Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Making Friends But Not Amends

• Start Topic

(edited)
On June 28, 2016 at 9:12 AM, ghoulina said:

Tamballs will come up with any excuse to make her enabling of Ryan seem perfectly normal. Newsglash, Tammy Sue, adopted kids HAVE families and they can understand what being "family" is about just as much as the next kid. Propping up your creepy, closet-serial-killer son for his entire 30? years of life is just pathetic and NOT good parenting. 

Thank you. And I hope Eddie and his FAMILY will retort by cataloguing the lovely 'relationship' between Ratface Rapey-eyed Ryan and Simon as well as the fact that Gramball's own daughter refuses to have anything to do with her. Everything that dirty ball-gargling ape said was wrong and an insult to beautiful families with adopted children. Just because you calve your own kids doesn't mean you're an authority on families, Jesus Jugs 2.0.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Ryan has already been treated for PTSD after his meltdown on Judy, Lydia's mom.

All I am asking for is less Briana.  She is not a housewife there is nothing interesting about her and her brood, her husband.  I've watched how she speaks to her mother and I just can't.  I don't think the other women really want her around and the fact that she and her husband are both in the midst of health crises is not interesting to me either.  The west coast franchises need to steer away from these unresolvable health matters.  A whole season of Lyme Disease and now Brian's five year struggle with whatever ails her (I believe she goes to the Mayo Clinic).  There is just an inconsistency in these stories Briana, had two children and claimed to be working two jobs and was so very ill.  I no longer care.  Essentially we have a young couple one who is disabled due to military service and his wife, but well enough to collect reality TV checks.  I just so very much doubt and am offend about Vicki talking about health issues. 

The OG of the OC has not changed and no amount of family health issues are going to change the egomaniac that is Vicki.  Also, random networking events are boring.  Vicki's money comes from Bravo, let's not pretend she is this uber insurance woman any longer. 

Private Pyle's PTSD stems from the fact that he was given orders and couldn't treat his superiors the way he treats that slob of  wife he is married to. I am of the "less Brianna(the toad), more commercials" mind. I'd rather see commercials for Meso or that Walking Taco.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Ummm, what about the jeweler that sold it to him?

I didn't think they were real because that were in a bag. I have several real pearl sets and they are all in lined, hinged presentation boxes and either snapped or somehow mounted into place. I also have nice and not particularly cheap either costume pearls that came in the designer logoed bags like that one. Shannon likes to think she's rock'n roll (black polish, black moto jackets, etc) and seems to like him to pick things that acknowledge that youthful fantasy. I thought they were pretty but definitely as mentioned more Barbara Bush than Gwen Stefani.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Does anyone remember that Sopranos quote, "we can go to that place you like, Sneakers!"  Or on the Office how Michael Scott kept calling it Sandals, Jamaica.  Like it was the town of Sandals.  That is what I think of when I think Sandals.

Yeah wasn't it kind of... not crappy exactly, but not fancy-pants, top of the line, like Heather?  Or, like Heather thinks she is.

Bwah! Right! I thought the same thing! How embarrassing! A crappy-ass Sandals resort. I mean, maybe it's nice, and you can get an upgrade, but it's a crappy-ass Sandals! So unadventurous and unimaginative. And I'm not being a 'hater,' <eyeroll>, I assure you. I was green with envy when these rubes went to Fiji(?), I believe, and stayed in those gorgeous villas on/in the water. I have always thought, though, that Madame Puppet and Miss Terry have just as much unsophisticated rube in them as the rest of these hicks, though. Color me unimpressed.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Private Pyle's PTSD stems from the fact that he was given orders and couldn't treat his superiors the way he treats that slob of  wife he is married to. I am of the "less Brianna(the toad), more commercials" mind. I'd rather see commercials for Meso or that Walking Taco.

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap. Author! Author!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Sheesh, Terry is a jerk. 

So does Ry-ass have a job -- lookin' as scary as he does?  Hmmm, I hear the Trump campaign is staffing up.  Possible fit?

Close call with soda out the nose!  He would be perfect.  Has that look that says 'I stockpile guns at the compound' while waiting for 'Murica to be great again.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I didn't think they were real because that were in a bag. I have several real pearl sets and they are all in lined, hinged presentation boxes and either snapped or somehow mounted into place. I also have nice and not particularly cheap either costume pearls that came in the designer logoed bags like that one. Shannon likes to think she's rock'n roll (black polish, black moto jackets, etc) and seems to like him to pick things that acknowledge that youthful fantasy. I thought they were pretty but definitely as mentioned more Barbara Bush than Gwen Stefani.

I had a girlfriend that always wanted to be mounted at her place? My wife's jewelry comes to the house in plastic bags and padded mailers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought Tamra was doing it for him at home.

She took over for him after he left his executive position.   C.O.O.T.F.     (chief officer of towel folding)

Sandals, Sneakers, Captain Tibes......laughing a lot today.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I find myself shocked because I am actually impressed and moved by Tamra's words to Eddie about Sarah and Ava. I am totally on board with his advice that she needs to stay out of Ryan's relationship, but I liked when she explained that she wanted to keep a good relationship with Sarah because she is Ava's mother. I wouldn't have expected that from the Tamra of old. I would have thought that she would completely take Ryan's side in the whole deal and wash her hands of Sarah and Ava. Instead she wants to do the thing that will keep her closer to her granddaughter. It's not an easy situation, that's for certain. 

Actually, now that I think about it - that DOES seem out of character for Tamra. She has always defended her son to her husbands, made excuses for him. Maybe she feels some sort of affinity for Sarah? I also liked how she said something about "I AM family!" when Sarah mentioned that girls saw her as family. If Tamra wants to stay on good terms with them, without causing a problem between Sarah and Ryan, that would be pretty cool. 

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

My impression is that whole scene was staged so we could see what a cool and badass mom she was - "Suck it up, buttercup."  And that kid was fine to go to school.

Possibly from the parental end, but the child didn't seem like she was staging anything. IMO, she seemed to get more and more embarrassed and was on the verge of tears at one point. I don't mind if kids are on these shows, they exist. But I like them as background characters - when we start hearing too much about THEIR daily lives, I get uncomfortable. Now she's had her scabs being treated shown on TV, speculation about whether she's sick or not, "scared" of something at school, etc. No cool. 

2 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

Do Heather and Terry not realize they have three other children besides spoiled Coco?

Yea, the 12-year-old girl who was basically given a pass to start sneaking vodka in her drinks in two years. 

• Love 5
On 6/28/2016 at 1:35 PM, Should Be Working said:

And let's not forget that touching Dubrow family scene, with Heather and Terry tossing cantaloupe chunks and other breakfast fruit from the balcony to their children massed and jumping about together in the yard below. Breakfast time, kids. Don't worry if it lands on the sidewalk, just pick it up and enjoy it.

Later today, we'll all go visit the monkey cages at the nearby zoo.

It was a joke, and personally I thought it was cute. 

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Bwah! Right! I thought the same thing! How embarrassing! A crappy-ass Sandals resort. I mean, maybe it's nice, and you can get an upgrade, but it's a crappy-ass Sandals! So unadventurous and unimaginative. And I'm not being a 'hater,' <eyeroll>, I assure you. I was green with envy when these rubes went to Fiji(?), I believe, and stayed in those gorgeous villas on/in the water. I have always thought, though, that Madame Puppet and Miss Terry have just as much unsophisticated rube in them as the rest of these hicks, though. Color me unimpressed.

I see what you're saying, but considering the age gaps between the kids, this type of place is probably best for a family vacation,  There is a kid's club, kid's acitivities at the pool, they have a butler, you can hire babysitter, so the parents can go out at night.  They didn't squeeze 6 people into one room, they have the family villa, which ain't cheap.  Sure they could have rented a house on the sand, but what kind of fun is that for kids that age?.  It would be pretty boring if you ask me.  I know that my kids, 15 and 14, would totally prefer an all inclusive vs. renting a home on the beach, even it if is a mansion.  Heck, I prefer it too.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 18
(edited)

uOne thing that I find amusing beyond all description is the idea that your husband is going to WANT to spend more time with you and the kids.

The way Pleather rides Mr Terry's ass is the first reason. His jokes are his defense - her fucking pecking must be insufferable.

"Terry, instead of us building a giant home with useless rooms and pay for scads of stupid fixtures , let's get a smaller home, it will save us money and you don't have to work so hard........." Nope, let's build a McMansion and get back to work.

I loved the "False/Positive Angiogram" story. That was a poke in Bicki's eye? "MY HUSBAND WAS SICK and WE went to the DOCTORS - And he is FINE!!!"

"I almost lost Terry, if he can't work, we lose the house - my HW paycheck isn't enough..........."

Edited by ElDosEquis
I kant spel gud.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I see what you're saying, but considering the age gaps between the kids, this type of place is probably best for a family vacation,  There is a kid's club, kid's acitivities at the pool, they have a butler, you can hire babysitter, so the parents can go out at night.  They didn't squeeze 6 people into one room, they have the family villa, which ain't cheap.  Sure they could have rented a house on the sand, but what kind of fun is that for kids that age?.  It would be pretty boring if you ask me.  I know that my kids, 15 and 14, would totally prefer an all inclusive vs. renting a home on the beach, even it if is a mansion.  Heck, I prefer it too.  

Very good points.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I love the way that Heather handled Vicki. Telling her that she didn't care about what Brooks did, only what Vicki did. I have always loved Heather more when she is with the other gals than when she is with Terry. IMO she tends to be the voice of reason more often than not and she brings a nice balance to the others. 

I don't have any problem with what Terry said about not feeling guilty. As a mom who has always worked and more often than not had to travel A LOT, I've often said the same thing. I don't feel at all guilty about my job or the time I spend away. It makes me a happier person and therefore a better mom to my kids. I only sometimes feel bad because I don't feel any guilt, because apparently society things that I should feel guilt. 

THIS.  I work full-time and during the work week I see my kids for maybe 1.5 to 2 hours a day.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I'm home on the weekends and I'm pretty sure I could pick them out of a line up so....

But I would never admit to that on national television.  Egads. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

Do Heather and Terry not realize they have three other children besides spoiled Coco?  And Terry, you are a shitty dad. I would be heartbroken, as a child, to hear that shit he said about not feeling guilty. I am almost 50 years old and my dad ADORES me and my siblings like a mother hen. 

There's 3 others???? ;) j/k.....the other 3 must be the Non-Coco's, ala Non Gigi Hadid fame. ( or is it 'not'?)

• Love 5

I thought this was the first epi of the season so I guess I missed it. Was it as boring as this one? Yikes.

Why was Brianna driving if she has just had surgery and is having complications? Why isn't Vicki driving? I also got a kick out of Vicki saying in her TH that she has to concentrate on the business this year because she needs to support her family. Really Vic? Your kids are grown (at much as you will let them grow up) and the con artist has left you. Who is there to support? OTOH you have gifted Michael with a VP position and I am sure there are more cars in Brianna's future so I have answered my own question.

Hate the new HW. Did love her though giving her kid (not) a bottle of cough syrup to chug right after the TH where she pats herself on the back regarding what a great mother she is. I think there was a mix up in test results and Kelly is really the one with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I really do not want yet another season of Heather complaining that Terry works too much, while she is spending yet another year finishing the mega mansion. Obviously the money has to come from somewhere Heather. And even more obvious Terry (even without him voicing it on camera) is all too happy to rake in the money if it means he can spend more time away from home. Sounds like in the end they are both doing exactly what makes them happiest. So STFU Heather.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I loved the "False/Positive Angiogram" story. That was a poke in Bicki's eye? "MY HUSBAND WAS SICK and WE went to the DOCTORS - And he is FINE!!!"

Oh my gosh, that never occurred to me! Genius!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Beden said:

With respect, if Ryan--or any vet or first responder-- is suffering from PTSD he needs serious psychological counseling, both for himself and perhaps his family as well and may also  possibly need meds along with compassion.

My apologies. I meant no disrespect. I live in a military town and have great respect for vets. It was meant as a joke with all the initials but it came out all kinds of wrong. So sorry.........slinking off now.

• Love 2
(edited)

It is sad that Tamra has not seen her daughter in two years. Simon and this show most likely has turned Sidney away from Tamra. I think that Tamra was the breadwinner in this family for awhile without any acknowledgement from Simon. Mother and daughter deserve to have some type of a relationship regardless of how Tamra portrays herself on this show. Simon should do something to encourage Sidney to at least have lunch with her mother once a quarter.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 6

I thought I couldn´t love Kelly more but then she brought out the "my husband is an NPD" stuff! Sorry, but as soon as she was lunching with crazy Vicky, I got the feeling that this person would be the one to turn this show around, from sucky to, I don´t know, awesome! And then at Meghans´ she started talking and she literally made the show turn into a cartoon for me, and I´m not on drugs or anything. It just kept going and going and going. I don´t know where she came from but she´s great, and I loved hearing and seeing Shannon, Tamra and Meghan reacting to her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know it's been mentioned that Kelly looks like Cheryl Burke, but I also think she has the mannerisms of Eva Longoria's character in Desperate Housewives. She even sounds like Eva. 

Edited by Anna525
Typos
  • Love 1
On June 29, 2016 at 0:36 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I like the family aspect being shown...gives a full picture of a housewife....and in the earlier seasons, the kids were the trainwrecks and the housewives were less messy.

Yes i enjoy seeing the families in their everyday life and interactions much more than screaming fights between the housewives, where they rehash over and over and over some issue until I want to scream!

• Love 3

Kelly telling the other women they were mean to Vicky while knowing very little about the situation - mistake.  Diving into Tamra's divorce was another mistake and then she trashed her own husband.  Three for three.  

While I agree with Eddie that Tamra should stay out of her son's baby mama drama, he spoke to her rudely very bossy like Simon used to .  He sounded a lot like Simon.  If Tamra wants to give her son money that's her business and her right unless it gets out of hand. 

• Love 7
On 6/29/2016 at 2:41 AM, Giselle said:

Or not. When sick we chugged cough syrup as a kids with no ill effects. Not a substance abuse nor addiction problem in the family.

Well not everyone has addiction problems BUT for a large segment of the population they were introduced very early to drinking and drugging. It's just not a smart thing to teach your kid....Oh just swig this and the pain will stop. Uh NO...Cold or cough syrup (whatever it is) is not for a sore knee!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Well not everyone has addiction problems BUT for a large segment of the population they were introduced very early to drinking and drugging. It's just not a smart thing to teach your kid....Oh just swig this and the pain will stop. Uh NO...Cold or cough syrup (whatever it is) is not for a sore knee!

The girl was also claiming to be sick with a cold/fever.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Wasn't introduced to drinking and drugging at an early age, parents were mostly tea-totelers for the most part and taught us respect for when one drinks alcohol or takes a prescription but, horror of horrors, we didn't use a teaspoon when given OTC cough syrup when sick! We even survived the lawn darts, bb guns and whittling knives passed down to us by our grandparents and still have a healthy respect for life. All that without a subscription to Parents Magazine.

I've never cared for large brush stroke statements, which is why I responded as I did to earlier posts, but I believe "a large segment" of parents are responsible for the most part. They may have their kids take a swig of cough syrup when a spoon isn't handy or do something unorthodox to get the job done with their children none the worse for it and I am damn sure not gonna knock Kelly, as much as I dislike her, for that. She hasn't been seen ...yet... to be as uninvolved as Lauri was with her son, or as controlling and mind fucking as Vicki has been with her kids, or laughing off and tolerating bad behavior as Jenna did, or bailing a lazy son out all the time like Tamra, or as irresponsible as Lynne and her husband were on soooo many levels with their daughters. 

I'll stand by cutting Kelly slack for telling her daughter to take a swig of cough syrup on a rushed school morning.

Have a good day, I'm on to other topics.

Edited by Giselle
Clarity
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Kelly telling the other women they were mean to Vicky while knowing very little about the situation - mistake.  Diving into Tamra's divorce was another mistake and then she trashed her own husband.  Three for three.  

While I agree with Eddie that Tamra should stay out of her son's baby mama drama, he spoke to her rudely very bossy like Simon used to .  He sounded a lot like Simon.  If Tamra wants to give her son money that's her business and her right unless it gets out of hand. 

I know that parent(s) often help out a child with a few bucks now and then? But the Automated Teller Mother -open 24/7 - is something that's probably abused more often than not.

No with-drawl fees, interest or forms to fill out. No minimum balance fees or late charges. IF it is all tamarat's money? It's on her to lend and collect (her stupid idea about NOT expecting to be paid back is great, if you have 8k to lose?) the money - but only if it's HER money to lend and it doesn't affect the day to day running of the household?

Eight thousand dollars is a lot of loot to throw out the window - especially when you throw it out the window at a family member.

tamarat is going to get hit with more costs - "the baby is coming over and I need money for food, diapers, Can you give me some money to fill up the tank in my truck, Can you watch the baby while I go out on a date? I met a girl on Insta-sham and am in love......" Fucking moron.

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, ghoulina said:

Actually, now that I think about it - that DOES seem out of character for Tamra. She has always defended her son to her husbands, made excuses for him. Maybe she feels some sort of affinity for Sarah? I also liked how she said something about "I AM family!" when Sarah mentioned that girls saw her as family. If Tamra wants to stay on good terms with them, without causing a problem between Sarah and Ryan, that would be pretty cool. 

The problems would be between the Ex and any new women being brought into the equation - instead of telling him that your child is more important than a new piece of ass - she laughs about him meeting another woman on SM.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Wasn't introduced to drinking and drugging at an early age, parents were mostly tea-totelers for the most part and taught us respect for when one drinks alcohol or takes a prescription but, horror of horrors, we didn't use a teaspoon when given OTC cough syrup when sick! We even survived the lawn darts, bb guns and whittling knives passed down to us by our grandparents and still have a healthy respect for life. All that without a subscription to Parents magazine.

I don't worry about the kid developing an addiction. My issue is just the safety concerns of not giving an accurate dose. She has no idea how much the kid took, and if she's supposed to take it several times a day and just keeps swigging like that, she may end up ingesting more than she needs for her size. I don't know what kind it is, but taking too much cough syrup can make you throw up, have trouble breathing, raise your blood pressure, etc. I'm sure it can happen and be fine, but I certainly wouldn't be airing that on national TV. It doesn't set a good example. 

• Love 4

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Kelly so far. To me, she's one of those people who is just...ridiculous, for lack of a better word. I don't think she's playing up for the cameras, necessarily; I think she's probably outrageous in real life -- one of those women who you meet and you're like, "Christ, this crazy bitch should be on a reality show." I could see how deep down behind that cartoon character mask, there could even be a nice (if over-the-top) person.

I think Kelly has the potential to be reality show gold like many new additions were NOT. Not too nice (Lizzy), too meek (Lydia), too fake (Peggy), too out of her element (Quinn). But, of course, we shall see.

I certainly already like her more than Megan, who to me acts like a 13 year old girl. I'm Megan's age (and a gay male FWIW), and girls like her who haven't grown up and literally still seem like they are still 13 both annoy me and weird me out. I swear Colette is probably 10x more mature than Megan!

• Love 9

Kelly said that when she was growing up, she was picked on and always ganged up in..so thats why she's friendly with Vicki.  Yet, she's instantly taking pot shots at Shannon..and bought up Tamra's divorce..etc.  She's an example of old theory that those that were bullied growing up become bullies as adults.

• Love 2

Why is Vicki still carrying on like she's some big business tycoon?  Her divorce settlement indicated she is solidly middle class with a mortgaged house and leased car.  She talks about her "legacy" in grandiose terms, but all that consists of is an insurance agency in a rented office.  None of her other business ventures have done anything but make her a laughingstock:  Vicky Lynn Jeans, Wine by Wives, Vicki's Vodka, WooHoo Productions, Fake Diamonds by Vicki, V by Vicki perfume.  Without the income from the show, she'd be lucky to hang on to the house she and Donn bought.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Why is Vicki still carrying on like she's some big business tycoon?  Her divorce settlement indicated she is solidly middle class with a mortgaged house and leased car.  She talks about her "legacy" in grandiose terms, but all that consists of is an insurance agency in a rented office.  None of her other business ventures have done anything but make her a laughingstock:  Vicky Lynn Jeans, Wine by Wives, Vicki's Vodka, WooHoo Productions, Fake Diamonds by Vicki, V by Vicki perfume.  Without the income from the show, she'd be lucky to hang on to the house she and Donn bought.  

Everything is filed under the big corporation umbrella: Vicki's Delusions Inc. 

• Love 14
(edited)
On 6/29/2016 at 4:22 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes! We are all just individuals with different preferences. To each their own and to all be well. Weirdly, I have connections to both T&C AND Sandals. How weird.

I just love T&C so much because of what its not. To me it's the anti-Sandals.The anti-normal vacation. For other places in the world I would choose a luxury resort. I admit to having an emotional tie to T&C. My favorite vacation of all time was visiting Salt Cay in a rented beach home, visiting locals, walking/golf carting everywhere, sleeping outside under the stars, hiking, bike riding and obviously scuba diving. No internet, no mass pollution, no chain restaurants or cars- just another world. Maybe I was a weird kid/ teenager/ adult!

Don't get me wrong, I would jump for joy and then some if someone offered me a trip to Sandals anywhere. I'm not picky. Any vacation is a good thing to me! But it was so cool and unique to get away from the commercialized corporate world for a bit and unplug. Where else are you going to walk outside your "home" and pet the donkeys that hang out around the property, and possibly get... oh wait, that's the other show! Though now that I think about this, that seems like a nightmare for Terry and Heather! (And their children.) Also Sandals was so prominently featured that it had to be a (nearly) free trip. Oh to be on reality TV! 

Minority of one: I'm semi-interested in Briana, because of her having grown up with the cameras. She does not put on airs. At all. That being said, I don't enjoy her presence on my TV or anything. I just find her clips somewhat interesting. Which is weird because I find her dull.

I missed it if anyone mentioned Shannon and David's kiss at dinner. Too hot for TV, eh?

Tamra, you haven't pissed me off yet this season. I must be in a good mood or something. Although, agree adoption has nothing to do with your attitude towards helping family. Eddie's family story is interesting to me, but since it wasn't in the episode I guess I'll try harder to stay on topic.

Kelly was engaged during the separation? I don't remember when this was, but that sounds confusing for her daughter. As far as the age-old cough syrup debate- I don't think it's a big deal for someone to take a gulp of cough syrup if they're sick. I don't think people who don't measure their cough syrup are doomed. I don't always measure myself. There were a few things shown in that specific scene only that I'm not in huge favor of- I'm only clarifying this because I didn't want to sound preachy towards anyone in my past comment. And now- if I speak of it again, please throw tomatoes. That article posted by wirewrap was a real treat however, - thanks for the tea on Kelly!

ETA: Vicky Lynn Jeans is the funniest thing I've ever heard Snarky McSnarky.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Did Shannon have some work done? Her face looks bloated.

Shannon had mentioned that she has gained weight. She talked about "a natural boob job" or something like that

• Love 2
On July 1, 2016 at 1:10 AM, zulualpha said:

I think $8,000 without consulting your spouse qualifies as out of hand. It's "their money" not "her money".

• Love 8

I think $8,000 without consulting your spouse qualifies as out of hand. It's "their money" not "her money".

It also sounded to me like this was a conversation they'd had maybe 7,000 times already and he was simply fed up with going around the  block again. My brother was hitting dad up for 'loans' til bro was in his 50's, never paid them back and was pissed when, as dad's executor, I fulfilled my father's wishes by not forgiving the 6 figure debt he'd built up and assumed would be wiped clean. Loving high end houses on lakes, good restaurants and travel, he's still living paycheck to paycheck in his late 60's--not my problem and his choice to make but I'll be damned if I'll finance it for him.

With the best of intentions, you may not be helping you kid by always bailing them out (literally or figuratively). Help is one thing, enabling is a different matter.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/2/2016 at 10:47 PM, Granimal said:

ETA: Vicky Lynn Jeans is the funniest thing I've ever heard Snarky McSnarky.

Here's a video of Vicki Gunnerson (according to Reporter Haley) launching her denim line:  "A dream I've had for six or seven months."  Sadly, you don't get to see the jeans in this video.   A few weeks after the launch, the company went belly-up, and Vicki Lynn Jeans were no more.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 2

Just catching up...

I appreciated Terry's honesty about feeling guilty about not feeling guilty about missing time with his kids.  I don't have kids and people seem to take that as a free pass to tell me how much they wish they weren't parents, but felt like they had to in order to meet society's expectations.  Seeing Terry admit the same thing was humorous.  He's in charge of making the money and Heather's in charge of the family, they both seem ok with that.  He doesn't seem like the type to regret the decision later.

Shannon was awesome in her contractor gear.  I wonder if their business has taken a hit with the whole affair story.

Kelly has been brought on to be Vicki's friend, and to be the crazy new person.  I'm guessing she's stayed with her husband because there is some kind of pre-nup in play. From watching them together it's pretty clear they seem more like acquaintances more than anything.  There was no warmth there.

Meghan gets a storyline because she's trying to get pregnant?  Ok.  They do need someone that's under 40 on the show too.

• Love 1

I forgot something until I saw this again today.  It was strange that Dr. Terry said to Heather that he didn't understand why she'd use self tanner when they were going to the beach and would be in the sun.  To which Heather replied that Terry knew she never went in the sun.  I was a little surprised that the good doctor approved of sun bathing.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Here's a video of Vicki Gunnerson (according to Reporter Haley) launching her denim line:  "A dream I've had for six or seven months."  Sadly, you don't get to see the jeans in this video.   A few weeks after the launch, the company went belly-up, and Vicki Lynn Jeans were no more.

If you close your eyes, you would swear that was a porn without moans.   Nice porno stock music.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I forgot something until I saw this again today.  It was strange that Dr. Terry said to Heather that he didn't understand why she'd use self tanner when they were going to the beach and would be in the sun.  To which Heather replied that Terry knew she never went in the sun.  I was a little surprised that the good doctor approved of sun bathing.

I'm not surprised. Many Dr.'s have bad habits themselves that they scold their patients about doing.  

• Love 2

double post. 

On 7/1/2016 at 6:37 PM, HelloOutThere said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Kelly so far. To me, she's one of those people who is just...ridiculous, for lack of a better word. I don't think she's playing up for the cameras, necessarily; I think she's probably outrageous in real life -- one of those women who you meet and you're like, "Christ, this crazy bitch should be on a reality show." I could see how deep down behind that cartoon character mask, there could even be a nice (if over-the-top) person.

I think Kelly has the potential to be reality show gold like many new additions were NOT. Not too nice (Lizzy), too meek (Lydia), too fake (Peggy), too out of her element (Quinn). But, of course, we shall see.

I certainly already like her more than Megan, who to me acts like a 13 year old girl. I'm Megan's age (and a gay male FWIW), and girls like her who haven't grown up and literally still seem like they are still 13 both annoy me and weird me out. I swear Colette is probably 10x more mature than Megan!

I would be surprised to see her make it. I think her racist rant will be her undoing. It's rare that you have someone out and about, drunk, and interviewing that they "don't like black men", and "don't even know any black men". How the hell does that even come out of your mouth? I will continue to watch her in the hope that she actually meets a black man during the run of the season, just to see how she deals. 

• Love 6

Kelly has no chemistry with the rest of the cast. Tamra, Gretchen, and Shannon immediately had it.  Heather grew into it.  Kelly is a try hard, but IMO, falls flat.  

All we really need is Vacation Shannon every few episodes.  I could watch Mrs Beador throw back straight vodka all day.  

• Love 7