Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Real Andrews may be staying away precisely because he’s immune compromised and doesn’t want to risk getting covid. I certainly wouldn’t blame him,

If he's immunocompromised (and if he's on chemo, he is) then the vaccine doesn't offer the same level of protection to him, and Covid is also more likely to be fatal.  So this makes complete sense for him in that case.  I wouldn't expose myself either. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

What are the rumors about Donnell Turner?

I was wondering that, too. I really hope he isn't antivax.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

My local newspaper had a blurb about SB's firing in the entertainment section.  He claimed it was for religious reasons.  Just curious, what is his religion?

It has nothing to do with religion. He tried to use that and then medical reasons to get out of the mandate but TPTB saw it was lies so he changed his tune to the real reason of it being about 'personal freedom.' Like girl, pick a lane and stay in it.

• Love 23
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This doesn't annoy me. It's good to know who is willing to put the rest of the world at risk because they're too stubborn to get a jab.

Wondering how can not getting a jab, that doesn't even prevent the "jabee" from from still being able to contract covid themselves & pass it on, put the rest of the world at risk when its clear that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission?

Just some thoughts outta the box.🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Maybe people have gotten the Chads mixed up? I know I saw a reference to anti-vaxxer Chad Brannon recently and my brain only saw the Chad part and went straight to Duell. 

To me, Eeyore looks too meek and mild to be pro- or anti- much of anything. Maybe I’m projecting from the Michael character, but he mostly just seems confused.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe people have gotten the Chads mixed up? I know I saw a reference to anti-vaxxer Chad Brannon recently and my brain only saw the Chad part and went straight to Duell. 

To me, Eeyore looks too meek and mild to be pro- or anti- much of anything. Maybe I’m projecting from the Michael character, but he mostly just seems confused.

I do think people are mixing up Brannon and Duell here. Chad Duell posted some sort of heart emoji like most of the cast did, but it was Chad Brannon that was fervent about his support of Steve taking a stand or whatever. Along with the actor that plays Brando. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You TEASE!!!! I thought this might have been someone who wasn’t already on the show, albeit, recurring! I was hoping this was Emma Samms!!!

I don't see Emma Samms coming back anytime soon. Didn't she just get married again? (She seems to be mainly in the UK these days, isn't she?) But if I'm wrong, time will tell.

I thought Emma Samms was still dealing with long Covid, at least somewhat. I did see she got married recently. She also did a fundraiser for long haulers. So she might be hopefully doing better, but not sure if she's well enough to work again.

18 hours ago, racked said:

I do think people are mixing up Brannon and Duell here. 

Some have, but Chad Duell has a history of...questionable Twitter likes and Twitter follows, going back years before COVID. I won't go further so as not to break the rules of the forum, but let's just say both Chads have a history/appear to be...well, both total "Chads" (the male "Karen", for context). 

• Love 9

I had no idea Duell was a such a douche. Happily, I already hate Michael so this is no disappointment. There are other actors I would just rather not know too much about, just in case. 

• Love 7

Ladies and gentlemen,

Since politics still seems to be seeping in, I think it is time to move past recent events. Things have gotten too political, and it is almost impossible to separate given the circumstances. And, anyway, I think this has been discussed enough. It has been at least a week out now.

In that case, let us return to what this thread is for: Press involving the show itself and not the politically-tinged drama outside of it.

Thanks.

• Love 7
On 12/1/2021 at 9:04 PM, Hater said:

I don't think KM is interested in politics period, she's mostly concerned with the paycheck depositing into her bank account.

Sounds like my kind of actress! I can do without knowing much about actors and actresses and their personal lives. I mean, who wants to know that Bing Crosby was a craptastic dad or that Marilyn Monroe had IBS? I want to go on seeing Bing as the voice of Christmas and Marilyn as this gorgeous woman with no issues. I want these people to be exactly how I imagine them to be in my mind. Don't need them crushing that personal vision. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Sounds like my kind of actress! I can do without knowing much about actors and actresses and their personal lives. I mean, who wants to know that Bing Crosby was a craptastic dad or that Marilyn Monroe had IBS? I want to go on seeing Bing as the voice of Christmas and Marilyn as this gorgeous woman with no issues. I want these people to be exactly how I imagine them to be in my mind. Don't need them crushing that personal vision. 🤣

I know what you mean, especially in terms of the ones who aren't with us anymore. But for the ones that are, some of them are doing real harm, and need to be called out....not necessarily on these pages, but with HR departments. I know it's a gray area. Primetimer has a story on its main page about Jeff Garlin that's the perfect example of that ambiguity. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

I’m not sure the reliability of the source, but fingers crossed this is true even for a brief appearance:

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2021/12/constance-towers-set-to-return-to.html

Unless they reveal that her death was a “death” and she’s actually alive, it will probably some dream/hallucination/refilmed memory. Which, BAH! But I’ll still watch for her scenes only.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, paisley said:

Maybe she can kill Peter !!!

If anyone would do it without a second thought, it would be Helena, but I suspect someone else will get the hero moment. Maybe Maxie? I don't really care who does it as long as it ensures Peter is most decidedly dead. I've enjoyed WR's mustache-twirling—he may as well go all in there, given how ridiculous the story is—but Peter's freshness date is long in the past. 

• Love 4

Brad Maule is teaching at the School of Theatre at Stephen F. Austin University, his alma mater, in Nacogdoches, Texas (BM's a Texas native). How cool!

https://theatre.sfasu.edu/people.php?link=facstaff&id=69

I knew he had moved to Texas sometime back, thanks to this discussion with him, Jackie Zeman, Kin Shriner, and Shell Danielson (side note: Shell looks a LOT like Lynn Herring now, wow) back in May, but I just found out about his teaching (or maybe he mentioned it here and I just forgot, I don't know).

Here's the conversation, if you missed it at the time:

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

So I know the chances of Jane Elliot coming back are slim to none.

But if anyone has heard otherwise, please let me know.

I did watch a recent episode with Brooke and Chase, but Tracy's absence just makes the experience sad for me.

I wish she'd come back for one final good bye, but....can't see it happening.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So I know the chances of Jane Elliot coming back are slim to none.

Didn't she come back last year after Ned cheated to urge him to win Olivia back, because she felt Olivia was the future Monica?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Didn't she come back last year after Ned cheated to urge him to win Olivia back, because she felt Olivia was the future Monica?

Sort of. Ned and Olivia were still together but Tracy found out Ned cheated and was conspiring against Alexis while all of a sudden being Olivia’s biggest cheerleader. Ironically her meddling was the reason that Olivia figured out the truth because she questioned why Tracy would set up Alexis like that out of the blue. That’s what led to their split. I love Tracy but it was waste of a return to bring her back for that SL and had her do nothing about ELQ being taken over by Valentin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

https://deadline.com/2021/12/meet-the-mayhems-live-action-comedy-gets-series-order-by-disney-1234888335/

Nooooooooo! We just got the Cassadine band together again! But since this article isn't about JSP's personal schedule, it's hard to know if he'd have to leave altogether in order to work on this.

I don't think he'd have to. I'm sure GH will accommodate his filming schedule with his new series. I don't think the filming of his new show will be grueling or too time consuming. 

• Love 4

A Free Britney Twitter account that started in March 2021, but currently has about 20,000 followers has reported that Chad Duell and Courtney Hope have already split less than two months after their marriage.

I'd be inclined to write it off as a false rumor, but for a couple of things:

1. Why would the account veer from its focus to post a false rumor about soap actors?

(Granted, the Free Britney aspect of Britney's life is, hopefully, at a close, and the tweeter may want to attract new followers, but they'll lose followers if this is a hoax.)

2. The person tagged Duell and Hope, which is weird no matter how you slice it and extra weird if it's a hoax.

Here's a screenshot, in case they delete or Twitter won't load for you.

1547744313_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_39_11PM.thumb.png.278ab82078060e8f7c6e45389b611abd.png

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1

That account tweeting that is random but I saw a lot of people speculating about it because his wife scrubbed her IG and deleted all of the pics with him, including their wedding pics, and removed the name Duell from her bio.

• Useful 2