Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What does she have on her legs in the water???

LulaRAG leggings... Jeez Meri.. it's Aruba.. 

Take off your pants and GO swimming with the boys!!!

It's not like Joran Van Der Sloot is waiting in the waves to carry you off.  🙄

• LOL 8

I just can't with her constant selfies and "insta" posed photos. My 19 year old daughter doesn't do 1/20th of the social media bullshit Meri does.  If she's happier, it's because she finally found a medium where it's ALL about her and she can get instant, fawning, positive feedback. She's like a bottomless pit of need. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 11

I am having the displeasure of watching the season 6 Meris Tears episodes.  So let me get this straight?  She was told not to go on site, does it daily, laughs at the realtors rules or whatever, makes changes and all these demands, then expected the house to still be done?  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What does she have on her legs in the water???

I must be blind--I'm not seeing anything on her legs. 

2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I just can't with her constant selfies and "insta" posed photos. My 19 year old daughter doesn't do 1/20th of the social media bullshit Meri does. 

I don't do all the selfies, etc, either--but I don't have any fans that follow whatever I post. We all snark about the show and all its various family members; however, there are people out there who love the show and each of the wives and Kody (I know--it's shocking!). Compared to me, these people are celebrities, but not on the same scale as the Kardashian family, A-list actors, or mega-rock stars. I also think Meri's constant posting of pics, especially at these LLR events, is aimed not only for her fans, but also her customer base (ie, "see, if you join my LLR team, you could be going to exotic places and meet fascinating new people"...).

• Love 10
On 3/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, laurakaye said:

That's what I thought too (hello Meri's boobage!), and there's that creepy pesky dude on the far right again.  So who are the normal-looking guys with Meri?  Husbands of consultants?  As none of them are wearing drunk ladybug shirts with possessed clown-patterned shorts, one must assume that they are not LLN consultants themselves.

What I actually love is the positioning of Meri with two guys to her left and two to her right...just like the couch configuration of the Browns on Sister Wives!  Kody is either gnashing his teeth in outrage or he doesn't even realize that Meri is on a cruise.

All for drama/effect. Meri is an average, middle-aged woman who likely would not capture the interest of any of these guys except as someone who happens to be coming along on the bicycle tour (besides, they're real and not a catfisher). 

She does look happier, however, anytime she's away from the family. If Kody were to be annoyed with any of this, it would be her independence. She could easily leave the family and be financially fine on her own, unlike the other wives. I suspect it secretly bothers him as one of his ewes he cannot keep in line. 

Edited by TurtlePower
autocorrect can die a horrible death
  • Love 9

That hat gets Miserable Meri a few points.

You guys, she has to have been reading here!  Next to Queen Robyn, Princess Meri seems to be the least favorite 'wife.'  I don't know even Meri could deny she's beyond selfish and self-serving.  Well, on second thought, of course she could.  Just like Kootie shouldn't (but probably would) deny he's a raging misogynist and narcissist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Just like Kootie shouldn't (but probably would) deny he's a raging misogynist and narcissist.

But, but, but....God called him to be!  Monogamists just don't understand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

A lovely photo of Meri while on the LuLaNo cruise.  I wonder who she's giving the "come hither" stare to!  "Sam, look at me now babyyyy!" LOL

meri brown LOL.jpeg

Good for her.  I really wish she’d find somebody that she could be happy with.  She and Janelle seem miserable.  Kody and Robyn seem fine and Christine seems happy with whatever arrangement they have going on now.  I don’t really care if people are polygamous, so long as they’re consenting adults, but at least half these people seemed miserable from the very beginning.  I still want to know how Janelle went from Meri’s sister-in-law to sister wife.  What’s Meri’s brother think?  Didn’t Kody think that was odd?  Janelle seems odd to me outside of all those factors. She reminds me of a malfunctioning robot trying to act human.  It’s like they forgot to program in her emotions.  I’m waiting for an episode where she just spins in a circle with steam coming out of her ears speaking in a monotone, “Does not compute! Does not compute!”

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MamaMax said:

I don’t know, I suppose I should be giving Meri props for living her why, but I can’t shake the feeling she’s as much of a narccicist as Kody. 

Oh, she absolutely is.  That seems to be a family trait borne of the "I'm a huge persecuted polygamist TV star, look at me" mentality.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Consider the source.  In Touch is little more than the National Inquirer in magazine format and Kendra has not been "in touch" with the Brown bunch since she aligned herself with "Sam".

Thanks,  I started watching again, after a few years off, when I saw that Mary divorced him.  I'll keep watching,  as they say.... 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I don’t know, I suppose I should be giving Meri props for living her why, but I can’t shake the feeling she’s as much of a narccicist as Kody. 

Oh I think she totally is, nobody’s hands are clean in this imo, but I prefer her awkwardly #livingherwhy with these come hither poses that sitting around miserable and bitter. I don’t think any of them are really horrible people, but I do think they are a mix of fucked up social skills, mental health issues, and begrudgingly quoting Meri never getting to #LivingMyWhy.  I think they (most, if not all) married into this life without really figuring out if it was what they wanted versus what they wanted because somebody else wanted it, because it what was expected of them or because they wanted to get out of another shitty situation.  Theoretically, you should really choose this life because you truly believe in its principle and you truly love the people you’re  with in this arrangement.  

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t believe Kody will ever really get over the catfish thing because he like the rest of us knows if Sam were real, Meri would have left and never looked back.  Kody’s purpose is to be the center of the Brown universe and Meri being tempted to leave, made him realize he not only wasn’t the center of her universe but he wasn’t even on her radar at that point.

Edited by Irate Panda
So tired left multiple words out
  • Love 23
47 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t believe Kody will ever really get over the catfish thing because he like the rest of knows if Sam were real, Meri would have left and never looked back.  Kody’s whose purpose is to be the center of the Brown universe and Meri tempted to leave made him realize he not only wasn’t he the center of her universe but he wasn’t even on her radar at that point.

Totally agree! In some of the voicemails (which you know they all listened to) Meri is saying how much better Sam is than Kody. Even if this were a typical marriage, it would be hard to hear your wife saying those things about you and get over it. Now when you put a narcissist like Kody in the equation...I don’t think he could EVER feel “safe” with her again. You would have to really be committed to overcoming this breach of trust and he has shown he doesn’t even notice when she is in the room! 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, FreemefromTV said:

Totally agree! In some of the voicemails (which you know they all listened to) Meri is saying how much better Sam is than Kody. Even if this were a typical marriage, it would be hard to hear your wife saying those things about you and get over it. Now when you put a narcissist like Kody in the equation...I don’t think he could EVER feel “safe” with her again. You would have to really be committed to overcoming this breach of trust and he has shown he doesn’t even notice when she is in the room! 

I totally agree... It was a public kick in the nuts for Kody.

I don't think his ego will ever allow him to forgive her and I'm pretty sure if they didn't have the show to worry about he would have kicked Meri to the curb.

I think they're all disgusted with her and pissed off because she damaged their "brand" but they're putting on their fake unity facade to keep this trainwreck on the tracks.

It allows them to look like the good guys who support her...  Bunch of BS 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I totally agree... It was a public kick in the nuts for Kody.

I don't think his ego will ever allow him to forgive her and I'm pretty sure if they didn't have the show to worry about he would have kicked Meri to the curb.

I think they're all disgusted with her and pissed off because she damaged their "brand" but they're putting on their fake unity facade to keep this trainwreck on the tracks.

It allows them to look like the good guys who support her...  Bunch of BS 

He pretty much already did this around the time of the divorce and his rushed marriage to Robyn.  However, I don't think he wanted her to leave, and I also don't think it crossed his mind that she might leave on her own.  

Guys like Kootie are all about control.  He no longer wants her, but still wants control of her.  Also, guys like Kootie are walking basket cases of insecurity.  He certainly doesn't want Meri or any of them to realize he's not "all that" in, how should I say this, intimate matters.  (Sorry for putting that thought in anyone's head.  🤢)

He reminds me soooooo much of my ex-husband.  And yes, I did indeed discover that he had very good reason to try and to keep me from fully realizing that he was awful in EVERY aspect of the relationship.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, MonicaM said:

He pretty much already did this around the time of the divorce and his rushed marriage to Robyn.  However, I don't think he wanted her to leave, and I also don't think it crossed his mind that she might leave on her own.  

Guys like Kootie are all about control.  He no longer wants her, but still wants control of her.  Also, guys like Kootie are walking basket cases of insecurity.  He certainly doesn't want Meri or any of them to realize he's not "all that" in, how should I say this, intimate matters.  (Sorry for putting that thought in anyone's head.  🤢)

He reminds me soooooo much of my ex-husband.  And yes, I did indeed discover that he had very good reason to try and to keep me from fully realizing that he was awful in EVERY aspect of the relationship.

THIS. And I hope she does leave once it's decided the show is going to be done. I feel like she's a core attraction to this show anyways--let's watch to see what Meri does. If it weren't for her, this would be a huge bore fest. I may not be a fan of Meri, but those clowns NEED her for this show to even be a tick interesting. And she knows it. 

• Love 8

From a couple pages back - why is Maddie going for plain plain Jane? Geez, she looks terrible in the brown (see what I did there?) bun. From cute girl to matronly married dead end woman. 

I’m pulling for you, Meri! Yeah, I think she’s a self centered mess, but she has had a hell of an icky life. I’m sure she was mean and miserable, and she’ll have to live with that. But she deserves another shot to fix things on her own. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

THIS. And I hope she does leave once it's decided the show is going to be done. I feel like she's a core attraction to this show anyways--let's watch to see what Meri does. If it weren't for her, this would be a huge bore fest. I may not be a fan of Meri, but those clowns NEED her for this show to even be a tick interesting. And she knows it. 

I wonder if anyone is writing a book to be published soon after the show is done?  Interesting reading.  Of course you would have to get the perspectives of at least two people.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2014 at 10:50 AM, SPR26 said:

Thank you for clearing that up. That was a huge typo in the article I read. Cheers.

I do not understand this move. The situation in Las Vegas was perfect . They each had their own space and yet they could come together. They had the cul de sac for family parties.  If nothing else, he could have added a large meeting Room on to one of the homes. As a teacher, I really feel sorry for the one boy who has really worked in his high school and gotten somewhere, and now is being pulled out.  It's all just stupid Cody's Egotism.

• Love 11
(edited)

The only good part is that Meri uses caps in her hashtags. That's all I got. 

I noticed and forgot to mention earlier that she doesn't wear a ring of any kind on the married finger and the ring she wears on the other hand is not a colada ring.

#TroubleInParadise

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, antfitz said:

I do not understand this move. The situation in Las Vegas was perfect . They each had their own space and yet they could come together. They had the cul de sac for family parties.  If nothing else, he could have added a large meeting Room on to one of the homes. As a teacher, I really feel sorry for the one boy who has really worked in his high school and gotten somewhere, and now is being pulled out.  It's all just stupid Cody's Egotism.

For the homes, maybe, but it ends there. Vegas is an angry city with an increasing population and crime. I had to live in the valley while looking for a home to buy in a rural area--I work in public safety and there's NO WAY I would buy a home there knowing what I know about that city. 

Flag isn't a bad area to settle in, if Kody decides to let that happen. I surprised me they came to Vegas in the first place. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually felt for Meri when Sludge and Pudge told Meri thanks but no thanks on helping us move, especially as Pudge's mom was going to be helping instead.  And then Kodork thinking that Meri should be relieved about it because, after all, if Meri went to Chicago, she wouldn't be around to watch Kody toss his tresses and pretend to pack boxes - and it's all about Kody, all the time.

That's totally a mom/daughter thing, wanting to help a daughter set up her first house.  Pretty sneaky and underhanded backwards reasoning from the Snowflake Twins too...stay here and dill with the stuff you don't want to dill with, mom, instead of doing something that we all know you rilly want to do.  Game, set, match.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually felt for Meri when Sludge and Pudge told Meri thanks but no thanks on helping us move, especially as Pudge's mom was going to be helping instead.  And then Kodork thinking that Meri should be relieved about it because, after all, if Meri went to Chicago, she wouldn't be around to watch Kody toss his tresses and pretend to pack boxes - and it's all about Kody, all the time.

That's totally a mom/daughter thing, wanting to help a daughter set up her first house.  Pretty sneaky and underhanded backwards reasoning from the Snowflake Twins too...stay here and dill with the stuff you don't want to dill with, mom, instead of doing something that we all know you rilly want to do.  Game, set, match.

Mariah is a mean young woman .

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

.......who learned from the best.  This is why I hate sympathizing with Meri in the first place. 

Got that right.  What goes around, comes around.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

.......who learned from the best.  This is why I hate sympathizing with Meri in the first place. 

The thing is, I don’t think Meri was ever mean to Mariah— probably spoiled her, though. But mothers usually get the short end of the stick. Daddy dearest can be a misogynistic asshole, but his “intersectional feminist” daughter will never call him out on it.

I can kind of see Mariah’s point, though. If Meri is very opinionated about the “ right” way to pack and organize, she would be annoying to have help move. Perhaps Audrey also would prefer her own mother to help if she knows how controlling Meri can be.

• Love 12
(edited)

Don't get  me wrong, I am far from being a fan of Meri or Mariah but I think I noticed something sad last night. 

As soon as they cleared the air re their move Mariah took a couple steps away and had her back turned to Meri while Audrey continued talking with Meri. 

I swear it looked like Mariah reached up real quickly and wiped away tears. Which made me think that was why she took the couple steps away.

I was only able to watch the ep one time so I wonder -  did anyone else see  that?

Edited by suomi
Sorry - should have posted in Moving Meltdowns thread
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Don't get  me wrong, I am far from being a fan of Meri or Mariah but I think I noticed something sad last night. 

As soon as they cleared the air re their move Mariah took a couple steps away and had her back turned to Meri while Audrey continued talking with Meri. 

I swear it looked like Mariah reached up real quickly and wiped away tears. Which made me think that was why she took the couple steps away.

I was only able to watch the ep one time so I wonder -  did anyone else see  that?

I saw her wipe tears also. 

• Love 4
(edited)

After living with Meri all summer, Mariah & Audge probably wanted to spend some time with Audrey's mother.  Though when I moved out of state to go to grad school, I got myself and a couple of suitcases there myself.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, antfitz said:

The consensus is their homes were coming up for renewing of the finances and they simply could not afford them anymore.

Apparently up until now they had some sweet deal with the contractor who built the homes at least that's what I've read here and on other sites.

For example if your monthly mortgage payment suddenly goes from $2500 a month to double that or maybe more and you can't afford it.... Move.

• Love 6