Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Making Friends But Not Amends

• Start Topic

Heather travels to Turks and Caicos in a bid to help Terry reconnect with their children. Meanwhile, Tamra ties to save a relationship; Kelly sets out to befriend Vicki; and Meghan invites the women to her new house to demolish her kitchen.

Vicki's an Aries.  It all makes sense now. 

Meghan's group activity is ripping up her kitchen?  How fun.  Not.

Terry doesn't spend any time with his kids but doesn't feel guilty about it.  What a jerk.

This season seems like it'll be another pile-on Vicki.  She might deserve it.  It might be warranted.  But I just cannot watch another season of this.  The Brooks stuff is boring.  Also, Shannon -- the USC thing was a joke.  Do you not understand humor??  She is the definition of a shrew.

Kelly's marriage is CRAZY.  What?!  They filed for divorce, she was engaged to someone else, but he dragged it out so much that she just went back with him?

• Love 15

This episode was kind of boring. I guess they brought Kelly on the show to be friends with Vicki since no one else is. Didn't Vicki befriend the new girl, Megan, last year and they ended up hating each other? Beware Kelly! 

Did Tamra's loser son marry his baby mama? At least it sounds like he has a job and sees his daughter. 

Shannon is so judgemental. She thinks Kelly was crazy staying married to her husband but Shannon stayed married to her husband after he had an affair. 

• Love 13

Also, there is balayage, and there is 4 inches of roots because you've been in women's prison for 8 months with no access to hair products.

I guess I'm too focused on her waxy face to notice the hair. I was wondering what was up with the back of Megan's head at the house demo.

Ryan. That boy cannot get it together.

I love Shannon's reaction to things. That necklace was so ugly.

In the preview, was Brianna driving after having surgery??

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I was thinking David had Barbara Bush help him pick out the necklace.

BB would never wear that! LOL I think he got that off of some fast talking street hustler near a job site. LOL

• Love 7

Looked like Terry was wearing an Orangetheory sweatshirt in his first scene--wonder how Tams feels about that?

Speaking of, I wonder if we are going to get Kindler, Gentler Tamra this season. We haven't seen any previews of her shrieking, have we? (I don't count telling Vicki off.)

• Love 1

Nice that Heather and family scored a Bravo sponsored trip.

i don't think Ryan and Sara married. What a mess. Doesn't she have three other kids? And now she and Ryan are living apart. How do they have any money? He looks so scary to me. Didn't she call 911 claiming he had pushed her down the stairs? I remember reading that somewhere. Those poor kids being in that kind of volatile environment.

The new housewife--can't even remember her name--how crazy that she is back with her husband after a two year split and being engaged to someone else. She does not seem to even love him. Just easier to stay together. Her face looks odd to me. Too many fillers?

David's voice sounds like baby talk or something.

• Love 16
(edited)

Tamra is on WWH right now looking like a circus freak.  She just told Jill Kargman from Odd Man Out that she looks like George Washington.  OT - Sorry!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Nice that Heather and family scored a Bravo sponsored trip.

i don't think Ryan and Sara married. What a mess. Doesn't she have three other kids? And now she and Ryan are living apart. How do they have any money? He looks so scary to me. Didn't she call 911 claiming he had pushed her down the stairs? I remember reading that somewhere. Those poor kids being in that kind of volatile environment.

The new housewife--can't even remember her name--how crazy that she is back with her husband after a two year split and being engaged to someone else. She does not seem to even love him. Just easier to stay together. Her face looks odd to me. Too many fillers?

David's voice sounds like baby talk or something.

Terry and Heather seemed even more rehearsed than usual in the T&C scenes. And their rental house appears cramped as hell and ugly. From one window it looked as tho the neighbor's house was within touching distance.

ITA re David's squeak. He probably a tough lil bugger but that voice...

11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Tamra is on WWH right now looking like a circus freak.  

Also like a piece of gnawed-upon beef jerky.

• Love 6

2 episodes into the season, and I still hate Kelly. Her hair is terrible. Also, her family is way too aware of the cameras.

im loving Shannon so far this season. She's been such a nagging buzzkill in the past, so this is like a breath of fresh air. That necklace David bought her looks more like something you'd buy your mom, not your wife. Poor, clueless David. 

I have to give Heather kudos for not going the typical route of these chicks with implants. They'd look ridiculous on her slender frame. 

• Love 20

This episode was everything!  From the enema flashback to the Vicki's tripping and falling flashback to the Flipping Out (Deb!) reference...I was laughing my ass off throughout!

Glad to see Jeana is still awful as ever with her bullying of Tamra on the boat.  Can't stand her.

Kelly looks like she'll be fun to laugh at, not with, as she seems to have no filter or situational awareness; I like that combination in my housewives.

Loved the three nodding and repeating the casserole bit at the end, like "yup, been there, done that, over it."

Next week looks good.

• Love 12

I was a bit fatigued from Monday's workout, so I was zoning a bit. I hope it was just me and not b/c it was a dull ep.

I like Jeana but her trying to be peacemaker on the boat prompted a "shut up, Jeana!" reaction from me.

I still don't like Kelly and her actress-in-training daughter. Was she trying to avoid going to school or just acting up for camera time? I have no idea what Kelly's deal with her ex-or-not husband and why she is so adamant about being Vicki's advocate.

Why does Meghan look different this season?

Tamra's son is still a loser. How do he and his daughter's mother stay housed? I find it hard to believe either is employed, not to mention making enough to afford to live in El Coto. I have no idea what the Eva's(?) custody situation is for that matter, but Ryan looks like the absentee father type.

• Love 5

As soon as Vicki began bragging about being a member of Le Tip(?), I remembered her falling on her ass with that reward she gave herself. Thank you, show, for replaying the footage again in slow-mo!

• Love 23

So nice to see the old gang back.  Vicki is concentrating on work, Tamra's face looks different and Ryan can't get his life together.  Never change OC!

So Terry feels guilty about not feeling guilty.  For a man who loves the camera as much as Terry does, he sure doesn't realize what is not a good moment to be preserved forever.  His poor kids just rank so far down his list of life's priorities. 

I just love Shannon.  Her looks during Kelly's story were priceless and a great stand in for us, the audience.  Love those judgey-eyes!

• Love 22
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Meghan's group activity is ripping up her kitchen?  How fun.  Not.

I actually think it would be really fun. But I might accidentally lose my grip on my hammer and demo Megan instead of her wall. 

1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

So Terry feels guilty about not feeling guilty.  For a man who loves the camera as much as Terry does, he sure doesn't realize what is not a good moment to be preserved forever.  His poor kids just rank so far down his list of life's priorities. 

This is the same man who called his 3-year-old a "bitch" on camera. He think he's funny. He's not.

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It really pains me to say that I agree with Tamra, butitshe's totally right about Vickiwas. She's just offering broad apologies, nothing specific. No ownership of her part in anything. It was all Brooks. Brooks did it to her as well. She's just apologizing for the situation, but she's a victim here too. She's so gross. And then she has the nerve to cry and cry, "I don't want to talk about it anymore". I just LOVE when people who have wronged others decide that THEY'RE sick of talking about it. 

Well, Tamra really glossed over the domestic violence shit that was going down between Ryan and Sarah, didn't she? And I'll never believe her protestations that she doesn't want to be involved in their drama. Homegirl wants to pull up a chair and hear every juicy bit of it. 

Now we know why the Beador marriage was struggling - those two are total oversharers.

I'm really going to need Heather to quit whining about how much Terry works. How do you think that monstrosity you're building is going to get paid for? Also, Terry, you might not want to stay up partying until midnight when you have surgery the next day. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer my doc have more than 3.75 hours of sleep before he cuts me open. 

Really REALLY don't like Kelly now. That scene with her daughter was just painful. Personal preference, but I really cannot stand when parents tell kids, "Suck it up" or "You're too big to cry" and crap like that. All feelings are valid and you risk creating emotional issues when you ask a child to suppress theirs. Now, I do think it was likely that the girl was well enough to go to school. It seemed like she took a real "turn for the worse" when her father entered the room. However, I just thought airing the whole thing on TV was really inappropriate. She was embarrassing and calling out her own 9-year-old daughter on national TV. Pick another storyline. 

Also, it was very telling when she disclosed more about her relationship with her husband to the ladies at the demo party. So they were going to get divorced, and she hated how he was spending more money on his lawyers than on his own daughter, but then she decided to just get back with him because "it was easier". Wow. Sounds like you just didn't want to lose YOUR access to that money. Yuck. 

I also find it highly hypocritical that she wants to act like Shannon was so cold to her. "I like people who are nice and kind." Oh, you mean people who insult someone's alma mater within five seconds of meeting them? Nice and kind like that? 

Shannon showing up with a legit tool bag, appropriate clothing, and ready to WORK at the demo party was the best thing ever. That's why, despite her many flaws, she continues to be my favorite.  

This! All of this. I can't stand Vicky with her "poor me, I was wronged too."

I loved the end as well when they talked about the casseroles and how stupid that was

• Love 14
(edited)
29 minutes ago, dianagerace said:

I especially loved when she handed her a bottle of cough syrup and told her to "just take a chug." Kelly is disgusting.

Giving your nine-year-old daughter cough syrup and telling her to "Suck it up" and "take a chug" is a bad precedent to set. Just saying. I was a little alarmed by that scene. Hopefully the medication was something relatively benign.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, dianagerace said:

I especially loved when she handed her a bottle of cough syrup and told her to "just take a chug." Kelly is disgusting.

Thank you! I forgot about that. Yea, that's some real fine parenting right there. Let's not worry about accurate dosing or anything. Maybe the kid really DID develop a stomach ache after taking a shot from her cough syrup bottle. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Also, Terry, you might not want to stay up partying until midnight when you have surgery the next day. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer my doc have more than 3.75 hours of sleep before he cuts me open. 

Fatigue and surgery are not a good mixture, not to mention the alcohol that was being served. I assume he cut himself off quite early.  I was surprised he was stupid enough to mention that on camera.  

• Love 19

Tamra's "Eddie's adopted" excuse for why he doesn't want to have an adult child be his dependent was all sorts of wrong.  Being adopted doesn't mean you are self-centered. It doesn't mean you don't understand family.    He shouldn't be supporting Tamra's children with their income.  Her enabling of him created the loser he is today.

Kelly.  Yikes, her plastic surgery face irritates me.  She really thinks she's incredibly good looking.  And her marriage story is easily the worst I've heard.  He didn't want to support her and her child...spent all kinds of money, bipolar, etc. she gets engaged even though they weren't divorced and she went back b/c it was easier than splitting up?  Holy fuck lady.  You're an idiot.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Tamra's "Eddie's adopted" excuse for why he doesn't want to have an adult child be his dependent was all sorts of wrong.  Being adopted doesn't mean you are self-centered. It doesn't mean you don't understand family.    He shouldn't be supporting Tamra's children with their income.  Her enabling of him created the loser he is today.

Tamballs will come up with any excuse to make her enabling of Ryan seem perfectly normal. Newsglash, Tammy Sue, adopted kids HAVE families and they can understand what being "family" is about just as much as the next kid. Propping up your creepy, closet-serial-killer son for his entire 30? years of life is just pathetic and NOT good parenting. 

• Love 15

David has some seriously ugly taste in jewelry. He says that he likes to buy things that Shannon wouldn't buy for herself...well maybe there's a reason for that, lol. Shannon is judgmental and indecisive but she's trying with her marriage. Her reaction to the necklace was hilarious...kudos to her for actually putting that on in public.

Kelly's description of her marriage seems odd. So basically the only reason that she's still married to this guy is because he wouldn't let her divorce him? So she's just going to make it work because she doesn't seemingly have any other option? She filed for divorce because he's too controlling but ended up staying married to him because...he's too controlling. I don't know understand why Kelly is saying that she doesn't like seeing someone get ganged up on. The first time she met Vicki and the other women was at Heather's party and no one ganged up on Vicki. Not going out of your way to engage with someone who has wronged you and has not truly owned up to their actions and apologize for it is not ganging up on someone. I suspect that will come later on but there was nothing to this point that should have Kelly saying the things she is.

Vicki is honestly a piece of work. The cancer charity thing makes sense now - her business took a huge hit after the scandal was revealed last season. She's trying to save face now by saying that she was completely duped and she didn't lie about that but that in itself is a lie. She's trying to play the victim by using semantics. She constantly talks about how smart and successful she is but no way would someone would be that stupid to realize that if they feel the need to lie on behalf of someone, it's probably for a reason. She didn't even bother to address it with Brooks. She just continued to lie for him to make his story seem more plausible to the other women. She promoted his lies - just because he didn't outwardly tell her he didn't have cancer doesn't mean that she was a duped victim. She played stupid because that way it didn't damage the state of her relationship. It was more important for her to be in a relationship with a lying, abusive jerk so that her love tank can keep filled than it was to be morally responsible and particularly supportive of her daughter who had personal encounters with Brooks that would make most mothers send him packing the moment that the accusations were confirmed from the man himself. Speaking so disgustingly to and about your own daughter and you kept him around.

• Love 17

VERY telling comment from Vicki in the preview for the next episode:

"I think all you girls were in on trying to break him down" (referring to Brookes).

So Vicks is STILL idiotically NOT understanding ANYTHING... or she is obnoxiously and deliberately clinging to her deceitful FACADE. One or the other. Both options bad.

• Love 24

(Very.) And other not-so-burning questions.

View the full article

Just a quick note. My guess is that it's not so much that Vicky doesn't know the meaning of "legacy" as that the rest of us aren't as acquainted with its meaning in the business world -- basically a physical business with real jobs that can be handed down or sold. I don't think the show always does a great job translating the lingo she slings around.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pdxblonde said:

im loving Shannon so far this season. She's been such a nagging buzzkill in the past, so this is like a breath of fresh air. That necklace David bought her looks more like something you'd buy your mom, not your wife. Poor, clueless David. 

Yes, she seems more like the Shannon from her first season. Infidelity really can play with the head, so I can believe that this is more the "real" Shannon, now that she is hopefully in calmer waters with her marriage. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Poor Heather. She is such a boring tight ass. Even on a chill vacation. She tries so hard not to be but she just can't help herself. 

Shannon's right about herself when she says she has put on weight. Her face is so full! Not a bad thing, just an observation. Of course in the OC even ten pounds is a lot of weight.

Do not care about Meghan. Surprised she got another season. I guess Brianna is going to be a regular housewife. We all saw that coming, right?

I have a feeling that the lack of shit stirring, screaming Tamra is going to put a big damper on this season. Nobody wants to see calm, jesus loving Tamra. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

I have to say something nice about David. When he was having lunch with his mom - I mean wife - he was really in the moment and listening to what she was saying. So often on these shows, whether edited that way or not - the men seem uninterested in whatever their gal is going on and on about.  He actually seemed interested in what she was saying which is nice to see. 

True, but I see a trained seal instead. Look at me when you're speaking David!!! I bet every time his eyeballs wander Sharon accuses him of looking for his ex-mistress in the room. Plus, they were talking about poop. Why are all the Ho-Wives talking about poop now? (Dallas, ugh).  Also, will someone please explain the reference to Tito's? 

And wow. Heather and her hubby are completely committed to their lame storyline. Who at BRAVO let them go ahead with that one? I can't think of a storyline that its viewership would have less engagement with: famewhore plastic surgeon filming two reality shows doesn't have enough time for his fam ... snore. I can't even type it without falling asleep.  Granted, there is little tv-worthy conflict in Heather's life and their real conversations (at what age can their daughters get their noses fixed?) they are rightfully keeping private. But as a viewer I feel insulted by their ultra-rehearsed little scenes together.

I didn't know that Ryan and his wife had split already. How does Eddie live anywhere near that crazy?  

The new woman is nutz. Who screams at their fourth grader that they are going to be left behind for missing four days of school? Left behind where? From the dynamics of that scene it appears to me that she is the controlling one in the family.  

• Love 3

I've always kinda liked Shannon, but enjoying her even more this season now that every other scene with her doesn't revolve around "the affair." I think allowing herself to finally eat some carbs (potatoes!?) has calmed her down a bit.  ;) 

The new girl continues to be annoying and terrible. And that whole scene with her at lunch with Vicki as she's pretending to not know anything at all about Vicki and/or Brooks was just eye-rolling B.S. No WAY a thirsty girl like her hasn't been watching the past seasons and/or keeping up with tabloids and social media. 

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have to say something nice about David. When he was having lunch with his mom - I mean wife - he was really in the moment and listening to what she was saying. So often on these shows, whether edited that way or not - the men seem uninterested in whatever their gal is going on and on about.  He actually seemed interested in what she was saying which is nice to see. 

I noticed that too.  I couldn't help but think that was something that their counselor taught him to do during their sessions together. 

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

As soon as Vicki began bragging about being a member of Le Tip(?), I remembered her falling on her ass with that reward she gave herself. Thank you, show, for replaying the footage again in slow-mo!

For realsies.  Honestly, Bravo could play that damn clip during EVERY episode and I would never get tired of it.  Ideally, they would rotate it with the clip of Vicki getting bonked in the head at Lake Havasu. But, ya know, I'll take what I can get.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

VERY telling comment from Vicki in the preview for the next episode:

"I think all you girls were in on trying to break him down" (referring to Brookes).

So Vicks is STILL idiotically NOT understanding ANYTHING... or she is obnoxiously and deliberately clinging to her deceitful FACADE. One or the other. Both options bad.

Someone should tell Vicki (not that she would comprehend it) that if she can't keep Brooks than it might be time to forget about her love tank.

Here we have a con man, who landed a woman with a little bit of money.  Gives him cars, teeth, clothes, a place to live.  Easy con right? Trips with her loser brother, lots of booze and parties.

The key is that even Brooks couldn't stand her. He couldn't keep the con going because she is too obnoxious, needy, demanding and all around impossible.

That about sums up Vicki for me.     

• Love 24

its funny...for someone as weird and quirky ad Shannon...shes actually very relatable.  The looks she and Tamra gave during Kelly's story were priceless...and Shannon and meghan's talking heads were funny during that segment.

If Shannon is being told shes crazy by both Vicki and Kelly..its almost a good thing considering how messed uo both of them are.

I do think kids have to suck it up...but theres a better way to convey that.  Kelly doesnt seem able to do that. 

• Love 13

OMG---And here I thought Mega was bad....they come up with someone worse! 

"here take a swig"----UHHHHHH???? Your telling a 7 year old (!) who you, at the SAME time, are saying is not sick, to drink cold medicine straight out of the bottle? Really? WOW

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

David has some seriously ugly taste in jewelry. He says that he likes to buy things that Shannon wouldn't buy for herself...well maybe there's a reason for that, lol. Shannon is judgmental and indecisive but she's trying with her marriage. Her reaction to the necklace was hilarious...kudos to her for actually putting that on in public.

Kelly's description of her marriage seems odd. So basically the only reason that she's still married to this guy is because he wouldn't let her divorce him? So she's just going to make it work because she doesn't seemingly have any other option? She filed for divorce because he's too controlling but ended up staying married to him because...he's too controlling. I don't know understand why Kelly is saying that she doesn't like seeing someone get ganged up on. The first time she met Vicki and the other women was at Heather's party and no one ganged up on Vicki. Not going out of your way to engage with someone who has wronged you and has not truly owned up to their actions and apologize for it is not ganging up on someone. I suspect that will come later on but there was nothing to this point that should have Kelly saying the things she is.

That necklace...oh my.  I hope it wasn't really expensive.

The irony of Kelly, the new girl, making nice with Vicki because she doesn't like to see someone get ganged up on, when trying to get the others to gang up on the new girl is basically Vicki's MO - gold!  So ridiculous.

• Love 2

I just can't with Vicki. I'd have nothing to do with her if I were one of the cast, I'm guessing they're forced to act like they remotely care to reconnect. Kelly is her perfect sidekick, can't stand her either. Two narcissistic peas in a pod. Glad to see a less mopey Shannon, I'd be sitting right next to her and her judgey eyes with my bitchy resting face, tho I suspect around Vicki or Kelly there would be no resting about said bitchy face...lol...

• Love 5

Just seems to me that this is so scripted.  There is no way that Kelly didn't watch the show.  She's probably just following the script that they gave her.  Doesn't matter. Don't like her.  No, Vicki, no.  You don't get to be a victim.  Especially with your phony cancer charity.  She is truly delusional or perhaps a narcissistic person.  I just don't understand how she can cry with Jeana because she is not to blame.  Fuck her.  Again with Ryan.  I don't want to see him on my screen.  He's so creepy.  He doesn't deserve a paycheck from Bravo.  Eddie's right, he's an adult.  He's been taken care of by Tamra forever.  I understand he's her son, but tough love works well too.  I personally know this, having dealt with an addict family member.  Once he realizes there is no more help from his mom, he will have to take care of himself.  Shannon's face was priceless during the lunch! 

• Love 6