Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think Jinger and Jeremy look very nice, I love Jinger's dress. I bet Jessa helped her, its modest without being ruined by extra fabric

A little jelly of their honeymoon- I hope they have fun. Probably their only non kid vacation ever.

Also count me in on a rift with Amy and the Duggars...I don't think she would miss the wedding if they weren't on the outs. Kind of sad :-(

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7

I saw a pic of Famy at Jinger's shower not three weeks ago, so all was well then. I think it was just a conflict with the SEMA show out in Vegas that Dill had been committed to long before this wedding date was set. SEMA is a once-a-year deal and a huge deal for DUI Dill. BUT that said, why couldn't she have flown back a day early and left him to drive the truck back? The conference did end yesterday! No reason for them to linger in Vegas today, really. They were just there like 6 months ago. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Correction: Joy is in a brown dress, and I think Jeremy's sister is next to her in deep red. Same dress in different colors for the wedding party? I see Jana, but only her face. Ben's in a suit and I see a boutinerre hiding behind (likely) Jessa's bouquet, so both were in the wedding party. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Correction: Joy is in a brown dress, and I think Jeremy's sister is next to her in deep red. Same dress in different colors for the wedding party? I see Jana, but only her face. 

Jill is in lavender?

• Love 1

There's a pic from the DailyMail site where it's clear from the profile that the dress was a sleeveless one that they added some kind of insert to to make it modest. That always looks awkward to me. Do modest dresses not exist off the rack, or is it easier/cheaper to do it this way? So far the only dress that I think looked really good was Jessa's because hers was made that way.

jinj.jpg

Edited by graefin
1 hour ago, Darknight said:

I wonder if these girls know what hpv is?

It's kinda cool yet gross to think when a Duggar loses their v card and will get pregnant. Imagine Jessa, Jill, Jinger pregnant all at the same time.

I'd rather NOT! Enough mindless breeding already.

• Love 3

So, TLC's not showing the entire wedding as a VSE on the 15th after all. From their site: 

Get a glimpse into Jinger and Jeremy's wedding during a special episode of "Counting On" on Tuesday, November 15 at 8/7c.

I posted the full article (no new info except what I just posted) in the media thread. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Wait...is that a Duggar daughter with...styled hair? Amazing. Loose hair with formal gowns is a huge peeve of mine. She looks so pretty with the updo and toned down make-up, though tired. Must have been a long week prepping for the wedding. I like what I can see of the dress, though it doesn't look like Jinger to me. I have no idea what I was expecting, but something with such a classic style wasn't it. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, graefin said:

There's a pic from the DailyMail site where it's clear from the profile that the dress was a sleeveless one that they added some kind of insert to to make it modest. That always looks awkward to me. Do modest dresses not exist off the rack, or is it easier/cheaper to do it this way? So far the only dress that I think looked really good was Jessa's because hers was made that way.

jinj.jpg

IMO the dress hasn't been altered for modesty.  I think it was like that when she bought it, but I may be wrong.  They're a handsome couple.  I'm very envious of their honeymoon destination.  I would kill to go to Australia/New Zealand.  I'm also praying she doesn't get pregnant for, at least, a couple of years.  I'd like to see her enjoy life without kids for the first time ever!

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's already been posted to their blog. Is Jeremy really sitting around posting stuff or do they have someone running the site for them?

The sex took about 30 seconds and then they had some free time with no clue how to actually talk to each other.

• Love 10

I hope it's someone running it for them, though reiterating my ranting from earlier, I find it offputting that in the midst of all of the other planning that comes with a wedding, a honeymoon, and what I assume will be a move (of Jinger moving to Texas or him moving to Arkansas) that the debut of a new website and prompt posting on it was this much of a priority. 

I'm definitely not cut out for life as a "small screen sensation." ;)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO the dress hasn't been altered for modesty.  I think it was like that when she bought it, but I may be wrong.  They're a handsome couple.  I'm very envious of their honeymoon destination.  I would kill to go to Australia/New Zealand.  I'm also praying she doesn't get pregnant for, at least, a couple of years.  I'd like to see her enjoy life without kids for the first time ever!

Yeah, I think it's just a tank dress with lace overlay. In the video, it's hard to tell if it's been altered from strapless because the camera doesn't go that low on her body. 

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa apparently posted something to her Instagram. Can someone upload it here? I can't see direct posts. 

I think it's just the same picture that was in the People article, complete with the written permission disclaimer. Jessa is also pimping out their new website. Here's her description: 

Ahhhhhh! ??? So happy for my sister and brother-in-law! The wedding was beautiful! :link in bio:
www.JingerAndJeremy.com

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This scares me. They have been married five minutes, and he already has the death grasp on her, and that weird, franticness where he sort of stares down at her while rapidly eyeball scanning every word she says, while she stares in his eyes desperately searching to make sure she's saying the approved phrases. Jim Bob does it, Gil Bates does it, David Waller Does it, don't remember if Josh does it, but it's a GIANT RED FLAG that these guys are control freaks. Jeremy is going to be far more controlling - er The Headship - than any of these guys. Bin and Derrick may be unfocused grifting goofballs, but neither of them come off as scary controlling.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Maybe it's not so bad since they've been raised with the concept that they'll remain untouched until marriage and then it'll be a race to see how soon they can get pregnant.  And maybe it's not so bad since they've had camera's shoved in their faces for the past decade or more.  But if it were me I'd be mad as hell and terribly embarassed.

Think of what Princess Diana went through when her own uncle announced that "she'd never taken a lover" (the royal family is said to have had Diana visit the royal gynocologist a week or two before the wedding, supposedly to insure that there were no obvious reasons she couldn't bear children, but the medical report also is said to have noted that she had an intact hymen).  Then, Diana's wedding was broadcast to the world and was watched by 750 million people.  That's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old young woman.

Jinger will only have a million or two people watching and elbowing each other as they contemplate her first sexual experience that will most likely take place in just a few short hours.  Soon after that, possibly the next morning, she'll be shoved in front of TLC's camera's to blush sweetly so she can shyly assure the masses that everything went according to plan.  The mysteries of love were laid bare, she had a wonderful time, her parent's teachings were correct, and she looks forward to God's first blessing.

I'd have more respect if she and Jeremy just smiled and said that they talked for awhile, made sandwiches together, and cuddled before they went to sleep.  Repeat every time until people get tired of asking "How did it go?".

It may be happening RIGHT NOW. ARGH!!!! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm not sure that three 30-second events would make me much happier than one, actually.

Yeah, but when you are madly in love, and it is all too new and exciting, I think they would be fine. Ahhhhh, memories!

• Love 7

Maybe someone told Jing that the paps were out there taking pictures hence why she looks worried. I think she is banking on the pictures/story that they sold to People to get them through life for a while.

• Love 5

Ginger looked beautiful.  I love her dress.  I am just going to say it, when it comes to husbands, I think Jinger did way better than Jill and Jessa.   Given that Jeremy is Italian, I am willing to bet that instead of cupcakes and melted ice cream, there were real food at the reception. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Very pretty, but forced smile.

I guess the forced smile isn't surprising. Jinger doesn't strike me as a person who'd be able to relax in this kind of hullabaloo. Not a lot of people really can, if it comes to that, I guess. I don't think I could.

• Love 8

Is there a photo of the entire gown? All I've seen are from the waist up, and a blurry one of someone carrying a train. I'm undecided until I see the whole thing.

Someone please tell them to move the watermark lower or something, it's distracting.

• Love 2

Anna is next to Smuggar in the car pic, to our right. Her head is lowered, but it's definitely her. 

It was also correct to call Spurgie as one of the ring bearers in a wagon. His little tux is cute. Looks like he needs a nap, though. 

14937013_10210993519976150_541059669_n.jpg.318a0c3f4f1b0ae0975def1ba2c95e7f.jpg

Just now, Malvina said:

Red dress, Josh's right?

That's Jana. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna is next to Smuggar in the car pic, to our right. Her head is lowered, but it's definitely her. 

It was also correct to call Spurgie as one of the ring bearers in a wagon. His little tux is cute. Looks like he needs a nap, though. 

14937013_10210993519976150_541059669_n.jpg.318a0c3f4f1b0ae0975def1ba2c95e7f.jpg

That's Jana. 

Right, his left, my Bottle of Prosseco speaking right now.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess the forced smile isn't surprising. Jinger doesn't strike me as a person who'd be able to relax in this kind of hullabaloo. Not a lot of people really can, if it comes to that, I guess. I don't think I could.

I couldn't either, and thus would never have a wedding this size.

• Love 2