Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

That's just it tho. Meri did go back to take classes at UNLV. At least one, maybe two, but that was all. About a year later that she jumped with both feet into Lularoe.

I thought Logan gave her a tour, she registered for 2 classes, but dropped them before the semester started. Or am I mixing it up?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can’t wait… 

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

Great, but I don't think there will be any hair left on the head beyond the mouth and chin.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 4
  • LOL 11
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I thought Logan gave her a tour, she registered for 2 classes, but dropped them before the semester started. Or am I mixing it up?

Oddly I can't even go back and recheck. There were filler episodes before the "divorce" storyline dropped called "All About __insert wife__". Two are available on my Prime and I have never saw the other two until I subscribed to Discovery+. The "All About Meri" episode is now no where to be found on either. And Robyn's episode is now "Robyn behind the scenes". 🙄

I used to be able to rely on my recall...but these days not so much. Ugh.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
34 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I hear ya! But honestly the crazymaking way this family operates...saying one thing...doing another...rewriting history..."defending" themselves against made up attacks.... gaslighting...misusing the word "gaslighting"  it's impossible for anyone to easily recall what we've seen.

• Like 11
On 10/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, ginger90 said:

I recall Logan giving someone a tour, maybe Meri but am very sure Meri did not attend the campus.

Meri took a few online courses coinciding with her catfish adventure. The course work online gave her a reason to be glued to her laptop all day and night.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
On 10/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, dariafan said:

I wonder what the relationship was like with her father’s other family   Because she spews a lot of stuff, and none of it seems to be from anyone’s reality. And she sure does feel like she is entitled to a certain way of life 

Anyone know who they are?  Do they know dad had another family?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 10/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, ginger90 said:

20 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Oddly I can't even go back and recheck. There were filler episodes before the "divorce" storyline dropped called "All About __insert wife__". Two are available on my Prime and I have never saw the other two until I subscribed to Discovery+. The "All About Meri" episode is now no where to be found on either. And Robyn's episode is now "Robyn behind the scenes". 🙄

Are you talking about the Season 8 episode, "Meri: Behind the Scenes"?

If so, while the episode is not listed on the IMdB Sister Wives Season 8 page, it seems to be available for streaming if you go at it just right. It's just a little tricky.

For example, I subscribe to Discovery+ through my Amazon Prime account. On Amazon's Discovery+ page for Sister Wives season 8, S8 E101: "Robyn - Behind The Scenes" is listed at the end of all the season 8 episode, and Meri's episode isn't there, like so...

SisterWivesSeason8DiscoveryonAmazon.thumb.jpg.dce45a35a16653c4402e6e75e49ef8c0.jpg

However, if you click on the "Extras" tab above all the season 8 episodes, it brings you to the Meri episode (and with my subscription, I did not need to pay to play it, despite the "More Purchase Options").

I didn't watch the whole thing, I just tested out whether it would play, so I don't know if it's the episode that features Logan giving Meri the campus tour.

SmallerSisterWivesSeason8ExtrasDiscoveryonAmazon.thumb.jpg.97c13279db847d5dcb7da7173b632d9e.jpg

Similarly, if you have MAX (fka HBO Max), go to Sister Wives Season 8, and then go to Extras. There, you'll find both the "Meri: Behind the Scenes" and "Robyn: Behind the Scenes" episodes. 

TestMaxSisterWivesSeason8Extras.thumb.jpg.42fc70ef31120686918f3203eacb7c37.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Maybe kootie head needs to go to a community college or something.   Learn the actual use of the words he misuses.  He told janelle he didn’t see savannah because he does his business in the evening.  And sol and ari are at school during the day.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Are you talking about the Season 8 episode, "Meri: Behind the Scenes"?

If so, while the episode is not listed on the IMdB Sister Wives Season 8 page, it seems to be available for streaming if you go at it just right. It's just a little tricky.

For example, I subscribe to Discovery+ through my Amazon Prime account. On Amazon's Discovery+ page for Sister Wives season 8, S8 E101: "Robyn - Behind The Scenes" is listed at the end of all the season 8 episode, and Meri's episode isn't there, like so...

SisterWivesSeason8DiscoveryonAmazon.thumb.jpg.dce45a35a16653c4402e6e75e49ef8c0.jpg

However, if you click on the "Extras" tab above all the season 8 episodes, it brings you to the Meri episode (and with my subscription, I did not need to pay to play it, despite the "More Purchase Options").

I didn't watch the whole thing, I just tested out whether it would play, so I don't know if it's the episode that features Logan giving Meri the campus tour.

SmallerSisterWivesSeason8ExtrasDiscoveryonAmazon.thumb.jpg.97c13279db847d5dcb7da7173b632d9e.jpg

Similarly, if you have MAX (fka HBO Max), go to Sister Wives Season 8, and then go to Extras. There, you'll find both the "Meri: Behind the Scenes" and "Robyn: Behind the Scenes" episodes. 

TestMaxSisterWivesSeason8Extras.thumb.jpg.42fc70ef31120686918f3203eacb7c37.jpg

Bingo!! Thank you. 😁

So. Since I have nothing else to do this afternoon except stir the three gallons of pasta sauce simmering on my stove...I re-watched it.

We were all right in a way. Yes, Meri signed up for two fall classes and then dropped them. AND there was B-roll footage while she was talking that showed Logan and Meri on campus. AND then she said that she signed up for a Spring class and was planning to take one class at a time.

And since this is actually the Robyn thread...I will then mention just how much talking Robyn does on the couch in the "Meri" episode. 🙄

Also...wow. It's such a big difference watching them after these last seasons since the Covid season. Whatever has gone on in their lives off camera has made all of them guarded with those walls up and razor wire on top. Just. Wow. The biggest changes are in Robyn and Kody...but Christine is noticeably different as well.

• Like 6
  • Useful 7
On 10/4/2023 at 4:50 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I can’t wait… 

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

That's WAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much hair on Douchecanoe's head in his old age! But pretty funny!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 1/24/2023 at 7:27 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

During a meeting with the children regarding custody, David refused to let the children say they wanted Kody to adopt them. He also accused Robyn of forcing their kids to choose Kody over him.

Following David’s claims, Robyn took Dayton, Aurora and Breanna to a child psychologist. The professional determined that the kids had anxiety when visiting their father

I realize I am late reading this, but I have to comment on Robyn's parenting. I don't believe her kids experienced anxiety visiting their father, but I do believe she has brainwashed her kids with respect to how they respond to general issues in life.

Robyn hovers over her kids and ascribes to them diagnoses of anxiety, panic attacks, breathing issues, etc. if they blink or question anything. She's successfully molding them into mini Robyns -  victims who have no control over their lives and can only respond to what's happening around them.

Meanwhile, any kids with real issues or health problems are ignored by their father, (in favor of her older, "fragile" kids.)

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2023 at 4:49 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Robyn cried, gulped, snotted and whined as she told how she’d never had a crib for any of her babies until King Sol was born.. 

I can't imagine a mother openly complaining that she did not have a crib for her three children when they were born. Seriously? I don't believe Robyn at all because there's no way a mother would allow that to happen, IF the kids weren't with her in bed.. Robyn acts as though bad things just happen to her, and that she has no independent ability to change her situation. She got her million dollar home by digging in her heels and refusing any other options. I don't believe she's a victim of anything except her own manipulations. And karma has shown her that she now has ALL of her man.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, LilyD said:

A thought on Robyn’s hoarding:

Then she and Kody can experience bliss, hoarding together because I wasn't aware of Kody's accumulation of "stuff" until Christine moved his junk into the garage. That's when I learned he has tons of stuff at each wife's house. I imagine their "monogamous mansion" is full to the brim, but I'd LOVE for producers to insist they film indoors from now on, (or they don't get paid))

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2023 at 2:50 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I can’t wait… 

IMG_6682.jpeg

No way will Kody have this hair. I've been noticing his shiny scalp showing predominantly through his stringy curls. No amount of blow drying will help him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/1/2023 at 7:01 AM, 65mickey said:

I think that is a strong possibility. And God knows what Ari would have done and said. She probably would have marched up to Gwen and loudly proclaimed you can't marry another girl, go find a man and just start dating. Remember how she acted during the Christine family goodbye.  

Remember Aspyn's engagement announcement? Little bitty Ari held up her index finger and said "One time". 

On 10/4/2023 at 2:24 PM, Natalie68 said:

Anyone know who they are?  Do they know dad had another family?

I would think so, because Mindy is Robyn's stepsister Lisa's daughter. Lisa's biodad is Paul Sullivan. Lisa's mom Carol is Paul's (legal) wife.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 9/6/2023 at 7:22 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s likely Robyn’s adult kids don’t like Gwen and did not want to attend. Which is their right, but I think Kody and Robyn should’ve brought the little ones, at least to visit with the siblings that live out of town. 

I'm guessing Sobbyn didn't think it was a SAFE environment fir the TENDERS because, yanno...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I wonder how much like her father kootie is ?  Or her perception since he lived in another state ?    Also I don’t think Robyn is a nice person in general and that’s why she has no friends and no one wants to hang around her     How draining is she in real life if this is what she shows on the telly?

Edited by dariafan
Didn’t finish my thought. Damn adhd
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’m surprised crybrows sends ari to school.  Too many chances someone could call her a pest   And what is she in now 2nd grade ?  

She turns 8 in January and still uses a pacifier. Kody and Sobbyn were called on the first day of school for Ari being a pest to a little girl and she wouldn't leave her alone. They tried to lie on the show and say the teacher called to say what a good friend Ari was being to this girl,  but they got busted lying about it. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Lawdy!  Will your second grade teacher ALLOW you to have a binkie in your mouth all the livelong day?

Hell, my second grade teacher didn't want me to be left handed!  My parents had to have a talk with her about that.  I'm still left handed, sixty years later!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Lawdy!  Will your second grade teacher ALLOW you to have a binkie in your mouth all the livelong day?

I doubt it.  I wouldn't allow them in my pre-school classroom.  It's simply another example of the non-parenting of the "precious baby" of the family.  They seem to infantilize her to an extreme. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

That kid is going to give Douchie & Crybrows a run for their money in about 3 years.  Just wait until she's a teenager!

Just wait til they get the bills from the orthodontist with the prolonged pacifier usage. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

I wonder if binky-sucker still co-sleeps with Crybrows and Kootie?  I never believed in doing that, even though we had a king sized bed then.  Daughter always slept in her crib or bassinet.  We could roll the bassinet into our room when needed.  

I too think Ari is going to give them fits as a teenager, just by the way they coddle her now.  

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, dariafan said:

Also I don’t think Robyn is a nice person in general and that’s why she has no friends and no one wants to hang around her   

It took me about five seconds of her originals screen time to know Robyn is a fake, manipulative person who cannot be trusted. I wouldn’t want that sneaky witch around me or mine. Her sole mission is to take whatever she things someone else has, then wonder why they get upset. She’s that girl I’m high school who makes fun of a guy until her friend shows interest in him, then she does everything she can to lure him away.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

I've been thinking about Robyn way too much lately - specifically her saying she wants to have the close, fun relationship with Meri that Meri and Jen have, but seeing that in the 13+ years this show has been on the air, Robyn has done ZERO to create that relationship with Meri, or really any relationship with anyone besides Kody. 

I have come to the conclusion that Robyn is not lying or being intentionally selfish and manipulative as much as she just has a very poor emotional intelligence (EQ).  This is why she is so baffled by how other people feel or why they feel that way.  She just doesn't get it and her whining about not understanding why the family is fallling apart is 100% genuine.  To quote Jennifer Anniston, she is "missing a sensitivity chip." 

It would explain why she is (in my opinion) genuinely surprised to learn (after like 10 years) that there was all this unhappiness and discord in the family.  I don't think she is pretending to feel tricked ... I think this stuff just didn't register in her head the way it might have to someone else. 

It also explains why she goes on and on about wanting these relationships, yet she has done nothing to actually invest in others or try to create real relationships.  As if just saying you want this close bond is going to make it exist, and when other people don't feel close to her or treat her the way she expects, she's all confused.  It's how she could sit on Christine's porch and seriously ask her if she wanted to try to repair their relationship when they have had no relationship at all, ever. 

I believe the only reason she gets along so well with Kody is because she has such a dependent personality, which is like nectar for a narcissistic partner - she is so selfless, always putting him first, defending him against everyone and everything, applauding every time he farts.  And in turn she gets anything she wants from him because she is so "loyal."  Approval, attention, time, material goods.  A nanny.   They reinforce each other other's worst personalty traits.   

I don't doubt that Robyn controls Kody more than he realizes, but I don't think it is part of a calulated scheme on her part.  I think she has just lucked into finding a narcissist who is so universally disliked, he has become just as dependent on her for approval and adoration as she is on him for support, and therefore he is easy to control.  

I'm not excusing anything Robyn has done or caused, just offering up my view on why things happened the way they have.  In my opinion the worst thing she has done is stall the development of her most of children to keep them at the daddy-is-a-hero stage in order to prolong their capacity to satisfy Kody's need to be worshipped.  But that will eventually end ... it will be interesting to see if Robyn will be willing/able to meet Kody's vast emotional needs all by herself, or if she will find another chump who will jump in the rescue her from her life the way Kody did.

• Like 4
  • Useful 12
41 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have come to the conclusion that Robyn is not lying or being intentionally selfish and manipulative as much as she just has a very poor emotional intelligence (EQ).  This is why she is so baffled by how other people feel or why they feel that way.  She just doesn't get it and her whining about not understanding why the family is fallling apart is 100% genuine.  To quote Jennifer Anniston, she is "missing a sensitivity chip." 

Nah I disagree. Robyn is a snake in the grass - first example, “the wedding dress incident”. Robyn knew picking the wedding dress was important to the OG3, but she went with Kody. Also breaking social rules- if you agree to not engage in physical intimacy before marriage out of respect to your cultural beliefs and respect to the OG wives and you do it anyway, yet lie about it….well you’re a liar.

There are times I can admit I have a sensitivity chip missing or am not great at judging the emotional needs of others, but people like that don’t scheme or keep secrets, case in point the “marriage license swap”. 

Robyn is shocked Christine actually had the ovaries to leave. Robyn thought that she and Kody had all the power in the relationships not realizing there is no “Sister Wives” with no Sister Wives. Robyn saw Christine as the frumpy “beast of burden” in the family, the work horse, who would do all the unglamourous work while she and Kody reaped the benefits. And the thing is- if Kody and Robyn had just been a LITTLE kinder to her, given her a tiny bit more care she would’ve stayed and played second fiddle to Robyn. But they over played their hand. 

In a more typical scenario is like the guy who always cheats on his long time girlfriend thinking she will finally be around when he wants her there, and when she dumps him (maybe even after having his kids) and moves on he’s floored “I loved her….she was always my main chick.” And by that time he’s older and he’s tired and playing the field isn’t as fun any more. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Nah I disagree. Robyn is a snake in the grass - first example, “the wedding dress incident”. Robyn knew picking the wedding dress was important to the OG3, but she went with Kody. Also breaking social rules- if you agree to not engage in physical intimacy before marriage out of respect to your cultural beliefs and respect to the OG wives and you do it anyway, yet lie about it….well you’re a liar.

There are times I can admit I have a sensitivity chip missing or am not great at judging the emotional needs of others, but people like that don’t scheme or keep secrets, case in point the “marriage license swap”. 

Robyn is shocked Christine actually had the ovaries to leave. Robyn thought that she and Kody had all the power in the relationships not realizing there is no “Sister Wives” with no Sister Wives. Robyn saw Christine as the frumpy “beast of burden” in the family, the work horse, who would do all the unglamourous work while she and Kody reaped the benefits. And the thing is- if Kody and Robyn had just been a LITTLE kinder to her, given her a tiny bit more care she would’ve stayed and played second fiddle to Robyn. But they over played their hand. 

In a more typical scenario is like the guy who always cheats on his long time girlfriend thinking she will finally be around when he wants her there, and when she dumps him (maybe even after having his kids) and moves on he’s floored “I loved her….she was always my main chick.” And by that time he’s older and he’s tired and playing the field isn’t as fun any more. 

I agree she is def not an innocent or a naive sister wife.  She is manipulative, and self serving. Didn't she once change a family portrait and put Kody in, maybe she replaced her original spouse and put his image in lol.  Who does that?  The family really changed once she joined it.

Edited by endure
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

I really hope I don't sound like a Robyn defender because regardless of why she acts the way she does, the upshot is she sucks as a sister wife and anyone who is stuck with her has my sympathy.  But in the interest of furthering the discussion (and because it's cold and rainy here and I don't feel like doing yard work), let's discuss!

Without knowing more about the dress shopping, it is hard for me to be sure about the whole thing ... I wonder, whose idea was it for her to try on dresses for Kody, hers or his? 

It matters because if it was Kody's idea to dress shop with her I would not be surprised she agreed to do it and then opted to conceal the truth to protect him.  She has to please him, so she is gonna be trying on some dresses (no doubt loving the attention).  And she is not going to tell anyone because she has to protect him.   

If it was her idea to shop with Kody, not telling the other wives about it would at least be a lie by omission, but in fairness - when people realize they have done something they ought not to have done and the only harm that would result would be if others found out, a common response is to just pretend it didn't happen.  She must have wanted to choke Kody when he dropped his little "bomb" just for giggles.   

Either way, I see the dress thing as more evidence of Robyn's insensitivity and desperate need to please Kody and bask in the glow of his attention, all while catering to his ego. 

About the physical intimacy before marriage, I am not going to make a big deal about that.  Mainly because I don't believe that is really the way they live - I think it's just talk designed to sanitize the fact that they all share a dick ... but not until married!!!  Right, lol They can miss me with that.  And this brings to mind the whole thing about how Kody and Janelle TOTALLY broke the rules by starting a relationship behind Meri's back.  Dating and who knows what else ... If what Robyn did was bad, what Janelle did was worse (imo).  I can also see both Robyn and Janelle poo-pooing the idea of saving up intimacy for marriage since both had been married before and were not dippy little virgin princesses like Christine (who seemed to be the only one who really cared about the wedding dress shopping, too, IIRC).  

The marriage license swap I have no explanation for ... I've never felt like I understood the real timeline or bought the supposed reason for it.  Robyn certainly did benefit from it, I won't deny that.  But I don't see her as smart enough to execute a complicated scheme that way.  She is just too obtuse - things I used to believe were manipulations on her part now seem more like a constant stream of clueless behavior.  The cut and pasting of her kids into that picture is a perfect example.  It is so unbelievably tone deaf ... I don't think anyone capable of the kind of subtle, treacherous schemes Robin is accused of would be so transparently DUMB.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2

@Celia Rubenstein no no- I don’t think you’re a Robin defender. But I think Robin’s goal has always been to be number 1 with Kody, damn the other wives and their needs. She’s not “smart” but her hurtful behavior wasn’t because she was socially obtuse (yet didn’t have malicious intentions), it’s because she didn’t give a fuck about being a good sister wife or a friend to these women, it was all about her and what she wanted. 

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It took me about five seconds of her originals screen time to know Robyn is a fake, manipulative person who cannot be trusted. I wouldn’t want that sneaky witch around me or mine. Her sole mission is to take whatever she things someone else has, then wonder why they get upset. She’s that girl I’m high school who makes fun of a guy until her friend shows interest in him, then she does everything she can to lure him away.

I read somewhere (can't remember where, and who knows if it's actually true,) that David Jessop was interested in Crybrow's sister, and Crybrows lured him away by "putting out."  One of those rumors that might have happened, or may be bullshit.  

Kootie is far too dumb to know how she manipulates him, and they deserve each other.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I've managed to blank out the details of the weird pitcher of Kody as dad, but vaguely think that instead of cut and paste, Robyn hired someone to draw a picture with Kody as the dad surrounded by adoring Robynettes and Robyn. I just remember that it was creepy.

• Like 8

I was just using "cut and paste" to describe the end product, just plastering something on top of something else, lol 

It was actually a really nice drawing.  The artist was quite talented.  I wonder what he thought of what Robyn asked him to do ... "here is a picture of my husband with his kids ... can you draw it over, putting my children on his lap instead of them?  Here is a picture of my kids with their dad.  Use this as a reference!" 

I''m sure it cost a pretty penny, too!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I was just using "cut and paste" to describe the end product, just plastering something on top of something else, lol 

Gotcha. But I wouldn't have been surprised if Robyn actually DID do cut and paste, maybe to help the artist with the design. It was nicely done but the subject was just creepy to me, rewriting history to eliminate their bio dad completely.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think Robyn worked an angle from the beginning. She used her children to get Kody to do, or not do things. It was always something the kids needed because of their past. It didn’t work for anyone except Robyn. 
From the first moment I recall seeing her on the show I felt an “ick” about her. However, everything that has gone on in this family both good and bad, does not rest on one person’s shoulders.

• Like 14

I don’t know how any of the older kids managed not to bust out laughing and call out the ridiculousness of that drawing.

I also don’t know how Christine and her kids weren’t extremely angry and offended. If you wanted me to accept new step siblings, the last thing to do would be erase me from a pic with my Dad and slap their head on my body. 
That was some Single White Female, well Divorced and Remarried to A Polygamist White Female bizarreness. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I think crybrows’ mother is responsible for a lot of her low eq.   Kootie was wayyyy too happy to announce his bomb about the dress . She may also be blind to the disparities because she believes what kootie tells her.  He may have been telling her the other families didn’t want as much or something 

• Like 7
On 11/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, endure said:

I agree she is def not an innocent or a naive sister wife.  She is manipulative, and self serving. Didn't she once change a family portrait and put Kody in, maybe she replaced her original spouse and put his image in lol.  Who does that?  The family really changed once she joined it.

I agree.  And she had her mother teaching her how to be a Stepford Wife.  I find her repugnant.

On 11/11/2023 at 3:03 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I really hope I don't sound like a Robyn defender because regardless of why she acts the way she does, the upshot is she sucks as a sister wife and anyone who is stuck with her has my sympathy.  But in the interest of furthering the discussion (and because it's cold and rainy here and I don't feel like doing yard work), let's discuss!

Without knowing more about the dress shopping, it is hard for me to be sure about the whole thing ... I wonder, whose idea was it for her to try on dresses for Kody, hers or his? 

It matters because if it was Kody's idea to dress shop with her I would not be surprised she agreed to do it and then opted to conceal the truth to protect him.  She has to please him, so she is gonna be trying on some dresses (no doubt loving the attention).  And she is not going to tell anyone because she has to protect him.   

If it was her idea to shop with Kody, not telling the other wives about it would at least be a lie by omission, but in fairness - when people realize they have done something they ought not to have done and the only harm that would result would be if others found out, a common response is to just pretend it didn't happen.  She must have wanted to choke Kody when he dropped his little "bomb" just for giggles.   

Either way, I see the dress thing as more evidence of Robyn's insensitivity and desperate need to please Kody and bask in the glow of his attention, all while catering to his ego. 

About the physical intimacy before marriage, I am not going to make a big deal about that.  Mainly because I don't believe that is really the way they live - I think it's just talk designed to sanitize the fact that they all share a dick ... but not until married!!!  Right, lol They can miss me with that.  And this brings to mind the whole thing about how Kody and Janelle TOTALLY broke the rules by starting a relationship behind Meri's back.  Dating and who knows what else ... If what Robyn did was bad, what Janelle did was worse (imo).  I can also see both Robyn and Janelle poo-pooing the idea of saving up intimacy for marriage since both had been married before and were not dippy little virgin princesses like Christine (who seemed to be the only one who really cared about the wedding dress shopping, too, IIRC).  

The marriage license swap I have no explanation for ... I've never felt like I understood the real timeline or bought the supposed reason for it.  Robyn certainly did benefit from it, I won't deny that.  But I don't see her as smart enough to execute a complicated scheme that way.  She is just too obtuse - things I used to believe were manipulations on her part now seem more like a constant stream of clueless behavior.  The cut and pasting of her kids into that picture is a perfect example.  It is so unbelievably tone deaf ... I don't think anyone capable of the kind of subtle, treacherous schemes Robin is accused of would be so transparently DUMB.

I have no evidence of this, but I think there were many things that were their little secret.  Kody just couldn't keep his yap shut about this one.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 11/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, Scarlett45 said:

@Celia Rubenstein no no- I don’t think you’re a Robin defender. But I think Robin’s goal has always been to be number 1 with Kody, damn the other wives and their needs. She’s not “smart” but her hurtful behavior wasn’t because she was socially obtuse (yet didn’t have malicious intentions), it’s because she didn’t give a fuck about being a good sister wife or a friend to these women, it was all about her and what she wanted. 

I think one can be both really intellectually stupid yet really good at manipulating someone like Kody.  

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1