Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Speaking of boring, Kevin's been back for only a few days and I’m already tired of him. I used to really like the character, but he’s become so passive and devoid of personality 

He said (while hooked up to the IV at GH) that he's so tired/exhausted. I think the passive behavior is deliberate, to show that Kevin has been emotionally and mentally worn down by being Ryan's prisoner, by being so isolated, and worrying what Ryan would do to Laura and his friends, etc. He almost got emotional when he told Anna that during all that time in Ferncliff, he wondered if he would ever see Laura again. 

I liked that he wasn't intimidated by Jason's attitude, after dealing with Ryan for 5 + months. Seems like once Kevin is recovering and getting back into life, his character will improve.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, is practically unrecognizable. She flat out said she married Franco to prove that he is worthy/give the doubters the middle finger. Um, excuse me, you are not a teenager/young 20 something.  What about responsibilities for your children? One of the the unintended consequences of this whole mess was that her eldest son gets beat up, and her response was "I'm sorry, but..." Her priority should have been to let Cam know he and his brothers come first, always. Cam's anger is legit, regardless of whether Franco was guilty of those murders. She needs to listen to her son and fix the fractures in their relationship. She also needs to get it through her head that Franco does not value Cam as much as he values Jake and praises Aiden because he's little and insecure.

• Love 8

Longtime viewer (on and off since the 70s), fairly longtime lurker, first time poster (in this forum). I can deal with everyone ending up in the Niagara Falls area at the same time [old school soap device]. But has anyone connected with GH ever been to the Falls - utterly gorgeous nature surrounded in both countries by urban settings.  The bridge you can walk across also carries cars and goes right through downtown on both sides.  I realize this is a small point but it has been making me nuts. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Love 8

I'm going to miss Ryan.  I mean, the crazy is just such soapy deliciousness.

My favourite line of the past few months:

Ava;  Kevin, why is Carly in your trunk?

Ryan:  She's a wedding present to you, my bride

I mean, that's all kinds of nuts, yet he excpected her to be all, okie dokie.  Jon is kicking ass in this thing.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 19

Way to go Madam Mayor. Yes, let the murder know that you won't blink and eye if he kills Ryan.

Justice system. What's it good for? Absolutely nothing.

The people of Port Charles must be high on fumes.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Way to go Madam Mayor. Yes, let the murder know that you won't blink and eye if he kills Ryan

Eh, this is one of those rare times that I don't care if someone kills Ryan.  He's a serial killer, he can die.  I won't shed a tear.

What bothered me is that Jason got the info on where Ryan was, because he was with Laura.  Liz talks to Cam, who tells her that he ran into Ryan at the same motel.  Liz calls Laura and tells her where Ryan is.  That's the only way Jason knew where to go, but he'll get all the credit.  And, I hate that they now have Laura sitting in the car waiting for it all to go down.  why not have Laura be the one to find Carly on the side of the road while Jason deals with Ryan, if the show must have Jason be the one to deal with Ryan.  I fear that Jason will dispose of Ryan and also find Carly.  

• Love 6

Frank and company are so unoriginal. Sam pushed off the bridge pregnant. Now big mouth Carly pushed off the bridge pregnant. Let me guess ole dog saves his slagbeast?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Well, I mean, can your really hold murder against anyone when no one ever stays dead?

If I were in a jury in PC, I would always have to vote to acquit.  How do we really know the victim is dead?  I don't care if there's a body. There's almost always a body. It means nothing!!!!

I don't mind when they bring a character back to life when they've specifically left an opening for that.  For example, Jason falling into the water after being shot and not finding the body. Frisco going MIA and they never found a body.  Robert and Anna blowing up and they couldn't identify the bodies. Etc.

What I can't stand is when they bring back dead people where Munchkins have sung about them being "most sincerely dead."  Diego.  Dead.  No, police do not let fathers remove dead bodies, AKA evidence, from crime scenes.  AJ.  No, mother doctors don't just get to say their son is dead and then spirit them away without anyone wondering where the body is.  Lesley.  Car accident and it didn't explode. Her husband's a doctor. He would know if she weren't dead, I'm thinking.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Eh, this is one of those rare times that I don't care if someone kills Ryan.  He's a serial killer, he can die.  I won't shed a tear.

I won't shed a tear when he dies or is carted off, but the reliance on the holy hitman to dispense justice while the mayor looks the other way is so corrupt, it's not even funny.

ER over-enunciation is grating.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

What I can't stand is when they bring back dead people where Munchkins have sung about them being "most sincerely dead." 

Plllleeeassee explain, because this brings back memories of the oompa -loompahs singing in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and the munchkins in "Wizard of Oz" and I doubt that's what you meant. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

while the mayor looks the other way is so corrupt, it's not even funny.

Oh, I agree and normally would be just as pissed.  But I'm thinking it wasn't the mayor that was making the request, so much as the woman who's husband was held captive for 5 months and who's daughter was brutally stabbed.  And I know that's splitting hairs, but I'm ok with it this time.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I thought today was pretty good soap, although I agree with everyone about Jason being undeserving of whatever credit will be awarded to whoever takes out Ryan.  Although I enjoyed him saying he'd take care of Carly and then just slamming down the trunk lid, I'm also a little disappointed in wherever Ryan left Carly. They're in Niagara Blinking Falls! Can't he at least leave her by some water that would suggest a swiftly rushing river? Or on an ice floe?

Edited by rur
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Plllleeeassee explain, because this brings back memories of the oompa -loompahs singing in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and the munchkins in "Wizard of Oz" and I doubt that's what you meant. 

That is exactly what I meant.  I think from now on, on GH when they have absolutely no intention of bringing a character back from the dead, the mayor of Munchkinland needs to come and sing that he/she is really most sincerely dead.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Is it me, or does the place where Carly is lying look just like the place where Sam gave birth through her jeans?

Yes.  They couldn't get set design to make it look a little different.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Okay, I wasn’t watching when Sam gave birth through her jeans. So many of you have mentioned this craziness that I just have to have an explanation of this miracle from someone who saw it. 

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ava;  Kevin, why is Carly in your trunk?

Ryan:  She's a wedding present to you, my bride

ugh a little too Paul Bernardo for me.

I also laughed at Jason asking Spinelli to hack into the hotel's "mainframe". Wouldn't it be easier for Laura to call the main desk on her bluetooth phone and say there was a medical emergency for Dr Collins and they needed to find him or something like that, rather then the Borg searching on his phone and talking while driving.  Why did Laura go to Niagara Falls anyways, to be told by Jason the Rescuer to tell her to sit in the car.

BTW saw the beautiful VA in her new show on CBC last night, didn't watch the whole thing yet but it was great to see her again and away from GH. Apparently her RL boyfriend "Andre " visited her in Nova Scotia so maybe he will end up on the show too.  Maybe they can make some room for "Dante" as well

• Love 6
(edited)

I have no use for Ava or Carly, but I'll give credit to MW for making it really clear that Ava is scared of/nervous around "Kevin" since he's so nonchalant about why Carly was in the trunk.  She appears to be trying to continue to fake enthusiasm about getting married immediately, so as to not provoke him/endanger herself. I absolutely think she'll believe Laura, esp. because the preview shows her asking Kevin to "make it right" re: hurting Carly.

I agree with you all that Jason being the hero in yet another dangerous situation (so he can rescue Carly AGAIN) is unoriginal b.s. When Elizabeth mentioned Felicia today, my first thought was, "Why no follow-up when Felicia appeared to figure out that "Kevin" was Ryan?" Felicia should have gone to her husband Mac, the former police commissioner, and told him about the way "Kevin" demeaned Laura and spoke as Ryan used to. Then Mac and Felicia talk to Laura about their concerns; she has just arrived at the hospital.  Mac should be driving with Laura to Niagara Falls, to meet up with police officers on the scene. Mac knows Ryan's history/psychology well, so he's more than capable of helping the police apprehend Ryan and save Ava (and Carly).  

Given Laura's adventure history with Luke and the fact that Ryan has just victimized her family, it's in her character for her to want to go after Ryan and save Ava. It's convenient that she's the mayor in this case. I liked the way Elizabeth (accurately) described how Laura was handling things. Although I rolled my eyes at Lulu's outrage/indignation. Yes, Lulu, you were manipulated by a man who was hiding his true identity (again - apparently she's forgotten about the Heinrich/Peter situation already). She's so shocked by this, yet she and Maxie just days ago acknowledged that something was very wrong because according to Laura "Kevin" had a list of all of Ryan's victims, when the police didn't even know about two of those women. *RME.*

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Lulu, you were manipulated by a man who was hiding his true identity (again - apparently she's forgotten about the Heinrich/Peter situation already). She's so shocked by this, yet she and Maxie just days ago acknowledged that something was very wrong because according to Laura "Kevin" had a list of all of Ryan's victims, when the police didn't even know about two of those women. *RME.*

To be fair, Ryan planted memories in her brain. It's not normal to disbelieve your own memories

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Although I rolled my eyes at Lulu's outrage/indignation. Yes, Lulu, you were manipulated by a man who was hiding his true identity (again - apparently she's forgotten about the Heinrich/Peter situation already). She's so shocked by this, yet she and Maxie just days ago acknowledged that something was very wrong because according to Laura "Kevin" had a list of all of Ryan's victims, when the police didn't even know about two of those women. *RME.*

I'm sure she'll write a great article about it, though--one worthy of her Pulitzer Price-worthy journalistic skills.

16 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Okay, I wasn’t watching when Sam gave birth through her jeans. So many of you have mentioned this craziness that I just have to have an explanation of this miracle from someone who saw it. 

Sam got kidnapped by Olivia Jerome when she was 'oh, who knows/who cares' months pregnant and OJ threw her off the bridge in PC.  She went into labor at the bottom of the ravine and Drew, then thought to be Jason, found her and had to deliver the baby right there.  The way the scenes were shot it looks like Sam still has her pants on when Scout is born.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh good grief. It’s as stupid as I thought it would be. Thanks!

One of the few times Monaco bothered to act in the last 3 years, so there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ava was the only one who though to CALL FUCKING 911!

Laura was all, "Oh, Chase, hey, I meant to get in touch with you cuz, yeah, I found out where the killer is, mmmkay. Then later Liz calls Laura when she find out about the motel. So damn dumb.  

When Ryan said Carly was 5 miles away last time he saw her, I thought for sure she was in a raft or canoe headed toward the falls. That would have been cool. If she starts in about "Oh no my baybay!!!!!!" as soon as she wakes up, I will need a drink. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Today's episode had so much recapping, it felt like an hour of "Previously on General Hospital". The only movement was Ryan leaving Carly some place where 'she can fend for herself'.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I also laughed at Jason asking Spinelli to hack into the hotel's "mainframe". Wouldn't it be easier for Laura to call the main desk on her bluetooth phone and say there was a medical emergency for Dr Collins and they needed to find him or something like that, rather then the Borg searching on his phone and talking while driving.  Why did Laura go to Niagara Falls anyways, to be told by Jason the Rescuer to tell her to sit in the car.

But then Jason couldn't be the hero in every way possible. The idea of him phoning Spinelli to hack into the hotel's computer system instead of just phoning them up is completely eye-rolling.

21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

When Ryan said Carly was 5 miles away last time he saw her, I thought for sure she was in a raft or canoe headed toward the falls. That would have been cool.

I should have got this. I deserve to get this.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth, on the other hand, is practically unrecognizable. She flat out said she married Franco to prove that he is worthy/give the doubters the middle finger. Um, excuse me, you are not a teenager/young 20 something.  What about responsibilities for your children? One of the the unintended consequences of this whole mess was that her eldest son gets beat up, and her response was "I'm sorry, but..." Her priority should have been to let Cam know he and his brothers come first, always. Cam's anger is legit, regardless of whether Franco was guilty of those murders. She needs to listen to her son and fix the fractures in their relationship. She also needs to get it through her head that Franco does not value Cam as much as he values Jake and praises Aiden because he's little and insecure.

Elizabeth may have married Franco when she did because of others (although I didn't get that impression at all) but she had been intending to marry him for about a year.

Franco has bonded to Jake more because Jake needed him to recover and Aiden needs him now. Of course he's not as close to Cameron. Cameron is an older teen who is hard to get close to at the best of times (a time when real parents are often estranged from their kids) and he was hostile to Franco for a long time.

I know most people here will agree with him but I thought Cameron was badly disrespecting of his mother when he eye-rolled 'yeah Mom, you're so desperate to whitewash Franco you'll make up anything no matter how ridiculous'. For that he should be apologizing.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Laura was all, "Oh, Chase, hey, I meant to get in touch with you cuz, yeah, I found out where the killer is, mmmkay. Then later Liz calls Laura when she find out about the motel. So damn dumb.  

this is exactly what's wrong with this picture. Detective Chase is hanging around the hospital, having a nice chat with Lulu, while Jason Morgan is basically doing his job for him.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He said (while hooked up to the IV at GH) that he's so tired/exhausted.

So they didn't show Kevin being rescued?  That's stupid.

And now he's at the hospital and Felicia/Mac/Lucy, in any combination, are not there for him/with him?  Also super stupid, given we JUST saw them being all concerned about him on Monday.

Now that we're nearing the end of the Ryan story, I gotta express my disappointment again how much of an afterthought Kevin was.  Don't get me wrong, Jon Lindstrom was faboo throughout and I'm glad he got this big showcase finally.  But Kevin was basically just a means to an end, Ryan should have been taking apart Kevin's life at the seams to get back at him for keeping him locked up all these years.  It's just so frustrating.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

So, if part of this twin-blindness thing was related to trying to transfer memories, and we know that Jason's memories were transferred to Drew, and Anna is now worried that she got some of Alex's memories (here's hoping those are the memories of sex-with-Faison-and-giving-birth-to-Peter), what happened memory-wise with Ryan and Kevin? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I know most people here will agree with him but I thought Cameron was badly disrespecting of his mother when he eye-rolled 'yeah Mom, you're so desperate to whitewash Franco you'll make up anything no matter how ridiculous'. For that he should be apologizing.

Well I was annoyed that Liz just had to tell Cameron that Franco is not the killer as if that was going to change how Cameron feels about Franco, but then I realized the whole point of that was so that they could reveal where Ryan was.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He didn't actually say that; Elizabeth was eager to give Cam the "important news" that the charges against Franco had been dropped/that she is right to love and believe in him (and subtext= see Cameron, you should love Franco with all your heart now!!!). He was incredulous that she was focused on that in the moment because a) he did NOT care about the latest Franco news/thought she was just believing what is comfortable AND b) his terminal friend is in the hospital due to a seizure. Elizabeth was aware of the emergency, but seemed pretty nonchalant about it because she's so happy to tell the world "Franco's not the killer!! I was right!!!" I felt like his attitude was more of the tone 'just because Franco is the highlight of your life, does not mean he's the center of the universe for everyone else.'

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And now he's at the hospital and Felicia/Mac/Lucy, in any combination, are not there for him/with him?  Also super stupid, given we JUST saw them being all concerned about him on Monday.

Correct. Chase told Laura Kevin was on his way to the hospital, and then Laura and others (Jason included) see him in a wheelchair, being wheeled by a hospital staff person and accompanied by a police officer. Kevin has had brief conversations with Laura, Anna, Finn, Jason, and possibly Chase - but no sign of Felicia, Mac, or Lucy. It is very stupid. I presume they will make appearances now that Girl Reporter can  provide information she obtained from talking to Chase and Elizabeth. You'd think the three of them would have shown up today to see Kevin, since Laura had hours to call them while riding shotgun with Jason to Niagara Falls. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

So, if part of this twin-blindness thing was related to trying to transfer memories, and we know that Jason's memories were transferred to Drew, and Anna is now worried that she got some of Alex's memories (here's hoping those are the memories of sex-with-Faison-and-giving-birth-to-Peter), what happened memory-wise with Ryan and Kevin? 

My guess is that it will be a retcon explanation for why Kevin had those breakdowns - one on this show and one on "Port Charles" - where he thought he was Ryan, that Ryan's memories were swimming around in his noggin'.  I don't think the Chamberlain/Collins boys will be a big part of the twin stuff going forward (and giving the pacing, Anna should find Alex sometime in summer 2020).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

As I Friz fan who adores Liz and likes Franco I have no issue with Cameron's attitude about them, and agree with Trina's advice as well.  Franco knows full well how Cameron has basically always felt about him, and he accepts it.  Liz has blinders on about the whole issue which is realistic about that kind of conflict with kids and stepparents, even if exaggerated because of Franco's history and Cameron's history of being bailed on by every father figure he's ever had.

• Love 5
(edited)

By the way, I can't believe the biggest death in this Ryan storyline is going to be Kiki's, and only because Haley Erin left.  Why even bother having a serial killer on the soap if he doesn't clear some clutter off the canvas!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

giving the pacing, Anna should find Alex sometime in summer 2020

That seems optimistic.

Robert Fucking! Scorpio and Sonny Ugh! Corinthos should never team up for anything. Though at least Robert gets to tell Sonny to sit still and wait, they're in Robert's world now. The fortune-telling stuff was soooo embarrassing.

I liked that Elizabeth called Cam to make sure he was okay and then told him he was still in trouble. Hee.

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

I also laughed at Jason asking Spinelli to hack into the hotel's "mainframe". Wouldn't it be easier for Laura to call the main desk on her bluetooth phone and say there was a medical emergency for Dr Collins and they needed to find him or something like that,

If Laura called, she'd be connected to the room without getting the number. I don't think hotels give out that information as freely as they might have. Jason should have had Spinelli hack into the GPS in Ryan's car and find him that way. 

I hope LW is enjoying napping during her scenes.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, I can't believe the biggest death in this Ryan storyline is going to be Kiki's, and only because Haley Erin left.  Why even bother having a serial killer on the soap if he doesn't clear some clutter off the canvas!

The last time a serial killer ended up killed characters on contract we lost Emily and Georgie which should have never happened. 

• Love 2

Oh of course those deaths shouldn't have happened.  But oh, imagined if Ryan had killed Nina.  Or Griffin.  Or, hell, killed Oscar months ago so we didn't have to listen to all these teen whining.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Now that we're nearing the end of the Ryan story, I gotta express my disappointment again how much of an afterthought Kevin was.  Don't get me wrong, Jon Lindstrom was faboo throughout and I'm glad he got this big showcase finally.  But Kevin was basically just a means to an end, Ryan should have been taking apart Kevin's life at the seams to get back at him for keeping him locked up all these years.  It's just so frustrating.

It's doubly frustrating when you think of what this story could have been if it played on all the right beats and involved all the right characters. Perhaps we wouldn't be so annoyed to see Jason Patron Saint of Shooting coming in out of nowhere to be the savior if the needed veterans - Felicia, Mac, Lucy, Robert - hadn't been treated as personas non grata in a storyline that should have primarily focused on them, not Ava, Franco, Carly and now Jason. And you're right, Kevin was an afterthought in what was supposed to be a story that was at least fifty percent about him. We only saw him in Ferncliff four times over a six month period when we saw every single moment of Carly's three-week mistreatment in that place. We didn't see him get rescued after Laura left the basement. The only real destruction Ryan did of Kevin's life was to try to divorce Laura and attack Lulu, and Lulu's attack was presented more from the Girl Reporter angle and not the Lulu-is-Kevin's-stepdaughter angle. 

JL was amazing and I sincerely hope he gets nominated for and wins the Emmy as a middle finger to this show that doesn't value the veteran characters they have. But this storyline could have been so much better if they didn't have to twist themselves into pretzels to get the usual suspects into the story. 

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Liz has blinders on about the whole issue which is realistic about that kind of conflict with kids and stepparents, even if exaggerated because of Franco's history and Cameron's history of being bailed on by every father figure he's ever had.

I think it's more than blinders. There was a scene at the hospital elevators where Carly got in Elizabeth's face about her relationship with Franco and how he's bad for her sons. Elizabeth snapped back that "my boys love Franco!" Well, Cam definitely does not love Franco and it seems like Aiden just sort of accepts Franco because he's there (Aiden didn't get a say when she moved Franco in). While I agree with some of what you're saying, it seems like Elizabeth is determined to believe that she can gloss over the issues and pressure Cam to love and accept Franco. Because if she can't make the "my boys love Franco" statement true, how can she get other Port Charles folks (aside from Drew and Kim) to accept him/endorse her love for him?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The last time a serial killer ended up killed characters on contract we lost Emily and Georgie which should have never happened. 

But if there's zero at stake--like, we KNOW no contract players are in jeopardy--it lessens the impact of the story.  This show right now has way too many characters and yet not a one got 86'd.   Just dumb.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

JL was amazing and I sincerely hope he gets nominated for and wins the Emmy as a middle finger to this show that doesn't value the veteran characters they have. But this storyline could have been so much better if they didn't have to twist themselves into pretzels to get the usual suspects into the story

I'd love to see JL win best actor and MW win best actress.  They have both been remarkable during this storyline. 

• Love 10

So, Carly is back in Port Charles near the same bridge as Sam was? If not, then I’m confused. I know soaps are on a budget but a little set design with a Niagra Falls sign shouldn’t be that hard to make, right? Jordan needs a new wig. It looks like one big birds nest. Not a good look. Since, she’s in the hospital with one less kidney I’ll give her a pass for now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam got kidnapped by Olivia Jerome when she was 'oh, who knows/who cares' months pregnant and OJ threw her off the bridge in PC.  She went into labor at the bottom of the ravine and Drew, then thought to be Jason, found her and had to deliver the baby right there.  The way the scenes were shot it looks like Sam still has her pants on when Scout is born.

All I have to add is that although we did not know it at the time, she was rolling around in cat feces at the bottom of the ravine. The germs gave her a disease that made her have hallucinations and want "Jason" away from Sonny. It was truly a tragic year for Sam. Fortunately, Sonny and Carly have forgiven her.  

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

Why did Laura go to Niagara Falls anyways, to be told by Jason the Rescuer to tell her to sit in the car.

I know! And since when is Laura ok with just waiting patiently while the menfolk take care of business? So irritating.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Elizabeth mentioned Felicia today, my first thought was, "Why no follow-up when Felicia appeared to figure out that "Kevin" was Ryan?" 

Apparently, the brief inclusion of Mac, Felicia and Lucy in the storyline was the writers throwing us a bone and assuming that would be enough.  Note to writers: IT WASN’T.

7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

When Ryan said Carly was 5 miles away last time he saw her, I thought for sure she was in a raft or canoe headed toward the falls. That would have been cool. 

At the very least, he could have stuffed her into a barrel.

So Liz can’t wait to tell Cameron the “very important news” of Franco’s innocence. How about the incidental, almost-too-silly-to-mention news that a man you know and could encounter at any moment is actually a serial killer in disguise?  Sheesh.

I liked Trina as the voice of reason today. She could grow on me.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Blackie said:

BTW saw the beautiful VA in her new show on CBC last night, didn't watch the whole thing yet but it was great to see her again and away from GH.

I watched it too.  Didn't love it, had a bit too much angst in it, but I will watch another to see if it improves.  And I did love seeing VA again.  Kept trying to picture her in this storyline with Ryan.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And now he's at the hospital and Felicia/Mac/Lucy, in any combination, are not there for him/with him?

Maybe there are, in offscreen GH where Brucas and TJ/Molly reside.  Besided showing the vets would have meant not showing Jason stopping off at every place in town, searching for his precious Carly.  And then the 3859 reciting of how Carly wanted to find out who the neighbour at Ferncliff was.  I mean, did you know she had a neighbour at Ferncliff who turned out to be Ryan.  That needs to be told again, rather than have Lucy sitting and waiting for Kevin to get out of surgery.  Heck, Jordan lost a kidney and needs a transplant on the other, and we barely saw her son checking on her.  But we saw Jason and his gun and Sonny with some weird palm reader.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Maybe there are, in offscreen GH where Brucas and TJ/Molly reside.  Besided showing the vets would have meant not showing Jason stopping off at every place in town, searching for his precious Carly.  And then the 3859 reciting of how Carly wanted to find out who the neighbour at Ferncliff was.  I mean, did you know she had a neighbour at Ferncliff who turned out to be Ryan.  That needs to be told again, rather than have Lucy sitting and waiting for Kevin to get out of surgery.  Heck, Jordan lost a kidney and needs a transplant on the other, and we barely saw her son checking on her.  But we saw Jason and his gun and Sonny with some weird palm reader.  

I think they were attempting to reiterate why carly belongs in the story.

But it was nice reading here and other places how jason and carly stuck out like a sore thumb in all this. 

The naive part of me hopes the writers take note and pull back on their involvement in things in the future but i doubt it.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I sure hope Avery has a live-in nanny.

Leticia2. (Leticia was Michael's caregiver unless they wanted to drag him out to prop Jason.)  Although it's strange that no one, and certainly not St. Jasus, thought to wonder what's going on with Avery since all three of her parental figures are away.

13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think it's more than blinders. There was a scene at the hospital elevators where Carly got in Elizabeth's face about her relationship with Franco and how he's bad for her sons. Elizabeth snapped back that "my boys love Franco!" Well, Cam definitely does not love Franco and it seems like Aiden just sort of accepts Franco because he's there (Aiden didn't get a say when she moved Franco in). While I agree with some of what you're saying, it seems like Elizabeth is determined to believe that she can gloss over the issues and pressure Cam to love and accept Franco. Because if she can't make the "my boys love Franco" statement true, how can she get other Port Charles folks (aside from Drew and Kim) to accept him/endorse her love for him?

I agree that Elizabeth wants to gloss over any issues around Franco.  Maybe she's wrong, maybe that's the only way she can have a what seems like a loving relationship with him. It seems like it's been a long time since Elizabeth had a relationship where she wasn't' always worried that he liked another woman more.

I'm sure Carly will say that Jason is better for Jake than Franco but we've seen that Jake doesn't even cross Jason's awareness unless Liz or Carly or Sam push it. (I'd put Jake after Carly, Michael, Sonny, Sam, Danny and now Scout on Jason's list of people he will bestir himself for.) Aiden, whose father appears to have disappeared,  seems to genuinely like the guy who takes him shopping to a kitchen supply store and lets him stay up late creating incredible cupcakes. Cameron's father is dead and while things are bad now, he appeared to accept Franco until Franco was accused of being the serial killer.

If it weren't for Franco and Drew dropping in to see him, those boys would have no father figures in their lives. That's on the writers.  They could give Kevin a place in their lives as a grandpa but I can't remember if he's even met them.  Has Dante ever been in a scene with Aiden?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If it weren't for Franco and Drew dropping in to see him, those boys would have no father figures in their lives. That's on the writers.  They could give Kevin a place in their lives as a grandpa but I can't remember if he's even met them.  Has Dante ever been in a scene with Aiden?

There was a scene once the Christmas before last, so when Laura/Kevin were still dating, where Laura was talking to Liz about how Kevin sprained his ankle when they (Laura and Kevin) took the three boys ice-skating. It happened off-screen, of course, but I guess we can assume from that that Kevin has some semblance of a steady presence in their lives.

• Love 2

"Carly will make sure Jason doesn't have time to miss me." Sam. GURL. When has Carly not ever been Jason's top priority? Or at most number two? I know you're saying all of this for Kristina's benefit, but your speaking the truth, whether you want to admit it or not.

"If no one stops for [Carly], she could die." "And?" Oh, Ryan. Why can't you go out in a blaze of glory and actually kill Carly and about six other contract characters?

• Love 8

That dream sequence of Alexis and Julian having their Sam and Diane from "Cheers" moment was good. I did think it was real until Alexis woke up.

The actress who plays Sasha reminds me of Kelly Thiebaud who played Britt.

Poor Chad Duell. He just can't resonate chemistry with ANY woman.

My guess is Carly will lose the baby and Sonny will blame Ava for it.  Meanwhile, Ava will survive the fall and Ryan won't.

I laughed so hard when Ava told Ryan, "Carly will freeze to death," and Ryan responded by saying, "And?" LMAO!

On a superficial note, I really wish MB/Sonny would let his hair go all gray and stop slicking it back. He would easily look about 10 years younger if he did.

• Love 3