Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E14: Lie, Cheat, And Steal / S31.E15: Live Reunion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I am still amazed no one ever tried to vote him out. Congrats Jeremy. I knew he'd win, but was still holding out hope for Spencer! Wish Kelly was in the F3 instead of Tasha.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 2

Well, I think Jeremy very carefully didn't say "you should vote for me because pregnancy". The implication may be there but he didn't frame it that way. Just talking about why he's playing, and truthfully. I love the way he leveraged completely accurate facts in the ftc, with that news and the Kimmi stuff also.

• Love 6

Well that was pretty shameless, but well played Jeremy.

Note to future Survivor contestants: Pull out the heartstrings when you need them.

Absolutely cracked up at Wigglesworth.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5

Why, what did he do?

Depending what you believe: he left right after being voted off to go home.  Was active on SM while he was home, giving it away that he was out of the game.  Spoilers leaked out, which he may or may not have been behind.  He also was bitter about the experience.  My feeling is, being active on SM when filming was going on did it.  He said it wasn't him on SM, and that he believes he was excluded because he left early.

Savage is beanie-less!  Stephen looks pretty cute in that suit. 

Hee, Jeremy said when Joe was gone he would have been his new JT.  Also, I feel like Probst has talked to way more people than he has at any reunion in a long time.  

Keith is still Keith.  He got asked about the fake idol and said he didn't want to go out that way.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Spencer and Tasha can't say that no one warned them what would happen.

I'm a little surprised that Kass's hatred of Tasha was not great enough to cause her to throw a vote Spencer's way so that he would get second place, but I'm thrilled Jeremy made a clean sweep.

• Love 6

He was banned.  He left right after being voted off and went home (which he believes was the reason he was excluded) but he was active on SM while filming was going on.  On top of spoilers being leaked out, many think that is the real reason he wasn't asked back because he was behind them (or at least for being on SM and giving that away).  Plus, he whined that he wouldn't have come back if he knew he'd be out first.

wowzer. Thanks for that!

Depending what you believe: he left right after being voted off to go home.  Was active on SM while he was home, giving it away that he was out of the game.  Spoilers leaked out, which he may or may not have been behind.  He also was bitter about the experience.  My feeling is, being active on SM when filming was going on did it.  He said it wasn't him on SM, and that he believes he was excluded because he left early.

Thanks.   That's a much less interesting explanation than I was thinking, but it makes sense.

• Love 1

So, my random thoughts.

Wigglesworth was the worst recast ever. Useless from beginning to end. Did she think she was being cute with her jury question? I wanted them all to pick the number 2 just to give her a proverbial middle finger. Go away, and get back to being a hermit.

Wentworth clearly did not give a fuck, and agreed to a producer question, because no way did she care about 2nd chances. Perfect time for Jeremy to pull out the kid card. Spencer must have been so pissed "But this was supposed to be about me growing a heart!!"

The rest of the jury was kind of bland, but I'm fine with that. No real "Tell me why you suck" questions.

I want to like that TC, I really do, but I HATED it. Not the playing the idols with no votes, but the aftermath. How Keith was just like "Wait, I got no votes, and now I'm pretty much going home? How the hell did that happen?" I'm right there with you, Keith. And no, no one here has to explain the rules to me, and I'm not saying it's unfair. Just....extremely unsatisfactory. Couldn't they just make Tasha and Kimmi make a fire or something? Anything?

I think one of the reasons it sucked was because Jeremy was completely clueless, and only Spencer blabbing everything at TC saved him, because he knew he had to play his idol at that point. And Spencer, not knowing Jeremy had an idol, was a bit "arrogant" (Apparently the word of the night) thinking that it was illogical to think Wentworth had an idol, just like it would be illogical to think Jeremy had another one. Heh. Wrong on both counts. And he was almost as bad at assuring someone they were safe as Kimmi was. Almost. If Kimmi could have played that about 20 times more subtle, and found 2 minutes to get with Keith and Wentworth when others were legitimately doing other things, it might have worked. She WAY overplayed. I did love the fact that she stuck to it until the end of that tribal. It was just did it a week too late. I wonder if that had anything to do with how much Abi sucked to try to play with in the game.

Oh Wentworth, I never knew how much I was rooting for you until tonight. Although that was partially because you played your ASS off tonight. But at the end of the day, Jeremy was likable, he was seen as the leader of his alliance, and no one was going to beat him. Clearly. Oh, well, I actually liked him apart from his hissy fit at TC, and I'll even give him a BIT of a pass on that. But ultimately a letdown of a finale. After a really enjoyable (for me) season.

• Love 11

Love Varner. Wish he had made it further. 

Me too!  At least until Ponderosa.

Kind of disappointed with Keith.  He said Survivor isn't fun, and he really gave up in the end.  Yet he did want to come back and play again.  But why?

Joe gets some dramatic music going into the commercial.  I think Jeff had fun saying that.

• Love 2

Aww...Keith.

Coming up: the obligatory validation of Stephen's "golden boy" fixation on Joe!!  Although Jeremy made a good point--Stephen was so fixated on not losing to the "golden boy" that eventually anyone he saw as a threat would become that in his eyes.

• Love 7

Keith was so weirdly emotional I wonder what was going on? He sounded so hoarse and choked up I wish Jeff would have stopped asking him questions.

Vytas tweeted earlier he wished he was invited but it was a good season. No hard feelings from him it appears.

• Love 2

So Kelley definitely plays again, yes? Spencer also? Keith maybe possibly, and Tasha no way?

"Aw, heck." We love you and stay eloquent, Mr. Nale.

Add Kelley and Ciera and that should be everybody. Well unless survivor has a winner's season

• Love 1

I want Jeff to ask the traditional Q of how many people would have voted for Wentworth if she had been in F3,

I always hate that question, because it's always after everyone watched the show. Plus the person doesn't get to do a final tribal, so I always feel it's flawed. 

• Love 4

I always hate that question, because it's always after everyone watched the show. Plus the person doesn't get to do a final tribal, so I always feel it's flawed. 

Me too.  I've heard jurors say they know Probst is asking so they intentionally screw with the results.  I think people have sometimes raised their hands twice when they shouldn't have.

Joe!  I'll miss the hair next season.

Still is arrogant, Probst.  Dang, Spencer looks about 13.  Spencer has regrets.  He's making a perfect pitch for his third chance.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

The editors missed an opportunity to cut to Kass when Spencer told Probst that he knew that he had zero percent chance of winning this game after the penultimate tribal council.

I can't get over how much Spencer's girlfriend looks like Jefra from Cagayan.

• Love 4

Is this the first time the winner got all the votes?

No.

Earl was the first unanimous winner

J.T. Had the first perfect game. 

I can't remember (truthfully) - if there's someone else.

and now Jeremy.

I am thinking what's his face... Cocrane had one too.

• Love 2

I lost any respect I had for Kimmi after her pathetic "You were a bully and I am going to use you as an example to my kids" speech.

No, Kimmi, it was not bullying it was hard nosed negotiating to help the alliance she was betraying.

I am fine with Jeremy winning, but I don't think he deserved to win unanimously. He made a few blunders in the game, and because of the way the early alliances and tribe shake ups went, he had a much easier route than Spencer or Tasha.

He was also the only one totally oblivious to the obvious fact that Kimmi had flipped.

• Love 17

Well start the clock on how long it will take until Joe plays again.  Jeff more or less juset set that up saying he hasn't played as much as Boston Rob or Ozzy...yet.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 4

Placing bets on Jeff talking to Jeremy, like at all?   He hugged Val and told her to name the kid Jeff.  Hahahhaha My Word.

Is anyone going to say explicitly - Spencer and Stephen and everyone underestimated JeremY?  Hah??  Hahhhhhhhh?

Jeremy =  Beauty + Brains + Brawn <3  And ironically he beats the so-called Brains Trust of Cagayan !!!!!  I know it's corny but I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9

I lost any respect I had for Kimmi after her pathetic "You were a bully and I am going to use you as an example to my kids" speech.

No, Kimmi, it was not bullying it was hard nosed negotiating to help the alliance she was betraying.

the point of an alliance is to help you win. 

in Survivor - seriously the best move is to cut bait and to help yourself win. 

Kimmi felt cut out and not apart of the alliance, and even Jeremy saying "no," didn't reassure her. Spencer's deliberate cutting her pushed her hand in my opinion. one could argue if Spencer didn't "bully" her but instead have taken her aside and also said "no. we're TOGETHER. we can work together, you're not 4th." Kimmi doesn't make her move. 

• Love 2

Placing bets on Jeff talking to Jeremy, like at all?   He hugged Val and told her to name the kid Jeff.  Hahahhaha My Word.

Is anyone going to say explicitly - Spencer and Stephen and everyone underestimated JeremY?  Hah??  Hahhhhhhhh?

Jeremy:  Beauty vs Brains vs Brawn <3  I know it's corny, but I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!!

Yeah, I thought Mike got ignored last season thanks to the He-Man Woman Haters and the second chance vote cutting into the reunion.  But Jeremy's barely been acknowledged.

• Love 2
I don't know if Kelley would have won but I think it would have been very very close.
We know she would have gotten at least 3. I think she probably would have gotten Keith, too, and had a fighting chance at Kimmi's and Joe's. So definitely closer.
  • Love 1
I can't get over how much Spencer's girlfriend looks like Jefra from Cagayan.

It's SO freaky...weird man. 

I really like Spencer and I'm kind of sad to see him so disappointed. I think he was way happier and relaxed after Cagayan and I guess it makes sense. Once Kass flipped on them, the numbers turned and he could never truly get the upper hand so he was just kind of always playing from the bottom. And then he lost immunity so he didn't even really get a chance to make his case. So I think he felt more like circumstances were what they were. 

But this time he got all the way to the end after being so close to being eliminated so many times and I think he feels like just one or two decisions differently and he could have won. Yeah Jeremy getting to the end was definitely the downfall. I don't think they were wrong to boot Joe out when they could but I do think he probably should have gone after Jeremy when Jeremy played the idol for Stephen and showed how low key powerful he really was.

But then I understood why they were worried about Stephen's advantage and keeping him in the game with it. That's why this game is SO fascinating and amazing and we can sit back in our living rooms and say what we would do or they should have done but in that moment, with all the different thoughts and possibilities and scenarios sometimes you make the right decision and sometimes you don't.

I am fine with Jeremy winning, but I don't think he deserved to win unanimously. He made a few blunders in the game, and because of the way the early alliances and tribe shake ups went, he had a much easier route than Spencer or Tasha.

He was also the only one totally oblivious to the obvious fact that Kimmi had flipped.

I honestly cannot believe how ADAMANT Jeremy was that Kimmi wasn't going to flip. Jeremy who was blindsided the first time he played by his alliance and did not see coming AT ALL. And yet even with Spencer and Tasha telling him exactly why they knew Kimmi was planning something, he was still adamant. I like Jeremy and am happy for him but I almost wanted him eliminated then just because loyalty is fine but again when you have been on the receiving end of a major blindside before from people you trusted, how can you so stubbornly insist someone is not flipping. 

By the way, speaking of Kimmi, when she told Jeremy that she was tight with him and Tasha and believed it was them but he let Spencer come in and boot her to fourth, I thought that right there was a testament to Tasha's game. People clearly didn't seem to care for her but in my opinion, Spencer moved up the ladder in the alliance because as Tasha revealed, HE was her real alliance and so she probably help finessed that bond and the next thing Jeremy is in a final 3 with her and Spencer and Kimmi's out. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

the point of an alliance is to help you win.

in Survivor - seriously the best move is to cut bait and to help yourself win.

Kimmi felt cut out and not apart of the alliance, and even Jeremy saying "no," didn't reassure her. Spencer's deliberate cutting her pushed her hand in my opinion. one could argue if Spencer didn't "bully" her but instead have taken her aside and also said "no. we're TOGETHER. we can work together, you're not 4th." Kimmi doesn't make her move.

Whether it was a good move or not it was not "bullying". I hate they way that word is misused and overused.

What next, is an alliance of 5 going to be labeled "bullies" for voting out the other 4.

• Love 16