Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Total fail on the wardrobe... I only sport these necklaces whilst touring the islands man...

image.png.6d160c68ad07646f0394c2f7d9286240.png

I loved those as a kid.  My daughter did, too.

Fashion forward, they are not...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow.  Last night I binged a few episodes from season 4 (first time viewing), when the fambly was waiting to move into their new LV homes.  Meri's was the last to close, and she was "super-sad" that the other 3 wives were able to move into their homes first. 

But Mariah was a little bee-yotch about it!  You'd have thought they were homeless with the way she acted.  And Meri was playing right into her brattiness.  They are really a terrible twosome, aren't they?  And then throw Kody into the mix, and yuck.

Not for nothing, but Mariah was a really homely teen.  Truely was truly homely, too (pun intended).  As is Sol currently.  In my everyday life I do not judge children on their ugliness, but I hope I can be brutally honest among my PTV friends!  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Wow.  Last night I binged a few episodes from season 4 (first time viewing), when the fambly was waiting to move into their new LV homes.  Meri's was the last to close, and she was "super-sad" that the other 3 wives were able to move into their homes first. 

But Mariah was a little bee-yotch about it!  You'd have thought they were homeless with the way she acted.  And Meri was playing right into her brattiness.  They are really a terrible twosome, aren't they?  And then throw Kody into the mix, and yuck.

Not for nothing, but Mariah was a really homely teen.  Truely was truly homely, too (pun intended).  As is Sol currently.  In my everyday life I do not judge children on their ugliness, but I hope I can be brutally honest among my PTV friends!  🙄

I remember that one! My favorite part was Meri wiping her eye boogers and sobbing about how Mariah didn't even want anythiiiing for Christmas! She just wanted to *gulp* move into the house!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

That scene with Mariah acting like a spoiled brat, not to mention stalker-ish and psycho, staring at the house, was when I seriously took a dislike to Pudge.  Meri was sucking up to her, and Kootie called Meri out on her behavior, and said he would talk to Pudge.  So even before the cat fishing, Meri had kowtowed to Pudge, instead of telling her what a little bitch she was being (in a nicer way.)  

Meri spoiled the crap out of Mariah, and it was never more obvious.  Tree, say hi to Apple.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Here are a few responses from Meri:

-"We've said it a million times!! Las Vegas was never permanent. It was EXILE when we HAD to leave Utah for the safety of the family."

-"Interesting perspective from seeing MAYBE a couple hours of the whole process..."

-"Lol we don't move around too much Haha!"

-"Seriously! And don't you just love the freedom you have to not watch??"

-"I don't have to answer for anything."

She is such a cow. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

-"We've said it a million times!! Las Vegas was never permanent. It was EXILE when we HAD to leave Utah for the safety of the family."

-"Interesting perspective from seeing MAYBE a couple hours of the whole process..."

She is such a cow. 

Hmmm. I just watched the episode where Meri herself was sitting and choosing the granite countertop color for her Vegas Wet Bar emporium and she herself said that she was so stressed over the choice because....wait for it..... "I am going to have to look at it for a very long time!!"

Bullshit on Vegas not being permanent!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Hmmm. I just watched the episode where Meri herself was sitting and choosing the granite countertop color for her Vegas Wet Bar emporium and she herself said that she was so stressed over the choice because....wait for it..... "I am going to have to look at it for a very long time!!"

Bullshit on Vegas not being permanent!!

Agree.  Why build such expensive, large homes that would be hard to sell?  A mid size home with custom amenities would be a more desirable home for a regular size family.  No walls between the back yards.  And why bury a time capsule?  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

She is such a cow. 

She's pretty terrible when it comes to fan comments, even when they're positive or polite. She can be downright mean. She's shown to be mean to potential customers for her business, too. Main reason she's successful at it is her tv personality status, so she probably feels she can afford to be an asshole and still do well. 

• Love 11
On 4/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, the-grey-lady said:

I remember that one! My favorite part was Meri wiping her eye boogers and sobbing about how Mariah didn't even want anythiiiing for Christmas! She just wanted to *gulp* move into the house!

But but but Meri has sister wives!  And sister wives are great!  Great thing they got there!  So why all the stress about the LV move as well as the Flagstaff move?  If someone's house isn't ready, just bunk with whichever wife has a house!  Throw down an air mattress somewhere and call it good!  Because sister wives!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Anyone here a fan of blind gossip sites?  I check one daily and this one does "reveals" occasionally.  Well today's reveal was Meri Brown.  The blind gossip was from several days ago and the tip was "what one wife of many wives has an active profile on Tinder?"

Not sure if its true but.... 

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, xwordfanatik said:

LMAO mildewed polyester.  My dad used to call the slacks he wore in the 70's "plastic pants."

Are you talking about those pants that have a cotton cloth lining inside and that material that "Whiffles whiffles whiffs" when you walk on the outside?  (Not sure the material).  My dad called those "parachute pants".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Is Meri telling us that Lularoe created a Corgi-playing-soccer print just for her?  Do Corgis play soccer?  Does she have something tied around her waist?  Are LLR consultants not allowed to let a shirt just hang - must it be tied, knotted, or otherwise oddly gathered?

These are just a few of many questions I have about LLR that probably don't have answers.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is Meri telling us that Lularoe created a Corgi-playing-soccer print just for her?  Do Corgis play soccer?  Does she have something tied around her waist?  Are LLR consultants not allowed to let a shirt just hang - must it be tied, knotted, or otherwise oddly gathered?

These are just a few of many questions I have about LLR that probably don't have answers.

I may have an answer.  Note the pants and sleeves are rolled at the hemlines, that coupled with the knotting, tucking and tieing of their shirts and skirts indicates a necessary adjustment for the uneven hemlines.  A very common complaint, along with mismatched seams by disenchanted LuLaNo consumers.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Whether or not Corgis play soccer is irrelevant.  I'm sure they would all rise up in protest if they saw this shirt.  And yes, I believe somewhere in the secret sacred lulano handbook are several commandments.  You must either wear 3 clashing prints at the same time or you must otherwise manipulate the garment.  If you can't tie it you must pose so it hangs as awkwardly as possible (or stretch it over your legs like Mykelti so you look like a giant grape.)

At least this top isn't two sizes too small.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, dear, Meri seems to have injured her feet.  She has yards of red bandages around them.

Ha!! the top looks like a flannel pajama top to me.  The rolled up sleeves do not help the look.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Ha!! the top looks like a flannel pajama top to me.  The rolled up sleeves do not help the look.

The rolled up sleeves just advertise that the cheap fabric is only printed on one side.  No thanks!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

519FF174-3C73-4A39-B5BE-3A53F03DAB0B.jpeg

573CBEA2-5F71-4215-8DF4-0D6ADEC327F4.jpeg

Oh lord just when I started to think there was hope for Meri and she was beginning to grasp some fundamentals of style.....  she shows up in this mess.

Where to start.. Good grief that shirt! No, No, No... And folding the sleeves when as Deirdra said just shows how cheap the fabric is.... The shoes, why does she ALWAYS wear some form of boot no matter the occasion or weather??...  I hate to bitch about her blue jeans but as usual they're too damn tight.... I like snug blue jeans too but mine don't look like they're spray painted onto my body..... The cheesy little belt tied in a bow... Ugh!

Is it really that difficult for her to Google a little and see how normal people put an outfit together?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Flash forward 20 years and we have Kody who is still relieving his glory years when rose gold convertibles ruled and mosh pits were a thing.  In comes Sobbin’ Robyn, Meri’s new lackey who gives her the respect Janelle and Christine don’t and the admiration Kody reserves for himself.  Unfortunately, Meri was playing checkers while Robyn was playing chess.  I’m convinced Kody and Christine were playing Tic Tac Toe.  Janelle is so damn lazy she wasn’t even doing that.  Meri was trying to pull in another ally and Robyn was trying to pull on some VS jeens #sheonlyhas3000pairs.  The lackey became the Queen Bee in a tale as old as time, because Robyn ain’t new but she’s new to Kody (remember he regenerates virginity), but most importantly I think Robyn won Kody’s mind (whatever remains if it).  

Wow, your entire post was wonderful, but this was my favorite part!!!  I WISH this could be published as an article - it's so much better than some of the Soap Dirt articles!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Long story short, Meri signed up for and supposedly was ok with Kody’s “cheating” if you believe that’s what he’s doing.  Kody never signed up for Meri’s .  In fact, he was disgusted by the mere mention of the possibility of it before the whole Catfish thing. Right or wrong, that was their agreement.  Now nobody’s saying they had to continue that agreement, but nobody’s hands are clean here amongst the adults.  Robyn’s the wife, Christine is the side piece, Janelle is the occasional friends with benefits deal and Meri is the second cousin twice removed living in the guest house who you’re trying to figure out if it’s ok to have feelings for.

This was my favorite part, and it's all true.

You're spot-on about Meri and Kody.  Meri was a wallflower until the (then) handsome Kody chose her from the pool of available women and turned her into "the girl that snagged Kody Brown."  I think she agreed to live plyg because she believed in the strength of their love, so additional wives or not, she'd always be the one who had his heart first and longest.  Introducing Robyn to Kody was her downfall.  I'm sure she never envisioned a day when Kody would ask her to surrender her marriage license (even though it's not supposed to matter but whatever).  And the fact that she couldn't give Kody more kids while Christine and Janelle popped them out like Pez dispensers made it all worse.

You're also right regarding the characterizations of all the women.  For the most part, I think all of them are content with their designation except Meri.  Robyn is HBIC, Janelle is furniture, and Christine - who always wanted to be third wife - still sort of holds that place.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Besides the adults seeming dumb as stumps about the term/idea catfishing, I just don’t see Kody setting up any situation wherein he looks like an inferior male (insert joke here). Also, for all their faults I just don’t see the family hatching this plot, which in reality could have painted Kody and/or Robyn as the bad guy.

Now the audience might think they’re assholes/hats for other reasons, but to knowingly invite a third party to seduce your wife so you can marry your other “wife”?  There really wasn’t any need.  Whatever Kody wants, Kody gets.  Honestly, if they wanted to shame/guilt Meri into divorce, Kody could have just used the Robyn’s kids needs to be adopted,  used every wife gets a turn at legal Brown financial reasons (taxes, social security), even started with Christine to not be completely blatant, used to keep the show on the air, there were a multitude of reasons, and when doesn’t Kody and/or Robyn even need a reason to get what they want? They just flat out say they want it and then get it.  Robin does have a little more finesse.

I just honestly don’t see the Browns putting this much effort into the long game of this scheme and I can see any situation where Kody is letting another ‘man” lure his wife.  His ego couldn’t handle that despite whatever the endgame might be.  Again, I don’t have the hatred of Kody that some on the board do so maybe I’m missing something. They all have jerk-like tendencies. I think Meri and Kody got married relatively young and threw 2 relatively young people into their marriage.  I don’t think any of them knew how to be married to one person much less 3.  I think one of the reasons Robyn and Kody seem like a true couple is that Robyn was enough old having lived through a lot of her “young and dumb” years away from Kody to know what he desires in a wife and portray those traits.  

I really think the other 4 are in some sort of arrested development.  Janelle uproots a family because there’s a pond! That’s how a 5 year old would decide to buy a house.  Christine stomps off because Kody didn’t care about her dress the next minute he’s her manly man.  That’s middle school behavior, i love him during homeroom but he’s toast during math, but I’ll let him walk me home after gym.  Meri is the freshman that married (in her mind) the popular jock in school. Kody was the guy who peaked as a senior with his fancy Thunderbird and Meri was his girl, which by default made her the grandest of them all. Sure there were others, but she was the first and in her mind the best.  

Flash forward 20 years and we have Kody who is still relieving his glory years when rose gold convertibles ruled and mosh pits were a thing.  In comes Sobbin’ Robyn, Meri’s new lackey who gives her the respect Janelle and Christine don’t and the admiration Kody reserves for himself.  Unfortunately, Meri was playing checkers while Robyn was playing chess.  I’m convinced Kody and Christine were playing Tic Tac Toe.  Janelle is so damn lazy she wasn’t even doing that.  Meri was trying to pull in another ally and Robyn was trying to pull on some VS jeens #sheonlyhas3000pairs.  The lackey became the Queen Bee in a tale as old as time, because Robyn ain’t new but she’s new to Kody (remember he regenerates virginity), but most importantly I think Robyn won Kody’s mind (whatever remains if it).  

You couldn’t pay me enough to live with Meri, she’s so damn miserable even before Robyn became the chosen one.  At that point Kody was still disgusted by Christine and her nachos and if Janelle didn’t occasionally talk, I wouldnt even be sure she was still alive.  As much as I don’t want to think about it (first, because it’s none of my business and second, the imagery) I don’t think any of them had very satisfying sex lives.  Productive yes, satisfying no, which also led to some angst in their marriages. I think Robyn while  no beauty, at least moved, probably never ate nachos in front of Kody and didn’t complain all the way through it...at least out loud.  This inflated Kody’s ego and anytime you make a man feel good about himself, he likes too keep you around.  Kody probably also has a slight safe a ho complex, so not only was Robyn feeding his ego but he was “saving” her.  Best yet, Meri’s the idiot that chose her so Kody was just making Meri “happy”.  

Long story short, Meri signed up for and supposedly was ok with Kody’s “cheating” if you believe that’s what he’s doing.  Kody never signed up for Meri’s .  In fact, he was disgusted by the mere mention of the possibility of it before the whole Catfish thing. Right or wrong, that was their agreement.  Now nobody’s saying they had to continue that agreement, but nobody’s hands are clean here amongst the adults.  Robyn’s the wife, Christine is the side piece, Janelle is the occasional friends with benefits deal and Meri is the second cousin twice removed living in the guest house who you’re trying to figure out if it’s ok to have feelings for.

Happy or sad I think Robyn is there unless she finds a better deal down the road, Christine is the only one I really think is enamoured with Kody so I could see him leaving her but never the other way around, Janelle is just too damn lazy and checked out to care either way, she probably goes wherever the moving truck takes her.  She like the old recliner, you’re not quite sure where she fits anymore but she’s serves her purpose and it’s illegal to just leave her on the side of the road, and Meri is probably trying to figure out where her life went wrong.  

If Kody truly forgave her, I think she would love him forever because I think she sees him as hers and only hers and imagines the days after TLC and it’s just the two of them riding in a 1992 Sebring convertible after she’s detached the hook for  u-haul trailer that was carting Janelle  and Christine.  Robyn stayed behind to star in Seeking Sister Wife because when the money ran out so did she. Kody’s straw hair is blowing in the wind while Meri’s visor’s down as she applies her eyebrows.  She wonders if he will pull whatever hair is left on his head into a glorious manbun.  He wonders if the should stop by a fruit stand so he can romantically purchase her a banana. They’re driving off to a mlm marketing weekend convention where hopes and dreams are born and crushed in the same weekend, and luluroe leggings are multiplied not divided, well at least not until a federal judge steps in and says so. But today is not that day, so crank up the Journey and Don’t Stop Believin’ because bad hair and bad make up be damn, they’re just living the American Dream, driftin’ and a griftin’ across this here fine United States.

Wish I could like this post 100 times! So very well put about each one of them. 

As for Meri: What went "wrong" in Meri's life was choosing Kody. It was believing she could make him happy.  3 wives later, he has neglected their relationship, helping to push her away for which Kody will never see her the same. That was the final nail in the coffin for Kody.No amount of crying or pleading from Meri will change that. For that, I do feel sorry for her. 

But, what went so "wrong" for so long is what allowed her to build her business and make money. It allowed her to buy the family home in Utah. It could allow her to break free and make a life for herself without those assholes--and she seems to be the only wife setting herself up for possible independence. Let the rest of 'em rot with Emperor Kody. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is that Adam, Janelle's ex?

Yup, Mariah looks like Auntie, the one next to Mother Meri.

And the sister to the right with the knit hat looks just like Bonnie. The middle sister, brother, and Meri all resemble each other.

• Love 2
On 4/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, Joan of Argh said:

OK someone please explain that outfit to me.

The top is all white and grey with a grey and yellow necklace - Good

Then suddenly she pairs it with an orangey brown leopard print skirt???? 

Animal prints are the new neutral

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Her family has that dopey, bible brain look to the face.... and wearing such drab modest clothing.

What exactly is "that dopey, Bible brain look to the face"?

Sincerely,

A devout Catholic who wears drab (all black) modest clothing 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Her family has that dopey, bible brain look to the face.... and wearing such drab modest clothing.

Sincerely,

It you suspect this shoe might fit, I doubt it.  I thought I was saying "rill" and "dill" instead of "real" and "deal" but I was wrong.  Then I was too embarrassed to admit I made a big dill over nothing!  lol

I wear modest clothing, too.  You are not alone!   

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

To me it's that keep sweet, follow the cult, brainwashed look.  And shapeless, ugly clothes.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't.  And I am a non-believer. Nothing wrong with that either. 

Different strokes....

Absolutely!  I certainly wasn't saying anything was wrong with someone being different!   And I'm not a Catholic.  The only thing I had in common with LoneWolf was the clothing.   : )

.....I think I will just go to bed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't.  And I am a non-believer. Nothing wrong with that either. 

Different strokes....

I read the comment last night and was still bothered by it tonight. I've never push my beliefs upon others nor do I believe myself without fault--I have many faults.  I have no issue with people whose beliefs differ from my own and I don't much care what people wear (or don't wear! 😂). I took exception to the "dopey Bible look" mostly. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm going to bed, too, Kyanight.... it doesn't really matter. I'll just probably take a break from these boards for awhile. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Sincerely,

It's a look that I notice on the cult type groups... like they're brainwashed or something and they're typically wearing very unflattering clothing.

I wear black, I dress relatively modestly,  I was raised by parents who followed the Bible and I love them dearly, my mother is Catholic, my dad isn't with us anymore.... He didn't attend church but respected my mother and her devotion.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

I took exception to the "dopey Bible look" mostly. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I understand that at first glance it seems like it is a dig at people who are devout followers of the Bible.  I'm sure it was NOT the original poster's intention to offend believers.  I hope you do not feel like you are being insulted on this board.  I hope you come back and comment often as we REALLY do need every point of view.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

I read the comment last night and was still bothered by it tonight. I've never push my beliefs upon others nor do I believe myself without fault--I have many faults.  I have no issue with people whose beliefs differ from my own and I don't much care what people wear (or don't wear! 😂). I took exception to the "dopey Bible look" mostly. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm going to bed, too, Kyanight.... it doesn't really matter. I'll just probably take a break from these boards for awhile. 

I found this recording of the Sister Wives forum hoping that LoneWolf comes back sooner rather than later: 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I understand that at first glance it seems like it is a dig at people who are devout followers of the Bible.  I'm sure it was NOT the original poster's intention to offend believers.  I hope you do not feel like you are being insulted on this board.  I hope you come back and comment often as we REALLY do need every point of view.

I said who I was referring to... MERI'S DOPEY FAMILY.

It wasn't directed at anyone else which I think is OBVIOUS since it was a picture of MERI AND HER DOPEY FAMILY.

I can't help it if someone wants to read into it something that isn't there or intended.

Jeeez I'd be upset all day long if I took every snark directed at the Brown's and decided the posters was actually talking about me.  🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 9