Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

I'm totally delighted that they're chem-testing Sasha and Michael.

That was unexpected, given my predictions that she'd be sexing up Griffin.  But I guess then it will just be Michael who gets up on a high horse then when the truth about her comes out.  "All these wicked women ruining my life!"  Shut up in advance, Mikey.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

It was really amazing to me how Carly could be bound in a trunk, out cold for however long it took to get to Niagra Falls, thrown over... whatever wall that was, and she somehow woke up practically unscathed with her hair fanning out perfectly. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I didn’t find the Julian/Alexis couch romp either sexy or offensive. Between the cheesy music and the bad choreography, I just thought it was comical.

Aah, Michael, the suave CEO. How did he describe his job? “Chill”? I guess if you have no skills and don’t actually ever do anything, it would be pretty easy to run a multinational company. <eyeroll> And look who’s about to be sucked down into the quicksand of banality. Poor Sasha.

4 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

Also, props to the set department. I wasn't sure how they would do Niagara, but they really did do it well. 

Yeah? I had the opposite reaction. Everything just looked so recycled: The cabin setting was the same as Peter’s bondage vacation, the bridge was the same one Jason and Robin used to frequent, and the concrete ditch was the infamous trans-denim birth setting. We didn’t even get stock aerial footage of the Falls, a la Ankara.  I know the show doesn’t have a budget, but the characters might as well have stayed home, because...it kinda looked like they did.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

It's because she's brave and strong and fans with her whole hair. Not just a part of it.  

How does one with no heart love with her whole heart?! (This was tired two decades ago, it's tired and ridiculous now.)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

but the characters might as well have stayed home, because...it kinda looked like they did.

This.  Why bother saying they're in Niagara Falls when they didn't bother to change any of the sets.  There was no specific reason for it to be NF.  Even with Ava and Ryan going over the railing could have been in PC.  

• Love 7

Michael had more chemistry with Nina than Sasha. Maybe he should try an older woman again. Abby is still the only one who brought something out of him... but to be fair, he was supposed to be playing a totally depressed and shut down person at that time, which is his strong suit. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But I guess then it will just be Michael who gets up on a high horse then when the truth about her comes out.  "All these wicked women ruining my life!"  Shut up in advance, Mikey. 

Always applicable. 

I like how there's a scene with Jason and Laura in the cabin not knowing where Ryan and Ava went to the next scene being Jason shooting Ryan on the bridge.  I guess he's 65% borg mixed with 35% bloodhound.

Also, thank god Laura was there to actually spell it out for Ava.  The robot just kept repeating "Move out of the way." 

The Turkey stuff would be totally unwatchable, what with Sonny "my son, my son"-ing all over the place, if not for Robert.  At least he makes it a little better.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

We didn’t even get stock aerial footage of the Falls, a la Ankara.  

We got an aerial shot when the kids arrived at Niagara Falls, I think, but nothing after that. 

Shiloh's cult seems to be a combination of Scientology and Nxivm. How edgy and current, GH!

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, thank god Laura was there to actually spell it out for Ava.  The robot just kept repeating "Move out of the way." 

I was surprised Jason wasn't going to shoot Ava just because she's Ava. It's not as if Sonny would care.

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Turkey stuff would be totally unwatchable, what with Sonny "my son, my son"-ing all over the place, if not for Robert.  At least he makes it a little better.

The "my son" stuff drives me INSANE. Use his name, would you, Sonny? Your son is an adult who made his own choices, so stop whining that the WSB forced him into anything. GAH. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I like how there's a scene with Jason and Laura in the cabin not knowing where Ryan and Ava went to the next scene being Jason shooting Ryan on the bridge.  I guess he's 65% borg mixed with 35% bloodhound.

Ryan had already told Ava in previous episode that the bridge was a quick jump into Canada. Jason knew about the bridge, so it was a good guess that Ryan would head that way since it was so nearby the cabin.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I guess he's 65% borg mixed with 35% bloodhound.

Which equals 100% boring. 😏

So it's the big climax of the Ryan storyline...and that's where they slot in this weird Alexis/Julian dream sequence slash test balloon?  That timing of that makes no sense to me.

I'm with you on this TeeVee329. Way to kill the momentum of the Ryan reveal/climax, show. We could have waited for this*.

Edited by RedRockRosie
*This being the Julexis dream sequence.
  • Love 9

I know that there are thousands of asylum seekers who cross into Canada but I also know that there are police patrolling the borders. I really doubt that Ryan can just cross over a bridge and get in.

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

How does one with no heart love with her whole heart?! (This was tired two decades ago, it's tired and ridiculous now.)

When your heart is the size of a teaspoon, it's easy to love with all of it when you love.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

If Ryan & Ava land next to Carly I will just die. Die I say!!! Ryan was all like, “You shot me in the shoulder. WTF Man!” Too funny! I was glad that Laura was able to bring some actual dialogue to the situation. We weren’t getting anything from the cyborg. I’m also glad Ava told Cyrborg but Cyborg (and, Sonny & Carly) will just blame Ava for everything because it’s what they do.

Also, Alexis & Julian not only didn’t have couch sex they had fake couch sex. That was rather disappointing.  I didn’t really think it was real because didn't he just have sex with Kim on top of the bar? I know it’s possible to do it but I think even Julian wouldn’t do that, right? That said, it was a pretty good cliffhanger for a Friday and I’ll be back on Monday. A sucker born every minute. Have a good weekend y’all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sam's first words to Kristina yesterday: "Is Julian here?"

Lord, I am sick and tired of the self-righteous quartet practically LIVING at Charlie's Pub and then acting like the owner is intruding on their space by being there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Jason's perfection annoys me the most.  He is the ultimate Mary Sue.  He's not going to get in over his head, he's not going to accidentally shoot the wrong person.  He's not going to run down the police commish in a parking lot.  He never loses.  And that's what makes him so bland as a character. 

• Love 21
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

and that's where they slot in this weird Alexis/Julian dream sequence slash test balloon? 

Well, one storyline is ending, so they have to start ramping up another and nothing says exciting like the story of Alexis' mother's watch that was dropped 4 months ago, or a Julexis redo when one half of the couple is happily dating someone else.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jason's perfection annoys me the most.  He is the ultimate Mary Sue.  He's not going to get in over his head, he's not going to accidentally shoot the wrong person.  He's not going to run down the police commish in a parking lot.  He never loses.  And that's what makes him so bland as a character. 

LOATHE HIM. 

• Love 12

The story of Alexis' mother's watch could be an interesting story line if it centers on Alexis' Cassidine past.  Alexis watched Helena slit her mother's throat.  What if Stavros was able to save her life and kept her in hiding to keep her safe from Helena?  Maybe while he was "dead" Nicholas found Alexis' mother and brings her back to her daughter.  Not only would Alexis have her mother back but the Cassidine Coven would have their grandmother back.  Alexis' would have knowledge of all kinds of Cassidine secrets.  Sam, Molly and Kristina could explore their Cassidine roots.  There is a lot of story line potential there and it would have nothing to do with Sonny and the gummie bear gang. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The "my son" stuff drives me INSANE. Use his name, would you, Sonny? Your son is an adult who made his own choices, so stop whining that the WSB forced him into anything. GAH. 

Yeah, having a crime boss lecturing the WSB at the same time a mob hitman is lecturing the police is a bad if typical look for this stupid show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

The story of Alexis' mother's watch could be an interesting story line if it centers on Alexis' Cassidine past.  Alexis watched Helena slit her mother's throat.  What if Stavros was able to save her life and kept her in hiding to keep her safe from Helena?  Maybe while he was "dead" Nicholas found Alexis' mother and brings her back to her daughter.  Not only would Alexis have her mother back but the Cassidine Coven would have their grandmother back.  Alexis' would have knowledge of all kinds of Cassidine secrets.  Sam, Molly and Kristina could explore their Cassidine roots.  There is a lot of story line potential there and it would have nothing to do with Sonny and the gummie bear gang. 

That's the reason they keep dragging their feet doing the story. They're trying to figure out a way to make this about them, and have Jason save the day somehow because it must be a clause in SBu's contract.

• Love 8

You know, I wouldn't mind if Chase was the Jason replacement.  It would be a good way to intergrate him into the canvas. Have Ava snap and be the one that kills Ryan once she figures out he murdered Kiki.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, bamajen said:

Jasam will never bring in any better ratings, but Dream would. 

Would it? I don't think any soap couple is going to move the needle on ratings at this point. I don't think any have since maybe L&L in the 90s - and I can't imagine that that compared to their effect on the ratings in the 70s/80s.

Even then, if GH had had these writers and Frank as EP it would've been cancelled in the 70s. FV and his various HWs have really driven home how important it is to have a good EP/HW team.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, OhIKnow said:

.. whatever wall that was

Wasn't that the same "thing" that Sam fell over/was thrown over (I don't even remember at this point) and gave birth to Scout on the ground at the bottom?   And when everyone was on the footbridge, I'm thinking, "They're all on the Robin-Jason bridge now??  In Port Charles???".      I've also seen - numerous times - those supposed motel cabin rooms in other story lines over the years.   The least they can do is paint the walls or something to make at least a feeble attempt at fooling us.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think any soap couple is going to move the needle on ratings at this point.

Same here. I think the era of the soap supercouple has been over for at least 10 years. For one thing, soaps aren't written to highlight relationships like that anymore. For another, the relationships are now forced, instead of letting them happen organically.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2019 at 5:34 PM, ulkis said:

For people who like Peter and Maxie, do you think they're going too slow or are you okay with the pacing?

I’ve been dipping in here and there, and I like Peter and Maxie. I blame KS—I’ve liked all of her pairings except Spinelli. I think the pace has been good. I really appreciate that the characters have made a conscious decision to move slowly rather than the show creating outside obstacles to keep them apart. I appreciate that they’ve addressed how the people in Maxie’s life and Nathan’s own family are reacting to her being involved with someone(and specifically Peter). What I don’t appreciate is that for about three weeks now every single conversation they’ve  had has been about Valentin and Nina. At least Maxie also got to cover something else yesterday in between the Nina/Valentin exposure plotting. I do think there’s potential in Maxie having a partner who’s morally gray, unlike either Nathan or perfect Saint Spinelli, but that doesn’t mean I want to watch them have the same conversation about other people over and over and over again.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

How hilarious would it be if Carly, who's climbing up those makeshift steps on the side of the pit, gets to the top but before she can climb over onto the bridge, Ava and Ryan knock her back down, on their own way down.  

I have this great mental image of that and it is a scene worthy of Monty Python.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

...which is why it will never happen.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam's first words to Kristina yesterday: "Is Julian here?"

Lord, I am sick and tired of the self-righteous quartet practically LIVING at Charlie's Pub and then acting like the owner is intruding on their space by being there. 

Sam wanted her sister to leave work with 10 seconds notice and hang her with because, hey, she's on an important quest to unmask Shiloh, and it's too bad if Julian is left without help. Too bad that Kristina actually felt an obligation to stay and do her job. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like Alexis with her doctor. Can’t they just hook up? I really like WIllaim DeVry (especially sans shirt) and, I don’t like him with Kim but RC (I think it was him) ruined the Alexis & Julian pairing. Usually, soaps can erase anything but Julian putting a knife to Alexis throat killed all the sexual tension. Bummer!

• Love 2

I believe it was Jean and Groundbreaking and Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman who did Julian/Alexis/knife.

Oh gawd, and now I just flashbacked to Sonny saving Alexis because he had to go pay the fireworks guy because the local mob boss funds the town's 4th of July fireworks.  Definitely Jean and Shelly.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I’ve been dipping in here and there, and I like Peter and Maxie. I blame KS—I’ve liked all of her pairings except Spinelli. I think the pace has been good. I really appreciate that the characters have made a conscious decision to move slowly rather than the show creating outside obstacles to keep them apart. I appreciate that they’ve addressed how the people in Maxie’s life and Nathan’s own family are reacting to her being involved with someone(and specifically Peter). What I don’t appreciate is that for about three weeks now every single conversation they’ve  had has been about Valentin and Nina. At least Maxie also got to cover something else yesterday in between the Nina/Valentin exposure plotting. I do think there’s potential in Maxie having a partner who’s morally gray, unlike either Nathan or perfect Saint Spinelli, but that doesn’t mean I want to watch them have the same conversation about other people over and over and over again.

carley was in a drainage ditch in a different area...ava told jason where to go find her before ryan yanked her over the BRIDGE...by the way does anyone know the name of the palm reader/wsb agent who read sonnys palm??      thanks in advance

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Wait, what?  They did this little promo thing for International Women's Day by showing "Carly" mugging for the camera?  Whoever thought that up is delusional.

Reason #2,978,675 why I am glad I no longer watch ABC Daytime (what's left of it!) or its commercials. CARLY?!

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Wait, what?  They did this little promo thing for International Women's Day by showing "Carly" mugging for the camera?  Whoever thought that up is delusional.

I didn't have a problem with it. It said Laura Wright who is a woman and a lead on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Carly's a woman last I checked. Just because you don't like her doesn't maker her a man or anything.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

But Carly is the last one to stand for female independence.

Who gets to decide that?  Who gets to decide what traits women are supposed to have?  Each individual woman.

The only current female character I would consider a good role model would be Molly.  

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 2

What I don’t appreciate is that for about three weeks now every single conversation they’ve  had has been about Valentin and Nina

Maxie has done the yeoman's heavy-lifting work for the character of Nina and the acting of MS.  Free Maxie (and Liz).

There is a lot of story line potential there and it would have nothing to do with Sonny and the gummie bear gang. 

GH has so much potential for improvement if it would get rid of the Corinthos clan and Franco and Nina (and free Dr. Matt and Dr. Laars from prison).

• Love 6
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I believe it was Jean and Groundbreaking and Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman who did Julian/Alexis/knife.

Oh gawd, and now I just flashbacked to Sonny saving Alexis because he had to go pay the fireworks guy because the local mob boss funds the town's 4th of July fireworks.  Definitely Jean and Shelly.

Were they also responsible for the Britt barbecuing barbie scene?  Cause that was awesome!

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • LOL 1

I really question how some of the actresses feel about this material.  I know it's a job, its fictional and all but some of the crap spewed out by nearly 90% of the females on this show is disgusting.  It's so cringeworthy to me.  In particular Sam at the moment is beyond pathetic.  Liz.  Alexis and Julian.  Carly.  Ava.  The way they are written is insulting and they get so much damn screen time to spew this women hating bullshit.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Ohhhhh! I thought it was RC who did the Julian with a knife to Alexis’s throat. My bad. Anyway, they can’t seem to come back from that. It seems soaps can walk back anything but this makes Alexis look stupid if she did take Julian back. NLG and WDV are smoking HOT together but it looks like that train hasn’t left the station for a true reunion. IMO! 

I am a total feminist (and pacifist, and law-abider) 23 hours a day, but I long ago gave up applying my basic moral code from 3-4PM. *shrug* it's the only way I can watch without going into rage blackouts. So yeah, I'm ready for Julexis. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Ohhhhh! I thought it was RC who did the Julian with a knife to Alexis’s throat. My bad. Anyway, they can’t seem to come back from that. It seems soaps can walk back anything but this makes Alexis look stupid if she did take Julian back. NLG and WDV are smoking HOT together but it looks like that train hasn’t left the station for a true reunion. IMO! 

Alexis already looks stupid with or without Julian imo.  But I don't think Julexis will ever truly happen, at least any time soon with Frank in charge.   The whole knife to the throat was to try and get WDV fired in the first place.  Now all they do is tease them every 4 months while Julian is off with Kim.   

Unless Kim gets written off when Oscar dies, I think Julian/Kim will be a thing for awhile now that Drew/Kim was shelved. 

1 hour ago, Hater said:

I really question how some of the actresses feel about this material.  I know it's a job, its fictional and all but some of the crap spewed out by nearly 90% of the females on this show is disgusting.

Somehow I doubt many of them even pick up on any of it in the first place.  But if any of them do, the "it's a job" excuse might be what keeps things going.

• Love 2

I was a total Julexis shipper when they first got together. But now Alexis just looks pathetic dreaming about Julian. Woman, if dreaming about sea with this man causes you to want a drink, maybe just MAYBE the universe is trying to tell you he’s toxic for you.

• Love 7

I guess FV is probably the one who doesn’t want to commit to a Julexis reunion. I think he’s afraid of flax. I think it’s probably 50/50 of people who would/hate them getting together. Don’t ask where I get those stats. I just made them up. LOL!!!! Although, I will say I was a little surprised it was a dream sequence. Granted, he just had bar sex with Kim but I just the assumed the sexual tension just got to them. Alas it was not meant to be......yet. 

I am looking forward to Monday to see Ava’s reaction (and, surviving the fall) to finding out it was Ryan who killed Kiki and she’s been sleeping with the enemy. Yikes! Sister is gonna rip everyone to shreds over this one. Too funny!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Who gets to decide that?  Who gets to decide what traits women are supposed to have?  Each individual woman.

The only current female character I would consider a good role model would be Molly.  

International Women's Day is supposed to be about celebrating positive traits in women. The Carly character started on GH as a young adult, and has been mostly a destructive, lying schemer who got her money and power from her relationships with men. 

If the promo was meant to attract a young adult audience, it should have been ER and/or KS. Regardless of what you think of either actress, the Lulu and Maxie characters are the children of legacy families/couples Luke and Laura and Frisco and Felicia. They were born on the show, the audience has seen them grow up and get jobs, get married, and become parents. Regardless of whether you find them respectable in their jobs, they did not get those jobs because of their significant others or someone's fear of or respect for their parents. Their young children have not been through trauma (so far), unlike the multiple kidnapping, gunshots, and bombs that Sonny and Carly's children have been subjected to. Lulu has been faithful to Dante, and Maxie was faithful to her late husband, Nathan. They are both trying to be at peace with disturbed/delusional people related to their children, for the kids' sake. 

This all may seem like a low bar, but it certainly places them above Carly as role models. 

• Love 10