Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

This is not an attempt to defend Erika, but if I believed she didn't know this wouldn't sway me to think otherwise. 

Of course I believe she knew or at the very least she's in 'kadooz' with Tom's lawyers. Just saying I don't think Tom seems like a reliable source in that clip. 

• Love 9
On 9/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, RealHousewife said:

I agree that the not into female friends should have been a huge red flag. The bs about all women hating gorgeous women is a pet peeve of mine as well. I'll be friends with anyone who's kind. My friend who's the biggest boy magnet is the one I trust the most. Plus, Erika is in fucking LA. It's a city full of gorgeous women. She could easily make friends as hot as her if she wanted to. I'm not saying jealousy doesn't exist. It obviously does, and we've seen it on the show time and time again. Many of us have experienced it ourselves for one reason or another. 

I know Denise wasn't well-liked on this show and the rumors about Heather Locklear, but she is a gorgeous woman who has lots of other gorgeous friends (Joanna Krupa, Carmen Electra, Krista Allen, just to name a few). 

One thing I've seen happen with some beautiful women is they get so used to having all the attention that they hate when there's someone else in the room they have to share it with. (The most beautiful woman I knew IRL was like this. She was sweet, but so jealous and insecure that she drives her poor husband crazy.) I understood why Erika was somewhat leery with Vanderpump, but her treatment of her was pretty OTT for someone who hadn't been wronged by her. Maybe she was jealous that Vanderpump is not only beautiful, but she has so much else going for her. There are lots of blonde bombshells in Hollywood, but someone who's smart, charming, funny, successful and happens to have looks on top of it is still pretty rare. 

I never got the sense that Erika was jealous of LVP over her looks or success, but rather I saw it as that she saw LVP as competition for the fanbase she catered to - the gay community. No secret that LVP had/has (?) a huge gay following, bordering on becoming a gay icon and a huge proponent of LBGTQ rights.  Erika as her alter ego, Erika Jayne's niche was touring at gay clubs and events. I just think she felt she was in competition with LVP about being a fave of that particular fanbase. 

I watched the recent Tom video. That was such a vague question. The reporter just asked if Erika knew. Knew what? I don't buy the dementia story and think it is a tactic to avoid criminal prosecution but that video doesn't really holds water and will be easily refuted. 

BTW, he does look like he has aged 10-15 years, but I have no doubt finally being caught did that.

• Useful 7
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I never got the sense that Erika was jealous of LVP over her looks or success, but rather I saw it as that she saw LVP as competition for the fanbase she catered to - the gay community. No secret that LVP had/has (?) a huge gay following, bordering on becoming a gay icon and a huge proponent of LBGTQ rights.  Erika as her alter ego, Erika Jayne's niche was touring at gay clubs and events. I just think she felt she was in competition with LVP about being a fave of that particular fanbase. 

I watched the recent Tom video. That was such a vague question. The reporter just asked if Erika knew. Knew what? I don't buy the dementia story and think it is a tactic to avoid criminal prosecution but that video doesn't really holds water and will be easily refuted. 

BTW, he does look like he has aged 10-15 years, but I have no doubt finally being caught did that.

That's an interesting take! I thought it was a combination of not trusting her and also being annoyed that Tom seem a little enamored of her. 

47 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Is it me or is her makeup harsh this year? 

Yes. Then again, everything about her is more harsh this year . . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She's on a budget. She could afford the glam fluffer or the blender on her team, but not both. Clearly, the blender had to go. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

That's an interesting take! I thought it was a combination of not trusting her and also being annoyed that Tom seem a little enamored of her. 

Yes. Then again, everything about her is more harsh this year . . . 

LVP has incredible social skills. I thought Erika was slightly insecure in this scene. 
Yes! But i couldn’t get over the harsh lip contour last night in some scenes. The way the colors aren’t very well blended it looks like photography makeup on screen. As if it was meant for still photography, black and white 

9 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

She's on a budget. She could afford the glam fluffer or the blender on her team, but not both. Clearly, the blender had to go. 

😂🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Financial problems are very common with a diagnosis of dementia- Tom Girardi had lots of balls in the air as his condition worsened. I believe Erika was likely concerned about Tom’s cognitive health for quite a while. Of course she knew he was a shrewd, callous businessman and was probably proud of his financial prowess no matter where the money came from. Now the gig is up and it’s time to pay the piper. She flaunted and wasted so much money. All she needs now is a cheap gaudy necklace that says “ Karma”. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I speculated in earlier posts that the law firm, Erika and perhaps Tom's family prevented anyone from knowing of Tom's declining cognition. After all, it would mean the end of the firm, or a drop in billables. The firm was supporting a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

But then the lawsuits blew open the story, leaving everyone without a plausible explanation for their behavior. They didn't have time to cover up and redirect adequately. Perhaps they hoped to somehow recover enough funds to replace stolen assets and ran out of time.

This kind of thing happens all the time with for-profit businesses when leadership is ill, indisposed, is suffering a tragedy, etc. The staff and families will do everything to cover as long as possible.

If Erika knew Tom was incompetent, why didn't she report it to the proper authorities or escalate her worries to people who would respond properly?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I speculated in earlier posts that the law firm, Erika and perhaps Tom's family prevented anyone from knowing of Tom's declining cognition. After all, it would mean the end of the firm, or a drop in billables. The firm was supporting a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

I don't know that it would have caused much of a drop in billables. A law firm especially the kind that works on class actions has a lot of people working behind the scenes that clients may never meet or work with regularly. However updates to clients may make mention of those other people or the work they have done. It's like an iceberg; 90% of it is below the surface. I doubt knowledge about Tom's condition would have caused much in the way of a decreased billable hours. Tom likely wasn't billing much or anything at all. He was a rainmaker.

Knowledge of Tom's condition may have caused the demise of the firm. Tom was the sole owner of Girardi-Keese. It doesn't sound like he did much succession planning. He also didn't do much in the way of cross-training, redundancy planning, or leadership development among the firm's employees. Even if Tom hadn't been a fucking criminal, the lack of planning for the future of the firm and his sole ownership would have sent the place into a tailspin. The firm would have been at the mercy of whoever managed to get that conservatorship. That's actually something insurmountable. The conservator could choose to close the firm or begin soliciting buyers. If the other attorneys wanted to buy Tom Girardi out, the conservator may not have to entertain that. Tom's obvious lack of succession planning coupled with his condition is the thing that could have destroyed the firm even if Tom hadn't been a crook.

3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

but the simple fact is his theft started way earlier than the TBI car accident or anything else.  The attempt to blame it all on dementia is a lie.

The dementia is largely a strategy to impede criminal prosecution because the conservatorship renders Tom presumptively incompetent to stand trial.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 9
  • Love 9

If Tom Girardi is faking dementia as a plan to minimize prosecution then he deserves an academy award. He is far too vain to allow himself to be viewed in such a light, and there are some things one cannot fake. I’ve been a nurse for over 35 years and have cared for many dementia patients- in my opinion he is not of sound mind. The entire situation is a mess, and sadly will probably not have a satisfactory outcome for anyone involved. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I'm not surprised Eileen is, kind of, defending her.

"I don't know if we can ever get it right on these trips."

-Truest words Erika has ever spoken.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

Ok I don't follow this as closely as many of you do, but my thoughts are:

He has been slipping mentally but they would have continued to cover for him and no one would have been any the wiser if things didn't seem to be falling apart at mega speed.

Now they are highlighting his confusion and playing it up. I think it's real, but I don't think it's to the extent that it is being shown.

Again, I don't know the details but if he was ok enough to moderate some in depth discussion and seemed to be fine with that, it's telling that within weeks of that, that he is now considered frail and incompetent.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, CSunshine76 said:

Damn, Tom looks awful. So frail. And I’m not convinced he had any idea what he was saying. Though I think he’s right…of course she knew. He just seems out of it.

Physical decline doesn’t necessarily always conflate to mental decline.

I can’t stand either of them, but good on Tom for fighting back and not taking the fall for this entire mess like Erika is bound and determined that he does. Screw that.

He will most likely be six feet under long before this is entirely adjudicated, which is definitely what this bitch is counting on. 

1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Ok I don't follow this as closely as many of you do, but my thoughts are:

He has been slipping mentally but they would have continued to cover for him and no one would have been any the wiser if things didn't seem to be falling apart at mega speed.

Now they are highlighting his confusion and playing it up. I think it's real, but I don't think it's to the extent that it is being shown.

Again, I don't know the details but if he was ok enough to moderate some in depth discussion and seemed to be fine with that, it's telling that within weeks of that, that he is now considered frail and incompetent.

It’s like people who fake mental illness in order to mount an insanity defense. As others here have said, that’s easily debunked by good attorneys and psychiatrists.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Spelling
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, endure said:

Because..you know, she's in PAIN all day, every damn day!

I think she's just a shopaholic. Always has been.  So if it's Target, TJ Maxx, the GoodWill or whatever, as long as she can BUY SHIT, she's a happy camper.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 10

Word on the street is that Erika's has a sugar daddy who is allegedly Wynn of the Vegas hotel stuff.

It is true that she had a recent lucrative paid promotional appearance in Vegas. All of the clubs pay "celebrities" to make appearances and it is a good source of income for reality "stars".

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, HunterHunted said:

I don't know that it would have caused much of a drop in billables. A law firm especially the kind that works on class actions has a lot of people working behind the scenes that clients may never meet or work with regularly. However updates to clients may make mention of those other people or the work they have done. It's like an iceberg; 90% of it is below the surface. I doubt knowledge about Tom's condition would have caused much in the way of a decreased billable hours. Tom likely wasn't billing much or anything at all. He was a rainmaker.

Knowledge of Tom's condition may have caused the demise of the firm. Tom was the sole owner of Girardi-Keese. It doesn't sound like he did much succession planning. He also didn't do much in the way of cross-training, redundancy planning, or leadership development among the firm's employees. Even if Tom hadn't been a fucking criminal, the lack of planning for the future of the firm and his sole ownership would have sent the place into a tailspin. The firm would have been at the mercy of whoever managed to get that conservatorship. That's actually something insurmountable. The conservator could choose to close the firm or begin soliciting buyers. If the other attorneys wanted to buy Tom Girardi out, the conservator may not have to entertain that. Tom's obvious lack of succession planning coupled with his condition is the thing that could have destroyed the firm even if Tom hadn't been a crook.

The dementia is largely a strategy to impede criminal prosecution because the conservatorship renders Tom presumptively incompetent to stand trial.

In my anecdotal experience it is kind of the opposite and kind of the same.  I am a plaintiff in a large coordinated settlement of hundreds of plaintiffs that settled out of court with an institution.  We're kind of like a class action but each person has their own case and own lawyers, although many of us have the same lawyers -- the lawyer representing me is representing over 200 of the cases.  The attorney I signed with is a rainmaker in these types of personal injury cases.  He's on TV, in documentaries, on the radio, in print, etc. In theory he's the lawyer representing me, all official memos and court docs have his name on them, my retainer agreement is with him.  I've never talked to the guy.  There's a young lawyer at the firm that does all of the day to day with all of the plaintiffs in this particular case.  She is my one point of contact with the firm.  The guy with the name is lead counsel for the entire coordinated group of several hundred cases and has done most of the heavy lifting during the contentious mediation and of course is the one speaking at the press conferences.  So one has to assume he's not doddering.  If he wasn't the external touchpoint he could totally be out to lunch and I wouldn't know -- literally, the only time I've heard my attorney of record talking about my case is on the news.  But it is only because I only interact with the behind the scenes folks that I wouldn't know.  My legal bill is mid six-figures, so it's not like it is a pittance.  I suppose if it was important to me to talk to the name or if I needed special handling I would get a phone call or a meeting.  I only ever email about the case for the most part.  I think I've talked to the lawyer I do talk to only twice on the phone, but there might have been another call or two I'm forgetting.  However, had it gotten to where I had to be deposed or even gone to court, I have 100% faith the name would have been by my side during that and that's what I signed with him for, he's ferocious.  I also wasn't counting on a global coordinated settlement situation when I filed my case, and the name is who I wanted negotiating on my behalf, it just worked out that he ended up negotiating on everyone's behalf. 

There's also a class action against the same defendants that has about 18k class members.  Most of the class members don't even know who the class attorneys are and have never spoken to anyone at all.  So for that 100% you could cover up doddering.  

I don't know if most of Tom's cases were classes or not.  Class action lawyers are totally the worst.  So probably they were 😆

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, amarante said:

Word on the street is that Erika's has a sugar daddy who is allegedly Wynn of the Vegas hotel stuff.

Steve Wynn? Poor guy already suffers from degenerative vision. What will she do next?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Steve Wynn? Poor guy already suffers from degenerative vision. What will she do next?

She'll take his black Amex and go shopping. Then if he loses all of his money, she'll whine that he was distant and controlling and she had to leave him. She has a pattern.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, amarante said:

It is true that she had a recent lucrative paid promotional appearance in Vegas. All of the clubs pay "celebrities" to make appearances and it is a good source of income for reality "stars".

These golddiggers never waste much time in finding a new mark, do they? Disgusting. If she’s getting income, I hope some of it is going toward a private nurse for Tom. Her concern for the man last week was truly heartwrenching. /sarcasm off

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

These golddiggers never waste much time in finding a new mark, do they? Disgusting. If she’s getting income, I hope some of it is going toward a private nurse for Tom. Her concern for the man last week was truly heartwrenching. /sarcasm off

Why not? 🤷‍♀️ It is all transactional to the, so it’s like applying for a new job for normal people. 

I find the dynamic of someone purchasing Erika to be more intriguing. Surely there are less vile, more beautiful, younger women to buy. 

• Love 18

Erika is an automoton. There is no fluidity to her movements or her speech. Even her dancing (snerk). She's just robotic and can cry on demand, depending on waterproof properties of her mascara.

Not sure why she could so easily find another relationship. She's attractive once you get past the bad makeup but that's all I can see. Certainly has no humanity.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, amarante said:

I obviously don’t know about the word on the street. My lazy searches lead me nowhere, can you point me to the word on the street.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I obviously don’t know about the word on the street. My lazy searches lead me nowhere, can you point me to the word on the street.

At this point, it is all blind items but I have read it several times on various sites. 

Whether it is Wynn or some other sugar daddy - who know -  but obviously someone is funding her current lifestyle because her BRAVO salary and her promotional side gigs wouldn't be enough. Her legal bills alone would be hundreds of thousands of dollars at this point and theoretically she left without anything.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, amarante said:

Why not? 🤷‍♀️ It is all transactional to the, so it’s like applying for a new job for normal people. 

I find the dynamic of someone purchasing Erika to be more intriguing. Surely there are less vile, more beautiful, younger women to buy. 

If a man just saw a picture of Erika, I'd get the interest. She has a beautiful face, porcelain skin, and a body that puts most women half her age to shame. But like you said, there are lots of beautiful women out there. Many of them are actually nice people.

Once you see her temper, how nasty she can be, how she spends money, and the fact she may owe many millions of dollars, who the hell would want to sign up for that?

The poon tang can't be that good. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

If a man just saw a picture of Erika, I'd get the interest. She has a beautiful face, porcelain skin, and a body that puts most women half her age to shame. But like you said, there are lots of beautiful women out there. Many of them are actually nice people.

Once you see her temper, how nasty she can be, how she spends money, and the fact she may owe many millions of dollars, who the hell would want to sign up for that?

The poon tang can't be that good. 

Erika looks good, but her personality is the negative. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I know men are more visual, but as a woman, I prefer an average, even ugly, sweet man over someone gorgeous and cruel any day. 

Looks open a lot of doors but there has to be some substance to keep you there. I can even see the ice Queen act appealing to men who like the chase but after that you need substance. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

Looks open a lot of doors but there has to be some substance to keep you there. I can even see the ice Queen act appealing to men who like the chase but after that you need substance. 

Yup. Even men who love beautiful women can get bored if someone is all looks. 

"Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.”

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8

I'm watching the ep of Erika performing at her LA show.

So, what I'm gathering is there are people who pay money to watch her lip sync to a prerecorded track. Does she even actually sing?

Edited by Surrealist
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, LemonSoda said:

She is not aging well. No wonder, but it’s her own damn fault. That, plus her disposition is meaner, which is also affecting her looks. She’s hardened. If you watched the marathon of her first season last week, I think you’ll see what I’m talking about. Even the tone of her voice has changed.

I think we’re seeing the true Erika Jayne — a nasty piece of work, especially now that she’s being held to account.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I'm watching the ep of Erika performing at her LA show.

So, what I'm gathering is there are people who pay money to watch her lip sync to a prerecorded track. Does she even actually sing?

From my understanding-and please correct me if I've got it wrong- it's looking like SHE paid to perform, instead of getting paid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, amarante said:

At this point, it is all blind items but I have read it several times on various sites. 

Whether it is Wynn or some other sugar daddy - who know -  but obviously someone is funding her current lifestyle because her BRAVO salary and her promotional side gigs wouldn't be enough. Her legal bills alone would be hundreds of thousands of dollars at this point and theoretically she left without anything.

Exactly.  Rinna said that she asked Erika how she funded her move, living etc. and Erika refused to discuss it with Rinna.  It was reported she put about $100K on the Amex in the month or two before she left but that wouldn't explain ongoing expenses.  Someone is paying her bills. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

From my understanding-and please correct me if I've got it wrong- it's looking like SHE paid to perform, instead of getting paid.

Yes.  It was a money pit.  Oh tickets were probably sold but her shows weren't even breaking even much less a profit.  That's why they (her and Tom) were about to fold it up the year before she got RHOBH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Listening to Ben and Ronnie roast Erika on Watch What Crappens. They nail it — and her. Comedy gold. 😅 Especially their takes on Tom’s injuries.

EDIT: They make an excellent point: Erika is held to a much lower standard of accountability than Garcelle and Sutton combined.

Yes x1,000. It’s like there is an ass-kissing contest among the women for Erika’s approval. And had anybody noticed how quick they are — especially Dorit — to speak on Erika’s behalf? She needs NO help on that score.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Listening to Ben and Ronnie roast Erika on Watch What Crappens. They nail it — and her. Comedy gold. 😅 Especially their takes on Tom’s injuries.

Who are Ben and Ronnie? I only watch various housewives and Southern Charm, so assuming these are other BRAVO stars?

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, chlban said:

Who are Ben and Ronnie? I only watch various housewives and Southern Charm, so assuming these are other BRAVO stars?

They are podcasters who host Watch What Crappens. They can be hilarious — they skewer most Bravo shows and Bravolebrities and they do pretty good voice imitations of the women. But they have a lot good insights.

Apologies for the vague reference!

• Love 10