Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, queenanne said:

Which in turn begs the question:  what could Jessa’s motivation for getting married could have been?  Seems unlikely she would have equated having kids with being grownup... she’s taken care of kids all her life.  It doesn’t seem likely she thought Bin would take her away from all this... and she can’t be that anxious to be away from her family, as she’s in their laps all the time.  I thought she was purported to be the shrewd one.  What did she gain?

Attention. (A pretty dress no one had ever worn before. A People Magazine cover. A trip to Europe.)

• Love 9

Love?❤️??????

Love is very strange, it can come and go
It can happen when you are young or old
When it comes, it comes from nowhere
When it comes, it changes your life!

Edited by Kokapetl

Agreed that Jinger was the closest thing allowed to being a rebel. Remember how she would make all sorts of facial expressions, most of them with a "whatever" vibe? She still does, to some extent. There were even talking head segments in one episode dedicated to Jinger's many expressions. She also did the dark fake tan, much more so than the others save Michelle. She did the weird crunchy perm. She had the over the top "fashion sense." Jinger rebelled all the way up to the Duggar's line in the sand without crossing it.

• Love 5

I also agree that both Jessa and Jinger know their family was considered weird.  Jessa, especially, reminds me of the person who can say anything she wants about her family but woe to the outsider who chimes in.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, ariel said:

A person with only a high school education being successful at editing is rare in this day & age.

I respectfully disgree.  There are all kinds of editors.  The weekly newspaper, the Church newsletter, the town newspaper, medical, and so on.  Some pay well, some do not. 

Jeremy appears to be very well read.  Not my taste in books at all but I suspect he’d edit a religious book better than most of us on this forum.  I read a lot but there is no way I could edit a religious book.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I respectfully disgree.  There are all kinds of editors.  The weekly newspaper, the Church newsletter, the town newspaper, medical, and so on.  Some pay well, some do not. 

Weekly newspapers, church bulletins, & town newspaper don't usually pay well for a full time job.  Medical - that takes some training that I doubt Babe has.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ariel said:

Weekly newspapers, church bulletins, & town newspaper don't usually pay well for a full time job.  Medical - that takes some training that I doubt Babe has.

That’s not what I said but moving on.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Has anyone noticed if Jinger has stopped with all the faces she made since she moved to Laredo?  

No I think she's still making faces even with just Jeremy.  Maybe she's just got a dramatic nature.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Why did they keep going to Waco? 

Chip and Joanna Gaines' house remodeling show. Never seen it, so I can't supply the names. Jessa has mentioned Joanna in her SM at times, although not as much as last spring when they made 3 trips (I believe) there in the space of a couple of months.

Jessa obviously has a serious girl crush on Joanna G.  Joanna IS pretty awesome, but I can see Jessa wanting to catch Joanna's attention since they're both Reality TV "stars".   Jessa probably thinks she can give Joanna tips on how to handle fame & child raising.  *ROFL*

In the Joy & Austin camping episode, Jing & Baaaabe did a few talking heads about camping & such.  He does the adoring gaze at HER as much as she does to him.  He doesn't just make sweeping proclamations to the camera with her simpering next to him.  It's a nice change from all the other couples. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Chip and Joanna Gaines' house remodeling show. Never seen it, so I can't supply the names. Jessa has mentioned Joanna in her SM at times, although not as much as last spring when they made 3 trips (I believe) there in the space of a couple of months.

Wow. Wonder what they did there? Stalk the Gaineses? Cause it's not exactly rife with tourist attractions, as I understand it.....

Although there's a big exciting extinct-mammoth dig, for those of us who like that sort of thing.....They could have learned about evolution! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

The Gainses have a huge shopping/tourist area in Waco called Magnolia. It's apparently a mecca for their fans. That's where the Waco pics were taken and Jessa's stupid Waco shirt purchased.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Gainses have a huge shopping/tourist area in Waco called Magnolia. It's apparently a mecca for their fans. That's where the Waco pics were taken and Jessa's stupid Waco shirt purchased.

So they stalk the Gaineses and buy eyetraps new and don't save the difference. Interesting. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

In the Joy & Austin camping episode, Jing & Baaaabe did a few talking heads about camping & such.  He does the adoring gaze at HER as much as she does to him.  He doesn't just make sweeping proclamations to the camera with her simpering next to him.  It's a nice change from all the other couples. 

I also loved when the producer asked how Jeremy will cope with Jinger's being gone for a few days, and he blew off the question.  It tells me he doesn't completely drink the kool-aid.  

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

So are the Waco shops inside the big pair of silos?

no. there is a freestanding building where the shopping happens and also a building for the bakery. they have food trucks all around the green area.  the silos are not open to the public, that i am aware of. i think they use them for storage and offices maybe.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Man, they meant business about not having kids right away. So married almost a year, and then it could be almost 2 years before a baby arrives. I’m so proud I could cry.

Don't jinx her! I'm cautiously optimistic myself, but it's still almost a month til her anniversary, and it would be a few months after that before she announced and/ or appeared visibly pregnant. I'll give her a pat on the back come February...

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Assuming she isn't pregnant by choice and not due to infertility, Jinger deserves allllll the gold stars. The pressure from her family alone must be exhausting. 

It wouldn't even count as infertility yet. While the majority of women in their 20s with no fertility problems conceive within a few months, it can take much longer. They don't even recommend women under 35 see a doctor for assessment until they've been actively trying for 12 months without success. 

That said, it is possible Jeremy and Jinger are having trouble conceiving and have managed to keep it quiet from both their families and TLC for a year. I just don't get that vibe from them, though. They seem too authentically happy. They could just be really good actors, I guess, but my money is on birth control. 

• Love 17

I would hope that if it was because of infertility her family would quit asking her about it. But who am I kidding, that would require sensitivity and compassion. 

I hope it's her/their choice. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, PuhLeeze said:

I would hope that if it was because of infertility her family would quit asking her about it. But who am I kidding, that would require sensitivity and compassion. 

I hope it's her/their choice. 

Of course there is no way to know what's really going on, and if they are dealing with infertility and are unhappy, then that's unfortunate.

That having been said, though, it seems likely to me that they are using some sort of birth control, or NFP. It must have occurred to Jessa, and may possibly have infiltrated Jill's thick skull, and may also have pierced the the dim conscience's of JB and J'chelle that they are intentionally delaying having a family. I wonder how they feel about that. I wonder if Jessa and Jill feel cheated (if I had known that was an option . . .). I wonder if JB and J'chelle have tried to "counsel" them?

• Love 12

I think JB and Michelle (and TLC) don't care that Jinger isn't pregnant. It's actually a better story line that Jinger and BAAAAAAAAABE managed to make it this far without a pregnancy/baby. If they make it to their first anniversary with nary a pregnancy, hot damn.

Plus Jinger being all the way in Laredo keeps a fairly healthy distance. Jinger and Jeremy are away from the constant pressure to reproduce like bunnies.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Everything Jeremy has said about having children has indicated they are deliberately waiting to start a family. Their combined eye rolls aren't a secret.

Too bad they can't just can't come out and say it then. It's not like this group is big on privacy.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Who's wedding was that dress from?  It's cute how Jeremy's tie has the same color stripe in it.  And her hair looks a bit shorter to me, even pulled back.  Maybe because she left it curly. 

From her friend's wedding in early August.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Of course there is no way to know what's really going on, and if they are dealing with infertility and are unhappy, then that's unfortunate.

That having been said, though, it seems likely to me that they are using some sort of birth control, or NFP. It must have occurred to Jessa, and may possibly have infiltrated Jill's thick skull, and may also have pierced the the dim conscience's of JB and J'chelle that they are intentionally delaying having a family. I wonder how they feel about that. I wonder if Jessa and Jill feel cheated (if I had known that was an option . . .). I wonder if JB and J'chelle have tried to "counsel" them?

As I've posted about before, I think there are a lot of reasons that Jessa is envious of Jinger's new life. That said, I think Jessa and Ben both adore their boys. Jessa might not adore the prospect of popping out 10+ more in the future, but for now I think she's content with her decision to have kids immediately. 

Jill I'm not so sure about. I don't know if it's the stress of her deliveries, or having to live in Danger America for a few months, or watching her husband slowly unwind before her eyes, but she seems to get no joy from her children (or really from life at all). I don't think she's abusive or even particularly neglectful -- they seem well fed and cared for -- but I don't think her heart is in parenting. I think she could really have benefitted from waiting a while, getting to know Derrick a little better, and clarifying her desires and goals before having kids. I think she's drunk too much of the koolaid to actually feel cheated, but if she were less programmed she very easily might.

• Love 24
8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

As I've posted about before, I think there are a lot of reasons that Jessa is envious of Jinger's new life. That said, I think Jessa and Ben both adore their boys. Jessa might not adore the prospect of popping out 10+ more in the future, but for now I think she's content with her decision to have kids immediately. 

Jill I'm not so sure about. I don't know if it's the stress of her deliveries, or having to live in Danger America for a few months, or watching her husband slowly unwind before her eyes, but she seems to get no joy from her children (or really from life at all). I don't think she's abusive or even particularly neglectful -- they seem well fed and cared for -- but I don't think her heart is in parenting. I think she could really have benefitted from waiting a while, getting to know Derrick a little better, and clarifying her desires and goals before having kids. I think she's drunk too much of the koolaid to actually feel cheated, but if she were less programmed she very easily might.

I think Jessa does love her sons and is enjoying motherhood. Jill not so much. I have a few theories about this but I think Jessa likes Ben better than Jill likes Derrick. I see Jessa and Ben genuinely laughing together, getting frustrated with each other, interacting like human beings. Jill may never admit it to herself but Derrick is the one that dragged her away from her family to Central America, scared her half to death etc. I also think she probably suffered from post partum depression that wasn't treated. I think Jill resents Israel and Derrick and probably doesn't know why. 

Jinger on the other hand waited somewhat patiently and got what she wanted out of a husband. A chance to live away, engage in activities she's interested in etc. jeremy is the most "liberal" out of all the husbands and the only one besides Austin who isn't under JB's thumb. I think Jill probably wants Derrick indebted to JB so that she can stay tied to her family. 

• Love 9

I think that at this point, the Duggars only ask about pregnancy when the cameras are on. It's just a vibe I get from them. I'd put my money on Jill being the last holdout to ask, but honestly, I doubt she even bothers anymore unless the producers tell her to. I'm sure Jim Bob and Michelle are not happy about any of their kids delaying pregnancy, but I also think they're sincere about the whole transfer of authority thing...Jinger now belongs to Jeremy, so they'd expect Jinger to obey him now matter how wrong they think he is. Now, if it were any of their sons, they'd have words. It's like how things played out with the Kellers...they badgered the son who left the fold, but they said nothing to the married daughter because in their eyes she was dutifully obeying her husband.

• Love 9
On 10/1/2017 at 8:28 PM, Churchhoney said:

Or he might end up deciding to be a high-school soccer coach and teach the accounting class on the side

See, I think this would be perfect for him, especially if he could find a Christian academy to teach at.  I don't know how well he'd play with others, theologically, but I think he could be awesome with kids and possibly even running some inter-school soccer league.  Jeremy, are you listening?

Also, I agree with others who have said that if Benessa moved to Laredo, they would try to get Jinger to babysit, but Jeremy would shut that down quick, fast, and in a hurry.  If Jeremy has done nothing else for Jinger, he's teaching her to have a sense of her own boundaries and personal space, and he'll help her maintain those boundaries until she's able to do it on her own.

Finally, I thought the socks picture was really cute.  I didn't see any FU in it at all.  I think Jeremy sees his relationship with Jinger as sort of a fundie fairy tale, with him sweeping her away from a life of drudgery and making her his princess.  

• Love 21

I think Jeremy sees his relationship with Jinger as sort of a fundie fairy tale, with him sweeping her away from a life of drudgery and making her his princess.  

Unless there's a well concealed dark side--which I never discount--I think it has been a fundie fairy tale. I still haven't stopped being surprised by how happy she looks in all of their pictures! She seemed so dead eyed prior to their courtship. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Unless there's a well concealed dark side--which I never discount--I think it has been a fundie fairy tale. I still haven't stopped being surprised by how happy she looks in all of their pictures! She seemed so dead eyed prior to their courtship. 

She got far enough away from hell -- and may have been skeptical enough of the Kool-Aid-drinking orders to begin with -- to realize that, in fact, the TTH is hell, once she was out of it.

I think there's plenty of evidence that Jeremy is pompous, overly ambitious considering his probable actual merits and a bit of an ass. But none of those things necessarily makes him a bad husband. Plus, while Jingle probably had at least a tinge of Duggar skeptic in her, she's also a major clinger and a person who follows along with her set and says "I'll have what you're having" a lot constantly. And people who aren't on the bossy side are driven nuts by partners who are like that. She's only a match with a bossy person. 

I don't think any of the Duggar adjacents are gems, but I still think all the married kids are better off now than they were before because they're at least at a tiny distance from the TTH toxic stew and they're exposed to at least some other people and influences. (save Joshley, because he still is being allowed to not stand on his own two feet, still is in a situation where he can believe he's king of the hill over all women, and now is on track to having a double-digit kid load that he doesn't want because he knows they can't pay for them or adequately care for them.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

She got far enough away from hell -- and may have been skeptical enough of the Kool-Aid-drinking orders to begin with -- to realize that, in fact, the TTH is hell, once she was out of it.

I think there's plenty of evidence that Jeremy is pompous, overly ambitious considering his probable actual merits and a bit of an ass. But none of those things necessarily makes him a bad husband. Plus, while Jingle probably had at least a tinge of Duggar skeptic in her, she's also a major clinger and a person who follows along with her set and says "I'll have what you're having" a lot constantly. And people who aren't on the bossy side are driven nuts by partners who are like that. She's only a match with a bossy person. 

I don't think any of the Duggar adjacents are gems, but I still think all the married kids are better off now than they were before because they're at least at a tiny distance from the TTH toxic stew and they're exposed to at least some other people and influences. (save Joshley, because he still is being allowed to not stand on his own two feet, still is in a situation where he can believe he's king of the hill over all women, and now is on track to having a double-digit kid load that he doesn't want because he knows they can't pay for them or adequately care for them.) 

Yup...my husband and I are rather like that. He CAN be a bit of a control freak, but, in general, he has very good taste and a lot of common sense so going with his decisions is not a bad thing. And I absolutely HATE making decisions...it's like, before you decide, you have a whole world of options open to you, and as soon as you pick one, even if you aren't necessarily burning bridges, all the other options go away, and you are tied into waiting for the other shoe to drop before you know whether you made a big mistake. I'd much rather someone else have that responsibility. Guess that makes me a bit insipid, but it's just the way I've always been.

• Love 8

I think Jinger does have and share her opinions, however she is more tactful than Jessa. I'm guessing she might defer to Jeremy on the 'big stuff' he being the headship in all, but we've seen her in both shows sharing her opinions. Jessa, on the other hand, appears to have opinions but really she just is a bossy bully.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jinger does have and share her opinions, however she is more tactful than Jessa. I'm guessing she might defer to Jeremy on the 'big stuff' he being the headship in all, but we've seen her in both shows sharing her opinions. Jessa, on the other hand, appears to have opinions but really she just is a bossy bully.  

Jinger outright admitted that she told Jessa what she wanted with the apartment but then stayed silent about it when Jeremy was around and let Jessa be the bad guy. Sure she has opinions, but she only shares them when she doesn't want to appear "bossy," which is  a bitch move. Maybe she's now comfortable enough around Jeremy to say something that he might disagree with, but she wasn't then. 

• Love 6