Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Okay, I’m confused. Was GH new today or not? The app doesn’t air new episodes until the next day. What is the sense of having the app to watch a day later. My DVR didn’t tape it. I thought I deleted it but didn’t. If you go on YouTube there all these snippets from today’s show though. I’m from the Philly area. Was it aired or was it a rerun? If so, why?

Edited by ByaNose

It was new, but for a lot of people the cable guide listed it as the Feb 14th episode so a lot of DVRs didn't record it.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

Interesting...wonder how ABC botched this up.

It was more likely the specific cable company than ABC, no? I'm not sure.

Edited by ulkis
16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, I’m confused. Was GH new today or not? The app doesn’t air new episodes until the next day. What is the sense of having the app to watch a day later. My DVR didn’t tape it. I thought I deleted it but didn’t. If you go on YouTube there all these snippets from today’s show though. I’m from the Philly area. Was it aired or was it a rerun? If so, why?

I’m in the Philadelphia area-Direct TV listed today’s new episode as 1/15/19 so it didn’t record.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

Carly was acting like a rabid dog though and started the entire thing. Idk...it just highlights how downright pathetic Sam is. The only time I have liked her is when she was away from the tired stale creepy threesome.

I'm inclined to think of it as a plot contrivance for Sam to find out without Jason being the "bad guy" and spilling her secret for no good reason. And if it were real life, I'd give her a pass for hormones. 😉  I'm reserving judgment, but certainly, if this is the start of her pulling rank over Sam it will be annoying. She's got a staff, extended family and (soon) a baby baddy at home to take care of her. She doesn't need Jason.

26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I am from Chicago and my DVR did not tape

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was new, but for a lot of people the cable guide listed it as the Feb 14th episode so a lot of DVRs didn't record it.

I'm in NYC, and my DVR didn't record whatever episode played.

"I don't need permission from Jason to go wherever with whomever I want." Uh, you do seem to need Jason's permission, Sam.

I kind of enjoy Carly's insecurity about Jason. She's always trumpeting to everyone about their unbreakable bond, yet she doesn't quite trust it 100 percent.

LOL that Drew can go blind and be in a car accident and get released from GH, yet Jason has to stay overnight.

Sam and Carly should NEVER say "I love you" to each other. Carly should not have women friends in the first place. She always sees them as rivals.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’m from the Philly area. Was it aired or was it a rerun? If so, why?

I'm in Jersey (what exit?). I noticed last night that it wasn't listed in my scheduled recordings. I had to set my DVR manually, because the cable guide listed it as new, but the description was the 2/14 episode. I have Comcast.

I also thought the beginning scenes were very confusing.  One minute people are falling down steps, going blind, or being hit by a car.  Next minute, blindness cured, surgery performed, etc.  That was quite a time jump.

• Love 2

As a Samff, I knew the minute they put her back with Jason, her character would go to shit. The fact that the show is trying to straight up ignore everything Sam did with Drew when he was Jason is why this show is straight garbage. The scenes she had with Carly should have never happened. Not after the speech she gave Carly when Drew got shot and was in that coma. She finaly got to say why Carly tolerated her and how she was tired of being second when it came to Jason. Now she is right back in her same role except two more spots down cause Michael's son and new devil spawn will be taking her place.

I got the new episode today and the writing is trash. You would think Drew just ran over Curtis's dog given the little dialogue they gave them for this plot point.

• Love 6

Sam loves Carly?  WTF? 🤮

Drew didn't tell Curtis that he actually went blind.  Curtis was totally chill with the fact that Drew mowed down Jordan.

When Drew hit Jordan, they showed her legs being hit, it actually made me wince.  So why are her legs not broken?

I had to laugh when Maxie realized she scooped up the wrong nail clippings for her DNA test.

• Love 1
On 2/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, Perkie said:

It's the same with Emme.  Great actress, but she isn't Lulu.  

I think that Emme doesn’t play Lulu with the "fire" or "edge" that JMB had, but I do think she plays Lulu as more of an adult.  Idk, just an observation I’ve always had.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

I had to laugh when Maxie realized she scooped up the wrong nail clippings for her DNA test.

Something in Peter’s expression made me wonder if he’d switched the results or something, to cover for Valentin. 

Those who missed the episode today, missed nothing. It was a snooze.  I watched on Hulu, which I have done a few times before, and have a question for anyone who regularly watches on Hulu: Why is the frame rate always off? Movement drags a little, making things look a bit herky-jerky. This doesn’t happen with other Hulu shows, and I’m wondering what’s the problem with GH.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bannana said:

So what was the point of all this, the rush drive to Poughkeepsie?  We heard that the Valentin/Nina wedding isn't until May (which, really, Show, that's what you got planned for sweeps?) so why have Maxie and LWB/FS unravel the Sasha scheme now if you're only going to delay and drag it out for two more months.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

As a Samff, I knew the minute they put her back with Jason, her character would go to shit. The fact that the show is trying to straight up ignore everything Sam did with Drew when he was Jason is why this show is straight garbage. The scenes she had with Carly should have never happened. Not after the speech she gave Carly when Drew got shot and was in that coma. She finaly got to say why Carly tolerated her and how she was tired of being second when it came to Jason. Now she is right back in her same role except two more spots down cause Michael's son and new devil spawn will be taking her place.

I got the new episode today and the writing is trash. You would think Drew just ran over Curtis's dog given the little dialogue they gave them for this plot point.

Sam's writing is so abysmal it's insulting. I had some naive hope after Jason (Drew) was shot and Sam called Carly out on the true reason Carly wants Jason with Sam and you had Carson bemoaning how he was never really 'their' Jason that upon Burton's return they might let Sam keep her newfound self worth and the happiness she had found with Drew and send real Jason off to Carson. Like I said naive. Instead we got this nonsense about how Sam wasn't her real self. Apparently Sam being her real self is knowing and embracing her place in Jason's list of priorities after Sonny, Carly, Michael and any spawn any of them produce. Real Sam doesn't need her significant other to want something other than a life of crime. Only a weak, small woman would want that. I'm just not sure what to do with this character it's so degrading. I've seen it said here and a few other places that if you didn't know the writing is just this bad you would think their actually trying to highlight how horrendous Jasam is.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

why have Maxie and LWB/FS unravel the Sasha scheme now if you're only going to delay and drag it out for two more months.

Classic GH pacing. I suppose they're also trying to give Maxie and LWB/FS another reason to caper together.

Carly: "You have to do whatever I want for the next seven months, haha (fake laugh)."

Me: "And this is different from your usual expectation of Jason how...?"

Don't even get me started about her childish jealousy of Anna, of all people.  My only consolation is I'm gleaning from that that it's actually ROBIN she's jealous of.  After all these years Carly still cannot deal with the fact Jason, for all his many faults, still goes all soft inside when he sees his ex.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

After all these years Carly still cannot deal with the fact Jason, for all his many faults, still goes all soft inside when he sees his ex.

I think Robin is the only woman who Carly fears will take Jason away from her. That feels very in-character for Carly, and I like the show hasn't erased that. Kind of shocking it hasn't, really.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Robin is the only woman who Carly fears will take Jason away from her. That feels very in-character for Carly, and I like the show hasn't erased that. Kind of shocking it hasn't, really.

It's totally on brand for Carly, agree.  If they ever took that away from her I'd assume her not-so evil twin was in town.

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Classic GH pacing. I suppose they're also trying to give Maxie and LWB/FS another reason to caper together.

Also leaves time for Griffin and Sasha to have sex and Griffin to get up on a moral high horse when he finds out the half-sister of the girlfriend he loved soooooooooooooooooo much isn't actually her half-sister.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly: "You have to do whatever I want for the next seven months, haha (fake laugh)."

Don't even get me started about her childish jealousy of Anna, of all people.  My only consolation is I'm gleaning from that that it's actually ROBIN she's jealous of.  After all these years Carly still cannot deal with the fact Jason, for all his many faults, still goes all soft inside when he sees his ex.

There is absolutely nothing endearing or likable about Carly. Or Jason, her biggest enabler. 

Friendships like this should never ever exist, not on television and certainly not in real life. They are toxic and gross.

• Love 9

Of course it's on everyone else to walk on eggshells around Carly and her high-risk pregnancy and not at all on her to avoid stress by, say, not rampaging around like an entitled screechy steamroller, aka being Carly. Gee, we've never seen this before.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Of course it's on everyone else to walk on eggshells around Carly and her high-risk pregnancy and not at all on her to avoid stress by, say, not rampaging around like an entitled screechy steamroller, aka being Carly. Gee, we've never seen this before.

And her lap dog reinforcing it and yelling at his “soulmate” over it. Sad. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I just can't with that when Carly is always the one who seeks confrontation. Like all the time.

Sam is here? Let me bitch her out for being a terrible girlfriend. Ava is here? Let me go and bitch her out over everything under the sun. Oh, LWB/FS is here? Let me go and bitch him out because Jason. 

Julian. Where is Julian? Should I go to Charlie's Pub like everyone dies and bitch him out like everyone does for breathing the same air as me? Okay! Let's go! 

Let me take a trip to Pentonville. I hear Nelle is there. Franco is at Ferncliff? Okie dokie. 

Someone needs to remove her batteries and put her ass in storage.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, LexieLily said:

Yes, Kevin is blind, presumably from the same virus that got Anna and Ryan (and we have to assume off-screen Alex?). The only concern I have is that Anna and Ryan were fixed within days via corrective surgery. Kevin has been blind since the last time we saw him sans-Laura and Ryan has been refusing him medical treatment so depending on how long Kevin/Laura are held captive, could Kevin's blindness be permanent?

Supposedly Drew is next and he hits Jordan with his car. 

In soap opera world there is no such thing as permanent blindness.  All blindness is eventually cured (I remember Evangeline's on OLTL and Chloe on GH and surely there are many others) but especially the medically fascinating twin blindness is sure to be curable in the end.  

On 2/21/2019 at 8:48 AM, MarciNJ said:

Okay, so I am a week behind so this comment is old and may have already been mentioned,  But, when Shiloh asked idiot Kristina if she'd somehow find the money if she had a heart issue, wouldn't the logical answer be to tell him that she has HEALTH INSURANCE???  Because, with Alexis as a mother, you know she does.  Comparing apples and .....  puppies.

And, is DOD supposed to be a Scientology type of cult?  Levels and courses and money.,,,  wasn't enough that they named the place for the criminally insane the Miscavage Institute - someone on the staff has an ax to grind....  LOL!

(again, sorry if this has been covered)

In Port Charles World there appears to be no such thing as health insurance.  Whenever someone has a big bill, Sonny generously pays it.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, nilyank said:

Lookie, Jason fell down the stairs and he wasn't even pregnant.

Why is he in hospital? He fell a greater distance when he stuck in the hole after "rescuing" Joss and Oscar with Drew.

LOL so true about falling down stairs!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I’m sure that scene was supposed to be funny, but the fact that Robin continues to live rent-free inside Carly’s head is an interesting choice. Like, Sam is even third best on Carly’s jealously list. That’s rough.

I want to see the scenes where they explain to each character (Kim, Sam, Carly, Curtis) that Drew and Jason suddenly went blind at the same time.  I want to see a lot of side-eye at the ridiculousness of it all.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

In soap opera world there is no such thing as permanent blindness.  All blindness is eventually cured (I remember Evangeline's on OLTL and Chloe on GH and surely there are many others)

Awful Reese on "All My Children" came to mind.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

In soap opera world there is no such thing as permanent blindness.  All blindness is eventually cured (I remember Evangeline's on OLTL and Chloe on GH and surely there are many others) but especially the medically fascinating twin blindness is sure to be curable in the end.  

Deedee on OLTL.  Tony on GH.  Kimberly on Days.

• Love 1

Today's random thoughts:

I wonder how long Sam will continue to speak the truth, which she considers a lie, about her relationship before she realizes that there may be some truth to it after all. It could be pretty soapy if she realizes that all those things she's saying are true and Jason starts spending his time trying to win her back. At the very least, Carly's head might explode.

I thought Haley Pullos did a very nice job today in her scenes with TJ.

Did anyone else notice the "Leland Palmer" advertised on the drink board at Julian's pub? Now I'm wondering if names like that have been a regular thing and I never noticed before.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get it's a soap, I get there are contrivances, but Lulu - the victim - interviewing Franco - the accused - at all, let alone before he's been officially sentenced, is nope.  Nope nope nope nope nope.

Absolutely absurd.  But I guess Girl Reporter is the only ~journalist in town.

But, seriously, that's some straight-up bullshit.

• Love 2

Why exactly did Ryan kill Kiki? All the other murders/attempted murder this time around have been to cover himself - Mary Pat knew about the twin at Ferncliff, filmmaker guy was asking too many questions, Lulu was wondering about the discrepancy in the number of Ryan's victims. But Kiki was...because Ava was angry with her?

And Lulu interviewing Franco was just dumb. Even if she were a top notch writer, that doesn't necessarily mean she'd be great at sit-down, on camera interviews.

• Love 1

What is wrong with Sam? The things she is saying about Jason are the truth. The writers are making her sound like such a lunatic and someone with very severe emotional problems that she is sticking with Jason even though she seems to acknowledge all the flaws in her relationship with him. 

It's like she gets these small moments of growth, but then we know this is all for show and these writers really suck.

On a nicer note, NuTJ has very nice eyelashes.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Why exactly did Ryan kill Kiki? All the other murders/attempted murder this time around have been to cover himself -. . . But Kiki was...because Ava was angry with her?

Pretty much

And Lulu interviewing Franco was just dumb. 

Pretty much

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

@Pingaponga Ryan killed Kiki because Ava talked about wanting to leave town to get away from Kiki and Griffin.

Carly sounded insane talking about how Jason had to do whatever she said for the next 7 months. It's not cute writers, or poignant. It's just creepy and weird. Even if he had been her husband, it would have been weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9