Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E14: Season Finale

• Start Topic

Bindi was capable of doing even better than she did, I think.  But no one ever told her what to fix.

As I recall, they told her several times to keep her shoulders up.  Then there was the dance that she didn't quite have the seductress attitude needed.  I believe she was able to correct the issue with her shoulders though.

I thought the season finale was one of the better ones.  Although I was rooting for Bindi, there were several others that I cheered for during the season.  I've had seasons where nobody interested me, but this time, it was nice to see more of them doing well.  I could do with less of the tearjerker moments though. 

What is the tour they were talking about, and how many of the current celebs get to participate? 

"Bindi was capable of doing even better than she did, I think.  But no one ever told her what to fix."

"As I recall, they told her several times to keep her shoulders up.  Then there was the dance that she didn't quite have the seductress attitude needed.  I believe she was able to correct the issue with her shoulders though."

And of course, the hips.

It was a fun finale that seemed like a Christmas special...... 

Has the fall show ever had a Christmas theme like it did with this finale? I loved everything about it.....the pro dances were so entertaining, especially with the Christmas theme. IMHO, this is one of the best Christmas shows I've seen in a long while. The Grove set was absolutely magical and I hope they do a Christmas special for all the fall finale shows.

• Love 1

As I recall, they told her several times to keep her shoulders up.  Then there was the dance that she didn't quite have the seductress attitude needed.  I believe she was able to correct the issue with her shoulders though.

The judges told her to keep her shoulders down.  Most new dancers tense up and get nervous so their shoulders tend to go up to their ears.  Julianne mentioned her shoulders after she was trying so hard to find something wrong with her technique.  That's basically how she said it in between CAI and her saying hyperbole like "I'm glad your parents created you."  Other posters and I have mentioned other things that she could have fixed.  CAI even said that there were technique issues during their first quickstep.  I don't remember if they mentioned it when they were being judged.  I remembered that they didn't say that they broke hold twice and there was a large space between Derek and Bindi.

Julianne is a ballroom expert and should have been able to give more constructive criticism to the dancers.  I don't want her to go the CAI route.  It's sad when I thought Bruno was the most sane judge this season.  I'm glad Len is coming back but I also agree that he's not as strict as he used to be. 

The judges commented on Bindi's shoulders multiple times throughout the season, as early as Week 2 I believe. They commented on her losing the frame when she broke away from Derek, particularly in her Week 2 Tango and the Week 3 Quickstep. And Bruno mentioned her shoulders for the Week 2 Waltz and Carrie Ann did actually call them out on a lift and gave them a 7 for that dance. For the Week 3 Quickstep, true no one mentioned the breaking hold but Julianne did talk about the space between her and Derek and Bindi not having the perfect shoulders back, neck extended, frame. In the later weeks of the season her shoulders came up again and there was of course the whole deal about her not having enough down and sexy hip action in her salsa. 

The judges commented on Bindi's shoulders multiple times throughout the season, as early as Week 2 I believe. They commented on her losing the frame when she broke away from Derek, particularly in her Week 2 Tango and the Week 3 Quickstep. And Bruno mentioned her shoulders for the Week 2 Waltz and Carrie Ann did actually call them out on a lift and gave them a 7 for that dance. For the Week 3 Quickstep, true no one mentioned the breaking hold but Julianne did talk about the space between her and Derek and Bindi not having the perfect shoulders back, neck extended, frame. In the later weeks of the season her shoulders came up again and there was of course the whole deal about her not having enough down and sexy hip action in her salsa. 

I remember the waltz because it looked like a contemporary.  Since they did the waltz in Week 2, an 8 is considered a high score.  So if you take a point off for a lift, then a 7 is fair.

Yes, Bruno brought up the shoulder issue in Week 2.  As others mentioned, Julianne has brought up her shoulders and hips in the last few weeks.  However, as the ballroom expert, she shouldn't have had to look so hard to find something wrong.  Depending on the week, she could have made a critique for things other than shoulders and hips.  To say stuff like she's perfect is just silly.  Critique goes for other dancers too but I don't remember if they were called perfect.  I think giving these kinds of criticisms is educational for viewers and it helps the stars become better dancers.

It sounds like I didn't want Bindi to win.  As I previously mentioned in this thread, Bindi was the most consistent dancer.  She was good and energetic.  Most people loved her personality.  She also was partnered with a popular pro.  That's a winning formula.