Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Interesting.  I guess it's a "shoes off" kind of house.  One woman barefoot, 2 in stockings and 2 in easy slip-off shoes...aaaand there's Meri, in logger boots.  

I have a shoes off kind of house, but we don't go outside in our socks and then track the dirt and mud back inside, we put our shoes/boots/gardenclogs on/off as we cross the threshold.

• Love 10
On 3/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, Sandy W said:

The thing is though, that Meri blithely went along with the story because that was the narrative she was trying to sell.  Not only did she not do any research, she didn't use common sense.  

The outside door story couldn't hold up unless the patriarch of the home remained stationary in the one room and the "wives" rotated to him via the outside door or the wives occupied that room on the nights it was their turn and he surreptitiously left the living quarters and sidled down the porch to the outside door.  She didn't bother to think it through before attempting to add to the aura of this magical heritage home.

Its not like the Mormon's do genealogy or anything!  She has been to Salt Lake a time or two.  She could have gone to the giant center they have there.  I went once.  My cousin had his rehearsal dinner there.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Did she cut the sleeves off because she couldn't get her arms through them any more?  The too small jacket doesn't work with or without sleeves though.

My guess was they ripped off because they are poorly made and don't really come in her size.  You can stretch the shirt/legging material but not denim.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Did she cut the sleeves off because she couldn't get her arms through them any more? 

And for fucks sake can she stop with the “FlagstaffFashion” bullshit? She’s trying to wear a “jacket” that looks like it belongs to a 4-year-old. And yeah, she probably cut out the sleeves because she can’t fit her beefy arms in them.  

Looks ridiculous and nothing like what the rest of the population is wearing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Gah, the freakin' vest is the size of a postage stamp to begin with and looks even smaller with that generous torso of hers but then she adds HORIZONTAL stripes to the mix. Luckily she redeems herself with the all-the-suede-is-worn-away boots because those complement anything she wears. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Right? The picture, the quote...I can dig it.

I can dig it too...  👍

What I can't dig is that horrendous 90's wallpaper border.  😦

She should remove all the shitty 80's, 90's decor from the B&B and paint the rooms appropriate vintage colors.

• Love 7

The rooms look small because they're so busy. It's better than it was when she bought it but her old-timey vision of the place is awkward. She comes by it naturally because the LDS culture places a high value on ancestor worship, but she could minimalize and still create the period look she's after. The effect now is more like virtue signaling, if that makes sense. Enough with discussing the ancestors and displaying and gazing at the ancestors. After awhile it's relentless and creepy. The whole wide world is your customer base or realistically it should be. It's not like the inn is near Temple Square in Salt Lake, she's not drawing from that category of tourist. They spend their time and money in much nicer B&Bs 3.5 hours and 200+ miles north. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 6

As much as I hate to say it she actually looks sort of demure and pretty in that pic.

She should try looking like this more often and quit sporting the teary eyed, bloated, orange, gopher face she normally presents to the world. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Ditch the eyeshadow in a single unflattering shade applied from lash line to eyebrows. Gah. It looks like two garage doors. 

That's a really nice photo. Even though it's a winter jacket, clothing that fits properly makes the most of what she's got. She already has jeggings, she should go with tunics and statement necklaces. And dump the old worn fuglies and get new boots and shoes. It's not like she can't afford them. 

(When I was a kid and we were playing board games my dad would blow on the dice and then say "Mama needs new shoes" while he threw them). 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

As much as I hate to say it she actually looks sort of demure and pretty in that pic.

She should try looking like this more often and quit sporting the teary eyed, bloated, orange, gopher face she normally presents to the world. 

Agreed. But she ought to try wearing a jacket that's warm enough to keep her from looking so cold--ya know, North Face, Patagonia, etc. Those are "FlagstaffFashion", not LuLaNo useless "military jacket" (probably made from polyester or rayon). 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Agreed. But she ought to try wearing a jacket that's warm enough to keep her from looking so cold--ya know, North Face, Patagonia, etc. Those are "FlagstaffFashion", not LuLaNo useless "military jacket" (probably made from polyester or rayon). 

True, but the entire point of the picture is probably for her business, so she would want to be wearing stuff she sells.    I'm all about warmth!!  Does she EVER zip up/button ANY coat????

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

True, but the entire point of the picture is probably for her business, so she would want to be wearing stuff she sells.    I'm all about warmth!!  Does she EVER zip up/button ANY coat????

Yeah, and it look ridiculous. It's so not "FlagstaffFashion", especially in winter--those clothes are useless for a Flagstaff winter. Come to think of it, they're also useless for summer. Ugly, flimsy clothes that you either sweat and stink in or freeze in. And people buy that crap. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Does she EVER zip up/button ANY coat????

Silly, silly sheep.  If she tried to zip/button a coat that would GUARANTEE she couldn't wear one that was two or three sizes too small.  All the tops stretch - coats don't.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Her coats are always open so that no one misses those tantalizing patterned shirts! Seriously, who signs off on that shit? I really have never seen less desirable patterns in my life, and I wore some bad crap in the 70s. 

Still pullimg for you, Meri! You’ve got happy drunk written all over you! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

So, even in presumably freezing-ass cold, she doesn't even button/zip up her coat, which is probably synthetic fabric and not even that warm, anyway?  It might me a step up from the jean jacket she stole from Truely, but still!  Freeze, or sweat and stink.  Not a good choice, either which way.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I wonder if Meri is ticked off that Christine, Maddie, Mariah, and Mykelti are all selling this junk? In my opinion the reason Meri makes a living at this is due to her fame from the tv show, and fans buying this. Now with other "celebs" from the same show selling the same stuff it could decrease her sales.

If they are all fishing in the same fandom pond, there is less for everyone.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I wonder if Meri is ticked off that Christine, Maddie, Mariah, and Mykelti are all selling this junk? In my opinion the reason Meri makes a living at this is due to her fame from the tv show, and fans buying this. Now with other "celebs" from the same show selling the same stuff it could decrease her sales.

If they are all fishing in the same fandom pond, there is less for everyone.

If they are selling under Meri, this is good for her. She takes a cut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

If they are selling under Meri, this is good for her. She takes a cut.

I wonder if they are selling under her? After Maddie's tweets awhile back, I don't know if she would work for Meri again. I could see Mariah working under Meri, since Meri would give her beloved child all of the profits probably.

Do you guys think Christine is selling under Meri, or do you think she signed up under someone else, say like Maddie?

• Love 2
On 3/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

Still pulling for you, Meri! You’ve got happy drunk written all over you! 

I agree, and I agree that she looks pretty in the pictures above.  There is nothing more attractive than happiness and confidence, and it shows on her face.  Two things this life style have not afforded her in a long time.  The comments about peace, etc. are starting to make me think that one of two things have happened; Kootie has taken her back into the rotation and we are seeing the glow of someone who suddenly feels wanted again 🤢, OR we are seeing the happy glow of someone that has just decided that she has a lot going well for her (i.e., two businesses, gorgeous rental, nothing tying her down) and endless possibilities to find her own happiness.  For her sake, I hope it is the latter and I agree that she could probably be a happy drunk and a fun time if separated from the clowns.  

Hell, even knowing what I know about her passive aggressive tendencies and depressing situation, I’d still party with her and I bet she would be a blast.  I can’t help but think it would be a different Mary if she got out on her own.  I would even go so far as to say that I would watch a show of her doing just that, way before I would tune into another boring episode of Sister Wives.  I would pay half of my life savings to see the look on Kootie and Sobbin’s faces if the network said to them, you are done, but we’ve struck a great deal with Mary and she has a brand new series.  Can you see them all falling over themselves to get in her good graces?  Hilarious!  Not the boss anymore, huh Kootie?  Blessed cummupance!  Now, what do we call this show, so I can write the proposal to the network?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Maddie, Mariah & Mykelti all live in different cities and have a younger clientele. Meri's clients and fans seem to look like her.  Christine may bring in friendly younger moms who don't like Meri's walls and depressive moods.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I agree, and I agree that she looks pretty in the pictures above.  There is nothing more attractive than happiness and confidence, and it shows on her face.  Two things this life style have not afforded her in a long time.  The comments about peace, etc. are starting to make me think that one of two things have happened; Kootie has taken her back into the rotation and we are seeing the glow of someone who suddenly feels wanted again 🤢, OR we are seeing the happy glow of someone that has just decided that she has a lot going well for her (i.e., two businesses, gorgeous rental, nothing tying her down) and endless possibilities to find her own happiness.  For her sake, I hope it is the latter and I agree that she could probably be a happy drunk and a fun time if separated from the clowns.  

Hell, even knowing what I know about her passive aggressive tendencies and depressing situation, I’d still party with her and I bet she would be a blast.  I can’t help but think it would be a different Mary if she got out on her own.  I would even go so far as to say that I would watch a show of her doing just that, way before I would tune into another boring episode of Sister Wives.  I would pay half of my life savings to see the look on Kootie and Sobbin’s faces if the network said to them, you are done, but we’ve struck a great deal with Mary and she has a brand new series.  Can you see them all falling over themselves to get in her good graces?  Hilarious!  Not the boss anymore, huh Kootie?  Blessed cummupance!  Now, what do we call this show, so I can write the proposal to the network?

So do I, as much as I've disliked her all these seasons. I've been impressed with her ability to go out and get stuff done because for so many years, she'd say things and then never do them. You could see she was unhappy, but her shitty attitude made her very unlikeable. I still feel like she's been staying for the TLC money and has been forced to say she's staying with the family because it all seems so half-hearted when she says it. She sure seems happier doing her own stuff by herself. She doesn't need those assholes. 

Oh man, I would love to see that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Lately she looks happy!  For the first time in YEARS!

I wonder whatever became of her former BFF that was her staunchest supporter through the catfish crisis.  I can't recall the woman's name, but she was a cabaret performer that did Celine Dion impersonations in LV and Hawaii.  There was hardly a day went by that they didn't maintain twitter communications, does anyone follow Meri's sm enough to know if she's still around?

Meri's friend has the Robyn chin.  Old brown tooth front and (almost) center.  Ugly LuLaNo.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder whatever became of her former BFF that was her staunchest supporter through the catfish crisis.  I can't recall the woman's name, but she was a cabaret performer that did Celine Dion impersonations in LV and Hawaii.  There was hardly a day went by that they didn't maintain twitter communications, does anyone follow Meri's sm enough to know if she's still around?

I don't remember that BFF.  An impersonator?  Hmm.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Lately she looks happy!  For the first time in YEARS!

Did you notice she was shopping in "VegasBaby" a city she loves, with a friend, away from her family.  That is why she is happy.

• Love 9