Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

It must have been one of the other weddings now that my brain is working. Grandma had a lady next to her, an older lady. I got mixed up with weddings, lol. Still want to know who she is though!

Found it. It was Jessa's.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jessa+duggar+wedding+ceremony+photos&client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-US&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD6OOBu6TQAhXK4CYKHcy_BGEQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#imgrc=PzKwOeVbEBx7TM%3A

Edited by ginger90
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think Jeremy is gay, just one of those preachers who obsessed over what he struggled with = dealing with sexual desires. Now that he's married, he will calm down. 

Or he'll eventually give us a scandal that makes Josh's Ashley Madison account look tame.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Michelle?

jinger-duggar-8.jpg?w=2250

Or the Paula Deen lookalike? Maci something. 

15078810_1053477711417704_29723390629758

That's Marci Dauer, the kind supplier of all of these reception/after-party pictures. Her youngest son is the ever-creepy Cooper. 

Anyone know what portion of the honeymoon was going to be in New Zealand? They had a huge earthquake and tsunami overnight. I would hate( and I mean this) for these two and the film crew to get caught up in that. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Anyone know what portion of the honeymoon was going to be in New Zealand? They had a huge earthquake and tsunami overnight. I would hate( and I mean this) for these two and the film crew to get caught up in that. 

No idea but if they were somehow affected by it and came out unscathed I'm sure it's because the Lord blessed them, if they were damaged by it in it some way it's because the Lord works in Mysterious Ways.

• Love 10

I think overall, the wedding was nicely done.  Much classier and more put together than Jill and Jessa.   Anna's wedding was OK.

A- for a Duggar wedding.   

B+ for the real world.  She lost real world points for terrible shoes on all the males.  Jeremy should've had a tux. Jim Bob's suit was sloppy.  Suspenders didn't work for the males.  

No mention of Gil and Kelly Bates? 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

As long as he doesn't top Josh's other scandal, I'm ok with that.

Hell, I'm actively looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, Defrauder said:

No idea but if they were somehow affected by it and came out unscathed I'm sure it's because the Lord blessed them, if they were damaged by it in it some way it's because the Lord works in Mysterious Ways.

No, no, no, it would be the work of Satan because they are too godly for the Lord to ever do something like that to them. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Hell, I'm actively looking forward to it. 

No, no, no, it would be the work of Satan because they are too godly for the Lord to ever do something like that to them. 

I'm not sure they would give earthquake power to Satan since God is the cause of massive floods and things like that, so they'd have to come up with an excuse for God letting the earthquake hurt them.  Come to think of it they would probably blame New Zealand somehow, God punishing New Zealand for something and holy Cringe and Babe were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

I'm not sure they would give earthquake power to Satan since God is the cause of massive floods and things like that, so they'd have to come up with an excuse for God letting the earthquake hurt them.  Come to think of it they would probably blame New Zealand somehow, God punishing New Zealand for something and holy Cringe and Babe were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think some Fundies blamed Katrina on New Orleans for "loving gays".

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, Absolom said:

I wonder if she sold any Plexus during the after party?

She was probably too busy wrangling introductions to the TLC staffers there and pitching them on doing a show about her family. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think some Fundies blamed Katrina on New Orleans for "loving gays".

New Zealand quite famously approved gay marriage legislatively a few years ago. Standing ovation by virtually all the lawmakers for the bill's passage and weeping on the parliamentary floor as I recall. So -- the door is open.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's Marci Dauer, the kind supplier of all of these reception/after-party pictures. Her youngest son is the ever-creepy Cooper. 

I want to know more about creepy Cooper. Can someone tell me in the friends thread, please!? TIA

• Love 2
On 11/12/2016 at 9:34 AM, Malvina said:

The top picture looks like Joy and Carlin Bates.  Not sure who the baby belongs to.  Could be Erin Bates new little girl.  I hate those cabbages they put on the baby girls.  Had a huge 'discussion' with my daughter about the ones on my granddaughter.  Hope she grows up and says to her mom, 'What the heck were you thinking?'

• Love 2

Marci Dauer's (public) FB page had some photos of a few details I'm curious about. On the stage at the reception and on the cupcake table they had pictures of a bride and a bridal couple. Looks like older pictures.  I know it's a trend to put pictures of the bride and groom's parents' wedding out as decor but, you know, it's usually BOTH sets of parents. Should we assume J&M didn't get bridal portraits or have a cake? It's kind of awkward just featuring one set of parents.

I'm also curious that it looks like the Dauers gave J&J a can of paint as a gift?

15039735_827355547404896_6168427912370713244_o.jpg

15042032_827355624071555_1276984040073583059_o.jpg

14976424_827354974071620_7829753728634400272_o.jpg

Edited by Bitter Betty
  • Love 1

I'm presuming they had various vintage wedding pics from family members throughout the venue - we've just seen one on the stage, one with the cupcake tables, etc.

The paint can is a big trend now - it's not an old can - people write messages or notes, they're sealed up in the can, and the couple opens it on an anniversary. It's cute.

I seriously don't like defending the Duggs & Co, but they take a beating over everything they do - the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I know it comes with the territory, and it's hard to see good when they're so obnoxious.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm presuming they had various vintage wedding pics from family members throughout the venue - we've just seen one on the stage, one with the cupcake tables, etc.

The paint can is a big trend now - it's not an old can - people write messages or notes, they're sealed up in the can, and the couple opens it on an anniversary. It's cute.

I seriously don't like defending the Duggs & Co, but they take a beating over everything they do - the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I know it comes with the territory, and it's hard to see good when they're so obnoxious.

I'm really not trying to beat on them, I was just curious. I did not know about the paint can thing. Thank you for the info!

• Love 4

Now here's something I don't understand, and this isn't exclusive to fundies - why do these people always have pics of little girls in dresses and leggings, but no socks? (Oh, wait, house elves, I forgot). Seriously, I see this all the time with people from a lot of walks of life. I get that little girls want to wear dresses (quite a few of them do), and leggings are more comfortable than tights when it's cold and their legs need covered. BUT - why do they not have socks on with their shoes? Doesn't that stink up the shoes and make them have cold feet?

1 minute ago, Bitter Betty said:

I'm really not trying to beat on them, I was just curious. I did not know about the paint can thing. Thank you for the info!

I'm not singling you out, and sorry if it came off that way. There have been multiple posts about them getting old paint from cheap guests, cans being stupid, etc. I didn't do that at my wedding, but I get why they wanted to do it.  The cake discussion either seemed to be love it or hate it. I thought it looked delicious. It had very little frosting and lots of fruit, so it looked great to me.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

that was my first thought when i heard about the earthquake and tsunami. i hope they are all safe....

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Now here's something I don't understand, and this isn't exclusive to fundies - why do these people always have pics of little girls in dresses and leggings, but no socks? (Oh, wait, house elves, I forgot). Seriously, I see this all the time with people from a lot of walks of life. I get that little girls want to wear dresses (quite a few of them do), and leggings are more comfortable than tights when it's cold and their legs need covered. BUT - why do they not have socks on with their shoes? Doesn't that stink up the shoes and make them have cold feet?

I'm not singling you out, and sorry if it came off that way. There have been multiple posts about them getting old paint from cheap guests, cans being stupid, etc. I didn't do that at my wedding, but I get why they wanted to do it.  The cake discussion either seemed to be love it or hate it. I thought it looked delicious. It had very little frosting and lots of fruit, so it looked great to me.

I personally am neutral about the cake and made no comment on it either way. I merely posted that it had been seen and debated. That's it. I assume that the poster hadn't been on the boards for a while and missed the photo spread, which would be easy to do since this board moves very quickly.

I had no clue what to think about the paint can. I'm not up on bridal Pinterest trends, having had my wedding over 20 years ago, well before most people had home computers, let alone smartphones! LOL At any rate, I think it's a sweet idea.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

My guess is for events like a wedding, socks don't really go with the shoes? Do they still make the little frilly socks with ruffle-y lace at the top for girls? I only have nephews and until one of them has a kid, I've got no potential girls to shop for. As far as the smell, when they are that young, their feet won't be that stinky! LOL! I'm just glad to see so many of the fundy girls wearing leggings. To me it almost make it seem like the girls can actually play and be a regular kid, crawling around, climbing on stuff, not having to sit all prim and proper in the nightmare crap the Duggar girls used to wear incase they flip their dress up. 

From the pictures I've seen, I think Jinger had a beautiful wedding, even if it was slightly country mouse meets city mouse in the decor. Her dress was gorgeous, as was she. The bridesmaids matched her albeit a bit heavy looking and the colors worked with each other. Jeremy looked slightly underdressed, but would have almost been overdressed in a tux given the venues and the invited guests. His groomsmen fit the event even if the ushers looked a bit ragtag. I think the cake looked good and very pretty. I didn't know naked cakes were a thing, but I liked it. The cupcake table was an obvious step up from her sisters and I agree, there were probably a couple of sheet cakes to be cut too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Dontcha know, tights don't go well with flip flops.  OTOH, they can wear leggings and flip flops all year long, and go barefoot quite easily.  That way, they can be barefoot in the house, and put on those flip flops when they want to go outside, even in the winter.  I wonder how many pairs of flip flops are in that house?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bitter Betty said:

Marci Dauer's (public) FB page had some photos of a few details I'm curious about. On the stage at the reception and on the cupcake table they had pictures of a bride and a bridal couple. Looks like older pictures.  I know it's a trend to put pictures of the bride and groom's parents' wedding out as decor but, you know, it's usually BOTH sets of parents. Should we assume J&M didn't get bridal portraits or have a cake? It's kind of awkward just featuring one set of parents.

I'm also curious that it looks like the Dauers gave J&J a can of paint as a gift?

15039735_827355547404896_6168427912370713244_o.jpg

15042032_827355624071555_1276984040073583059_o.jpg

14976424_827354974071620_7829753728634400272_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The cake has been posted and debated over. It was part of the People spread. 

I think BB was referring to JB & MEchelle's wedding cake and why there were no photos displayed of them cutting cake on their wedding day displayed next to Jeremy's parents wedding day photos.

At least that's how I read it.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

My guess is for events like a wedding, socks don't really go with the shoes? Do they still make the little frilly socks with ruffle-y lace at the top for girls?

They definitely do and many are super fancy.  It must be a local thing or a Duggar thing.  My two year old granddaughter wears a raft load of leggings and always with socks.  In her pre-school class everyone wears socks.  She was a birthday party today and guess what?  Socks all around. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I think BB was referring to JB & MEchelle's wedding cake and why there were no photos displayed of them cutting cake on their wedding day displayed next to Jeremy's parents wedding day photos.

I read the post to mean that there weren't pics of the naked cake. If I misread it, my bad. 

To address the post above, I don't think those are Jeremy's parents in the cupcake table photo. I think that might have been JL and Mary. It looks much more 50's/early 60's (Deanna was born in 1962), plus Jeremy's mother is taller than his father. The picture of the bride on the stairs also looks older than a 1980's wedding. Maybe Grandma Vuolo? Or the other way around? At any rate, I'm trying to say, very badly, that it looks like they're honoring the grandparents. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I love the memory paint can thing.  Something they can look at & reminisce over for years to come. It has become sad when I look at my own wedding album & see how many people aren't with us anymore. 

I thought that may be Grandma Vuolo in the one picture too. 

Are there any pictures out there showing the wedding party incl the groomsmen?  I'd like to see what they wore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

Yep, this is what I meant. I wasn't referring to their cake, but the lone picture of Jeremy's parents that was hanging out around the cupcakes. 

18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

On 11/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, Kokapetl said:

Michelle?

jinger-duggar-8.jpg?w=2250

Or the Paula Deen lookalike? Maci something. 

15078810_1053477711417704_29723390629758

Grandma looks so nice in this picture.  She should have given MEchelle some fashion guidance of what (not) to wear at the after party.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I love the memory paint can thing.  Something they can look at & reminisce over for years to come. It has become sad when I look at my own wedding album & see how many people aren't with us anymore. 

I thought that may be Grandma Vuolo in the one picture too. 

Are there any pictures out there showing the wedding party incl the groomsmen?  I'd like to see what they wore.

The only picture I saw of the groomsmen was a paparazzi picture, and it wasn't the entire group. The guys wore medium gray suits with blue polka dot ties. You can kind of see it in the picture Ben's in in which the couple is starting to drive off. The pics are on this thread somewhere. I think we've unearthed everything other than leghumper instagram pages that no one follows and not properly hashtagged. :D

Damn, Marci Dauer pulled all the pics. I did see one of Skylar Weiss over at FJ. He was the one who went to the gym with Smuggar in DC. Unfortunately, he's now steeped in ALERT and looks like a paramilitary ass. Duggar girls dodged a bullet there, although at 22, he's still age-appropriate for Joy. RUN JOY! RUN! 

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Damn, Marci Dauer pulled all the pics. I did see one of Skylar Weiss over at FJ. He was the one who went to the gym with Smuggar in DC. Unfortunately, he's now steeped in ALERT and looks like a paramilitary ass. Duggar girls dodged a bullet there, although at 22, he's still age-appropriate for Joy. RUN JOY! RUN! 

Maybe that's why he's there...

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Both of those old wedding photos look way older than the 1980s. More like 1950s or early 60s. They have to be grandparent photos.

I agree, maybe grandparents?  i frequently see pictures framed of family members that have passed away at receptions.

• Love 1

Why do people post pictures and then pull them down?  There was a no photography rule, wasn't there? So people ignored the rule, took pictures, posted them on social media and then got a nasty call from Jim Bob? 

Clearly photos of Jinger's wedding are worth money. The TLC cameras were there.  Duh. You would think friends of the Duggars would realize that and not post. It's just so obvious. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The only picture I saw of the groomsmen was a paparazzi picture, and it wasn't the entire group. The guys wore medium gray suits with blue polka dot ties. You can kind of see it in the picture Ben's in in which the couple is starting to drive off. The pics are on this thread somewhere. I think we've unearthed everything other than leghumper instagram pages that no one follows and not properly hashtagged. :D

Thanks Sew Sumi. I did scroll back & found the picture you referenced with Ben in it. It still would be nice to see a picture of the wedding party.  Wonder why they haven't shown us one? It's not like Smugs would be in it like the family picture.  Maybe they are saving it for when they do another wedding flashback show when Joy or whoever gets married next.