Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, he might be, but I'd like to think that she can figure out something for herself, now she's out from under the TTH, wouldn't you? If she depends on him to learn that Duggar makeup is ridiculous I may have to despair of her entirely. 

I'm thinking maybe she actually has a mirror to herself now so she can see what the raccoon makeup actually looks like. I don't know what the TTH mirror situation is, but I doubt that it's good. 

I am thinking she has the freedom to watch TV, look at magazines, and all the normal stuff that wasn't allowed at her parents house and it has improved her look.  Jeremy also has shown fashion matters to him so that has to rub off.  

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

You sleep like an angel; I sleep like a large animal that snores and drools. And that’s the difference between me and you.’

The other difference is that you don’t keep a hard cover book at hand at all times, ready to be displayed prominently in case your picture is taken. Even in your sleep. But keep watching me, Babe-you too can learn to be a social media intellectual poser. Or really, just keep watching me anyway; that’s what you’re here for. ?

And the other difference is that you don't poorly fake sleep with a death grip on said book.

In some ways, I hate him more than Derick.

• Love 22

Asleep on the plane?  Really?  So fake.  Who was taking the picture, one of the flight attendants?  And Jill, I see that the infinity scarf is finally going out of style, as is the slouch hat.  Please lose it.

(It's just my opinion, but I have hated the infinity scarf, the slouch hat, the scruffy billy goat beard, and a few other things that have been en vogue for far too long.  I know I'm old.  Get off my lawn and all that.)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am thinking she has the freedom to watch TV, look at magazines, and all the normal stuff that wasn't allowed at her parents house and it has improved her look.  Jeremy also has shown fashion matters to him so that has to rub off.  

I've always said Jinger would have married Satan himself had it gotten her off the compound. I've started to wonder if Jinger loves Jeremy because she loves Jeremy or if Jinger loves Jeremy because marrying him was her ticket to getting away.

• Love 7
On 10/24/2017 at 6:36 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting. 

Jeremy "picks up" a lot of books, but does he actually "read" them?  

On 10/25/2017 at 1:35 PM, Absolom said:

Jeremy said that they have children in the five year plan.  He basically outright said they weren't in the one year week plan.

Fixed. :)

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How do we know he's talking to Jinger? 

Y'all, he's looking straight at us.  He's talking to us!  He lurrrrrrrrrrves us!!  Quick, where's the nearest Hobby Lobby so I can get to working on my Michigan to Texas string art??

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Asleep on the plane?  Really?  So fake.  Who was taking the picture, one of the flight attendants?  And Jill, I see that the infinity scarf is finally going out of style, as is the slouch hat.  Please lose it.

Seriously, how does that work?  Give your phone to a busy flight attendant and tell her, "we're going to pretend to be asleep, will you take our picture?"  

And LOLZ to the poster who pointed out the fact that a person who is so deeply asleep generally doesn't have a grip on a book.  Nice try, Fakey McFakerson.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger and JereMe visiting the Vuolos. Who is taking those pictures?

I get what people aware saying about Jeremy and his obvious self-aggrandizement, but I think the plane post is kind of  cute. I have an almost identical picture of me, Mr. Mynextmistake and Mini mynextmistake all snoozing on the way out to visit my in-laws. I *am* holding a book, Mr is holding Mini, and we are all dead-to-the-world asleep. No idea who took this pic (maybe they had someone traveling with them?), and it absolutely could be staged, but I find it inoffensive.

And the dinner pic? Of them in an actual restaurant, eating a normal meal with Jeremy's normal-looking family? Jinger with mirrored aviators and a blouse that isn't buttoned all the way to the top, Jeremy's mom in a shirt exposing her clavicle, everyone smiling and looking happy? No "buy one, get one free" coupon or drippy sundae in sight? What's wrong with that?

ETA: Look at Jinger's left eye in the plane pic. Is that a sty, the beginning/end of a shiner, or just bad lighting? If she had something wrong with her eye, that could explain choosing the "adoring wife" pic to post the other day, as it obscures her left eye from the camera.

Edited by mynextmistake
I just noticed the eye.
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger and JereMe visiting the Vuolos. Who is taking those pictures?

One of their adoring fans?  Oh, sorry, two different pics, so two of their leg-humping fans.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

And the other difference is that you don't poorly fake sleep with a death grip on said book.

In some ways, I hate him more than Derick.

Mister Poseur at his finest.  He really is insufferable.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

And the dinner pic? Of them in an actual restaurant, eating a normal meal with Jeremy's normal-looking family? Jinger with mirrored aviators and a blouse that isn't buttoned all the way to the top, Jeremy's mom in a shirt exposing her clavicle, everyone smiling and looking happy? No "buy one, get one free" coupon or drippy sundae in sight? What's wrong with that?

Yeah.  At least they're eating real food, not some fried-egg "omelet" that's been bunged in a plastic bag and toted who knows how long to be reheated in a microwave somewhere else.  Jinger isn't cowering in some corner crying her eyes out because a rod fell in the bathroom, so I'm okay with her chosen life for now.  Especially as she's been married for a while and is not popping out yearly blessings.  Yeah, I'm good with her marriage, compared to her sisters'.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

I think I could sleep like an angel in first-class, too!

This! I was wondering what those curtains are behind the Babes' seats.  I just asked my flight-attendant-daughter to tell me what's going on there, and she said it looks like the curtain that separates first class, and during take-off and landing the curtain has to be "stowed" (meaning opened and secured).  So this photo was likely taken during take-off or landing - it's hard to believe they could both be sound asleep during either of those times, with all the announcements, activity, etc.  I will admit that I've struggled to stay awake during take-off at times, because I'm so tired from my trip.

Not only do these people on modest pastor salaries have time and $$ to travel often, they fly first class!  Oh yeah - tv stars.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

This! I was wondering what those curtains are behind the Babes' seats.  I just asked my flight-attendant-daughter to tell me what's going on there, and she said it looks like the curtain that separates first class, and during take-off and landing the curtain has to be "stowed" (meaning opened and secured).  So this photo was likely taken during take-off or landing - it's hard to believe they could both be sound asleep during either of those times, with all the announcements, activity, etc.  I will admit that I've struggled to stay awake during take-off at times, because I'm so tired from my trip.

Not only do these people on modest pastor salaries have time and $$ to travel often, they fly first class!  Oh yeah - tv stars.

I've been on some flights where they don't close them, like if it's a really short flight. 

but i'm willing to bet he's at least staged.  

and i don't know how anyone can sleep on a plane! I once took a red-eye flight back from vegas because I thought I would be able to sleep from being so tired.  2-3 hour flight. NO SLEEP and super duper uncomfortable.  That plan failed horribly lol

• Love 3

I don’t think America allows the partitions and fully opaque curtains on it’s airlines anymore for security-ish reasons. That curtain behind them has a semi opaque panel. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Yeah, I'm good with her marriage, compared to her sisters'.

Hell, I'm good with her marriage compared to my daughters'. I'd rather deal with a judgmental rightwing preacher-wanna-be who, by all appearances, treats his wife in a respectful manner, than the jerks they did marry. Actually, Ben & Derrick are better husbands than my sons-in-law.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, sheshark said:

I am very very fortunate to have travelled first/business a few times and in my sleep there I still look like a swamp thing that's been tossed on the shore to die. I think I scare the flight attendants.

Jeremy's sentiment is cute, but it's still got that aura of self-absorption that accompanies all of his posts. But I think Jinger knows how to play up to him perfectly to get what she wants.

• Love 7

I'm sure it's staged; that just made me roll my eyes. But ya know what REALLY pisses me off? The fact that the book is LARGE. Who the heck brings a large book on a flight these days? You need the space in your carryon bag for ALL YOUR STUFF - because otherwise you have to pay extra for luggage. I don't travel very often, but when I do, I always lament that I can't bring reading material with me anymore. Maybe someday I'll get a tablet...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I'm sure it's staged; that just made me roll my eyes. But ya know what REALLY pisses me off? The fact that the book is LARGE. Who the heck brings a large book on a flight these days? You need the space in your carryon bag for ALL YOUR STUFF - because otherwise you have to pay extra for luggage. I don't travel very often, but when I do, I always lament that I can't bring reading material with me anymore. Maybe someday I'll get a tablet...

My Kindle is my go-to reading device.  I love real books & have way too many, but since I read in bed, the Kindle is lightweight, and I can make the type bigger since I don't wear my glasses in bed.  It's great.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I've started to wonder if Jinger loves Jeremy because she loves Jeremy or if Jinger loves Jeremy because marrying him was her ticket to getting away.

I believe Jinger loves her husband, unconditionally.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I couldn't survive without my Kindle. I don't have room for any more hardcopy books in my place, so it's a necessity for me. 

Me too. I'm traveling tomorrow and I downloaded four books from the library.  That should get me through 10 days.  Kindles and Nooks are great for reading in the dark--can't live without it anymore!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Fixed. :)

It doesn't need to be fixed.  If they don't announce within the next few days, they'll have made it a year of marriage without a pregnancy announcement.  :)  They have definitely made it a year without a "blessing."

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

It doesn't need to be fixed.  If they don't announce within the next few days, they'll have made it a year of marriage without a pregnancy announcement.  :)  They have definitely made it a year without a "blessing."

And THAT in itself is a blessing.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think all the Duggar sons-in-law are pretty into themselves...especially since their religion tells them they're the headships and so speshul leaders of their families/wives because of their speshul man parts.  As far as the Duggars sons-in-law go, I'll take Jeremy any day...because women in pants, no babies, and far away from JB....  Jinger has won here.....even if none of the prizes in the husband department were great for the Duggar girls, she still got the "best" of the lot so far. 

A sad, very sad statement when Jeremy is the best of the sons-in-law bunch.

Are we sure that Jinger's hair is naturally curly? If so, why did she perm it earlier? I can't imagine having hair that long and having to straighten it with a flat iron EVERY DAY? No wonder she cut down on the make up....no time to do both. I doubt Jeremy has that much time to wait for her to go anywhere. I hope he convinces her to lop off a few feet of that hair, too. She'd look so much better with an above the shoulder 'bobbed' look..it'll add lots of volume and be less time to do up.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Tacos are delicious. I could eat them for every meal.

Me too.  

8 hours ago, cdp73 said:

If Jinger would get the front/top of her hair layered like her mother-in-law's is, it would look so much better.  A few feet off the ends wouldn't hurt either.

I actually think her hair is too thin and fine.  I would like about 2 feet cut off the length though.  It would make it look thicker.  Maybe some long layers with a bit of an angle around the face.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 5

Jinger was perming her hair well past puberty. I don't think her hair is curly in any sense. At most, it's slightly wavy hair that's completely fried due to years of chemical and heat damage, so it just looks frizzy which she interprets as curls that need to be flat ironed. A drastic haircut and alternately protein and moisturizing deep treatments would do wonders.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The almost daily flat-ironing will damage it beyond repair soon enough. It's clear that Jeremy likes her hair straight, and she will twist herself into a pretzel to please him. 

If she would embrace her hair's tendency to be wavy/curly, she'd save so much time and energy.  Not to mention, when she eventually gets gray, she can color away without having to worry about going bald.  I still think Jeremeeee is stuck in a time warp, where he needs to recreate his dream girl that dumped him in his earlier, more heathen life.  Jinjer is happy now, but Jer is going to start to grate on whatever free spirit she didn't have drummed out of her in the TTH.

2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think all the Duggar sons-in-law are pretty into themselves...especially since their religion tells them they're the headships and so speshul leaders of their families/wives because of their speshul man parts.  As far as the Duggars sons-in-law go, I'll take Jeremy any day...because women in pants, no babies, and far away from JB....  Jinger has won here.....even if none of the prizes in the husband department were great for the Duggar girls, she still got the "best" of the lot so far. 

This is true.  So far, so good.  

• Love 1

I think Jinger's hair is very coarse and wavy. With that said, I work with women that straighten their straight hair every day and have an unnatural fear of the rain. They'll be like, "Oh my goodness, look at my hair!" And I'll be looking and looking and looking, and it all looks the same as before that one drop of moisture touched their hair.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, sheshark said:

Where is money coming from that Jeremy never seems to be working & they are traveling here and there in first class & frequently going out to eat?  Maybe living off Jinger's nest egg from TLC?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, ariel said:

Where is money coming from that Jeremy never seems to be working & they are traveling here and there in first class & frequently going out to eat?  Maybe living off Jinger's nest egg from TLC?

I'm guessing Jeremy gets paid for appearing on Counting On as well. They've been married just about a year and he has appeared in almost every episode since before they were married. The internet estimates the Duggars are paid $25,000 - $45,000 per episode. Even if Jinger and Jeremy were getting a low estimate of $2500 each per episode (after dividing the pay with say, 10 others) that would be any where from $30,000 - $50,000 each, depending on how many of the 20 episodes that have been aired in 2017 they appeared in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make over $75,000 a year combined from Counting On.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Jeremy gets paid for appearing on Counting On as well. They've been married just about a year and he has appeared in almost every episode since before they were married. The internet estimates the Duggars are paid $25,000 - $45,000 per episode. Even if Jinger and Jeremy were getting a low estimate of $2500 each per episode (after dividing the pay with say, 10 others) that would be any where from $30,000 - $50,000 each, depending on how many of the 20 episodes that have been aired in 2017 they appeared in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make over $75,000 a year combined from Counting On.

That sounds about right to me. Of course, if the show ever stops, they'll be making schnitz. 

I'd think of that extra first-class-fare money as a build-the-nest-egg opportunity. But I guess they have too much faith to think that way? Do you really need those you-can-sleep-in-them seats for a two-hour flight? 

...I suppose the show never will stop, though....

• Love 4
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jinger's hair is very coarse and wavy. With that said, I work with women that straighten their straight hair every day and have an unnatural fear of the rain. They'll be like, "Oh my goodness, look at my hair!" And I'll be looking and looking and looking, and it all looks the same as before that one drop of moisture touched their hair.

LOL! I've lost count of the times I've been in that situation. I have curly hair and when straight haired women go on about how "frizzy" their hair is I'm like, "Bitch, please."

• Love 15
8 hours ago, ariel said:

Maybe TLC picks up the tab when they’re flying for the show?   I suppose technically they are the “talent”, such as it is. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Jeremy has protected himself if the Duggar label ever threatens his brand. Far away from the compound to the point they have to fly back and forth? No babies? A house with a mortgage under the Vuolos' name? A wife who seems that she was enthusiastic about these things from the get-go? The only thing JB really controls over him is the Counting On $$$.

The Smuggars, Dullards, and Seewalds are all dependent on the goodwill of JB and Michelle at this point due to toeing the Duggar party line. JB and Michelle say jump and they reply "How high?". We will see about JoKen and Forsyths but it's only a matter of time for JoKen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Forsyths end up going to Duggarville rather than Austin's parents when push comes to shove.

If things go south Jeremy can extract himself from the Duggar brand, for the most part. Time will tell what happens from here on out.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The only thing JB really controls over him is the Counting On $$$.

I don't think anybody has ever provided any evidence that Jim Bob has a shred of financial control over Jeremy and Jinger, with regards to the show "Counting On" or any other activities they engage in. 

I know that many people feel Jim Bob is in sole control over everyone and every thing associated with the Dugger brand, and always has been, but I just don't think that's true.  With as many marriages as have taken place, there are so many other parents and adults involved with this show, that I simply do not believe that every single one of them defers to and gives all financial control to Jim Bob Dugger.  I just don't think he's in the driver's seat at all anymore. 

I think the only power he has left is over the kids still at home.  Though I think John David is exempt from that group. 

But I have no proof of any of this either.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 15

JB has some power over JD since he owns the planes JD flies, and he probably has a major say so in who JD flies around. Plus the fact JD career choices probably had to be approve by JB himself because *gasp* a Duggar child is not allowed to think outside the box. I would love for one or more child to tell JB to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut in relations to careers and having a real life in the real world, but I probably have a better chance of being a tall skinny blonde than a Duggar offspring turning into a heathen rebel. In otherwords, JB has control in some ways over his married children because he has to be the king of Duggar Land, and no one, repeat no one can take the title away from him. Josh tried and we all know how well that turned out.

Edited by bigskygirl