Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It makes me mad that Cam's legitimate problems with Franco--his insertion into Liz's family, his preferential treatment of Jake and now Aiden, his sordid past--are likely going to be swept under the rug once Franco's name is cleared. Cam's feelings are valid, regardless of Franco's innocence, and it's Liz who needs to be hearing (and respecting) these thoughts in place of Trina.

Jason was pushing it today with his judgy attitude to Kevin and his threatening of Julian. He should save his outrage for the people who died at Ryan's hands and stop acting like Carly didn't court every bit of her troubles by repeatedly sticking her nose where it didn't belong.

I'd donate a kidney to Jordan if it meant Ryan and Ava could alley-oop Carly into Niagra Falls. Her forced position of prominence as we reach the climax of this story is obnoxious.

• Love 15

So Jason doesn't tell Julian that Ava is with a serial killer and that he needs to warn her. Instead, he decides that the best course of action is to threaten Julian to get information out of him.

He needs to jump up his own ass and die.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Poor Ava has waited her entire life to find a man who accepts her as she is.  All it took was a serial killer.  I wonder if that will trigger some self-awareness.

"Poor Ava" encouraged Sonny to shoot an innocent man at point-blank range after she let said man take the blame for a murder *she* committed, and then screwed Sonny on the man's grave. Now's she run off to marry "Kevin," without knowing when she'll next see the daughter that was conceived on the grave ... just months after her first born daughter was brutally murdered. She's all about sexing up "Kevin" at the moment. As far as I know, in the real world, parents who've recently lost a child to murder are trying to get through life day by day, hour by hour - not bragging to an enemy that "I'm glowing" and eager for sex. This should trigger some awareness of her own desperation, but I think her reaction after self-pity/despair will be rage toward Kevin, and possibly Laura (because she didn't figure out sooner that Ryan was posing as Kevin).

IMO Carly and Ava are about on the same page in terms of lack of self-awareness.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Jason was pushing it today with his judgy attitude to Kevin and his threatening of Julian. He should save his outrage for the people who died at Ryan's hands and stop acting like Carly didn't court every bit of her troubles by repeatedly sticking her nose where it didn't belong.

20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Jason doesn't tell Julian that Ava is with a serial killer and that he needs to warn her. Instead, he decides that the best course of action is to threaten Julian to get information out of him.

He needs to jump up his own ass and die.

Gotta blame the writers for this. Every.Single.Viewer. had to be thinking that telling him his sister was in danger would be the best and easiest way of finding out where Ava was. 

On a related note, I was really hoping that Ryan would have considered throwing Carly over the falls as his first priority once they arrived at the hotel. But I guess she'll still be in the trunk tomorrow.

I would also love it if Ava turns out to be the one who takes Ryan down. Jason could arrive on the scene, late; Ava could be sitting there filing her nails; and Carly could still be in the trunk with her mouth taped shut. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

So we are to believe that the woman that was visibly distraught with the notion of leaving her blind and vulnerable husband alone in the basement of Ferncliff today thinks nothing of leaving her still-blind and still-vulnerable husband to fend for himself at the hospital, without telling him she was leaving, to go gallivanting across town with Jason for an action adventure? Send the damn PCPD to take down Ryan and save Ava/Carly if you are so concerned, Laura. 

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am not feeling Trina. 

We get so few persons of color on this show, why does this one have to be so...shady? 

Why is she shady?  She wanted to give Oscar and Joss private time and came up with an excuse--which she quickly let Cam in on.  And then they watched Mary Poppins.  Seems perfectly fine to me.

Granted, I've only been half-watching this train wreck of a soap, but whenever I see Trina (and she's not on that much), there's always some kind of duplicity.  Like misleading parents as to their whereabouts.  And didn't she also use phony ID to get the motel rooms?  Just saying.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, rur said:

Gotta blame the writers for this. Every.Single.Viewer. had to be thinking that telling him his sister was in danger would be the best and easiest way of finding out where Ava was. 

I agree. But all that scene accomplished was show that Jason is a bully (which we knew already, but reminders never hurt, I guess), and how little care he had for the life of the woman who saved his worthless sorry ass from that Russian clinic.

Most of us would have been happy of his ass had stayed to rot there.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 14

Who’s going to die so that Jordan can get her new kidney? Oscar? Ryan? Someone else entirely?

And as someone with a friend who has had two kidney transplants because of kidney disease, and another friend currently on dialysis while waiting for a donor kidney, I am kind of offended by this story.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Who’s going to die so that Jordan can get her new kidney? Oscar? Ryan? Someone else entirely?

Could Oscar even be an organ donor?  

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So we are to believe that the woman that was visibly distraught with the notion of leaving her blind and vulnerable husband alone in the basement of Ferncliff today thinks nothing of leaving her still-blind and still-vulnerable husband to fend for himself at the hospital,

But he's in good hands at the hospital.  And he's about to go into surgery, so what is she to do.  Sit there and wring her hands?  I'd rather she do something proactive and I'd rather not have Jason be the only hero here.  

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

In real life NO.  

• Love 5

I agree. But all that scene accomplished was show that Jason is a bully (which we knew already, but reminders never hurt, I guess), and how little care he had for the life of the woman who saved his worthless sorry ass from that Russian clinic.

Most of us would have been happy of his ass had stayed to rot there.

I haven't posted in a while, but Jason had me seeing red today. I can't believe I ever rooted for this character. He's a bully, but I guess that goes with the territory of being a hit man. Sam is crazy to pick him over Drew.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, Perkie said:
34 minutes ago, Katy M said:

In real life NO.  

The 'in real life' being vital.  In real life, Maxie, with her transplanted heart, would've never been an acceptable surrogate.  Hell, she probably would've been told she shouldn't get pregnant, at all.  

54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

all that scene accomplished was show that Jason is a bully (which we knew already, but reminders never hurt, I guess), and how little care he had for the life of the woman who saved his worthless sorry ass from that Russian clinic.

Ugh, he's the worst.  And the way he NOW dismisses how Ava saved him at that clinic makes me want to slug him.  

• Love 8
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I haven't posted in a while, but Jason had me seeing red today. I can't believe I ever rooted for this character. He's a bully, but I guess that goes with the territory of being a hit man. Sam is crazy to pick him over Drew.

He's deplorable.  I only briefly liked him in the 90s around Robin and when Billy was Jason.   The character has done nothing upon his "return" besides walk around in his Fonzie uniform and interject his old tired ass into everyone else's story since TPTB has no idea what to do with this one dimensional, one note 50 year old whose still stuck in a creepy threesome with Carson.  

Sam deserves it because she has no self respect.  Her main role is to play a receptacle for Jason.

Off Topic, but can Oscar just die already?  Just end this.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

IMO Carly and Ava are about on the same page in terms of lack of self-awareness.

Gotta disagree on this last point.  Ava knows who/what she is.  She's even tried (unsuccessfully) to be 'better.' But the same cannot be said for Carly. She does not think there's anything about herself that needs fixin.'  

• Love 11

It's bad enough that Jason is risking the life of the woman who helped him escape in Russia so that he can yell at her brother. But what I find intolerable is that we're supposed to think that the piece of dirt is a hero.

18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I know no one is ever going to know what Jason said because heaven forbid Jason ever be honest with Sam but I'm never going to see Jason "bonding" with Scout as anything other than Jason finding yet another way to take everything away from his brother without having to lift a finger. You could have been mine, my ass. 

Yeah, the guy who Jake had to beg to bond with him...

I'm so tired of Jason whining about the five years he lost. He lost a sixth ignoring Sam and his kids instead of claiming back the life he professes to want.  Drew lost 40 years of his life and got yours so shut up.

13 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I am so sick of LW's face seemingly in every plot and rue the day that SBu returned.  What's the point of his character - to save damsels in distress and to commit felonies for his mob boss?

Yes. This is your show's hero. No viewer ever needs to be he or her is a failure when Jason's on screen.

• Love 12

I wonder if Trina will be killed. There are so many characters in Niagara Falls now, it seems like someone will be killed or caught in the cross fire when Ryan is caught/killed. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

So we are to believe that the woman that was visibly distraught with the notion of leaving her blind and vulnerable husband alone in the basement of Ferncliff today thinks nothing of leaving her still-blind and still-vulnerable husband to fend for himself at the hospital, without telling him she was leaving, to go gallivanting across town with Jason for an action adventure? Send the damn PCPD to take down Ryan and save Ava/Carly if you are so concerned, Laura. 

This is probably a contrivance so that Laura finds out from someone else (probably Ryan, before he maniacally leaps into the Falls) that Kevin knew his brother was alive all along. It's such a soapy thing that someone is about to confess and keeps getting thwarted, so that the other person gets twice as mad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

This is probably a contrivance so that Laura finds out from someone else (probably Ryan, before he maniacally leaps into the Falls) that Kevin knew his brother was alive all along. It's such a soapy thing that someone is about to confess and keeps getting thwarted, so that the other person gets twice as mad. 

Oh, I know, it's just dumb that they have to make characters act in ways they wouldn't solely to manufacture artificial drama. Even if Ryan or Jason did tell her that Kevin knew, why would she believe either of them over her husband?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

But he's in good hands at the hospital.  And he's about to go into surgery, so what is she to do.  Sit there and wring her hands?  I'd rather she do something proactive and I'd rather not have Jason be the only hero here.  

I agree. Jason would be fine with shooting both Ryan and Ava dead because he only cares about Carly's safety; Laura genuinely wants to save Ava's life and the lives of any others, while also holding Ryan accountable for killing Kiki and the other victims as well as the attempted murder of her own daughter.

Also, Laura has months of experience interacting with Ryan now. I don't think Jason ever met Ryan; he doesn't have any knowledge of that particular brand of crazy.

If confronted by Jason alone or the police, Ava would never believe that she's about to marry serial killer Ryan, or believe that Carly's in danger from Ryan "Kevin" (unless she saw it herself). She would, however, believe Laura. Seeing Laura afraid for her - not jealous of the intended marriage - would get her attention.

I'm glad to see Laura in a storyline where she gets to show intelligence and take charge, in a context outside of "Spencer's grandmother." But I wonder if Ryan will taunt her that Kevin has known he was alive for a long time, before Kevin tells her the whole truth. I wonder because Laura specifically said to Jordan "no one knew Ryan was alive."

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ugh, he's the worst.  And the way he NOW dismisses how Ava saved him at that clinic makes me want to slug him.  

Eh. I always thought it was an over-exaggeration that Ava saved his life. Sure, she  helped but all she did was get him a paper clip. The only reason that she even got near Patient 6 was because she was bored and told by the staff to leave the patient alone. Same way Carly was bored and wanted to know more about the patient next to her in Ferncliff.

Swtiching gears, but did Finn forget that he is a goddamned doctor. Why did he ask Curtis to deliver the bad news to Jordan about losing a kidney and needing to get on the transplant list and getting dialysis. He wasn't even in the room when Curtis told her. I don't know, maybe Jordan would have some questions about her medical care and prognosis and there is no way Curtis is qualified to answer those questions. 

Finn, you are a doctor. Not a cop. Not a spy. But a doctor.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, Laura has months of experience interacting with Ryan now. I don't think Jason ever met Ryan; he doesn't have any knowledge of that particular brand of crazy.

You think the writers will care when they're hellbent on making Jason the hero who will save the day? Months of watching Laura be spurned at every turn and months of watching Ava be around him, sleep with him right after he murdered her daughter and be ready to essentially kidnap her today doesn't matter because Jason MUST be the hero.

Of course he will not only end Ryan's reign of terror, but he will turn around and end Shiloh's as well and after that, he'll go and find Raj because that Dante is such a loser for not having found the man who tried to kill his wife already.

Jason. Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear black tees two sizes too small.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Yadda Yadda, SPOT ON!!!  And after reading your post, I'm even more annoyed about the Jason hero epidemic.  It's disgusting.

Ditto. Nailed it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Garren Stitt has such a pouty face, it cracks me up. It's perfect for a teenager.

I loved Kevin wresting the suitcases out of the trunk around Carly. Hee.

Now everyone starts beating themselves over the head for not realizing something was off with "Kevin." Jordan never met Ryan! WTF would she know about him? 

"I'm not giving up Avery." Uh, Ava, you pretty much already have, seeing as trying to get a better custody agreement isn't in the cards for you.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason. Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear black tees two sizes too small.

It's always been that way. It's exasperating and dumb.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Swtiching gears, but did Finn forget that he is a goddamned doctor. Why did he ask Curtis to deliver the bad news to Jordan about losing a kidney and needing to get on the transplant list and getting dialysis.

Finn wasn't the one who operated on Jordan; that's the doctor who should be talking to her. But I guess we can't have some dayplayer do it when Curtis can answer all of Jordan's concerns. /sarcasm.

LOL at Jason cock-blocking Julian. But Jason is an asshole supreme to blame Julian for what happened to Carly, even if that's Julian's role. Ugh.

Today was a good cliffhanger! (I'm serious.) Ava opens the trunk with Carly in it, Cam runs into Ryan.

Edited by dubbel zout
missing a few important words
  • Love 4

Jason is such a self righteous hypocritical asshole, so its nice that he is keeping his core personality trait. As bad as General Hospital has been, it has been made worse with the return of Steve Burton and his air of moral smugness. I don't know how they would have done this, but I would much rather had Robert in this story since he is the brother of Kevin's best friend. Might be nice to see a team up with him and Laura. Is it in Steve Burton's contract that he is always the hero in everyone elses' stories?

• Love 18
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jason is such a self righteous hypocritical asshole, so its nice that he is keeping his core personality trait. As bad as General Hospital has been, it has been made worse with the return of Steve Burton and his air of moral smugness. I don't know how they would have done this, but I would much rather had Robert in this story since he is the brother of Kevin's best friend. Might be nice to see a team up with him and Laura. Is it in Steve Burton's contract that he is always the hero in everyone elses' stories?

Bingo. Boy has it tanked worse than it was before with his royal highness returning to give us "real Jason." 

Edit: Why did they need to make Daisy's tattoo so big yesterday? Is it because Sam's eyes are always half closed so they needed to make it big enough for her to see? This show can't even be subtle with fake ink.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

"Poor Ava" encouraged Sonny to shoot an innocent man at point-blank range after she let said man take the blame for a murder *she* committed, and then screwed Sonny on the man's grave. Now's she run off to marry "Kevin," without knowing when she'll next see the daughter that was conceived on the grave ... just months after her first born daughter was brutally murdered. She's all about sexing up "Kevin" at the moment. As far as I know, in the real world, parents who've recently lost a child to murder are trying to get through life day by day, hour by hour - not bragging to an enemy that "I'm glowing" and eager for sex. This should trigger some awareness of her own desperation, but I think her reaction after self-pity/despair will be rage toward Kevin, and possibly Laura (because she didn't figure out sooner that Ryan was posing as Kevin).

She went off to get married. She's not planning on spending months and months away from Avery. She's allowed to go away for a few days, especially since she doesn't have full custody. Ava is pretty much the only one who has displayed consistent grief over Kiki. She's not all about having sex with Ryan. She and Ryan haven't spent all of their time in bed - they've had maybe three love scenes including today. She's also talked extensively, especially with Julian, about how "Kevin" is the one thing keeping her going and making her even the slightest bit happy. Even real-life people grieving do manage to find moments of happiness. Sticking it to Carly is probably something that will always bring Ava some joy (which it would for any real person who had the misfortune to know someone like Carly.) Any anger she'd have against Kevin would be well-earned given the huge part he played in Ryan's actions. I think Ava is well aware of how desperate she is for love. It was the main aspect of her relationship with Griffin and her desperation for him to love her. Again, she's talked recently about how "Kevin" is the first person to really love her without her having to jump through hoops and how much she's wanted that.

4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Granted, I've only been half-watching this train wreck of a soap, but whenever I see Trina (and she's not on that much), there's always some kind of duplicity.  Like misleading parents as to their whereabouts.  And didn't she also use phony ID to get the motel rooms?  Just saying.

It may have been Trina's idea but none of the other three teens batted an eye at lying to their parents and had no problem with Trina's fake ID. If she's shady for that, they're all shady. She wasn't duplicitous to her friend Cameron when she listened to him today and gave him some fairly decent advice.

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm not giving up Avery." Uh, Ava, you pretty much already have, seeing as trying to get a better custody agreement isn't in the cards for you.

She hasn't given up Avery. Currently, she and Sonny have joint custody. They've been fighting incessantly over custody for years. I'd love for Ava to fight for sole custody, but the show is never going to allow Sonny and Carly to lose completely on this front (even when Ava won sole custody, the show found some assinine way to have Sonny and Carly trick Ava and keep Avery with them) and I'm tired of seeing them fight over this. I, at least I hope anyway, that the show had Ava gain leverage to work out joint custody so they could have them stop fighting over this for the millionth time.

• Love 7

If the show wanted to be realistic Trina is probably the best candidate because people of the same race have a better chance at being organ matches.

Or Jason will pull one of his own out of his ass to save her from that accident awful Drew caused. Because GH.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why is all of this going down in Niagara Falls?  Is it solely so someone (I'm guessing Ryan) can go over the Falls and be presumed dead - but be resurrected again some time in the future?  Just about half of Port Charles will be there shortly.

And why was it a Hudson's Bay blanket that Joss used to cover Oscar when he was having the seizure? Aren't they on the US side of the Falls?  I found that kind of "ooh we're so close to the border we have to show how woodsy and hip we are about Canadiana".  I'm Canadian, and I have never seen a point blanket in a hotel.

Edited by Pingaponga
“Over” and “offer”, although similar sounding, are not the same.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just want to know what Steve, Mo and Laura have on these writers. Before we knew Bob Guza was obsessed with them but is he ghost writing because good lord.

The need to put Jason in everyone's story. And like you said, others spend months laying the foundation and then he comes in with his stupid gun to fix everything. He walks in demanding answers to save his stupid friend who wouldnt be in trouble if she had just minded her business. She doesnt like Ava, thats fine. But essentially stealing her kid with her m***** husband....as if carly would let someone take her place in her children's lives. The entitlement irks me. A show cant function this way where everything is slanted in heir favor.

As much as i want oscar dead, we know jason will get inserted in that. Drew spent months with that kid and his boring mother, listening to that kid go on and on about foolishness. Jason has TWO episodes with oscar and oscar made him executor of his will. Not his lawyer. Not his grandmother. Not the mother of his sister. Jason's dumbass. So the kid kicks it, jason gonna come around as if he even gave a shit about this kid. 

As shitty as Ron C was as headwriter the one thing he did right was pull back on carly/jason/sonny. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't know how they would have done this, but I would much rather had Robert in this story since he is the brother of Kevin's best friend.

They squandered every opportunity here.  So many of the original actors/actresses -- pushed aside in favor of Jason and Carly.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I assume Stella will be a match, and donate a kidney as a way of closing out this long, riveting tale of family dysfunction.  Then they can finally be a happy happy family. Zzzzzzzz.

Speaking of boring, Kevin's been back for only a few days and I’m already tired of him. I used to really like the character, but he’s become so passive and devoid of personality that I’m already missing Ryan. My hope is that Kevin will have absorbed some of Ryan’s memories via the magic Twin Brain Switcheroo and start getting stabby, or at least a little roguish.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, norahs99 said:

Gotta disagree on this last point.  Ava knows who/what she is.  She's even tried (unsuccessfully) to be 'better.' But the same cannot be said for Carly. She does not think there's anything about herself that needs fixin.'  

That's where I am too. I know it's easy to come up with a list of soap-terrible things Ava has done, but I one hundred percent prefer her to Carly. The show has not been insisting for years that I find her admirable, and the whole town isn't bowing down to her or kissing her ass. Quite the opposite, usually. I like Maura West, and the character has a good combination of pathos and humor. And some of it is just a preference for one kind of character over another. I'm going to get more enjoyment out of a morally gray character who wears cool clothes, has an art gallery, and makes sarcastic comments over the rim of her martini glass, than a possessive, overbearing soccer mom from hell who became a successful businesswoman and "pillar of the community" in very flimsy, unearned ways, and is fake-laughing at everything when she isn't shrieking.  

On Danny and his age-inappropriate toys and toddler behavior: Maybe when he's 12 or 13, Monica will inform his parents that he's "special," like his namesake. She'll be all, "What, you didn't know? Of course you didn't. You saw him so rarely."  

Unpopular (?) opinion: I have really liked the way all the crazy strands have come together at the climax of the Ryan story. A lot of "Where the hell are they going with this?" material actually ended up being relevant and useful. It's been a pretty good couple of weeks, IMO.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Poor Ava has waited her entire life to find a man who accepts her as she is.  All it took was a serial killer.  I wonder if that will trigger some self-awareness.

This is in fact her third serial killer lover.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

That's where I am too. I know it's easy to come up with a list of soap-terrible things Ava has done, but I one hundred percent prefer her to Carly.

Must we choose? imo she's Carly at this point. I think Ava would be better as a villain on a recurring basis. On contractwe get this in between stuff where Ava does crap and then screeches over it. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for putting Carly on recurring first, but that's not gonna happen. Unless somehow Frons comes back and says LW is a matriarch now.

• Love 4

I love Ava, even though I probably shouldn't.  I just like watching the character, no matter what kind of crazy offensive shit she does.  I also like Julian, but Alexis, not so much.

And, I loved the Ryan storyline, and never saw the first incarnation of Ryan.

But then, I hate Carly, Sonny and Jason.  And I am a relatively new viewer.

I love Laura, but cannot stand Lulu!

So the past few weeks have been pretty good from my perspective.  Better than listening to Sonny talk to anyone...his dad...the DA...Brick...Jason...Carly....Kristina....Stella...Griffin....anyone.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She would, however, believe Laura. Seeing Laura afraid for her - not jealous of the intended marriage - would get her attention.

I;m not sure about that.  Unless she sees Carly in the trunk, and I'm guessing she won't right away, she'll just think Laura showed up to break up the wedding.  I think it will take a few days before Ava beleives anything, or at least until she sees Ryan do something specific.  

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

I always thought it was an over-exaggeration that Ava saved his life. Sure, she  helped but all she did was get him a paper clip. The only reason that she even got near Patient 6 was because she was bored and told by the staff to leave the patient alone.

Yes, but without that paper clip, Jason would still be in the clinic.  Stupid paper clip!!  Also, she got near Patient 6, because the staff were stupid enough to have him sitting around in a waiting room where other people were allowed to hang out.  If you're hiding someone that you've kidnapped, maybe hide him better, like locked in the basement or something.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I love Laura, but cannot stand Lulu!

I've hated Lulu since the recast.  Usually once  recast has been on for a while, I've warmed up a bit, but I just can't for whatever reason.

I also liked Carly a whole heck of a lot better when Sarah Brown was playing her, and even Tamara Braun, but I'm not going to completely blame Laura Wright.  Carly was younger back then, so I think even if Sarah were still playing her, I would have expected a certain amount of maturity by now.  Plus, Carly is just truly awful. It's not like I ever loved her.  Sarah and Tamara just brought more vulnerability to the role and made it easier to sympathize with the abandoned little girl.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Because "Carly is in danger and IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT IF SHE GETS HURT" is the reason. 

Jason will probably blame both Jeromes for Ryan because it's obvious they knew it was him and didn't tell anyone*.

*Never mind we had a montage of people today admitting they were fooled by the deception.

The only reason why Kevin isn't blamed for Carly Being In Danger(TM) is that, as a non-Jerome, Jason can only just yell at a blind man.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I always thought it was an over-exaggeration that Ava saved his life. Sure, she  helped but all she did was get him a paper clip. The only reason that she even got near Patient 6 was because she was bored and told by the staff to leave the patient alone.

Yes, but without that paper clip, Jason would still be in the clinic.  Stupid paper clip!! 

"For the want of a paper clip...."

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh. I saw a clip of jason & Julian. I HATE this bastard. How is threatening julian gonna help? Seriously?

And people are like wait til jason finds out about Jonah. Oh really?

As crazy as nelle was, giving her kid to Brad was the most sane thing she did. Not wanting her kid raised by those wolves is the best thing for her kid. It was the same logic carly used when she lied about Michael and gifted him to Jason to keep him away from AJ & the Quartermaines.

AJ's biggest crime at the time being that he was an alcoholic. Meanwhile, Carly was pushing her son on two mobsters and Robin was vilified for telling AJ the truth. 

Like someone explain to me how alcoholism, which is a disease, trumps a mobster who had been manic depressive for years before being diagnosed with bi polar disorder? Carly and jason rationalized his dark periods for years. And in the end, michael ended up shot in the head and raped in prison. And yet, sonny still got to kill AJ. 

It's just like this show to forget that sonny hung AJ from a meathook and forced him to sign over his rights. Carly, jason and sonny are in the business of stealing people's kids. Will carly forget she & jax tried to steal Spencer from Nikolas? 

Sorry for the rant but Im not here for julian to get railroaded AGAIN by these lames.

Edited by GHInReview
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:46 AM, ByaNose said:

I will say that was the fakest and dumbest looking tattoo that Daisy has.

I know. It was SO dark. It cracked me up. And then Sam's finely detailed drawing of it also made me laugh.

She saw it for half a second and has that kind of recall.  Because, of course.

I'm sure she'll get that right off to Spinelli, who will discover it means "DEATH TO SAM!" in some ancient language.

"Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine".

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, bamajen said:

That whole article so so eye-rollingly dumb I can't even begin to snark on it.

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Unpopular (?) opinion: I have really liked the way all the crazy strands have come together at the climax of the Ryan story. A lot of "Where the hell are they going with this?" material actually ended up being relevant and useful. It's been a pretty good couple of weeks, IMO.  

I'm kind of here, too. Yes, it's really dumb everything is going down at Niagara Falls specifically (as @Pingaponga noted, Ryan will probably go over the falls so he can be resurrected yet again and a later date), but it's also really soapy that a number of stories dovetail at the same time at the same location.

It's too bad Jason will save the day yet again, but this is GH. Jason will never not save the day.

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think Ava would be better as a villain on a recurring basis. On contract we get this in between stuff where Ava does crap and then screeches over it.

The show doesn't do recurring villains well, though: Obrecht and Helena come to mind. And look what happened to Dr. Bensch. He harasses Lauren and then slinks out of town without a word. He was basically a plot point so the show could crow it was raising an Important Social Issue. (It was, but in the usual ham-fisted GH way.) 

Every character gets the lather, rinse, and repeat treatment, as these writers are creatively bankrupt and don't care that nothing ever changes. I'll never understand that. GH is barely hanging on. Why not try to actually shake things up and take some chances? Kill off some significant characters. Write some stories that have some true emotion and dramatic heft. Heck, indulge in some camp or truly nutty story lines like time travel or something. Anything to shake things up.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHInReview said:

As crazy as nelle was, giving her kid to Brad was the most sane thing she did. Not wanting her kid raised by those wolves is the best thing for her kid. It was the same logic carly used when she lied about Michael and gifted him to Jason to keep him away from AJ & the Quartermaines.

When the unholy trinity does it, it's for the good of the child. AJ drove his brother into a tree and can't get past the first step at AA. He shouldn't have his son or have a chance to do right by him. 

When the others do it to the unholy trinity, there's all that pearl clutching that goes along with it. Never mind the criminal enterprise.

One can only hope that when the truth is revealed that Michael will have a better understanding what his family made his biological father suffer through. But he won't, because Jason, Carly and Sonny are never wrong even when they are wrong.

I also realized that Avery's full time parents are MIA. Sonny is looking for his grown ass son who for all intents and purposes can take care of himself (unless Sonny is shooting him in the chest, in which case, game over), Carly is in a trunk because she keeps sticking her nose in things that do not concern her. 

Well done, morons!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5