Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Buying hard liquor in grocery stores and places like Target is fairly new in my state of Washington.  Before, it was state owned liquor stores only.

To properly check out, the clerk needs everyone's driver's license to scan at the check out.  No matter the age.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Buying hard liquor in grocery stores and places like Target is fairly new in my state of Washington.  Before, it was state owned liquor stores only.

To properly check out, the clerk needs everyone's driver's license to scan at the check out.  No matter the age.

I'm in Washington, too, and I just roll my eyes sometimes. I appreciate the stores where the cashier is allowed to apply common sense and override the card requirement for an old lady of, say, 63 (ahem). My local Albertsons cards and while I never hassle the cashier about it, I have felt compelled to point out I'm THREE TIMES 21. It's just so silly sometimes. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, louannems said:

It's basically the same in Michigan. Retail clerks have to scan one's license in order to complete the purchase. Of course, there are some dolts who refuse to understand that. People get outraged over such dumb shit. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, McManda said:

Jinger is #5. So they got somewhere past five kids, realized they accidentally independently had picked all names that started with Js except hers, and decided to fix it? (Did they fix it legally? Did they go the Bates route and only change one letter because that's what was allowed as a freebie? (Jinger vs Jinjer).)

That's ... moronic.

(My parents realized they accidentally had a theme going after 2 kids, so when my #3 came along they they continued the "three syllables and ends in a" thing with her. (She was the last kid.))

She's #6. Josh(ua), Jana, John David, Jill, Jessa and then Jinger. Her name was always Jinger. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I'm in Washington, too, and I just roll my eyes sometimes. I appreciate the stores where the cashier is allowed to apply common sense and override the card requirement for an old lady of, say, 63 (ahem). My local Albertsons cards and while I never hassle the cashier about it, I have felt compelled to point out I'm THREE TIMES 21. It's just so silly sometimes. 

I said this at Fred Meyers the other day.  The cashier said, "are you sure you're old enough?"  I told him, "3 times over."  

The Safeway I shop at was nailed for selling to under 21, and one cashier there still cards everyone, even though it was ages ago.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Obsidian said:

It's a cursive J, but the icing is too thick and there's too much squiggle on the top left, before the J part, so it looks more like a D. I see that her hands are being restrained, presumably so she doesn't grab a handful. Can't mess up that cake before the photo! 

Surprised her little hands weren't walloped with a switch. Willful, manipulative,and naughty one year olds are an abomination unto the Lord, don'tcha know?

You know her asshole parents were bathing in the Koolaid by then.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

If you are cold natured, yes.  Skinny people don't care.

That cheesy little hat that Jinger is wearing at the back of her head doesn't look like it's designed for warmth.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think whoever made the cake spelled Jinger with a G. I doubt it was Michelle, especially considering she was about 8 months pregnant when Jinger turned one. My guess is someone at their church made it for them. 

That's a good possibility and the person who baked it spelled it like it would normally be spelled. 

• Love 3
On 9/5/2017 at 7:10 PM, GeeGolly said:

For you religious folks out there, do you comment of your partners love for God - ever? Do you praise your partner for his devotion to God on special occasions?

I do. Briefly.  In private .  Because I don't want to sound like a nut. Like Jinger.  Or Jeremy. Or Jill. Or Derick. Or Ben. Or Jessa. Or Austin. Or Joy. Anna and Josh stopped with that crap after he banged some women...

• Love 11

Only licensed liquor stores can sell take away liquor where I live. They don't bother carding anyone who couldn't be under 18. And the smokers, I guess they're easy to spot. Plus smoking is quite expensive. A pack of 20 Marlboro reds is like $7 in Arkansas. 25 pack in Australia is $30.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2017 at 5:18 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I got carded not that long ago. I'm in my early 50's and have been carded my entire life, although it's getting fewer and farer between these days. 

I'm the same age & get carded occassionally. It's because they've raised the "look like" age to 35. So, while there's no way I'd pass for 21, at least I still look like 35 to some people.

As for the cake picture, they may be holding Jinger's hands so she doesn't grab the lit candle and burn herself, although that sounds too logical and caring for the Duggar family.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 5
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎05 at 1:32 PM, Sew Sumi said:

OMFG

She has channelled Michelle (she looks so much like her now), Jill Rodriguez and Priscilla. I used to like her, but when she went bat-shit crazy over Jeremy, I became embarrassed for her. Love is not obsession. 

Nice free birthday Sundae. Bet all the boys you played soccer with are jumping to join the crazy train. 

• Love 5

Who has Jeremy helped and why they always need to bring up God and their so called Godly ways? Do they think they get Godly extra points when they mentioned their love and devotion to God when in reality it is their love and devotion to spread they own brand of religious beliefs. Close the barn door and get the shovels out.

Don't forget the devil made them do it when it comes covering up the fact their own brother molested four of his sisters and calling out certain groups as child molesters when it fact the were hiding the fact they had a molester in their own family. They blame the evil liberals and evil media for their dirty little secret coming out when it was their greed and famewhoreness that brought it to light. No the evil heathen world is out to get them instead of their own stupidity calling the shots.

I didn't realize until my daughter was pregnant with my granddaughter that for the past five generations the women in my family have names that end with an A.  We were going through family names and I realized, Stella was great grandma, Joanna was grandma, Leona was mom, I'm Rebecca and my daughter is Amanda. My granddaughter was named Alyssa.  It's an accidental tradition that my daughter carried on. 

Sorry. I know I'm off topic and nobody really gives a crap. Lol. 

@Maharincess  I thought it was interesting.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I didn't realize until my daughter was pregnant with my granddaughter that for the past five generations the women in my family have names that end with an A.  We were going through family names and I realized, Stella was great grandma, Joanna was grandma, Leona was mom, I'm Rebecca and my daughter is Amanda. My granddaughter was named Alyssa.  It's an accidental tradition that my daughter carried on. 

Well, a lot of the traditional female names have always tended to end with "a" because it's the feminine ending for most if not all European languages that differentiate between masculine and feminine nouns. My mother's name, my name and my daughter's name (though not her nickname) all end with "a". There's a bit more leeway in English because it doesn't make the sentence sound awkward if the subject doesn't "match" the verb. But it's still not too surprising to "happen" into a string of names ending in "a".

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, millennials trying to be cute. Just stop.

Seriously everytime I see a new photo of Jerm I just want to smash something ... that's how much his staged stupid photos annoy me 

A complete and utter tosser

• Love 10
20 hours ago, sometimesy said:

OMFG

She has channelled Michelle (she looks so much like her now), Jill Rodriguez and Priscilla. I used to like her, but when she went bat-shit crazy over Jeremy, I became embarrassed for her. Love is not obsession. 

Nice free birthday Sundae. Bet all the boys you played soccer with are jumping to join the crazy train. 

Jeremy reminds me of Pygmalion, where Prof. Higgiins takes Eliza Doolittle under his wing, teaches her the proper way to eat, dress, speak and then falls in love with her. It would be a nice ending for these two, but she seems like more of a project with him. And, she's so love struck that she's flattered by it.

It's quite telling that a man who has had experience in the ebil world ; sports, college, would choose a girl who was so young, sheltered and uneducated, For all his bravado and ego, I don't think he's as confident as he wants people to believe., He's egotistic, but not confident. . Jinger may eventually be molded into what he wants her to be, but as of now, she's just a work in progress.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Jeremy reminds me of Pygmalion, where Prof. Higgiins takes Eliza Doolittle under his wing, teaches her the proper way to eat, dress, speak and then falls in love with her. It would be a nice ending for these two, but she seems like more of a project with him. And, she's so love struck that she's flattered by it.

It's quite telling that a man who has had experience in the ebil world ; sports, college, would choose a girl who was so young, sheltered and uneducated, For all his bravado and ego, I don't think he's as confident as he wants people to believe., He's egotistic, but not confident. . Jinger may eventually be molded into what he wants her to be, but as of now, she's just a work in progress.

I totally agree.  Very odd indeed, that an educated & worldly (in comparison) grown man would seek out a Jin type.  Of course, the fact that she was on Tee-Vee never entered the equation (cough, cough.)

He really likes looking at and listening to himself.  I'd want to smack him within 5 minutes.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Totally said:

Seriously everytime I see a new photo of Jerm I just want to smash something ... that's how much his staged stupid photos annoy me 

A complete and utter tosser

I've always found his staged photos rather annoying/pretentious, but this one takes the cake for me. It also gave me a sudden urge to hit something XD

He is such a poser. Gahh.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I like this. Their tribute to "Kids in the Hall."

Bahaha. Now, let's see homage to Robert Mapplethorpe, you know, since Cringe is a photographer and all. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7
On 9/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, bythelake said:

That's a good possibility and the person who baked it spelled it like it would normally be spelled. 

Or, you know, they got the cake second hand and saved the difference!

4 hours ago, bythelake said:

My Fair Fundie?

• Love 18
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I totally agree.  Very odd indeed, that an educated & worldly (in comparison) grown man would seek out a Jin type.  Of course, the fact that she was on Tee-Vee never entered the equation (cough, cough.)

He really likes looking at and listening to himself.  I'd want to smack him within 5 minutes.

5 minutes? You are a better person than I am, XWord :P

• Love 2
On 9/6/2017 at 1:10 AM, queenanne said:

Except for the fact they are more original in their turns of phrase and actually labor over these choices of words (I've seen 'em), my mother and her sister absolutely would write Duggaresque missives crammed with born-againspeak in greeting cards to their spouses.  Hell, they'd write them unto the second generation (i.e., me), and already have.  I feel I may have in fact seen messages like these in cards for my father, though it's been several years since I was around him on his birthday.

My cousin once sent out a Christmas letter talking about how using birth control is a sin. "This year was a great one for our family! Carl continued to enjoy his job at IBM, I was voted president of the church sewing circle, George celebrated his first communion, Mary started preschool, and every time you take the Pill you're causing your body to abort your young, you Godless slut." So the Duggar's messages seem kind of tame to me, actually. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is just stupid.  Jinge, go back to pretending to snap candids of Babe pensively contemplating a leather-bound book, or catch him gazing thoughtfully over a cup of coffee through the restaurant window.  Those are also stupid, to be sure, but at least he's not making an ass of himself.  Much.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'll join you.  We didn't realize until our last rescue that all of our animal's names end with y.  Gary, Daisy, Roxy, Jimmy, Susie and Toby.  The vets office must think we have something wrong with us.  Oh well.

On topic - Jeremy needs to just stop.  Please stop.  You aren't as cute as you think you are.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like this is divorced dad's turn to have his teenaged daughter over.  Let's look wild and zany & piss off your mom.  I'm the fun parent.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8