Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Ms. Parks Goes To Washington

• Start Topic

I read this as back folds and laughed for a solid 2 minutes.

The two don't need to be mutually exclusively. She gained weight and has bad taste in clothing. Nene only seems to be a label whore when it comes to accessories like shoes and bags. I never her hear her go on and on about designer clothes. Nene needs to spend less on shoes and bags and more on her clothing. What is the point of wearing red bottoms with an Hermes bag and then be decked out in ugly ill-fitting clothes? I will give her one thing - she does have some nice gams. 

It is a bit shameful. I know a cousin in her teens that only just realized that black women got lynched back in the day too. 

I want to know if Phaedra's organization has filed the necessary paperwork to become a true non-profit in the federal sense. I mean it is or will it have 501© status? 

I'm sure she hasn't. She said something to the lady that seemed to me like she wanted help making it into a real 501©3.  

But if what Kenya is saying is true about her coming about and not even acknowledge her, why come around at all??? Why put a child through that???

I am starting to get the feeling that Patricia gets some kind of sick satisfaction if not pleasure from constantly rejecting Kenya.  Which is why I hope Kenya now moves forward and never speaks another word about her.

• Love 10

It appears that Bravo requires HWs to make an appearance or two during the following season after they leave. I am not reading too much into Nene's appearance this season. She is not back. She is making her appearance most likely based on contract.

• Love 2

It doesn't seem like Kenya has ever pushed Lori to stay away from her sister and thats not how I saw the conversation going.  I think Kenya seemed more upset that everyone seemed to allow Patricia to just behave so terribly without any repercussion or insisting that she do the right thing.  Or maybe even just saying "listen, I'm bringing Kenya to this, since you can't treat her like a human being, maybe you can just sit this one out."  But, Lori was also right in that Kenya has no idea with Lori ever said to her sister and how she may have chastised her at the time.  However, to me, if Lori wants to stay out of the middle of it, she should just stay out of the middle of it and not take up for either side.

I think pbutler's point is on the money.  I think Kenya just wants closure at this point and some level of acknowledgment.  As pbutler pointed out, even with relationships that aren't as fundamental as the one you have with your mother, closure is important.  Even if the woman had just opened the door and said "listen, I'm not interested in talking to you or having a relationship with you."   At least that is something.  

I just can't see that not having a maternal instinct means that you can't just do the right thing.  The right thing is to sit down and have the conversation.  Would it be uncomfortable, yes.  Would it be painful, maybe.  But its still the right thing to do.  And if Kenya pushes for more than you can continue to successfully ignore her as you've done for 40+ years.  And truly, I think there is a good chance that once she gets that closure that it stops being such a large and looming issue for her and she can put it in perspective.  

That someone who had no say in the matter has to be the one to make the difficult decisions and have to suffer the fallout seems very unfair to me.  And its an unfairness that can be made right by her mother doing the right thing.  Yeah, its not fun, its not comfortable, but its not impossible to do the right thing in the face of discomfort and pain.

We have no way of knowing if Patricia suffered repercussions from Lori or her family.  She may have had a lifetime of shame and rejection based on her inability to bond or even acknowledge Kenya.

I see Kenya as always wanting more, she wants an apology before they can talk, she wants her mom to attend the Kenya family reunion.  Maybe the right thing, in Patricia eyes, is not building up Kenya's hope for any type of meaningful relationship or even conversation.  This is not a relationship that can be resolved with a single conversation.  I get the impression Kenya is demanding to know why.  Sometimes why can be the most difficult of all questions to answer.  Kenya is successful in many aspects of her life for always wanting more and she has yet to see success in many areas of her life because of the same.. 

I guess what makes this a difficult situation is Patricia was not allowed the closed adoption that many are allowed.  It seems to me the adults around her pushed her for a situation she had no desire to a party to.  From what I read way back when Patricia reached out, Kenya wanted an apology before they could converse.  Kenya may get one or the other but not both.  It is hard to see anyone suffer that type of rejection and at this point in her life Kenya may have to settle for something far more private than she imagined.

• Love 4

We have no way of knowing if Patricia suffered repercussions from Lori or her family.  She may have had a lifetime of shame and rejection based on her inability to bond or even acknowledge Kenya.

I see Kenya as always wanting more, she wants an apology before they can talk, she wants her mom to attend the Kenya family reunion.  Maybe the right thing, in Patricia eyes, is not building up Kenya's hope for any type of meaningful relationship or even conversation.  This is not a relationship that can be resolved with a single conversation.  I get the impression Kenya is demanding to know why.  Sometimes why can be the most difficult of all questions to answer.  Kenya is successful in many aspects of her life for always wanting more and she has yet to see success in many areas of her life because of the same.. 

I guess what makes this a difficult situation is Patricia was not allowed the closed adoption that many are allowed.  It seems to me the adults around her pushed her for a situation she had no desire to a party to.  From what I read way back when Patricia reached out, Kenya wanted an apology before they could converse.  Kenya may get one or the other but not both.  It is hard to see anyone suffer that type of rejection and at this point in her life Kenya may have to settle for something far more private than she imagined.

I don't think Patricia was unable to acknowledge Kenya, I just think she wouldn't.

And Patricia was allowed the closed adoption, she decided to give Kenya to Ronald's family and not make it a closed adoption.  The decision was her own and perhaps it wasn't the best decision, but she made it.

When your estranged mother shows up after you've won Miss USA and suddenly wants to "talk" after a lifetime of just looking through you as though you don't exist the timing is awful suspect.  I think we have all heard stories of errant parents who suddenly show up on the scene when there may be some fame/fortune to be had.  So I think asking for the apology was a way not to become a victim of that, and was not unreasonable.

And, after the way Patricia treated Kenya, there was no reason why she couldn't apologize.  The way she behaved was cruel and unnecessary, she should apologize for that.

I certainly didn't see Kenya as wanting her mother to attend the family reunion, and I didn't see anything in the episode to suggest she was pushing her mother to attend.  She may have sent invitations to everyone, because she said no one on her mothers side would attend, but I just see that as Kenya reaching out.  Did she mention in the episode that she had done anything to specifically get her mother to attend?

I think Kenya just wants some acknowledgment, and that has all she has ever said she has wanted, and without any proof to the contrary I wouldn't call that a lie.  I don't think Patricia is trying to "save" Kenya from anything, or is trying to be kind and merciful in any way.  Because the conversation, while painful, is not an impossible one to have.  So, if she wanted to be even human about it, she would have the conversation with Kenya.  And, I think its important to note that if Patricia was such a merciful human and wanted to "save" Kenya from the conversation, she wouldn't have offered to have it when Kenya won Miss USA.  If she was really trying to "save" Kenya from a conversation she would have never offered to have it at all.

I am starting to get the feeling that Patricia gets some kind of sick satisfaction if not pleasure from constantly rejecting Kenya.  

Agree

• Love 10

Actually, funny enough my son had a Den meeting for cub scouts before I saw the episode and something similar happened. We had a guest speaker who work with a charity that builds orphanages in Africa and was talking about how people can help and raising awareness etc. etc. and pretty much started it off with statics surrounding how many children die every day around the world. I was like What in the World?! And he didn't stop there he kept asking them to guess how many died everyday in the US. There were boys saying 1,200 and him shaking his head saying higher, and the boys kept throwing numbers out and the he kept saying higher. I mean REALLY?! This went on way longer than it needed to and I went from being annoyed and slightly angry to LIVID cause he wouldn't move on from this detail. Wow! That's not something my son is comfortable with. He looked a bit uncomfortable and glanced at me but then he made the face I know all to well that meant he was just swallowing the discomfort he was feeling and my heart sank. That's some grown up stuff to unload on a boy just like that. I mean damn. We talk about letting children be children but then think it's okay to blast them with these sort of realities cause, well it's for a good cause?? But God Forbid you let it slip that your marriage is in shambles or you bad talk a parent or show that you're human by arguing with your spouse. Oh no you're stealing their innocence and ruining their carefree moments to just be kids but yeah imma throw these real world problems on YOUR child'slap, which they are unprepared and it's A OK. Well not in my book.. It's just sickening the liberties some take when determining what should and shouldn't be okay or what should and shouldn't been a necessity for someone elses child to hear or know but are quick to condemn what a parent deems is okay or not okay for their own child. Like Really? Backwards.

I understand what you're saying, but I came from an era where the world's problems just weren't hidden from children, no matter what the age.  I remember sitting in my school's cafeteria at age 7 where they wheeled in a television set and made us sit and watch the news footage of the assassination of President Kennedy.  I also remember watching the footage of Lee Harvey Oswald being murdered right on nationwide tv.  At 12, the same agenda was used when Dr. King was assassinated and I remember watching over and over the footage of Bobby Kennedy being killed.  But this was also the age where a courageous little 6 year old black girl was led up the steps of an all white school with national guardsmen at her side because of the danger she was in.  Children participated in the boycotts and marches in Alabama in the 60's and some actually were thrown in jail.  I knew from a very young age that there were people out there that didn't like me because of my skin color.  It wasn't something that parents hid from their kids back then because we needed to know how to deal with those people on a daily basis and how to protect ourselves in certain situations.  It just goes to show how times have changed. 

From lipstick alley.   This is supposedly Patricia Moore.

I don't know.  To me, that looks like a picture of Kenya that someone photoshopped.

I agree with you on this Zoeysmom.  Look at the way Kenya treated her relationship with Walter.  It wasn't enough to just be dating, she had to try to turn it into an engagement.  She doesn't leave any room for slow cultivation when it comes to relationships.  I can see her doing the same thing with Patricia.  She wants what she wants and she wants it now and she wants to always be the one calling the shots.  I agree that a single conversation between them would never be enough for Kenya.  She wants her mother to be a mother and Patricia just isn't a mother.  She gave birth, but she has never been a mother.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

I understand what you're saying, but I came from an era where the world's problems just weren't hidden from children, no matter what the age.  I remember sitting in my school's cafeteria at age 7 where they wheeled in a television set and made us sit and watch the news footage of the assassination of President Kennedy.  I also remember watching the footage of Lee Harvey Oswald being murdered right on nationwide tv.  At 12, the same agenda was used when Dr. King was assassinated and I remember watching over and over the footage of Bobby Kennedy being killed.  But this was also the age where a courageous little 6 year old black girl was led up the steps of an all white school with national guardsmen at her side because of the danger she was in.  Children participated in the boycotts and marches in Alabama in the 60's and some actually were thrown in jail.  I knew from a very young age that there were people out there that didn't like me because of my skin color.  It wasn't something that parents hid from their kids back then because we needed to know how to deal with those people on a daily basis and how to protect ourselves in certain situations.  It just goes to show how times have changed. 

They have changed. But regardless the message was handled by responsible adults and discussed in those forums not just a random comment of such magnitude with nothing to follow. With no intent to speak TO the children and address those words with followup discussion in terms that they could understand and participate in. I mean unless they showed you the footage then turned of the TV and proceeded to serve lunch without further discussion which I can't imagine happened. At the end of the day, that's something that should be decided and delivered by either the parent or a responsible adult in the childs life and not dropped as some ugly bomb.  I found it very irresponsible and disrespectful as well as in bad taste. Just because it's a necessity doesn't mean there can't be a calculated approach. We handle many of life's happenings with care when introducing them to our children. For example,  we don't just sit our children down and say well, daddy sticks his penis into mommy's vagina and moves back and forth for a while and that's where babies come from and we sure as hell wouldn't expect it to be presented LIKE THAT from sex ed PROFESSIONALS discussing human reproduction. LOL!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I don't know.  To me, that looks like a picture of Kenya that someone photoshopped.

I don't either but here's a March 2015 tweet from Kenya in which she includes a screenshot inset of the same image.   I figure as vocal as Patricia's defenders have been, if this wasn't her, somebody would've said so by now.   Then, to your point, there seems to be a startling resemblance.

https://twitter.com/Real_Housewives/status/581991921960120320/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

• Love 2

I don't either but here's a March 2015 tweet from Kenya in which she includes a screenshot inset of the same image. I figure as vocal as Patricia's defenders have been, if this wasn't her, somebody would've said so by now. Then, to your point, there seems to be a startling resemblance.

https://twitter.com/Real_Housewives/status/581991921960120320/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

ROFL I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be rude, but I was wondering if that was a real picture too. It looks like one of those facial recreations of some million year old woman they found in Peru but like, they took her to get a Dominican blow out or something first.
  • Love 4

ROFL I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be rude, but I was wondering if that was a real picture too. It looks like one of those facial recreations of some million year old woman they found in Peru but like, they took her to get a Dominican blow out or something first.

::OfficerByrdvoice::   please be seated.

Ya'll know I'm not internet savy.  If photoshop will let you do this, praise be, we've come a long way.   The thing that would make me inclined to believe it is that Kenya herself used it.

• Love 2

Cynthia deserves Cheater, err, Peter.

Is this the last we're going to hear about Kenya and her bio-mom? I'm getting tired of watching Kenya bemoan her childhood trauma.

I agree. Kenya keeps talking about her child not being treated the same way. If she doesn't move on, menopause will arrive before any child. It was wrong of her to take cameras to her mom's home.

I thought Kim acted rude. I'm not sure why she even attended. Her hotel room looked to be a disgusting mess when she left. I just can't with her hair.

I thought Phaedra looked lovely at the events.

In the opening scene, is that supposed to be Kandi in the very front?

• Love 2

With Kim I don't think it's an unreasonable discussion to have with your kids - black kids of all ages get sent to the special needs class, detention, etc all the time at a greater rate than their classmates, and those experiences can build up the frustration without anyone ever telling them to be frustrated - but the talk has to be pitched to their level. If Kim thought that her son isn't ready, she probably knows. Even though she is indeed super uptight on every trip, lol.

Todd and Kandi's hair discussion was hilarious! I thought his anti-perm stance might be a natural hair black pride thing, but then I remembered him fussing about Kandi wearing her bonnet to bed and me yelling "don't marry a black woman then!" at the tv. Hee. You married someone who doesn't naturally have long, flowing, hair commercial hair at all time, shut up and deal with the accoutrements.

So then I was on board with Kandi rolling her eyes at him. Not on board with this attempted rehabbing of Mama Joyce's image - wtf.

Edited by innocuouspuff
  • Love 4

Loved NeNe sitting like a Queen on her throne, accepting Cynthia’s boot kissing... not realizing she was busting out of her buttons.  Ha!

Why was Kenya mad at her aunt? What did she want the woman to do? Don't people understand that you can't force anybody to do anything?

I think it’s residual anger from childhood, capped off by Lori once more choosing Kenya’s mother over Kenya (by leaving the reunion at Patricia’s behest).  I do agree that Kenya’s publicizing family internal business riled Lori, but she’s not free of guilt in this situation which has been brewing for 40-something years. 

As much as I like (what we’ve seen of) Lori prior to this season, permitting anybody (even a loved family member) to emotionally abuse a child in your presence is child abuse.  And I wish she’d see/admit it. 

They had the care and keeping of that child. I’m sure they loved her.  And they apparently continually put her in the presence of somebody who would talk to everybody else in the room/at the dinner table except her.  A woman she was aware was her own mother.

How many people would tolerate their spouse being ignored like that by a sibling/parent?  Not many – at some point you say “you know, no matter how much I love you, if you can’t be civil to my loved one, you’re not invited.”  Exponentially so if it’s a kid! 

Until this episode I thought her mother was somebody who was in the periphery, someone her aunt and other relatives kept up with, but who wanted nothing to do with her.  When I found out she was still in the bosom of the family, present at family occasions, and they expected a baby CHILD to suck it up around her?  My blood boiled.

Maybe Lori feels bad about it now.  If so, an apology would work.  “You know, Kenya, we were wrong.  We thought keeping the relationship up with your mother might eventually result in some kind of resolution.  We didn’t realize the damage we were doing.”  SOMEthing.  But even now she’s laying the blame at Kenya’s feet.  “You don’t know what we said to her in private.”

What you SHOULD have said to her in private is “You’re invited for Christmas, but you’d better have a present for that child and a smile on your face or you can find another place to spend Easter.”

And if she’s bipolar or otherwise challenged, you love her and keep her connected with family members outside the child’s presence.  And if that means taking her out to dinner on Christmas eve instead of Christmas dinner at the house, so be it.

Kenya’s emotion was real in that scene – she’s still fighting for the little girl she used to be.  Against one of the adults who was yet again telling her that only the OTHER person’s needs needed to be respected. It put a LOT of her behavior into perspective for me.  The people who were supposed to put her first never did, and she's been fighting for a place ever since. Doesn't excuse her behavior, but explains a lot of it.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 20

I'm a graphic designer and I don't think it's Photoshopped. With all the watermarks it's odd enough as is. I Googled and found another photo of her mother, a little heavier, different hairstyle. It's the same woman. I think it's legit.

I can't remember, but didn't Gregg used to have gray hair?

• Love 1

I'm a graphic designer and I don't think it's Photoshopped. With all the watermarks it's odd enough as is. I Googled and found another photo of her mother, a little heavier, different hairstyle. It's the same woman. I think it's legit.

I can't remember, but didn't Gregg used to have gray hair?

I think I found the photo you mentioned.  It looks more like a real person.  In the other photo, the face just looked so doughy and fake.  This one looks better and I do see a very strong resemblance to Kenya.   

I take it I've done something wrong again.  :-(

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

I think I found the photo you mentioned.  It looks more like a real person.  In the other photo, the face just looked so doughy and fake.  This one looks better and I do see a very strong resemblance to Kenya.   

I take it I've done something wrong again.  :-(

Something's up because I've never been able to see the picture you're posting.

I mean exactly. Only a parent knows when their child is ready to actually understand and grasp the message and work through whatever emotions it may bring up. This whole age thing, or old enough thing gets to me. Yes it's unfortunate how young recent victims have been but that doesn't magically make an 8 year old ready to understand what they need to understand and presenting this message to any child before they are capable of working through the logic and fear of this reality serves no good purpose. My son is 7 and he's sensitive and doesn't process as well or as quickly as I would like. He goes to speech therapy and has done well but his communication is slightly lacking and his processing isn't as mature as I would like. I've been assured that it will all come in time and that in the overall scheme of things he will be just fine but he's not able to really confide in me what he's feeling as fluently as the average 7 year old and I usually present important information to him clearly and throughly so that I'm sure understands since I can't count on him to come to me with any confusions or questions about his interpretation of things. He understands quite well but I can't count on him come to me with any misconceptions for clarity. It's like he pretty much takes things at face value and if something doesn't sit right then instead of analyzing or turning it around in his own head to reach a more acceptable conclusion he'll just internalize whatever doesn't make sense and deal with the ill will it creates with this oh well sentiment. That's why something as intense as that meeting would have been off putting to me as well since I know my son would have drank it in, probably had a reaction but would have just held onto it without really hashing out how bad it made him feel or how confused he was by it. It's not for anyone else to decide whether a child is ready to hear certain sad truths about the world. The world being unfair is still no excuse for outside factors to unnecessarily impose that information on children randomly and with reckless abandon.

Actually, funny enough my son had a Den meeting for cub scouts before I saw the episode and something similar happened. We had a guest speaker who work with a charity that builds orphanages in Africa and was talking about how people can help and raising awareness etc. etc. and pretty much started it off with statics surrounding how many children die every day around the world. I was like What in the World?! And he didn't stop there he kept asking them to guess how many died everyday in the US. There were boys saying 1,200 and him shaking his head saying higher, and the boys kept throwing numbers out and the he kept saying higher. I mean REALLY?! This went on way longer than it needed to and I went from being annoyed and slightly angry to LIVID cause he wouldn't move on from this detail. Wow! That's not something my son is comfortable with. He looked a bit uncomfortable and glanced at me but then he made the face I know all to well that meant he was just swallowing the discomfort he was feeling and my heart sank. That's some grown up stuff to unload on a boy just like that. I mean damn. We talk about letting children be children but then think it's okay to blast them with these sort of realities cause, well it's for a good cause?? But God Forbid you let it slip that your marriage is in shambles or you bad talk a parent or show that you're human by arguing with your spouse. Oh no you're stealing their innocence and ruining their carefree moments to just be kids but yeah imma throw these real world problems on YOUR child'slap, which they are unprepared and it's A OK. Well not in my book.. It's just sickening the liberties some take when determining what should and shouldn't be okay or what should and shouldn't been a necessity for someone elses child to hear or know but are quick to condemn what a parent deems is okay or not okay for their own child. Like Really? Backwards.

Well said and so very true. Even in general, boys' language abilities lag behind those of girls, never mind the spectrum of language and conceptual disorders children may suffer from.

You are so right that parents are the ones who are in the only position to decide when key information should be imparted.

• Love 2

I thought he worked in the Theatre. Anyways this is where Kim having friends or relationships with family come into play. She goes on about how important her church is to her but she has no connections from there? Don't get along with none of her neighbors?

This doesn't really surprise me because she cries at the drop of a hat and gets very smug and critical. I hated that scornful voice and laugh she made in the phone to her husband when she said "I'm here ...on my GIRLS trip." Like it and they are so beneath her and stupid. Or how out of the gate she was critiquing the women's attire and dancing. And she felt entitled to do so.

Yes! I'm not sure if Kim got started as a child-star, but its like she expects everything to be about her and catered to her.

It seems like instead of deciding whether an event is appropriate for her, its more important for her to go and shake her head, wag her finger, and show her distaste. If it ain't about hovering over her children and husband, then its not up Kim's alley. Which is fine, but very boring for the viewers.

I believe her to be judgmental, and she's made no effort to get to know the other women (who she probably believes are beneath her). Even when Sheree went and checked on Kim on the bus, Kim wasn't happy someone cared enough to check on her, she was more interested in her "this is inappropriate" mode.

IA that every parent has the right to decide when their children are ready for certain messages. Unfortunately, some children will never get those important messages at home- at any age. (Think parents that don't give safe sex talks.)

Why WAS Porsha at the meeting with the congresswoman? To remind us of her background? That didn't seem like a Porsha event to attend!

• Love 3

Yes! I'm not sure if Kim got started as a child-star, but its like she expects everything to be about her and catered to her.

It seems like instead of deciding whether an event is appropriate for her, its more important for her to go and shake her head, wag her finger, and show her distaste. If it ain't about hovering over her children and husband, then its not up Kim's alley. Which is fine, but very boring for the viewers.

I believe her to be judgmental, and she's made no effort to get to know the other women (who she probably believes are beneath her). Even when Sheree went and checked on Kim on the bus, Kim wasn't happy someone cared enough to check on her, she was more interested in her "this is inappropriate" mode.

She seemed frazzled and frustrated to me because she had to take care of two small children.  And she wants to put on a judgmental tone for those who have "help," but maybe if she had thought to have a little help she wouldn't be so frazzled and frustrated.  And she could have made a better decision about her hair.  I don't like Phaedra, but if you're bringing two small children out on your own, it should probably be to places that are primarily for children.  If not, you should probably consider getting help, or leaving them at home.  But if you're going to take two small children out on a full day that requires fancy clothes you probably should have considered getting help.  

• Love 4

Why WAS Porsha at the meeting with the congresswoman? To remind us of her background? That didn't seem like a Porsha event to attend!

I think the powers that be just wanted another opportunity to play the infamous "Underground Railroad" clip.  lol

Kim has seemed like a fish out of water this whole season.  I don't understand it since she's been in the business for many years and should be accustomed to the nightlife as well as being around people who are superficial and shallow.  She doesn't seem to be able to adapt to anyone not in her little carpool circle.  I can almost understand her not having a nanny if she's having financial problems, but I'm sure she should have been able to find a babysitter within her carpool circle who could have kept the 2 year old while she traveled to DC.  I'm thinking that she's just one of those over protective mothers who doesn't trust anyone else to take care of her kids.  I read an article where she called Quincy her "miracle baby", so I guess I can understand her being that way.  I highly doubt she's going to be part of the cast next season. 

• Love 4

ITA with everyone who questioned why Kim even WENT on this trip, considering she dragged her boys along and then got grouchy when she found out there were "adult events" that seemed inappropriate for kids.  What REALLY made me scratch my head was the whole attendance at the MMM.  It looked like she took the boys on the whole walk to where the rest of the group was, and then said, "CYA!" and left.  WTF?? 

Kinda thought it was hilarious Phaedra kept dropping "my friends in the Obama administration" and "cream of the crop politicians" and some other over the top descriptions of the people at her luncheon.  She is SUCH a patooty! Seriously.  It makes me laugh at her tagline about "God is the only one who can judge me and HE SEEMS QUITE IMPRESSED" or some such nonsense.  Really, Phaedra?? God sent you a voicemail that said he's impressed by your tomfoolery? OK.....

And on to poor widdle Kenya.  I think she has a LOT of vitriol pointed in Kim's direction and I can't quite get it.  Only thing I can come up with is the whole "Life Twirls On" stuff.  I think when she brought Kim onto the show, she thought it would elevate her "Producer, Director, Actor" portion of her business and it didn't work out the way she thought. And as for her storyline this season re: family crapola... Stop. Just stop. Let it go. Go see Dr. Jeff or better yet, go see somebody we DON"T know and do it on your own time without a camera crew.  Like, actually GET SOME COUNSELING.  Just a thought.

• Love 4

Kinda thought it was hilarious Phaedra kept dropping "my friends in the Obama administration" and "cream of the crop politicians" and some other over the top descriptions of the people at her luncheon.  She is SUCH a patooty! Seriously.  It makes me laugh at her tagline about "God is the only one who can judge me and HE SEEMS QUITE IMPRESSED" or some such nonsense.  Really, Phaedra?? God sent you a voicemail that said he's impressed by your tomfoolery? OK.....

I think Porsha was there b/c Phaedra, much like her name-dropping, wanted to give her vanity charity legitimacy. OK, and TPTB told her Porsha was going with her.

ITA with everyone who questioned why Kim even WENT on this trip, considering she dragged her boys along and then got grouchy when she found out there were "adult events" that seemed inappropriate for kids.  What REALLY made me scratch my head was the whole attendance at the MMM.  It looked like she took the boys on the whole walk to where the rest of the group was, and then said, "CYA!" and left.  WTF?? 

I think Kim left for several reasons (choose one or more):

1. She expected to spend more time sight-seeing (assuming that footage wasn't included).
  2. She was not happy about discovering they were meeting race pimps and hate mongers and didn't want to be associated with them.
  3. She reached the final straw with the "people hate black boys" comment.
  4. Her comment about the "adult events" was about the rally they attended and placed out of context. I suspect the BlackLiesMatter and MillionManMarch rallies had a lot of profanity and things inappropriate for children, if my experience is accurate.
  • Love 4

Kim keeps saying she has two small children. Sebastian is 8 1/2, right? 8 1/2 is not a small child. I was babysitting by the time I was 9. At 8 1/2 Sebastian should be able to help mom with Quincy. And yes, I know he's a boy and that Kim and her husband are probably into keeping within gender roles where the girls take care of everyone and the boys stand around and be cute, but it's 2016. Time for Sebastian to help out. Then maybe Kim won't be crying every five seconds or complaining about how hard everything is. 

/end rant

And I don't even mind Kim. 

• Love 5

Kim keeps saying she has two small children. Sebastian is 8 1/2, right? 8 1/2 is not a small child. I was babysitting by the time I was 9. At 8 1/2 Sebastian should be able to help mom with Quincy. And yes, I know he's a boy and that Kim and her husband are probably into keeping within gender roles where the girls take care of everyone and the boys stand around and be cute, but it's 2016. Time for Sebastian to help out. Then maybe Kim won't be crying every five seconds or complaining about how hard everything is.

/end rant

And I don't even mind Kim.

IMO 8 1/2 is a small child. Can he help Kim out, sure. Something along the lines of... "run and get your brother's apple juice" , "play with your little brother while I see who is at the door. " that's helping imo. And, I can see Kim asking her son those things. I have no idea what kim's idea of gender roles? I might of missed her discussing them.

"Take your little brother while he's throwing a fit, while I have a meeting." this, imo, is a bad idea. An 8/9 year old is not responsible or equipped enough to calm a toddler throwing a temper tantrum. It's unfair to make a child feel they are required to help raise their siblings. Does it happen? Of course. Do people survive? Yes. It's just not needed in this case. Kim seems to love to complain and can certainly afford help. And, I don't see anything wrong with having help. If Kim and her husband can't handle 2 small children they should hire help. I think they just like to say "we're hands on parents, we don't have help."

I do see your point though, I just have a different take on it.

Sorry, just realized this wasn't kim's thread, OH well. :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

Sebastian is spoiled. I mean he's a normal kid but the fact that he felt comfortable verbalizing all those complaints tells me he's allowed to get away with that at home.

Very true. This made me sad. It emphasized everything you are saying, AND, imho, it showed that Kim's is not a home where politics, current events, and important topics are discussed. I realize that Sebastian is only eight; however, I believe that if one hopes to rear a responsible, intelligent, socially-conscientious citizen, one would be eternally grateful for an opportunity like a luncheon with congressmen and congresswomen. Most people will never have an opportunity like that. I don't think she should have dragged the poor little baby along with her, but Sebastian is a perfect age for something like this. Just the fact that he was allowed to bark, "Stupid Congress," or whatever he said, let me know that the intellectual level in the home is low...not to mention the manners level. He's being set up for a life where teachers and others will have low expectations for him because A. He seems to have ZERO intellectual curiosity and B. He seems unable to control himself unless he's doing what he wants to do. That's a shame. He contrasts sharply with Ayden, and  I fear this contrast will last lonnnnng into adulthood. Sad.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 3

I think the powers that be just wanted another opportunity to play the infamous "Underground Railroad" clip.  lol

Yes--and it should be played every episode until her grandfather, who contributed so much and LITERALLY played a major role in CHANGING this country, stops spinning in his grave. A nasty, silly nitwit who proclaims herself, "The Queen of Thotland" doesn't know what the average second grader knows --after her grandfather courageously RISKED. HIS. LIFE. to provide her the opportunities he never had. Revolting.

• Love 2

Sebastian is almost 9 years old, and is old enough to know how to act right in public. I'm sure Ayden & Dylan didn't want to be there but they had a bowl of Act Right before going out in public. I'm sure Malia & Sasha have been to many rallies, functions, events etc they didn't want to be at but you know Michelle told them they BET.NOT. embarrass her or their father in public. Life is not all fun & games. Sometimes you gave to be places you don't want to go to. A 20 month old getting cranky is understandable but a 9 year talmbout he don't wanna be around no stupid congressmen...while in the presence of said congressmen...is unacceptable.

I thought he said it to his mom in private, I didn't think he said it where anybody else can hear him. I wasn't paying full attention though.

What does "talmbout" mean?

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Nope. That whole movement is based on lies. We've seen how it's all shaken out since this ep aired.

I kind of want to ask you to clarify what about the BlackLivesMatter movement was based on lies, but I think I'd just get annoyed with whatever you told me.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

I kind of want to ask you to clarify what about the BlackLivesMatter movement was based on lies, but I think I'd just get annoyed with whatever you told me.

Which is why I skated right on by.

• Love 2

I live in Chicago and if ever there was a time for this movement and for people to be woke it's now. I honestly feel like we are existing in a Ray Bradbury or Kurt Vonnegut novel come to life and it's scary shit. 

• Love 1
On 01/20/2016 at 8:16 AM, Yours Truly said:

They have changed. But regardless the message was handled by responsible adults and discussed in those forums not just a random comment of such magnitude with nothing to follow. With no intent to speak TO the children and address those words with followup discussion in terms that they could understand and participate in. I mean unless they showed you the footage then turned of the TV and proceeded to serve lunch without further discussion which I can't imagine happened. At the end of the day, that's something that should be decided and delivered by either the parent or a responsible adult in the childs life and not dropped as some ugly bomb.  I found it very irresponsible and disrespectful as well as in bad taste. Just because it's a necessity doesn't mean there can't be a calculated approach. We handle many of life's happenings with care when introducing them to our children. For example,  we don't just sit our children down and say well, daddy sticks his penis into mommy's vagina and moves back and forth for a while and that's where babies come from and we sure as hell wouldn't expect it to be presented LIKE THAT from sex ed PROFESSIONALS discussing human reproduction. LOL!

I definitely agree wholeheartedly with what you've said. That is the responsible way of dealing with such things in regard to children. I've had discussions elsewhere on the internet about people's experience  as children with President Kennedy's death and no one before has described being sat in front of a tv at school.

I was in high school when President Kennedy was shot, and I can't imagine what sort of school would sit 7 year olds in front of a tv and have them watch the frank and shocking scenes that were shown on television. Our school had a solemn announcement and dismissed us. Even at our age, everyone  was in profound shock. I watched the footage mostly with my dad and was glad to have him with me. There were plenty of tears that day. Thankfully, we were not thrown to the wolves at such a traumatic time.

I definitely agreed with Kim that the proceedings were inappropriate for young children, most especially statements about no one liking black boys. I  can't imagine hearing such a comment at a tender age directed at my sex and race. I would have been devastated and  it would have made me feel unsafe, unloved and completely insecure abiut my olace in the world. That blanket, untrue statement was extremely irresponsible.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:24 AM, ThomasAAnderson said:

They are handcuffing black children as young as 6 who misbehave in school, so I don't think 8 is too young to prepare a black/brown boy for the realities of the world we live in. "Everybody hates you" is probably not the best approach to that conversation though--yikes!

Kenya revealed previously that her mother is bi-polar; I wonder if the cameras were overwhelming and she called Lori upset. Aunt Lori tried really hard not to break the fourth wall, but she was practically begging Kenya not to approach Patricia with cameras. I feel bad for Kenya but I have to wonder what the relationship was between her parents that her mother treats her this way. It's awful that a parent would treat a child like this, but it makes me wonder if Kenya is, unfairly, viewed as reminder of a bad relationship.

I would like to think Phaedra traded Bravo airing a visit to the prison for airtime for the grieving mothers.

Kenya also exhibits Bi-Polar, behavior,  she desperately needs medication. Her inability to maintain relationships is a sure sign of that . Not only boyfriends, but girlfriends as well. Kenya never remains friends with anyone for long.  I agree it's something about Kenya leaves a bad taste in her mother's mouth. I am feeling the same way about this situation. It's one thing not to want to establish a relationship with Kenya ,but to not have a conversation or even speak to her is really cruel. Even when the cameras aren't present , before Kenya was even a housewife, her mother refused to acknowledge her as a daughter. There is something  very wrong with this picture.  It was her mother's right to give her up for adoption if that's the choice she made, but to totally ignore her when in her presence is just really weird to me. The adults in the family are more interested in protecting Patricia than Kenya. As much as Kenya can work my last 'Darn Nerve" I still sympathize with her because I understand the pain when I see it.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1