Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

On 1/19/2023 at 1:42 PM, dariafan said:

Auto correct Hates me.  A tank top 

A t shirt had to be worn under a tank top 

Thanks. for clearing this up. When I see a word like this I immediately think uh oh another new word that I have to learn the meaning of and how to use it so as to not offend anyone. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

What, do we think, would Robyn actually be able to do for work, assuming repossession of her beloved mansion once the OG3 stop cutting her and Kody in on their paychecks?

Creating and selling jool'ry is obviously out.  I cannot see her in any job where she has to dill with the public.  She has a whiny and petulant personality so sales is out.  Maybe put her in a cubicle somewhere and have her do data entry?  No, she'd get bored and start re-drawing her eyebrows.  Public speaking?  No, if someone disagreed with her she'd call them "sweetie" and get in their face, or dry-cry and start waxing poetic about how her cookie got stolen so nothing that has ever happened is her fault.

I'm stumped.

• LOL 13
On 1/14/2023 at 1:43 PM, Roslyn said:

I see Robyn wanting polygamy the same way as someone is in a group project. The kind of person who manages to get out of working on any part of the project, yet their name is on it and they receive the same grade as the others who fully contributed.

This is a great analogy. Except, everyone gets a B and Robyn gets an A+ cause the teacher thinks she's too pretty to work on the project.

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
Just now, HoneyBeach said:

This is a great analogy. Except, everyone gets a B and Robyn gets an A+ cause the teacher thinks she's too pretty to work on the project.

Or Sobbyn models her latest find from VS.  Worked to rein in horn-dog Kootie.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Or Sobbyn models her latest find from VS.  Worked to rein in horn-dog Kootie.

You mean her "long-legged" jeans? If VS is known for one thing, it's their jeans.🙄

Edited by HoneyBeach
spelling
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

What, do we think, would Robyn actually be able to do for work, assuming repossession of her beloved mansion once the OG3 stop cutting her and Kody in on their paychecks?

Creating and selling jool'ry is obviously out.  I cannot see her in any job where she has to dill with the public.  She has a whiny and petulant personality so sales is out.  Maybe put her in a cubicle somewhere and have her do data entry?  No, she'd get bored and start re-drawing her eyebrows.  Public speaking?  No, if someone disagreed with her she'd call them "sweetie" and get in their face, or dry-cry and start waxing poetic about how her cookie got stolen so nothing that has ever happened is her fault.

I'm stumped.

I think a job at the DMV would be a good fit.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Thanks. for clearing this up. When I see a word like this I immediately think uh oh another new word that I have to learn the meaning of and how to use it so as to not offend anyone. 

Sad thing is when I was there a tank top could be worn if the straps were a certain width.  And that’s now gone.  Going backwards 

• Useful 2
On 1/14/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

I think the horrible things that Robyn said during the third part of the tell all:

• That Kody loved the ex-wives despite their stretch marks and weight
  • That the ex-wives'  actions meant they gave Kody to her
  • That Christine and Janelle broke up the family by not following the protocol rules
  • That Christine and Janelle have shattered her dreams
  • That because of Christine and Janelle she can't sit and rock and watch grandchildren play

made it nearly impossible for Kody to have a civil relationship with his exes and a loving relationship with most of his kids.

Robyn basically razed the family to the ground. Her words, most likely, validated every negative feeling that the ex-wives and children have about Robyn. Even if they could forgive Kody, because he is their father, she ensured that the kids won't be spending much time with Kody and Robyn going forward.

And I believe that this was calculated on Robyn's part and that she wants a monogamous relationship, all of Kody's time and money and to be viewed as a scapegoat. 

It may be that Suki and the editing elves were smarter than we thought. Parts One and Two made it look like Suki was favoring Kody and Robyn. But part three showed just how horrible and deluded Kody and Robyn are. Christine and Janelle came across as more balanced, happier and forward focused.

Now I think the question is whether the Browns can shoot another season together or if TLC even wants them to.

What is really left to show? How a monogamist deals with his exes? How women pick up after a divorce to try to rebuild financially? How children are damaged and thrown in the middle? And now that Robyn is just a stepmom, how bad her relationships are with her step kids? Most of us have seen or experienced this so no need to watch others do it.

It feels like the show has run its course and now we will start to see books/interviews from ex-wives and children.

Isn't that what we have all been waiting for?

Robyn's neck growth?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

From: InTouch Weekly--Not the world's most reliable source.

Before Sister Wives star Robyn Brown found love with Kody Brown, she was married to David Jessop. Keep scrolling to learn about Robyn and David’s marriage, including exclusive details about their divorce.

How Long Was ‘Sister Wives’ Star Robyn Brown Married to David Jessop?

Robyn and David tied the knot in June 1999, while they separated in April 2007. Their divorce was finalized in 2009.

Why Did ‘Sister Wives’ Star Robyn Brown Divorce David Jessop?

According to divorce documents exclusively obtained by In Touch, David was the petitioner in the divorce.

At the time of their divorce, David was 28 years old and worked as a contractor. Meanwhile, Robyn was 29 years old and unemployed. The paperwork states that the reason for their divorce was that their marriage was irretrievably broken and there was serious marital discord.

No property was accumulated during their marriage, while the TLC personality took back her maiden name of Sullivan once the divorce was finalized.

Does ‘Sister Wives’ Star Robyn Brown Share Kids With Her First Husband, David Jessop?

The former couple share three kids together: Dayton, Aurora and Breanna.

Following their split, David was ordered to pay $159 to Robyn per month for all three of their children.

He eventually stopped asking to see their children on a regular basis following the divorce, according to the parenting plan.

Amid her romance with Kody, David contacted Robyn and the court to pursue a stepparent adoption. While he would no longer have to pay child support, David ultimately changed his mind when he learned that the arrangement would prevent him from visitations with his kids.

However, Robyn legally married Kody in 2014 so that he could adopt her three children. Before making their marriage official, Robyn and Kody welcomed their son Solomon in 2011. She later gave birth to their daughter Ariella in 2016.

Inside Sister Wives' Robyn Brown and David Jessop's Divorce: Everything We Know

David was 30 months behind on child support when the Brown patriarch officially adopted Dayton, Aurora and Breanna.

During a meeting with the children regarding custody, David refused to let the children say they wanted Kody to adopt them. He also accused Robyn of forcing their kids to choose Kody over him.

Following David’s claims, Robyn took Dayton, Aurora and Breanna to a child psychologist. The professional determined that the kids had anxiety when visiting their father.

Does ‘Sister Wives’ Star Robyn Brown Get Along With David Jessop?

It appears that Robyn and David were not on the best terms following their split.

The parenting plan revealed that Robyn was listed as "reality bitch" in David’s phone. Additionally, his family doesn’t have a history of sharing kind words about her.

And just one more note--given that David Jessop was 19 when they married, it sounds like Robyn may have stolen his cookie.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Following David’s claims, Robyn took Dayton, Aurora and Breanna to a child psychologist. The professional determined that the kids had anxiety when visiting their father.

Yet, they went to visit soon after the adoption, right?

• Like 11
On 1/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, Scarlett45 said:

No I don’t think Robyn ever went to college. She met her ex, dated him, conceived Dayton and they got married. 

I heard she went to bakery school. Yanno, to learn how to make the bestest cookie...and what to do when your cookie crumbles...

*bah dum dum dum I'll be here all week folks! Please tip your waitress on the way out*

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 9

The Intouch info was interesting and sure sounds plausible. It does depict David Yessop in a negative daylight for not paying child support and not visiting his kids for instance. According to Robyn and the psychologist, the kids were anxious in his presence. Yet I can’t help but wonder why Yessop did what he did…We haven’t seen many positive sides of Robyn after all and that makes me question her role in this. For example if she actively thwarted his attempts to build a relationship with his kids, he might have responded by not paying and even giving up on them.

Not saying this actually happened, but we have seen Robyn publicly thrash Yessop on the show and seen how she attempted to rewrite history. (The drawing with Kody and her kids) We have also seen how she poisons her kids’ minds with her version of the truths: (During Covid the family wouldn’t adhere to Kody’s strict rules so they could visit, because the family didn’t like them. And then there were the cringe-worthy looks of contempt and anger on Breanna’s and Aurora’s faces when they came to say goodbye to Christine. Christine’s departure wasn’t their problem and they had had no part in it, so what on earth had Robyn told them? Probably that Christine left because of them.)

Now, I’m not saying I’m choosing Yessop’s side here. i’m sure he made a bunch of (horrible) mistakes too. But we have seen enough of Robyn on the show to know that she certainly isn’t the most honest person on the planet  and that she’ll do anything to rewrite history in her favor.

• Like 14
35 minutes ago, LilyD said:

The Intouch info was interesting and sure sounds plausible. It does depict David Yessop in a negative daylight for not paying child support and not visiting his kids for instance. According to Robyn and the psychologist, the kids were anxious in his presence. Yet I can’t help but wonder why Yessop did what he did…We haven’t seen many positive sides of Robyn after all and that makes me question her role in this. For example if she actively thwarted his attempts to build a relationship with his kids, he might have responded by not paying and even giving up on them.

Not saying this actually happened, but we have seen Robyn publicly thrash Yessop on the show and seen how she attempted to rewrite history. (The drawing with Kody and her kids) We have also seen how she poisons her kids’ minds with her version of the truths: (During Covid the family wouldn’t adhere to Kody’s strict rules so they could visit, because the family didn’t like them. And then there were the cringe-worthy looks of contempt and anger on Breanna’s and Aurora’s faces when they came to say goodbye to Christine. Christine’s departure wasn’t their problem and they had had no part in it, so what on earth had Robyn told them? Probably that Christine left because of them.)

Now, I’m not saying I’m choosing Yessop’s side here. i’m sure he made a bunch of (horrible) mistakes too. But we have seen enough of Robyn on the show to know that she certainly isn’t the most honest person on the planet  and that she’ll do anything to rewrite history in her favor.

Great post, I’d never thought about it like that before but your explanation makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Robin’s kids are anxious all the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is what I thought too…Robyn seems to have most of her kids worked into a constant state of anxiety especially back then.  I have know idea if Jessop is crappy or not but in his defense before I told my DH Kody’s name was “Ramen” he used to just refer to him as “Reality Show Bastard Guy”. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

$159 a month support for 3 kids? I don’t have kids but isn’t that really skimpy even like 15 years ago? I mean what’s that 2 pairs of VS jeans? Not that he paid anyway. 

Yes. that barely keeps the kids in soap and toilet paper, but if David Jessop didnt make much money, I could see it. Child support is based on a formula (number of kids, income, custody time etc). I know many people in construction make nice livings, but who knows how much he was making/reporting etc. And he didnt even pay it.

4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I think it's likely David and Robyn were both crappy people, water often seeks its own level, as my grandfather used to say.

• Like 18
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

I lean towards the kids anxiety seeing their dad stemmed from Sobbin.  I have serious doubts she let their relationship with David flourish.  Not that I think he is a saint, he married that wench after all, I just think WAY worse of her.  

• Like 17
59 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I lean towards the kids anxiety seeing their dad stemmed from Sobbin.  I have serious doubts she let their relationship with David flourish.  Not that I think he is a saint, he married that wench after all, I just think WAY worse of her.  

Well. David did steal the cream from the neighbors cow. Then the neighbor made him buy the cow, but the jokes on David because the neighbor wanted rid of that cow anyway...

• LOL 14
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well when she left him she moved to St. George, which is almost a 12 hour drive.  Then Las Vegas was a 13 hour drive.  Kind of hard to have any visitation when your kids live that far away.  

I think they were too much alike to get along.  Was a doomed relationship from the start.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

FWIW, a long time ago, I read that the visitation agreement was to meet at a point halfway between Jessop's residence and Robyn's. When she was in Lehi, it was 7h47m one way. When they moved to LV, it became a 13h16m trip, one way. Iirc, this was an issue for him, along with having trouble paying support. 

I'm not passing any judgment here. It's what I remember from reading old blogs. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

Well, I can see how a 13-hour- one way trip can be an issue if you want to visit your kids, or relatives or friends in general. Particularly when money is tight and you cannot afford plane tickets or possibly even the trip by car. It does set Jessop's lack of interest and limited visiting in a new light: Was he really not interested or simply unable to visit them?

I tend to agree with the assertion of my fellow posters; they were probably "a perfect match made in hell' and likely shared the blame for their failed marriage and the mistakes after. But Robyn's attempt to rewrite history and thrash her ex (thus the kids' dad) on national tv is such an incredible low blow. It makes me wonder how the kids felt about that and about themselves (if dad is so bad, does that make me a bad person too?) The only real victims are the kids, definitely not Robyn as she so desperately wants us to believe. 

• Like 14
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, I can see how a 13-hour- one way trip can be an issue if you want to visit your kids, or relatives or friends in general. Particularly when money is tight and you cannot afford plane tickets or possibly even the trip by car. It does set Jessop's lack of interest and limited visiting in a new light: Was he really not interested or simply unable to visit them?

I tend to agree with the assertion of my fellow posters; they were probably "a perfect match made in hell' and likely shared the blame for their failed marriage and the mistakes after. But Robyn's attempt to rewrite history and thrash her ex (thus the kids' dad) on national tv is such an incredible low blow. It makes me wonder how the kids felt about that and about themselves (if dad is so bad, does that make me a bad person too?) The only real victims are the kids, definitely not Robyn as she so desperately wants us to believe. 

In the grueling 3hr long Paedon interview thingy, he said Dayton was saving $ so he could buy a house in MT. Things that make ya go hmmm...

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think he went on a summer trip camping Not sure how long it was for.

I think it was three weeks long. I seem to remember Robyn posting about it. 
Paedon said that he hoped Dayton could find his freedom from Robyn one day and that he likes Dayton and thinks he’s a great guy.

• Like 8

Robyn has chosen to live her life being dependent upon a man to support her. 
First husband that she trapped with a pregnancy didn’t work out so she split.

Married kody then rilly married kody and didn’t work a day after, somehow ended up with a nanny.

now that that’s all imploding and the money is drying up, she’ll either:

1) decide Kody is mentally ill and abusive as soon as sniffs out her next husband, she’ll be the victim who has to flee. 
2) stick it out with Kody until Dayton is old enough to be saddled with her - when she sends kody to a home or he passes.

But either way, God help whoever Dayton decides to be with, because Robyn will be the mother in law from hell.
She can be as loving and open minded as they come with other wives kids, but watch and see what happens if any of hers do anything to jeopardize her old lady income. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Option 1) doesn't seem likely. 

She is no longer the lithe, winsome woman that attracted Kody.  She will have the added burden of at least 4 kids likely to be dependent on her forever.  One of them a hellraiser that dictates the family sleeping patterns.

Her scent has turned to stench.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Option 1) doesn't seem likely. 

She is no longer the lithe, winsome woman that attracted Kody.  She will have the added burden of at least 4 kids likely to be dependent on her forever.  One of them a hellraiser that dictates the family sleeping patterns.

Her scent has turned to stench.

❤️ this post, especially the last sentence!  

It surprised me when Paedon said he liked AROARa.  If looks could kill, Christine would have perished at that ill-advised goodbye thing that Mykelti set up.  I remember early on that Sobbyn said Paedon bullied her kids, so it's nice that he likes Day-Un.  Day-Un seemingly will never be allowed to be free of helicopter Sobbyn, which is a real shame.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

In the grueling 3hr long Paedon interview thingy, he said Dayton was saving $ so he could buy a house in MT. Things that make ya go hmmm...

Oh lordy, I can see it now, Robyn making the fambily pack up again and move to Montana because Dayton moves there, of course she blame them having to move on everyone else

• Like 11
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Can you imagine being the boyfriend Dayton brings home to mama?

That would prob work out better bc Mama R wouldn’t be competing as much with a male partner as a female. Not insinuating anything incesty of sexual, I just think Robyn automatically, unconsciously is in competition with any female she encounters. 
Ive always wondered what part of the spectrum Dayton is actually on. She makes it out like he needs a lot of coddling and protection, but he seems pretty independent and more capable than she wants to give credit. She’s just controlling. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

I have no idea how much of this video is true. If it's true, OMG... Preston and his family are so lucky to be rid of her. I said it before and I'll say it again. Robyn is a snake and will destroy anyone that she comes in contact with. She stole from the other wives for ten years, plus she destroyed their marriages,  but look, they got away and still have their kids. Who she is going to destroy the most is Kody and her kids. I couldn't care less about Kody, he has it coming. I do feel bad for her poor kids.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Can you imagine being the boyfriend Dayton brings home to mama?

Or home to Kody? I don’t know how accepting Kody would be if one of his male kids came out as queer or trans.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, Roslyn said:

Well. David did steal the cream from the neighbors cow. Then the neighbor made him buy the cow, but the jokes on David because the neighbor wanted rid of that cow anyway...

My sister made a point. Robyn said she gave her purity to someone and he threw it on the ground.  But didn’t Davis Jessop mArry her and make a family?

Which begs the question, did someone ELse steal her purity? I can’t remember that speech clearly.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
On 1/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Just Wondering said:

My sister made a point. Robyn said she gave her purity to someone and he threw it on the ground.  But didn’t Davis Jessop mArry her and make a family?

Which begs the question, did someone ELse steal her purity? I can’t remember that speech clearly.

Yeah but David and she divorced, and now her marriage to Kody was her "true marriage" and he was the one to whom she should've given her purity.

Robyn is a SNAKE IN THE GRASS without a lie, but even coming from a nice normal woman, who became pregnant and married the guy because she thought it was the best thing to do, often regrets it later, even if she marries again someone she actually loves and wants to be with. Not that she regrets her children, because she loves them, but the entire experience with the MAN caused her distress.

I have noticed women carry a LOT of trauma related to the fathers of their children, my Mom says I cannot understand because I am childfree, and there are so many social and biological reasons for this, but when you have a child with someone and they hurt you, it cuts differently. Even if you are able to move on and meet someone else later, you carry the hurt. (not everyone of course but a lot of people)

So although I dont trust Robyn, I can believe she was upset she married David (although she doesnt regret Dayton, Aurora or Breanna), but her kids were the only good thing she got out of the relationship, and the kids feel like HERS not THEIRS.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
On 1/24/2023 at 8:17 AM, laurakaye said:

I'm stumped.

Astronaut?  We could send her to the moon!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 1/27/2023 at 3:41 PM, Scarlett45 said:

So although I dont trust Robyn, I can believe she was upset she married David (although she doesnt regret Dayton, Aurora or Breanna), but her kids were the only good thing she got out of the relationship, and the kids feel like HERS not THEIRS.

Loved your post and it is a great analysis of what probably goes through the minds of  a lot of women who have divorced the father of their children. 

But as a child from divorced parents who had the utmost contempt for each other, I can tell saying such things really hurt a lot and makes you question certain characteristics in yourself. So, I have little patience for parents that thrash each other through their kids. 

Robyn can say whatever she likes and I am sure she considers her 3 oldest as hers (and quite possibly Kody and hers) but they will always be related to Jessop too, even if it's biologically only. And that should be respected. It was Robyn's and David's fight and she should have left her kids out of it....

• Like 13
On 1/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, LilyD said:

Loved your post and it is a great analysis of what probably goes through the minds of  a lot of women who have divorced the father of their children. 

But as a child from divorced parents who had the utmost contempt for each other, I can tell saying such things really hurt a lot and makes you question certain characteristics in yourself. So, I have little patience for parents that thrash each other through their kids. 

Robyn can say whatever she likes and I am sure she considers her 3 oldest as hers (and quite possibly Kody and hers) but they will always be related to Jessop too, even if it's biologically only. And that should be respected. It was Robyn's and David's fight and she should have left her kids out of it....

Oh yes absolutely. Children should not have to carry that emotional burden at all. I was just saying that I didn’t think Robyn was lying or exaggerating about her pain over her marriage to David. I can believe she is a snake in the grass and yet believe these feelings are genuine, just based on what I have seen in my life from women (and men too) that I know to be much better people and more morally upstanding than Robyn. 

• Like 6
On 1/24/2023 at 9:27 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

At the time of their divorce, David was 28 years old and worked as a contractor

David worked as a *contractor* yet they were extremely poor (according to Robyn) and his child support was so low???

Contractors usually make really good money so I wonder if that's not correct or he didn't take on a lot of jobs. Unless he was doing a lot of work under the table w/family and any legit work that he could claim for taxes, etc was on the lower end? (I guess that would fit with the bleed the beast "rules" they all seemed to live by).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

David worked as a *contractor* yet they were extremely poor (according to Robyn) and his child support was so low???

Might be another one of those creative job titles of which they are so fond.  As I recall, Dayun's Linkedin resume has lots of fanciful names for jobs that were essentially being a gofer for the show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2