and Derick are just a tiny bit less obnoxious...JereME is so self impressed and cocky.  He cannot stay in his lane. He is one of those annoying know it alls that won't STFU about his opinions. 

I'm staying with Team Ben, even though he has a list of issues.  For me, Jeremy is so ANNOYING.  Nothing worse than a cocky know it all. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Reality tv. Instageam. Facebook. YouTube. Branding. You do it all, idiot. I hope he's happy preaching in that crackhouse church. It's all he will have in the end. Just because Jer is more liberal than JB doesn't mean he isn't an asshole, too.

I hope their next door neighbors are gay, and fuck with the lights on and windows open.

Oh, but he and the Duggars don't do worldly, their branding is a Christ-centered ministry. TOTALLY DIFFERENT! 

• Love 3

I wonder if they will hold 'church' in their house since it looks a lot bigger than the other church house. How do you buy a nice house and a crappy church anyway, isn't that sort of ass backwards? 

• Love 1
On 7/9/2017 at 1:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The shower was back in October, before the missioncation where they fell in wuv. They probably just had a nodding acquaintance at that point. 

I like to imagine they actually were having marathon make out sessions w/ heavy petting in the tube slide from the boys room.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:39 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Off to make a bumper sticker for my Zazzle store: Jesus is my health insurance™. That sucker is going to sell.

How about "Jesus is my PCP"?

10 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Sent you a Message ?

oh oh oh Me too!

• Love 3

I think by the time of the shower, Jeremy at least had made or was close to making a decision.  He thought enough of Jinger to go on a missioncation (that had to be booked well in advance) for the purpose of "getting to know her better" or I really think so he could make sure she felt like he did.  They like to pretty things up for the TV audience. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Please, oh please, send me a Message, too!

Sent

1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I like to imagine they actually were having marathon make out sessions w/ heavy petting in the tube slide from the boys room.

oh oh oh Me too!

Sent

11 hours ago, MamaMax said:

It took me a bit to realize you were referencing primary care physician, not angel dust. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

It took me a bit to realize you were referencing primary care physician, not angel dust. 

Ohhhhh  I wasn't thinking Primary Care Physician 

• Love 4

That crazy Jinger even said she was more comfortable being in or very near a hospital. Jeremy probably wants nothing to do with that homebirth nonsense. I hope he's gotten her a full gyno checkup because - it's normal!

I don't care if she takes his lead, at least she used to give hints in the earlier days of being different than the others. Didn't she say at one point that she was losing her religion (shoutout REM), and credited Jessa for getting her back to the lord (thanks a lot, Jessa)? 

A hospital birth will also keep the Duggar herd away. I can see Boob getting the whole family (marrieds included) in the stink bus. All he needs to know is there is a contraction, and off the vermin go. 

• Love 7