Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't want to imagine it because if I did I'd also imagine Jizm Bob salivating.

I'm not sure that three 30-second events would make me much happier than one, actually.

You get the first quick one out of the way and then take time with the rest. 

• Love 2

Someone heard my plea for at least one of the Duggar brides to have her hair up for her wedding instead of long and scraggly like every other day of the year. It really added a lot to Jinger's overall look and for my money, her wedding hair beat Jessa and Jill's by a mile. And my GOD, what a difference the lack of eyeliner makes! She looks fresh faced and glowing. 

I like Jinger in love. I know she annoyed many a viewer, but I really liked her entire arc this season. Her genuine affection and happiness with Jeremy was touching to me. She really encapsulated how first love looks and feels, and yes, sometimes it looks completely cheesy and it's very hard to think of anything but your SO. Jessa and Jill both came off as much more smug in their courtship phases, but Jinger seemed to become kinder and softer. I loved how kindly she treated Jeremy's family and how she really seemed to like Laredo and his apartment. Also I love it when people are genuinely surprised when their SO shows up unexpectedly. I'm a sucker for reunions, and that was another thing I enjoyed with these two.

Although I don't think they know each other well enough to be truly in love, I think there's enough there to grow on. At least I hope so. Jinger has been a lot of fun for me to watch this season and I want her and Jeremy to succeed.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 19

Jinger was put together and it looked like a real wedding.  She looked like a real bride.  

Unlike Jilly Muffin's.  Her wedding looked like the Hee Haw honeys rolled in to town, with the bare feet, hair barely combed, running down the aisle and melted root beer floats.  And let's not forget Michelle's clearance space suit dress.  Maybe the Duggars have learned something along the way.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 20
24 minutes ago, ariel said:

What's interesting is that Jer & Jin list favorite things about themselves. Jin lists a chore: laundry. Jer doesn't even list a chore. 

Jinger's section is directly lifted from the Official Duggar Blog. That's why I think Ben is running this thing, and Jeremy probably just okayed Jinger's section without knowing its origins. Jeremy couldn't be bothered to have Jinger write an updated section for herself? 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

You get the first quick one out of the way and then take time with the rest. 

You do if you're lucky. lol

35 minutes ago, ariel said:

What's interesting is that Jer & Jin list favorite things about themselves. Jin lists a chore: laundry. Jer doesn't even list a chore. 

He's got Jinger to do those.

Although I don't know who's going to do the cooking, in any of these couples.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You do if you're lucky. lol

He's got Jinger to do those.

Although I don't know who's going to do the cooking, in any of these couples.

Jinger is the only one who I actually think has the Suzi Homemaker skills down. I think she is the one who does bake.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe not on the very first night with a young girl who has never even been kissed before that day and is probably exhausted and overwhelmed.

Im not too worried about the look on her face out of the church. When I got married I burst into tears right after the ceremony - and I had lived with my husband for 3 years prior to marriage! It was just an emotional day. Also I was exhausted and stressed ( along with so happy!) as well as I imagine Jinger would be x1000000 cause she barely knows Jeremy. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Im not too worried about the look on her face out of the church. When I got married I burst into tears right after the ceremony - and I had lived with my husband for 3 years prior to marriage! It was just an emotional day. Also I was exhausted and stressed ( along with so happy!) as well as I imagine Jinger would be x1000000 cause she barely knows Jeremy. 

I was emotional on my wedding day to my husband, whom I had lived with for nine years at the time and known for more than 35  years. I can't imagine what it would be like to marry someone with whom you had never been alone, never kissed, nothing. This system is insane.

• Love 9

Daily Fail has some updated pics in the same article. Jessa's dress is really pretty and flattering for a pregnant woman. The girls are all in different colors. Joy is in brown, Jana in gray, Jeremy's sister in red. I'm not sure how that will play out in group photos, but individually the dresses are quite nice. A huge, HUGE step up from the cheap monstrosities the girls wore for Jill's and Jessa's nuptials.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I like Jinger in love. I know she annoyed many a viewer, but I really liked her entire arc this season. Her genuine affection and happiness with Jeremy was touching to me. She really encapsulated how first love looks and feels, and yes, sometimes it looks completely cheesy and it's very hard to think of anything but your SO. Jessa and Jill both came off as much more smug in their courtship phases, but Jinger seemed to become kinder and softer. I loved how kindly she treated Jeremy's family and how she really seemed to like Laredo and his apartment. Also I love it when people are genuinely surprised when their SO shows up unexpectedly. I'm a sucker for reunions, and that was another thing I enjoyed with these two.

Although I don't think they know each other well enough to be truly in love, I think there's enough there to grow on. At least I hope so. Jinger has been a lot of fun for me to watch this season and I want her and Jeremy to succeed.

I agree.  I'm happy for Jinger.  I hope she has a great life, away from her family.  I think she has a real shot.  I don't get the creeper vibe that others seem to get from Jeremy.

And I think they know each other better than they're letting on.  They met over a year ago.  I think they've spent time alone and maybe even kissed before.  I know that's not much to build a marriage on, but their relationship seems more "real," in a way, than Jill or Jessa's did.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Daily Fail has some updated pics in the same article. Jessa's dress is really pretty and quite flattering for a pregnant woman. The girls are all in different colors. Joy is in brown, Jana in gray, Jeremy's sister in red. I'm not sure how that will play out in group photos, but individually the dresses are quite nice. A huge, HUGE step up from the cheap monstrosities the girls wore for Jill's and Jessa's nuptials.

Thanks. Jury's out for me on the color of the dresses. Lavender with fuschia with champagne with silver? Eh. The top halves are pretty but the length looks a bit dowdy paired with the long sleeves. On the other hand, it's colder out so the length probably helped keep the girls warmer. I remember how thin the fabric looked on Jessa's bridesmaids.

Having said all that, who cares what I think anyway, it was nice of Jinger to let them choose the colors, and I love how the bridesmaids' sleeves match Jinger's. Nice continuity there.

• Love 3

It looks as if the bridemaids' dresses all have the same lace overlay top as the wedding dress. Maybe that's what holds the theme together. 

I can hardly wait to see what frump mistress Michelle showed up in. It looks like a button front blouse from the glimpse I saw.

• Love 3

I think this time they got actual bridesmaid dresses instead of cheap dresses of the internet.  They are a little on the frumpy side but I like them.  I think Jim Bob figured they had to step up their game to keep the audience happy--there we plenty of complaints about the previous dresses.

• Love 4

They also were smart to have some sleeves this time around for a November wedding. They lucked out today, it was warm, but you never know what you're going to get this time of year. I'm not sure if they would have looked better short or not. :/

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Are those Jana's toes I spy? It almost looks like she had to lift her dress because she removed her shoes and the dress then was to long. I hope she had on real shoes.

Duggars and real shoes? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Doubtful.

10 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I think this time they got actual bridesmaid dresses instead of cheap dresses of the internet.  They are a little on the frumpy side but I like them.  I think Jim Bob figured they had to step up their game to keep the audience happy--there we plenty of complaints about the previous dresses.

This. They're on the matronly side for girls in their 20s, but they're real dresses that Jana didn't have to try and Frankenstitch together, plus they have sleeves and it is November.

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They also were smart to have some sleeves this time around for a November wedding. They lucked out today, it was warm, but you never know what you're going to get this time of year. I'm not sure if they would have looked better short or not. :/

I actually think they'd look frumpier if they were tea length, and you know these girls won't go shorter than that.

• Love 4

Is it possible that Michelle was wearing a button-down shirt while she got her hair and make-up done?  I know with every wedding I've been in, I was told to wear one while getting made up.  Then when it was time to change, I could remove the shirt without messing up my hair.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

Is it possible that Michelle was wearing a button-down shirt while she got her hair and make-up done?  I know with every wedding I've been in, I was told to wear one while getting made up.  Then when it was time to change, I could remove the shirt without messing up my hair.

I was actually wondering if it was taped at the rehearsal dinner.  I just can't imagine the MOB wearing that outfit.

11 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Think of what Princess Diana went through when her own uncle announced that "she'd never taken a lover" (the royal family is said to have had Diana visit the royal gynocologist a week or two before the wedding, supposedly to insure that there were no obvious reasons she couldn't bear children, but the medical report also is said to have noted that she had an intact hymen).  Then, Diana's wedding was broadcast to the world and was watched by 750 million people.  That's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old young woman.

I remember that having followed all things Diana back then.  Now I look at it and wonder why the public ever knew such a thing? The tabloids used to make up stories and lies back then, much more than they do now and there was no way to dig for information.  You bought the Star Magazine, giggled with your friends and threw it away.  I always thought that was tabloid stuff but it was probably put in the real press.

Jinger's dress is certainly the nicest out of all those brides.  He makes the best presentation compared to the two asshole husbands.  Jinger's smile is a big Ed Grimley for my taste, but I like the way she's styled.  Bless their root beer float hearts.

• Love 2

The wedding seems formal and the different states of dress confuse me. Lawson is dressed casual, it appears Jessa wasted no time changing out of her bridesmaid dress, Michelle in a button down, JB in a suit and tie, Josh with no tie.

Maybe a formal ceremony and casual reception and the guests were confused too?

• Love 2

Even though I don't agree with the whole belief system the Duggars espouse, I truly am happy for JinJer. A wedding is a new beginning and I wish nothing but happiness for the couple.  Jinger truly looked beautiful and happy, if not a little stressed (which is to be expected, being the focus of a 1,000 guest wedding!).  I'm looking forward to watching the episode to see how it all unfolds.  I'm sure there will be plenty of SMH moments provided by JB.  I'm just hoping that Mr. Vuolo truly took the reins with the ceremony and didn't allow JB to do anything embarrassing when it came time to kiss the bride.  

If I had one word of advice for JinJer, it would be this...spend as much time as you can together.  Really get to know each other and build a strong foundation before having children.  They WILL change the whole dynamic of your relationship, try as you will to stop it from happening.  As you won't have the Duggar support system in Laredo, you will only have each other to rely on inbetween the intrusive visits.  I think this is what happened with Jill.  She felt the full brunt of raising a child a far distance from home and without her normal support system.  And she was emotionally stunned because of it.  Just take your eyes off of the baby prize for now and enjoy your time together as a married couple.  The babies will follow.  

• Love 12

So she finally got married. Looks like a nice stylish dress and appearance. A first for a Duggar. Perhaps the outside influence.

I really really hope she will be happy and able to figure out a life of her own where she doesn't need to conform to made up notions and doesn't feel the need to starve herself and be miserable.

It must be so utterly weird to go from never having been alone with a guy to moving in with him, having sex, cuddles, life...........her parents are just so vile for doing this to their kids.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I also like what I saw of the bridesmaid's dresses. Not high fashion, but also not bizarre home-made concoctions screaming "LOOK!! MODESTY PANELS!! WE'RE MODEST!!". Just simple, quietly modest, appropriate dresses.

I doubt that it was Jim Bob, but it seems that somebody in the family finally got a clue, so that the third Duggar daughter wedding seems to have been much less of a Festival of Tackiness than the first two. More mainstream. 

I wonder if Jinger is going to be a match for her husband - and her sister Jessa - in fame hunger and ambition to keep appearing on TV. Although come to think of it, that's irrelevant. Because she's now under Jeremy's headship, and he's going to go for all the TV face time he can possibly squeeze out of TLC, and every People magazine exclusive he can swing. And Jinger will be right there too, because headship and Jesus.

I can't see Jeremy laying back and letting the checks - or all the negotiations for his and Jinger's contracts - be handled by Jim Bob. Jinger's continuing to be along for the ride; she's just swapped headships who will manage her TLC deals. 

Edited by Jeeves
Walls of text are not nice.
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

So she finally got married. Looks like a nice stylish dress and appearance. A first for a Duggar. Perhaps the outside influence.

I thought Jessa's dress was beautiful so I'm confused by several posters who say Jinger had the only nice Duggar dress. Now if we're talking bridesmaids, Jill and Jessa's were unfortunate. Jinger's fell into the extreme modest category that reminds me of some of the old "stay at home daughter" bloggers that used to be a thing before the fall of Vision Forum. I'd love to see Jinger's Pinterest board.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

It must be so utterly weird to go from never having been alone with a guy to moving in with him, having sex, cuddles, life...........her parents are just so vile for doing this to their kids.

I totally agree.  This phenomena seems to exist in other places, as well.  I've been watching "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" and am really surprised at how similar their child rearing is to the Duggars'.  Where there are certainly differences (dress, behavior), the similarities are many.  Their girls are trained to be at home, raising babies and keeping house.  Few attain a high school diploma, let alone a college degree.  They are sheltered from boys and meet them only at events.  The girls are not permitted to be alone with a boy until they are married and their communication with said boys is closely monitored.  Girls marry very young (16-ish) and tend to have babies young.  According to the show, the majority of the girls marry boys who they barely know, much like the Gothard girls.  And many marriages are arranged because of the strict segregation between boys and girls...no real opportunity for getting to really KNOW someone before jumping into a courtship.

I just can't fathom how these young, inexperienced girls can go from the protection of their parents and family to full-on housewife, mother and willing HEY hey HEY participant at the drop of a hat.  There is no life experience there!!!  They can't automatically know what to do without having lived it and learned.  

• Love 9

Can't remember Smuggette's dress tbh. But this wedding seems outside the box for the Duggars.

Going to New Zealand and Australia for a honeymoon is an odd choice though. They're heading towards summer there, isn't there enough sun in Arkansas or Texas? It's not exactly the usual tourist destination. New Zealand will have some gorgeous landscape I'll wager, but still.......

Edit, yes M'lady, I totally agree:-)) It was quite an adjustment for me to move out, to a different country no less, and be on my own. And I wasn't at all brought up like a Fundie. But to be with a guy you barely know, all alone, when you've been reared to believe that lust is sinful, you simply cannot just turn it off.

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 5

Meh, I'm on the fence about the colors of the bridesmaid dresses. I like the style, simple not tacky but the colors are horrible. I would have stuck to one color for all. Jana looks so washed out with that ugly grey color. I liked how Michaela did the bridesmaid dresses much better, they at least complemented each other.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Going to New Zealand and Australia for a honeymoon is an odd choice though. They're heading towards summer there, isn't there enough sun in Arkansas or Texas? It's not exactly the usual tourist destination. New Zealand will have some gorgeous landscape I'll wager, but still.......

Maybe it's just a personal thing. But I think it's a fabulous choice. I wish that I could have traveled to NZ and Australia when I was as young as they are. (I finally got there while in my late 50's; it was truly a "bucket list" trip for me though not by any means my only travel out of the US.)

I assume TLC's paying for the honeymoon. Maybe Jeremy negotiated the destination; I can't imagine Boob knowing or caring enough to pull that one off for the couple. But good for them. I think Jeremy at least has enough education and experience to appreciate what they will be seeing and he'll share that with Jinge. 

• Love 20

The Romani peoples are very big on purity. In Spain, there's a ritual called "el yeli" that's a somewhat invasive virginity test where an elder woman experienced in this test results in a bloody handkerchief.  I can't imagine this indignity on any level, but I gues if you're warned about this from a very young age, you're not going to misbehave because the shame would be too public.

i don't think they do these sorts of tests in the UK or the US, but purity is safeguarded, though handholding and kissing seem to be allowed. These kids at least attend public schools until past a certain age, and can pretty much dress like they want to. Even though there are some similarities between gypsies and Duggars, in particular purity-minding and insular mindset, the gypsies at their strictest are far more liberal than Duggars.

Not sure if any of you have had the chance to check out Pickles, but she has some updated pictues, including a shot of Jeremy's parents. Mrs. Vuolo looks absolutely stunning. She wore a navy gown with beading at the top of the bodice. Michelle should be ashamed to have shown up to her daughter's wedding looking like she just rolled out of bed.

• Love 2

In regards to the honeymoon destination, I'm sure Jeremy picked it, because sadly Jinger doesn't likely know enough about the world to have an opinion. I wonder if Jeremy is a lord of the rings fan! I had an ex BF who was suuuuper into LOTR, and really wanted to see New Zealand because those movies were made there (I didn't really care for it, but the movies were gorgeous). If that's the case, I would definitely see Jeremy's excitement over literature to be a huge plus!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You know it IS!  Fundy weddings have short receptions for a reason!

I guess that is why they have the punch & cookies receptions.   Too bad they can't relax,  party & enjoy their guests like most newly married couples do. 

I'm glad Babe's dad officiated & hope too that Boob wasn't allowed to do anything more than give Jinger away, which he probably har-hared his way through.  

I remember the Smuggars honeymoon episode.  IIRC, both of them said they enjoyed finally being alone together & discussing things without chaperones around.  They said they talked for hours. How sad, these conversations are the ones couples should have before marriage & not on their honeymoon.

I can't wait to see the wedding episode & how the Vuolo side of the family fit in with this circus.  I'm sure there were probably a few Vuolo folk that hid in the back like Mr. Bynum, Cathy's husband, did. I know I would.  I'm hoping that Jackson has matured some (but I doubt it) & didn't go around asking about the kissing like he did at the others. Was there any Rodrigues family sightings?  I guess some poor church is being tortured about now with their music.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

I guess that is why they have the punch & cookies receptions.   Too bad they can't relax,  party & enjoy their guests like most newly married couples do.

Yeah, I always thought this was one of the unfortunate outcomes of the courtship aspect that isn't as obvious. If they were allowed to at least kiss while courting, there would be less of a rush to get home after the cake and punch reception. They could sit down, have a meal, enjoy the loved ones from out of town that they hardly get to see, and wear their wedding clothes for longer than, what, three hours?

• Love 3

I can't help it, I like the man bun. I'll see myself out now....

Reading the comments on various forums, I'm a little surprised at how many people didn't like the bridesmaids' dresses. I thought they were really girly and pretty. My only hesitation is on how the mish mash of colors will look in the photos, but overall I thought they were a good style for a fall wedding.

• Love 18

I rather liked the groomsmen. Jeremy wore a blue suit with red tie and rest had grey suits with blue ties. Jeremy's blue suit with Jinger's eyes in their formal photo was probably not planned but made for a pretty photo. It looked like some of the younger guys were ushers and wore suspenders with one flower but not suits. (seen at pickles)

• Love 6