Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, lma said:

I remember this person. Can’t think of her name though. I got the feeling she was just impressed with their “celebrity.” There was also a different bestie who went dress shopping with Meri for the Commitment stupidity. Wonder if Meri saw the pics of herself in that dress that her friend encouraged her to buy and dropped said “friend” to give her time to think about what she did, ha!

The thing about being a celebrity, even Z list, is you don’t know if people genuinely love you for you or because of who you are. I bet a lot of these new “friends” fall in the latter category, unfortunately.

I just googled and found the friend's name, it's Elisa Furr.  If anything, Meri would be impressed with Elisa's celebrity, she seems to be a highly acclaimed entertainer, owns her own music studio and is the President/Owner of hGC, a weight loss program.

Now I have to try to recall the friend who went to help Meri with that green abomination.  It wasn't Kendra, she went with them to San Francisco on a dress shopping expedition, but I guess in all of San Francisco and Las Vegas that green thing was the best there was to offer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Did you notice she was shopping in "VegasBaby" a city she loves, with a friend, away from her family.  That is why she is happy.

Yep!!! She’s always looking happy away from the fam. 

• Love 5
On 3/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

would even go so far as to say that I would watch a show of her doing just that, way before I would tune into another boring episode of Sister Wives.  I would pay half of my life savings to see the look on Kootie and Sobbin’s faces if the network said to them, you are done, but we’ve struck a great deal with Mary and she has a brand new series.  Can you see them all falling over themselves to get in her good graces?  Hilarious!  Not the boss anymore, huh Kootie?  Blessed cummupance!  Now, what do we call this show, so I can write the proposal to the network?

I have thought the same for a long, long time. Wouldn't that make for a great show? And like you said, we may not see the KARMA hit Kootie & Sobbin smack in their ugly faces, but we'd KNOW it was.

• Love 5
On 3/14/2019 at 9:13 PM, jenifaohjenny said:

I cannot WAIT for the 10-part Netflix documentary about the collapse of LLN that will surely be coming in the future....they can call it "The Disaster of the Butter Leggings" or "Roomfuls of Crud - The Story of How LuLaRoe Took Over My House" or maybe "The Uglier the Better - Patterns Not Meant for the Weak."

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

From the Lularoe in trouble article:

The company was stuck with damaged inventory it couldn't sell, sources said. About the same time a growing number of consultants started complaining that they couldn't even sell the undamaged clothing that LuLaRoe was sending them because the patterns were undesirable and customers were losing interest.

"I kept getting horrible stuff from the warehouse … and the quality started tanking," said Emily Wright, a stay-at-home-mom and military wife who decided in October to close her LuLaRoe business after sinking more than $11,000 of her family's savings into it. "It's hard to sell something to someone when you know it could fall apart after one washing."

Several consultants claimed they received items with issues, such as uneven hems, one armhole higher than the other, ripped-open seams, and visible mold on the clothing.

"It made my entire room smell — it was disgusting," said one former consultant, who asked to be identified only by her initials, K.W. "I was trying to Febreze the clothes before selling them."

"I could never get ahold of anything that was going to sell," Quirion said. "I was getting these awful ugly prints that were impossible to unload. All throughout this, all I kept hearing from the company was buy more stuff ... just buy more stuff ... you'll have more luck and be fine."

Stidham (LuLaRoe's founders, DeAnne and Mark Stidham) told sellers to "charity out" prints that wouldn't sell — in other words, they should give them away free or at a discount.  "So we pay full price to you but have to donate and discount?" one seller asked.

Some sellers called the clothing prints "horrific" and "ugly" and said business was in "decline" and "getting worse and worse."

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

From the Lularoe in trouble article:

The company was stuck with damaged inventory it couldn't sell, sources said. About the same time a growing number of consultants started complaining that they couldn't even sell the undamaged clothing that LuLaRoe was sending them because the patterns were undesirable and customers were losing interest.

"I kept getting horrible stuff from the warehouse … and the quality started tanking," said Emily Wright, a stay-at-home-mom and military wife who decided in October to close her LuLaRoe business after sinking more than $11,000 of her family's savings into it. "It's hard to sell something to someone when you know it could fall apart after one washing."

Several consultants claimed they received items with issues, such as uneven hems, one armhole higher than the other, ripped-open seams, and visible mold on the clothing.

"It made my entire room smell — it was disgusting," said one former consultant, who asked to be identified only by her initials, K.W. "I was trying to Febreze the clothes before selling them."

"I could never get ahold of anything that was going to sell," Quirion said. "I was getting these awful ugly prints that were impossible to unload. All throughout this, all I kept hearing from the company was buy more stuff ... just buy more stuff ... you'll have more luck and be fine."

Stidham (LuLaRoe's founders, DeAnne and Mark Stidham) told sellers to "charity out" prints that wouldn't sell — in other words, they should give them away free or at a discount.  "So we pay full price to you but have to donate and discount?" one seller asked.

Some sellers called the clothing prints "horrific" and "ugly" and said business was in "decline" and "getting worse and worse."

The prints are awful.  I am surprised that LuLaNo is even still hanging on.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her arms don't look sausage-y.  Much improved.  Even her hair looks better than usual.  And no borrowing from Truely's closet.  I hate to say it, but well done, Meri.  Now, about that tooth...

She does look good there. Agree with all the positive comments. 

• Love 11

Yep finally a top that fits properly and it's a nice color and print for blue jeans.

I think she thinks that she looks skinnier in tight clothing and she's soooooo wrong about that.

This is one of the first pics where she doesn't look like a tub.

• Love 12

I really hope Meri reads here because she'd get some honest feedback and look so much better if she'd follow the advice instead of getting her back up.

I'm not a huge Meri fan but I'm more than happy to admit when she looks nice.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Gennacide said:

her wooden tooth is too much 

But i have to admit Meri is one of my favorites 

I wish she’d get that crowned.  Sure with no insurance it’s expensive.  Even with insurance, front teeth are considered cosmetic and are rarely covered.  

But the woman can afford a house with an elevator for goodness sakes.   She can go to Affordable Dentistry or even to Mexico.  (A good friend of mine just went to Mexico from New Mexico two weeks ago and got 2 new crowns. ). 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I wish she’d get that crowned.  Sure with no insurance it’s expensive.  Even with insurance, front teeth are considered cosmetic and are rarely covered.  

But the woman can afford a house with an elevator for goodness sakes.   She can go to Affordable Dentistry or even to Mexico.  (A good friend of mine just went to Mexico from New Mexico two weeks ago and got 2 new crowns. ). 

I agree, it can't be because of lack of funds.  I think Meri is just obtuse when it comes to personal appearance - which is so odd for someone who has been on TV for so many years!  But her affinity for orange skin, awful eyebrows, scarecrow hair, bad eye makeup and a bad front tooth really makes you wonder if she ever looks in a mirror.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I agree, it can't be because of lack of funds.  I think Meri it just obtuse when it comes to personal appearance - which is so odd for someone who has been on TV for so many years!  But her affinity for orange skin, awful eyebrows, scarecrow hair, bad eye makeup and a bad front tooth really makes you wonder if she ever looks in a mirror.

It seems to have become her trademark, surely she has heard feedback.  It may be her way of distinguishing herself from the rest of the pack when Kody is referencing his harem:-

Robyn, she's the bossy brunette with the chin--- Christine is the zany blonde--- Janelle is the other blonde, built for comfort, not for speed--- and then there's Meri, she's the one with the bad tooth and bad attitude.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

She can go to Affordable Dentistry or even to Mexico.  (A good friend of mine just went to Mexico from New Mexico two weeks ago and got 2 new crowns. ). 

After my dad retired I met a bunch of his friends who went to Nogales across from Tucson and Los Algodones across from Yuma. After their first visits they wouldn't consider going anywhere else for crowns, root canals, and dentures. The cost was about 10% of US prices, the staff and the work were superb, no complications, no infections, no problemos. Pero mi padre, no. He went along just for the joyrides, los mariachis y las margaritas. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Some of our local (large) churches provide free bus transportation 4 times a year for seniors and low-income folks to go across to Nogales for prescriptions.

My son had several teeth pulled at Rocky Point at a dentist that was recommended to us there. . . the equipment looked like something from the 1970s.  I would have been scared to have work done there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It seems to have become her trademark, surely she has heard feedback.  It may be her way of distinguishing herself from the rest of the pack when Kody is referencing his harem:-

Robyn, she's the bossy brunette with the chin--- Christine is the zany blonde--- Janelle is the other blonde, built for comfort, not for speed--- and then there's Meri, she's the one with the bad tooth and bad attitude.

Mr. X sings a song that mentions "built for comfort, not for speed."  Teehee, that's perfect for Janelle.

LOL at bad tooth & attitude for Meri!  You're the best, Sandy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Meri is apparently not superficial in her concerns about appearance and for that I'm glad.  I'm not on TV, but my teeth are not picture perfect.  I'm not a good candidate for doing anything about it either.  That's why I have some empathy for Meri in that she may have a good medical reason for leaving the tooth alone.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I tried to react to your post with a heart but I keep getting this message.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's only happening with Meowwwww's post no one else's.

_20190322_132131.JPG

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Meri is apparently not superficial in her concerns about appearance and for that I'm glad.  I'm not on TV, but my teeth are not picture perfect.  I'm not a good candidate for doing anything about it either.  That's why I have some empathy for Meri in that she may have a good medical reason for leaving the tooth alone.  

Not sure what problems you have but for most people it's not healthy to leave bad teeth unattended because it can lead to serious heart valve damage.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure what problems you have but for most people it's not healthy to leave bad teeth unattended because it can lead to serious heart valve damage.

Discolored teeth usually aren't a problem and if that's what it is certainly isn't going to lead to serious heart valve damage.  Mine is purely cosmetic and I'm guessing so is Meri's.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Discolored teeth usually aren't a problem and if that's what it is certainly isn't going to lead to serious heart valve damage.  Mine is purely cosmetic and I'm guessing so is Meri's.  

You said it might be due to a health issue I thought?  She has the money - she COULD get it fixed.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

You said it might be due to a health issue I thought?  She has the money - she COULD get it fixed.

Exactly why go around with a big brown tooth that looks awful and could also have health concerns.

She's supposed to be a successful business person... Why present yourself with a tooth like that?

Her priorities are so screwy, 6000 Sq ft house with elevator and water feature... Meanwhile she's sporting a snaggle tooth. 

• Love 3

I didn't say it was a health issue with her tooth.  🙂  I said there may be good reasons not to do a crown on the tooth.  The tooth may be perfectly healthy just discolored.  I have health reasons NOT to mess with my teeth as Meri could have.  My teeth are also not picture perfect, but the world just has to live with them.  Meri could be in the same position.  

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I didn't say it was a health issue with her tooth.  🙂  I said there may be good reasons not to do a crown on the tooth.  The tooth may be perfectly healthy just discolored.  I have health reasons NOT to mess with my teeth as Meri could have.  My teeth are also not picture perfect, but the world just has to live with them.  Meri could be in the same position.  

Maybe.  And maybe not.   Since none of us know for sure, we each are entitled to our thoughts and opinions about the subject.    You could be right, so we will toss out the tooth.  Why does she think looking like an Oompah Loompah is attractive?  Or despite eleventy-thousand fans saying her eyebrows are awful, they just keep getting worse (as is the eye makeup.)   Why does she insist on wearing jackets that would only fit a toddler and awful mismatched clothing and shoes.  Why doesn't she have her hair styled or conditioned or something.  So many burning questions.   ::::sighs::::

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe.  And maybe not.   Since none of us know for sure, we each are entitled to our thoughts and opinions about the subject.    You could be right, so we will toss out the tooth.  Why does she think looking like an Oompah Loompah is attractive?  Or despite eleventy-thousand fans saying her eyebrows are awful, they just keep getting worse (as is the eye makeup.)   Why does she insist on wearing jackets that would only fit a toddler and awful mismatched clothing and shoes.  Why doesn't she have her hair styled or conditioned or something.  So many burning questions.   ::::sighs::::

I think when it comes to anything dental Meri is a nitwit.

She used to do it to all the little ones...running around the house yanking out loose baby teeth with her fingers... Sometimes 2 in one day.

The only baby teeth nowadays would be king Sol and Ariellabellaprincess and I bet Robyn will have none of that with her kids.

Dentists will tell you that you shouldn't do that for several reasons... But of course dental genius Meri listens to none of that and gleefully yanked them out right and left.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Why doesn't she have her hair styled or conditioned or something.  So many burning questions.   ::::sighs::::

Awhile back there was a photo on instagram where she'd just had her hair done at a salon and it looked pretty nice.  Then she did it and it was back to choppy and orange.  She's fully in control of how her hair looks and she's shown that someone else can make it look a lot better.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Awhile back there was a photo on instagram where she'd just had her hair done at a salon and it looked pretty nice.  Then she did it and it was back to choppy and orange.  She's fully in control of how her hair looks and she's shown that someone else can make it look a lot better.  

November, 2018.

52B8F651-8CD6-421B-A3C1-2ACB45414F1D.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Smooth hair can help to minimize the signs of aging and/or less than classic facial features. Curls or waves quite often do not complement aging resting bitch face. *raises hand* 

Meri thinks her current style is Doing Something, is Edgy, is Bed Head. She looks 1000% better with smooth hair but she doesn't see herself that way yet. I still have hope for her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

01593E84-FD56-4683-9943-6C112CFD4001.jpeg

EF947E08-0999-4FCA-8E06-3F3B8469CE42.jpeg

OK, that might be the best photo of Meri I've ever seen! She has never looked that open, that happy or that pretty around her family. Wow. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think when it comes to anything dental Meri is a nitwit.

She used to do it to all the little ones...running around the house yanking out loose baby teeth with her fingers... Sometimes 2 in one day.

The only baby teeth nowadays would be king Sol and Ariellabellaprincess and I bet Robyn will have none of that with her kids.

Dentists will tell you that you shouldn't do that for several reasons... But of course dental genius Meri listens to none of that and gleefully yanked them out right and left.

Agreed!  I remember that scene.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 8:11 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

My sister noticed a trove of LLR recently in a Seattle-area thrift store. One of the workers told her a LLR consultant had dumped all her inventory because she had to “get out of town.” We’re dying to get the rest of the story, but we think we know...

It's either this, and/or the Lulano clothes don't "spark joy" anymore.     

I heard thrift stores are being inundated with stuff (junk) lately because of Marie Kondo's organizing show.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Boss Lady?  Please.  Straight outta Big Love, just like Kootie's brilliant (not) idea of moving back to Utah and running for office.  These dorks can't come up with much original stuff.  

I think that was about the time Joe Darger was running for office and lost.  Sad to say I would vote for Joe over Kody.  Wasn't Meri enamored of Joe because he had his game together?

• Love 4

I don't know if this has been asked already but the cruise ship that is stranded and nearly sinking.... Could it be the lulaRAGS ship?

I only ask because our local news had some video from on-board and in the video there was a lot of chubby looking women in awful clothing and leggings.

5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know if this has been asked already but the cruise ship that is stranded and nearly sinking.... Could it be the lulaRAGS ship?

I only ask because our local news had some video from on-board and in the video there was a lot of chubby looking women in awful clothing and leggings.

Not likely.  That one is off of Norway.  The LLR ship will be in the Caribbean.  But I'm an experienced cruiser, and can assure you that MANY cruises are full of "chubby looking women in awful clothing and leggings."

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Not likely.  That one is off of Norway.  The LLR ship will be in the Caribbean.  But I'm an experienced cruiser, and can assure you that MANY cruises are full of "chubby looking women in awful clothing and leggings."

Okay thanks! I didn't hear the full report... Walked into the room and heard the tail end and saw the little video  👍

Kind of funny that the little bit of passenger video they showed was chubbies in bad clothing... Hope they all make it home safely.

• Love 5