Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I said who I was referring to... MERI'S DOPEY FAMILY.

It wasn't directed at anyone else which I think is OBVIOUS since it was a picture of MERI AND HER DOPEY FAMILY.

I can't help it if someone wants to read into it something that isn't there or intended.

Jeeez I'd be upset all day long if I took every snark directed at the Brown's and decided the posters was actually talking about me.  🙄

I think tone is important.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Agnostic here, but I respect the religious and/or spiritual beliefs of everyone, and I expect the same in return.  That being said, I took it as a joke toward polygamy, with a nod to their keep sweet, Lulanoe, inbred culture.  

Now you know that we're not gonna let ya go a ridin off into the plague-ridden sunset, Lonewolf! Get cher heiny on back heah, now! Don't make me send the Avocado Express after ya!  😁

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Higgins said:

I think tone is important.

...and so easily misinterpreted when it's the written word rather than spoken.  When voice inflections and facial expressions are missing, sometimes offense is taken when none is intended.

Please reconsider your hiatus Lonewolf, your viewpoints are invaluable and much appreciated.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I said who I was referring to... MERI'S DOPEY FAMILY.

I think it was the insertion of the word Bible.  What does the Bible have to do with the fact that you think Meri's family is dopey?  

• Love 5

I'm glad for Meri that she at least has a lasting relationship with Marly, even if it is only a dress.

It's maybe one of the only flattering LLNo garments I have seen her model but is she posing with the hip extended to disguise the uneven hemline.  What is it with the Brown women and the dirty feet and legs or are those bruises from tripping barefoot on the flagstones of Flagstaff.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's maybe one of the only flattering LLNo garments I have seen her model but is she posing with the hip extended to disguise the uneven hemline.  What is it with the Brown women and the dirty feet and legs or are those bruises from tripping barefoot on the flagstones of Flagstaff.  

I think it is some sort of rule buried in the handbook "No Normal Poses.  You MUST somehow twist and/or contort your body."  And you a right, the first think I noticed were the dirty legs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it is some sort of rule buried in the handbook "No Normal Poses.  You MUST somehow twist and/or contort your body."  And you a right, the first think I noticed were the dirty legs.

That 3/4 to the camera pose with one leg bent and one arm bent is taught to fashion models.  It is supposed to be slimming. First thingk I noticed was the dirty legs too.  It is also a good reminder not to take off your boots or slides while sunbathing or getting a spray tan

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Other than dirty legs, Meri looks rather nice.  Living away from the cuddle-sac has done wonders for her, IMO.  

Indeed.  She might just figure out that leaving Kootie would not make her a loser, but a winner, and free of all these judgy fambly members.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it was the insertion of the word Bible.  What does the Bible have to do with the fact that you think Meri's family is dopey?  

What it has to do is describe my interpretation of the look I'm describing.

The cults typically use the Bible (or sometimes other religious books) to brainwash and if you ever have to deal with any of the cult members they look brainwashed and recite certain scripture over and over like a robot.

As I've said before one of my brothers married a girl who grew up in a cult and now she's my sister in law, we dealt with her nutty brainwashed siblings and others from the cult for a few years before they finally gave up.

Every time they would show up somewhere it was the same cherry picked scriptures delivered with the same monotone brainwashed vacant stare.

I don't have a problem with the Bible, I have a problem with people who use it to harm others.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't have a problem with the Bible, I have a problem with people who use it to harm others.

Precisely why I have left religion behind.  Every faith has some sort of scripture they follow so I understand you were using "bible" generically.

This is the look that gives me the chills.  At least the Browns have not sunk to this level.Warren+Jeffs+1.jpg

Meri, get a pedicure and some soap before you subject us to your filthy legs and feet.  Maybe soap isn't in the budget for washingk up the clan.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Precisely why I have left religion behind.  Every faith has some sort of scripture they follow so I understand you were using "bible" generically.

This is the look that gives me the chills.  At least the Browns have not sunk to this level.Warren+Jeffs+1.jpg

Meri, get a pedicure and some soap before you subject us to your filthy legs and feet.  Maybe soap isn't in the budget for washingk up the clan.

Exactly, that type of thing reminds me of my sister in law.

I love her dearly and it was a battle to help rescue her from the hell she was living and it took many years for her to finally smile and enjoy life without feeling guilty.

She now has a happy life with 3 children and a husband who loves her.

When I first met her she'd never gone shopping or picked out anything to wear... She wore what the elders deemed appropriate.  

She'd never driven a car or got a drivers license....  She now has her own car and goes wherever she wants.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

To me, her leg doesn’t look dirty, it just looks there is a huge bruise on it. 

It's on both legs and the heel of her right foot and the ankle of her left.  Maybe dye from the booties she is so fond of wearing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's on both legs and the heel of her right foot and the ankle of her left.  Maybe dye from the booties she is so fond of wearing.

It's so weird... She always wears boots or some big clunky shoe ieven in situations where a flip flop or small slip on flat shoe would be more appropriate.

Then she shows up on some craggy dirty looking cobblestones wearing a dress and bare feet.

Wtf... The one place you might want to be wearing a good shoe or boot.... Meri wears nothing.

*sigh*

• Love 12
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5AE15EDE-0E2E-41FC-819C-2880ADA5377A.jpeg

778A5BCD-A75E-4692-B795-1D4A0845E476.jpeg

All I can think of are the synthetic materials these clothes are made from and how much they probably smell after a day of wear, unlike linen or cotton. For the cost, you'd think these pieces were made from linen, not synthetic garbage. 

Sidenote--My own experience with sythentics is not good--our agency got us soft, comfy synthetic shirts for rescue work and half a day in I'm like, sniff, WTF? I washed and put on deodorant!  Not only did they stink up fast, they did not keep us any cooler. Nope! Dug out my old cotton shirts after that. No matter how clean you are, you will stink with sythentics. Nasty. 

Meri's hashtags should read:

#StinkyPits #BecauseIStink #SoftButSmelly #LuLaNoeGnarly 

And STOP with the "FlagstaffFashion", Meri. Your version is not a "thing". 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I agree about synthetics and stink.  I ordered Ralph Lauren pajamas from Macy's, and wrongly assumed they would be cotton flannel.  They were polyester.  Not good.  Needless to say, I didn't wear them but once.  

I usually make fun of Meri's choice of footwear (OK, practically anything she wears) but in this case, fugly shoes would have been better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Synthetics don't breathe so you perspire more (and sooner) than you do when wearing a natural fiber. Synthetic fabrics smell horrible when your body heat warms them - so you find yourself sporting body odor AND clothing odor. 

The clothing ad on this site features some cute tops so I clicked on three of them: polyester, polyester and polyester. Nuh uh, no thank you.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but watching Meri talk again about "Sam" made me almost laugh.  She is basically saying this "Sam" brain washed her by telling her Kody was bad and her family was bad.  What I cannot understand is that she was falling for it.  A complete stranger bad mouths your family and husband and you just go along with it.  I didn't remember  seeing Kody saying that she told him to get out of her life.  She must have begged his forgiveness once she found out Sam did not exist.  I know we are not seeing the real hard conversations Meri and Kody must have had after her failed attempt to leave him.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but watching Meri talk again about "Sam" made me almost laugh.  She is basically saying this "Sam" brain washed her by telling her Kody was bad and her family was bad.  What I cannot understand is that she was falling for it.  A complete stranger bad mouths your family and husband and you just go along with it.  I didn't remember  seeing Kody saying that she told him to get out of her life.  She must have begged his forgiveness once she found out Sam did not exist.  I know we are not seeing the real hard conversations Meri and Kody must have had after her failed attempt to leave him.

I think it's all BS and they were all seriously shocked and pissed off at Meri but after the initial shock of it Robyn probably pointed out that they needed to circle the wagons and protect the brand which is their bread and butter.

So theyve slowly crafted a revisionist view of it all and tried to remove the more salacious aspects while pointing out that the reason THEY were able to get through it is because they are a family and they stick together... In other words polygamy is superior because you have this large family that stands together whenever there's a calamity.... blah blah blah.

They don't dwell on the WHY because that doesn't suit their agenda.

• Love 14

I laugh every time Meri goes to Brainwashed Avenue because it reminds me of the scene in ET when, before Elliott will reveal the extraterrestial in the closet, he swears his big brother to secrecy by making him say "You have all power."

I think the truest part of the catfish scenario is that she has never given one inch toward admitting that she was complicit and willing. I think her "walls" conveniently come up and they are so sick and tired of her shit that they just walk away. 

They know and she knows they know but whatever, because she has more balls than Kody and Robyn combined. 

I don't think she comes off with any of her LLR money. Because walls, and "all by myself." She loves it when Kody hints or asks and she loves polishing her brass balls while saying "Nope" and watching him take it. If he asked the other wives for money (which they don't have anyway) they would say "How much and when do you need it?" but Meri, who actually has money, says "Flock you."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

I laugh every time Meri goes to Brainwashed Avenue because it reminds me of the scene in ET when, before Elliott will reveal the extraterrestial in the closet, he swears his big brother to secrecy by making him say "You have all power."

I think the truest part of the catfish scenario is that she has never given one inch toward admitting that she was complicit and willing. I think her "walls" conveniently come up and they are so sick and tired of her shit that they just walk away. 

They know and she knows they know but whatever, because she has more balls than Kody and Robyn combined. 

I don't think she comes off with any of her LLR money. Because walls, and "all by myself." She loves it when Kody hints or asks and she loves polishing her brass balls while saying "Nope" and watching him take it. If he asked the other wives for money (which they don't have anyway) they would say "How much and when do you need it?" but Meri, who actually has money, says "Flock you."

Flock you Poo Poo Head!

• LOL 9
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Flock you Poo Poo Head!

Made me sick watching them all chuckle about their cursing like they're soooo funny and edgy.

They sounded like a room full of 6 yr old boys who aren't sure how to pronounce the "F" word but they know it's naughty.

When my oldest son was 4 we were at the local park and this other little boy who had a mouth on him like a sailor said to my son that he was a "fuckface"....  My son had never heard the word before and thought the kid was being silly so he called the kid "duckface, sharkface!"

The other kid was soooo shocked he said "you're a funny kid" and laughed... He then asked my son if the other kid nearby was his brother and my little guy said "nope, my mom is my brother"... The kid laughed his ass off because he didn't know what to make of it. 

My little guy was very sheltered. Lol

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, LucyEth said:

And I don’t remember the exact timeline, but their relationship moved at lightning speed. Something like six months from first tweet to broken up, and it was something else crazy like three weeks between they first text to saying “I love you.” Brainwashing doesn’t fit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, MakingBacon said:

To me, her leg doesn’t look dirty, it just looks there is a huge bruise on it. 

It looks like varicose veins.  I have a spot like that on the side of my leg.  Its not even half the size of hers.  But it does look like a bruise.  I scrub my ankles because I used to work in a factory and it was very dusty and yes it would stick on your ankles through pants and socks.  

• Useful 3
16 hours ago, LucyEth said:

“Sam” May have told her things she was already feeling about her family, such as Kody treated her like crap as soon as he fell in love with Robyn, and having additional wives join the family made her jealous and miserable. These are Bad Thoughts according to their “lifestyle” but I suspect she was having them, and perhaps it was liberating and seductive to have a “sympathetic friend” validate them. Everyone else in her life gaslights her by telling her it’s bad and wrong to have these perfectly natural feelings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

“Sam” May have told her things she was already feeling about her family, such as Kody treated her like crap as soon as he fell in love with Robyn, and having additional wives join the family made her jealous and miserable. These are Bad Thoughts according to their “lifestyle” but I suspect she was having them, and perhaps it was liberating and seductive to have a “sympathetic friend” validate them. Everyone else in her life gaslights her by telling her it’s bad and wrong to have these perfectly natural feelings. 

I fully agree, the catfish surmised where Meri's doubts and weaknesses were and moved on those assumptions, validating Meri's own feelings.  This was the point where Meri should have had the sense to seek professional counseling instead of being swept away on the tide of promised devotion and a life of luxury.  It's not as if she was unfamiliar with the concept of seeking outside guidance, they had been in family therapy for 25 years, with Nancy and another family therapist before her in Utah.  A good psychologist could have guided Meri to make the hard decisions to either love it or leave it.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I fully agree, the catfish surmised where Meri's doubts and weaknesses were and moved on those assumptions, validating Meri's own feelings. 

I agree, and I believe this happened right after Meri's divorce so Kody could legally marry Robyn. Also, right around the divorce Meri had that health scare--she had lost a lot of weight without trying and she had to have some scans done--her doctor thought she might have cervical cancer. I remember a lot of viewers were mad that Kody wouldn't go to the doctor with Meri--she had to face all that alone. At that time Mere was at her weakest and most vulnerable state emotionally.

Edited by kimaken
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I agree, and I believe this happened right after Meri's divorce so Kody could legally marry Robyn. Also, right around the divorce Meri had that health scare--she had lost a lot of weight without trying and she had to have some scans done--her doctor thought she might have cervical cancer. I remember a lot of viewers were mad that Kody wouldn't go to the doctor with Meri--she had to face all that alone. At that time Mere was at her weakest and most vulnerable state emotionally.

I had forgotten all about that health scare and about Kody being his usual narcissistic jackass self. No wonder Meri was vulnerable. 

• Love 6
On 4/15/2019 at 7:28 AM, AZChristian said:

Legs are definitely weird.  Looks like dye to me.  Maybe her cheaply made LulaNoe jeans were TOO tight in the lower legs?

Capture.JPG

Wonder if she is on warfarin?  My husband has to take it for a blood clotting disease and his legs look similar.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kimaken said:

I agree, and I believe this happened right after Meri's divorce so Kody could legally marry Robyn.

I thought she agreed to the divorce during the cat fishing incident.  This would make it easier for her to walk away with Sam (if he were real).  Bonus, Kody gets to marry Robyn and adopt her children.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I thought she agreed to the divorce during the cat fishing incident.  This would make it easier for her to walk away with Sam (if he were real).  Bonus, Kody gets to marry Robyn and adopt her children.

That all happened around the same time in 2015. Kody was already done with Meri, throwing all his energy into his new wife and her kids. I think Kody and Robyn pressured Meri into agreeing to the divorce and allowed her to save face by claiming it was all her idea, "for the children" on the show. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure I would include the “bug man” in my marketing:

83AAB360-D25A-49DA-BDAE-5789D88E9271.jpeg

B816C4D1-FFD4-477C-8691-9C2E780E78C0.jpeg

I want to know what kind of bugs he was spraying for.  If I were thinking about a place to stay and saw this comment about a bug guy I would look for another place.  I am totally squeamish about bugs and certain types really make my hair stand on end.  Maybe she could find another way to advertise the ghost.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I want to know what kind of bugs he was spraying for.  If I were thinking about a place to stay and saw this comment about a bug guy I would look for another place.  I am totally squeamish about bugs and certain types really make my hair stand on end.  Maybe she could find another way to advertise the ghost.

I think spraying is routine (or should be) for any facility that rents rooms to the public.  It's a precaution because a hotel or inn has no way of knowing what comes in with people's luggage or clothing.  It would make me feel more comfortable as a guest if I saw a discreet sign posted at the facility, but there is no way it should be used in advertising.

• Love 15

And my experience (having lost an earbud and searched thoroughly under the bed in our room at Lizzie's), that place is immaculate.  I agree with @Sandy W . . . preventive treatment is imperative at a place where people bring in their luggage, etc.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure I would include the “bug man” in my marketing:

83AAB360-D25A-49DA-BDAE-5789D88E9271.jpeg

The way it's written it sounds like the bug man was spraying Sarah

"he told her he'd finish and be out of her hair"  😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Name of ghost lol
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

And my experience (having lost an earbud and searched thoroughly under the bed in our room at Lizzie's), that place is immaculate.  I agree with @Sandy W . . . preventive treatment is imperative at a place where people bring in their luggage, etc.

After reading your account of staying at Lizzie's I'm tempted to go there and snoop around.

I can't shake the feeling that there'd be something to laugh about. 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

After reading your account of staying at Lizzie's I'm tempted to go there and snoop around.

I can't shake the feeling that there'd be something to laugh about. 😂 

AZ's account of the breakfast had me slavering and Janelle-like, I fully intend to duplicate it someday.  As it is, the best I can do is slap my Cheerios and crunchy granola topped with 2 or 3 fresh fruits in a bowl, weekends I may extend my efforts to bacon and eggs.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I agree with @Sandy W . . . preventive treatment is imperative at a place where people bring in their luggage, etc.

I'm sure a lot of places do it but, honestly, to do incorporate in a story that you are putting out there in public is just stupid.  She could have called him a workman or repairman or something and no one would have thought twice about it.  But "bug man"?  I"d be checking my shoes for cockroacnes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I've been watching older episodes in between the new ones and Meri drives me nuts constantly rolling her foot at the ankle whenever she's sitting.

She's always wearing some big ugly tan colored clodhopper boots to emphasize the ankle foot rolling round and round and it gets more and more exaggerated whenever she gets pissed off or upset... Especially during TH conversations about the catfish etc.... Her face gets red, eyes tear up, the eye booger wiping starts and there goes the clodhopper boots.... Round and round.    Ugh! 

I want to tie an anchor to her feet and hand her a tissue.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem with routine pest control.  I do the same in my own home.  However, staying in a place with a ghost?  Problem.  Big problem.  I'm open minded on the subject.  Don't really believe or disbelieve, but I'm not interested in having any encounters.  I'm also cowardly and have a vivid imagination so I'd probably have some sort of frightening experience whether it was real or imagined.  🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I don't have a problem with routine pest control.  I do the same in my own home.  However, staying in a place with a ghost?  Problem.  Big problem.  I'm open minded on the subject.  Don't really believe or disbelieve, but I'm not interested in having any encounters.  I'm also cowardly and have a vivid imagination so I'd probably have some sort of frightening experience whether it was real or imagined.  🤣

We stayed at a haunted hotel in Jerome AZ. I had an encounter,  which surprised me, but didn't scare me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4