Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Josie is Jana's buddy, so this makes no sense at all. Hannie is Jinger's last buddy, so I get that selection. The fetus that was named Jubilee was going to be Jinger's. 

Jana is so over the child rearing, and I don't blame her. Bad enough to have to raise all the other buddies, but then be the teenager stuck with the preemie and all the issues that came along with that? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jana is so over the child rearing, and I don't blame her. Bad enough to have to raise all the other buddies, but then be the teenager stuck with the preemie and all the issues that came along with that? 

And now she'll be raising all the grandkids. I doubt anyone else helps out when Anna, Jill and Jessa swing by the TTH to dump their spawn.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

And now she'll be raising all the grandkids. I doubt anyone else helps out when Anna, Jill and Jessa swing by the TTH to dump their spawn.

The thing is I think she's turned her buddies loose and won't be doing much with the grandkids. Jana would rather fix toilets and whatever. Maybe her plan with the tree house is to make it livable so she can have her own space. I don't blame her.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

That's a good point, Sew. Jill and Jessa had Sierra Jo. I think Sierra is adequate for a birthday party or shower but NOT a wedding. That's way over her skills level, especially for 1000 people of a "famous family". That's a huge job, quite honestly.  

I agree. Parties that large are usually handled by a professional event planner with her own staff, not an overworked mother of five trying to cater for 1,000 on a shoestring budget. There's just way too many elements to coordinate and if you don't have good volunteers, the result will be a disaster. Hence Jill's root beer float debacle. 

• Love 4

Just read the full People article and no wonder this wedding was classier than other Duggar weddings...Jeremy planned it (with an event planner).

"I told her that I like a long train," Jeremy says of Jinger's Renee Miller dress.  "I knew she was going to be stunning."

"Jeremy was very willing to jump in and take the load off me," says Jinger of the wedding-planning process. "He was a big help!"

"For the theme at their reception, the idea was to bring the outdoors in," says event planner Christina Moore. "Jinger really loves the fall landscape and colors."

• Love 6

"As Jinger and I reflected on our wedding day, we became so filled with joy and excitement that we had to share these photos with our friends and families!"

ha. Love how this is phrased on their blog! Makes it sound like reviewing and posting the photos was an orgasmic experience!  

• Love 3

Ben and Jessa were both in the wedding party, and Ben was waaay down the line from Jessa, so he would have had to sprint all the way up the aisle to get to her because she'd be pretty much out of the church by the time he got to the bottom of the stairs. As for Smuggar, I'm sure TLC made sure to warn him about the consequences of showing his face on camera. I noticed that they cropped the Duggar side of the Duggar/Vuolo family greeting on the dais after the church had emptied. Smuggar was probably told to stand far to "our" left, so the camera could pan more to the right, capturing at least Boob, Mechelle, Grandma, and a few Howlers who came over to hug the couple on the Duggar side. 

• Love 2

Those photos are nice. No wonder if the Duggars weren't involved in the planning. They have no taste,  no skills, no nothing frankly.

And now the light is already off her, because Joy has been thrown into the spotlight.

Being on telly is just terrible for anyone - it spoils you forever. And kids should never ever be put into the spotlight. The pressure is enormous.

• Love 5

I can't believe they're going to use the wedding dress shopping footage they shot in DC in January. She bought her dress in Pensacola, FL, but the preview matched pictures we saw over the summer. Oops! I wonder how TLC will cover up THAT gaffe?

• Love 2

"Jinger and Jeremy are just getting married, so we're going to give them time," Jessa said. "No pressure."

Who the fuck is *WE* and why do you think you are anyone to give them time to get pregnant? This is just another example of Jessa trying to make her family look better by responding to years-long criticisms and sounding even worse than we already believed. People have repeatedly said that the the kidults must feel intense pressure to get pregnant right away and the family is really shitty for exerting that pressure, so Jessa, aware of the internet chatter, thought she'd get ahead of the game and say that no, of course there's no rush for them to get pregnant and they're going to give them time before saying anything. So, SO stupid.

• Love 22
30 minutes ago, lascuba said:

"Jinger and Jeremy are just getting married, so we're going to give them time," Jessa said. "No pressure."

Who the fuck is *WE* and why do you think you are anyone to give them time to get pregnant? This is just another example of Jessa trying to make her family look better by responding to years-long criticisms and sounding even worse than we already believed. People have repeatedly said that the the kidults must feel intense pressure to get pregnant right away and the family is really shitty for exerting that pressure, so Jessa, aware of the internet chatter, thought she'd get ahead of the game and say that no, of course there's no rush for them to get pregnant and they're going to give them time before saying anything. So, SO stupid.

What's their definition of "time" anyway? Six months? My daughter has been married for five years and I get glared at if I even get excited about someone else's grandbaby! She sees that as "hint, hint"....

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What's their definition of "time" anyway? Six months? My daughter has been married for five years and I get glared at if I even get excited about someone else's grandbaby! She sees that as "hint, hint"....

She gets her first post wedding cycle off from pressure and then her chart goes up on the refrigerator and they time it around sweeps.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, sheshark said:

And Josie was as distracted as ever.  But why was Jessa's big yap open?

They were probably singing.

That said, it kinda looks like a summer stock production of The Sound of Music. 

• Love 4

Jinger might be okay with the spotlight shifting to Joy. She definitely wasn't as famewhorish as Jill and Jessa when it came to her wedding. No public registry, no Instagram, no address listed on her web page for fans to send "love offerings." I'd actually be interested to see Jinger's life in Laredo. I know she won't stray too far off the reservation, but we have seen some small steps in the right direction. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben and Jessa were both in the wedding party, and Ben was waaay down the line from Jessa, so he would have had to sprint all the way up the aisle to get to her because she'd be pretty much out of the church by the time he got to the bottom of the stairs. As for Smuggar, I'm sure TLC made sure to warn him about the consequences of showing his face on camera. I noticed that they cropped the Duggar side of the Duggar/Vuolo family greeting on the dais after the church had emptied. Smuggar was probably told to stand far to "our" left, so the camera could pan more to the right, capturing at least Boob, Mechelle, Grandma, and a few Howlers who came over to hug the couple on the Duggar side. 

Ben was also partnered with Hannie rather than one of the other adult bridesmaids. He couldn't very well risk Hannie's young soul by ditching her on the race back up the aisle. 

BTW, why do they insist on running to the back of the church? All three girls have done this. It really looks stupid to me - as if the bride and groom are too excited to wait and the bridal parties can't wait to get back there to watch. Skeeves me out.

• Love 8

I actually got a little indignant that Michelle stole the spotlight from Jinger to put it on Josie.  She invited her NICU nurse to the wedding just to put the flower crown on Josie's head.  Why?!?!?  Her birthday is Dec. 10.  And she went home from the hospital in the spring.  This was NOT an anniversary of any kind that we knew of, and it's clear that this is some sort of "make Josie feel even MORE special" thing that no one cares about other than Michelle.  Otherwise it would've been done along with the rest of the family.  It felt like Michelle snuck that in there for extra TLC footage and to get herself more face time.  

There was a HUGE focus on Josie this episode.  She is cute and all but this was supposed to be about JINGER.  And to a lesser extent, Jeremy ?.  Sorry, but this was Jinger's day to shine.  It should've stayed that way.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I actually got a little indignant that Michelle stole the spotlight from Jinger to put it on Josie.  She invited her NICU nurse to the wedding just to put the flower crown on Josie's head.  Why?!?!?  Her birthday is Dec. 10.  And she went home from the hospital in the spring.  This was NOT an anniversary of any kind that we knew of, and it's clear that this is some sort of "make Josie feel even MORE special" thing that no one cares about other than Michelle.  Otherwise it would've been done along with the rest of the family.  It felt like Michelle snuck that in there for extra TLC footage and to get herself more face time.  

There was a HUGE focus on Josie this episode.  She is cute and all but this was supposed to be about JINGER.  And to a lesser extent, Jeremy ?.  Sorry, but this was Jinger's day to shine.  It should've stayed that way.

Maybe they are already looking for HER headship.  Jana will eventually leave and her birth parents can't be expected to finish raising her.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jinger has been married four whole days. Four. DAYS. These people are nuts.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

She gets her first post wedding cycle off from pressure and then her chart goes up on the refrigerator and they time it around sweeps.

Then they only have two months in time to make a February Sweeps peestick is still wet announcement. 

The sad thing is, I expect it to happen. The show will be on, and they always time their announcements around episodes for a hoped-for ratings boost.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Clemgo3165 said:

BTW, why do they insist on running to the back of the church? All three girls have done this. It really looks stupid to me - as if the bride and groom are too excited to wait and the bridal parties can't wait to get back there to watch. Skeeves me out.

They have to hurry out to hang the bloody sheets.

22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Then they only have two months in time to make a February Sweeps peestick is still wet announcement. 

The sad thing is, I expect it to happen. The show will be on, and they always time their announcements around episodes for a hoped-for ratings boost.

Two months! See, no pressure!!!

• Love 5

And that's two months AT MOST!  She could get knocked up anytime between now and January and hold the announcement for Sweeps.

The next Sweeps period isn't until July, but I have little hope that an announcement would come 8 months after the wedding when these mega breeders are are concerned. It will happen long before then UNLESS there's a fertility issue (as I am beginning to suspect with Michael Bates).

• Love 4
On 11/15/2016 at 10:38 AM, Natalie68 said:

If they were there for the earthquake, she probably just thought the earth was moving due to her ahem, new experiences.

We experienced the 6.7 Nisqually earthquake in 2001. Believe me, they knew the difference in a big hurry if they were in the area.

17 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Just read the full People article and no wonder this wedding was classier than other Duggar weddings...Jeremy planned it (with an event planner).

So he "likes a long train," hm?

HE planned the wedding with a wedding planner?

I realize that we all have different gifts in life, but I seem to remember one other Duggar-adjacent groom getting that involved in the planning: TFDW. 

• Love 7

Forgot about May, but there also Sweeps in July. They didn't used to mean much, but now with different show scheduling, it means more. 

A 12 week announcement during May Sweeps (if there's a Season 4) is actually quite realistic for these people.

3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I don't watch Counting On but didn't do an all about Jill and an ab Jessa pre wedding show? Did they do one for Jinger?

On 11/15/2016 at 6:50 PM, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Mullet's hair is looking gross.  Would it have killed her to have an up do for once?  This is a WEDDING for Chrissakes!  Gross permullets not allowed. 

Don't you have a pair of scissors in your hands every time you watch the show? I do and dream of chopping it all off! lol

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

We experienced the 6.7 Nisqually earthquake in 2001. Believe me, they knew the difference in a big hurry if they were in the area.

So he "likes a long train," hm?

HE planned the wedding with a wedding planner?

I realize that we all have different gifts in life, but I seem to remember one other Duggar-adjacent groom getting that involved in the planning: TFDW. 

Babe has gone to plenty of Italian weddings in his life I'm sure, we are encouraged to have a long train. My mom wanted to add to my already long train by making it even longer but I declined since my dress was heavily beaded I couldn't carry any more weight.

After seeing the other girl's shit shows errrrr weddings Babe decided to take over the wedding planning thus he couldn't be embarrassed.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

As someone posted previously, it seemed Nurse Amy was Josie's babysitter for the day. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I noticed they took the cameras with them on their honeymoon.  That is one way to get TLC to pay for it. 

I have a feeling TLC paid for it because TLC planned if. When interviewed, not only jInge but Jer seemed completely clueless about Australia. All they could think of was cuisine.  Which, no.(I know JInge said "kangaroo." But without conviction.) I was hoping Jeremy had a hankering to show Jinger the fun of hiking the way cool landscapes of Australia and NZ and hanging out on the wild ocean beaches. But I didn't get the feeling he chose it, either.

My guess is the network figures each honeymoon should be in a different place because the audience would get bored with the same places all the times. The Duggs would probably just go to some southern U.S. beaches. But TLC probably arranged for France/Italy and now Oz/NZ. And since they arrange it and it (kind of) constitutes a tourist video, they get a lot of deals.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

The leaning tower of Jeremy still looms.

Wondering if they did the walk over the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge there. (of course not) Sad to think that they go these places and miss the life-enhancing experiences that are available. If one of the Dugg kids actually encountered some of the moving things that are out there in the real world, maybe she or he'd wake up. Jinge does seem to have some feeling for beauty. I'd like to think she might be inspired by being on the top of the bridge. But she was right there, and I suppose she'll never see it.

• Love 2

Looking at recent pictured of Jinger makes me think that the reason she had her hair (beautifully) up for the wedding wasn't because she has a sense of taste and style, but because her hair is so fried that the preferred long sausage curls look would have looked even worse on her than on her sisters. I don't like the long hair on any of them, but I do think that Jill, Jessa, and Jana do have nice, thick, healthy hair. Jinger's is a mess.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wondering if they did the walk over the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge there. (of course not) Sad to think that they go these places and miss the life-enhancing experiences that are available. If one of the Dugg kids actually encountered some of the moving things that are out there in the real world, maybe she or he'd wake up. Jinge does seem to have some feeling for beauty. I'd like to think she might be inspired by being on the top of the bridge. But she was right there, and I suppose she'll never see it.

Oh, yes! That bridge walk was one of the wonderful things I was privileged to do on my trip of a lifetime to Oz and NZ.

I was going to be critical about Jeremy and Jinger getting to go to those countries, and not knowing or caring much where they are. But really, they're a honeymooning couple and I give them a pass on sightseeing, especially since they are doing a working "honeymoon" with a TLC crew along for the trip. 

I doubt they would have taken the time for that bridge walk, since there's a TLC crew to factor in to the schedule. For purposes of the show, it would be nice to think that JinJer would be less vociferously ignorant and bigoted than Jim Boob Abroad. Oh, come to think of it, almost ANYONE would be less vociferously ignorant and bigoted than Jim Boob Abroad. Well, alrighty then. This is second generation Duggardom, which is more quietly ignorant and bigoted.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Why is Jeremy's jacket so short???  Are 3 piece suits back in style again from the 70s?  Michelle looks good and her dress suits her well. And finally, WTF with those tree trunk flower stands?  Seriously, they look like faces are going to appear on them, and they are going to rise up on stubby little legs and chase the guests around.

Yes, three piece suits are back in.  Granted, they're about five years behind the curve and it's already dying off in NYC in favor of a slim cut two-button suit, no vest, in patterned and rich-looking textiles.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Sweeps are in November, February and May. 

Interesting...so Joy's courtship is announced in November, the engagement in February, and the wedding in May.  Very formulaic, IMHO.  Even if the couple waits a while to get engaged they can still announce the engagement in May and have a late summer wedding to be televised in November.  Way to go, Duggars and TLC.  You just ensured another season (and higher ratings during sweeps) by marrying off another daughter.  Joy is, what?  19?  That is WAY too young to make any serious life decisions like this.  At least Jinger is a few years older and a little bit more mature, IMHO.   Joy is still a kid, comparatively.  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

She's got the adoring wife gaze down pat.

As well as the baby voice. I noticed she had the softer voice when saying her vows.

Side note:  I remember my mother told me to speak my vows loudly & clearly so everyone could hear. She was tired of hearing couples mumbling &crying thru their vows, so no one could understand. 

• Love 6

Wow, Pickles is getting touchy. I guess she's taking a page from the JinJer blog. At least their pics are first-run. She steals hers, as we all do.

I rarely visit her page. Has she made  other plea for money? She banned me for sharing her original post in a secret group which had unfortunately let a mole get in. That was a very messy day for poor Pickles. I might have also disclosed her full name to the group. I don't even remember her last name 

The worst thing about her is that she's a teacher!