Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

MacArthur is pretty anti-vax, isn't he? I think it would be pretty hard for Jeremy -- whose whole life (and livelihood) is about sucking up to MacArthur -- to go ahead and get vaccinated. They might have to go back to pretending they're going to have a cooking blog.

No, he's actually pro-vac. He's against masks and social distancing and anybody who tells churches what to do in the name of public health. 

But he's spoken positively of vaccination all along. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

MacArthur is pretty anti-vax, isn't he? I think it would be pretty hard for Jeremy -- whose whole life (and livelihood) is about sucking up to MacArthur -- to go ahead and get vaccinated. They might have to go back to pretending they're going to have a cooking blog.

MacArthur is fine with vaccines. It is masks and social distancing and crowd limits indoors that he dislikes; most likely because they would limit the numbers at his weekly services and lead to less $$$ in the collection plate for him.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know why I even do this to myself but Homie McFlyPants' latest IG story shows him in a skybox at the Dodger's wildcard win.  As a huge baseball fan, it's not small change to travel to see my team, buy two or three tickets and get some food and drinks, which is why I am happy to be able to go once or twice a year (except during pandemics).  And here's a semi? un? employed smarmy poser in a luxury sky box and not only that, he was only a few feet away from the general manager of the Cardinals so he wasn't sitting in some crappy area.  He had prime seating for what had to be a crazy expensive ticket.  That just.........isn't fair.

(also my forever baseball crush pitches for the Dodgers so it makes me extra salty with extra salt on top).

I hear you. I think it makes us stabby because it's so undeserved. I know the world isn't fair, but to see a poser like Jeremy getting all these perks while giving nothing in return just grates. 

• Love 24
55 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I figure McArthur’s church/seminary has bought the stadium box, which also bugs me - because what does that have to do with Christian ministry?

Well, TPTB at the MacArthur institutions may have an odd view of things. In an article I posted awhile ago that commented on the climate at that church in recent years, there was a quote from some document that described the community-service/charitable actions/contributions MacArthur's church has made in the past year. 

And it was a very weird list. There wasn't much on it, in the first place. And that included some tings I've ever heard of a church doing.

One item was that they had donated orchid plants to several LA County police precincts.....A WTF moment in charitable giving if I ever heard one. 

Has anyone at a police precinct, ever, said, "Boy, you know what we really need around here? Orchids!" 

All I can figure is that at a giving-committee meeting, church members were talking about who'd they'd like to do something nice for, and a group of people favored doing something nice for the local cops.

But it turned out nobody wanted to actually spend a lot of money or effort on this.......And then a florist in the congregation mentioned that he had a bunch of orchid plants in his inventory that he couldn't move. And offered to donate them to the cause......So -- the police precincts got orchids. 

Even that story makes no sense. But it's all I can come up with. 

My guess is that the stadium box has a similar origin and history, just as emblematic of self-centeredness and overall dysfunction and poor comprehension of anything I'd call either charity or Christianity. (but in this case probably a lot to do with sucking up to wealthy donors....)

MMV, of course. 😁

The nuttiness and tone-deafness of these things does suggest to me that Jer may have found exactly the right place for himself, after all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know why I even do this to myself but Homie McFlyPants' latest IG story shows him in a skybox at the Dodger's wildcard win.  As a huge baseball fan, it's not small change to travel to see my team, buy two or three tickets and get some food and drinks, which is why I am happy to be able to go once or twice a year (except during pandemics).  And here's a semi? un? employed smarmy poser in a luxury sky box and not only that, he was only a few feet away from the general manager of the Cardinals so he wasn't sitting in some crappy area.  He had prime seating for what had to be a crazy expensive ticket.  That just.........isn't fair.

(also my forever baseball crush pitches for the Dodgers so it makes me extra salty with extra salt on top).

And the hashtag best dodger fans ever…RFP and Jinger Vuolo!  My family has bled Dodger Blue since Brooklyn, and Jing?  😤

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sheshark said:

And the hashtag best dodger fans ever…RFP and Jinger Vuolo!  My family has bled Dodger Blue since Brooklyn, and Jing?  😤

Well, isn't Miracle Josie's middle name Brooklyn?  Surely that counts!

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I was confused by Jerm’s IG story because he was shaking his head seemingly disappointedly as he scanned the cheering Dodger fans. He even had a scowl. Which team was he rooting for?

He was close to the Cardinal’s manager or owner. He wrote maybe next year Mr. X (can’t recall the name), then made that face and shook his head. He’s pretending to be a Dodgers fan.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

He was close to the Cardinal’s manager or owner. He wrote maybe next year Mr. X (can’t recall the name), then made that face and shook his head. He’s pretending to be a Dodgers fan.

His demeanor didn’t strike me as someone who was happy the Dodgers just won, even though I know he’s been wearing the LA hats for months. It just came across weird - to me. Ultimately I think he just wanted to show off how close he was to the cardinals’ owner/bigwig. 

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This is why I get so ragey with him.  My husband and I both work full-time jobs, have a mortgage, pay bills, we save carefully for travel - and this guy gets box seats, eats out twice a day, and seemingly has a closet crammed full of shiny new kicks.  I do not understand. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's run up some hefty credit card bills. I agree with your assessment that he doesn't seem to be great pastor material. Not sure where his brilliant career will take him next. Maybe JB will have an opening for someone to manage a used car lot . . . 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I know you said it in jest, but can you really see Jeremy at that little tin shack on a 2-bit car lot on a dirt driveway in NWA?

I think he'd be fantastic at it.  A suckup tryhard is just who one wants selling used cars from a dirt lot in semi-rural Arkansas.  I'm sure he'd view it as below his dignity, but he'd likely be more successful at that than at preaching (or being an "influencer").

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, OpieTaylor said:

I figure McArthur’s church/seminary has bought the stadium box, which also bugs me - because what does that have to do with Christian ministry?

Maybe they’re handing out Smiley Face tracts while they’re there?

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I know you said it in jest, but can you really see Jeremy at that little tin shack on a 2-bit car lot on a dirt driveway in NWA?

I would probably pay money to see just that.  There are very few people in this world that I root for to fall flat on their face, but Jeremy is one of them.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

I think he'd be fantastic at it.  A suckup tryhard is just who one wants selling used cars from a dirt lot in semi-rural Arkansas.  I'm sure he'd view it as below his dignity, but he'd likely be more successful at that than at preaching (or being an "influencer").

They're not in semi-rural Arkansas, but I don't see Jeremy going over very well if they were. Rubbing in your fancy sneakers and gourmet burgers with the local rednecks just would make him seem like the world's most frivolous carpet bagger and seems like a really great way to get the shit beat out of you. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And Jinger can get in on it as well. Wasn’t she once a car flipper? 🤣

you mean the TLC fakery where she went to the car auction with her brothers and they had to bid for her because she was a female???

but yes a whole new show of fakery of Jing at auctions buying used cars and Jer trying to sell them from to toll booth car lot might be entertaining.

easier would be them selling maps on a street corner in L.A. for homes of the celebs. Probably not even a thing anymore since everything is on phones. but just the idea of it made me laugh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, satrunrose said:

"Oh, yeah, dude. All of my homies back in LA are driving this. Did I mention there's a complimentary Hope we Hold candle, hat and fountain pen set if you buy today?"

Jeremy Vuolo, somewhere in NW Arkansas, 2023.

-Sitting in the car lot toll booth, masturbating to pictures of....himself.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 21
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I guess Jinge did go to the ballgame a few days ago. I thought it was a dudebro outing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU3iK7up2VC/?utm_medium=copy_link

Bet she can't even name a single Dodgers player, let alone understand the game.

Posers.  Both of them.  Can't wait to see Jeremy in a skybox for the World Series, because he'll just become a diehard fan of whoever gives him a free ticket and a food voucher.

• Love 19

I wonder what Jinger thinks of their financial situation. Does she have any knowledge of it whatsoever or does Jeremy have complete control? In her heart of hearts is she worried he is blowing all their money? Is she excited about the leases Lexus and feel smug at how successful they are, or is she embarrassed and wish he had chosen something cheaper?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I wonder what Jinger thinks of their financial situation. Does she have any knowledge of it whatsoever or does Jeremy have complete control? In her heart of hearts is she worried he is blowing all their money? Is she excited about the leases Lexus and feel smug at how successful they are, or is she embarrassed and wish he had chosen something cheaper?

I think she's both clueless and smug. She probably assumes RFP has everything under control, and she can flex her Jordan's and Lexus with a clear conscience. 

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think she's both clueless and smug. She probably assumes RFP has everything under control, and she can flex her Jordan's and Lexus with a clear conscience. 

Interesting, though - she grew up wearing clothes from a communal closet and eating tater tot casserole.  Is it possible that she understands that getting to wear a new pair of shoes every week, endless shopping and eating out, and sitting in a sky box are not what most people do? 

I wonder how she just blindly follows his lead on everything.  I get that she's used to it and knows no different but she's like the Fresh Fundie of Beverly Hills, going from an overflowing house to living the posh life on someone else's dime.  If she were living in a mold house and popping out babies like a Pez dispenser I could see her being clueless, but Jeremy has her living a completely different life than the one she grew up in.  Does she even have the mental capacity to question it?

• Love 17

Thinking about money is left up to the man as the headship. Little ladies don’t need to worry their silly heads about it. But if they want to shill crap on social media for a tiny bit of money, that would be okay, as long as they remember who is boss.

Edited by MargeGunderson
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And he's not just in a class. He's in a freaking seminary class, studying to be a pastor. Yet he doesn't even pretend that he's not the most superficial, materialistic, thoughtless, unstudious, unserious ass on the planet.  

He has zero concept of what that career he's supposedly studying for should mean. 

Nauseating. Not to mention idiotic. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20