Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Ms. Parks Goes To Washington

• Start Topic

In my opinion it is blanket statements that may be probematic.  There are white people who hate black people and there are black people who need to fear law enforcement.  There are also white people who do not hate black people and black people who may not need to fear law enforcement at all times. 

I agree.  I don't like the politicization of the situation because it leads to black and white positions when we know its more nuanced.  Unfortunately, you don't get a soundbite if your comments are nuanced.

Why no support for African American female children?  I think perhaps there should be focus on both sexes.  Phaedra's organization has not mentored or sent one person to college has it?  I just recall a dinner where she flapped her gums as usual.  I am disappointed the member of Congress was so brainless as to claim, in front of primary school age children they were hated because of their race and gender.  Think before you speak madam representative.

This show has no business going anywhere near BLM, million man march, or any other real issue affecting any community.  In this episode, the esteemed Phaedra Parks referred to Porsha's outfit as THOT wear.  Any woman that would refer to another woman's outfit as THOT wear should really have nothing to do with any movement that seeks to uplift anything or anyone. 

It's easy to make this statement if you've never been a victim of racism.

I don't believe that all or the majority of white people hate black people and I don't believe that black people should fear law enforcement generally.  I have been a victim of racism; I believe that racism exists.  On the other hand, I greet law enforcement officers everyday where I work so I have a different perspective.

It was a very blanket statement, but I don't believe that she even believes that ALL white people hate young black men.  I think she was just making an observation based on the unfortunate number of young black men who have been killed by the police recently.

Sebastian and Ayden heard that white people don't like them.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 17

They are handcuffing black children as young as 6 who misbehave in school, so I don't think 8 is too young to prepare a black/brown boy for the realities of the world we live in. "Everybody hates you" is probably not the best approach to that conversation though--yikes!

Kenya revealed previously that her mother is bi-polar; I wonder if the cameras were overwhelming and she called Lori upset. Aunt Lori tried really hard not to break the fourth wall, but she was practically begging Kenya not to approach Patricia with cameras. I feel bad for Kenya but I have to wonder what the relationship was between her parents that her mother treats her this way. It's awful that a parent would treat a child like this, but it makes me wonder if Kenya is, unfairly, viewed as reminder of a bad relationship.

I would like to think Phaedra traded Bravo airing a visit to the prison for airtime for the grieving mothers.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 10

Am I the only one feeling and seeing the whole restaurant thing as a show pitch to Bravo and the audience?

No you're not.  I wouldn't be surprised if the show is already in the planning stage waiting for the moment Kandi comes off of maternity leave so filming can start.  For some reason, Bravo is enamored of Kandi's dysfunctional family.  I'm surprised baby dinosaur Bertha hasn't already gotten her own spinoff show.  smdh 

• Love 10

Sanctimommy is getting so tiresome. She's rude and uses her sons as an excuse to be rude, ergo her son has learned to be rude. Kim kept complaining that the trip was "too adult". Where did Kim think she was taking her kids? It's as if she expected them to be playing games and doing crafts, along with a scheduled story and nap time.

I just don't like the way that Kim acts. She acts like she's some big star, and if she doesn't want to do something she's just rude and leaves. I couldn't stand the way that she was acting on the bus when talking to Sheree over Happy Meals.

And when her eight year old son said something about "stupid congressmen" she should have corrected him. We were not allowed to use the word "stupid" at that age, and it's unbecoming IMO.

Also did not like her shade-throwing at Phaedra. Something about how Phaedra's children needed the lecture but not her children, because her children's father wasn't in jail. Have several seats.

Cynthia looked gorgeous (and giddy) during her meetup with NeNe. If Cynthia can forgive Peter his transgressions, I guess NeNe's barely rate! If I didn't know any better, I would think that they pulled a Jill Zarin. (Kidding.)

I don't believe she was shade throwing about the Apollo thing at all. What she was saying that it was that Phaedra's sons were too young to fully understand what was being said whereas Sebastian was old enough to hear and take it in and she didn't want him hearing that.

I wonder if she thought Phaedra would share her nanny like the lifeguard on the playdate. I definitely would not have taken my 20 month old son to those places. Too young and he would definitely have needed to go outside.

Edited by Smacky55
  • Love 7

This is a nitpick but I was wondering why they stayed on Wisconsin Avenue, the other side of the city, if they were going to Capitol Hill the next morning? Maybe Kim could have made it on time. After doing all the morning mothering stuff, because she and Chris parent without help, and wouldn't have it any other way.

I was trying to figure out which hotel they stayed at.

I don't recall any hotel by the University, could they have been in MD?

Did Phaedra mention something about reverend Farrakhan?

Her "save our boys" foundation is just another source of revenues, IMO.

Why does Todd keep his cap on indoors????

Kandi like her friend Tiny is a hustler , good for her.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1

I was trying to figure out which hotel they stayed at.

I don't recall any hotel by the University, could they have been in MD?

Did Phaedra mention something about reverend Farrakhan?

Her "save our boys" foundation is just another source of revenues, IMO.

Why does Todd keep his cap on indoors????

Kandi like her friend Tiny is a hustler , good for her.

The Justice or Else! March, which is where the ladies went, was organized and headlined by Minister Farrakhan as an anniversary of the Million Man March that happened 20 years prior. 

zoeysmom pointed out something above that I was having trouble with. I don't praise Phaedra, like, ever, but if this organization she's starting is for real for real, then good on her. My only issue was the general tone in the conversation with all of the women making it seem that Black boys, young Black men, and Black men are the only ones vulnerable. Black girls, young Black girls, and Black women are also vulnerable, but when it comes to a lot of these social issues, we get erased or put on the back burner. 

• Love 19

Why no support for African American female children?  I think perhaps there should be focus on both sexes.  Phaedra's organization has not mentored or sent one person to college has it?  I just recall a dinner where she flapped her gums as usual.  I am disappointed the member of Congress was so brainless as to claim, in front of primary school age children they were hated because of their race and gender.  Think before you speak madam representative.

I don't know about this.  There have been many young black men and women killed by law enforcement.  I think the congresswoman did think before she spoke.  

• Love 3

I do not like seeing Nene back in the fold. If she's so rich, why can't she but clothes that fit her? The word "sloppy" kept coming to mind while watching her on screen. Is she afraid of bras? Damn. You are too old not to strap those girls in.

Did Nene gain a lot of weight or are her clothing choices even worse than they used to be?

I don't know if she lost weight, but that outfit was just so ill-fitting all around.  From the front, you could see the large gaps between the buttons like they were getting ready to pop.  I could have done without seeing Nene.  Her entire conversation with Cynthia just reeked of, "I'm the one who decides when we're ready to be friends again" and Cynthia is just too dumb to notice because she's so busy checking Nene's social media everyday to see if she's been unblocked yet.  Nene knows exactly what she's doing in regards to that relationship.  

Did I hear verbal confirmation of someone's claim on here that Ayden misbehaves at school?

I was coming on here to say the same thing.  Seems the intel we got a few weeks ago was spot on, and I'll leave it at that....

I didn't necessarily see anything wrong with what Kim did on the trip.  She had a fussy kid and she took him out of the room.  Also, I agreed with her that what the congresswoman was saying was a little much, especially if you have yet to have those conversations with her own kid.  I don't think she was trying to keep that stuff away from him, but more that she wanted she and her husband to be the ones to say it.  Plus, the everyone hates black boys was so uncalled for; the sentiment could have been stated in a much better way.

• Love 11

Maybe if the cops didn't shoot first and ask questions later...excuse me, try to cover shit up, young black men wouldn't have so many chips on their shoulders.  Last year, it seemed that every week I'd read about a black man getting shot, a lot of times in the back, by the police.  What is a person supposed to think?  Then the folks on Faux "News" try to derail the conversation by talking about black on black crime, which is very serious.  But the thing is, the police represent the state, the government, and no one wants to feel that their government is out to get them.

But also, Nene looked awful with that long blonde wig and those ugly clothes.  I do think they brought her back because the producers looked at what they had and realized it wasn't much.  Kenya's story lines are her home and her non relationship with her mother.  I really do hope Kenya goes to therapy and realizes that she will never have the mother she wants; but she does have a father and a grandmother and other family members who love her.  

I think I was too harsh on Kim.  Kim was a child actress, she was exposed to adults at an early age.  Maybe she's trying to keep her children innocent, very difficult these days; although when I was eight and a half years old both Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy had been assassinated, so there is that.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

I can see Aunt Lori's side.  It is beyond time for Kenya to let go of the thought her mother will acknowledge her.  We have adoption in this country so a parent can give away the rights to their child. 

If I recall correctly, when you are searching for your birthparent or child, both parties have to be searching for each other, or most location agencies won't give out their information.  That is because they want to respect people's wishes/privacy.  There are many children who do not wish to be contacted by their birthdparents (think Max from RHOBH), and that is their right.  There are also many adults who do not want to be contacted by the child they gave up for adoption-that is their right, too.

Kenya won't let it go. It really isn't a fact of how hurtful it is to her.  Her birthmother has made it plain as day she does not want any contact with Kenya.  Aunt Lori does have a sister she needs to think of in this situation.  I don't think Kenya's birthmother should be tortured and made to look bad until Kenya says it's okay, just because she gave up her child when she was a teenager.  If those are the rules, I think we'd have many less children going up for adoption and to me that would be a shame.

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 11

what was up when Phaedra caught Kim's oldest child looking strange (nicest way I could describe the look) on her phone's video? Phaedra acted startled or disgusted. It was sort of funny.

Cynthia crawled up Nene's ass and obviously isn't a real friend to Kenya. Cynthia deserves Nene.

Kim was right to take her children out of the room when they were fussy/whining and/or she didn't want them exposed to the subject matter. However I am still not a fan of Kim based on all her prior time on this show. I guess I liked her as an actress (loved her on The Facts of Life) but I'm not a fan of the real person as shown on this show.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5

I am disappointed the member of Congress was so brainless as to claim, in front of primary school age children they were hated because of their race and gender.  Think before you speak madam representative.

But they are, and smart black parents let their children know this EARLY, not to discourage them, but to let their children know there are people who don't like you because of your race & gender and their mistreatment is because of those people's hangups, not them personally.

We hear that Ayden has been acting up in school, and he probably is, but what if Ayden is just being a playful kid, just like the white children in his class but he's being singled out for bad behavior? It happens, and it happens often.  The congresswoman, Phaedra or anyone else shouldn't have to sugarcoat the realities facing black children because someone's tender sensibilities are being offended.  Prejudice & hatred against black children can and will determine the trajectory of their lives.  Just ask Tamir Rice's momma.

Way to make a young man have a chip on his shoulder but to indoctrinate him into believeing that his country hates him. Bravo!

But they do.  Just read the comments about Tamir Rice, who was not breaking any law and playing in the park.

Kenya won't let it go. It really isn't a fact of how hurtful it is to her.  Her birthmother has made it plain as day she does not want any contact with Kenya.  Aunt Lori does have a sister she needs to think of in this situation.  I don't think Kenya's birthmother should be tortured and made to look bad until Kenya says it's okay, just because she gave up her child when she was a teenager.  If those are the rules, I think we'd have many less children going up for adoption and to me that would be a shame.

This falls back on LORI, who brought young Kenya around a family that did not want her & repeatedly rejected her.  Lori created the problem and wants Kenya to shut up about the problem she helped create.  If Kenya had found her mother as an adult & hounded her, that would be one thing but Kenya was a child when she was brought around & rejected by her mother.  It's not something you can just "get over."  I think Kenya should let it go for HER sake, and appreciate the family that does love her.  But to paint Kenya as a villain in a situation that her family created & that she had no control in creating? Nope.

• Love 18

Finding out that Patricia is bi-polar makes a big difference to me in how she treated Kenya.  First I'd like to say that Lori is the one who created the problem by keeping Kenya a part of their lives.  Patricia "looking through Kenya" could have been part of depressive or even psychotic episodes that Patricia may have been going through before or even after she was diagnosed. Bi-polar is tricky especially in young people.  We don't know what kinds of issues/resentments Patricia went through at 15. And maybe she still is stunted at that 15 y.o. level when this emotional trauma happened. 

It is terrible for Kenya, and I do sympathize with her. But I can't demonize Patricia here without hearing her side of the story.  Lori should never have brought Kenya around when Patricia made it clear she was unwilling to be a mother.  Clearly there is some sort of mental issue/immaturity/weirdness even today if Patricia is even unwilling to talk to Kenya.  Normal people should be able to at least have one conversation.  Patricia can't do that for whatever reason. 

• Love 7

i get that Lis and I aren't active posters in this forum, but we read every post. We completely catch the little drifts you guys are putting in posts regarding Ayden, and this is the only warning we will give on the subject. DROP IT. Any intel that has not mentioned specifically on the show should NOT be brought up. It's a moot point.

Drop the snide asides.

Additionally, we completely get the hotbed topics of police brutality and African Americans, but guys...this is a television forum, and it's toeing the political line. Political talk is one thing we specifically mod for, so please don't veer into soapbox territory and keep it to the show discussion.

• Love 14
This falls back on LORI, who brought young Kenya around a family that did not want her & repeatedly rejected her.  Lori created the problem and wants Kenya to shut up about the problem she helped create.  If Kenya had found her mother as an adult & hounded her, that would be one thing but Kenya was a child when she was brought around & rejected by her mother.  It's not something you can just "get over."  I think Kenya should let it go for HER sake, and appreciate the family that does love her.  But to paint Kenya as a villain in a situation that her family created & that she had no control in creating? Nope.

How long does Kenya get to hang on to this?  I do feel like Kenya needs to get over this (with therapy).  So many people are abused and/or have other tragedies happen to them as a child.  I don't feel you should harp on them, certainly the older you get.  It's like Ramona whining about a bad childhood on RHONY, and expecting to be excused for her horrible behavior because of it.  No way, it doesn't work like that.  Functioning adults have to find a way to get through the pain and over it.  No, you will never forget the pain, but Kenya is being an active participant in this horrible situation. 

She needs to remove herself from it, there is no way this is healthy, and I don't feel there is any way any mental health professional would suggest Kenya keeps acting how she is.  You can't change situations, but you can change how you react to them.  And isn't the definition of insanty doing the same behavior, but expecting a different result?  Well, to me that is Kenya.

• Love 8

Kenya gets to hang on to it for as long as she wants.  While it isn't healthy, it's her pain and her feelings and only she has the right to decide when to turn it off and let it go.  She shouldn't have to turn off her pain & suffering because other people are uncomfortable.

Having said that, if Patricia does not want any contact whatsoever with Kenya, Patricia has that right and Kenya needs to respect that.  Perhaps a restraining order needs to take place.

Kenya has the right to bemoan the rejection from her mom but Patricia has the right not to be bothered.

• Love 18

Cynthia crawled up Nene's ass and obviously isn't a real friend to Kenya. Cynthia deserves Nene.

Cynthia deserves Cheater, err, Peter.

Is this the last we're going to hear about Kenya and her bio-mom? I'm getting tired of watching Kenya bemoan her childhood trauma.

• Love 4

Way to make a young man have a chip on his shoulder but to indoctrinate him into believeing that his country hates him. Bravo!

Well...it's sorta true. I know the average American isn't privy to all of the facts, figures, and study results but take it from someone who has to read it all for work...we are definitely not "post-racial."

That said, I didn't blame Kim one bit for her reaction. That is not the way I would have wanted my son to learn about race in America. I like to frame conversations about race in such a way that it is clear that racism is not about anything minorities have done; rather, it is a system that was designed to benefit whites at the expense of everyone else. That's not our pathology, it's America's. "Nobody likes you" makes it about those it's directed at and I don't like that at all.

If the editing is to be believed, Sebastian looked alarmed when that statement was made. That broke my heart.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 13

I don't think its rude to remove a child when they're acting up, but Kim acted a little frosty pointing her finger and exciting stage left. It's not like she politely removed herself (IMO), it was obvious to everyone there that she was leaving with a chip on her shoulder. IMO  she acts sanctimonious quite often. I don't know where she thought she was going or what she thought they going to do, but some of the things she said like Phaedra needing to tell her kids this, but Kim not needing to- rubbed me the wrong way. And then she pulled the Kim Fields move- leave early. (Kidding)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 5

I don't think its rude to remove a child when they're acting up, but Kim acted a little frosty pointing her finger and exciting stage left. It's not like she politely removed herself (IMO), it was obvious to everyone there that she was leaving with a chip on her shoulder. IMO  she acts sanctimonious quite often. I don't know where she thought she was going or what she thought they going to do, but some of the things she said like Phaedra needing to tell her kids this, but Kim not needing to- rubbed me the wrong way. And then she pulled the Kim Fields move- leave early. (Kidding)

I do wonder what Kim was told about the DC trip because as she and her son were packing, she mentions that he will get to see the DC monuments/sites that he is learning about in school. So, IMO, it is a real possibility that Kim was told, by production, this would be a sight seeing trip to DC but not that they would be meeting with members of the House/Senate for photo ops and a lunch photo op. After all, Bravo loves to keep at least 1 HW in the dark to get a "real" reaction from them ON camera.

• Love 9

BRAVO needs to take Kim's peach and give it Sheree. 

I get it she felt uncomfortable partying in FL - she was the only married woman with young kids.

But the Million Man March is something she could have shine with, but instead she came off as she didn't want to be bothered.

Good for Phaedra, Sheree, Porsha for giving this event the attention it deserves.  Credit where credit is due.

Edited by escape
  • Love 9

This show has no business going anywhere near BLM, million man march, or any other real issue affecting any community.

I disagree. Other franchises have incorporated work howives have done advocating for the LGBT community, people with disabilities, domestic violence victims, etc. I don't think the work Phaedra is doing is any different.

• Love 8

She does not have a regular gig on Fashion Police, just guest spots maybe once or twice a year. It seems Fashion Police is on its last legs anyways.

Yes, she does. I did not say every episode. It was announced that she (NeNe) and Margaret Cho would be regulars, not just guest spots. They are both terrible. A last ditch attempt to revive that mess of a show I guess. 

• Love 4

what was up when Phaedra caught Kim's oldest child looking strange (nicest way I could describe the look) on her phone's video? Phaedra acted startled or disgusted. It was sort of funny.

Kim was right to take her children out of the room when they were fussy/whining and/or she didn't want them exposed to the subject matter. However I am still not a fan of Kim based on all her prior time on this show. I guess I liked her as an actress (loved her on The Facts of Life) but I'm not a fan of the real person as shown on this show.

I agreed with Kim and her actions to isolate.  She may not feel or want her children to be around talk of someone disliking them.   I think it was also telling that Kim did not want to disrupt the very important luncheon with a wiggly, tired toddler.  I was a little surprised she made the trip to DC with a commitment looming in Atlanta.  I find Kim a little lifeless and verging on bitter  I don't see her making a big splash and will stay tuned to see how she interacts with Fred Berry , I mean Nene Leakes. 

• Love 3

That said, I didn't blame Kim one bit for her reaction. That is not the way I would have wanted my son to learn about race in America. I like to frame conversations about race in such a way that it is clear that racism is not about anything minorities have done; rather, it is a system that was designed to benefit whites at the expense of everyone else. That's not our pathology, it's America's. "Nobody likes you" makes it about those it's directed at and I don't like that at all.

I agree that it's up to the parents to explain delicate topics to their children, I hope Kim clarifies what she was told versus what the trip really was. If she was under the impression that it was sightseeing when it turned out to be about racial politics, then I'll give her pass, but if she did know that Phaedra was promoting her project and clutched her pearls when she got there, then she needs to knock it off. I didn't mind her removing her son when he got fussy. but Kim acts so self-righteous at times that it's hard to root for her.

LOL at the production having fun at Porsha's expense with her infamous underground railroad comment. They should chill, but at the same time, she'll never live it down.

• Love 4

One of the few things that I think are real in this otherwise fake show is how much Cynthia loves her some Nene.  The girl was glowing in a way that she never does with Peter or Kenya.  I am think she has a sincere girl crush on Nene and truly misses her.

Speaking of Nene...what the hell happened?  I have never seen her look so bad.  Are times hard and she had to fire all her stylists?  Can she no longer afford a mirror...because everything was wrong about her look.

Her shirt dress was way to tight and ill fitting.  Her shitty weave looked like it was about fall off and I was scared of her breasts in her talking head segment.  They were off to the side and squashed in a manner that looked painful.  This is how she looks after being hired to speak on Fashion Police?  The hell?

• Love 18

I disagree. Other franchises have incorporated work howives have done advocating for the LGBT community, people with disabilities, domestic violence victims, etc. I don't think the work Phaedra is doing is any different.

It is great to bring attention to social injustices but coming from Phaedra, the gravity of the matter is diminished IMO.

I also thought that while it is ok to let young boys know what is up, the message was a bit too adult like and frankly scary for an 8 years old.

Thanks to MOZELLE for the explaination.

I did not realize that the reverend was involved in the Second March.

Well, that mattress situation did not stunt Kairo's growth, he turned up to be a fine, 6 feet 6 young dude.

• Love 3

A great deal of the blame for how this has played out all these years DOES lie on Lori's shoulders because Lori wanted a relationship with Kenya for herself, without thinking of the ramifications of how maternal rejection would have on the child Kenya and the now adult Kenya. In other words, Lori was selfish to put her emotional needs before what was in the best interest of Kenya as a child and that selfishness has done major long term damage to adult Kenya. JMO

Lori probably thought at the time, that her sister would eventually want a relationship with Kenya. So she wasn't thinking their would be negative consequences to being involved in Kenya's life. However, once they saw how Pat reacted to Kenya (ignoring her), it was irresponsible to continue involving them both with family functions. It was most likely traumatic for Pat as well to have Kenya there. The whole family dysfunction is sad.

Kim... I get her concerns, and I like how she talked to her son about what the Congresswoman said. But at the same time, she could have just as easily had that same conversation after the meeting was completed and stayed put. I also wondered why she didn't work a deal with Phaedras nanny to watch her youngest for the afternoon.

I can totally see a Welcome to Sweetie Pie's type spin off for Kandi's family restaurant.

• Love 4

I think Kim is getting a bad rap in this situation. If I was the mother of an African American boy and some congresswoman said, in front of my son, "Everyone hates African American boys", I'd be out the door with the kid, too. And how is it more rude to take your fussing baby out of a situation than staying and making everyone shout over your fussing baby? Sheree's lecture was ridiculous. Is she that desperate for camera time that she has to go scold someone for being more concerned about her children than her friends? Kim had a previous commitment, but she still took the time and trouble to pack up her kids and bring them to Washington, for as long as she could be there. I'm not understanding how anyone can fault her for her actions.

• Love 17

Some of those politicians were cringe worthy.  Barbara Jordan is probably rolling in her grave.  

Kim should have left the younger son at home.  Hubby doesn't have a job right?  I'm tired of Kim's "I have better things to do" act.  Honey, you signed up for this show, a show that's been on for years, don't act like you didn't know what you were getting into.  Please run your mouth and happily collect a check like everyone else.

Phaedra and her young boys foundation make me laugh.  You don't think there are already charitable organizations in Atlanta that help young black boys?  Phaedra just wants to collect yet another check because it's HER foundation.  She could donate her time and money to other worthy organizations but no....  I swear sometimes she makes Apollo seem like an amateur.

• Love 10

While I understood and agreed with the general point the oddly be-hatted congresswoman was making I cringed a bit with what she was saying in front of Kim's son. Certainly eight is not too young to hear a discussion about racism but it is pretty young to understand what a stranger means when she says "people don't like you". (I know those weren't her exact words, I'm paraphrasing with what I imagined a kid that age might have heard in that situation.) I don't blame Kim at all for taking her kids out of the room. I think she's a pretty big stick in the mud but I was in total agreement with how she handled that situation. I felt like she was in a lose/lose situation. There was nothing she could have done there that the other housewives would have been ok with.

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 13

One of the few things that I think are real in this otherwise fake show is how much Cynthia loves her some Nene.  The girl was glowing in a way that she never does with Peter or Kenya.  I am think she has a sincere girl crush on Nene and truly misses her.

I agree. Whether I care for what Bravo shows me of Nene (and how she chooses to portray herself) or not it is obvious that the friendship was just what Cynthia AND Nene said it was; loving and genuine. I believe the crushing is mutual but Nene is just better at pretending to be unbothered. 

• Love 4

May I just say, I have grown to actively dislike Phaedra. I used to find her amusing and eye-rolling fun, but now I can't stand to see her smug face, particularly in the talking heads. Her faux gentility and "tea and sympathy" is disgusting. Her continual talking heads sniping at "little Todd Tucker" and others makes me want to throw a rock at my TV. The BIG problem with this episode was this phony piece of work being any way shape or form presenting herself as the voice of social justice.

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.

• Love 22
I agree. Whether I care for what Bravo shows me of Nene (and how she chooses to portray herself) or not it is obvious that the friendship was just what Cynthia AND Nene said it was; loving and genuine. I believe the crushing is mutual but Nene is just better at pretending to be unbothered

I agree that the feeling is mutual.  It's just that Nene is more of the alpha dog in the relationship, so she keeps her emotions more in check.

It's funny that Phae and Kandi fell out somewhat because of Todd and Apollo, and then Cynthia and Nene fell out because of the way Nene talked to Peter.

If you want to keep your friends, you better love the one they are with.

• Love 5

I still think her approach stinks most of the time but between this episode and the last I have a much better understanding of why Kenya is the way she is. Even going back to the Miss USA/Miss America flub. Of course these things are important to her--she's spent her entire life trying to be visible and good enough, so naturally someone like Porsha going oh whatever pageants are pageants would set Kenya off. I also understand why she wants to beat Nene at being queen of RHOA--now that she's out of the pageant world she still approaches life thinking cultural relevancy and all the love and admiration that come along with it can be won with the right combination of traits.

And then on a less petty front you have people telling her she caused Porsha, Glen, Apollo, and Other Pillow Night Guy (Christopher?) to be abusive by provoking their aggression. I feel bad for her...like Bethenny Frankel, Kenya is not someone I would want to have in my own life under any circumstances (they are both big black holes of need), but I think she had a very hard time growing up and the challenges of her youth have followed her into adulthood.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 14

For the record, I work for Rep. Wilson and was there during the taping. Sheree is full of shit and needs to shut up because Kim had to leave the room when she did because Quincy was extremely whiny and squirming like crazy and it was very annoying. I was really surprised to hear Kim's comments about the inappropriateness of the conversation. She knew what they were going to be talking about. I do, however, get her point about Sebastian being better able to understand what the adults were talking about and requiring an explanation about it.

Sebastian and Ayden were very well behaved while in our office and able to engage in conversation. Dylan was for the most part good; got a little antsy toward the end. Ayden and Dylan were obviously familiar and comfortable with the Bravo crew and there was an assistant there to help with Dylan when he got cranky. Quincy should probably have stayed at home with his dad. Both of the littlest ones were probably desperately in need of naps.

The editing monkeys were at work, inciting Sheree to make her stupid comments and starting off with the people don't like black boys comment out of context.

I was kind of glad to see NeNe and can appreciate her in small doses. That said, that hair and outfit were not doing her any favors at all. The outfit made her look massive and the hair was just a mess. The darker blondish bob that she had last spring was a zillion times more flattering.

• Love 20

While I understood and agreed with the general point the oddly be-hatted congresswoman was making I cringed a bit with what she was saying in front of Kim's son. Certainly eight is not too young to hear a discussion about racism but it is pretty young to understand what a stranger means when she says "people don't like you". (I know those weren't her exact words, I'm paraphrasing with what I imagined a kid that age might have heard in that situation.) I don't blame Kim at all for taking her kids out of the room. I think she's a pretty big stick in the mud but I was in total agreement with how she handled that situation. I felt like she was in a lose/lose situation. There was nothing she could have done there that the other housewives would have been ok with.

Sadly the Dale Evans fantasy didn't end in Washington DC.  Here is yet another unfortunate chapeau choice by the esteemed Congresswoman,  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAqvs-0Kwu6/?taken-by=phaedraparks  New look for Kim Fields and Phaedra's downright scary manicure-they look animal claws.  Kim and Phaedra landed in  Miami to watch last night's episode.

• Love 2

For the record, I work for Rep. Wilson and was there during the taping. Sheree is full of shit and needs to shut up because Kim had to leave the room when she did because Quincy was extremely whiny and squirming like crazy and it was very annoying. I was really surprised to hear Kim's comments about the inappropriateness of the conversation. She knew what they were going to be talking about. I do, however, get her point about Sebastian being better able to understand what the adults were talking about and requiring an explanation about it.

Sebastian and Ayden were very well behaved while in our office and able to engage in conversation. Dylan was for the most part good; got a little antsy toward the end. Ayden and Dylan were obviously familiar and comfortable with the Bravo crew and there was an assistant there to help with Dylan when he got cranky. Quincy should probably have stayed at home with his dad. Both of the littlest ones were probably desperately in need of naps.

The editing monkeys were at work, inciting Sheree to make her stupid comments and starting off with the people don't like black boys comment out of context.

I was kind of glad to see NeNe and can appreciate her in small doses. That said, that hair and outfit were not doing her any favors at all. The outfit made her look massive and the hair was just a mess. The darker blondish bob that she had last spring was a zillion times more flattering.

Thanks. So Sheree is a beast ?lol
  • Love 2

I applaud Kim's decision to wisk her fussy child out of the 'important gathering'. Had she kept her crying kid present, it would have been disrespectful. I do not believe for a second, any of the women's opinion would have been 'she did right by keeping the fussy child present' had she done that. Kim's not naive. She's being a mother FIRST, above all else. Yet she gets shamed for that too. Tsk. Think the frustration Kim was feeling was she AND HER SONS were invited, yet she isn't familiar with calling a nanny to stand outside of camera view to take over when children need it. Phaedra could have offered up her nanny for the important photo moments, but no they are all so happy to see Kim outside of her element. This really bugs me!

Sheree knew this would be a hot topic & went to the van to keep herself relevant (oh yeee of such motherly wisdom and strength-LOL). In one breath she's saying Kim should have gotten a caretaker for the children, in another breath (knowing a caretaker wasnt available to Kim ) telling Kim to please rejoin in the guise of how it would appear. She's shifty. 

I know these shows are scripted and this is what keeps people tuning in. But it bugs the shit out of me how they'll force 'fake friendships' onto us like we are idiots not to see thru it, and then not even give us a play out of what a 'true friend' would do. Like, perhaps have Sheree offer to sit and tend to the children for a half hour so Kim could experience the 'important people' too. Nope. Just all 5 of the 'model housewives' are just so friggin stumped at everything Kim does, yet not one of them has an ounce of fortitude to offer kind gestures. Selfish women. Rant done.

Totally agree. In fact when you are dealing with young children a parent must accept that many adult venues will be out of reach as long as your kids are in tow. In the real world the majority of people don't have hired help to tag along even on vacations.

Just because Patricia didn't want to deal with Kenya, why should the rest of the family ignore her? Do you really think Kenya would be any happier if her maternal family turned their backs on her just to appease Patricia? Would even the audience think that was a noble gesture?

• Love 2

Totally agree. In fact when you are dealing with young children a parent must accept that many adult venues will be out of reach as long as your kids are in tow. In the real world the majority of people don't have hired help to tag along even on vacations.

Just because Patricia didn't want to deal with Kenya, why should the rest of the family ignore her? Do you really think Kenya would be any happier if her maternal family turned their backs on her just to appease Patricia? Would even the audience think that was a noble gesture?

She may have been happier. A complete break from the family and growing up in loving arms may have been better. Constantly being ignored and avoided by her mother at family events despite having other relatives who acknowledge her I'm sure was very damaging to her young psyche

• Love 9

Just because Patricia didn't want to deal with Kenya, why should the rest of the family ignore her? 

I wouldn't think of it as "ignoring" Kenya so much as respecting Patricia's wishes.   Placing Kenya with someone else to be raised was her call.  She may have only been 15, but it was her decision to make.  There may have been various kinds of pressures on her, to be sure ... her own father's attitude, the general stigma of being an unwed mother ... but whatever the reason, Patricia had made it clear she didn't want any contact with Kenya.  By inserting herself in the situation, Lori likely prevented Patricia from moving on as well as she might have.  And she probably undermined Kenya's bond with her father's family, too (not to mention setting her up for all kinds of pain as she was rejected by Patricia over and over).   It might have been best for all involved if Lori had just ignored Kenya, sad as that sounds.  

Who is to say that if Lori had not disregarded her sister's wishes, Patricia and Kenya's attitude toward each other might have turned out differently? Instead of a 45 year impasse punctuated by episodes of mutual rejection, there might have been a long period of no contact during which both women matured.  No grudges would have developed, insecurities might not have festered.  And one day, at a time of mutual choosing, they might have met as grown women and moved forward on their own.  But we will never know.  Because Lori took that opportunity away from both of them.  Of course she is not psychic and she didn't know how things would turn out.  She may have even thought that by staying in contact with Kenya, she would somehow be able to facilitate a relationship between Kenya and Patricia.  Her intentions may have been totally innocent.  But the reality of the situation is, Lori didn't respect what her sister wanted and as a result things between Kenya and Patricia were probably made much worse than they had to be.  She should have respected her sister's wishes and stayed out of it.  Because as it is now, Lori bears a large part of the responsibility for the hostilities between Kenya and her mother in my book.

• Love 9
Am I the only one feeling and seeing the whole restaurant thing as a show pitch to Bravo and the audience?

I hadn't thought of this, but you're probably right.

I had no problem with Kim excusing herself - first to explain to Sebastian the congresswoman's comments and then to let Quincy have his nap. I did think it odd that she showed up to the march for five minutes before heading to the airport. 

My issue with Kim - especially in light of the previews for next week - is her passive-aggressive self righteousness and judgmentalness (not a word I know). Kim - it's fine that you don't travel with a nanny and an assistant, but it's also fine if other people have them.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5