Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What do hipsters use to hold up the bum? I just made one for fun, but I don't think it will last 5 minutes without some sort of fastening.

A hipster I know uses two rubber bands. I'll bet lots of men do. I think women's buns require magic of some kind.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Arwen:  Orange zest truffle butter? Mmmmmkay.  Careful what you post, Amy...  According to the Urban Dictionary, that's something entirely gross. 

Yep, I gotta look this up now.  Um ick.

If she said a butter sauce with orange zest and truffle, it wouldn't have been a fail. Nicki Minaj even made a song about it.

• Love 3
On 11/7/2016 at 4:12 PM, Kokapetl said:

So sparkly

I wonder what Mom & Dad Vuolo thought of the Duggar's choice of clothing & shoes.  I like how his tie complimented the sparkly part of her dress.  Looks soooooo much better than the matchy matchy shirts J & M prefer. Hope they took notice.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Arwen:  Orange zest truffle butter? Mmmmmkay.  Careful what you post, Amy...  According to the Urban Dictionary, that's something entirely gross. 

Yep, I gotta look this up now.  Um ick.

*looks up in Urban Dictionary*

*clears history immediately*

• Love 4

Among the little girls Jill was/is Jennifer/Jenny's buddy. Jessa was/is Jordyn's buddy.Jana was/is Josie's buddy.

Logically that would make Hannie Jinger's buddy.  Or Jana was Hannie's buddy until Josie was born and then Hannie went to Jinger. 

I think that's right. I feel silly knowing all that.  I still wouldn't know except as each girl gets married  it gets discussed whose buddy was whose. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, lulu69 said:

That's what I originally thought as well, but then where do lilac, pale pink and gray fit in? It's as if Jinger looked at the swatch chart for that dress and said 'just give me one of everything'. I'm really interested in seeing the formal bridal party pics to see how it all comes together.

I work retail, and surprisingly those colors seem to be on-trend this fall, and have to say I'm a fan.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lemur said:

His people seem like they eat jarred sauce.  I think a lot of people saw the last name, saw that he's from the Philadelphia area (but *not* Philadelphia - yes, there's a difference) and started up with the stereotypes.  

Now I'm picturing "your family eats jarred sauce!" as an Italian insult.  :)

And maybe the Duggars look sad because Jinger is marrying someone who isn't fundie or holy enough for their liking.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

OMG Duggars what got into you? You can see Bras through the dress. You should of sprung for new nude ones.

I think it would be ungodly to buy "nude" bras, don't you?

Probably the same goes for "nude" pumps. So immodest.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it would be ungodly to buy "nude" bras, don't you?

Probably the same goes for "nude" pumps. So immodest.

Yup, but of course saggy boobs and bare feet are fine & godly. Duggar logic 101

• Love 7

So ... it would have been impossible to film the wedding for the show and not capture footage of the Rodrigues clan.  Right?  There are just too damn many of them to miss.  PLEASE let them manage to make a spectacle of themselves somehow and be a real presence on the show so we can be allowed to talk about them in the Sweet Fellowship thread! 

I'm thinking the reason Jinjer looked so troubled when she was leaving the church is because she spotted their stinkbus in the parking lot and wanted to cry.  Maybe it will be a big thing on the show /crosses fingers/

ps speaking of their stinkbus, Jill's facebook is full of pictures of her family crammed in theirs watching the election results last night.  Praying their asses off for you-know-who. It's a sickening display that should not be missed by anyone who is a fan of sp. Rodriguii. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 14

I give the Duggar gang a pass on the not smiling pictures. Remember these kids were raised not to show emotion so when they do get the chance to smile, it looks forced which it is. They have rarely been shown smiling a true smile, the kind that radiates to your eyes. The picture of them leaving the church was probably taken by a paparazzi photographer who was hiding in a bush in the distance. Not exactly a flattering shot.  Also I'm sure Jinge was overwhelmed the whole wedding day (&night).  She was never one of the girls who had been in the spotlight.

On a side note:  I am a happy smiley type person & remember my mouth really hurt at the end of my wedding day because of all the smiling I did.  (Genuine smiles, by the way).  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I give the Duggar gang a pass on the not smiling pictures. Remember these kids were raised not to show emotion so when they do get the chance to smile, it looks forced which it is. They have rarely been shown smiling a true smile, the kind that radiates to your eyes. The picture of them leaving the church was probably taken by a paparazzi photographer who was hiding in a bush in the distance. Not exactly a flattering shot.  Also I'm sure Jinge was overwhelmed the whole wedding day (&night).  She was never one of the girls who had been in the spotlight.

On a side note:  I am a happy smiley type person & remember my mouth really hurt at the end of my wedding day because of all the smiling I did.  (Genuine smiles, by the way).  

Yes, I've been thinking about the photos we've seen so far and we have yet to see the professional wedding photos. Getting through a filmed for TV "Wedding Special" would be tense for just about anyone. Anyway, I'm still waiting for pixs of the multi maid's line up and MOB. Other than that, I'm good. Hope Jinger is happy.

• Love 1

Jeremy really should've worn a tux. The blue pinstriped suit was way too informal compared to Jinger's gown. I love that Jinger wore colorful heels, though. Very anti-Duggar.

Michelle doesn't look as awful as I thought she would dress-wise. Her dead poodle mop is still a crime against humanity.

I like the multi-colored bridesmaids dresses. Somehow the colors all worked. I guess Anna was a bridesmaid after all, and quelle surprise! Jinger has a black friend?! Or is she from Jeremy's side?

Eta: Ugh. And gag me with Michelle's quote about Jinger and Jeremy being perfect for one another because he's such a strong leader and she's a gentle follower. Way to set us back two hundred years, J'Chelle.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
34 minutes ago, Absolom said:

http://people.com/celebrity/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-wedding-day-details/

There are more photos there.  That is some train on that dress.

Michelle did indeed wear purple. 

So matron of honor Jessa and mob MEchelle wore the same color?

Also, in the article MEchelle says JinJer are a good match bc Jer is such a strong leader & Jin is a good follower. Thanks mom.... 

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 2

Aww too bad so sad Sierra, "event planner Christina" was the go to for this wedding.  I wonder if Sierra was fuming the whole time!  Love Jinger's heels. I want to see the reception and how the food was laid out (I hope this episode gets posted on YouTube, I don't get this channel anymore)  I wish the happy couple nothing but the best 

• Love 5

Also, in the article MEchelle says JinJer are a good match bc Jer is such a strong leader & Jin is a good follower. Thanks mom.... 

I cringed when I got to that part of the article. I'm guessing "good follower" means Jinger won't ever try to have an independent thought or make a decision. If you're planning to do everything the guy says, shouldn't you date him longer before you commit??

• Love 5

I know I would kill myself in those heels Jinger wore, but I love them, so bright and colorful, something you don't see often enough in this family.  I've always said if I ever get married I want to wear blue shoes (as my something blue). 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can't view the pictures but a 13 foot train is looooooong, lol.

I'm surprised JB and M didn't make get her one 19 feet long. Woulda had more PR value. And what's six extra feet when you're dragging something the length of a room down the aisle already?

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Eta: Ugh. And gag me with Michelle's quote about Jinger and Jeremy being perfect for one another because he's such a strong leader and she's a gentle follower. Way to set us back two hundred years, J'Chelle.

Darn. Because she was trying for 400.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Ok I'm conflicted. Love that Jinger wore real heels. Hate that they look like spring clearance rack shoes.

Love the cake. It looks delicious and pretty. The wooden Little People cake topper, not my thing, but it works with the cake.

The bridesmaid dresses look good together. They actually had favors.

I HATE that Jinger is moving from Jessa's doormat to Jeremy's doormat.

• Love 8

I hope they served more than pickled okra, cheese & crackers, and meatballs.  They had money to pay an event planner, but they only served those items at the reception?  They have this big family, where most of them don't have real jobs, they could've planned it themselves.

I planned my wedding in a few weeks myself and we had a formal sit down lunch reception that included cocktail hour (to save money).  Hubby was in charge of getting a DJ.  That's another thing I can't understand is not having any music.

• Love 2

i LOVED her shoes! and at least she wore shoes.....i actually have higher hope for her than i did with jill or jessa. i think her life is gonna change in such a good way (and not the obvious that i know ya'll are thinking). she may finally see what they have all missed out on growing up so self-contained.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

Everyone didn't have a matching dress partner unless some aren't pictured

IMG_7488.PNG

Maybe it's my eyes, but I don't think anybody had a matching-dress partner. I actually think each color is slightly different. Which makes a lot more sense to me than having some pairs and some singles, actually. It's more like a spectrum -- from browns through reds through purpley-blues. I really like it.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Readalot said:

Aww too bad so sad Sierra, "event planner Christina" was the go to for this wedding.  I wonder if Sierra was fuming the whole time!  Love Jinger's heels. I want to see the reception and how the food was laid out (I hope this episode gets posted on YouTube, I don't get this channel anymore)  I wish the happy couple nothing but the best 

I am glad someone mentioned Sierra because it reminded me of something.  I finally figured out who she reminds me of.  Its the self tanner lady from the Birch Box commercials.  That's all.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's my eyes, but I don't think anybody had a matching-dress partner. I actually think each color is slightly different. Which makes a lot more sense to me than having some pairs and some singles, actually. It's more like a spectrum -- from browns through reds through purpley-blues. I really like it.

Yes maybe they are all completely different. Jill and Jana colors are really different.

4 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

Yes maybe they are all completely different. Jill and Jana colors are really different.

Yep. The differences are subtle, so when the dresses aren't all there together, it looked as if some were the same. But when they're all in a row like that, you can see that the three browns are all slightly different. And Anna's red is a bit crimson/cranberry while Jenny Hartono's has more of a scarlet tinge. Good grief, a Duggar sought subtle beauty. Amazing.

• Love 15