Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, poopchute said:

How do they decide who gets cake and who doesn't? There were 1000 people there right?  Does that cake even feed 100?

They had cupcakes, too. Pretty common to have a really pretty decorative cake and then extra sheet cake or cupcakes so everyone gets a slice.

• Love 8

I hate frosting so from a tastiness perspective, I like naked cakes. I just wish there was a way to pretty them up more. Jinger's cake doesn't look horrible, but it's kind of...I don't know, sloppy maybe? I can't put my finger on what exactly I don't like about it. Maybe it's the roses with the fruit.

Not a huge fan of the style of the dresses but they're ok, certainly the best of the Duggar bridesmaids' dresses. I wish they were all bright tones, though. The lavender, light blue, beiges, brown, and pink stand out in a really bad way. Colors like sapphire blue, turquoise, and emerald green would have been a much better match with the reds and purples.

• Love 6
On 11/8/2016 at 6:58 PM, Churchhoney said:

A hipster I know uses two rubber bands. I'll bet lots of men do. I think women's buns require magic of some kind.

Tutorial in best method of bun construction (ignore quote boxes, it's not coming out right.  Also, disclaimer:  the subject of the video isn't me, lol).

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

I really like the wedding dress.  The bridesmaids dresses were nice.  I think the flowers and bouquets were beautiful.  I still hate the cake.  More than the cake I think it's more horrible that the Duggar boys/men in the front row of the church are wearing suspenders instead of suit jackets.  Were they trying to mix formal and non formal into one occasion?   Pick, one, which one is it?  The cake and suspenders - informal.  The rest - formal.  Maybe they were going for meek?  Jinger's new found meekness has to make an appearance somewhere?  Cheese, crackers, meatballs and what looks like pound cakes layered with some fruit thrown on.  The roses on the cake were nice, that's it.  Formally meek is what I think I'll call the wedding.

Naked cakes are quite trendy.  (which is actually fine with me since most frosting is just way too sweet for my constitution....but that's just me)              https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=604&q=naked+cake&oq=naked+cake&gs_l=img.3...1818.3137.0.3365.10.7.0.3.3.0.173.751.2j4.6.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.7.757...0.B_H6hXj6dWw

And the Duggars are nothing if not aspirants to the trendy. Which I find kind of hilarious since at the same time they're always trying to drag the world back to the 1950s, the 1850s, the 1500s.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I hate frosting so from a tastiness perspective, I like naked cakes. I just wish there was a way to pretty them up more. Jinger's cake doesn't look horrible, but it's kind of...I don't know, sloppy maybe? I can't put my finger on what exactly I don't like about it. Maybe it's the roses with the fruit.

Not a huge fan of the style of the dresses but they're ok, certainly the best of the Duggar bridesmaids' dresses. I wish they were all bright tones, though. The lavender, light blue, beiges, brown, and pink stand out in a really bad way. Colors like sapphire blue, turquoise, and emerald green would have been a much better match with the reds and purples.

I think that's entirely a matter of personal taste in the visual, though, which varies incredibly widely. I can't stop looking at that palette. To me, it's just absolutely stunning, beautiful group of colors, perfectly balanced among the colors, and between dusty and bright colors. ....

I don't think anybody's wedding colors will please everyone. There are certainly weddings where the colors look off or tacky to just about everybody. But when it comes to the nice ones, we're all going to be drawn to different ones and find different ones flawed. I, personally, wouldn't change a single thing in Jinger's.

• Love 16

The cake doesn't do it for me, but then again, it's supposed to look like a giant strawberry shortcake, which I despise.  I like the more classical look the dresses myself, though would have preferred to keep them within one shade, i.e. all a shade of red or lavender.  But that's my personal preference.  

Anyone notice how awkward and uncomfortable the Howler man-children look in that picture?  Take your hands out of your pockets, you're in a house of God.  I'm continually amazed at how these people always seem to look like something out of a Dolly Parton song about poor people at Christmas getting O. Henry'ed even though they're probably making more money than they can spend.  I don't know if it's the choice of colors or textiles or the fact that they don't care for their clothes properly.  It's like they've never heard of steamers, irons, Woolite and dry cleaners.  And Lord knows they have terrible taste in shoes and take even worse care of them.

• Love 8

Who were the other three girls on her left? I know the one next to Hannie is the girl that lives with them, did they adopt her? I can't remember.

That sign kind of confuses me. of course you wouldnt want your wife to you evil LOL. Is that sign worthy? You couldn't pick a better bibly thing to say?

The first part was sweet ( jeremy will love jinger as blah blah) 

Anyway, I like the bridesmaid dresses, love the colors all together. Finally seeing SOMEONE have an ounce of taste and class! I wonder who the new wedding planner is, cause they really did a good job with the colors. 

Also curious to the cake situation. That is a tiny ass cake for all those people. Maybe they had sheet cakes in the back ? ( No hate this is common at some weddings) to feed the rest? IDK. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Has Jill suddenly lost weight?

I was wondering the same thing!!  It looks like she crash dieted, because she was a lot larger on the show a few weeks ago, granted I understand there has been a lapse in time from when the shows were taped to the wedding last week.  She looks small next to Anna, who looks larger than last year.  I do think all of the girls look very nice though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wasn't quite awake when I first looked at these, and in sort of "skimming mode", the only bit I really read out of that wooden plaque was "Jinger will do Jeremy..."

Had to go back for a double-take!

Yes, welcome to your new life Jinger, doing Jeremy good all of the rest of your days.  It would be evil not to.  Joyfully available.  Weddings=Sex on most fundies minds.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I can't put my finger on what exactly I don't like about it. Maybe it's the roses with the fruit.

For me it's the grapes hanging here and there.  I think they look wonky.  I also think it's weird to see grapes dusted with confectioners sugar.  Berries, yes, but grapes, weird.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

For me it's the grapes hanging here and there.  I think they look wonky.  I also think it's weird to see grapes dusted with confectioners sugar.  Berries, yes, but grapes, weird.

Maybe they are obsessed with trying to prove they actually eat fruit?  I mean I don't eat fruit, but if someone called me on it I would just say yeah I don't eat it.

• Love 4

I like the bridesmaid dresses from the side.  Looking straight on I don't think they're flattering - they make the girls look wide.  I think cause it kinda poofs out to make their hips look wider.  

Love Jinger's dress and shoes.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 4

I hate naked cakes, they look so odd. I just find it funny that it's called a naked cake and the Duggars think naked knees are defrauding.

46 minutes ago, Lemur said:

The cake doesn't do it for me, but then again, it's supposed to look like a giant strawberry shortcake, which I despise.  I like the more classical look the dresses myself, though would have preferred to keep them within one shade, i.e. all a shade of red or lavender.  But that's my personal preference.  

Anyone notice how awkward and uncomfortable the Howler man-children look in that picture?  Take your hands out of your pockets, you're in a house of God.  I'm continually amazed at how these people always seem to look like something out of a Dolly Parton song about poor people at Christmas getting O. Henry'ed even though they're probably making more money than they can spend.  I don't know if it's the choice of colors or textiles or the fact that they don't care for their clothes properly.  It's like they've never heard of steamers, irons, Woolite and dry cleaners.  And Lord knows they have terrible taste in shoes and take even worse care of them.

Re the house of God, hands in pockets,  I do not think they are taught to respect God, fear Him maybe ,but not respect Him. There is a diffrence.

• Love 7

When do they actually go to Church other than weddings?  The house of JimBob is their regular 'church', so they probably don't really understand the etiquette of attending Church so suspenders and hands in pockets is just normal for them.  

2 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Did they have 900 cupcakes?

Maybe everybody got a grape.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I think that's entirely a matter of personal taste in the visual, though, which varies incredibly widely. I can't stop looking at that palette. To me, it's just absolutely stunning, beautiful group of colors, perfectly balanced among the colors, and between dusty and bright colors. ....

I don't think anybody's wedding colors will please everyone. There are certainly weddings where the colors look off or tacky to just about everybody. But when it comes to the nice ones, we're all going to be drawn to different ones and find different ones flawed. I, personally, wouldn't change a single thing in Jinger's.

Very true. I prefer colors to have some sort of cohesive theme to them...so, say all jewel tones, or something, especially with multiple colors. If it were just two colors, then to my eye a big contrast looks great, but three or more and it all looks discordant to me without an obvious unifying theme.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Did they have 900 cupcakes?

They must have. Because imagine if they didn't have enough cake for everybody. And because the first ones in probably grabbed a lot of the meatballs and cheese, some people who missed out on cake wouldn't have gotten anything to eat but pickled okra. "I Went To The Duggar Wedding And All I Got Was This Lousy Pickled Okra" 

On the other hand, that could have been a ploy to clear the room so they could make a faster getaway to the real afterparty.

• Love 10

I was reading the comments on the TLC page and someone said "I wonder if they will show the divorce when the show is cancelled and Jeremy goes back to his old life of being with men?"

I loled. I also want to know why that person thinks that way? Especially cause there were so many moments where you could tell Jeremy just wanted to be normally affectionate with her- wanting to lean in for a kiss ect . They do have natural chemistry

I never really thought that about him and I hope for Jingers sake he isn't. That coupled with his anti masturbation stance and desire for a meek wife would just be a complete disaster

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2

I didn't notice until the clearer pics posted up thread but apparently the groomsmen went with the mismatched theme as well, but not in a good way. It's more of a wear any old pants and scuffed up shoes you have way. Big fail on the guy's part IMHO.

• Love 4

From that People article:

'“I told the girls I need the bridesmaids to enter behind me because I thought I would collapse when I saw him,” Jinger, 22, told PEOPLE of her ceremony at Cathedral of the Ozarks at John Brown University in Siloam Springs.

She didn't really do that. Have the bridesmaids enter after her. Did she?

Wonder if they wrote the sentiment on the "do Jeremy" plaque. I don't usually think to use the word "evil" in any marriage concept. Really awkward.

All in all a nice wedding. Good thing TLC was still around.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Just by looking at these photos you know that his family had input or what the wedding should be like. I  bet Blob was frothing from the mouth that is father officiated.

Chuck wouldn't stand for Hyuck Hyuck Jim Boob and his antics...awkward enough that you have to share your first kiss in front of the whole world, then your parents and married siblings have to upstage your special moment...surrounded by frenetic Fundy piano with extra forte and overdone glisses...no, just no

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

'“I told the girls I need the bridesmaids to enter behind me because I thought I would collapse when I saw him,” Jinger, 22, told PEOPLE of her ceremony at Cathedral of the Ozarks at John Brown University in Siloam Springs.

Wonder if they wrote the sentiment on the "do Jeremy" plaque. I don't usually think to use the word "evil" in any marriage concept. Really awkward.

All in all a nice wedding. Good thing TLC was still around.

I mean I wouldn't put it past her...

That's such a weird thing to say, you might collapse from seeing your future husband? If anything, he should be the one collapsing at how beautiful you look.

9 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I LOVE her shoes!! I couldn't walk in them but they show spark and a sense of fun. How refreshing in a Duggar girl.

I wonder if she might have put those shoes on for that photo, but wore something more comfortable, easier-to-walk-in for the ceremony. Cuz unless she's been wearing heels like that a lot over the years, I find it hard to believe she could have successfully walked in them.  I wouldn't be able to, but I've never worn heels more than an inch or two, and then only occasionally.

• Love 5

Jinger did a very nice job planning the way she and the bridesmaids looked.  I have a feeling that input on the groomsmen was a bridge too far in the Duggar household.  I don't think she would be able to get them to look any better than they did.  Boob isn't going to put out for shoes for himself, let alone all the guys.  He is a tightwad of the first order.  Jinger had that much freedom to choose only because of TV.

• Love 5

The little wooden people on the cake is super cute....BUT did ya'll notice that the little people resemble Jin and Jer in their wedding attire to a T? Even the dots on wooden groom's tie match Jer's and the bouquet painted on the bride little person matches Jinger's. Now, had I seen this at a friend's wedding I may have been all "aww, that's sweet."  But when I think about how modest these people are supposed to be, I'm not as inclined to be so impressed by your little exact replicas of yourselves on your cake in the picture you're selling to the magazine. And the little people replicas are just a little to "squee" for me when I think of sheltered, emotionally stunted, uneducated, "meek" Jinger marrying the much more educated, experienced, and worldly Jer. 

That said, the wedding looked nice (if over-pintrest-y) and I am impressed (although I think a few of the bridesmaids' dresses colors are just a bit off....I appreciate the attempt even if it wasn't quite executed as I'd have done it if I had their money).

Good luck, Jinger. Good luck, Jer.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

The picture where Hannie isn't smiling gives me some hope that she's found some old People magazines and is perfecting her Victoria Beckham non-smiling pose or has seen some old episodes of America's Next Top Model and is giving the camera some "fierce." 

If the Duggars do look unhappy in wedding pics, I am so hoping it's because some of Jeremy's family and friends snuck in a flask or two of booze. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

No, she didnt. She was saying she might need people behind her to catch her bc she would collapse when she saw him. 

2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I didn't notice until the clearer pics posted up thread but apparently the groomsmen went with the mismatched theme as well, but not in a good way. It's more of a wear any old pants and scuffed up shoes you have way. Big fail on the guy's part IMHO.

Is there a clearer picture of the groomsmen, or do you mean the picture in the church with the older Howler boys (who do look a hot mess, but weren't part of the wedding party)?

49 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

The little wooden people on the cake is super cute....BUT did ya'll notice that the little people resemble Jin and Jer in their wedding attire to a T?

What I noticed was that the Jinger doll looked kind of African American or Hispanic in terms of skin tone... Maybe it's just the shade of the wood, but her doll is noticably darker than Jeremy's. Or was that just meant to represent Jinger's former obsession with self-tanner? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder if she might have put those shoes on for that photo, but wore something more comfortable, easier-to-walk-in for the ceremony. 

And I wondered if she might have put that shoe (singular) on for the photo because they only had one at the thrift store ...

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is there a clearer picture of the groomsmen, or do you mean the picture in the church with the older Howler boys (who do look a hot mess, but weren't part of the wedding party)?

The photo in the church with Jin's train spread out. I believe the boys in the front row are Joe, the twins & Si. I assumed their suspenders and somewhat  matching ties marked them as groomsmen. They are wearing boutonnieres.

ETA: Enlarged the photo on my tablet to see details

Edited by lulu69
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I mean I wouldn't put it past her...

That's such a weird thing to say, you might collapse from seeing your future husband? If anything, he should be the one collapsing at how beautiful you look.

I agree it's weird, maybe she just couldn't express herself well?

There is no way that really happened, because presumably her father walked her down  the isle, so he would be the one supporting Jinger, not some 92 pound fundie lightweight.

Hello, mustly a lurker here but I had to sign in to say, seeing the boys lined up in the back of that one picture, I really dislike the shirt & suspenders with no jacket trend.  It can work in some settings, but I just think it doesn't fit in at all here.

They look like they are ready to drag out instruments like a wash tub tuned upside down with a stick with a piece of string on it, a harmoneeeeekah and a washboard.  Duggars NEVER look trendy, ever!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 11

Anyone catch that hand lettered wooden sign--"....Jinger will do Jeremy good and not evil all the days of her life"  Huh?  WTF kind of gift item is that?  It sounds to me like they are saying "Jinger will be a good wife not like that evil bitch who was his first wife."

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

The photo in the church with Jin's train spread out. I believe the boys in the front row are Joe, the twins & Si. I assumed their suspenders and somewhat  matching ties marked them as groomsmen. They are wearing boutonnieres.

They were ushers.  That's why they were in the pew and not with the bridal attendants. 

7 hours ago, Defrauder said:

I really like the wedding dress.  The bridesmaids dresses were nice.  I think the flowers and bouquets were beautiful.  I still hate the cake.  More than the cake I think it's more horrible that the Duggar boys/men in the front row of the church are wearing suspenders instead of suit jackets.  Were they trying to mix formal and non formal into one occasion?   Pick, one, which one is it?  The cake and suspenders - informal.  The rest - formal.  Maybe they were going for meek?  Jinger's new found meekness has to make an appearance somewhere?  Cheese, crackers, meatballs and what looks like pound cakes layered with some fruit thrown on.  The roses on the cake were nice, that's it.  Formally meek is what I think I'll call the wedding.

Michelle's dress (from what I could see) looked nice, unless she wore it with black stockings and orthopedic shoes.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I was reading the comments on the TLC page and someone said "I wonder if they will show the divorce when the show is cancelled and Jeremy goes back to his old life of being with men?"

I loled. I also want to know why that person thinks that way? Especially cause there were so many moments where you could tell Jeremy just wanted to be normally affectionate with her- wanting to lean in for a kiss ect . They do have natural chemistry

I never really thought that about him and I hope for Jingers sake he isn't. That coupled with his anti masturbation stance and desire for a meek wife would just be a complete disaster

I didn't want to be the first one to bring it up here but yes, he made my gaydar ding.

1 hour ago, luvmylabs said:

Michelle's dress (from what I could see) looked nice, unless she wore it with black stockings and orthopedic shoes.

You know she did.

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

They look like they are ready to drag out instruments like a wash tub tuned upside down with a stick with a piece of string on it, a harmoneeeeekah and a washboard.  Duggars NEVER look trendy, ever!!

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

• Love 6