Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Myriad

• Start Topic

Can I just say that I don't get the description? There are conservatively at least 5 invulnerable-to-Kryptonite Kryptonians, a living supercomputer and some number of other Fort Rozz escapees on Team Non. WTF do they need a couple million random humans as part of an "army" for?

Hostages, I'd get. Or  pacified subjects, sure. 

But the notion that they are going to be doing any fighting on behalf of Team Non seems strange.

Can I just say that I don't get the description? There are conservatively at least 5 invulnerable-to-Kryptonite Kryptonians, a living supercomputer and some number of other Fort Rozz escapees on Team Non. WTF do they need a couple million random humans as part of an "army" for?

Hostages, I'd get. Or  pacified subjects, sure. 

But the notion that they are going to be doing any fighting on behalf of Team Non seems strange.

Not when you consider that Non knows that Kara would rather die herself than hurt any human, even in self-defense.  What better use of human cannon fodder than to make it the type of cannon fodder that Kara would never turn her full powers on in order to defeat it?

• Love 3

Not when you consider that Non knows that Kara would rather die herself than hurt any human, even in self-defense.  What better use of human cannon fodder than to make it the type of cannon fodder that Kara would never turn her full powers on in order to defeat it?

That would make them hostages and not an "army" in my mind. 

But that brings it back to why would Team Non want to bother with cannon fodder/moral dilemmas to stop Supergirl when they can outnumber her and her cousin, when they could just literally shove her into Kryptonite, etc etc. 

From what I gathered from the sneak peeks (and I could be getting it wrong),

the goal of Myriad isn't to form a zombie army to stop Supergirl; it's to save the planet by mind controlling the whole world.  They're just starting in National City.

• Love 2

I caught the second half of the episode and it confirms my strong belief that the show would be so much better if it ditched James, Winn, and Lucy.

Kara, Alex, J'onn, and Cat (with Max Lord as a recurring gray hat) make for a far more interesting, engaging show.

Cat and Supergirl's conversation was awesome (Cat totally knows) and Alex vs Kara is going to be hard to watch! Hope J'onn can manage to not die in between episodes....

• Love 8

So, Non has control of Superman but decides not to use him ?  Really ?

How did Indigo get loose ?  Did I miss that ?

With all this hope talk I was beginning to wonder if Green Arrow was going to show up -- since they were preaching Beacon of Hope repeatedly a couple of episodes ago on 'Arrow'.

Was that a short episode ?  The last scene was at 8:55, and I expected an end scene or something.

ETA:  I liked Cat's crack about Harrison Ford at the start of the episode.  Nicely done Callista.

ETA2: So, if once Myriad is started it can't be stopped, what happened to all those people in Argo City back on Krypton ?  Were they euthanized after Non and Astra were captured ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Well now that we got the Harrison Ford joke out of the way....It was pretty decent.  We've seen little hints that Cat likes Ker-rah, but it was nice for her for Kara to hear it said to her.  I'm not sure if Cat really knows who Supergirl really is or Cat said it to boost her confidence.  

I'm liking Max more when he's a thorn in their side but not 100% eeeeeevil.  We have enough of that with the Fort Rozz escapees.

I'm hoping the finale does well enough to secure a renewal.  The show is still going through some growing pains, but if they can fix some of the duds, it can be the brightest show in the DC Universe. 

• Love 3

Why do they keep acting like Astra had gone good and changed her ways.  She was the one who armed Myriad before she fought MM and then she planned to kill MM. Yeah, so she didn't want her niece in a state of eternal dreamland. That wasn't so Kara could stop Myriad.  She probably was still hoping she'd win Kara over to her way of thinking. Besides she still had that streak of white hair like Stripe in the first Gremlins. Clearly she was evil and had to die.

Speaking of hair. Indigo and that terrible half of hair-do keeps me from taking any of her scenes seriously. She needs to go see who ever did Vasquez's new do she was looking stylish and deadly.

I wish J'onn and Alex had gotten to hang out with her mom a little longer.

I love MM.  He and Alex were missed last episode.

They should have kept Superman off world. That reason they came up with as to why he succumbed to the Borg, I mean Myriad was Non-sense(pun intended...I'm sorry...).

Edited by miracole
  • Love 7

The panic I felt from watching Hank/MM go down totally superseded anything else I felt all episode.  I know this is "Supergirl" and all, but I could probably watch a show of just Alex and Hank.

• Love 10

The panic I felt from watching Hank/MM go down totally superseded anything else I felt all episode. I know this is "Supergirl" and all, but I could probably watch a show of just Alex and Hank.

Oh, I would SO watch a spinoff of their hijinks at the DEO. tbh it would probably be a better show than Supergirl (though I would miss MB and CF for sure).
  • Love 2

Why do they keep acting like Astra had gone good and changed her ways.  She was the one who armed Myriad before she fought MM and then she planned to kill MM. Yeah, so she didn't want her niece in a state of eternal dreamland. That wasn't so Kara could stop Myriad.  She probably was still hoping she'd win Kara over to her way of thinking. Besides she still had that streak of white hair like Stripe in the first Gremlins. Clearly she was evil and had to die.

Speaking of hair. Indigo and that terrible half of hair-do keeps me from taking any of her scenes seriously. She needs to go see who ever did Vasquez's new do she was looking stylish and deadly.

I wish J'onn and Alex had gotten to hang out with her mom a little longer.

I love MM.  He and Alex were missed last episode.

They should have kept Superman off world. That reason they came up with as to why he succumbed to the Borg, I mean Myriad was Non-sense(pun intended...I'm sorry...).

I agree but it was almost worth it for Cat saying "oh you do have a phone - can I have that number? .....Superman? Can I have that number too?"

• Love 7

Oh, I would SO watch a spinoff of their hijinks at the DEO. tbh it would probably be a better show than Supergirl (though I would miss MB and CF for sure).

Alex in costume, Hank shape shifting and practicing his telepathy/mind wiping skills?  They could actually bring Winn along for tech support and comic relief and have a great spin-off.  We could get Supergirl and Cat in the crossovers. :)

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

If Alex had listened to J'Onn and stayed behind he wouldn't have been distracted and might have beaten Indigo, and even if he hadn't Alex wouldn't be there to be mind controlled and fight Supergirl. So that was clearly the right call.

• Love 13
Alex wouldn't be there to be mind controlled

I thought for sure they were going to go straight to the DEO and get those mind blocker things they used in that episode with Jem. Maybe there will be some type of twist coming. It seemed like J'onn did something to Alex just before he passed out.

• Love 1

Supergirl seemed far more disaffected by Superman's mind-control than she did about anyone else- including extra of the week Kelly. She must have read the reviews of his movie.

Speaking of Kelly, her fate might have actually meant something if they'd, I dunno, given her a line in a prior episode. Even the immediately prior episode. Just to indicate that there might be someone at Catco that Kara cares about other than Winn, James, or Cat. Of course, that would have required them to Taft-Hartley an extra, but IMO it would have been well worth the cost!

J'onn seemed awfully casual about hightailing it back to National City. Either he's really polite and didn't want to just bail on Kara and Alex' mom, or else he's still miffed the show sidelined him for the last episode or two. In the latter case, I agree.

Edited by Cthulhudrew

I couldn't figure out that look Cat had when she and Supergirl hugged. Does she know it's Kara? Did she just realize it? Have her and Kara hugged before?

All 3 Supergirls on one show. Cool.

I guess they will do a play on "recognizing his kiss."  I think Cat knew but had that plausible deniability and now that got taken away. 

I'm glad we already got the preview for next week.  Good to know

Jonn's fine

So Kara is faced with fighting her sister.  Who she doesn't want to fight.  So fly away Kara.  It's not like Alex even in a super suit can follow. 

Lol at Supes being put under mind control ....because he grew up with earth culture??  But culture varies radically so by that reasoning anyone that hadn't had the same cultural experience on earth wouldn't be so easily turned into a zombie.  I agree that they should have just left him off planet. I was so proud of them when they got that excuse in there right away only for them to throw it away without a good explanation to back it up.  They owed me better science babble at the very least. 

• Love 8

Yeah, Kelly the random redshirt, kind of made the entire moment a bit goofy, because it was obvious that she was going to be the goner instead of Jimmy or Winn.  If this was always in mind, they should have at least made her appear in the past episodes with a line or two, and make it feel like she has some kind of relationship with Kara.  I understand why Kara was still upset, but it just lack any impact since I didn't even know who she was.

I also understand why Alex was worried for Kara and wanted to help, but I honestly think her making J'onn take her with him, is what has caused J'onn to be stabbed and possibly dead (no!), and her a prisoner and now currently being controlled to attack Kara.  J'onn might have been stronger and able to handle Indigo better, if he was at 100% and not focusing so much power on preventing her mind from being controlled.  Still, I hope Kara finds a way to take her out and not harm her.  I don't think Kara would be able to handle having to kill her sister.

Should have known Maxwell Lord would have a way to prevent getting himself controlled.  And lucky for Cat, he apparently has enough affection for her to give her those special earrings!  I to like that the fate of National City is in the hands of Kara, Maxwell, and Cat.  Now that is a bizarre trio right there!

Nice to see that General Lane can be civil with Kara; at least he can when his daughter's life is in danger.

All the Non/Indigo scenes give me whiplash, because Laura Vandervoot is just camping up to the extreme, while Chris Vance just seems to be letting his British accent do most of the acting for him.

OK, the Harrison Ford joke was pretty amusing.  I'm still hoping he'll somehow cameo as Perry White in a future episode.

• Love 3

Yeah, Non? Hon, I'm gonna need more reasons and less vague as to why  you're doin' what you're doin'.

As pointed out, you have Kal under your control, but don't use him as anything? ( I know- bizarre DC/WB mandates on where and how to use him. Because helping his cousin/providing angst to his cousin is much worse to The Brand than the weirdness of the big screen film.)I was even looking forward to guessing how Kal's face would be obscured! (Making my own fun here.)

You claim to still be hurting over Astra's loss, yet you can be Meglomaniac Whispered by Indigo, a digital/humanoid entity. One who sounds like an ex-girlfriend. I'm not judging taste, but allowing this one anywhere near you, if you know she can use a type of mind control/ suggestion on you to do what she wants. (Pure spec on my part; Non looks almost as into her plans as Indigo does. Like he's enjoying being naughty.)

Where the hell is Maxima?! She was knocked down, but I disbelieve she is recaged. She seems bad-ass and it would tickle me if she and Kara become friendly. Not enemies or frenemies, just respectful acquaintances. 

Still processing how Max and Cat talked to/with Kara, how stupid J'onn was to bring Alex, and poor Kelly. (Non need to be hurt badly for the "Oops; missed one." lines. That's...wrong.)

• Love 2

For all its faults, I find Gotham to be more fun than Supergirl, and I'm happy the finale of the latter is next week. No more tearing through forums so I can get to the DVR to watch what I miss. Not like we can expect Barry to pop up in every episode.

Did not think about how we saw all four Supergirls in one episode. I'm still unimpressed by Indigo in general. And Myriad. Granted, Max's "eight percent" solution would be less drastic than either big screen Superman movie. And I like to think that this Superman figures that Kara has this, and he faked getting mind-controlled. And he probably saved Kelly the Redshirt and faked her death. Too much to expect? I know, I shouldn't poke at the holes this show displays . . . like how Max gave the plot device to Cat. Huh? If this was happening in the real world, would he mail the earrings to Oprah?

Liked the interaction between Ma Danvers and J'onn. Don't know what was up with Maxima. I'm guessing she's going to play a role in the finale, and that she will be sorely lacking compared to her S:TAS counterpart.

• Love 1

- Okay first of all the Maxima appearance was sort of a nice surprise.  Although I was a little disappointed in her showing, especially since they treated her as just another strong alien when her main powers have always been psionic in nature with her enhanced strength just being her augmenting herself with those powers.  Still after Kara getting her butt handed to her all last episode it was nice for them to give her a win early here and look like a competent hero.

- Minor annoyance...but why is it so hard for TV countdowns to be anywhere close to real time?  I am not even talking about the ones that are minutes long....but short ones of just seconds.  I mean would "Prisoner release in 20 seconds" have really been much less dramatic than 15 seconds?  Whatever...

- I had to chuckle at Kara going to check on Lucy and apologizing to her for blasting her without so much as sparing a glance at the nameless extra who we saw land directly beside her who was blasted at the same time.  Kara is apparently not sorry about blasting her.

- Major props for having J'onn use the unsuspecting form of a small kid.  Sure we did not need the red eye flash...but by now I've accepted that this show believes the audience has the intelligence capacity of a bunch of neanderthals and thus has to point out everything obvious like this.  Honestly I'm pleasantly a bit surprised Alex did not whip off her wig and glasses immediately too...

- It has been how many hours since Kara first witnessed people being turned into Non's zombies...even her declaration of love and a kiss did not snap Jimmy out of his trance.  Yet somehow she somehow seems surprised that Winn and James, and Kelly are hivemind zombies and tries to just talk them out of it.  

- After watching Sam Lane announce on TV that National City has been "effectively quarantined"...Kara feels the need to call him up and tell him to keep everyone outside of the city.  *slaps forehead*.   Someone must have played hooky from school the day quarantined was taught as a vocabulary word.  EIther that or Catco is broadcasting an signal which is destroying her brain cells.

Speaking of which I think it's time for another rant on how these writers continually writer nearly everyone to be morons:

1.)  Cat Grant, look I get that she is self absorbed...but I have a hard time believing anyone could believably have not noticed everyone in the dam city was a zombie...  I mean let's start at her apartment.  For starters does she not have hired help?   Does she not listen to anything on the TV or radio in the morning?   Would she really not notice there was no one on the road?   I'm sorry but the idea that she really got to work and that it was not until Supergirl pointed out the crisis that she just then noticed it...NO NO NO BS.

2.) Kara.  Oh god what did these writers do to poor sweet Kara.  First Non says the lines "These are your friends aren't they? I have lived with loss. Let me return the favor".  Now right here without knowing anything else anyone with even a slightly functional brain would probably realize that he intends to kill her friends now.  Yet Kara seems clueless when her friends (and Kelly) stand up and start walking.  Kara just watches as everyone gets up and heads to the balconies.   She does not move instead trying to tell the zombies to stop...because talking to them has worked so so well up until now.  They exit balcony doors.  She does not move.  They stand on the balcony ledges.  SHE HAS NOT MOVED...  They start falling...and finally realization hits that maybe...just maybe she should try to stop these people from plummeting to their deaths.  AAAAAAAAARGH.   Of course at this point it's too late to save them all.  Maybe... After saving James and Winn she's content just floating and watching Kelly plummet to her death without making any effort to catch her too.  What a hero!

3.) Alex.  Were we supposed to view her determination to go with J'onn as noble?  Because nope...for the first time it made me strongly dislike her character.  This was  a situation she knew absolutely nothing about.  There was no actual plan for how she could be useful.  Her inability to realize that forcing J'onn to use half his concentration on shielding her at all times was a disaster waiting to happen considering the likelihood of him encountering Non's Kryptonian army was pathetic.  Her very presence also made an infiltration mission near impossible as he could not leave her side.  It was an incredibly stupid and selfish of Alex to force herself on this mission.

4.) Max figured out that the Kryptonians were going to hijack radio waves and brainwash people.  Since Hank/Alex were unavailable he decided the best course of action was to warn absolutely no one and do nothing, instead letting the whole city get taken over by the Kryptonians?    Perfectly sound logic especially since he had no idea what exactly they would do with those radio waves.  Instead of peaceful brainpower the people could have been made to instantly suicide or to form an actual army.  Surely at the very least he would have warned some of his own best scientific minds so that they could help work on a solution when the time came?   No?  Oh but at least he did create special earrings for Cat Grant.   Earring that he had no idea if she would be wearing on whatever day Myriad was activated....since he had no idea when that actually would be?  *shakes head*  (Keep in mind given that the signal started the night before that she also apparently had to sleep in these earrings and wear them in the shower, while getting dressed etc.  This really never should have worked...)

Moving on...

- Has Mechad Brooks ever used a computer before in his life?   Because that may have been the single worst example of fake typing that I have ever witnessed.  I mean slowly just barely moving his fingers up and down over one set of keys.  Yet we are supposed to believe he is doing some high speed computations as part of a hive mind.  Pffft.  Seriously could the director have not told his actors to actual type something...anything at all rather than just terribly pretending?

Really there were a lot of directorial fails in this episode...I mean why did the characters change clothes?   They are mindless zombies tasked only with solving the world's problems.  I have a hard time believing Indigo/Non sent them a directive to first go home and change into their professional work clothes.  Also what was with all the people milling about when Kara was outside of Catco.  How does that make any sense when everyone is again supposed to be hard at work as part of the hive mind at the time?  *insert eye roll*   Oh and I am pretty sure that Non used the stairs to come into Catco...as if he would have not just smashed his way through a window.

- Did the people responsible for this season actually watch any of the earlier episodes involving Astra?   Because judging from all conversations about her in this episode I have some strong doubts...  Others have already talked about her supposed redemption which really was not.   I would also like to submit Indigo's talk with Non in which she tells him that since Astra's corpse is in space that they underestimated Kara...which Non totally seems to buy despite the fact that Kara has zero role in Astra's death.   I mean Non was even fighting her at the same time as it happened...so yeah.

- Max's hijacked satellites are being protected by forcefields.  Too bad Kara does not know anyone who can turn intangible and fly maybe they could take one of those down.   Also if a signal confined to the city was controlling peoples minds was it ever considered to umm...try taking someone out of the city and its range?  Or to try applying any kind of signal blocker on someone now?

- Max Lord's Kryptonite bomb plan...didn't the Kryptonians invent some kind of protective armor against green K's effect?   Also how does Kara really think she would save her cousin?   Where in between her detonating a bomb in the middle of the city while her cousin is still a brainwashed slave at an unknown location in the city is there an reason to believe that he would be able to exit the city of his own free will and not be killed?   Should I even mention that Indigo does not have a Kryptonite weakness and would still be around to keep things running and that the living computer virus is probably the chief architect of keeping things running?   For that matter even if all the Kryptonians are dead is there not still an forcefield protected satellite keeping people in a brainwashed state?  Also I think Max is completely ignoring the potential radiation factor of coating an entire city in alien space dust.  Where did Max even get enough Kryptonite to actually even pull off such a plan?  I mean last we knew he couldn't get his hands on much ans so he had tried to make a synthetic version which failed miserably.  Seriously...you could drive an Deathstar through all of these plot holes and still have room to spare.

- Max tells Kara a story about how his parents died and so he would never wait for permission to save someone ever again.   This is of course immediately after he got off of videoconferencing with General Lane to get permission from the President to use his bomb.   And of course he seemingly needed Kara's permission to use his bomb too since he apparently had not bothered to create his own delivery mechanism or to save an pilot from being brain controlled...

- Kara has a talk with Cat where she seems to blame her mothers inaction for the death of Krypton?   Okay first of all MB really sells this scene and it is heartwarming.  At least until you think about it a bit.  What inaction did Alura actually do?  I mean action was apparently brainwashing Argo City for the purpose of coming up with a solution.  Which Alura stopped her sister from doing that.  So if Kara saying her mother should have gone along with it?  Does not compute...not when the parallel situation is about Kara bombing the city killing people to stop the plan on Earth that her mother stopped on Krypton?

- Anyways Cat gives her advice and then a hug...and things get weird as a look of realization seems to occur on Cat's face as she pats Supergirls back in a couple places?   Did she just realize Supergirl wears a bra?

- Hank and Alex enter the city and decide their best course of action is to stand exposed out in the open and talk.  Indigo attacks and is thrown in a small shack which then explodes when a telephone pole (which was not there a moment ago) falls down for no apparent reason except that an explosion was needed in the script.   Indigo takes Alex to Non where she tells him that Alex was responsible for killing Astra...which she knew how exactly?  Did Alex or Kara tweet about it or post about it on their Facebook walls? 

- Non decides to send Alex to kill Kara or be killed by Kara.  Because there was certainly no way that Kara with unmatchable superspeed could possibly avoid or subdue her sister without killing her?   This is really the cliffhanger they are leaving us on?

It's at this point I also feel the need to rant about Non and what an awful inconsistent mess of a character he is.  I mean what is with his reluctance to kill Kara?  I mean going back to the beginning he was the one harping on Astra to kill her niece.  For Astra's sake he reluctantly trapped Kara in the Black Mercy instead of killing her.  Now post Astra's death at the funeral he seemingly almost had a bonding moment with Kara, however he followed that up by telling her that when he returns from mourning "the next coffin is yours".   So now we cut back to the present and he seemingly does not want to kill Kara.   I could almost have even bought the excuse about gaining pleasure from making her suffer losing her friends...had he not went and let her actual friends live after she saved them.  Even the way the actor played that scene with Indigo screamed that there was an reluctance to kill Kara for some reason even though there was 100% chance she was going to do something to try to mess things up for him.  Of course then by episodes end he has sent Alex to kill Kara because reasons.  Although like I just said in the previous point sending a single normal human even one armed with Kryptonite and slightly boosted strength against an fully powered Kryptonian seems like an extremely stupid plan. The only way Alex killed Astra was because she was distracted by Hank and did not see her coming.   Now if Indigo had gone with Alex to kill Kara then sure maybe that plan would have had a chance.  So I can't figure out is her or is he not actually trying to kill Kara at this point?

Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 8

Yes! If Hank is gone I may not watch next season. His relationship between Alex and Kara is great, and I loved his scenes with their mom too. I want to see him save Jeremiah.

This episode definitely felt like a season finale, but next week makes me nervous we are going to end with a cliffhanger.

• Love 1

Who was the 4th Supergirl? I got the current one, Helen Slater, and Laura Vandervoort, but who is the other?

That's my bad. I read "3 Supergirls" and figured they were all separate from this show's version.

Anybody else expecting Kara to save the day by cracking open the Autobot Matrix of Leadership?

LOVED the Harrison Ford inside joke!

Both Cat Grant and Calista Flockhart went from being the two things I was the least looking forward to when the show premiered, to being my favorite things about the show. Her inspiring speech to Kara was great.

I love Alex, but that was a stupid decision to join J'onn. It both hampered him in having to watch out for her and weakened his powers trying to shield her from Myriad. SMH.

• Love 5

I took Cat strolling into the office and taking to Kara as being self centered and seeing Kara and not realizing she was in costume until she did.

I very much hope that Cat has already figured it out. ..again. I'll be pissed if she didn't.

• Love 2

What galled me the most about Alex's stupid decision was J'onn going along with it. "You can't stop me." "Okay, fine, good luck getting through the quarantine. See ya!" 

And then when he got there and discovered that protecting Alex screwed him over, then he should have AGAIN called it off, flew her to safety and then come back alone.

So yes, Alex was dumb, but J'onn was extra dumb for repeatedly knowing it was dumb but still going along with it. 

• Love 6

Has Alex learned nothing from her sister?  You don't need a blond wig, just put on a pair of glasses and style your hair differently.

J'onn will, of course, be fine.  He actually got ripped in half in a JLU episode and shook that off.  That being said, his weakness to fire still seems undefined.  Shouldn't standing a few feet away from a giant fire be a problem?

• Love 2

Maxima was definitely underused, but since she was just knocked out we might see her next season. For me she was part of the most unbelievable thing this season, she's played by Eve Torres Gracie, and Superman turned her down. Turning down Eve Torres Gracie, just doesn't compute.

Supergirl could have saved Kelly. She catches James and Winn, and just floats there, come on, fly down, drop them off, and then catch Kelly. That was a stupid moment, because she just watched Kelly plummet to her death.

All in all I did enjoy this episode, and am looking forward to next week.

• Love 4

I hope the show gets renewed, and I hope writers figure it out. My enjoyment of the show rests solely on the performances of Melissa, Chyler, David and Calista. Everything else is. . . not great.

For a split second, when Superman was descending into the streets, I was worried he was going to go all Zack Snyder on the city.

• Love 3

So, Superman was affected by Myriad because he was raised on Earth? Kara has been here an awful long time herself but apparently still thinks enough like a Kryptonian? And hasn't J'onn been there about as long as Kal, yet he is unaffected? I mean, they already had an excuse for Superman to not be involved by having him be off world, why not stick with that? And while having Kara fight Alex will be painful one way or another, having her fight Superman would make for a much more even fight since Kara can just disable Alex's suit.

• Love 2

As pointed out, you have Kal under your control, but don't use him as anything? ( I know- bizarre DC/WB mandates on where and how to use him. Because helping his cousin/providing angst to his cousin is much worse to The Brand than the weirdness of the big screen film.)I was even looking forward to guessing how Kal's face would be obscured! (Making my own fun here.)

But does Non realize that Kal is under Myriad's influence? I imagine that all of those minds are like a big ocean to him. He can concentrate on interacting with a particular molecule of water if he wants, but it's not like he's actual aware of every individual molecule at one time. I think Kara and Cat are the only ones who know that Kal showed up, and they haven't shared that knowledge with Non, so it's possible Non doesn't realize he has that tool in his arsenal (insert own Superdickery joke about Kal being a tool).

• Love 1

But does Non realize that Kal is under Myriad's influence? I imagine that all of those minds are like a big ocean to him. He can concentrate on interacting with a particular molecule of water if he wants, but it's not like he's actual aware of every individual molecule at one time. I think Kara and Cat are the only ones who know that Kal showed up, and they haven't shared that knowledge with Non, so it's possible Non doesn't realize he has that tool in his arsenal (insert own Superdickery joke about Kal being a tool).

When Non came to CatCo to confront Kara he said that the son of Jor El had already fallen. He knew.

Eta:

KirkB, perhaps I'm missunderstanding but I'd assume that Jonn's hundreds or thousands of years on Mars doesn't stack against his time on Earth which until recent decades he had almost no contact with humanity.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3

But does Non realize that Kal is under Myriad's influence?

Yes, he does know what tools he can utilize. *g*  That was why we got the inane explanation of why Kal was affected by Myriad- that he was on Earth too long and  thought as a human.  I would also figure that a Kryptonian brain wave feels different in a sea of humans.  ( He's "surveying" his mindless minions and in one sweep he feels something juuust a bit different- an other texture. Non knows how Kryptonian brains feel, so it matches or is similar to Kara's and/or his Kryptonians.)

*G* or what Delphi said, too.

Edited by Actionmage

What's SO funny is Superman having to be used at a distance like this to protect the integrity of the movie franchise... with the doubly rich irony that after the recent movie the process that had already started in the previous Superman movie has come to it's completion: the movie Superman's integrity is utterly destroyed now. So they've been twisting things so hard to avoid showing him just to "protect" bullshit.

I wish they'd just bite the bullet and cast a different person as Superman--just to give him a tiny bit of facetime here. They can then claim that the Henry Cavill Superman is an "alternate" (perhaps there's some slight difference in DNA in each universe and thus he looks different--oh and is a much bigger asshole in the Synderverse to boot) and nobody's integrity is broken.  I suppose they could also be afraid that if we actually see a Superman's face here, that viewers might not be so keep on the girlie version, but frankly anyone who reacts like that likely wasn't that into Supergirl in the first place.

Edited by Kromm

Who was the 4th Supergirl? I got the current one, Helen Slater, and Laura Vandervoort, but who is the other?

That's my bad. I read "3 Supergirls" and figured they were all separate from this show's version.

Another Supergirl (the 'fake' Kara that killed a bunch of people in an early-season Smallville) was played by Adrianne Palicki -- but she's tied up in the MARVEL universe as Bobbi (Mockingbird) Morse.