Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

I figure Robyn just explained that poorly.

I don't think it's like "I'm seeking a divorce from my husband and one of the final steps in the process to make it official is having sex with another man." 

I think it's like "IF a woman happens to cheat on her husband, the consequence for her is that the seal to her husband is broken." 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I figure Robyn just explained that poorly.

I don't think it's like "I'm seeking a divorce from my husband and one of the final steps in the process to make it official is having sex with another man." 

I think it's like "IF a woman happens to cheat on her husband, the consequence for her is that the seal to her husband is broken." 

It could have been edited weirdly, too. But nutshell, I think she was trying to say the man can’t leave the polygamist relationship, and if the whole family has left the church then the church can’t or won’t dissolve it, so the woman who left has to dissolve it by committing adultery with another man. Adultery would break the bond, just leaving doesn’t work. Thus in robyns eyes I wonder if she thinks Janelle, who is intentionally celibate right now, is still married to Kody?

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
On 1/25/2024 at 9:18 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Robyn was legally married to her first husband so not sure if the spiritual rules for “official divorce” applied to her.
I also think she was badly attempting to explain that in their religion, which none of them really follow now?, that a woman basically doesn’t matter and has no status in the afterlife outside the husband. If they’re sealed foever for eternity, the church can do an unsealing, or she can commit adultery by sleeping with another man and that voids the sealing. So Christine would be sealed to kody until that seal is broken by Christine, because Kody can’t leave. They have no church. So Christine needs to boink somebody else to break that eternal seal. 
According to Christine, Janelle, and Meri, this is all a load of  baloney and not church doctrine. Doctrine of the church Christine left so rules don’t apply to her anymore anyway.

Also I don’t think anybody believes Robyn and Kody weren’t intimate before their church marriage. She has a history of doing whatever to trap a man, and he was way too giddy and willing to dump his 12 kids and pregnant wife to drive five hours one way every single weekend to not be compensated some how. 

Since Robyn was pregnant with Dayton when she married Preston, I'm not so sure she and Preston had an AUB sealing.

The cult is really big on purity. I don't know that they would have sealed their union. Without the sealing, there's nothing to cancel or get a release from. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
6 hours ago, General Days said:

The cult is really big on purity. I don't know that they would have sealed their union.

The LDS church does not allow a non-chaste couple to be sealed in the temple. They have to wait a year after their civil marriage to be sealed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
15 hours ago, IvySpice said:

The LDS church does not allow a non-chaste couple to be sealed in the temple. They have to wait a year after their civil marriage to be sealed.

That makes no sense to me. So what? Are they re-virginized after a year? And how would the church even know?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

That makes no sense to me. So what? Are they re-virginized after a year? And how would the church even know?

The church tends to think they have all their members so indoctrinated that they will all tell the truth or someone will rat them out.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

The church tends to think they have all their members so indoctrinated that they will all tell the truth or someone will rat them out.

Given the circumstances, they may have opted for a quick civil ceremony. 

• Like 7

Since Robyn’s mom was her dads side family, I would expect her ( you know cause she is such an empathetic person ) to not want any part of her family to feel that way.     I’m phrasing it badly so I hope you understand.   I mean she knew he was doing more with her family.   Although I do think kootie would go out and she might have thought he was going to other families but was just driving around 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, nosedive said:

Check it out when the camera cuts to Janelle.  She looks like she's trying not to blow.  Kind of like this: 😡

She should have said "GET A JOB!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

She must have had a job of some sorts when she was on her own in that rental far, far away in the first few episodes??   How else would she be paying for the rent and food? 

Kody must have been absolutely fine with having her around fulltime doing nothing. He also approved of Meri quitting jobs for no reason and working only part time when the family could use every dollar they could find. 

I have wondered about that a lot, why didn't he ask them both to work more? Was it because he either ignored any financial hardship and let the wives deal with that? Or, when Robyn arrived, was he counting on TLC bringing in the big bucks and felt no need to pressure into working? 

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, LilyD said:

r, when Robyn arrived, was he counting on TLC bringing in the big bucks and felt no need to pressure into working? 

I think that's the most likely reason.  

If they had had any business acumen they would have invested that income for the future but, well, the Brown Financial Brain Trust was never an option.  They totally lucked out with their cult members buying the MLM crap to keep them going.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

She must have had a job of some sorts when she was on her own in that rental far, far away in the first few episodes??   How else would she be paying for the rent and food? 

Kody must have been absolutely fine with having her around fulltime doing nothing. He also approved of Meri quitting jobs for no reason and working only part time when the family could use every dollar they could find. 

I have wondered about that a lot, why didn't he ask them both to work more? Was it because he either ignored any financial hardship and let the wives deal with that? Or, when Robyn arrived, was he counting on TLC bringing in the big bucks and felt no need to pressure into working? 

I read somewhere that the rental she was living in in ST. George belonged to her dad.  Not sure if that is true or just a rumor.  Someone also said she was working in a nursing home.  

He should have had everyone working.  With two moms working day shift and two working evenings and both sets of moms helping watch the kids and get them to school and back home.  

• Like 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When Mykelti was taking care of Robyn’s kids, she said Robyn was working in a hospital. She never said what her job was.

Hanging around the emergency department so she could learn to mimic the facial expressions of those in need of critical care.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
Just now, Sandy W said:

Hanging around the emergency department so she could learn to mimic the facial expressions of those in need of critical care.

That's it!  Crybrows is so easy to read, because we can almost see the gears turning in that head of hers:  "OK, now I put on my concerned and caring face."

Phony bitch.  She's full of 💩.

• Like 10
(edited)

Robyn was a single mom with three kids and an ex who, according to her, contributed nothing financially. Was she receiving benefits for housing and food? Also she was thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

I always got tha impression that Robyn’s “job” was to have more babies and somehow she and Kody decided she was the only wife who didn’t have to work while pregnant. Or take care of any of her kids. 
Remember very early on when there was an episode where she and Christine danced around talking about childcare? I think Robyn absolutely thought she was going to prance in and take over Christine’s spot, and Christine could go back to work. Christine seemed really nervous and they both danced around having a real convo. It was another instance where Robyn seemed to be guiding another pre rehearsed convo trying to trap things into being filmed and Christine wasn’t happy.

Robyn didn’t give a flying flip that Christine had an infant and they’d be disrupting the lives of all the other kids if Robyn took over and then you know Robyn would just dictate to the older kids what to do while she tried to get pregnant. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Janelle's face was EPIC!

Or pick up recent widowers?

Oh you know she was prob trying to put her scent out in the ER so all the Capt Saveaho first responders could get a whiff. 

I’m very curious as to what she did at a hospital. She doesn’t have the education or license for most jobs, and she’s too lazy for housekeeping, nursing assistant, food services, etc. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Hmmmm perhaps that’s where the line of men were that she interpreted as waiting for her, before Kody got wind of her scent.

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Oh you know she was prob trying to put her scent out in the ER

We both thought about the scent! 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/4/2024 at 7:19 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I’m very curious as to what she did at a hospital. She doesn’t have the education or license for most jobs, and she’s too lazy for housekeeping, nursing assistant, food services, etc. 

Probably she worked in the gift shop.

All that knickknack experience, you know.

• LOL 11