Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E14: Season Finale

• Start Topic

I actually think Bindi had the best fusion.

Alek's was rough and Nick's felt like it lacked enough Tango and didn't really feel like a fusion. Just a few bits of Tango, the wardrobe thing and then straight on to Salsa.

The audience really erupted each time Bindi came on or was mentioned. I imagined her win wasn't all Derek. She won people over with her personality and ability to dance as a non-dancer. I honestly feel like it didn't matter who she was with. Her switch up dance with Val proved she could dance and wasn't just someone Derek placed from move to move.

• Love 14

I think this show is well past its expiration date, and should take a good long vacation. But we know it won't happen, so my hope is that Derek be given the worst dancer for next season. I want to see what he could do with a total lack of talent dancer.

• Love 6

I have been hating this season, but I enjoyed tons of things about this finale.  

- In douchebag's defense, he wasn't against the stripper routine per se, but merely it's positioning against the package where he'd gone on and on about being Christian.  He felt it looked hypocritical.  Only thing I'm saying in his defense though.

- Val got to dance a lot - nice

- Liked Chaka and Andy together - I thought it was fun and I liked the singing

- liked Andy's single and the production number

- did not like Nick's song and the positioning was hella weird

- loved "The Night before Finale" - it was just beautifully weird and funny to me

- I can't believe the amount of make-up Len was wearing or the lying about watching it

- I'm not looking forward to 4 judges again - Julianne didn't look all that pleased right afterwards either

- did not like Erin's dress - too dull

- my favourite moment of the Tom Safety dance, however, was Erin doing the "dansez!" part

Edited by crowceilidh

For the first time since season one, I did not watch a single minute of the Finale. And I feel great about it. I tried out some Chicago Med, instead. Why bother? The preordained winner and very special snowflake won, right? I actually even forgot to look to see if she and Golden Boy had won until way after Jimmy Fallon had started. See what happens when you slam viewers over the head with hyperbole, outlandish praise and dead parent emotional manipulation? You turn viewers OFF. Do better next season, show. Please.

• Love 8

Yes to firing Bindi's hairdresser. Her hair looked best when she danced with Val. It seemed like all her hairstyles were old fashioned. What was up with that?

And the Trophy is definitely heavy. I'm sure that's the reason Derek wanted to hold it. Every season they mention it and the female winners struggle trying to hold it up for very long.

Did anyone else feel exhausted from the running back and forth between the two venues? I thought it was a bit chaotic and nerve wracking. Hope they don't do that again.

I agree with all who want Derek to go. I like watching him dance but I really don't want to go through another season like this one with all the complaining and criticizing, some of which I thought was valid and/or understandable. I hope he signed on with the Weinstein Company to do Singing in the Rain on Broadway. That will make his fans happy and his anti-fans will be happy that they no longer have to put up with him. I will miss him and his dancing, but I realize I'm in a minority. I love dancing and enjoy most of the Pros so I'll be fine watching them. The only thing that might influence me to leave altogether is the devolution of the show and some of Rob Wade's choices.

• Love 1

I think this show is well past its expiration date, and should take a good long vacation. But we know it won't happen, so my hope is that Derek be given the worst dancer for next season. I want to see what he could do with a total lack of talent dancer.

Who could have known, and really expected, that Bindi would have had so much talent? She certainly did not have dance experience, or anything related that would have parlayed into dancing ability. She didn't seem to be a girly-girl, but more of a tomboy, actually. I think Derick is just that good - to take someone with no dance experience and have them end up dancing well enough to win. I certainly don't think he went into this season with a ringer. Now I will say that there are limits to his ability! I, too, would like to see what he could do with a Paula Deen or Chaka Khan!

• Love 11

I guess I'm Mary Sunshine, because I was thoroughly entertained. The Magic Mike number was perfect for the audience at the Grove. They ate it up! Carlos and the guys were so much better than the guys in the movie (with a couple of exceptions). Heck, I even enjoyed seeing Gilligan's Island again!

For all the going on about Bindi exuding joy, it actually flowed out of her tonight in that last dance. It caught Derek up in the flow and went right through the TV. Great TV moment. Nick danced his best tonight too, glad he did the waltz again instead of a BSB number. But Bindi really nailed it. 

Her hair didn't. Must have been a negotiation. She didn't want bangs, someone thought she should have them, so fake ones were pasted to her head. It's been like that for several weeks and tonight it went way out of control.

Even enjoyed the musical numbers tonight, lots of interesting staging. Usually fast forward to the dancing parts. Loved Emma's dress. Hubby commented that he liked Andy's music, but Nick is a better singer. 

There's an old saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity". I envision producer meetings where they discuss ways to get the internet talking about favorites, and ringers, and conspiracy theories. Seems to be working.

• Love 8

I am happy that Bindi won - she totally deserved it. I have never been a Derrick fan but I do believe he did have a connection with Bindi different than any other partner he has had, and that she brought out the best in him.

I am most excited that Len is coming back! For some reason I thought when he left it was for good, so what a great surprise. I assume than Julianne will leave? I would prefer that she stay and CA leave but I am sure that is just wishful thinking and not really a possibility.

• Love 6

I was not even a little surprised with Bindi's win.

This morning on Good Morning America, they had an audience twitter poll for "who should win" and Bindi/Derek had 70% of the audience vote with Alec and Nick splitting the remaining 30%.

Not a scientific poll, and certainly not part of the official voting, but...DANG!  That is a huge difference.

I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to style Bindi's hair to resemble a ferret eating a Danish, but he or she should be reprimanded. Besides being ugly, it was way too matronly for an exuberant teenager.

• Love 13

Super happy to learn Les will be back.

Congratulations to the worthy champs, Bindi and Derek.  Good luck to Derek, whatever he decides to do now.

The best segment for me, by far, was Busey's Night before Xmas.  Victor was hysterical as the elf!

I also loved the Downton Abbey dance with Sharna in it.  I am a complete sucker for that theme music and that show.

The biggest thing tonight?  This show made me really miss shopping/hanging out at the Grove (The Farmer's Market is attached to it) and its sister center, Americana in Glendale.  They are especially pretty when Xmas decorations are up.  Americana has a massive tree, festooned with thousands and thousands of lights and ornaments.  In keeping with the coming Wiz production, and Tom's mention on the show, I miss the Cheesecake Factory restaurants in each place most of all.

Until the Vernal Equinox, everyone...Adieu.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 2

I must say I was so sick of Bindi with the constant need to hug and be hugged. Leading in with her head turned to get said hug was very annoying to me but when she and Derek did that dance and the footsteps in the sand, I had tears rolling down my face. I even said, "that kid deserves to win!!" LOL, needless to say my household threw pillows at me because I was so negative about her throughout the show. Now I am bawling and saying she deserves to win. LOL, I am glad she won...she did damn good!

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 1

Yes, Bindi's win was not a surprise but has any win in the last few seasons, since perhaps Kelly's "upset" of Zendaya been a surprise? Meryl's win was telegraphed from Week 1, as was Alfonso's and as was Rumer's last season. 

I thought Meryl and Charlie were pushed hard from the start but Meryl caught on--maybe because of Maks?  Olympians are normally favorites from the beginning.  They have the name recognition, work ethic, athleticism and in most cases rhythm.    But, people were ready for Alfonso.  The judges didn't have to pimp.  Zendaya should've won but when has a Disney actor won?  Then, with Kelly's surprising flexibility during the freestyle, her win was not an upset.  Bindi, OTH, needed the judges constant exaggeration and Dad-mentioning to get her the win.

• Love 1

I am glad Bindi won! And I don't find Derek in the least insufferable!

I can't figure out who deserved to win more, certainly out of the final 4. Alek never let loose below the waist, plodding along, relying on his upper body strength. Carlos never quite engaged the audience's emotions. Nick messed up more than a couple times throughout the season and I'm sure TPTB wouldn't have minded a resurgence of BSB Nation, or whatever that fandom called themselves, maybe vs. the on-line multitude of Hayes "Likes."

Then there was the hoped-for marital rivalry. Paula, Gary, so many scenarios whose playing out would have satisfied TPTB.

But young Bindi from Down Under? WHO KNEW?!

Maybe she just is a preternaturally cheery kid, a grateful one, one who has virtually deified her late father to get by. Now, if that were her MOTHER as a contestant with all of that, I might have gotten annoyed! 

Looking forward to watching B&D on "GMA" soon!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5

What was up with Victor jumping around behind every couple up in the skybox?  I guess he was determined to get his face on the camera as much as possible.  It became a little distracting.

The pro that I am most impressed with this season is Lindsay.  She took the only true showbiz novice and got him to the Final Three.  I hope that they will keep her as a Pro with Allison being out with her pregnancy.

• Love 3

I was surprised how much I was rooting for Nick at the end. I think the OTT gushing about Bindi from the judges annoyed me and made me like her less. I kept reminding myself she's only 17 so all the crying-not-crying was probably as much due to that as to her personality but good lord, judges, she is not the second coming.

And hell yeah to Artem in the Magic Mike number again. Can we please get him a contender next season for the lack of screen time he got this season? Also, I realized how much I missed Peta. She really is a dynamic dancer and I would've liked to have seen what she could've done with Andy, though I did enjoy his partnership with Allison overall (mostly due to his personality I think).

• Love 2

Because God forbid Bindi hold the trophy herself.

Every season there is always a shot of the celebrity AND the pro holding the trophy ...... besides Bindi was holding on to it by herself for quite a while before Derek moved over for the obligatory “team holding the trophy shot.

I really wanted to see Nick and Sharna win but I think most of us knew that wasn't going to happen. 

I think Sharna blew any chance she had to win with her chorography, especially the Freestyle which was extremely lackluster (and rather lazy work).  She hasn't quite learned the balance needed to actually win the tacky trophy.

I prefer Sharna when she sticks to more traditional ballroom routines; I do not like the fact that she tries to “sex” up every routine; more often than not when I watch her routines I feel like I am watching a Whitesnake video and not Dancing with the Stars.

Tonight's show was worth watching if only for the fantastic pro dances.  Made me happy. :)

Yes, this.  Please, oh please show, bring back the pro dances.  And for goodness sake, make Jenna a pro partner already.

• Love 6

Watched the last five minutes to see who won and a couple of times when what I was watching was on commercial.  That's how much I was interested.  I've never done that in past seasons.  No surprise about the win.  What really got me the most this season was overall it was dull and the endless gushing by the judges about Bindi.  I have nothing against her.  She does seem like a nice young lady and a very good dancer but the 'Steve Irwin's Daughter' and the tragedy just grated me after a while.  And why wasn't she on the Australian version?  Hm.

There's nothing to "Hm" about.  She was asked to be on the Australian version but turned it down in favor of the American one.

• Love 2

What a predictable end to an awful season!  Loved all things Nick and Sharna (Nick sounded really good singing).  But other than that – last night and this whole season was a wash.

As others have posted, I am sure Bindi is a lovely person and I know she is only 17.  Perhaps as she matures and grows up, she can tone it down (WAY DOWN) while keeping her sweet nature and positive outlook.

My problem was not with BINDI winning.   She was not a bad dancer.  My problem, besides her constant “LOVE ME – HUG ME – I LOVE YOU- I’LL HUG YOU- I POOP RAINBOWS AND STARDUST” stuff, was the way that since DAY 1 the show, the Judges, everyone shoved her down my throat.   The stuff with her dad (which I know is sad and life changing but everyone on the show has suffered some sort of personal tragedy, and while it was mentioned for other celebs at times not one other celeb CONSTANTLY brought up their tragedy) and the Judges fawning over she and Derek.  If Bindi came out and picked her toenails while Derek did spins around her, the Judges would give her a 10.

Oh well, good for her, I guess.  Thank goodness for Nick and Sharna or I would have checked out of this season a long time ago.  Glad Len is coming back.  Hope Derek takes a break or gets a real challenge next season (i.e. Paula Deen, Kate Gosslin) but that won’t happen.

At least I have my Monday nights back.   I wonder if this season could have been salvaged had Tamar been able to stay in or if Alexa would have stayed instead of her husband?

Also looking forward to Peta returning (if she does and would like to see Maks)

• Love 5

I think Sharna blew any chance she had to win with her chorography, especially the Freestyle which was extremely lackluster (and rather lazy work).  She hasn't quite learned the balance needed to actually win the tacky trophy.

I prefer Sharna when she sticks to more traditional ballroom routines; I do not like the fact that she tries to “sex” up every routine; more often than not when I watch her routines I feel like I am watching a Whitesnake video and not Dancing with the Stars.

Yes! I really like Sharna as a pro, but felt that, especially this year, she was going the "Whitesnake" route even more than usual. She is sexy no matter what she does, she doesn't need to do that. 

Yes! I really like Sharna as a pro, but felt that, especially this year, she was going the "Whitesnake" route even more than usual. She is sexy no matter what she does, she doesn't need to do that. 

Honestly, I think she is the sexiest when she doesn't try (for me, that is true for nearly all the pros).  I think that's what put me off about a lot of her work this season; she tried entirely too hard to be sexy and it came off as sleazy.  

Who were all the extra dancers?  There was one guy (he had a mini ponytail) that appeared in quite a few numbers on both nights and he looks so familiar ……. any idea who he is?

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 1
Bindi, OTH, needed the judges constant exaggeration and Dad-mentioning to get her the win.

I disagree but as always YMMV. Before any of the couples did one dance, Bindi was the one whose "Nae-Nae" video they had all the celebrities and Pros do, had an insane amount of views and likes to the point that many posters on here commented about it and how shocking and surprising it was. In my opinion, as I've said, Bindi was like what Tristan said about Amber Riley on Afterbuzz after her win - she had the crowd (at home and in the audience) from day one and never didn't have them.

But as I've said, I'm used to the fact by now that Derek apparently has never once earned a win fairly - it was either his celebrity was overscored and overpraised, he used tricks and hid their flaws and fooled the biased judges into thinking they were good or they were the biggest ringers the show has ever had. Okay fair enough. 

Also, my comment was purely in response to the comments that the win was so obvious and the finale a giant dud because of that and my point is how many wins weren't obvious, including the last three of Meryl, Alfonso and Rumer. It wasn't a comment on their abilities or whether they were "pimped" by the judges or not. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I enjoyed Nick more in these last two weeks than I did all all season and I was more bummed than I expected when he did not win. Though there was a moment when he was singing his new song and I thought for sure he was getting third. Rob Wade would have loved to have a "thanks for sharing your song with us, you lose, get off the stage" moment. At any rate I think maybe he relaxed more near the end and really gave in to the process rather than overthinking everything and it made for more entertaining performances for me at least. I think he had a very, very slim chance of beating Bindi at the end but Sharna blew it with that boring freestyle.

I can't find much to argue with over Bindi's win. She was a very good and entertaining dancer in a lackluster season and her win was deserved. Like so many others have already noted, what irritated me was the over the top declarations of just how lucky we should all feel to even be able to cast our eyes on the wonder that is Bindi week after week. Someone else mentioned above that it felt like Nick and Alek were repeatedly given a "thanks for playing, now move along" pat on the back as the judges conserved their energy to stand up on the desk and cheer over whatever miraculous thing Bindi might do next. It was too much and so offputting.

The absurdity hit an all time high for me when Carrie Ann wanted to thank Bindi's parents for creating her as if her Cha Chas and waltzes were saving lives. I often hate the pandering that comes with the "hero" contestants like Alek but in that moment I could not help but think that the only contestant who might be worthy of a "thank goodness you were born!" commentary was him and even then it would have been a bit much because this is a silly dancing show and not a competiton for who offers the most contributions to the human race.

I know several folks have mentioned that Meryl and Rumer (and even Alfonso) were also overly praised and fawned over and while that may be true with regards to their dancing, I don't recall any of them ever being told that we were all lucky they were born or that they were beacons of hope in the world. That is where things got crazy this season when it came to Bindi and what made me repeatedly throw up my hands in exasperation.

• Love 8

"I thank your parents for making you." That was the last straw.

Look, Bindi did well for a "celebrity" with no dancing skill, and that's supposedly the premise. It's for stars like Alek and Bindi to show what should be surprising results from start to finish. (It is not for boy band vets who know how to dance, but that is my usual ringer speech and that equine has long since expired.)

Anyhoodle. I go back to something Maks said about Bindi the week he was judging, something like he thought she might be too good to be true but he realized she was genuine and authentic. So apparently that's why she charmed everyone, but come on! Some of the non-specific gushing that had absolutely nothing to do with dance was nauseating, and had the opposite effect if they were trying to make us love her.

Moving on. I think the sound was messed up outside, because many audio things didn't works and it was more than the Santa thing. Chaka's terrible duet with Andy. I'd say Andy's solo song was bad as well. The guy can sing but the ear mics must have been shitty because all the singing outdoors sucked- at least to my ear. Indoors was fine, especially Elle- love her

And yes, yes, yes! Jenna would make an awesome pro! Give that girl a promotion!

One more thing: I'm pretty much over Mandy Moore as a choreographer for the pro dances. The same moves over and over, and I can always tell when it's not her, that's how predictable her dances are. With so much pro talent she could do so much more.

I'll be glad to see Len back. I like that Julianne actually gives notes and corrections- even Bruno does- but CarrieAnn is a waste of a paddle. Len will cut down on the messing around and I look forward to it. Production numbers make it possible for the judges to reward entertainment rather than dance.

No matter what, I'll be back in the spring. It's my cheesy dance show habit!

Edited by TOL
  • Love 2

This show is a lose/lose situation. Either someone is too happy and it's fake or someone is too angry and it's annoying. I'm not sure how the judges fawning over Bindi is her fault. They did the same thing to Kelly Osborne (Tom even gave a speech about her being his favorite contestant when she was eliminated). There are plenty examples but I think it's the Derek factor. He is not the only dancer on this show to get contenders (Tony has had a few - Stacy Keibler, Melissa Rycroft (twice), Marissa Jarret Winokur, Adrina Patridge). Most 17 year old girls I know are either overly happy or have a bad attitude. So she is happy, bubbly and pleasant. Dear God someone shoot her for not being a snotty brat. Nick mentioned the BSB just as much as Bindi mentioned her dad. Carlos gets flack for loving God and his wife. This show should be called "SHUT UP AND DANCE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR SAY PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE YOU"

• Love 19

When Chaka was singing Every Woman, did anyone else notice two of the dancers walk smack into each other? I laughed.

I was excited to see Chaka and Andy sing a duet, but horrified that it was Date Rape for Christmas. I hate that song with the heat of 10,000 nuns.

• Love 1
Boofish, on 25 Nov 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

This show is a lose/lose situation. Either someone is too happy and it's fake or someone is too angry and it's annoying. I'm not sure how the judges fawning over Bindi is her fault. They did the same thing to Kelly Osborne (Tom even gave a speech about her being his favorite contestant when she was eliminated). There are plenty examples but I think it's the Derek factor. He is not the only dancer on this show to get contenders (Tony has had a few - Stacy Keibler, Melissa Rycroft (twice), Marissa Jarret Winokur, Adrina Patridge). Most 17 year old girls I know are either overly happy or have a bad attitude. So she is happy, bubbly and pleasant. Dear God someone shoot her for not being a snotty brat. Nick mentioned the BSB just as much as Bindi mentioned her dad. Carlos gets flack for loving God and his wife. This show should be called "SHUT UP AND DANCE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR SAY PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE YOU"

PREACH!

I'll take pooping rainbows over snotty, entitled brat anyday!

Chaka looked great and I enjoyed Andy and Chaka together and alone. The sound did seem a little wonky though.

I liked the bloopers. There should be more. Surely there are more. Mark can be rather hilarious. I missed Len and I missed Dance Center. Missing them blows. Glad to hear that Len will be back.

That genie in a bottle dance looked nothing like the first time. [/snerk] I know.

Loved Elle and that XO song.  Loved the judges doing the little dance during the song.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

I don't have a problem with Bindi's peppy personality or her. As I had.previously posted, I think that she is adorable and sweet. I just don't care how the judges would collectively orgasm after Bindi's dances. With most of the other dancers it was like, "Great job..." Bindi is an excellent dancer, but the "You're a beacon of light and hope for EVERYONE!" and "I thank gour parents for making you!" was a bit too much. They make it seem as though Bindi wad established world peace or is the second coming. My problem is not with Bindi - it's with those judges.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 6

Completely unsurprising, the win was telegraphed for Golden Boy from the minute the season started.  Because they really need to rename this show to Dancing with Derek.  It's become all about him and it's sickening how much they pimp him out.  Next season, I want him to get the Paula Deens and the Martina Navratilovas of their casting circle.  I want him to get somebody older than 35 who has a gimp knee or is overweight or has health problems.  Why does he seemingly always get the young, bubbly, attractive one who has some experience in dance?

I find it appalling that Julianne is allowed to judge him.  I find it appalling that she is allowed to judge anyone.  She was competing on the show as a pro for years and has formed friendships and bonds with the other pros and almost certainly likes some more than others.  There's absolutely no way she can be unbiased.

• Love 3

Nick was gracious, considering he was robbed.  The Carlos and Alex bromance package was fun.

How was Nick robbed?

The judges, as they do nearly every season, tied the top two contestants in points so that it came down to the fan vote; the fans voted Bindi the winner.

I think Nick demonstrated a generosity of spirit (he’s done so all season) and was genuine when he congratulated Bindi and said she earned the trophy.

There’s a small part of me that wonders if Nick, being very cognizant of the BSB fan backlash said those things to prevent even more fan vitrol being directed at Bindi.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 4

My problem is not with Bindi - it's with those judges

Right?!  Perfectly acceptable in this case to hate on the messengers.

ChuckWagon Jr. arrived home from school of course during the finale and i missed nearly all of it  ..... was Tamar there to either dance or in the audience? Was any update given on her?

I find it appalling that Julianne is allowed to judge him.  I find it appalling that she is allowed to judge anyone.  She was competing on the show as a pro for years and has formed friendships and bonds with the other pros and almost certainly likes some more than others.  There's absolutely no way she can be unbiased.

The dance world, particularily where these specific dancers come from is pretty close ....... there's no way to find someone who isn't connected to anyone on the show.

Right?!  Perfectly acceptable in this case to hate on the messengers.

ChuckWagon Jr. arrived home from school of course during the finale and i missed nearly all of it  ..... was Tamar there to either dance or in the audience? Was any update given on her?

No, Tamar was not there and the only mention was Tom saying something to the effect that the show wishes her well and a speedy recovery.  

• Love 1

I'm happy Bindi won.  I only watched a little bit of this season but tuned in for the last two episodes.  I was a Croc Hunter fan, so it was cool to see her mom in the audience.  I had to laugh when Bergeron called it the biggest finale ever.  Doesn't he say that every year?  How is it bigger?  They're always two hours and always full of filler until the last 30 minutes.  Same this year.  LOL.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

I was wondering about the extra troupe dancers too. There were several cute guys that remain a mystery, though Tom did name two of the ladies in one of the last numbers. I'm thinking one of the guys is Sharna's honey. And there were a couple of very cute guys dancing with Jenna. Speaking of which, Jenna got a lot of face time last night. Anyone thinking she might get a shot at Pro next season? It's been out with the mature, in with the fresh faces for a while now. Except for Tony. Derek, Mark, Peta, and Sharna better watch their backs. They are becoming the elder pros on this show.

Edited by DancingD

I'm happy Bindi won.  I only watched a little bit of this season but tuned in for the last two episodes.  I was a Croc Hunter fan, so it was cool to see her mom in the audience.  I had to laugh when Bergeron called it the biggest finale ever.  Doesn't he say that every year?  How is it bigger?  They're always two hours and and always full of filler until the last 30 minutes.  Same this year.  LOL.

I find it's good to develop a healthy tolerance for hyperbole while watching this show. I barely even notice it anymore. Carlos and Witney - sexiest foxtrot evah done? Sure, whatever, they'll say that until the next one. Lindsey & Alek, unprecedented amaaaazing choreography in which they run up a plank,? Fine, promote it that way if you must. Bindi, best human ever? Okay, fine. Bestest best cast ever, biggest finale ever, most dramatic season ever, never been a bigger night of dance blah blah blah, they'll say that every season, to everyone, in different ways over and over, it's a part of the show as surely as sequins and spray tans are. If you just laugh at it instead of getting rage ulcers, it makes the show more fun to watch. 

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 12

Completely unsurprising, the win was telegraphed for Golden Boy from the minute the season started.  Because they really need to rename this show to Dancing with Derek.  It's become all about him and it's sickening how much they pimp him out.  Next season, I want him to get the Paula Deens and the Martina Navratilovas of their casting circle.  I want him to get somebody older than 35 who has a gimp knee or is overweight or has health problems.  Why does he seemingly always get the young, bubbly, attractive one who has some experience in dance?

Well, to be fair, Jennifer Grey was 50 and not quite the accomplished dancer everyone thought she was (she herself even reminded people that Dirty Dancing was over a quarter of a century earlier).

• Love 3

I was wondering about the extra troupe dancers too. There were several cute guys that remain a mystery, though Tom did name two of the ladies in one of the last numbers. I'm thinking one of the guys is Sharna's honey. And there were a couple of very cute guys dancing with Jenna. Speaking of which, Jenna got a lot of face time last night. Anyone thinking she might get a shot at Pro next season? It's been out with the mature, in with the fresh faces for a while now. Except for Tony. Derek, Mark, Peta, and Sharna better watch their backs. They are becoming the elder pros on this show.

I've seen a number of people claim the bald guy is Sharna's boyfriend Paul but he's not, he's Vincent Noiseux (sytycd and abdc). Here's his page: https://www.instagram.com/vincentnoiseux/

There were also a number of pretty well known backup dancers (I noticed some Katy and Britney ones).

I was wondering about Jenna too. They seem to be featuring her so much. But with Allison out and Peta back in, that doesn't leave a spot unless Karina isn't interested next season or Anna's busy I guess.

I disagree but as always YMMV. Before any of the couples did one dance, Bindi was the one whose "Nae-Nae" video they had all the celebrities and Pros do, had an insane amount of views and likes to the point that many posters on here commented about it and how shocking and surprising it was. In my opinion, as I've said, Bindi was like what Tristan said about Amber Riley on Afterbuzz after her win - she had the crowd (at home and in the audience) from day one and never didn't have them.

But as I've said, I'm used to the fact by now that Derek apparently has never once earned a win fairly - it was either his celebrity was overscored and overpraised, he used tricks and hid their flaws and fooled the biased judges into thinking they were good or they were the biggest ringers the show has ever had. Okay fair enough. 

Also, my comment was purely in response to the comments that the win was so obvious and the finale a giant dud because of that and my point is how many wins weren't obvious, including the last three of Meryl, Alfonso and Rumer. It wasn't a comment on their abilities or whether they were "pimped" by the judges or not.

This X 1000!!!

The only way it was predictable that Bindi would win was that she got better and better each week until she was a great dancer! She did NOT go into this season a ringer, with either dance or dance-related experience. (Mery, Kristi, Shawn, etc.) So why was this season such the dud that many people have labeled it just because we could see with our own two eyes who would/should be in the finale and possibly win? It was pretty predictable that Alfonso would be in it til the end in his season, but that didn't ruin it for me. If anyone shouldn't have been in the finals this season, it would be Alek. But I haven't really seen any venom directed at him. Who should have taken his place? Alexa, maybe? Hayes??? Oh, please.

I am so with you on the Derek topic, too. I can take him or leave him personally, but I do not have to love him to recognize and admit that he is a super talent. He did not get to where he was by cheating, whining, stealing choreography, blah, blah.

• Love 3

Yeah, next year I hope they give Derek some outdoorsy, tomboy type with no dance experience who can barely walk in heels! Oh wait.............

• Love 11

I love watching Val and Jenna dance together.

The Santa at the Grove was the most lackluster Santa ever, even without his mike troubles - is he related to one of the producers?

I think Bindi is adorable, and I really liked her partnership with Derek - he seemed more likeable to me this season. (I've always thought he was talented; I just like the dark Russian vibe better.) Having said that, his sister needs to go. (And I liked her when she was a dancer, but her shriek-y voice really grates on my nerves.)

• Love 2

The dance world, particularily where these specific dancers come from is pretty close ....... there's no way to find someone who isn't connected to anyone on the show.

No, Tamar was not there and the only mention was Tom saying something to the effect that the show wishes her well and a speedy recovery.

That was really odd. I wonder if she is still that ill, or was there some other reason that she didn't want to return. It would have been interesting to see how far she could have gone if she was healthy. She had ability, but probably not enough fan support.