Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jason Hartono's pictures are down (Insta Story? although one was taken around 3am, so it hasn't been 24 hours yet...maybe he got in trouble), but someone was nice enough to crop out Mechelle in the outfit I described above. 

image.jpeg.d5e902bf6eacb75bf19cd4b355dcd091.jpeg

I thought Halloween was over. Now the Wicked Witch of Arkansas will hunt me in my sleep like Freddy Krueger.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jason Hartono's pictures are down (Insta Story? although one was taken around 3am, so it hasn't been 24 hours yet...maybe he got in trouble), but someone was nice enough to crop out Mechelle in the outfit I described above. Most everyone at this shindig looks like they'd changed into casual clothes, Boob included, so I will assume she also changed out of whatever monstrosity she wore to the actual ceremony. 

image.jpeg.d5e902bf6eacb75bf19cd4b355dcd091.jpeg

Is that a magic mirror reflecting a glimpse of a Jinger in 30 years? 

• Love 6

The dress designer who did the wedding gowns and bridesmaids gowns said she designed the dresses. Why couldn't she make them the appropriate length????? I hope Jinger's dress is the appropriate length.

The bridesmaids would have done better wearing nice satin flats.

I saw on the designer's page that a lot of her dresses had that sleeve on it to give it a modest look. 

• Love 2

Someone Yelped the designer and found reviews stating that this Renee person claims to design a lot of things that really are not her designs at all. Her place probably did sew the dresses to order after Jinger picked a sample off the rack, but why not properly hem them? We've seen both Jana and Joy in modest heels, and they were STILL dragging their dresses around. If anything, the "designer" should have hemmed them for flats; a little short is far better than dragging around all that extra fabric. 

I guess we'll see Jinger's dress in all its glory in the morning. It looked like a tank dress with the boatneck lace overlay bodice, which isn't that tough to replicate. Attach a skirt and VOILA! Sadly, since TLC taped them dress shopping in DC, I doubt we will see what really went down in Pensacola. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I hope that the meatballs weren't Sam's Club finest. That would be insulting to the Italian family. The Dugs could have had them catered from their local Italian restaurant.

Tontitown has a large Italian population (known for vineyards, ironically). I bet there are a couple good Italian restaurants in town, but since they serve booze, the Duggars wouldn't set foot in them. What would have been nice is if maybe the little girls (Josie aside) made Grandma Vuolo's recipe. Hell, give the recipe to Sierra; she thrives on that sort of project. No way that happened; I doubt it even occurred to even Jinger to truly recognize the culture she is marrying into, even if Jeremy has distanced himself from it somewhat (or maybe a lot). A little tribute to Grandma would have been lovely. 

• Love 5

I think it would be lovely if they had served more genuine meatballs, whether using a Vuolo family recipe or just scoping out what Tontitown has to offer, but I bet money they were of the frozen variety. :(

Damn, this conversation is inspiring me to make meatballs this week. 

• Love 4

Sorry if it's been answered...are the meatballs, cheese, crackers, and veggies the actual menu, or was that just a speculation? If it was their actual menu, it's definitely a step up from Jill and Jessas, and pretty standard fare for fundy weddings. Add in some peanuts and mints, cake and punch, sand you've got a fundy Baptist wedding reception. No dancing, no booze. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Sorry if it's been answered...are the meatballs, cheese, crackers, and veggies the actual menu, or was that just a speculation? If it was their actual menu, it's definitely a step up from Jill and Jessas, and pretty standard fare for fundy weddings. Add in some peanuts and mints, cake and punch, sand you've got a fundy Baptist wedding reception. No dancing, no booze. 

The menu came from a quote from someone who was there. They also mentioned three kinds of cupcakes. 

Where is the dip for the veggies? Kelly Bates knows all the rations to feed 1000 people! 

• Love 1

Michelle mentioned that they learned after Jill's wedding that they had to rent porta-potties for Jessa's after party. How does one direct someone to use outdoor rented potties when they're in a house with 5 bathrooms?

Also, I wonder what kind of refreshments the Duggars offer at these after parties? Is this why they're cheap for the 'receptions'?

As far as I'm aware, for most weddings the reception is the party, then maybe a few stragglers will hit up a bar or hang together at a hotel after it's over.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We've seen both Jana and Joy in modest heels, and they were STILL dragging their dresses around. If anything, the "designer" should have hemmed them for flats; a little short is far better than dragging around all that extra fabric. 

Maybe she's been watching too much Project Runway. They're always ordering the designers to put the dresses to the floor. I remember one of the judges saying, "I don't want to see her toes!" (Must have been the anti-Gothard.) 

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A little tribute to Grandma would have been lovely. 

Aaaa. She's not a Duggar. Non-Duggars are never worthy of tributes. They're lucky if they get to sit inside the venue. Of course that sort of goes for some Duggars as well. Laundry Grandma comes to mind.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As far as I'm aware, for most weddings the reception is the party, then maybe a few stragglers will hit up a bar or hang together at a hotel after it's over.

Maybe this relates to the Duggars being so godly. Everybody's part of God's world here on the planet. But when it comes to the actual Kingdom, only the select few are invited. Same deal with a Dugg reception and then the Dugg real party.  After-party = After-life

• Love 3

Sorry, having problem quoting.

My parents had relatives & friends back to their house after my wedding.  My mom had lunchmeat platters & salads.Wonder what was on the menu at the TTC?  I'm still thinking Tacos 4 Life, which would be comped. Poor Jana & Joy had to be exhausted after helping out at the reception serving meatballs & then having to organize things for the after party. Probably had to watch various kiddos too.

A poster on another site was hoping that when Jin & Babe head east to visit, the family will throw them a real party/dinner with an Italian menu.  What a great idea.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Justin's a teen now! He's going to get his driver's permit in about a week when he turns 14! These boys just.do.not.grow.

And when they finally grow, they age so quickly.

Regarding the reception food, all I can think about is the grubby Duggar fingers touching the food.  Yuck!!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Beaner said:

You know, I have been reading this since yesterday, and I'm starting to think I.just.cant. anymore with the Duggars.

#1 Who has 900 people at their wedding?

Why do I think the answer to this is -- "only people who have no actual friends"  ?

5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

And when they finally grow, they age so quickly.

It's like some kind of curse or disease from Star Trek.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The menu came from a quote from someone who was there. They also mentioned three kinds of cupcakes. 

Where is the dip for the veggies? Kelly Bates knows all the rations to feed 1000 people! 

Thanks!

How does one direct someone to use outdoor rented potties when they're in a house with 5 bathrooms?

Lock the downstairs bathroom doors and declare upstairs off limits.  I may have known someone who did this.  They had a barbecue for one of the after parties I think.  I am never impressed with people who have A and B lists of guests.  To me that is rude.  

• Love 19

I like the classic look that Jinger was going for, not sure if she totally hit it though. Her dress looks like it needed to be altered up top, it looked a tad bit big.

30 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if JRod was part of the after party....

Shhhh stop talking about her! I spent more time on her FB last night only to learn that now she is pimping some powered crap. She's excited y'all and you can click on her link to buy it.

• Love 2

It still sounds like a pretty swank affair compared to JillyMuffin's and Blessa's. I mean, the blessed event appears to have taken place in an actual Church that wasn't contracted by the same company that fabricated the TTH; the dress, while modest appears fairly modern. Baaaaabe doesn't look like pillowcase from Jana's sewing machine....and GASP, what may have been real (OK, real adjacent) food was served (even Tacos 5 Life would be a giant step forward).

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I like the classic look that Jinger was going for, not sure if she totally hit it though. Her dress looks like it needed to be altered up top, it looked a tad bit big.

If it was big, it was only by a tiny bit. I don't think she missed anything. The dress was classy and looked lovely on her, the flowers were beautiful, the colors of the bridesmaids dresses were all in the bouquets and the dresses flattered everyone, Jinger's hair was beautiful and I liked that all the girls had had some treatment done so they looked their best, I even liked Jer's suit. So far Jinger wins when it comes to Duggar weddings.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Clemgo3165 said:

If it was big, it was only by a tiny bit. I don't think she missed anything. The dress was classy and looked lovely on her, the flowers were beautiful, the colors of the bridesmaids dresses were all in the bouquets and the dresses flattered everyone, Jinger's hair was beautiful and I liked that all the girls had had some treatment done so they looked their best, I even liked Jer's suit. So far Jinger wins when it comes to Duggar weddings.

This is probably not her fault, loved her bridesmaid dresses but the choice of shoe they chose to wear with the dress doesn't scream classy to me.

46 minutes ago, Clemgo3165 said:

I Agree Jinger looks beautiful and she has an eye for details.  

Edited by amitville
  • Love 2

Like a true believer, JRod is "honoring" the pledge not to post wedding pics.  From FB:  

Joan Hutchings Apthorp October pics are fantastic, David Jill Noyes Rodrigues. Now we want lots of pics from yesterday's "mystery trip" cause I know where you were. Hope it was wonderful and we'll see you when it airs. ????

Like · 2 · Yesterday at 3:50am

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues Wish I could, but I want to honor their wishes of no pics posted on social media. ;) Love you, Joan Hutchings Apthorp! (P.S. ready to join me in Plexus yet? Would LOVE to have you on my team! ;)

Like · 9 hrs

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

This is probably not her fault, loved her bridesmaid dresses but the choice of shoe they chose to wear with the dress doesn't scream classy to me.

Probably more comfortable to stand in and you couldn't see them anyway for the most part. 

• Love 2

The Duggar girls have always been a disaster when it comes to footwear. Remember the dusty sandals they wore for Jill's wedding? 

In this case, all the girls were in different colors so I can kind of understand not wanting to buy shoes to go with a silver or magenta dress that you'll never wear again, but the casual wedges paired with the lacy gowns looks awful. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Clemgo3165 said:

Let's be honest, the bar was set pretty low by Jill & Jessa. Cheese & crackers is not the elegent sit down meal we were hoping for Babe & Cringe. Grade: D+ 

• Love 5

I don't watch the show--I just read stuff here to snark--but I would probably tune in for the shitshow that would be a Duggar-Rodriguez courtship.

And I am deeply ashamed of myself for that. LOL

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She was at the wedding. I meant that she didn't make the cut for the after-party. 

Do we have receipts? I sill think she just ships up st this stuff and they don't know each other. 

I think she'd scream it from the rooftops if they were at the after party,

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Let's be honest, the bar was set pretty low by Jill & Jessa. Cheese & crackers is not the elegent sit down meal we were hoping for Babe & Cringe. Grade: D+ 

It's a big fundie Duggar wedding in Arkansas. I for one never, for even a hot minute, imagined (or "hoped") that there would be a sit down meal, elegant or not. Regardless of what they do at Italian-American wedding receptions in Pennsylvania or NY. Two different worlds.

• Love 11