Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E14: Lie, Cheat, And Steal / S31.E15: Live Reunion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I wonder why the jurors refused to do it.  I get it, and they totally milked this second chance thing to the point where the well had run beyond dry.  But I'm wondering why the jurors refused.  That might have been cool if they used it as part of a challenge.

Heck yeah, it would! Like, who was this letter from, or who wrote this letter. Most points wins. 

I think that they want there to be some suspense. If Tasha gets no questions then the suspense is diminished. The problem is that TPTB forget that there are interviews after each boot and pretty much everyone blew Tasha off. It does explain why Tasha was so defensive during her post game interviews. She was shunned during FTC and the few questions she got were pretty negative. Her edit was pretty close to hidden and could politely described as a loyal foot shoulder. I think she is well aware that she is not liked by a lot of folks and that she did not do much to improve her reputation with the players or with the audience. 

In retrospect, I think that's why the editors decided to include Tasha's little quip of "It would be an abomination if Keith, Wentworth or Abi make it to the final 3", because they knew what eventually happened afterwards. It would be easy to drop that part, but they didn't. Because that's how Tasha's story ended up this season - she kept on talking about others being goats without being self-aware enough that she is one. That's got to be humiliating watching it afterwards and people rubbing it in your faces during exits and other post-season press. 

Heck, even Abi who was told to her face that she was a goat was at least self-aware enough that yeah, sure, people want to drag her to the F3 because of that reason, and she would be happy to ride that if it meant making the finals. But even Abi had a chance of winning if she went to the F3 with the right combination of people, because she's right, she does have some compelling arguments of how she got to the end. And maybe she wouldn't have laid a goose egg as well.

Come to think of it, Tasha was the only unanimous person that the F7 named that they would take to the F3 with them so they can win. She was in everyone's dream F3 scenarios that would make them the winner. Even Abi's. 

• Love 5

I hope Kass as the first juror set the precedent with refusing to write a cheesy second chance themed letter to the final five.  The show loves their little narratives but the truth is they all lost their first time due to some combo of bad luck and bad play and they're all back for another shot for the money.  Period, end of story.  

could politely described as a loyal foot shoulder.

Hahaha!  I spent a second trying to figure that out before I realized it's supposed to be foot soldier.  I kind of like foot shoulder.  

(sigh) My spelling is awful for a variety of reasons and I totally missed that. Soldier and shoulder sound the same to me but I normally catch it when I am writing.

Tasha's body language in her red carpet interviews was so angry. She was pissed.

• Love 1

I would love them to someday release extended footage of the FTC. Perhaps place them on their youtube channel along with all the other Ponerosa and juror speaks videos. Seems like there is so much we miss after it has been edited down for the show especially with these nine and now ten member juries.

• Love 2

I hope Kass as the first juror set the precedent with refusing to write a cheesy second chance themed letter to the final five.  The show loves their little narratives but the truth is they all lost their first time due to some combo of bad luck and bad play and they're all back for another shot for the money.  Period, end of story.  

I won't be surprised. I will forever love Kass for being the only person who didn't raise her hand when Jeff asked "who felt the pressure to play differently than their first season?" during the reunion show.

• Love 1
slowpoked, on 23 Dec 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

In retrospect, I think that's why the editors decided to include Tasha's little quip of "It would be an abomination if Keith, Wentworth or Abi make it to the final 3", because they knew what eventually happened afterwards. It would be easy to drop that part, but they didn't. Because that's how Tasha's story ended up this season - she kept on talking about others being goats without being self-aware enough that she is one. That's got to be humiliating watching it afterwards and people rubbing it in your faces during exits and other post-season press. 

I really think that's one of the more insulting things someone has said on the show--I felt insulted as a fan!  With that and Savage going on about who "didn't deserve to be there", it was quite a season for being obnoxiously dismissive of people who were in fact playing better than you.  I don't really mind people turning that back around on them to some extent, like Kelley on the red carpet or Ciera saying "who cares what Andrew thinks, I don't even remember him from Pearl Islands" in an exit interview.

At the time I figured it was probably just gameplay on Tasha's part, coming up with some reason to keep her--any bullshit is fine if it gets you to the end, after all--but in fact she had a golden opportunity to get to the end with people who, at least, weren't going to sweep her, and she didn't, so I can only suppose she was giving her true feelings.  And as those feelings basically amount to "I don't want to win Survivor", I can only feel that she brought it on herself, both the loss and any shade thrown by the people she was insulting at that moment.

• Love 2

In retrospect, I think that's why the editors decided to include Tasha's little quip of "It would be an abomination if Keith, Wentworth or Abi make it to the final 3"

Almost as bad was her comment when Kelley left the shelter, and she had that snotty smile and said, "I think it makes her feel good to play."  So delusional.

I think she said it right after Kelley left the shelter to meet Kimmi, but I guess she could have been talking about Kimmi.

I also thought it was about Kimmi. IIRC, Spencer asked her something like, "what's up with Kimmi talking to them?" and Tasha answered him that way. I think that's what gave away Kimmi flipping against them.

I think Kimmi should have talked with Kelley and told Kelley to give the plan to Keith so that Kimmi would never be seen talking to Keith alone.  She also should have told Kelley, I will tell the others that you talked to me to try and get me to flip and that Kelley should also talk to each of the others about flipping too, so Kimmi can just be "one of the alliance" that Kelley tried to flip.  Kimmi was a bit too obvious.

That said, I think anytime that the situation presents itself that only one person would draw rocks, the two with votes should do the fire challenge.  This is the same situation as would happen in a F4, where one person has immunity necklace, two have votes and there's the 'odd man out' who would be the automatic rock drawer if they can't decide which of the other two go home.  I'm sure that because of the unusual circumstances in this case, TPTB were totally unprepared for a fire challenge and couldn't put it together in time.  But they should always have the materials nearby when it gets down to such few people.

I'm sure that because of the unusual circumstances in this case, TPTB were totally unprepared for a fire challenge and couldn't put it together in time.  But they should always have the materials nearby when it gets down to such few people.

Riiiiiight.

Because nobody in the entire Production crew would be able to come up with some sticks and a string.