Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Ms. Parks Goes To Washington

• Start Topic

Did I read it wrong or did Nene basically say she was coming to take her show back? She didn't say it in so many words but it was the way she was mocking Kenya as "not the queen" or something. Nene was saying she couldn't cut it, and not just with Cynthia, so I'm thinking she got a call from the producers, got a fat check, and came back. She's being downright obnoxious about it. I dislike Kenya so much I don't care, to be honest. I think this season is horrible so it's worth a shot.

I think Cynthia goes with who has the most power on the show. JMO but she'll drop Kenya so fast it will make everyone's head spin.

Kim is not a happy housewife. She should move on and find other ways to pay her debts. This is not her format. 

Sheree's son is gorgeous!! MY God.  She's lucky Porsha doesn't throw herself at him. I feel as if I'm a dirty old lady but he was super hot!

Kandi's aunts still amuse me. Joyce...not so much. I think Bertha is hysterical. She could have her own show and I'd watch.

• Love 4

I think Kim did the right thing by taking her fussy baby out of the room so he wouldn't disturb everyone's lunch. Unlike Phaedra, she doesn't have a nanny to simply hand him off to, so she had to deal with it herself. I also don't blame her for not wanting her son exposed to the 'white people hate black men' position of that Congresswoman because she was caught off-guard by the attitude and it's her decision when and how to teach him about that.

And btw, it's not just young black men who are victims of over-zealous police officers. My 23 year-old son was being questioned because of an incident with our jerk neighbor - and he reached out to shake the officer's hand (after telling him that's what he was going to do) and the cop and his partner threw him to the floor. They smacked him around so badly they knocked some of his teeth out and there was blood splattered all over my kitchen.  Then they had the nerve to charge him with resisting arrest. Their version of Internal Affairs supposedly did an investigation, but as expected nothing happened to the officers. So the police can be total douches to upper middle-class white boys too.     

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 5

That scene with all those kids climbing all over the Congresswoman's office was silly.  If you took one child the age of all those boys added together, he would have been old enough to attend, I suppose.  But a couple of two year olds?  Crawlin' and squallin' around?  It was just dumb.

And I really think it sucks that Bravo would tape a mic pack on a kid so they could record what he was saying when he thought nobody was listening or capture him innocently griping to one of his little friends about being bored or not liking the food.  Then actually AIR that mess later.  How crummy.

• Love 23

Like most working mothers, Kim should have hired a sitter or asked a relative to help care for her children either at home or while she traveled. It is unreasonable to expect small children to sit through luncheons, etc.

• Love 5

And I really think it sucks that Bravo would tape a mic pack on a kid so they could record what he was saying when he thought nobody was listening or capture him innocently griping to one of his little friends about being bored or not liking the food. Then actually AIR that mess later. How crummy.

They are putting a lot more emphasis on Phaedra's kids this season. Not always in a good way.

• Love 7

Sebastian and Ayden heard that white people don't like them.

Not at all.  Not once did she mention white people. 

Kenya gets to hang on to it for as long as she wants.  While it isn't healthy, it's her pain and her feelings and only she has the right to decide when to turn it off and let it go.  She shouldn't have to turn off her pain & suffering because other people are uncomfortable.

Having said that, if Patricia does not want any contact whatsoever with Kenya, Patricia has that right and Kenya needs to respect that.  Perhaps a restraining order needs to take place.

Kenya has the right to bemoan the rejection from her mom but Patricia has the right not to be bothered.

This is what I think Lori was trying to tell Kenya.  That Patricia has a right to not be bothered.  Kenya disagreed.  She seems to think that just because Patricia gave birth to her, she has a right to harass her whenever she wants.  She is dead wrong.  Lori even told Kenya, "She doesn't bother you so why do you keep bothering her?"  I've always thought that maybe Patricia had some mental problems.  No normal human being would refuse to speak to their own child, even if they did give them up.  She definitely has issues.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

what was up when Phaedra caught Kim's oldest child looking strange (nicest way I could describe the look) on her phone's video? Phaedra acted startled or disgusted. It was sort of funny.

I know, I caught that.  Maybe Sebastian flipped her the bird.  LOL!  He did have a very sinister look on his face the way he was just staring at Phaedra.  Maybe he held her responsible for the "stupid congressmen" tour. 

• Love 2

They are putting a lot more emphasis on Phaedra's kids this season. Not always in a good way.

Not just Phaedra's sons but Kim's sons as well. It seems that production/Bravo want to make these very young children look bad thereby making their moms look bad.

• Love 6

Not just Phaedra's sons but Kim's sons as well. It seems that production/Bravo want to make these very young children look bad thereby making their moms look bad.

What a nasty thing to do to the children, just to make the moms look bad.

I didn't think Kim was wrong to leave the room with a fussy toddler. It happens, why make everyone suffer through a child that needs a nap. However, Kim does not seem to fit in with this show, not a put down. This just isn't good for her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13
Way to make a young man have a chip on his shoulder but to indoctrinate him into believeing that his country hates him. Bravo!

I hate this term. Watching the news every night will reinforce to black children how their country thinks of them so I empathize with whatever anger young people feel.

Is Phaedra getting involved in these orgs. as penance? Apollo's incarceration will have a profound effect on those boys and I'm glad she's trying to do something positive in light of it, but some of this comes off way too rehearsed.

Unlike Phaedra, she doesn't have a nanny to simply hand him off to, so she had to deal with it herself.

What's wrong with engaging a sitter/nanny while you're at work? Again this is their job, so if they need to be at work why not engage a sitter (whether it's a cousin, grandma or staff) just like any of the rest of us would?  I don't have a problem with Kim leaving. I don't have a problem with Kim not wanting her boys exposed to harsh realities to come. I have a problem with Kim acting like she didn't know the itinerary for the day and being unprepared.

They advertised Porsha's weaves during the show--I had no idea you could finance weave?!!!!  

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 7

Sebastian and Ayden heard that white people don't like them.

Unfortunately, the Congresswoman went even farther in her statement - she said (emphasis mine) "PEOPLE really do not like African American boys." I can't imagine what all the boys present must have been thinking about that remark. A couple seemed old enough to get the drift, some were too young, like Phaedra's boys, but that was an extremely unfortunate if well intentioned statement. I would have whisked my boys out, too.

• Love 13

Explaining to a young Black male some of the challenges he will face in life due to his race and gender is a matter probably best left to his parents, who can time the discussion and choose their words carefully, so as to serve the best interests of their son. 

It's not really something a politician scoring some time on a reality show should carelessly blurt out in front of some little boys just for dramatic effect.   

• Love 16

Kim's entire look at the congresswoman's office was disrespectful.  Why that hair?  Why that outfit?  Her hair looks very nice in her TH, so I don't see why it would be okay to look any old way at a congresswoman's office, but actually look really nice in the TH?  She should have borrowed Phaedra's team of stylists.

I totally get Kim wanting to have that talk with her son, Sebastian.  I also get her needing to take the kids out to get lunch, etc, etc.  What I don't understand is why she didn't ask a few more questions before dragging her kids to these events without a nanny or a sitter.  Did she not know they were going to talk about issues surrounding young black men and police officers?  Phaedra's organization seems to lend itself to those discussions.  I also don't know that Kim had to remove her son immediately from the situation or if she could have just remained in the room and explained it to him later.

Honestly, I thought Kairo was the one child who would have gotten the most out of that discussion....and maybe even  a scholarship of some sort, or at least a shot at an internship if he wants one.  It would have been great if he could have been involved in that.

Sounds like Kim tries to bring everyone down to her level of looking generally unkempt next week!

• Love 3

Did I read it wrong or did Nene basically say she was coming to take her show back? She didn't say it in so many words but it was the way she was mocking Kenya as "not the queen" or something. Nene was saying she couldn't cut it, and not just with Cynthia, so I'm thinking she got a call from the producers, got a fat check, and came back. She's being downright obnoxious about it. I dislike Kenya so much I don't care, to be honest. I think this season is horrible so it's worth a shot.

Perhaps Nene realizes that her decision to leave the show was a misstep.  I know she has gotten a few jobs post HW, but nothing really permanent (at this point Fashion Police is circling the drain).   She had the game show thing, but I haven't heard of that being picked up.  And there were the two relatively short stints on Broadway and at Cirque.

But those cannot possibly be paying the same money she was making as a regular, and arguably most recognizable member of RHOA.  

Not to mention that it is RHOA that has made her a "personality," and allows her to best showcase that personality -- which leads to getting other opportunities.  But without that showcase, people start to forget about her.  

In short, I would be surprised if Bravo is begging her to come back, but it would not surprise me if she has been making moves to come back.  From where I sit, Nene has much more to lose than Bravo. 

For me, I hope Nene doesn't come back.  I realize that some people don't like this season, but I feel like when Nene is on the show, she becomes the focus of everything.  I've enjoyed seeing everyone else this season without the constant commentary by, or about Nene.  To me, its been a welcome breath of fresh air not to have her around so I can get to better know the other cast members without her being the constant focus.  I feel like there has been equal time spent on all the cast members this season.

• Love 16

But without that showcase, people start to forget about her.

Exactly. She thought when she quit, the show would come to a screeching halt. She underestimated her popularity, or lack thereof. If she comes back as haughty and rude, she's learned nothing.

I agree with what someone posted earlier about Gregg possibly being ill. He doesn't look like himself, and he seems to be in a fog.

• Love 13

I'm startled by Nene's appearance here and on the fashion show. She looks like she threw on a dress and wig as she ran out the door.

Maybe she and Gregg remarried because of his (alleged) illness? The remarriage never made sense to me, other than Nene's desire to have the wedding on TV.

I missed earlier episodes but I understand Kenya's heartbreak over her mother. However, showing up with a camera crew at a family gathering was a serious mistake in judgment.

Todd sure is maximizing his opportunities as Kandi's husband. I tuned in to see the aunties.

• Love 5

How long does Kenya get to hang on to this?  I do feel like Kenya needs to get over this (with therapy).  So many people are abused and/or have other tragedies happen to them as a child.  I don't feel you should harp on them, certainly the older you get.  It's like Ramona whining about a bad childhood on RHONY, and expecting to be excused for her horrible behavior because of it.  No way, it doesn't work like that.  Functioning adults have to find a way to get through the pain and over it.  No, you will never forget the pain, but Kenya is being an active participant in this horrible situation. 

She needs to remove herself from it, there is no way this is healthy, and I don't feel there is any way any mental health professional would suggest Kenya keeps acting how she is.  You can't change situations, but you can change how you react to them.  And isn't the definition of insanty doing the same behavior, but expecting a different result?  Well, to me that is Kenya.

I don't think Kenya's situation is one you just get over.  Many years ago I was really close friends with a couple who one day just cut me off without explanation.  We'd had no disagreement, nothing I was aware of to cause them to drop me, and they wouldn't respond when I repeatedly reached out to find out what the problem was.  It's been probably 15 or more years since that happened, and I still think about it constantly.  The lack of closure (for want of a better word) is like a little parasite that constantly feeds on my mind.  Had these friends simply said to me, "We have X problem with you, so go fuck yourself" I would have been sad, but it would be well behind me.  Instead, it's this hanging question mark that haunts me.  And that was just friends. The fact that Kenya's mother pretends Kenya doesn't exist doesn't make it so.  Kenya told her aunt that she had a right to confront her mother, and she was completely right about that.  Had Kenya's mother simply met with Kenya at some point and told her, face to face, that while she acknowledges the suck-assedness of the situation, she really doesn't want Kenya in her life, I'm sure Kenya would have been hurt and maybe angry, but she likely would have moved on from there.  Instead this woman has created a huge vacuum in her daughter's life, and that same dangling question mark.  It's the ultimate selfish behavior, and it's frustrating to see the woman's family enabling her in that behavior.  I'm not a fan of Kenya, by a long shot, but her situation is heartbreaking and unfair and really painful to witness, even from a long distance.

• Love 21

Kim's entire look at the congresswoman's office was disrespectful.  Why that hair?  Why that outfit?  Her hair looks very nice in her TH, so I don't see why it would be okay to look any old way at a congresswoman's office, but actually look really nice in the TH?  She should have borrowed Phaedra's team of stylists.

While I'm with you on Kim's Bride of Frankenstein hair not being it, I won't shade her entirely because the congresswoman looked ridiculous herself. Clearly, no one took this seriously, outfit-wise. Congresswoman had on a damn cowboy hat. Looking as if they caught her just when she was about to step out to the Honky-Tonk bar.

• Love 11

I wouldn't think of it as "ignoring" Kenya so much as respecting Patricia's wishes.   Placing Kenya with someone else to be raised was her call.  She may have only been 15, but it was her decision to make.  There may have been various kinds of pressures on her, to be sure ... her own father's attitude, the general stigma of being an unwed mother ... but whatever the reason, Patricia had made it clear she didn't want any contact with Kenya.  By inserting herself in the situation, Lori likely prevented Patricia from moving on as well as she might have.  And she probably undermined Kenya's bond with her father's family, too (not to mention setting her up for all kinds of pain as she was rejected by Patricia over and over).   It might have been best for all involved if Lori had just ignored Kenya, sad as that sounds.  

Who is to say that if Lori had not disregarded her sister's wishes, Patricia and Kenya's attitude toward each other might have turned out differently? Instead of a 45 year impasse punctuated by episodes of mutual rejection, there might have been a long period of no contact during which both women matured.  No grudges would have developed, insecurities might not have festered.  And one day, at a time of mutual choosing, they might have met as grown women and moved forward on their own.  But we will never know.  Because Lori took that opportunity away from both of them.  Of course she is not psychic and she didn't know how things would turn out.  She may have even thought that by staying in contact with Kenya, she would somehow be able to facilitate a relationship between Kenya and Patricia.  Her intentions may have been totally innocent.  But the reality of the situation is, Lori didn't respect what her sister wanted and as a result things between Kenya and Patricia were probably made much worse than they had to be.  She should have respected her sister's wishes and stayed out of it.  Because as it is now, Lori bears a large part of the responsibility for the hostilities between Kenya and her mother in my book.

Nice Assessment!!! Especially the bolded.

• Love 1

While I'm with you on Kim's Bride of Frankenstein hair not being it, I won't shade her entirely because the congresswoman looked ridiculous herself. Clearly, no one took this seriously, outfit-wise. Congresswoman had on a damn cowboy hat. Looking as if they caught her just when she was about to step out to the Honky-Tonk bar.

You're right, maybe she had on some amazing hair and an awesome outfit and someone sent her a picture of the congresswoman and she was like "oh no, I'm not wasting my good hair on this! I'm gonna put on my crazy hair!"  But, credit to the congresswoman, she was committed to that hat, she wore it for the entire meeting.  

• Love 2

I hadn't thought of this, but you're probably right.

I had no problem with Kim excusing herself - first to explain to Sebastian the congresswoman's comments and then to let Quincy have his nap. I did think it odd that she showed up to the march for five minutes before heading to the airport. 

My issue with Kim - especially in light of the previews for next week - is her passive-aggressive self righteousness and judgmentalness (not a word I know). Kim - it's fine that you don't travel with a nanny and an assistant, but it's also fine if other people have them.

I agree with this about Kim but I also think that she's reacting to the subtle shade that gets thrown her way as well. It's the whole working mom vs. stay at home mom tug of war that has been around for ages. I like her no apologies approach but unfortunately when you have that stance you also tend to seem arrogant cause, well, that's how you hold a stance on something, with a bit of firmness and no nonsense. It's hard to give off that stern vibe without sounding condescending and Kim is really taking a hit on how she chooses to present her take on the matter. I do applaud her tackling this as part of her Atlanta HW role this season. It's commendable and worthy to address I just want her to find a better balance so that these others can't muddy her very valid points by throwing shade on her delivery. But yeah, although I do think Kim is pretty good at being diplomatic she's still getting tangled in some of those reality show webs and by her own actions but I ain't mad at her.... yet... LOL

• Love 4

I don't know what's up with Kim, but, she always has an out at the ready. She should just bow out of this show. It's obvious she doesn't want to participate.

See I always have a problem with this. I get signing on a reality show means you open yourself up and all that but I honestly don't understand why its not okay when we see some of the HoWives try to hold on to SOME of the control ESPECIALLY when it involves shooting with their children. I don't agree with the idea that when the housewives sign on they HAVE to be okay with negative shit and drama surrounding them. Just because that's what the viewers like doesn't mean they HAVE to deliver or allow or be held hostage by the NEGATIVE aspects that surround the franchises because at the same time we do have viewers that like the lighter side and appreciate the more fun and humorous parts of the interactions so I have no problem with housewives who decide to get out of dodge when uncontrollable and shifty circumstances starts peekabooing all over the set or Howives who decide that the anticipated antics of possibly unruly children will not be starring their children. I get it, but signing on doesn't mean you stop protecting yourself, your family and your overall sanity and should allow yourself to be overwhelmed with chaos. Signing on just means that you've come on board to SHARE, not to be completely OVERRUN by the cameras and shady agendas. No ma'am and I applaud any Housewife that doesn't kowtow to the strongarming that tends to occur with production and the other castmates. It goes a bit overboard sometimes and I find it pretty unacceptable at times so G'won with ya bad self Kim!

• Love 6

The answer to Kenya's mom ignoring her or not developing a relationship with her may be as simple, and this is way over simplified, she may not have had maternal instincts or ever developed them.  One can love and advocate for children without being maternal.  There are loads of married educators who do not have children by choice, and do a grand job of educating their students. It may very well be the reason why she had no other children either through birth or adoption. Out the gate she was made to feel as if having a child was bad due to her age.  If it is merely a lack of maternal instinct and Patricia did not want to force something that wasn't there.  Kenya year after year asking, "why?" probably did little to get Patricia to come forward.  I get the impression that no matter the answer, excuse or whatever Patricia chooses to offer, if she ever does, it will never be enough for Kenya. All I can hear from Kenya is, "why, why, why and how, how, how...." Kenya needs at this time to respect her birth mother's right to privacy and stop with the ambush tactic.  Kenya seems to want to keep a relationship with her Aunt Laurie and part of that relationship has to be Kenya respecting Laurie's desire to maintain a relationship with her sister.

• Love 3

The answer to Kenya's mom ignoring her or not developing a relationship with her may be as simple, and this is way over simplified, she may not have had maternal instincts or ever developed them.  One can love and advocate for children without being maternal.  There are loads of married educators who do not have children by choice, and do a grand job of educating their students. It may very well be the reason why she had no other children either through birth or adoption. Out the gate she was made to feel as if having a child was bad due to her age.  If it is merely a lack of maternal instinct and Patricia did not want to force something that wasn't there.  Kenya year after year asking, "why?" probably did little to get Patricia to come forward.  I get the impression that no matter the answer, excuse or whatever Patricia chooses to offer, if she ever does, it will never be enough for Kenya. All I can hear from Kenya is, "why, why, why and how, how, how...." Kenya needs at this time to respect her birth mother's right to privacy and stop with the ambush tactic.  Kenya seems to want to keep a relationship with her Aunt Laurie and part of that relationship has to be Kenya respecting Laurie's desire to maintain a relationship with her sister.

It doesn't seem like Kenya has ever pushed Lori to stay away from her sister and thats not how I saw the conversation going.  I think Kenya seemed more upset that everyone seemed to allow Patricia to just behave so terribly without any repercussion or insisting that she do the right thing.  Or maybe even just saying "listen, I'm bringing Kenya to this, since you can't treat her like a human being, maybe you can just sit this one out."  But, Lori was also right in that Kenya has no idea with Lori ever said to her sister and how she may have chastised her at the time.  However, to me, if Lori wants to stay out of the middle of it, she should just stay out of the middle of it and not take up for either side.

I think pbutler's point is on the money.  I think Kenya just wants closure at this point and some level of acknowledgment.  As pbutler pointed out, even with relationships that aren't as fundamental as the one you have with your mother, closure is important.  Even if the woman had just opened the door and said "listen, I'm not interested in talking to you or having a relationship with you."   At least that is something.  

I just can't see that not having a maternal instinct means that you can't just do the right thing.  The right thing is to sit down and have the conversation.  Would it be uncomfortable, yes.  Would it be painful, maybe.  But its still the right thing to do.  And if Kenya pushes for more than you can continue to successfully ignore her as you've done for 40+ years.  And truly, I think there is a good chance that once she gets that closure that it stops being such a large and looming issue for her and she can put it in perspective.  

That someone who had no say in the matter has to be the one to make the difficult decisions and have to suffer the fallout seems very unfair to me.  And its an unfairness that can be made right by her mother doing the right thing.  Yeah, its not fun, its not comfortable, but its not impossible to do the right thing in the face of discomfort and pain.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 10

No normal human being would refuse to speak to their own child, even if they did give them up.  She definitely has issues.

Ya think? I'm actually amazed that this concept isn't pretty evident by now. This is why I have no real judgment against her because I'm pretty convinced that she's got serious issues.

• Love 3

We posted at the same time. I agree. Lori's reaction makes sense when you factor in the cameras. Lori and the cousin have always been in Kenya's corner when they've appeared on the show. I saw true emotion from two women who wanted to plead with Kenya not to do this on TV but couldn't. Everybody in that family seems to be hiding something and they don't want it outed on TV. Right or wrong, it's how they feel.

My sister doesn't watch this regularly.  She watched with me though and when Lori was stumbling around about why she was so pissed at Kenya for going over there, sissy said, either that lady (referring to Patricia) was raped or ole boy (referring to Ronald) is not Kenya's father.  Either way, we agreed that on a scale of 1 to Your Mama Ain't Shit, Patricia, Lori and Che are 9s across the board.

I agree that the DC trip wasn't a good idea for young children. I could see how they could get bored easily and be restless. I did not mind Sebastian's complaining or what he said, because he is 8 years old. I would not be too happy to be going to the meetings they went to when I was 8. I would have preferred to play Barbie's. I wonder if they got a chance to sightsee, because that might have interested the kids more. I wonder if Sebastian thought he might have more time to play with Dylan and Ayden than what was given. Also, Porsha seemed a bit bored at the march. Though we did not see Sebastian's reaction to the march, because Kim suddenly had an event to go to.

LMAOOOOO!!  I'm so mad that you lumped her in with the group of people with 6-7 minute attention spans.  

But they are, and smart black parents let their children know this EARLY, not to discourage them, but to let their children know there are people who don't like you because of your race & gender and their mistreatment is because of those people's hangups, not them personally.

Not just black parents.  When current NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio said on This Week with George Stephanopolus that he has and does regularly have these conversations with both of his black children, in response, the NYC Police Department literally turned their back on him.  For saying he talks to his kids about how to respond in interactions with not just law enforcement but any authority figure to ensure their own safety and that in his opinion in our current environment it's a discussion every parent should have.  Then a few mere months later, Dylan Roof (S.C. black church shooter) became the living demonstration of exactly what and why he said this conversation was necessary and NYC cops are still showing him their asses.  Insanity.

Phaedra and her young boys foundation make me laugh.  You don't think there are already charitable organizations in Atlanta that help young black boys?  Phaedra just wants to collect yet another check because it's HER foundation.  She could donate her time and money to other worthy organizations but no....  I swear sometimes she makes Apollo seem like an amateur.

Lol!  Let's be honest, comparatively, he was.  Her signature isn't on n'air piece of paper. 

I agree that the feeling is mutual.  It's just that Nene is more of the alpha dog in the relationship, so she keeps her emotions more in check.

I agree with you and I think that's what she'd love if everybody believed.   Women who actually are alpha dogs {{looks at Flotus}} don't say a word, it's said about them.

Sadly the Dale Evans fantasy didn't end in Washington DC.  Here is yet another unfortunate chapeau choice by the esteemed Congresswoman,  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAqvs-0Kwu6/?taken-by=phaedraparks 

It's hard to keep a damb straight face looking at a representation of what Dr. King imagined....wearing red cowboy sequins on the Hill.  Will somebody please come get your Aunt Vernetia?

Since it's clear from the restaurant name that either Don Juan or Carmon read here, just wanted to say hey boo, heyyyyyy!   Say hi to Lady Macb..I mean Mama Joyce when ya'll see her ok?   You know it just occurred to me that I've never seen Auntie Baby Dinosaur smile - does Bertha even have teeth or did Joyce's boo yank those on his way out too?

• Love 14

It's hard to keep a damb straight face looking at a representation of what Dr. King imagined....wearing red cowboy sequins on the Hill.  Will somebody please come get your Aunt Vernetia?

LMAO!  That hat reminded me of an older black lady who had a collection of sequined Keds.  I LOVE being a black woman, and look forward to the day when I want to put sequins on everything.

I be honest with you, I want to see what Kenya's mother looks like.  She does not look like Ronald's side of the family to me, I kinda see the resemblance to Aunt Lori, but I want to see if she looks like her mother.  If she doesn't....oh boy.....

• Love 4

Explaining to a young Black male some of the challenges he will face in life due to his race and gender is a matter probably best left to his parents, who can time the discussion and choose their words carefully, so as to serve the best interests of their son. 

It's not really something a politician scoring some time on a reality show should carelessly blurt out in front of some little boys just for dramatic effect.   

I mean exactly. Only a parent knows when their child is ready to actually understand and grasp the message and work through whatever emotions it may bring up. This whole age thing, or old enough thing gets to me. Yes it's unfortunate how young recent victims have been but that doesn't magically make an 8 year old ready to understand what they need to understand and presenting this message to any child before they are capable of working through the logic and fear of this reality serves no good purpose. My son is 7 and he's sensitive and doesn't process as well or as quickly as I would like. He goes to speech therapy and has done well but his communication is slightly lacking and his processing isn't as mature as I would like. I've been assured that it will all come in time and that in the overall scheme of things he will be just fine but he's not able to really confide in me what he's feeling as fluently as the average 7 year old and I usually present important information to him clearly and throughly so that I'm sure understands since I can't count on him to come to me with any confusions or questions about his interpretation of things. He understands quite well but I can't count on him come to me with any misconceptions for clarity. It's like he pretty much takes things at face value and if something doesn't sit right then instead of analyzing or turning it around in his own head to reach a more acceptable conclusion he'll just internalize whatever doesn't make sense and deal with the ill will it creates with this oh well sentiment. That's why something as intense as that meeting would have been off putting to me as well since I know my son would have drank it in, probably had a reaction but would have just held onto it without really hashing out how bad it made him feel or how confused he was by it. It's not for anyone else to decide whether a child is ready to hear certain sad truths about the world. The world being unfair is still no excuse for outside factors to unnecessarily impose that information on children randomly and with reckless abandon.

Actually, funny enough my son had a Den meeting for cub scouts before I saw the episode and something similar happened. We had a guest speaker who work with a charity that builds orphanages in Africa and was talking about how people can help and raising awareness etc. etc. and pretty much started it off with statics surrounding how many children die every day around the world. I was like What in the World?! And he didn't stop there he kept asking them to guess how many died everyday in the US. There were boys saying 1,200 and him shaking his head saying higher, and the boys kept throwing numbers out and the he kept saying higher. I mean REALLY?! This went on way longer than it needed to and I went from being annoyed and slightly angry to LIVID cause he wouldn't move on from this detail. Wow! That's not something my son is comfortable with. He looked a bit uncomfortable and glanced at me but then he made the face I know all to well that meant he was just swallowing the discomfort he was feeling and my heart sank. That's some grown up stuff to unload on a boy just like that. I mean damn. We talk about letting children be children but then think it's okay to blast them with these sort of realities cause, well it's for a good cause?? But God Forbid you let it slip that your marriage is in shambles or you bad talk a parent or show that you're human by arguing with your spouse. Oh no you're stealing their innocence and ruining their carefree moments to just be kids but yeah imma throw these real world problems on YOUR child'slap, which they are unprepared and it's A OK. Well not in my book.. It's just sickening the liberties some take when determining what should and shouldn't be okay or what should and shouldn't been a necessity for someone elses child to hear or know but are quick to condemn what a parent deems is okay or not okay for their own child. Like Really? Backwards.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

.  What I don't understand is why she didn't ask a few more questions before dragging her kids to these events without a nanny or a sitter.  Did she not know they were going to talk about issues surrounding young black men and police officers? 

But at the same time it's presented as a children inclusive event. Wouldn't one expect a level of decorum and abbreviation from politicians who know all too well how to present and discuss an issue as appropriately as possible and double that considering children will be present? I wouldn't expect ANY adult to be that reckless when conveying a message with children around let alone political representatives that understand more than anyone on how to deliver information professionally.

I was actually shocked with that messy declaration to be honest.  I wouldn't have expected that at ALL even with the information about what the subject matter was.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

But at the same time it's presented as a children inclusive event. Wouldn't one expect a level of decorum and abbreviation from politicians who know all too well how to present and discuss an issue as appropriately as possible and double that considering children will be present? I wouldn't expect ANY adult to be that reckless when conveying a message with children around let alone political representatives that understand more than anyone on how a deliver information professionally.

I was actually shocked with that messy declaration to be honest.  I wouldn't have expected that at ALL even with the information about what the subject matter was.

The declaration was messy, no question.  I think it's fabulous that the women are trying to be proactive in their son's lives to make them aware of the danger they face.

The thing that gets me though is it's so strange to me that Phaedra would have a foundation like she does and then turn around and make excuses after excuses for the jerk nephew of the new girl who was clearly a violent asshole.

• Love 8

LMAO!  That hat reminded me of an older black lady who had a collection of sequined Keds.  I LOVE being a black woman, and look forward to the day when I want to put sequins on everything.

I be honest with you, I want to see what Kenya's mother looks like.  She does not look like Ronald's side of the family to me, I kinda see the resemblance to Aunt Lori, but I want to see if she looks like her mother.  If she doesn't....oh boy.....

LOL!! I just wanna get to where I can say any damn thing I please and can't nobody do anything but churchfan me.

From lipstick alley.   This is supposedly Patricia Moore.

Patricia-Moore-md.png

• Love 4

I hope the foundation and charity are audited based on Phaedra's casual attitude towards debts, company she keeps, and repeated claimed ignorance on her personal accounting and partner's assets.

Charity foundations, or "true" charities are scrutinized and have to file regular financial reports. NeNe found that out real quick, remember? I hope Phaedra is sincere with her endeavor, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would not be surprised if this was a way for Phaedra to just have nice dinners and get to know people in power.  And maybe a way to launder money.  And pay herself an exorbitant salary as CEO, or "legal adviser."

• Love 5

I flipped the channel after everyone was walking in the luncheon in DC, with Sebastian's voiceovers. I saw Kim take her children out, because the youngest was getting restless and probably near nap time. When I turned back to the show, Sheree was on the bus talking to Kim, and Kim's kids had McDonalds Happy Meals. Did they show Kim getting McDonalds? Did she take the bus to McDonalds, send someone, or possibly walk? I felt like I missed something. Did they show what they were serving at the luncheon that the kids were complaining about?

• Love 1

I flipped the channel after everyone was walking in the luncheon in DC, with Sebastian's voiceovers. I saw Kim take her children out, because the youngest was getting restless and probably near nap time. When I turned back to the show, Sheree was on the bus talking to Kim, and Kim's kids had McDonalds Happy Meals. Did they show Kim getting McDonalds? Did she take the bus to McDonalds, send someone, or possibly walk? I felt like I missed something. Did they show what they were serving at the luncheon that the kids were complaining about?

I feel like I saw some shrimp on that plate and a few lettuce leaves.  I assumed they took the bus to get the McDonalds since they sort of looked like they were in a historic district and Kim had on heels.  I would think if they walked to get it, they would have just eaten it there instead of in the bus.  But the appearance of the Happy Meals was never fully explained....

• Love 3

I do not like seeing Nene back in the fold

I read this as back folds and laughed for a solid 2 minutes.

Did Nene gain a lot of weight or are her clothing choices even worse than they used to be?

The two don't need to be mutually exclusively. She gained weight and has bad taste in clothing. Nene only seems to be a label whore when it comes to accessories like shoes and bags. I never her hear her go on and on about designer clothes. Nene needs to spend less on shoes and bags and more on her clothing. What is the point of wearing red bottoms with an Hermes bag and then be decked out in ugly ill-fitting clothes? I will give her one thing - she does have some nice gams. 

Why no support for African American female children?  I think perhaps there should be focus on both sexes.  Phaedra's organization has not mentored or sent one person to college has it?  I just recall a dinner where she flapped her gums as usual.  I am disappointed the member of Congress was so brainless as to claim, in front of primary school age children they were hated because of their race and gender.  Think before you speak madam representative.

It is a bit shameful. I know a cousin in her teens that only just realized that black women got lynched back in the day too. 

I want to know if Phaedra's organization has filed the necessary paperwork to become a true non-profit in the federal sense. I mean it is or will it have 501© status? 

• Love 5

I am thinking the dress Nene was wearing may be one of her own designs for her line at HSN.  I couldn't find that particular dress in her current collection, but it looks like the kind of stuff she is selling over there (which mostly consists of random mishmashes of various design features all jammed into one unfortunate garment).  A cold-shoulder, full-length button-front style shirt dress made up in an unforgiving fabric that puckers and gaps even when you stand upright holding your breath would be right up her alley.  

Not even Cynthia could not have made that dress work.  

• Love 5

I am thinking the dress Nene was wearing may be one of her own designs for her line at HSN.  I couldn't find that particular dress in her current collection, but it looks like the kind of stuff she is selling over there (which mostly consists of random mishmashes of various design features all jammed into one unfortunate garment).  A cold-shoulder, full-length button-front style shirt dress made up in an unforgiving fabric that puckers and gaps even when you stand upright holding your breath would be right up her alley.  

Not even Cynthia could not have made that dress work.  

I agree, my tip off was the peek-a-boo shoulders.  I haven't seen that around in a hot minute, and that was really Nene's signature look.

The cameraman was shady for filming her from the back when she was leaning over.  I almost expected him to add a "beep, beep"

• Love 8

Can someone please give Kim the memo that A LOT of people have young children to care for and are still prompt & don't use their kids as excuses for being busy. Kim, I do it every day. You're not special. 

This was the first time I think I actually felt really bad for Kenya. I actually had to watch the scene with her aunt twice to collect my thoughts and it's still hard to put how I felt watching that, into words. When she cried I could really feel her pain - that's tough!! The whole situation is just messy. Yes, Patricia had the child not happily and gave the child up. She has the right to not be bothered by her child I suppose. But if what Kenya is saying is true about her coming around and not even acknowledge her, why come around at all??? Why put a child through that??? It's delusional for Lori to think she can have a great relationship with her sister AND act like a mother figure to her sisters daughter. I don't get that.

Nene looks like a got damn clown lol

Edited by tumamita
  • Love 5

Forgot to add and saw no one posted but an interesting tidbit was that Kim's husband works, which is why she couldn't leave the kids at home. I want to know what he does.

I thought he worked in the Theatre. Anyways this is where Kim having friends or relationships with family come into play. She goes on about how important her church is to her but she has no connections from there? Don't get along with none of her neighbors?

This doesn't really surprise me because she cries at the drop of a hat and gets very smug and critical. I hated that scornful voice and laugh she made in the phone to her husband when she said "I'm here ...on my GIRLS trip." Like it and they are so beneath her and stupid. Or how out of the gate she was critiquing the women's attire and dancing. And she felt entitled to do so.

• Love 3