Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E14: Lie, Cheat, And Steal / S31.E15: Live Reunion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Jeremy's only immunity, like The Reporters in this season's Amazing Race only winning leg, came at the only time that really mattered.  Brilliant performance with the jury.  Using the real truth to counter Kimmi's hissy fit was amazing.  The baby stuff was both heartfelt and at the same time, tactful.  Guy was brilliant at FTC.

Poor Original Kelly's attempt at a Season 1 self-referencing joke at  the final tribal council fell flat.  OTOH by saying "2" Jeremy accidentally gave a shout-out to Kelly's final standing from her season.

Keith, what part of Outwit, Outplay, Outlast do you find "cheesy"?  Kelley should have kept the fake herself.  She would have known how to flash it before the vote and mention Keith was going to be safe period.  She has enough moxie so she might just have passed it off if her wording sounded confident enough.  Keith's playing the game the "non-cheesy" way may well have cost Kelley the million.

The editing was pretty transparent all season and showed what would happen really clearly by mid-season if not before.  Jeremy always had the winner's edit from day one.  Then by mid-season we already were well into Kelley as the underdog that went further than expected.  And, of course, the Spencer grows up story arc ... when not regressing at late tribal councils. 

Probst definitely set-up Joe for a third season with his Boston Rob and Ozzie have more wins at some immunity whatever but they have been on more than you comment.  I don't care one way or the other about Joe so whatever.  If he comes back, fine.  If not, not.  But others I'd be fine with coming back are Kelley, Spencer, Abi and Jeff.  If they have a "winners only" season then Jeremy of course.

And next season they all start getting killed off for real.  Finally.  How long have I waited for "Survivor: Lord of the Flies"

Edited by green
  • Love 10

I kinda loved her question at final....it was surprising, to me anyway, and had a bit of a vibe of 'you want old school, I'll give you old school'!

I loved it too! I was expecting a total WTF question during tribal but I would never, never expect it from Wiggles. I would expect it from maybe, Joe or Kass. But not from her. That's why it was so great!

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5

The first TC was amazing, too bad the whole thing ended on a sob story.

Cranky, Part II:  Can they not contain that first show within its two-hour time slot?  I appreciate Jeff didn't showcase Boston Rob or any rando tweens from the audience, but still, "The Reunion Special" was almost a quarter over before we got around to the first question for the players.  (I love the reunion.  I'd gladly switch it around and make that the two-hour segment--there's never enough time.)

I hate that they can never end the first show in the 2 hour time slot, there's absolutely no reason for it, & I would rather hear from the players at the reunion.

• Love 7

My first thought was, "Jeremy swept the votes? Jeremy? He wasn't THAT good."

But he did play two immunity idols at perfect moments. They swung the game both times. And he held immunity at the end, which really made him seem like the leader of the final three. At best, I could only argue that Natasha and Spencer offered as much as Jeremy, but under no circumstances could I argue Jeremy was less deserving than those two.

Natasha was mostly ignored by the jury. I wonder if nearly drowning gave the perception that she was weak. Or perhaps she just wasn't liked very much. Her game was good, but it wasn't very memorable. She had no big moments like Jeremy had with the idols.

And Spencer...you can tell he's young. He is going to get smarter as he ages, but he still isn't entirely self-aware at crucial times. I was cringing when he repeated himself while imploring Jeremy to vote out Kelley.

I disliked Kimmi's sulking at the FTC. She was the biggest sore loser of the season. I also disliked Wigglesworth's flippant question. If you don't care and think it's cool not to care then how about you piss off and not sign up for the show? I HATE people who play a game of any sort with that "I don't really care!" attitude. Really obnoxious.

• Love 8

That tribal left a bad taste in my mouth. I know it was all following the various rules about immunity/drawing rocks etc. but it felt really poorly thought through and - dare I say it - unfair. I feel like if we're ever in that situation again it will be resolved differently. It totally explains both Kimmi's invisible edit and Keith's aww-shucks-lovable-dufus edit. 

IMO it also explains why they crammed all this into the finale. Jeff probably didn't want to spend a week answering questions about it, and at least this way it's just a footnote and not the focus of the episode. It did mean that everything else was super-rushed though - two(plus) hours of challenge-tribal-challenge-tribal-challenge-tribal-final tribal with very very little in between. And you knew that Jeremy was never going to take F4 to fire because there wasn't time. 

I was surprised Jeremy and Spencer didn't use that opportunity to get rid of Keith. Keith was a threat in the challenges whereas Kimmi was typically dead last. All it would have taken would be for Jeremy to say he wanted to vote out Kimmi and Spencer to say Tasha and Keith goes home

This would have been interesting but Keith wasn't immune so if they wanted him out over Kimmi they would have just voted for him in the first (or second, as it were) plase. Keith might have been a better move but they were so pissed at Kimmi they didn't care. 

IMO, this episode highlighted just how useless Tasha really ended up being this season. She barely figured in anything, including a tribal council where she was tied for having the most votes. Did she even speak during all of that? I know she didn't have to but to me it just highlighted that she was being dragged to the end. And I loved how her self-described 'subtle move' was having a pre-game alliance with Spencer and being in a game with lots of people from her original season, as though that was actually a move and not the result of producer selection and a public vote. She really started to grate on me this season (although I confess to never having been a fan). 

Good on Jeremy. He wasn't my favourite but he wasn't awful and he played a decent game. I'm surprised but pleased it was unanimous as Spencer bugged me too. He totally used the pregnancy reveal but so what? It wouldn't be the first time someone's used their circumstances outside the game as a reason for people to vote for them. It doesn't always work, and in this case I don't think it got him the win but it maybe made it unanimous. 

• Love 5

Count me in as being disappointed about the reunion show being cut so short.  I know it is a lost cause at this point, but this season especially, I would have loved to have had more time to talk about stuff.  Jeff said once it was actually something on CBS's end, that they didn't want to dedicate a whole hour to the reunion show and that he was just glad we were still able to have one.  I'd have to try and find the direct quote for that. 

• Love 4

I was surprised Jeremy and Spencer didn't use that opportunity to get rid of Keith. Keith was a threat in the challenges whereas Kimmi was typically dead last. All it would have taken would be for Jeremy to say he wanted to vote out Kimmi and Spencer to say Tasha and Keith goes home

Once it came time to target Kimmi, they were pretty much locked in on her.  Flipping the vote on Keith was a valid strategy but it would've made them look wishy washy.

I thought there were things in Jeremy's performance that stood out to me. He used Ciera's game statement to answer her question ( showing that he paid attention to the jurors,  he admitted his tribal actions were anger at  being duped by Kimmi ( Not blaming her for betraying him but complimenting her on her prowess while at the same time appearing humble to the jury).

To me to say that his kid reveal did anything other then move the few wavering votes to his side is to minimize how good Jeremy actually was. Hell even the kid reveal showed another part of his game in that he sat on that information for 39 days so that he wasn't a threat ( he spent his time in the game actually building a strategy in order to get to the end as opposed to using his unborn kid as currency).

• Love 16

For coming through to the end with a bunch of people who had tons of self-awareness as to how the game can and should be played (or at least should have had such self-awareness), I found Jeremy's efforts and win to be extremely interesting and well-deserved.  Particularly when I compare them all to their previous Survivor incarnations and the ones they exhibited this time around. 

I actually liked that Spencer got no votes as well, because I felt too many times he was pulled along by Jeremy.   Nothing factual so much as just how I felt at times.  Spencer did his part to get where he did.  But without Jeremy I don't think he would have.  The reverse however, Jeremy making it to the finals without Spencer I felt was still quite likely.

• Love 9

My reactions to the finale/reunion:

Despite all his talk, Spencer hardly changed a bit from his first season.  His threats to Jeremy at TC4 spoke volumes about that.  I've never found Spence a compelling person in Survivor.  Maybe it's his young age and relative lack of maturity.  

Keith drove me crazy when he nearly gave his position to Kimmi.  My very first thought was that this is the type of person who should never play Survivor.  (He could have avoided the whole drama by switching his vote the round earlier.)

Kelley was at her finest.  She nearly pulled off the impossible, and made it to finals, despite being down by a massive deficit at merge, and not going on a challenge run.  If

Jeremy had bought her fake idol ploy, the game may have changed 180 degrees: I like ball-master Keith's chances in that particular FIC, which could have led to fire, probably between Jeremy and Kelley.  If Kelley had made finals with Tasha and Keith, I think she wins in a runaway. 

I found Wigles' FTC question inane.  Same with her commentary.  That's not why she lost the first Survivor.

From what we saw, the jury didn't seem to take Tasha very seriously. 

A spectacularly good F4.  IMO the four best players of the season, in one of the best seasons I've ever seen. 

Jeremy, who played a great overall game, nearly got hoodwinked at both 5 and 6.  I was glad he did not, but also sad that Wentworth did now faced much steeper odds to reach FTC.  

Jeremy gave really good answers at FTC.  His final answer, to Kelley's question, was perfect timing to wrap up his overall fantastic season.

Best players  this year for me: Jeremy and Wentworth (not sure in which order).  Next best: Tasha and Spencer (also not sure the order).  

Great, great season.  s32 has a tall order to match it. 

• Love 6

So Stephen tweeted this tonight.

Stephen Fishbach ‏@stephenfishbach 34m34 minutes ago

If Jeremy boots Spencer - Wentworth wins

So, Spencer's over the top speech to Jeremy helped Jeremy win the million?

I am a bit skeptical of Fishbach's claim. Would at least 6 jurors have voted for Wentworth over Jeremy?

If it is true, it would mean Jeremy won more by default, based upon the jury disliking Spencer and Tasha, than through his own game play and popularity.

I wish Probst would have polled the jury about who they would have voted for if Wentworth instead of Spencer made the Final 3

• Love 2

There's the plug for Terry's family!  All donations from the auction go to the Danny Strong Foundation at Boston Children's Hospital.

That will hopefully help the family, as I know they are struggling financially. They have a GoFundMe type of thing set up to help pay the medical bills that insurance didn't cover. Must be astronomical.

Regarding Vytas, if he did indeed leave early and leak information, he's violating his non-disclosure contract. Hefty fine for doing that, he may have gone into hiding.

• Love 1

Because most people have already basically repeated what I would have said, I will offer one observation I saw during the last episode. What impressed me the most about Jeremy during that episode (and actually I thought during some of it, he played rather poorly, what with his inability to believe that Kimmi could possibly turn on him) was his cageyness during tribal councils. He played mostly every question from Jeff close to the vest. He was careful not to give anything away, not his emotions...nothing. The only time he showed his emotions was the Kimmi vote out discussion. However, this seemed to be exactly where Spencer faltered. He talked too much..,he said the wrong things...like most I started the episode feeling that I would have been fine with a Jeremy or a Spencer win, but by the end I was rooting for Jeremy.

And add me to those who loved Kelly's "question" during tribal. I laughed so hard at that - it seemed like the perfect cap to her season. Though I was unimpressed that Jeff did not go to either her or Kass at the reunion. Bleh.

• Love 3

Well!  I am very pleased with the outcome, though the last two tribals were disappointing.  Really the first one should have been more exciting than it was; unfortunately, it was just the wrong number of people and idols at the same time.  I doubt we'll ever see another such situation, so I'm not sweating it too much, but what a drag that there were no rocks to go to, just "Keith by default unless you agree on Kimmi".  I wonder what would have happened if Kelley or Keith had won immunity on that day.  It's too late for me to work out the various scenarios but I think it could really have shaken up that alliance even without any idol play.

Anyway after that I was really happy Kelley won immunity, then really happy she tried with the fake idol, and happy that the editors played it up to make it seem more exciting than it was.  Jeremy ensuring that he wouldn't get the blowback idol or no idol with his little silent signal to Keith was not only the funniest moment of the season but just a masterful play.  He pretty much set himself up perfectly, with just a little wave of his hands.  Really a symbol for his performance all season.

I'm passing out at my keyboard, it's almost 4am....anyway everyone but Tasha made me happy today.  Tasha, sorry gang, wasn't playing to win.  I don't know if she knew that or not, but she was just along for the ride.

Katesus7, on 16 Dec 2015 - 8:48 PM, said:

Especially when they seem to have no handle on actual strategy, or any kind of plan other than "Well, I need to win a shitload of challenges". I find Joe to be a Malcolm-lite, and I didn't like Malcolm all that much.

Have to stick up for my Survivor boyfriend for a minute.  Malcolm is not like Joe!  Joe has very little strategy, agreed, but Malcolm has lots!  Malcolm is mediocre at challenges, not dependent on winning them!  They don't play the same at all!  Anyway Malcolm is much funnier and cooler.  Y'all can have Joe, and leave Malcolm for me.

pennben, on 16 Dec 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

There was one thing that caught me off guard in the reunion.  When Stephen was talking about Joe being his JT, Jeremy literally broke in (and I think they had to turn his mike on) saying something to the effect of, "Stephen, it didn't matter, there was always someone else that was going to pop up to be your JT even after Joe left."  I was really surprised at that, I'm not sure what he was going for, but he seemed to be saying Stephen will always finish second.  Perhaps he was saying that he thought Stephen would always find another boogeyman and wouldn't see himself as the one to win?

Yeah that whole thing was weird....I don't know what Jeremy was really trying to say, but I have to believe he wasn't trying to be deliberately insulting. 

• Love 4

That last FTC question was something like: "Identify what it is you changed between your first season and your Survivor 'Second Chance'?" Spencer and Tasha were reasonably responsive, but Jeremy substituted going all verklempt about his wife and children and the new in utero. Effective gambit, apparently, but what, did he not love Val and the kids last time around? Is there someone for whom a million dollars wouldn't have a swell impact back on the homefront?

He PLAYED with Val the first time around and felt he never recovered after she left (day 1) because he had to go against her in a challenge. Everyone else at FTC remembered this. and the baby thing--he wa showing them how strategic he was in not talking about it, as opposed to saying vote for me because I have a family. As he said at the reunion, he knew it made him a target last time.

• Love 5

Boy, was I wrong about Kelley.  I liked her from the start and then was fed up with her at the tribal where Joe was voted out.  I should have gone with my original feeling because she was absolutely awesome.  She played a terrific game and kept her sense of humor throughout and never quit trying.  She was definitely the biggest threat to Jeremy and he made the right choice in keeping Spencer over her.  That said, I love Jeremy and was so happy to see him win in a unanimous vote.  He is a great guy, easy on the eyes and a fire fighter to boot!  This was a really fun season and I enjoyed last night's episode so much!  

• Love 11

That will hopefully help the family, as I know they are struggling financially. They have a GoFundMe type of thing set up to help pay the medical bills that insurance didn't cover. Must be astronomical.

Well, I know this is going to make me an ass, but if the DannyStrong fund benefits the family, rather than the research at the hospital, then I think it is terribly misleading to have presented it as a charitable donation to an institution researching ways to overcome childhood ailments as opposed to an ask for help for the family.  I truly can't believe that is what is going on here.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4

Yeah that whole thing was weird....I don't know what Jeremy was really trying to say, but I have to believe he wasn't trying to be deliberately insulting. 

I thought he was saying, if Joe left, you would switch your obsession to the next remaining strong male player, and then when he left, the strongest male remaining player - or strongest woman, he eventually added. It wasn't an insult, just a recognition of how obsessed Fish was with not being in the postion he was in with JT - and Fish seemed to agree, recognising the humor of it all.

• Love 16

Well, I know this is going to make me an ass, but if the DannyStrong fund benefits the family, rather than the research at the hospital, then I think it is terribly misleading to have presented it as a charitable donation to an institution researching ways to overcome childhood ailments as opposed to an ask for help for the family. I truly can't believe that is what is going on here.

I checked, the Danny Strong organization does indeed raise money for the hospital where Danny was treated.

The Danny Dietz fundraiser with YouCaring.com is for the family.

• Love 5

I think Spencer and Tasha deserve some credit.  Granted Jeremy had an idol, but they essentially saved the alliance and him by noticing Kimmi's move.  Jeremy didn't want to believe it, but they were right.  I think Jeremy gets a lot of credit for things that other people did or were more savvy to.  That said, Jeremy played a great game and had some good moments himself.

I didn't find Spencer being arrogant in those 2 tribal councils.  I thought the deal with Kimmi, it was good they made the statement of what they were going to do in order to see if they could get Kimmi to reverse her decision to go with the other 2.  As for telling Jeremy about choosing him over Kelley...it was a little over the top, but he was right.  Jeremy had much better chances with Spencer.  

Anyway, I have mixed feelings...I liked Jeremy okay, but am not completely sold on his game.  I wish the other 2 would have gotten some votes because I am left feeling he didn't deserve them all.  

• Love 11

I thought Jeremy was going to win heading into FTC.  I was convinced of it when he threw Kimmi's question back in her teeth.  Then when he brought up Val's pregnancy, you could see that Spencer was just as convinced.

Do you think Woo will casually mention from time to time that he got more votes at FTC than the SpenceBot?

• Love 3

I wonder 2 things....

First, if Kimmy, Kelly and Keith were more secretive about their discussions and not so out there where the others could see, would it have worked? Kelly would have played her idol and I think Jeremy would have kept his for the next tribal council. I think Kelly would have had a million dollars this morning if that happened.

Secondly, I wonder why Spencer blurted out all 3 were voting the same at the tribal council. What good did that do?

I think it hit Spencer like a ton of bricks....what was I thinking?? Why didn't I ever try to get Jeremy out?!

• Love 6

I think Kimmi may regret her performance at FTC, she came out looking like an ass, in my opinion. You can always tell who thinks they should have won, and are not taking any responsibility for their own mistakes.

Spencer had a wake-up call as well, I think he finally realized he was instrumental in handing Jeremy the win.

• Love 3

I'm still a little confused about the rock scenario because I thought that Jeff said when Paschal was voted off that was a mistake and he shouldn't have had to draw a rock, but then when Malcolm drew rocks everyone had to draw? I don't know, my memory is fuzzy on this but regardless I think the rock drawers should be the ones who got votes and the ones who didn't shouldn't be in danger, but I get why the show does it that way.

I wonder 2 things....

First, if Kimmy, Kelly and Keith were more secretive about their discussions and not so out there where the others could see, would it have worked? Kelly would have played her idol and I think Jeremy would have kept his for the next tribal council. I think Kelly would have had a million dollars this morning if that happened.

Secondly, I wonder why Spencer blurted out all 3 were voting the same at the tribal council. What good did that do?

I think it hit Spencer like a ton of bricks....what was I thinking?? Why didn't I ever try to get Jeremy out?!

I don't understand why Kimmi was being so obvious about it. Everyone knows that "let's get water together" is code for “let's strategize."

After Kelly and Kimmi had their talk on the hammock Kelly should have been the one to talk to Keith about the plan and Kimmi should have stayed glued to her alliance members.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 8

Well, Jeremy won. I can't say he doesn't at all deserve it. But I was really rooting for Spencer or Wentworth. I always like an underdog. I think it just comes down to preference. What kind of game you like to see played. Spencer won a crapload of challenges. Kelley even won more than Jeremy. They were both on the bottom several times and had to scramble to stay alive. Kelley, is obviously moot, as she didn't make it to final three. But I was frankly shocked that Spencer didn't garner a single vote. 

I guess you could say Jeremy's social game was stronger. He insulted himself to the point where he didn't have to scramble. Where he had 2 Idols, but never needed to play one for himself until the final 6. He was never even really considered a threat, despite being the biggest one in the game. I can't deny him that. It's just not the game I really like to see played. And, I'm not going to lie, I really felt like the unanimous vote was a sympathy vote. I mean, good one him for crying at final Tribal and revealing the pregnancy and everything - you gotta play what you got. I also thought it was really smart that he basically credited Ciera and her calls to action for why the game got so twisty and turny and exciting. But I was kind of disappointed in the jury for going for it. 

Although, I suppose Spencer might have just pissed them ALL off with his threat to Jeremy about turning the jury against him if he keeps Wentworth. That was definitely a desperate and presumptuous move. That was the old Spencer coming out. I still believe he has changed the most, out of any of these Second Chancers. But no one is perfect and in that moment he became incredibly paranoid and insecure and let himself freak out. Oh well, I still think he did a lot better this time. 

And Andrew Motherfucking Savage is the last person who should be schooling others on arrogance. 

Really, I'm just sad it's over. This was seriously one of the best seasons ever. That final six Tribal was nothing but amazing. No votes. No legit votes!!! What on earth??? And I'm still not even sure how the rules work. I thought a tie resulted in drawing rocks. Whatever happened to just making fire? I really am not sure how Keith ended up being on the block, and I was screaming "NO!!!" when he was all but offering to #gotothehouse for Kimmi. I knew he wasn't likely to win, but I just need more Keith in my life. Him and his ball savviness. I mean, heck. 

Anyhow, I'm just kind of voicing my thought aloud here, and surely not making much sense. Congrats, Jeremy. I hope you, Val, and the kids are very happy.

• Love 13
I actually liked that Spencer got no votes as well, because I felt too many times he was pulled along by Jeremy.   Nothing factual so much as just how I felt at times.  Spencer did his part to get where he did.  But without Jeremy I don't think he would have.  The reverse however, Jeremy making it to the finals without Spencer I felt was still quite likely.

But Spencer sought Jeremy out and really worked hard to build a rapport with him. When the tribes first swapped, Spencer was on the bottom. But he started trying to get close to Jeremy, revealing that he'd never told his girlfriend "I love you". He made Jeremy feel like a mentor of sorts, and Jeremy began including him in things. I thought that was very smart of Spencer. In fact, despite what Jeremy says, I feel like Spencer DID replace Kimmi in the pecking order and that has to be due to Spencer's social game with Jeremy. Because taking Kimmi to the end definitely would have been smarter. 

I wish Probst would have polled the jury about who they would have voted for if Wentworth instead of Spencer made the Final 3

Same here! I always love those question! I'm having a hard time buying Stephen's tweet. The fact that the vote was unanimous makes me think it was going to be Jeremy no matter what. 

What happened to second place getting money? And who would be 2nd place in this scenario?

Did they have a fan favorite, or whatever it's called?

• Love 4

The season was flipped when they decided to do second chances. Once the viewers decided who was going to be on the next season they kind of had to show it first.

So has season 32 already been filmed?  I'm not sure the medical emergencies are a good selling point.  That's not fun to watch.

Congrats to Jeremy!  In my opinion a well deserving winner.  Having to pick between Spencer and Kelley was problematic since both played hard and had a good argument for winning.  Could Kelley have beaten Jeremy?  Maybe.  I'm sure Jeremy would much rather have booted Spencer and kept Kimmi.  Part of the reason he was so hurt about her flipping was that he fully intended to take her and Tasha to the end for an easy win.  He didn't know Spencer would torpedo his own game.  Until Jeremy played the pregnant wife card I expected Spencer to get some votes, but even the hardest hearted juror can't resist a man who adores his family. 

I miss the opening speeches by the F3.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

Well, Jeremy won. I can't say he doesn't at all deserve it. But I was really rooting for Spencer or Wentworth.

Excellent season!  I don't exactly get the Jeremy sweep, I thought he was in a pretty secure position for most of the game where Spencer and Kelley had to fight more to stay alive in the game.  Also, don't understand the whole "I'm playing for my family" bit and people lapping it up.  

This will be a tough season to follow.

• Love 6

I think Jeremy had the win in the bag and the third kid just increased the votes.

The questions, or lack there of, points to the fact that Tasha wasn't liked by a lot of people. Kass did not ask her a question. Tasha said that she should have had words for Kass because Kass made racial slurs in her RHAP Red Carpet interview. I suspect that the Varner comments and some of the other things that we have heard points to Tasha being problematic in camp. The questions she got pointed to the fact that the Jury thought that Tasha did little to nothing and just voted with Jeremy. They clearly did not give her credit for anything that happened at Angkor, which is no surprised because that was more Abi then anything else.

I am not sure why Spencer didn't get a vote or two. I think that people really docked points because he kept Jeremy. I find that ironic because no one targeted Jeremy even though Kass, Ciera and Kelley kept pointing to Jeremy as winning it when Jury began and no one listened to them.

• Love 2

What happened to second place getting money? And who would be 2nd place in this scenario?

They might split the $100,000 second place money between the two. Or make them draw rocks, make fire.....

To answer another question, there is no longer a fan favorite prize.

• Love 2

Probst's hair is really doing that Ruben Kinkaid thing these days.  I'd think by now he could afford a decent wig.

I really wish they'd cut back on the miracle of Terry's son and focused instead on the gameplay questions.  I want to know: if Jeremy had taken Kelly instead of Spencer, how would the final voting have gone?

• Love 2

Well the way that vote would have went down atleast according to Stephen was as follows:

Kelley: Abi, Ciera, Kass, Keith, Kimmi, Joe

Jeremy: Stephen, Andrew, Kelly and Spencer

Though based on Spencer's spiel at tribal I think he would voted Kelley too, but who knows.

• Love 2

I've seen a ton of Survivor seasons, but not all (seen enough that a lot of them kind of blur together for me). I am a big Survivor fan, but certainly not an expert, so I am wondering if anybody knows the answer to this question: Didn't it used to be that, if there was a tie at TC, the person with the most votes against them previously goes home? I feel like that was a HUGE issue early on, that people didn't want others to know that there had been votes cast against them once they merged because then they would be a target. Did that go away? Does that not apply so late in the game? I enjoyed last night's tribal, but something didn't seem right to me, and it DEFINITELY wouldn't have been right to have Keith go, who had zero votes against him at that particular TC. :-/

• Love 3

The only time I saw that "previous votes against you" was in Africa, which was like season 3?  I didn't watch 4 and 5 but I think it was gone by season 6.

So Vytas isn't there because he's having surgery?  Yeah, right.

Did they say that on the reunion show?

I've seen a ton of Survivor seasons, but not all (seen enough that a lot of them kind of blur together for me). I am a big Survivor fan, but certainly not an expert, so I am wondering if anybody knows the answer to this question: Didn't it used to be that, if there was a tie at TC, the person with the most votes against them previously goes home? I feel like that was a HUGE issue early on, that people didn't want others to know that there had been votes cast against them once they merged because then they would be a target. Did that go away? Does that not apply so late in the game? I enjoyed last night's tribal, but something didn't seem right to me, and it DEFINITELY wouldn't have been right to have Keith go, who had zero votes against him at that particular TC. :-/

Yes that was one of the original rules of Survivor in which they thankfully changed. It was first used in Australia where Jeff Varner was voted out because Debb Eaton at the first tribal council randomly threw a vote his way

Yes that was one of the original rules of Survivor in which they thankfully changed. It was first used in Australia where Jeff Varner was voted out because Debb Eaton at the first tribal council randomly threw a vote his way

Ah, thank you. I haven't seen Australia since it originally aired, but I have seen Africa recently, and I remember that they were freaking out about people knowing there were votes against them. Didn't realize it had changed. Still seemed wonky last night, though.

As much as I wanted Spencer to win, I think Jeremy played a great game. The fact that he WASN'T ever in any danger, to me, means just as much as Spencer and Kelley coming so far after having been on the bottom several times. Anyone who can get through the game without sweating much is quite deserving of the win, IMO.

I don't understand why Probst and Wentworth were giving Keith a hard time at the reunion for not playing his fake idol at Tribal Council. What would that have accomplished? Probst would have declared it fake and thrown it into the fire.

Keith did the only thing he could do with a fake idol, which is to fiddle with it to make people suspect he has an idol. I guess he could have shown it to someone else to make Jeremy, Spencer or Tasha think he had an idol, but I don't see how not playing the fake idol at Tribal Council was the "million dollar mistake" that Wentworth called it at the reunion.

• Love 5

She did say "fate was on your side tonight" when she voted, so it looks like she did. I like it when people do that, but she should have gone higher than 10, and also make it closest to the number without going over, so they have to really think about it.

I thought it was childish.  She wanted them to pick a number to get her vote? 

• Love 2

Since the idols looked different and he had a freaking idol note, he was in a good place to bluff. Why not try to bluff and see if worked? Keith didn't try it because he was certain it would fail and he didn't want to look like a fool.

Keith should have put it on during tribal and showed everyone the note. Probst will not comment on an idol being real or not until after it has been officially played, so after everyone has voted. Maybe Spencer announces that he would vote Jeremy or Tasha or maybe Tasha and jeremy vote Spencer. But Keith was not willing to try that because he did not think it would work.

I thought it was childish.  She wanted them to pick a number to get her vote? 

Greg did it in Borneo and voted for Richard. It was a bit silly but it was a total throw back to her season. (shrugs)

• Love 5