Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

What kind of business gets done on a LuLaRoe Cruise?  It's not like they can sell their clothes to each other.  

They get to practice their inspirational chants on each other.  Because I Can!  Because of LulaNo!  Where's My Why!

I think it's similar to the old Amway conventions -- the newer people brought in get to meet and hear inspirational talks by others higher up in the business, learn about new products coming out, network with each other for help/support, get praised for your efforts for the company, etc. And yes--the chants to get all abuzz about the business so you're revved up to go out and SELL SELL SELL! 

• Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, Absolom said:

Awhile back there was a photo on instagram where she'd just had her hair done at a salon and it looked pretty nice.  Then she did it and it was back to choppy and orange.  She's fully in control of how her hair looks and she's shown that someone else can make it look a lot better.  

But that's usually how it is with 90% of women.  The hairstylist can always make it look better. 

But I like Meri's wavy hair.  Probably because I'm struggling with my own, that used to have pretty good wave and now suddenly it wants to be half straight and half wavy and part frizzy. 

6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

She'll do as most other LLR consultants have done that got out.. she will start selling another brand. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Probably because I'm struggling with my own, that used to have pretty good wave and now suddenly it wants to be half straight and half wavy and part frizzy. 

Oh gosh, you too? 

• Love 2

I think one of the worst things about selling LuluRoe is that you are expected to wear the brand. I can imagine how my loved ones would gasp if I came in wearing that crap. I also don’t think I could convince anyone to buy more than one item just to help me out. I am so surprised the taste level is so low that people are paying for that crap. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I heartily apologize for re-quoting these hideous photos but I have lots of questions...so many questions........

There's Pudge but where's Sludge??  Is Pudge on the cruise solo?  Surely if Sludge were there Meri would've chased her down for a photo op?  Are Maddie and Pudge seriously such good salespeople that they got invited on the cruise, or does Meri (who's clearly a top seller) get to bring along her minions?

Who's the rando with his mouth open in the third photo?  Is he screaming from the fumes of mildewed polyester that envelope him everywhere he goes?  Was Meri trying to stop him from jumping off the boat when he realized that this cruise that he saved up for was filled with women wearing demonic chihuahua leggings and skirts pattered after the intestinal tracts of water buffalo?

The dude with the short hair....a consultant's husband, maybe?  But he's really creepy.  And also a wee too familiar with Meri.  Yuck.  And also, gross.

The last photo - BWAHAHAHAHA.  I think that we could each blindfold ourselves, walk into the nearest second-hand shop, pull four items blindly off the racks, put them on and STILL look more color-coordinated than these LLN consultants!  And the guy stepping out looking snazzy in his blue flecked shirt combined with purple and black checked shorts...you guys, if Meri weren't in the picture I'd think I was looking at an SNL skit. 

Dear laurakaye, I think you have their so-fondly-called nicknames reversed.  Sludge = Audrey, aka Audge.  Pudge = Mariah.  Or maybe I started happy hour 20 minutes early.  Otherwise, I love your post ❤️

LMAO mildewed polyester.  My dad used to call the slacks he wore in the 70's "plastic pants."

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sorry about that.

No worries!!

2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think one of the worst things about selling LuluRoe is that you are expected to wear the brand. I can imagine how my loved ones would gasp if I came in wearing that crap. I also don’t think I could convince anyone to buy more than one item just to help me out. I am so surprised the taste level is so low that people are paying for that crap. 

Yes it would make a good impression to wear the product you are selling.  Some of the dresses are not bad but I am not paying for a cheap dress with cheap fabrics for however much when I can make it myself for $10.  Some dresses are as much as $60!!!!  No. Way.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No worries!!

Yes it would make a good impression to wear the product you are selling.  Some of the dresses are not bad but I am not paying for a cheap dress with cheap fabrics for however much when I can make it myself for $10.  Some dresses are as much as $60!!!!  No. Way.

I find it nuts that women pay that much money for cheap, poorly made, hideously ugly sausage-arms clothes and then recruit other women to sell it. 

That’s an evil genius right there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I was thinking about Meri and her lulu voyage.  I'll bet those that love her are her recruits!  They follow her on Facebook and sign up to sell those horrible clothes just for a shot at interacting with Meri!

A text or phone call would make their day!  A cruise Meri is on would make their world!A

Meri is only miss popularity because she's on a tv show!  So I'm getting she might have put her time and money into something profitable for Meri!

Case closed!  Mystery solved!

I'm thinking one of YOU could take one for the team and contact Meri and say you want to join lulu!!!

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Goodbye Kody Brown!!!  Is Gawd she's wearing that horrible luluroe mummy clothes!

I hope she ties that duster/coat thing in one of her artful little knots, I can see that tangling in the chain or wheels of the bike.

She probably sent this photo to Kody.  Eat your heart out Kody Brown.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, neh said:

There sure are a lot of MEN in that photo and a lot of cleavage showing!

That's what I thought too (hello Meri's boobage!), and there's that creepy pesky dude on the far right again.  So who are the normal-looking guys with Meri?  Husbands of consultants?  As none of them are wearing drunk ladybug shirts with possessed clown-patterned shorts, one must assume that they are not LLN consultants themselves.

What I actually love is the positioning of Meri with two guys to her left and two to her right...just like the couch configuration of the Browns on Sister Wives!  Kody is either gnashing his teeth in outrage or he doesn't even realize that Meri is on a cruise.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Is Robyn totally over the top jealous because she came up with "my sister wives closet" that was supposed to be adoring fans flocking to the site to get a piece of overpriced junk from famous people, and her and Meri were close back then, but now Meri is obviously working hard core and traveling tons to schlep her crazy leggings...and Robyn is left with her website by herself.

Meri really should have gotten a little downtown Flagstaff shop with an apartment over the top for personalized LuLaNo consults ($$) and then she could have called herself "Downtown Meri Brown striving to earn that LuLaRoe crown"!!

I would bet all the wives are jealous of Meri right now. She has it made. She is making her own money that she likely isn’t sharing with anyone other than Mariah, she is flying around the country, staying in nice hotels/cruise ships, owns the B&B with her mom and basically living the life of a single woman who is theoretically married to Kody. They probably aren’t happy things are going so well for her after the Sam thing and there have been no real consequences.

i also bet Kody is jealous of the extra LuLuRoe income Meri brings in. He probably would be happy to use it on some get rich quick scheme. 

Meri looks truly happy in the pics being posted. Since what we see on the TV was filmed so long ago, it is likely she isn’t as miserable as she was when they were filming. Plus, she has the added advantage of knowing they need her for the show. If she leaves Kody for good, people are more likely to say good for her, not poor Kody lost his emotionally cheating first wife/ex-wife/sister wife. I don’t think TLC will think Meri leaving the group with be ratings heaven because they barely interact with her anyway so it’s not as though they will all be crying that they miss her and there is a void in their lives. TLC needs the drama of will she, won’t she leave the family or will Kody fall back in love with Meri. The actually answer is likely no on both counts. I can’t be mad at her for staying as long as the show is on the air and making that money. 

• Love 16

Quote isn’t working for me.

“She has it made. She is making her own money that she likely isn’t sharing with anyone other thanMariah, she is flying around the country, staying in nice hotels/cruise ships, owns the B&B with her mom and basically living the life of a single woman who is theoretically married to Kody.”

This is polygamy ? Hmmmmm

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, neh said:

Ya no kidding... Wow what happened to little Miss Modesty with sleeves over sleeves and hems to the ankles?

I really hope Meri leaves the others.. Who knows what will surface if a war of words erupts.

We had a small preview of what they actually think of Meri when Maddie went rogue. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 3/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, Kohola3 said:

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to hang together.  But when I was a speaker at a conference where there were 4000 people, I still arranged a time and place to meet up with friends for a dinner and chat and this was in pre-texting days. 

These are supposedly close family members.  Clearly the whole SW all-for-one and one-for all story is total BS.  It's every man for himself with this bunch.  It's a wonder they stick to the whole cockamamie "celestial planet in the afterlife" story since they can't stand each other.

Maybe they will all be nicer when they're dead.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, smarty2020 said:

What kind of business gets done on a LuLaRoe Cruise?  It's not like they can sell their clothes to each other.  

Oh, yes they can. In fact, I would bet that each one of them is their own best customer. 

On 3/26/2019 at 1:59 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Do people really buy and wear these clothes????  I bet they are punking us!!!

I think they are suffering from a mass hallucination.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, neh said:

I think the shorts on two of those guys may be LulaCrap designs.  Meri probably took this photo to make Kody and the wives jealous.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think the shorts on two of those guys may be LulaCrap designs.  Meri probably took this photo to make Kody and the wives jealous.

But the Sister Wives are back in Flagstaff listening to the angels sing!

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, neh said:

Of course!  Meri is delusional enough to think a hot looking millionaire would beg her to ride off into the sunset with him, and flee from those fools in the cult-de-sac.  She was more than ready to do so, had he been real.  

Are there that many men that schlock LuLaNo?  Or is Meri stealing spouses aboard ship?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

41CCDDB8-C19F-427F-8C02-E8966A37556B.jpeg

Agree with whoever said she took this photo to make the clowns jealous. Of course show-off Meri is up for riding around with guys young enough to be her sons, After all, she's "got some muscles since she's been working out" (I see no difference). The "12 mile bike ride" probably amounted to slowly cruising around on pancake flat paved streets, huffing and puffing as her orange face melted under the tropical sun.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's what I thought too (hello Meri's boobage!), and there's that creepy pesky dude on the far right again.  So who are the normal-looking guys with Meri?  Husbands of consultants?  As none of them are wearing drunk ladybug shirts with possessed clown-patterned shorts, one must assume that they are not LLN consultants themselves.

What I actually love is the positioning of Meri with two guys to her left and two to her right...just like the couch configuration of the Browns on Sister Wives!  Kody is either gnashing his teeth in outrage or he doesn't even realize that Meri is on a cruise.

Probably the latter.  Kootie is beyond being jealous of anything Meri does, as long as she shows up on filming days.

• Love 2

Kody being the alpha male has to be seething at the little woman.

He must be home with Janelle, Robin and his kingdom treasures while Meri is off having the time of her life if selfies are telling the story!

Now I get her attitude on the show.  She simply doesn't have any interest other than the show just go on!

Knowing what we know  now the back and forth over the b and b is more interesting.  He told her no money for you and she told him I don't need it.  Lol

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Probably the latter.  Kootie is beyond being jealous of anything Meri does, as long as she shows up on filming days.

I think he would care if she left him or was caught physically cheating, but as long as what she does doesn't embarrass him publicly, he couldn't give a rat's ass. Also agree that he probably stews over her spending all her time making money for herself and doesn't contribute it to the family pot.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

owns the B&B with her mom 

Except that she doesn't.  She got a "creative loan" crafted by a relative.  I bet it's mortgaged to the hilt.  

23 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

The "12 mile bike ride" probably amounted to slowly cruising around on pancake flat paved streets, huffing and puffing as her orange face melted under the tropical sun.

I bet it's more like one of those "take you to the top of the mountain and coast on down" biking adventures.  I can't see her pedaling anywhere.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Kody being the alpha male has to be seething at the little woman.

He must be home with Janelle, Robin and his kingdom treasures while Meri is off having the time of her life if selfies are telling the story!

I think he is sitting and staring at his oh so swell presentation and crying crocodile tears thinking about his giant payoff evaporating.  Everyday those houses sit empty is money down the drain.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Heh, heh, heh.

I doubt he noticed Meri is gone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:
3 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

i also bet Kody is jealous of the extra LuLuRoe income Meri brings in. He probably would be happy to use it on some get rich quick scheme. 

Before Vegas, all the salaries were pooled into the family and then split. When did they decide otherwise? I'm just curious if Meri does actually get to keep extra money. Maybe it's that she doesn't have to spend her portion of the family money on kids - so she ends up with more to spend on her? Or does everything Lula go to her directly?

• Love 4

I think it rankles Kootie that Meri is no longer under his thumb and no longer dependent on him for her happiness.  He enjoyed his power when she was miserable over the divorce and his clear preference for Robyn, and the catfishing scandal played right into his hands so he could play the role of the "wronged" party.  

Now Meri is off having fun and seems to be pretty much only checking in to play her role for the television family.  I'm not a fan of hers, but I do like the fact that she's making a life for herself after having to watch Kootie have his way all those years.  

If he sees the picture of her with the guys, he'd never admit it, but I think it would bother him.  Not because there's the slightest chance she's romantically involved with any of them, but just because he no longer has any power over her.  She has never looked so happy.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meee tooo!! This was undoubtedly by design -- designed to push her family's buttons!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm just curious if Meri does actually get to keep extra money. Maybe it's that she doesn't have to spend her portion of the family money on kids - so she ends up with more to spend on her? Or does everything Lula go to her directly?

Kody refused to help financially with the purchase of the B&B so Meri found a way to finance it herself, so I bet Kody and the rest of the family get nothing from that business. As for LLR, if Madison, Mykelti, Audrey, and Christine are all selling with Meri as their upline, then she gets a percentage of what they make, but they also make money--it's just that the percentage that goes to Meri is "extra" earnings for her without having to do the actual work. In addition, Meri also continues to sell, so all that income goes to her and probably a percentage goes to whoever her upline is. 

As for spending family money on kids, my guess is she does spend a lot of money helping Mariah (her own kid) but we don't know if she spends money on the other kids, gives them cash gifts, etc, so I'm not going to speculate on whether or not she's the most vile, evil, monster step-mother of all time. We don't see a lot of the Brown Family life, only what's presented on the tv show, so who knows? Maybe Meri chips in to help pay for Ysabel's medical appointment, or maybe she doesn't help--it's not likely something we'll ever know unless someone in the family mentions it on social media or we see/hear about on the show.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Kody refused to help financially with the purchase of the B&B so Meri found a way to finance it herself, so I bet Kody and the rest of the family get nothing from that business. As for LLR, if Madison, Mykelti, Audrey, and Christine are all selling with Meri as their upline, then she gets a percentage of what they make, but they also make money--it's just that the percentage that goes to Meri is "extra" earnings for her without having to do the actual work. In addition, Meri also continues to sell, so all that income goes to her and probably a percentage goes to whoever her upline is. 

As for spending family money on kids, my guess is she does spend a lot of money helping Mariah (her own kid) but we don't know if she spends money on the other kids, gives them cash gifts, etc, so I'm not going to speculate on whether or not she's the most vile, evil, monster step-mother of all time. We don't see a lot of the Brown Family life, only what's presented on the tv show, so who knows? Maybe Meri chips in to help pay for Ysabel's medical appointment, or maybe she doesn't help--it's not likely something we'll ever know unless someone in the family mentions it on social media or we see/hear about on the show.

This for me is where the show departs from Reality TV and falls into the realm of Entertainment.  Too many unanswered questions to how the lifestyle they are depicting functions and too much emphasis on the lalala "fun times" in plygville.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

This for me is where the show departs from Reality TV and falls into the realm of Entertainment.  Too many unanswered questions to how the lifestyle they are depicting functions and too much emphasis on the lalala "fun times" in plygville.

Exactly. For example, Meri is often derided as being aloof with the other kids since she only had the one child; however, I saw an episode where Robyn's kids came back from spending a week or two with their bio dad and Dayton ran straight for Meri and hugged her while his sisters ran to Robyn. In the family photo taken at Aspyn's wedding, Meri is holding Ariella (who is not struggling to get away or be put down, so I take that as a sign that she's used to being near Meri). There were also photos on social media of Meri and Solomon doing baking and/or kid crafts at Meri's house. On tv we saw Madison with Meri and Robyn just before she was going to tell her mom and Kody about getting engaged to Caleb, and Maddie asked Meri to be her wedding planner. We don't see the full story, only bits and pieces. Meri may be close to some but not all of the kids; the kids could view Meri as more of an "aunt" than a "mom" -- who knows? 

I do think that since Christine was the primary carer for most of the kids' pre-Vegas years, all the kids feel close to her. I don't know about Robyn's kids, especially the younger ones, since Christine wasn't taking care of them all day, every day.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, toodles said:

Meri also offered to  help with the cost of Aspyn's wedding so she could have the venue she wanted.

Meri may have had a fillin' of nostalgia for the venue, someone else mentioned that was the site where she and Kody celebrated the anniversary, where Meri posed the question of brother husbands and Kody was repulsed by the thought.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri may have had a fillin' of nostalgia for the venue, someone else mentioned that was the site where she and Kody celebrated the anniversary, where Meri posed the question of brother husbands and Kody was repulsed by the thought.

Funny how Kody thinks having more than one wife is perfectly okay but having more than one husband is repulsive! HE wants to have love multiplied for himself, but not so for the wives! 

• Love 13

Moody, mystical, Meri stands wistfully at the seashore, contemplating should I or shouldn't I...

Go ahead Meri, toss off the hat and the Shirley and plunge headlong into the surf with the boys. #BecauseYouCan

• LOL 10
  • Love 5