Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Ms. Parks Goes To Washington

• Start Topic

Phaedra hosts a trip to Washington, DC, to gain support for her Save Our Sons organization; Kim finds herself on the sidelines during a visit to Congress; Kenya argues with her Aunt Lori; Cynthia and NeNe reunite over cocktails.
  • Love 1

I believe Kim has social anxiety and is using her family as a cover.   I don't think she would have done the show if she didn't need the money.  I hope they don't ask her back for another season.

• Love 20

I believe Kim has social anxiety and is using her family as a cover.   I don't think she would have done the show if she didn't need the money.  I hope they don't ask her back for another season.

I agree.  Kim doesn't seem to realize that she's not doing herself or her children any favors being on this show.  She also needs to stop letting her 8 year old call the shots.  She's making him too dependent on her.  From him making her take the children's books on her cruise to read them to him through Skype when his father was right there and could have done it to this trip where she leaves because her child doesn't like "stupid congressmen", it doesn't look good or endear her child to the viewing audience.  With that said, shame on Bravo for adding those sound bites from Sebastian.  At this point I'm thinking that they aren't too happy with Kim either and are giving her really bad edits at this point.  Sebastian is a child and shouldn't be made to look bad on camera like that.  He's only on here because of his mother.  Any child his age would have been bored to death with that tour.  I would lay odds that Ayden probably complained too, but they love him so much they would never air his bratty comments the way they did Sebastian's.  Kim needs to take herself and her kids off of this show!

• Love 18

Being a mother is not an excuse for being rude. Did she not know who she was going to meet at DC? she handled the whole trip poorly but I am not surprised given her holier than thou attitude. 

I am glad Kenya stood her ground. No one who claims to love a child would sit passively while their mother when in the same room ignored them. So they said something to Patricia about it? It would be nice to let Kenya know that. And bullshit that it wasn't their issue to deal with. Aunt Lori is in this up to her neck and to act as if she doesn't want to interfere? Bullshit.

• Love 20

Kim is certainly not a team player. Matter of fact, she's a pretty uncooperative bitch. My first thought of her leaving before the March before it even began was "do you know what the traffic must be like? Great time to try to get to the airport."

• Love 10

I believe Kim has social anxiety and is using her family as a cover. I don't think she would have done the show if she didn't need the money. I hope they don't ask her back for another season.

There's something going on and I think that's the real reason why she dont drink. Isn't some value judgement and lightweight tolerance like she portrays but it don't mix with her meds.

Rewatching past episodes her emotions and mood swings were like whoa.

• Love 4

Wow, to see Aunt Lori defend the damaging, dysfunctional, downright cruel behavior from Kenya's mother was shocking to me. I know family is family but right is also right and wrong is also wrong and for you to have no backbone....to continue to pretend that your sister is some confused little girl who just had a baby she can't handle is so wrongheaded that I don't even know what to say about that. 

I pray Kenya can truly move on with her life and continue to thrive but if what happened to her would have happened to me, I'd be curled up into a ball inside for the rest of my life. 

• Love 21

Kim is certainly not a team player. Matter of fact, she's a pretty uncooperative bitch. My first thought of her leaving before the March before it even began was "do you know what the traffic must be like? Great time to try to get to the airport."

I don't believe for a moment that Kim had an event to go to making her have to leave the march early.  If that were true, I don't believe she would have come on the trip to begin with.  What since does it make to go all the way to DC for the march knowing you won't be able to participate in the march?  She's really making herself look like an idiot!

• Love 9

God bless those mothers. That scene got to me.

Lawd, Cynthia is just pathetic. I like Nene but even I can see that that friendship probably isn't worth saving. Good to see Nene though.

They better leave Sheree's son alone lol.

Sebastian is spoiled. I mean he's a normal kid but the fact that he felt comfortable verbalizing all those complaints tells me he's allowed to get away with that at home.

I can't with Joyce and her loving all over Todd.

• Love 10

As this point, Sheree should be a full-time housewife instead of Kim.

All the women looked fabulous in their THs.

Nene's wigs finally look right, but those outfits are another story.

Sheree's son is fine as hell.

• Love 10

In my youth I've had play d'oh that wasn't as pliable as Cynthia. No surprise that she is back up under Nene.

Lawd, Nene acting a certain kind of way about Cynthia and Kenya getting close. I can only think about that quote from the Golden Girls when I saw Nene in that open back outfit. 

tumblr_lpmfceIbEV1qegdhmo1_500.jpg

Sheree's son is finer than frog hair! Hot damn! You'dda thought Bob could have a hand in siring one so damn good looking. I feel like an old leech but yummers! 

Am I the only one feeling and seeing the whole restaurant thing as a show pitch to Bravo and the audience?

• Love 17

Why was Kenya mad at her aunt? What did she want the woman to do? Don't people understand that you can't force anybody to do anything?

Kenya's mother will never acknowledge her, that's not a mother. Kenya needs to stop shopping for bread at a hardware store.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16

Aunt Lori came to Kenya's house to speak. And Aunt Lori took it upon herself to give her opinion on how Kenya should or should not feel about her mother and how she should behave towards her mother. Any feedback/anger Aunt Lori receives from Kenya under those circumstances is warranted and deserved.

Amen.. I think Aunt Lori is solely responsible for the situation. She's the one that wanted Kenya around their family against her sisters Patricia's wishes.

• Love 10

Aunt Lori has a right to her opinion. I thought she told Kenya it wasn't a good idea to go to her mother's house with a camera crew.

I find it interesting that folks are defending Kenya. I don't believe a word that comes out of that woman's mouth, she's an actress and a bad one at that.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 18

I do not like seeing Nene back in the fold. If she's so rich, why can't she but clothes that fit her? The word "sloppy" kept coming to mind while watching her on screen. Is she afraid of bras? Damn. You are too old not to strap those girls in.

• Love 16

I kinda got the feeling aunt Lori is talking around things so as not to break the fourth wall when what she really wants to say is she doesn't like that Kenya is doing all of this on camera for a storyline. She's been around all these years and knows better than anyone how Kenya feels so she's obviously not surprised that Kenya wanted to talk. I think her anger was because of the on camera ambush.

We posted at the same time. I agree. Lori's reaction makes sense when you factor in the cameras. Lori and the cousin have always been in Kenya's corner when they've appeared on the show. I saw true emotion from two women who wanted to plead with Kenya not to do this on TV but couldn't. Everybody in that family seems to be hiding something and they don't want it outed on TV. Right or wrong, it's how they feel.

They certainly have the right to their opinion, but Kenya felt as if she'd tried everything to have a conversation with her mother. I understand that she felt if she tried on camera her mother would finally acknowledge her in some way. If anything this made me feel true sadness for Kenya. They clearly do not care how her mothers rejection has affected her. Edited by howivesforever
  • Love 9

Kenya's mother has rejected her all her life and that's terrible. Why did Kenya think going with a camera crew would make a difference? Kenya isn't a child, she's closer to fifty than forty. Her mother will never change.

• Love 13

They clearly do not care how her mothers rejection has affected her.

I disagree. IMO, they are trying to get Kenya to stop ramming herself into a brick wall because THAT wall (Patricia) isn't going to come down no matter what Kenya tries/says/does. I think they realize how much Patricia's rejection has hurt Kenya and how it has affected her life in a big (negative) way but at some point, someone who knows both Kenya AND Patricia needed to tell Kenya, enough is enough, it is time to stop and the ONLY person in that position IS Lori.

A great deal of the blame for how this has played out all these years DOES lie on Lori's shoulders because Lori wanted a relationship with Kenya for herself, without thinking of the ramifications of how maternal rejection would have on the child Kenya and the now adult Kenya. In other words, Lori was selfish to put her emotional needs before what was in the best interest of Kenya as a child and that selfishness has done major long term damage to adult Kenya. JMO

• Love 17

I feel that Aunt Lori overreacted by walking out on the family reunion as she above all others knew how important that reunion was to Kenya. Afterall, Kenya didn't kick the door down,she politely knocked and asked if she could speak to her "mother". I am glad though that Aunt Lori came to clear the air with Kenya and didn't let it fester and turn into something else. They each have different opinions, but the love is still there and they will be ok.

• Love 9

This is a nitpick but I was wondering why they stayed on Wisconsin Avenue, the other side of the city, if they were going to Capitol Hill the next morning? Maybe Kim could have made it on time. After doing all the morning mothering stuff, because she and Chris parent without help, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 3

They certainly have the right to their opinion, but Kenya felt as if she'd tried everything to have a conversation with her mother. I understand that she felt if she tried on camera her mother would finally acknowledge her in some way. If anything this made me feel true sadness for Kenya. They clearly do not care how her mothers rejection has affected her.

We are only seeing a few clips here and there of Kenya's plight to connect with her mother.  Aunt Lori has seen a lifetime of it.  I don't agree that she doesn't care how Patricia's rejection has affected Kenya.  You can tell by all of Lori's and Kenya's other interactions that she cares very much.  I agree that what Lori doesn't want is Kenya exploiting the situation for a storyline and further putting her sister, who by all admission is a horrible mother, on the spot against her wishes.  Kenya's mother didn't sign on to be on this show, Kenya did.  The stunt Kenya pulled last episode was unacceptable.  Even her dad didn't know she was going to do it so it was very much an ambush.  Poor excuse for a mother that she is, Patricia does have the right to not be forced to be on this reality show.  Kenya needs to respect that. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 19

We are only seeing a few clips here and there of Kenya's plight to connect with her mother. Aunt Lori has seen a lifetime of it. I don't agree that she doesn't care how Patricia's rejection has affected Kenya. You can tell by all of Lori's and Kenya's other interactions that she cares very much. I agree that what Lori doesn't want is Kenya exploiting the situation for a storyline and further putting her sister, who by all admission is a horrible mother, on the spot against her wishes. Kenya's mother didn't sign on to be on this show, Kenya did. The stunt Kenya pulled last episode was unacceptable. Poor excuse for a mother that she is, Patricia does have the right to not be forced to be on this reality show. Kenya needs to respect that.

I don't agree. I saw it as Kenya's last ditch effort to get her mother to communicate with her. Would I have done the same no, but I'm not in Kenya's shoes. I do think Aunt Lori loves Kenya, but I also feel like she created this situation with bringing Kenya around where she knew Kenya's mother would be. She should be more accountable for the mess she helped create.

• Love 9

Cynthia telling NeNe to unblock her on social media made me laugh out loud.

I initially enjoyed Kim and her appalled reactions to the group's shenanigans, but now she's coming across as a bit smug and self-righteous, which is irritating.

I do agree with whoever said Kim seems to be getting negative edits the last few episodes.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 12

Sanctimommy is getting so tiresome. She's rude and uses her sons as an excuse to be rude, ergo her son has learned to be rude. Kim kept complaining that the trip was "too adult". Where did Kim think she was taking her kids? It's as if she expected them to be playing games and doing crafts, along with a scheduled story and nap time.

I just don't like the way that Kim acts. She acts like she's some big star, and if she doesn't want to do something she's just rude and leaves. I couldn't stand the way that she was acting on the bus when talking to Sheree over Happy Meals.

And when her eight year old son said something about "stupid congressmen" she should have corrected him. We were not allowed to use the word "stupid" at that age, and it's unbecoming IMO. 

Also did not like her shade-throwing at Phaedra. Something about how Phaedra's children needed the lecture but not her children, because her children's father wasn't in jail. Have several seats.

Cynthia looked gorgeous (and giddy) during her meetup with NeNe. If Cynthia can forgive Peter his transgressions, I guess NeNe's barely rate! If I didn't know any better, I would think that they pulled a Jill Zarin. (Kidding.)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 12

AYDEN:  I believe Ayden complained about the food.

AUNT LORI & KENYA:  Their argument sounded pretty much like the arguments on this board after last week's show.  If Aunt Lori doesn't want to be put in the middle then she should of told her sister that when she called and she should have remained at the reunion; why does not wanting to be in the middle apply to Kenya but not her sister?  At 60 years old you can't even say through a locked door, "get away from my door, I don't want to be bothered with you"; you have to call your sister and ask her to tell Kenya to stop.  I can't.    This family is one hot bed of dysfunction.  I have not been a fan of Kenya since she came on this show but this situation has made me look at her differently.

KIM:  I like how Kim prides herself on not having a nanny but acts  like she can't handle two children on what looked like an overnight trip out of town.  I agree with her that the subject matter wasn't for children.  They'll find out soon enough what this country thinks of them.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 13

Also did not like her shade-throwing at Phaedra. Something about how Phaedra's children needed the lecture but not her children, because her children's father wasn't in jail. Have several seats.

Did she really say that?!  If she did, she really needs to be careful lest she jinx's herself.  Her husband or even Kim herself could just as easily go to jail for tax evasion if she doesn't make enough coins on this show, so her holier than thou act needs to stop.  This has made me really dislike Kim Fields.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Good luck marketing your brand after this show Kim.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

I thought it was kind of cute when Porshea realized she had almost sang a Micheal Jackson lyric. Every so often she drops her heavily rehearsed dumb act and I think she's not so terrible.

Did Nene gain a lot of weight or are her clothing choices even worse than they used to be?

I can't believe it was the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March. I feel old.

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 8

I agree that the DC trip wasn't a good idea for young children. I could see how they could get bored easily and be restless. I did not mind Sebastian's complaining or what he said, because he is 8 years old. I would not be too happy to be going to the meetings they went to when I was 8. I would have preferred to play Barbie's. I wonder if they got a chance to sightsee, because that might have interested the kids more. I wonder if Sebastian thought he might have more time to play with Dylan and Ayden than what was given. Also, Porsha seemed a bit bored at the march. Though we did not see Sebastian's reaction to the march, because Kim suddenly had an event to go to.

And when her eight year old son said something about "stupid congressmen" she should have corrected him. We were not allowed to use the word "stupid" at that age, and it's unbecoming IMO.

I could not tell where Sebastian was when he was complaining. It did not seem like he was speaking that loud. Almost like talking to himself. When they arrived I thought he was a bit in front of the group, but it was a quick shot so it could have been Ayden or Dylan. It seemed like most of his remarks where basically voiceovers, so who knows where he was or who he was near when making his comments. 

I am fine with Kim saying she does not have a nanny and such, but she needs to learn not to let her children call the shots all the time. There is nothing wrong with excusing yourself to be a mother, but the way she does it feels so rude. With that said, the only thing I like about Kim is that she has Kenya's number. They should have made Sheree a full time housewife, because Kim is doing the bare minimum.

Did Phaedra's nanny go to the meetings/lunch as well? I did not notice her.

I hate that Nene is back. Of course Cynthia is practically up her ass already. She does not remember what the fight was about? Riiiiiggghhhhtttt.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 7

While Kim, whom I used to just flove, is really getting on everyone's last nerve with her attitude, at the point she took the crying child out of the room, I wondered if everyone really thought she should just keep him in the room disrupting everything. Now, that would have been truly rude. And pointless. The child obviously needed a nap and wasn't going to just settle down and go with the flow.

I also understand her not wanting her 8 year old to be hearing comments like "No one likes African American boys." For many children that age and even older, it would be hard to explain that the statement didn't mean "You are unlikable because you are an African American boy."

I do think she put on a lot of excuse making for the other events that wasn't so acceptable.

NeNe. Bye, girl. Still haven't learned your Queen routine sucks. Stay away until you do.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 11

Children had NO business being a part of that DC trip. I don't blame any of them for being cranky, rude, whatever. And Kim was right, she was the only one with a child old enough to understand what the unfortunately costumed Congresswoman was saying. I wouldn't want my 8 year old son hearing that nobody like black boys. Phaedra admitted at the March that her children didn't know what was going on because they were too young.

Eight years old is too young? I was eight years old when Martin Luther King was killed and I knew who he was and what he stood for.

Also many white people, especially cops, don't see black and brown children as that, children, hence Tamar Rice.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17

So much, in this episode. 

Regarding Kim, I think most women would take a crying child out of a room of adults having a serious discussion. Her response to taking Sebastian aside during the Congresswoman's proclamations about young black boys, was more a question of etiquette for me.  Did Phaedra not let her know what the meeting would be about? It probably would have just come across better if she waited after the meeting to take her son aside to try to explain things.  

Kim has an acting legacy and I know members of Congress are often star struck and maybe expected to spend time with her.  She could have handled the situation better.  But she is not savvy.

Regarding Kenya taking the camera crew to her mother's house. Kenya is often doubted and seen as not credible.  I would not have known the extent of rejection had I not seen that scene and the aftermath with Lori and her daughter.. 

WTF moments

Porsha going to the Million Man March anniversary to "Get her Olivia Pope on"

Apollo to Ayden: "I will be home soon"  SMDH

Phaedra saying Sheree's son is legal.  Is she still thinking of air mattresses? The thought of Phaedra making connections with member of Congress most likely to try to get funding for her "organization" makes my skin crawl.

Nene's return was just as awful as I expected.  Now she wants to pretend to be the victim who needed time away from everything.  What a bully bitch.  Constantly condescending to the other cast members whom she must now realize she needs to stay relevant.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 6

I kinda got the feeling aunt Lori is talking around things so as not to break the fourth wall when what she really wants to say is she doesn't like that Kenya is doing all of this on camera for a storyline. She's been around all these years and knows better than anyone how Kenya feels so she's obviously not surprised that Kenya wanted to talk. I think her anger was because of the on camera ambush.

That is the impression I got as well, particularly when Lori described Kenya just showing up with the "Family Van" (hee!) and knocking on Patricia's door. I thought she almost said "and with a camera crew in tow" before catching herself.

Did I hear verbal confirmation of someone's claim on here that Ayden misbehaves at school?

It's nice to see Phaedra is letting Apollo speak to his sons on the phone, I guess.

• Love 7

I hate that Nene is back. Of course Cynthia is practically up her ass already. She does not remember what the fight was about? Riiiiiggghhhhtttt.

Well, Cynthia, we will be more than happy to remind you that it all started when NeNe got up in your husbands face with her loud, scratchy voice and called him a "bitch".  Remember now? 

And the fact that NeNe has a regular gig on Fashion Police makes my skin crawl. She can't dress for shit, she has never had any fashion sense, and still doesn't know what the hell to do with her hair. Really, Melissa Rivers what are you thinking??

• Love 11
Did I hear verbal confirmation of someone's claim on here that Ayden misbehaves at school?

Yes, I think there was a former moderator who first reported here on that.  It seems we now have confirmation from Phaedra and Apollo about Ayden's bad behavior at school.

And the fact that NeNe has a regular gig on Fashion Police makes my skin crawl.

She does not have a regular gig on Fashion Police, just guest spots maybe once or twice a year. It seems Fashion Police is on its last legs anyways.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 8

And, I believe Sheree should've loaned Kim her air mattress to put her son down for his nap.

Did Nene's old nose grow back?

• Love 6

Children had NO business being a part of that DC trip. I don't blame any of them for being cranky, rude, whatever. And Kim was right, she was the only one with a child old enough to understand what the unfortunately costumed Congresswoman was saying. I wouldn't want my 8 year old son hearing that nobody like black boys. Phaedra admitted at the March that her children didn't know what was going on because they were too young.

I think Kim's actions were right.  That visit was akin to taking children to a busy office.  Plus, I did not like the tone of that conversation myself.  I don't believe that white people hate black people and I don't think black people need to fear law enforcement. 

It's nice to see Phaedra is letting Apollo speak to his sons on the phone, I guess.

Phaedra reported to Apollo that Ayden had acted up in school; Apollo addressed it in his conversation with Ayden.

I think it was nice to hear that Ayden and Apollo talk.  I cannot imagine how difficult it is for Ayden to be without his father.  Phaedra has legitimate reasons not to take the boys to see their father, but I think she should take them to visit him.

• Love 5
I don't believe that white people hate black people and I don't think black people need to fear law enforcement.

In my opinion it is blanket statements that may be probematic.  There are white people who hate black people and there are black people who need to fear law enforcement.  There are also white people who do not hate black people and black people who may not need to fear law enforcement at all times. 

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 12

Why no support for African American female children?  I think perhaps there should be focus on both sexes.  Phaedra's organization has not mentored or sent one person to college has it?  I just recall a dinner where she flapped her gums as usual.  I am disappointed the member of Congress was so brainless as to claim, in front of primary school age children they were hated because of their race and gender.  Think before you speak madam representative.

• Love 13

I applaud Kim's decision to wisk her fussy child out of the 'important gathering'. Had she kept her crying kid present, it would have been disrespectful. I do not believe for a second, any of the women's opinion would have been 'she did right by keeping the fussy child present' had she done that. Kim's not naive. She's being a mother FIRST, above all else. Yet she gets shamed for that too. Tsk. Think the frustration Kim was feeling was she AND HER SONS were invited, yet she isn't familiar with calling a nanny to stand outside of camera view to take over when children need it. Phaedra could have offered up her nanny for the important photo moments, but no they are all so happy to see Kim outside of her element. This really bugs me!

Sheree knew this would be a hot topic & went to the van to keep herself relevant (oh yeee of such motherly wisdom and strength-LOL). In one breath she's saying Kim should have gotten a caretaker for the children, in another breath (knowing a caretaker wasnt available to Kim ) telling Kim to please rejoin in the guise of how it would appear. She's shifty. 

I know these shows are scripted and this is what keeps people tuning in. But it bugs the shit out of me how they'll force 'fake friendships' onto us like we are idiots not to see thru it, and then not even give us a play out of what a 'true friend' would do. Like, perhaps have Sheree offer to sit and tend to the children for a half hour so Kim could experience the 'important people' too. Nope. Just all 5 of the 'model housewives' are just so friggin stumped at everything Kim does, yet not one of them has an ounce of fortitude to offer kind gestures. Selfish women. Rant done.

• Love 19

I don't believe that white people hate black people and I don't think black people need to fear law enforcement.

It's easy to make this statement if you've never been a victim of racism.  It's true, not all white people hate black people, but the history of this being true isn't something that's been hidden all these years.  The paint hasn't necessarily chipped all the way off of the "Whites Only" signs.  They are not that old.  I've been called the "N" word by a group of white people who just happened to pass me in their car.  This was in the early 90's, again, not that long ago.  I grew up in the south where there is still a whole generation of racists that haven't died off yet.  And I don't know about your sons if you have any, but my son has been accosted by the police just because they claimed he "looked suspicious".  He was standing in the parking lot of a restaurant waiting for me to come out with my to go order.  He got out of the car and was just standing there leaning on MY car as he was talking on his phone.  [sarcasm]Very suspicious looking.[/sarcasm]  I for one think it was because he chooses to wear his hair in very long dreadlocks.  I fear for him every day; especially when it comes to the police.  I don't dispute what the congresswoman was saying.  It was a very blanket statement, but I don't believe that she even believes that ALL white people hate young black men.  I think she was just making an observation based on the unfortunate number of young black men who have been killed by the police recently.

• Love 24