Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Myriad

• Start Topic

There was a lot of padding this episode, which means there will probably be even more in the season finale. Can't they just get better writers so that they don't have put so much filler in ? Is it really that difficult ?

I am almost certainly foolish in holding this hope, but I AM a little hopeful that the writers' room gets a retool assuming the show gets a S2. I feel like the uniform response to the show has been "actors are great, potential is there, but writing is very very weak." So maybe, since there is pretty much unilateral consensus on what the show needs to do to improve, that will get done. Maybe?
  • Love 2

I know TPTB want me to think he's a villain, but I'm starting to wonder if the world might be in a better way if he WAS running things. Yes his "Nuke the city!" plan was extreme, but it was better than anyone else's plan (I bet General Lane would have gone along with it). OK, I'm sure Supergirl's "Hug it out!" plan will end up working next week, but if Non was trying at all he could easily kill 7% of the population just with the forces at his disposal NOW. I'm assuming that Non is only keeping them alive to keep just to provide a distraction for Kara.

It doesn't help when everyone else acts like a complete idiot. Great job Alex! Your desperate desire to "Do something!" has managed to incapacitate TWO Superpowered beings while accomplishing.... nothing. How about going to General Lane (he's a jerk, but a loyal jerk) and strategizing with him on how to defeat the Kryptonians? It would even (and I'm sure this wouldn't interest the Producers) be a way to introduce a conflict without all that expensive CGI!

Xenith22  I had to chuckle at Kara going to check on Lucy and apologizing to her for blasting her without so much as sparing a glance at the nameless extra who we saw land directly beside her who was blasted at the same time.  Kara is apparently not sorry about blasting her.

But... she had no lines, therefore she doesn't exist. Just like Kelly the Random Redshirt, whose death will be mourned by none because she never got to speak to anyone.

maczero  I kinda suspect they're going to use the TV station to broadcast some kind of message of hope and love to break the trance.

As another show once put it:

"I bring you love!"
 "He's bringing love! Don't let it get away!"
 "Break its legs!"

Jeff Alexander (Recap) broadcast something so positive and hopeful that it'll override the Myriad signal. My theory, based on the state of this place: the season finale of M*A*S*H.

You mean the one that involved Hawkeye losing his mind after a mother killed her kid to stop it screaming.... that Finale?