Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Wonder if Chad hooked up with Katelyn...

If we are to believe Joey Tribbiani (and why wouldn't we?), once a set of actors who are in a relationship on stage/screen start dating in real life, the chemistry on set goes down the drain. Of course, there was never any chemistry there, so maybe they've been hooking up this entire time.

• LOL 5

Ingo is suing ABC:

Rademacher is represented by John W. Howard, an attorney who has filed several lawsuits challenging vaccine mandates, and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

“I am entitled to a religious exemption against mandatory vaccination for COVID-19 on the basis of my deeply and sincerely held moral belief that my body is endowed by my creator with natural processes to protect me and that its natural integrity cannot ethically be violated by the administration of artificially created copies of genetic material, foreign to nature and experimental,” Rademacher wrote in an Oct. 11 email to Disney’s HR department.

RFK, Jr.  Say no more (insert eyeroll).

• LOL 13

I'd say it's career suicide and no one will hire him now, but no one was hiring him before. The highlights of his acting career when he wasn't playing Jax were a few episodes of the Hawaii Five-0 reboot, an Aaron Spelling nighttime soap in 2000 that lasted eleven episodes, and a cameo as a personal trainer in the pilot of Veronica's Closet.

• LOL 8

They've been together for so many years, split after finally marrying is wow. Its Chad's first marriage all over again.

All those years, big People magazine wedding. 6 weeks it's over. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

my body is endowed by my creator with natural processes to protect me and that its natural integrity cannot ethically be violated by the administration of artificially created copies of genetic material, foreign to nature and experimental,” Rademacher wrote in an Oct. 11 email to Disney’s HR department.

Telling me you didn't study history or science without telling me you didn't study history or science. Edward Jenner is rolling in his grave.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If I'd sent a gift, I'd be pissed.

Yous be entitled to get it returned.

• Love 11

What on earth could have happened in the few weeks between the wedding and now? This is actually so soapy, because it had to be something pretty scandalous. I feel bad for her because she seems sweet but wow. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If I'd sent a gift, I'd be pissed.

Yous be entitled to get it returned.

Sadly, no. It would be classy of the couple to return the gifts, but a gift is a gift. And it would be the height of tackiness for me to ask for it back.

I guess that's why you get a year to send a gift, and I'd take that entire year were I invited to any subsequent weddings of Duell's.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ingo is suing ABC:

my body is endowed by my creator with natural processes to protect me and that its natural integrity cannot ethically be violated by the administration of artificially created copies of genetic material, foreign to nature and experimental,” Rademacher wrote in an Oct. 11 email to Disney’s HR department.

RFK, Jr.  Say no more (insert eyeroll).

I just cannot stand Ingo now, not just for the antivax stuff, but for how nasty he comes off about everything, in general.

It's funny, because of the course of their runs on the show, I mostly preferred Jax over Jason (and could never understand why women were torn between Jax and Sonny-who-ruins-everything), but I never want to see the character of Jax again.

I don't feel the same way about Jason, even though I haven't liked the Jason character since Steve came back and replaced Billy Miller.

I guess I'm more disgusted by Ingo, because even though they left for the same reasons, Steve Burton tried to stay classy in his departure. (I reserve the right to change my mind if he sues). 

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The lawsuit is likely just code for "pay me $$$$$$$$$ to go away because I'm basically unemployable in the current climate!"

Yeah, and they probably will, but I hope they tell him to stick it.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

5 years of dating. 6 weeks of marriage. 

She was way too hot for him in any case.

24 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They've been together for so many years, split after finally marrying is wow. Its Chad's first marriage all over again.

All those years, big People magazine wedding. 6 weeks it's over. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I don't understand how you date for five years and separate after six weeks. It's the same damned person.

• Love 3

I sort of see it——if someone suddenly decides things have to be done a certain way now that they're married and the other person is against it. You'd think after five years they'd have talked about everything, but that's not always the case. Some people really don't think about or discuss what being married is about for them.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I sort of see it——if someone suddenly decides things have to be done a certain way now that they're married and the other person is against it. You'd think after five years they'd have talked about everything, but that's not always the case. Some people really don't think about or discuss what being married is about for them.

Same thing happened with Helen Hunt and Hank Azaria-were together for YEARS, and broke up shortly after getting married.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't understand how you date for five years and separate after six weeks. It's the same damned person.

I don’t know how often this happens in real life, but it’s definitely happened before in Hollywood. Hank Azaria and Helen Hunt were together for about 5 years, got married, and were over about a year later. It was even worse with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. They were together about 10 years and divorced after two years of marriage.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, absnow54 said:

Didn't she come back last year after Ned cheated to urge him to win Olivia back, because she felt Olivia was the future Monica?

She came back for a holiday visit, and that unfortunately was her storyline. Yeah, I don't think she'll ever come back now, unfortunately.

I mean, I'm glad, sort of. Was not looking forward to having to possibly put up with seeing and hearing NLG by association.

So it's a blessing in disguise, I guess, though I do miss getting to see JE/Tracy.

There are some people who are happy living together but find the actuality of marriage too confining. A co-worker told me that she could never marry her partner because it would tie her down and I thought 'You've been together 15 years, you have 2 kids, a dog and a mortgage. How much more tied down could marriage make you?'  But she was adamant. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3

Um, Chad has a horrible track at such a young at marriage. Ironically, his character just returned to PC after he’d been off the air for a few weeks which I believe was his honeymoon. They dated 5 years and have this huge (creepy) wedding and invite the (basically) whole cast from both shows and now are divorcing after 6 weeks. I’d say once was a shame but twice for him is suspect. That said, if it was him or her how do you see “that” in 5 years of dating? It’s F’d up if you ask me. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Yeah, and they probably will, but I hope they tell him to stick it.

I don't see Disney paying him because it is a huge company and there are others they've fired over the mandate.  It'd open up them having to pay all those people--many of whom have bigger contracts than IR. 

From what I understand, the bar for a religious exemption on this matter is pretty high.  It has to be part of the religion--not a new rule just created because they didn't want to get the COVID vaccine. There are very few religions out there with an opposition to vaccinations as part of their doctrine. He might have quite a hill to climb with this one.

That's why, I think, so many of the fired actors on various Disney shows (not just GH) have tried to claim a religious exemption but still got the boot.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Same thing happened with Helen Hunt and Hank Azaria-were together for YEARS, and broke up shortly after getting married.

And Miley Cyrus and whichever Hemsworth she was dating. 

Not only do some couples find actual marriage constraining, but sometimes what happens is people are together a long time and get to a point where they feel they should get married or break up.  Either because they both feel it's time or one puts the pressure on the other to make a decision.  They get married and then realize they probably should have made the other choice.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I doubt we will ever know what happened or why, but I would be curious to know, because a 6 week marriage after 5 years....?

Obviously he was unable to deal with her demanding responsibilities as Director of the Federal Bureau of Control.

(It's a great game and yes that's really her)

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, racked said:

What on earth could have happened in the few weeks between the wedding and now? This is actually so soapy, because it had to be something pretty scandalous. I feel bad for her because she seems sweet but wow. 

Maybe they were on the brink of breaking up and thought a wedding would fix things, but a 6 week marriage? I'm pretty sure someone cheated. I wonder if Chad will get it annulled again.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And Miley Cyrus and whichever Hemsworth she was dating. 

Not only do some couples find actual marriage constraining, but sometimes what happens is people are together a long time and get to a point where they feel they should get married or break up.  Either because they both feel it's time or one puts the pressure on the other to make a decision.  They get married and then realize they probably should have made the other choice.

Liam.

And yeah, it's stuff like this that makes me want to just stick with living with someone forever (says my very, VERY single ass lmao). Not every couple has to get married for their relationship to "mean" something, and at the end of the day, you're entering into a contract with the government when you get married--why bother with that when you can just break up and move on?

I'll admit, I've thought Chad was hot in the past (shut up lol), and while there PLENTY of other reasons that has cooled considerably, this definitely is a GIANT red flag to anyone he winds up with in the future. Two super short-lived marriages in less than a decade, the second even shorter than the first. Run away as soon and as fast as you can, ladies. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

hey dated 5 years and have this huge (creepy) wedding and invite the (basically) whole cast from both shows and now are divorcing after 6 weeks. I’d say once was a shame but twice for him is suspect.

Yeah, I mean, shit happens, but SIX WEEKS?  That doesn't pass the sniff test.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I mean, shit happens, but SIX WEEKS?  That doesn't pass the sniff test.  

Maybe it was the sniff test----she couldn't stand the odor of that greasy, nasty looking hair he has as "Michael."

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don’t know how often this happens in real life, but it’s definitely happened before in Hollywood. Hank Azaria and Helen Hunt were together for about 5 years, got married, and were over about a year later. It was even worse with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. They were together about 10 years and divorced after two years of marriage.

Sometimes I wonder if these relationships were already winding down and the marriage was the last-ditch effort to save it.

Please somebody post pics of this goth-themed wedding y'all keep talking about.  I don't care about Chad Duell at all but now I'm so curious.   LOL.  

Ok, never mind, I Googled it ...

https://people.com/tv/soap-stars-courtney-hope-chad-duell-married/

That's ... a lot of red and black. The giant neon "TILL DEATH!!" sign is just peak irony.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

That's ... a lot of red and black. The giant neon "TILL DEATH!!" sign is just peak irony.  

Someone needs to send them a florescent light that says "or perhaps, maybe, 6 weeks from now" to go with it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't see Disney paying him because it is a huge company and there are others they've fired over the mandate.  It'd open up them having to pay all those people--many of whom have bigger contracts than IR. 

From what I understand, the bar for a religious exemption on this matter is pretty high.  It has to be part of the religion--not a new rule just created because they didn't want to get the COVID vaccine. There are very few religions out there with an opposition to vaccinations as part of their doctrine. He might have quite a hill to climb with this one.

And even if he could show this is a genuinely held religious belief, his employer only needs to make reasonable accommodations for him to practice his religious beliefs.  There is no reasonable accommodation they can make here, given the very nature of his job -- he will always have to be in close proximity / breathing space to the other actors, the makeup artists, etc etc.  Unlike us corporate drones, he can't very well work from home.  

Basically, he just thinks he's entitled to an exception. 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

And even if he could show this is a genuinely held religious belief, his employer only needs to make reasonable accommodations for him to practice his religious beliefs.  There is no reasonable accommodation they can make here, given the very nature of his job -- he will always have to be in close proximity / breathing space to the other actors, the makeup artists, etc etc.  Unlike us corporate drones, he can't very well work from home.  

Very true. Even if this passed the threshold requirement for showing a sincerely held religious belief, it's an undue burden on GH to allow someone who can't even be masked, who has to kiss his co-stars, to continue not being vaccinated.  I'm surprised the other soaps haven't set their own mandates yet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Whenever a long-term relationship breaks up soon after marriage, I figure that it was already in trouble and they foolishly believed getting married would solve whatever problems they had.

That's my reasonable, mature response. My very first response to this six-week marriage was to laugh really hard and and then decide that someone definitely cheated and it's Chad b/c I don't like him, so there.

And Ingo needs to shut the fuck up before he taints my fond memories of Jax altogether. Dean Cain turning out to be trash was bad enough. (I had such a crush!)

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

That’s a big point some are ignoring. My job has a vaccine mandate and they only approved exemptions for those who could work 100% remotely because otherwise, their rights would be infringing on others. That’s not really a possibility as an actor. What are they going to do? Have IR film all of his scenes solo in a remote location or talk to others through FaceTime?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Maybe she noticed that giant crane Chad had parked in front of the house and said, “umm… maybe I need to get outta here.”

As for Ingo, they should just put him back on recurring and then never, ever find a place for Jax in any storyline. But still reassure him that any day now, the call is coming. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

This reminds me of that chick who was married to Tarik and then the car guy and is now engaged to another guy. I cannot remember her name to save my life. She’s about as reliable and dependable as these two people. How embarrassing this must be for them and their families! Oh! Christina is her name. I do feel sorry for her children. Thank goodness that Courtney and Chad don’t have any kids!

• Love 3