Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

I'm not in a position where I can get the pictures saved and posted, but CelebBuzz has some new paparazzi pictures.

I'm surprised the official People pictures haven't been released yet. 

Is that Hannie in the pink pastel dress?! She looks so grown-up, like a mixture of Jana and Jessa. Joy is several years past due for a good haircut. Mrs. Vuolo slayed in the navy gown, and Jinger was absolutely stunning. If I'm ranking Duggar brides, it's Jinger for the win. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Poor Jana & Joy had to be exhausted after helping out at the reception serving meatballs & then having to organize things for the after party. Probably had to watch various kiddos too.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if a Duggar actually lifted a finger to help at the reception. That was probably all church volunteers.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

It's a big fundie Duggar wedding in Arkansas. I for one never, for even a hot minute, imagined (or "hoped") that there would be a sit down meal, elegant or not. Regardless of what they do at Italian-American wedding receptions in Pennsylvania or NY. Two different worlds.

Sing it.  Some things are just not going to happen.  The absolute most the Duggars would have wandered into would have been a few finger sandwiches on a buffet.  The meat balls that they are supposed to have served was a huge step for Jim Bob and Michelle. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't watch the show--I just read stuff here to snark--but I would probably tune in for the shitshow that would be a Duggar-Rodriguez courtship.

And I am deeply ashamed of myself for that. LOL

It will NEVER happen because MEChelle is the star and no one can one up her in the famewhoring department.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

It will NEVER happen because MEChelle is the star and no one can one up her in the famewhoring department.

Yeah I agree. 

But oh what a soap opera it would be!  ;)

• Love 3

Anna and Priscilla did the same (presuming Jinger utilized church ladies to serve up the "food" rather than suckup volunteer "friends" that we saw being directed by Sierra at Jill and Jessa's weddings). They didn't belong to the church that held their weddings (and used the church ladies to make and serve real food). It's just a local sponsor church for Mike Keller's prison ministry. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bitter Betty said:

I'm not in a position where I can get the pictures saved and posted, but CelebBuzz has some new paparazzi pictures.

I'm surprised the official People pictures haven't been released yet. 

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I thought Hannie in the pink was Jill. Pic #4? I also think Jinger was the most stunning, /'s a good part of t was she didn't have three feet of dry hair floating everywhere.

Hannie looks just like Josiah to me.

I think Hansel has scabs on her face. And isn't quite as chesty

2195h1j.jpg

1zqq612.jpg

14v01mf.jpg

• Love 3

I also notice that the mystery girl and Joy's skirts are actually properly hemmed, at least for flats, which is what they probably requested. Valerie's dress also looks perfectly floor-length. Why then was Jana's dress so long?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Those bridesmaid dresses are so matronly looking and not very flattering.  The bottom part of the dress made the girls look wider than they are.  I like Jessa's color dress the best.

I also went with lace for my bridesmaid dresses. Attached is a pic of my bridal party.

Bridal party crop.jpg

• Love 12

I'm obsessed with the bridesmaid dresses and would probably wear one to a party if I could pass it off as a regular dress. I don't think they're frumpy at all, probably just not properly sized.

10 minutes ago, lianau said:

What happened to her shoes?

Please tell me those ar le her post wedding shoes. I have the exact same pair in the pic. They are $8 Walmart shoes that I bought to wear when we go on family fishing trips all summer (more like helping kids drown worms on a muddy creek bank than anything fancy). They have zero support, but they wash well and weren't as hot as tennis shoes and more clutz proof than flip flops.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, lianau said:

What happened to her shoes?

They're fundies. They're allergic to them. Especially ones appropriate for formal events like weddings. You'd think they'd have some; lord knows they attend enough weddings to justify the cost. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The menu came from a quote from someone who was there. They also mentioned three kinds of cupcakes. 

Where is the dip for the veggies? Kelly Bates knows all the rations to feed 1000 people! 

Was Kelly the one who based the rations on 2 tablespoons per person or am I thinking of someone else?

• Love 2

The bridesmaids dresses remind me of 1980s mother of the bride dresses.

Edit: my mistake, the dress actually looks alright on Jessa from that peeking through the curtain photo. She's also pregnant, so there's that.

Edited by DoctorWhovian
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2016 at 8:49 AM, Almost 3000 said:

I thought Jessa's dress was beautiful so I'm confused by several posters who say Jinger had the only nice Duggar dress. Now if we're talking bridesmaids, Jill and Jessa's were unfortunate. Jinger's fell into the extreme modest category that reminds me of some of the old "stay at home daughter" bloggers that used to be a thing before the fall of Vision Forum. I'd love to see Jinger's Pinterest board.

Actually, I liked all three dresses.  I am over the strapless look.  But that's just me.  I liked Jeremy's look better than Derick's or Ben's.

On 11/6/2016 at 10:46 AM, NewDigs said:

IMG_0381.JPG

It lives!

I hate it!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yes, maybe some frozen meatballs and boxed pasta to make it authentic. 

*raises hand* 3/4 Italian here AND grew up in Appalachian South, plus married to a 100% Sicilian (2nd gen born here, but while family speaks Italian, etc.) 

I think we're painting Jeremy as far more Philly Italian than he is. His family is evangelical, which usually means far less elaborate wedding than a catholic Big Fat Italian Wedding. Plus, he's the groom. He doesn't have a whole lot of say in what the bride's family does for the reception. 

Now the Duggars are still stingy with wedding food, but I'd never expect a plated meal, stations, open bar, a band, etc. 

Also - while frozen meatballs would be an abomination to even most marginal Italians, boxed pasta is the norm. Fresh pasta takes so long, then unless you're a hipster foodie, fresh pasta happens at Christmas, not many other times, and especially not when you're serving 1000 guests. 

• Love 11

I actually liked Jessa's wedding dress better.  I do like the updo with the dress, but then I think prior to courting Jinger wore more updos in general.

It definitely seems they're stepping up for this wedding. Non-dessert food!  Long bridesmaid dresses. I like these the best. They seem formal and needed no alterations. Jill's bridesmaid were dressed like cartoons of Jesus. Plus, the alterations were time-consuming and didn't turn out well.  

I wonder if Jeremy's father helped pick the church since the officiant usually I think gets some say in terms of where they will feel more comfortable. 

1000 people sounds like a lot but part of that is they invite families with children and most of the families are quiverful so it's about 150? families at most that they invited.  If each family has at least 4 or 5 kids plus the two parents that'll work and we know a lot of these people have more than 4 kids.  It's still a lot, but it sounds less if you think in terms of families rather than individual invitations.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And the pic of Joy standing next to Mrs. V, wow what a figure.

I honestly thought it was Kelly Clarkson wearing one of Adele's dresses.

The hair on all the Jgirls is appalling. Crossing into Warren Jeffs territory, if you ask me. Jinge's looked nice because it was tucked up and controlled.

Jessa's dress was probably too long because she ordered it bigger to accommodate the bump and then hiked up the front. She got the best color. The melange of colors was bad....Jinge should've picked a tone, like all lighter colors...or a color family, like all pink and red family. Too hodge-podgey.

Can't wait to see Mullet's dress. Mama Babe looked nice...I don't like beads because they usually scream "Mother of the Bride / Groom", but no jacket, so that's a plus.  Could've used some Spanx tho (see sideview pic). Otherwise....pretty.

I liked Babe's patterny get-up, but year's from now he's going to look dated in the pix, while Jinge will not. My bridal-business friend said that Kate Middleton brought back sleeves, so Jinge is trendy yet classic. Good job, Jinge. Oh wait, that IS her only job.

So...Babe Jr in mid-summer?

• Love 3

I'm really shocked that Amy wasn't there. It seems like there was a clear snub, but whether it was on the Duggars' part by not inviting her/not having her in the bridal party, or whether it was on her part by not leaving Vegas early, I think it could be a sign of a rift. Or it  could may well be that Amy's trip was planned before the wedding date and there's no drama.

It also seems telling that she has not been in any of the bridal parties. The Hartonos and Anna both got to be in the  bridal parties before Amy.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2

Amy had sex before marriage, she's probably the equivalent of Satan's Whore to Boob and Michelle. If everyone knew Amy wasn't a virgin maybe they'd speculate that Jill, Jinger or Jessa had been deflowered prior to their wedding night. The family's good name and reputation could be disgraced (insert obvious Smuggar joke here).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

I hate it!

This quote is regarding Derick's man bun.  I hate them, too.  He should have shaved his neck so it would look cleaner.  Sadly, however, it still looks like he spent more time on his hair than Jill did on hers.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Amy had sex before marriage, she's probably the equivalent of Satan's Whore to Boob and Michelle. If everyone knew Amy wasn't a virgin maybe they'd speculate that Jill, Jinger or Jessa had been deflowered prior to their wedding night. The family's good name and reputation could be disgraced (insert obvious Smuggar joke here).

IIRC, the Duggars - Boob, Michelle, and kids - attended Amy's wedding last year. I think Amy also attended - more recently - a bridal shower for Jinger. I don't think she's in some kind of exile in "Satan's Whore" land, whatever the specific reason she wasn't at Jinger's wedding.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mrs. P. said:

Have there been any sightings of Michelle in her Mother of the Bride dress? We've seen how classy Jeremy's mom looked. I'm really curious to see if Michelle measured up.

Jeremy's mom is cultured and I'm sure has plenty of experience going to formal functions when she plays her music so she knows better. MEChelle not so much, nor does she want to learn, Her 1980's look is her 'trademark" why change it?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

*raises hand* 3/4 Italian here AND grew up in Appalachian South, plus married to a 100% Sicilian (2nd gen born here, but while family speaks Italian, etc.) 

I think we're painting Jeremy as far more Philly Italian than he is. His family is evangelical, which usually means far less elaborate wedding than a catholic Big Fat Italian Wedding. Plus, he's the groom. He doesn't have a whole lot of say in what the bride's family does for the reception. 

Now the Duggars are still stingy with wedding food, but I'd never expect a plated meal, stations, open bar, a band, etc. 

Also - while frozen meatballs would be an abomination to even most marginal Italians, boxed pasta is the norm. Fresh pasta takes so long, then unless you're a hipster foodie, fresh pasta happens at Christmas, not many other times, and especially not when you're serving 1000 guests. 

Thanks for your input. I suspected this was the case - Jeremy's evangelical family not being all that "Philly Italian" when it comes to elaborate weddings. And even if it's not the Duggars, the bride's family generally calls the shots on the reception (since they're usually paying for it). 

The food info is interesting, too. 

7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think jrod was invited. Even the Duggars know carnie trash grifting and don't want a boy ensnared by one of Jrod's Olive Oyl for Jesus daughters. 

Hey razzleberry! I've been watching these idiots from the get go, but who is Jrod? And what's her/his deal?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

This quote is regarding Derick's man bun.  I hate them, too.  He should have shaved his neck so it would look cleaner.  Sadly, however, it still looks like he spent more time on his hair than Jill did on hers.

Those Gothard -beloved banana curls don't just curl themselves!  We've seen countless screen time of Jessa spiraling those long, hideous curling iron curls while Ben cooks breakfast.  Ginger practically missing airplanes just so she can spend another hour fussing over her ratty, curled, teased hair.  Remember how long Jill spent on her hair getting ready for their anniversary dinner?  Those girls and Michelle spend HOURS making their locks look lackluster.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Bunnygirl said:

Hey razzleberry! I've been watching these idiots from the get go, but who is Jrod? And what's her/his deal?

I'm not @RazzleberryPie but I'll help out here. Jrod = Jill Rodrigues, a fame-chasing fundie with a husband and load of kids who live all squished into an RV and constantly roam the country "visiting" churches and folks because they are of course a "ministry." @Arwen Evenstar explained them, and some of the others in the Duggars' outer circles, in a post a few pages back: 

As noted in that post, "Just remember, you're only allowed to talk about these families as they pertain to their actual appearance on the show and the capacity with which they were on the show. Most of this  would go on the Sweet Fellowship topic. Though the mods permit a bit of latitude from time to time, if we tarry too long, we will be asked to get back on topic."

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

I know I'll get in trouble for this but truly Jill and her family is the gift that keeps on giving. Warning, many hours of reading her blog will leave you scarred for life.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I'm really shocked that Amy wasn't there. It seems like there was a clear snub, but whether it was on the Duggars' part by not inviting her/not having her in the bridal party, or whether it was on her part by not leaving Vegas early, I think it could be a sign of a rift. Or it  could may well be that Amy's trip was planned before the wedding date and there's no drama.

It also seems telling that she has not been in any of the bridal parties. The Hartonos and Anna both got to be in the  bridal parties before Amy.

Amy was at the bridal shower. They are on a picture together.

9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Before taking in Rodriguii talk to the appropriate thread, have they ever been on the 19kids show?

Thanks guys. I've been hate watching these morons since 14 kids and....but I'm not NEARLY as knowledgeable as some of you about most of their Social Barnacles they call friends. I guess I need to go back and catch up.

1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

Wonder what JB thinks of the bun.  The only ones we know he likes are those in the oven.

• Love 12

I'm in Pensacola, and Renee's has a fairly good reputation around town.  

FWIW, I think those "bridesmaids" dresses were originally designed for MOB or MOG dresses.  A neighbor of mine wore the exact dress in dark green for her son's wedding last year.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I love it, not because I find it remotely attractive; but for the tiny spark of independence/defiance of Gothard standards it represents.

• Love 16