Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Sorry, as much as it PAINS ME to agree with the Devil's sensai, I do.  Perhaps she had already trained her kids to ask first before snarfing down food.  Maybe the others weren't trained in that manner.

When I was growing up we ate 3 meals a day; snacking between meals was frowned upon unless we were involved in sports, or helping mom in the garden or yard. Boy, I wish I could back to that strict food regimen.  😕

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I like "devil's sensai."  It's a fitting nickname for the Dark Queen.  😄

How else would she have afforded that Hawaii trip, with her best customer?  I just tend to hate everything she (and Kootie) do.  Christine was told to save her grocery money.  Look how her anniversary trip went, taking the freaking therapist, and Kootie telling her "love my family, and I will love you."

What he meant:  kiss Sobbyn's ass, and I may throw you a bone (or grace you with my pencil 🤮) once during a lunar eclipse.  Jackass.  😡

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can admit that so many families do things differently, not better or worse, just differently-

and although the idea of having to ask permission to have food or snacks is quite foreign to me (when I was little, like under 10 I had to ask permission to use the stove), I think people are not upset that Robyn may have wanted the kids to ask first. This is ROBYN. I doubt she was polite about it! She probably bitched to the kids how they ate too much food, stop being greedy etc etc and shamed them for asking when they were hungry or thirsty. 

• Like 10

My mom worked outside the home. From about the age of 10, one of my chores was to peel the vegetables for dinner. 

My younger brother and I were free to have a snack of fruit or a sandwich. We never kept chips or cheezie junk foods in the house. We knew better than to cut into a pie or cake planned for a dessert...but if iit was already cut, a small snitch was never missed.🤩

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can admit that so many families do things differently, not better or worse, just differently-

and although the idea of having to ask permission to have food or snacks is quite foreign to me (when I was little, like under 10 I had to ask permission to use the stove), I think people are not upset that Robyn may have wanted the kids to ask first. This is ROBYN. I doubt she was polite about it! She probably bitched to the kids how they ate too much food, stop being greedy etc etc and shamed them for asking when they were hungry or thirsty. 

Totally foreign to me as well!

• Like 6

I can only approach the Robyn situation from the point of view of a friend of mine who had five teenage boys at home at one time.  Their food bill was beyond astronomical until she came home from work early and found FIFTEEN teenage boys in her kitchen eating their fill.  They bought a second fridge that weekend and locked it and put a locking cabinet in the garage.  Every night she stocked the kitchen fridge and cabinet with sufficient food for the sons and friends to have a reasonable after school snack.  Their food bill was still obscene to me, but in a range they could accept.  

My kids were never bad about snacks maybe because it was fruit and sliced vegetables.  Chips, cookies, cake, etc weren't to be found in my house.  When my mom visited there would be brownies.  I could see Meri not having a lot of kids over and not having fun snacks.  Janelle's house I'm not sure.  Christine would be home to monitor the food situation so maybe Robyn has a secret penchant for junk food she wanted to protect.  There is also Robyn never seemed to like the other kids and is a control freak so she was probably very strict with what her kids were allowed also.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I believe she shamed Ysabel for wanting a bowl of cereal.  Greedy and selfish, and that's why she's the only wife left.  What Sobbyn wants, Sobbyn gets.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Robyn always complains her kids aren’t accepted and are victims, etc., but then has a hissy and declines when other wives offered to babysit, other kids come over and act comfortable like they’re at home, etc. If Kody ever had enough sense to see that, it would’ve been a game changer.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2023 at 6:54 PM, LilyD said:

In Kody's thread I read several posts about Robyn's infamous note on the fridge. I'm wondering: did it really specifically refer to all the other kids (meaning her own kids were free to grab whatever they needed?)

I can understand  a note on the fridge if it applies to all: My three kids empty my fridge and pantry with the speed of light, and I often found myself missing out on essentials, or stuff that I specifically bought for a meal or dessert, which was very annoying. Snacks and cookies are an absolute nightmare! So, as a rule they now have to ask. Not because they need permission, but because it helps me to keep track of where the food goes☺️

So from Robyn's point of view, I get a note. But specifically excluding other kids within your family, particularly if you profess to be their mom too, that's beyond me! 

I completely agree. And I agree that different families have different rules on this.

AND

The Browns were claiming they were a single family and Janelle and Kody were buying the food in Robyn's fridge. Add to that Robyn was happy to have the older kids (like Mykelti) watch her kids so she could spend time resting up for a conjugal visit from her best customer (She was too pretty to cook).

Shady.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Same here, when I was growing up we were allowed to eat whatever we wanted, we were all skinny kids and hated to stop playing long enough to eat so I guess my mom knew we wouldn’t empty the fridge or cupboards snacking.

I remember the first time I went to a friends house after school and she wasn’t allowed to  have anything, there was a box of mandarine oranges and I asked if we could have one, my friend looked terrified and said “NO!” And that her mom counted them every day to make sure the kids hadn’t eaten any!  

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 1
On 8/11/2023 at 4:12 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I believe she shamed Ysabel for wanting a bowl of cereal.  Greedy and selfish, and that's why she's the only wife left.  What Sobbyn wants, Sobbyn gets.

And she'll have to eat her cereal by herself.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Ridiculous typo
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Sorry, as much as it PAINS ME to agree with the Devil's sensai, I do.  Perhaps she had already trained her kids to ask first before snarfing down food.  Maybe the others weren't trained in that manner.

My POV, Robyn came into an established family where all the kids eat from all the fridges. That was their norm and Robyn refused to go along with it. But I bet she had no problem with her kids eating from everyone else’s fridge. That’s not fair. If Robyn truly did pay for her second honeymoon in Hawaii by using her grocery money, she accomplished that by denying food to the OG kids and sending her children elsewhere to eat to save money. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

My POV, Robyn came into an established family where all the kids eat from all the fridges. That was their norm and Robyn refused to go along with it. But I bet she had no problem with her kids eating from everyone else’s fridge. That’s not fair. If Robyn truly did pay for her second honeymoon in Hawaii by using her grocery money, she accomplished that by denying food to the OG kids and sending her children elsewhere to eat to save money. 

Perhaps, but it's still Robyn's home and I would presume that, when it comes to her kitchen that she makes the rules.  I can't see Meri letting the kids running amok through her food supply, or her even keeping snacks for the kids all of the time.  She may have, I don't know. What the other moms did as the norm was on them.  They're adults, if Robyn's kids were eating their food without reciprocal privileges, then that's on them.  😉

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

In Robyn's defense she probably had a limited food budget at that point and as she said, it was meant to be a snack, not a meal.

As I recall, the note said "without asking first".  Could be that visiting kids wolfed down something she had planned for dinner or her own kid's packed lunches for the next day. 

• Like 6

I used to tell my daughter and her friends what they couldn't have.  Our refrigerator was usually up for grabs, unless I said to leave such and such alone.  I never had a problem, but then I didn't have an army traipsing through my kitchen on the regular.

Considering how selfish Sobbyn has been "since day one," I think her stinginess kicked in.  But maybe I'm wrong...

• Like 5
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Considering how selfish Sobbyn has been "since day one," I think her stinginess kicked in.  But maybe I'm wrong...

She was trying to save on her "groshrey" money for a trip for her and her best customer.

• LOL 9

Some threads were renamed over the past few months but what about this one? 

Robyn Brown her sister wives have a closet. Which sister wives? She no longer has any, so maybe it's time to rename this one too?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Robyn Brown her sister wives have a closet. Which sister wives? She no longer has any, so maybe it's time to rename this one too?

She-Ra Reigns Alone

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, LilyD said:

@Scarlett45 ?

• Like 2
On 8/16/2023 at 6:18 PM, LilyD said:

Haha. Kody posts from the closet. Hers or his? Lol

• LOL 5

Copied from the Kody thread:

On 7/29/2023 at 4:49 PM, Teri313 said:

According to Gwen, the older girls snubbed her invitation. Per this article:

https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-robyn-kids-attend-gwen-wedding-festivities/

"In a recent YouTube video, Gwen shared that her half-siblings from Kody's legal marriage to Robyn wouldn't be in attendance when it came to her wedding celebrations. Even though Gwen still very much lives in Flagstaff, she doesn't run into her extended family often. The newly engaged Gwen revealed that she had extended an invitation to Breanna and Aurora, but both sisters turned down the offer to attend, with Gwen sharing they don't think it would've been a "safe space" for them."

So does this situation with Breanna and Aurora turning down Gwen's invite to her wedding (because they didn't think it would be a safe space for them) make more sense now knowing about the Christmas text that blew the family apart? It also might explain why Robyn turned away from Gwen when she tried to hug her at the wedding, and why they didn't bring Sol and Ari. Does that make sense? (I admit, I'm bad with SW timelines. They give me a headache.)

• Like 10
11 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Seems like two years should be enough time to get over Christmas Textgate of 2021.  But this is the Browns so....

I think it’s likely Robyn’s adult kids don’t like Gwen and did not want to attend. Which is their right, but I think Kody and Robyn should’ve brought the little ones, at least to visit with the siblings that live out of town. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Seems like two years should be enough time to get over Christmas Textgate of 2021.  But this is the Browns so....

My mother and her older sister are separated by 3 years.  After lots of thoughts about my childhood and all the family issues I came to the conclusion that my aunt hated my mother because she was born and they were at odds (and pulled everyone into their bickering) for their entire lives.

Some people hold on to the grudges into their next life I think.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1

A thought on Robyn’s hoarding:

People who do this, have often been through financial hardship and/or housing issues. When their living conditions and financial situation improve, they sometimes develop a tendency to flaunt their new-found wealth by surrounding themselves with “luxurious” stuff, which often has a tacky edge to it. They go completely over the top and often in poor taste. Almost as if they’re reinventing themselves. Also, the purchases help to affirm their financial situation. Robyn reminds me of such people. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 4

What is the deal about being afraid that they would not be in a safe space? The people at the wedding for the most part are Briana's and Aurora's siblings, the sister wives and Beatriz's family and a few friends. Just what the hell are these two grown young women afraid of? Maybe that they will be attacked by a rowdy crowd?  Robyn holding herself and her spawn on such a high pedestal that they feel unsafe at their sisters wedding is pretty telling. The way that Robyn has stunted their social and emotional growth will not serve them well in real life situations where they are not treated like princesses waiting to be rescued by  prince charming.  

• Like 11
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What is the deal about being afraid that they would not be in a safe space? The people at the wedding for the most part are Briana's and Aurora's siblings, the sister wives and Beatriz's family and a few friends. Just what the hell are these two grown young women afraid of? Maybe that they will be attacked by a rowdy crowd?  Robyn holding herself and her spawn on such a high pedestal that they feel unsafe at their sisters wedding is pretty telling. The way that Robyn has stunted their social and emotional growth will not serve them well in real life situations where they are not treated like princesses waiting to be rescued by  prince charming.  

I had the same reaction to this story as you. But as this season moved along and we found out about the Christmas text debacle, and how Robyn felt she had to jump in and "defend" her kids and the whole thing blew up, I began to suspect that that's what they were talking about. They didn't feel "safe" at Gwen's wedding because of the fight. I'm sure Robyn did her usual emotional manipulation and got them freaked out about their evil siblings. If Robyn wasn't involved in that decision, she and Kody would have taken Ari and Sol to the wedding with them, but they didn't. Clearly Robyn doesn't think it's safe for any of her kids. Also, the use of the word safe by this family in general has always been a bit perplexing and melodramatic, IMO. I think they picked it up in their Nancy days. 

Edited by Teri313
Forgot a few words...
  • Like 8

It's possible that Robyn did not want Sol and Ari to know that two women could be in love and marry. I can imagine she would not want them exposed to the idea, nor have to answer their questions. I didn't buy her "support" when Leon came out. I hope that if one of her kids is LBGTQ+ that she would continue to love them, but I have my doubts. 

• Like 10
8 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Also, the use of the word safe by this family in general has always been a bit perplexing and melodramatic, IMO. 

It's their excuse for getting out of anything they don't want to do.  Those kids will be seriously stunted in their ability to function in the real world. Having some pseudo-siblings that they don't know very well is the least of them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
7 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

It's possible that Robyn did not want Sol and Ari to know that two women could be in love and marry. I can imagine she would not want them exposed to the idea, nor have to answer their questions. I didn't buy her "support" when Leon came out. I hope that if one of her kids is LBGTQ+ that she would continue to love them, but I have my doubts. 

I think that is a strong possibility. And God knows what Ari would have done and said. She probably would have marched up to Gwen and loudly proclaimed you can't marry another girl, go find a man and just start dating. Remember how she acted during the Christine family goodbye.  

• Like 17

I wonder what the relationship was like with her father’s other family   Because she spews a lot of stuff, and none of it seems to be from anyone’s reality. And she sure does feel like she is entitled to a certain way of life 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder what the relationship was like with her father’s other family   Because she spews a lot of stuff, and none of it seems to be from anyone’s reality. And she sure does feel like she is entitled to a certain way of life 

So I've been rewatching, and I have some thoughts on this. 

Robyn says a lot of stuff like, "I've worked all my life for this, and I deserve it," and "I've always imagined this and I'm finally here."

Her story (whether it's true or just her self-perception) is one of struggle in spite of "God's promise" to her, and surviving through that struggle (her first marriage) as making her inherently worthy. It's her dessiny... (a term she uses a ton. She believes she was destined for this plural fambily). 

In spite of being the world's biggest victim, Robyn also has a very romanticized view of Kody, the fambily, herself, her dessiny, her sittin' thar, and polygamy. The very first thing she said on camera was "Kody's my soulmate." And then there's the whole purity speech... bleh.

She also seems to indicate (at least in the earlier years) she feels that Kody and the fambily are some wort of reward she got for sittin' there being faithful.  She believes God rewards for being good (and not just in the eternal life, but in the here and now - which is why she prayed for a kabillion-bedroom rennal), and that she's good and deserves God's rewards. She also believes she works SO hard, which also makes her worthy. 

That she sees Kody, the houses, the fambily, the sister wives as "rewards" tells me that she views them as her "things" and not as people with their own will, needs, desires, and ideas. They're just things God has gifted her, but the story is about her, not them. Witness how she reacted to Meri wanting to go back to college ("I feel like a little girl who wants to have fun and play and my friend doesn't want to play with me."), or how she has reacted with such shock over Christine and Janelle leaving, or how she continues to helicopter her adult "children." She has no sense of them as separate from her own wants, needs, and desires. I truly think she sees everyone in her life as "things" she was "given" by God as her "reward" for stuff that happened in her life. Could be wrong, but I've been watching her closely on rewatch. It's very... interesting.

(I noticed I said Kody is some wort of a reward instead of some sort of a reward. Thought about editing it, but realized even though it's a misspelling of wart, it's sort of true.)

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, dariafan said:

Ignoring all her many faults , one thing I really hate about her was how she got meri to no go back to school. 

That's just it tho. Meri did go back to take classes at UNLV. At least one, maybe two, but that was all. About a year later that she jumped with both feet into Lularoe.

It was only briefly mentioned in one of the filler episodes that seem to come and go on streaming sites called "All about Meri". Meri mentioned that she did go back, but not that fall. And during the catfish era, Meri was in class doodling "Samuel Cooper" in her notebook and sending a pic to JO aka "Sam".

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7