Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

In her defense, it’s only her second one, and she’s almost halfway through her pregnancy. It’s her first baby, and she’s grown up with social media. It seems pretty normal. 

Pretty sure it's her third.  Normal or not, it's unnecessary. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

In her defense, it’s only her second one, and she’s almost halfway through her pregnancy. It’s her first baby, and she’s grown up with social media. It seems pretty normal.

I apologize that my implication of "another" was read to mean multiple. It was not intended that way. An update every few weeks is fine with me, unlike the barrage we got from Jilly Muffin when she was knocked up with Izzy. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Meh...at that age much of what's "normal" can seem necessary...and it's not as though they have much in the way of other outlets to help them feel as though they are part of "normalcy". I say give her this one.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, Temperance said:

1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Meh...at that age much of what's "normal" can seem necessary...and it's not as though they have much in the way of other outlets to help them feel as though they are part of "normalcy". I say give her this one.

She's a Duggar. That's what Duggars do: procreate. That's why they get those nice checks for being on TLC. Her show is called "Counting On," and it's babies they are counting, not Instagram posts. Babies bring the ratings.

Jinger's already way behind the curve, having failed to get impregnated on her honeymoon, i.e., not providing material for new episodes.

So, IMO it's not at all unnecessary that Jinger shills her pregnancy on social media. It's her job. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

She's a Duggar. That's what Duggars do: procreate. That's why they get those nice checks for being on TLC. Her show is called "Counting On," and it's babies they are counting, not Instagram posts. Babies bring the ratings.

Jinger's already way behind the curve, having failed to get impregnated on her honeymoon, i.e., not providing material for new episodes.

So, IMO it's not at all unnecessary that Jinger shills her pregnancy on social media. It's her job. 

Well, yeah,,,,exactly. Not sure whether you meant this in an ongoing symphony of Duggar failings, but I can't see it less than an attempt to fit in to a "norm" which is almost completely forbidden to them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She’s glowing and radiant.

Of course she is, this is all she's ever wanted out of life.

As much as it's inconceivable to me that a young woman in 2018 could want nothing more out of life than to be a Jesus-loving, baby-making machine, it's inconceivable to her to want anything else.

As much as I wanted to believe that she was enjoying her life as a newlywed, finally free from the TTH and all its restrictions, she was just counting down the days until Jeremy said "okay" to baby-making time. If Jeremy is the controlling asshole that people think, he may at least insist on some sort of family planning, and a reasonable family size, but that's all that prevents Jinger from entering the baby-making derby with her sisters.

I read an article recently about the detrimental effect that having children has on a marriage -- even a strong, well-established relationship. I think, though, that even if the Duggar daughters knew that having babies would harm their marital relationships, they wouldn't care at all. In the end, these guys are just sperm donors in the great baby-making derby. All of those "best hubby in the world" posts are just supposed to placate these rubes, and keep the sperm flowing.

God, I hate these people.

• Love 16

So...I hadn’t heard about Jinger being pregnant. Sigh.

Just once I’d like to see one of these brainwashed girls (they’re not women except biologically) get excited about something, ANYTHING other than pregnancy, birth, their headship, church or food. Maybe get caught up in a good secular book. Hell, a good MOVIE. Nature. Learning something. Going somewhere new...alone. Having a fucking original THOUGHT.

They’re identa-bots and it makes me sad.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

As much as it's inconceivable to me that a young woman in 2018 could want nothing more out of life than to be a Jesus-loving, baby-making machine, it's inconceivable to her to want anything else.

As much as I wanted to believe that she was enjoying her life as a newlywed, finally free from the TTH and all its restrictions, she was just counting down the days until Jeremy said "okay" to baby-making time. If Jeremy is the controlling asshole that people think, he may at least insist on some sort of family planning, and a reasonable family size, but that's all that prevents Jinger from entering the baby-making derby with her sisters.

I read an article recently about the detrimental effect that having children has on a marriage -- even a strong, well-established relationship. I think, though, that even if the Duggar daughters knew that having babies would harm their marital relationships, they wouldn't care at all. In the end, these guys are just sperm donors in the great baby-making derby. All of those "best hubby in the world" posts are just supposed to placate these rubes, and keep the sperm flowing.

I remembered studying about this in my Development Psychology class. Couples who had children have more stress in their relationship than couples who do not have children. Of course I am not saying married couples with kids will end up divorcing. I also remember the relationship the parents have, the support the father gives the mother before, during and after pregnancy is very important, plus the more happier the relationship before, during, and after pregnancy is also important for the mental and physical health of the mother and baby. Now take a look at a few Duggar marriages aka Josh/Anna and Derick/Jill, and we can be seeing a lot of stress between the couples, and the sad fact is the children suffer once again for the mistakes made right and left by the parents.

I think if you look closely, marriages are stressful in and of themselves but usually the stressors are hardly noticeable. Most stressors are worth it and don't always break up a marriage. Moving, purchasing a house, new jobs, in-laws and children all bring stress with them, to individuals and married couples.

Personally I think marriage is a crapshoot and some work out and some don't. Certainly knowing each other first, having some maturity and putting off major changes for a while can increase the odds of a lasting marriage, but even when done the 'right way' there's no guarantee. 

With that said, for most the reality of having children is vastly different then wanting them. I believe Jeremy is going to have the hardest time adjusting to the responsibilities of a child out of all the SILs. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I'd like to know if she bought that blackboard especially to 'track' V1. If so, it's a strange thing to do, IMO, if Jeremy doesn't intend to have a classroom full of kids.

It would be lovely for a play room.

8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know; I think Jinge has made enough comments and telling facial expressions over the years to indicate that MAYBE she doesn't desire eleventy kids.  She seems to be living the most modern, mainstream life of her family to date.

Also, as much as I loathe Jeremy's anti-Catholic agenda and his politics in general, I do think he is probably the ONLY Duggar husband who has anything going on in the bedroom department.  And the only one who perhaps thinks that his wife is a separate entity with her own feelings, wants and needs.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

It would be lovely for a play room.

I don't know; I think Jinge has made enough comments and telling facial expressions over the years to indicate that MAYBE she doesn't desire eleventy kids.  She seems to be living the most modern, mainstream life of her family to date.

Also, as much as I loathe Jeremy's anti-Catholic agenda and his politics in general, I do think he is probably the ONLY Duggar husband who has anything going on in the bedroom department.  And the only one who perhaps thinks that his wife is a separate entity with her own feelings, wants and needs.

As long as she is willing to let him run the show his way, and she stays adoring and meek, he is fine. I would like to see what happens when the baby arrives, because the attention will go off of him and mainly will go to the baby. I do not think Jana is going to move in with them to take care of the baby. And speaking of the bedroom department...I remember reading a book where the guy who had some experience saying some men like to marry a virgin because he can teach her what he likes. I can picture Jeremy being like this. Now if someone will be kind enough to hand over the extra duty strength brain bleach please.

44 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

What's next in the Fruit of the Womb photo gallery?  A grapefruit?  Then a cantaloupe?  Honeydew?

Fruit of the Womb, I love that expression!  I can't wait to use it on Mr. Xword.  Key to Marriage happiness #101:  Make each other laugh!  It's so much fun.

I agree with those that think Jeremy is not going to like Jin's attention divided.  Ma Kettle will have to sit Jin down and give her a refresher course in being joyfully available to her headship.  Will Jin be more hands-on mama, since she doesn't have the TTH nearby to dump her kid(s)?  Maybe she'll use a church member?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She’s glowing and radiant.

It does help she seems to have ditched the racoon eyes.

12 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm with you. Pictures are OK, but I wouldn't splash them all over social media. 

44 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

What's next in the Fruit of the Womb photo gallery?  A grapefruit?  Then a cantaloupe?  Honeydew?

I've also heard couples use walnuts to describe size of fetus. 

I remember reading about the comparison things when i was pregnant many moons ago.  But i didnt feel it was necessary to share it with everyone.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, yeah,,,,exactly. Not sure whether you meant this in an ongoing symphony of Duggar failings, but I can't see it less than an attempt to fit in to a "norm" which is almost completely forbidden to them.

I'm not sure I understand your response. I wasn't trying to list "failings," just stating a few basic facts as I see them.

Here at PTV we've discussed and opined on all of it in great detail. I think we sometimes forget that to the general public, Duggars simply mean a freaky big family, and the Duggar kidults have, with the exception of Jinger, been turning up pregnant and pumping out babies quite soon after each of their weddings, which if they keep up that pace will give each of them freakishly big families of their own*.

TLC's show title "Counting On," carries over from the original series, "X Kids and Counting." Couldn't be clearer that babies are what they're counting. And thus the job of every Duggar kidult is to marry and procreate like a bunny. Obviously JD's a big failure, and Jana too although she's so nice and so useful around the TTH that she gets a pass.

But Jinger's stepped up and is now doing her job for TLC by being pregnant. The chalkboard SM post is age-consistent for her, and also helps with the TLC fanbase. 

*NOTE: J&A only slowed their roll when Joshgate hit; I doubt Anna's lost her babylust despite all their problems. Jill's off the show, apparently thanks to her idiot husband. If she's suffered problems due to Samuel's birth that would keep her from getting pregnant again soon, or ever, then dropping off the show isn't a bad thing. At least she won't be on TV being asked by her sisters and SILs if she's pregnant again, or having to smile bravely congratulating them on their incessant pregnancies and new babies. I'm actually sorry for Jill if she really won't be able to have umpteen babies, because she seemed to be such a big Kool-aid drinker and that would be really awful for her. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not sure I understand your response. I wasn't trying to list "failings," just stating a few basic facts as I see them.

Here at PTV we've discussed and opined on all of it in great detail. I think we sometimes forget that to the general public, Duggars simply mean a freaky big family, and the Duggar kidults have, with the exception of Jinger, been turning up pregnant and pumping out babies quite soon after each of their weddings, which if they keep up that pace will give each of them freakishly big families of their own*.

TLC's show title "Counting On," carries over from the original series, "X Kids and Counting." Couldn't be clearer that babies are what they're counting. And thus the job of every Duggar kidult is to marry and procreate like a bunny. Obviously JD's a big failure, and Jana too although she's so nice and so useful around the TTH that she gets a pass.

But Jinger's stepped up and is now doing her job for TLC by being pregnant. The chalkboard SM post is age-consistent for her, and also helps with the TLC fanbase. 

*NOTE: J&A only slowed their roll when Joshgate hit; I doubt Anna's lost her babylust despite all their problems. Jill's off the show, apparently thanks to her idiot husband. If she's suffered problems due to Samuel's birth that would keep her from getting pregnant again soon, or ever, then dropping off the show isn't a bad thing. At least she won't be on TV being asked by her sisters and SILs if she's pregnant again, or having to smile bravely congratulating them on their incessant pregnancies and new babies. I'm actually sorry for Jill if she really won't be able to have umpteen babies, because she seemed to be such a big Kool-aid drinker and that would be really awful for her. 

I worded that poorly (was almost falling asleep last night by the time I wrote that)....I didn't mean that you had been listing a litany of all their faults, but that this forum in general has a tendency to get like that sometimes. I'm all for snark, but there are definitely times where it seems as though a lot of people assign faults to the Duggars and roundly criticize things which they might completely overlook if it were someone else.

And in this particular case I meant that there is very little in their lives in which they get to feel as though they "fit in" with society. And, yes, they do use that as a misguided bragging point, but these kids have grown up being given no choice in the matter, and as much as they may believe on one level that it sets them "above" most people, there's still got to be a part of them which yearns, sometimes, to do things which "everyone else" gets to do...and given how many things are forbidden to them, I can understand how they'd want to run with anything that was actually open.

• Love 15
Just now, Mollie said:

Well then, stick around for week 20 when the same website compares the baby's size to a banana.

You're blowing my mind, Mollie!  How can we go from graduated-in-size round things to something long and skinny?  That's just crazy talk!

• Love 12

She's done at least 3. She did the first at 8 weeks. No one in my circle of aquaintance does these and I have plenty of pregnant friends. If one of my friends did a chalkboard update online, I'd most likely stop following her on social media and snark elsewhere. 

I don't always hate their clothes or the food they're eating, even while other people snark. A lot of that stuff seems pretty normal to me, but I can understand people wanting to snark on it.  I understand that she is a Duggar and on TLC and both TLC and the Duggars and basically all reality tv uses babies as part of the reason to watch.  None of this prevents me from snarking on it. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

So...does everyone use the same fruit and vegetables for these comparisons?  I'm an old geezer who doesn't do Instagram or Snapchat (my grands do though) so I only see what's posted here.

But I would like to think if I was doing this back in the day (by cracky) when I was pregnant (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I'd want to come up with a different thing to draw for each update than everyone else is using.

Surely (and don't call me Shirley) people get tried of seeing all those babies compared to apples, bell peppers, etc. Why not change it up a bit and use kumquats or pomegranates or something to be different?

Now get off of my lawn.

Nope, different apps, different food comparisons.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

She's done at least 3. She did the first at 8 weeks. No one in my circle of aquaintance does these and I have plenty of pregnant friends. If one of my friends did a chalkboard update online, I'd most likely stop following her on social media and snark elsewhere. 

I don't always hate their clothes or the food they're eating, even while other people snark. A lot of that stuff seems pretty normal to me, but I can understand people wanting to snark on it.  I understand that she is a Duggar and on TLC and both TLC and the Duggars and basically all reality tv uses babies as part of the reason to watch.  None of this prevents me from snarking on it. 

Jinger didn't announce until about 12 weeks. Kendra was the one who announced before the end of her first trimester. And she's not even on social media, so we haven't seen any bananas or kumquats or canteloupes from her. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger didn't announce until about 12 weeks. Kendra was the one who announced before the end of her first trimester. And she's not even on social media, so we haven't seen any bananas or kumquats or canteloupes from her. 

Well that's no nevermind because at the end she will give birth to a mini watermelon or a small pumpkin.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, zoomama said:

none of you commented but did any of you notice that its a blue paci in the mouth of the tiny baby  picture?

I did not notice that. I wonder if it was on purpose or it was the first baby to pop up. It also matches the Blue she used to write 'Baby' in. 

Not sure what filter this is, but Jeremy looks creepy. Jin's outfit is cute. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWxJehAg_P/

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 2

That's Jeremy?  It doesn't look anything like him.  And he does indeed look creepy.  He reminds me of a sleazebag slimy politician of some sort who'll shake your hand and then pick your pocket.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Fosca said:

That's Jeremy?  It doesn't look anything like him.  And he does indeed look creepy.  He reminds me of a sleazebag slimy politician of some sort who'll shake your hand and then pick your pocket.

I like this post for all the right reasons! He looks old enough to be her father without the beard. Wait a minute...

I'm not all that bothered with the chalkboard updates. I've seen way more obnoxious "look I'm pregnant" posts from friends. When she starts taking selfies in the bathroom mirror like Jessa every week and wearing tight t-shirts(I know she's worn 2 t-shirt type shirts in the chalkboard pictures, but she isn't too far along yet and they aren't too tight), then I might get annoyed..lol I think she looks absolutely fabulous! The most recent picture of her and beardless Jer, I think she looks pretty damn stylish for a fundie. As @Sew Sumi said, she's pretty much wearing hooker heals in that pic! Lol! If we get a picture of her waiting at an actual doctor's office for an appointment, I'll let any fruit/vegetable update post slide...

Edited by Madtown
Because I didn't learn grammar from the Duggars
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

none of you commented but did any of you notice that its a blue paci in the mouth of the tiny baby  picture?

It's pink on my screen...

(I almost went nuts looking for the tiny baby pic, btw)

Screenshot_20180218-195018.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
Added pic..lol
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

You mean the baby emoji following the caption "update on baby Vuolo"? If yes, there's no pacifier on my version. (I have an iPhone.)

• Love 10