Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2023 at 3:32 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I believe the only reason she gets along so well with Kody is because she has such a dependent personality, which is like nectar for a narcissistic partner - she is so selfless, always putting him first, defending him against everyone and everything, applauding every time he farts.  And in turn she gets anything she wants from him because she is so "loyal."  Approval, attention, time, material goods.  A nanny.   They reinforce each other other's worst personalty traits.   

Brilliant

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, Orcinus orca said:

"I don't UNDERSTAAAAAAAAND....."

Zero self awareness.

She understands perfectly well what the fuck she's done to this family, and so.do.all the OG wives and kids. And so do we. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 12
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, surfgirl said:

She understands perfectly well what the fuck she's done to this family, and so.do.all the OG wives and kids. And so do we. 

What I think she doesn't understand is why the other three (and possibly Kody) would't endure a set up where they aren't getting what they want when she's getting what she wants.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Robyn makes a lot of negative comments about Kody in the TH- and in this last week’s tell all episode.  Kody currently doesn’t make similar comments about her.  She may be the love of his life, but she is embarrassing him in a public forum.  Surely that’s going to cone back to bite her soon. Especially  since his ego is so fragile.  I wonder if some of  her frustration with him  is due to his reaction to her comments? 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Until there are photos of Robyn with a banana all over the internet Kody won't know that he should be embarrassed.  He is accustomed to his wives publicly humiliating him.  Even the obedient wife.

From what I've observed narcissists do not like being embarrassed in public, unless it can somehow be twisted in their favor.  As bad as the Catfish affair made Kootie look, it made Meri look even worse. Still Kootie lost "respect" in the Catfish affair, and we all know how he feels about his "respect".  I'd be willing to bet that either Robyn paid for or will pay for those comments in private, somehow.  

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
On 11/27/2023 at 8:29 PM, mythoughtis said:

Robyn makes a lot of negative comments about Kody in the TH- and in this last week’s tell all episode.  Kody currently doesn’t make similar comments about her.  She may be the love of his life, but she is embarrassing him in a public forum.  Surely that’s going to cone back to bite her soon. Especially  since his ego is so fragile.  I wonder if some of  her frustration with him  is due to his reaction to her comments?     I agree and I think she's trying to change her image that the public has of her, even though it's not working. She sees how much positive attention and adoration the other wives are getting because they all left Kody and she wants that too.  I honestly think she's making up lies about her and Kody not being in a good place and she's  wanting  people to think that he's being this horrible, angry monster to her so people will start to feel sorry for her (which nobody will) and the truth is that she's perfectly happy being the only one with Kody. She hates that the money from the other wives are gone and that's what she is missing. 

That's weird, it didn't separate my comments from what I quoted from Mythoughtis. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 11/11/2023 at 1:21 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Robyn is shocked Christine actually had the ovaries to leave. Robyn thought that she and Kody had all the power in the relationships not realizing there is no “Sister Wives” with no Sister Wives. Robyn saw Christine as the frumpy “beast of burden” in the family, the work horse, who would do all the unglamourous work while she and Kody reaped the benefits.

How do you think Robyn really behaved and spoke after Christine left, and the cameras were gone?

The reason I asked is because Kody was up front about no longer wanting an intimate relationship with Christine. BUT then he acted like she was the love of his life who left him. He acted like they never had a discussion that the marriage was over, and he was butthurt beyond compare. All his wailing and gnashing of teeth was a huge surprise to me, coming from someone who didn't consider himself in a real marriage with Christine.

And then he further punished Christine through her children which then seeped into his and Janelle's relationship. He further blamed Christine for any and every following relationship break down.

I know Robyn is smug in being THE ONE, Kody's 'soulmate', but frankly, the way he perseverated about Christine, made me think Christine had been more important to him, than he cares to admit. And I think he wasn't as finished with their marriage as Christine was. 

• Like 21
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I also don’t know how Christine and her kids weren’t extremely angry and offended. If you wanted me to accept new step siblings, the last thing to do would be erase me from a pic with my Dad and slap their head on my body. 

This reminded me of some important lessons I was taught while doing a counselling practicum.

I asked why a counselor was being 'gentle' with her language, while discussing a horrible, good for nothing father, with his 13 year old son? The counselor explained that the child already knew every nasty trait of his father thanks to personal experience and his mother's constant complaints. But the child is also aware that he is 50%of that man, and concerned that he's equally hated by the family, and destined to be potentially "bad". No child should assume he or she has inherited the worst of their family's genes.e

The counselor would spend the time exploring any possible "good" traits in the man while explaining factors that can encourage good outcomes, while some factors can result in anger or violence. Then they'd hypothesize different possible scenarios (or triggers) depending on dad's behaviour.

She was trying to teach coping skills by explaining how we respond to stress or happiness, and how to recognize or predict...

The counselor wanted him to know everyone has value inside, and it's what they do with it that matters. (I probably have explained this all wrong but it did make an impact on me.) 

I hope Robyn's kids don't view themselves as 50% unloved or unwanted or unlikeable because their mother feels that way about bio dad.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Robyn was on my snark radar the minute she was "feeling sorry" for Kody for having to spend intimate time with wives who were out of shape, covered in stretch marks ..

I don't know if anyone else remembers this talking head from years ago, but I remember thinking all women should be uplifting and accepting towards each other when it comes to pregnancy, body image etc. Especially if your sister wives struggle with multiple pregnancies. Robyn loved being the young, thin wife. That's when I knew this wasn't about true Faith for her.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Robyn was on my snark radar the minute she was "feeling sorry" for Kody for having to spend intimate time with wives who were out of shape, covered in stretch marks ..

I don't know if anyone else remembers this talking head from years ago, but I remember thinking all women should be uplifting and accepting towards each other when it comes to pregnancy, body image etc. Especially if your sister wives struggle with multiple pregnancies. Robyn loved being the young, thin wife. That's when I knew this wasn't about true Faith for her.

I remember that! She was so secure in her HBIC status that she thought she could say anything about the OG and they would still have to bow down to her. LOL, karma is getting her big time!! And I'll snark here a bit, I bet she has her share of stretch marks now and from all appearances, is not the thin beautiful wife she thought herself to be any more.

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

The "Diesel Jeans Model" has not aged well.  That hatefulness she harbors toward others, has not helped her.  Crybrows got what she wished for, and instead of making her happy, she constantly wears a frown, and spews venom.  Karma's biting her in the butt, and it's high time!

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

How do you think Robyn really behaved and spoke after Christine left, and the cameras were gone?

The reason I asked is because Kody was up front about no longer wanting an intimate relationship with Christine. BUT then he acted like she was the love of his life who left him. He acted like they never had a discussion that the marriage was over, and he was butthurt beyond compare. All his wailing and gnashing of teeth was a huge surprise to me, coming from someone who didn't consider himself in a real marriage with Christine.

And then he further punished Christine through her children which then seeped into his and Janelle's relationship. He further blamed Christine for any and every following relationship break down.

I know Robyn is smug in being THE ONE, Kody's 'soulmate', but frankly, the way he perseverated about Christine, made me think Christine had been more important to him, than he cares to admit. And I think he wasn't as finished with their marriage as Christine was. 

Christine is from “plyg royalty” so I think it really burned him to have her walk off. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I remember that! She was so secure in her HBIC status that she thought she could say anything about the OG and they would still have to bow down to her. LOL, karma is getting her big time!! And I'll snark here a bit, I bet she has her share of stretch marks now and from all appearances, is not the thin beautiful wife she thought herself to be any more.

Robyn has her share of stretch marks. Sadly we were forced to see them when she filmed getting a sonogram.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-gwendlyn-compares-robyns-weird-portrait-kody-michael-scott-photoshopping-himself-the-office.html/   Here is another example of Sobbyn trying to rewrite history, the creepy portrait she gave Kody after he adopted her kids. She took Kody's image from a picture he had taken with his other wives and a few of the kids when they were babies, erased them all except him, and added her three kids when they were babies. She presented the picture to him in front of everyone, gushing and fake crying like she was so proud of herself. This is like that movie Single White Female shit. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 7

I have a question. When the family left LV, I remember conversations between Kody and Robyn where Robyn wanted this to be the last move they made. Later I learned Robyn wanted to move so she could stay close to Dayton. So was the conversation about the "last move ever" just for the camera? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
41 minutes ago, js9548 said:

I have a question. When the family left LV, I remember conversations between Kody and Robyn where Robyn wanted this to be the last move they made. Later I learned Robyn wanted to move so she could stay close to Dayton. So was the conversation about the "last move ever" just for the camera? 

I think it’s probably what she really felt at the time, and she wanted Kody to feel the same way about it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Did anyone notice Crybrows showing off her rings when wiping fake tears?  Why do I think she's acquired the diamond because Christine got one from David, and she's been jealous of Christine "since day one?"

Of course, Crybrows had to show off her matching horse ring that Kootie has, too.  Dog-kicker animal hater Crybrows wearing a horse ring?  🙄

• Like 20
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Of course, Crybrows had to show off her matching horse ring that Kootie has, too.  Dog-kicker animal hater Crybrows wearing a horse ring?  🙄

I spent the majority of my youth in the horse world. I have never known anyone to wear horse jewelry who was NOT in the horse world or in love with horsey country cowboy culture. I would love to know the reality of the purchase besides the bullsh*t "it's a cool ring".

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
On 12/4/2023 at 11:28 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I was telling my daughter about the horse rings.  She looked them up online and the one Kody has runs $1,250.  The one Robyn has runs $3,890, I think.  I can't say I've ever seen anyone with horse rings before.  

Well Robyn does have quite a long face. I know my seat on the bus to hell is reserved!

• Like 2
  • LOL 16
On 12/4/2023 at 9:02 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

I don't know why, but every time I see this thread I want to rename it:

Robyn Brown: She wanted the money but got stuck with the man.

And the thread name has a spelling error. It should be “fambly.”

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14

Robyn’s act of everything just happens to her   Like when she was telling meri Christine’s girls had been for after Christmas. And blames no communication.   It was your house , you were the one to communicate it   Her not understanding why her family is falling apart.   Well you don’t communicate with others and only hear kooties side and then accuse people of lying about their own experiences 

instead of adapting covid practices double down on the rules  and you know she blew whatever garrison said to her out of proportion 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Like when she was telling meri Christine’s girls had been for after Christmas. And blames no communication.  

There was communication, Mykelti didn’t want Meri there, so that’s the way it was.

I have been wanting to ask this every time I see it. Who says “fambly” on the show??

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Another thought :   Robyn and her story she had lots of offers before she married kootie.  I want her to define lots.  And she wasn’t single for a long time.  And not too many polygamists would be in the market for a divorced woman with 3 kids 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

I think we all need a quick reminder that Kody is a profoundly stupid man. If you give him the pretence of respect and act as if he is smart you could get him to do anything.

Crybrows tuned into that, and has used it to her supreme advantage.  

• Like 13
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

not too many polygamists would be in the market for a divorced woman with 3 kids 

I don't know if this is true. If every righteous man needs at least 3 wives to achieve exaltation, there are not going to be a lot of never-married young women in that community. A guy who wasn't super desirable might have a lot of trouble attracting even one. Robyn was still young enough to have more kids, too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
18 hours ago, dariafan said:

Another thought :   Robyn and her story she had lots of offers before she married kootie.  I want her to define lots.  And she wasn’t single for a long time.  And not too many polygamists would be in the market for a divorced woman with 3 kids ...

Adding on ... and $30,000 in credit card debt.

To this day a question I have is... I want to know exactly in the timeline when Janelle found out that Robyn also brought this debt with her into the family. Also at the time of the proposal, Kody said "was at an all time financial low" (paraphrased from the book). So...was Kody exaggerating about the financial low or were they desperate to bring in Robyn because he went "hubba hubba" for her and wanted that teevee show despite her tag along debt.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I want to know exactly in the timeline when Janelle found out that Robyn also brought this debt with her into the family.

Yeah, no kidding. I'd like to see all of their reactions to learning that bit of info. Poor little Robyn, cap in hand, just wanting to fit in to the family...while dragging her massive ball and chain of debt behind her. I'd be piiiissssed.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Yeah, no kidding. I'd like to see all of their reactions to learning that bit of info. Poor little Robyn, cap in hand, just wanting to fit in to the family...while dragging her massive ball and chain of debt behind her. I'd be piiiissssed.

Especially considering she wasn’t working!  I’d be a terrible sister wife, because there’s no way in hell I’d work to pay off her debts while she sat on her butt doing nothing. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

Wow, Kootie must have really had to have had the hots for her! 3 children and a huge debt added to the family! No benefit to any of the family except Kootie!!

They must really have wanted the show a lot and expected it to erase all the extra costs Crybrows added! 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I'm no Robyn defender but wasn't it $3000? Not $30,000

If I am remembering correctly the $3,000 number is the amount for just the Victoria Secret store card with the $32,000 being the whole debt. But ya know...those long legs don't cover themselves.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

I am just watching part 1 again, and it dawned on me while Robin was sobbing about Kody and Janelle throwing away 30 years and six kids. Why doesn't anyone question her back with, "But you threw away your marriage after three kids - why didn't you stick it out?" And she should have also been questioned about why her three kids are suddenly turning their backs on the other kids? I still think that's a Robin influence rather than anyone else's.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

If I am remembering correctly the $3,000 number is the amount for just the Victoria Secret store card with the $32,000 being the whole debt. But ya know...those long legs don't cover themselves.

When Robyn saw the credit fixer on the show (in order to qualify for a mortgage for the Vegas cul-de-sac house), her debt was supposedly $4,000, and $1,000 of that was Victoria's Secret.

That $32K figure has been floating around the fandom for years came from reports supposedly based on divorce documents. I don't know if it is a well-attested figure, or if it's just an often cited figure from one report (which might have come from a fannish online tabloid like Hollywood Life).

On the show, Robyn spoke as though she assumed all the marital debt (from her marriage to Jessop), just to get through the divorce with less contention.

I am not inclined to believe she was telling the truth. There are a lot of reasons to assume she lied, because we've been watching her in action on the show for 18 seasons, and she more often than not seems utterly full of shit.

I don't know where the whole $32K came from though (if, indeed, the reports were accurate). 

Does anyone know how the figure jumped from $4K to $32K?

@ginger90, you always have receipts on this sort of stuff. Do you know?

Edited by General Days
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2