Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How sad for Sam that she got dressed up in a cute little blouse (and in color!) for a date with Jason, who's dressed in last decade's jeans and black tee, only for her date to be derailed by Carly and a discussion of Shiloh within five seconds of arrival. I'm not complaining, though, since I'll take endless chatter and the phony Sam/Carly friendship over Sam and Jason sleepwalking their way through anything romantic.

LMAO that Michael reassured Willow of the illustrious power of Diane Miller by pointing out that she's the reason Sonny and Carly are walking free. Yes, Willow, your problems are small potatoes compared to those felonious assholes. I just wish Willow had a little more autonomy in this situation instead of allowing Michael to flex his muscles and walk her through things. It's feeling less like she's leaning on a supportive friend and more like she's a damsel who can't act without someone holding her hand.

The only stories not relating to Shiloh/Wiley today were Curtis and Jordan's medical woes (which is more realism than I'd like in my soap) and Lucy and Joss playing ghost whisperer (which is too silly to speak of). After nearly a fucking YEAR since the baby switch and with Shiloh now eating a bulk of the show, I'm so ready for the truth to come out and for something else to take prominence.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

The only stories not relating to Shiloh/Wiley today were Curtis and Jordan's medical woes (which is more realism than I'd like in my soap) 

Didn't Drew offer to pay Jordan's medical bills awhile back? What type of crappy insurance does she have?

• Love 5

Crappy insurance is always a dumb plot point on this fakakta show. Remember when Lucky, a detective on the PCPD, was shot in the line of duty but somehow had no health insurance? And equally ludicrous, his wife, A NURSE, also had no health insurance.

Someone needs to sue the PCPD and/or the City of Port Charles for lack of benefits.

• Love 7
On 6/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, ulkis said:

hey could simply just use the guy again for a recast Nikolas.

ooooh interesting and then recast Lucky and Dante and fire Sonny, Jason and Franco (although I dont mind RoHo , but bring him back as Stephen Lars) , up the Jax time......oooh I am getting too excited!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Drew offer to pay Jordan's medical bills awhile back? What type of crappy insurance does she have?

The writers forgot. I don't mind Jordan and Curtis having real world problems, but the writers do enjoy stepping over their own writing.

Like Drew who is a genuinely good person would leave Curtis and Jordan twisting in the wind like that.

ETA - They also talked about not being able to go on their honeymoon making it sound like they weren't because they couldn't afford to go even though Fiji was Drew's gift to them.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8

It cracks me up how few posts this episode got.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

How sad for Sam that she got dressed up in a cute little blouse (and in color!) for a date with Jason, who's dressed in last decade's jeans and black tee,

Way to make the effort, Jason. Ugh, it's so annoying.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

I just wish Willow had a little more autonomy in this situation instead of allowing Michael to flex his muscles and walk her through things. It's feeling less like she's leaning on a supportive friend and more like she's a damsel who can't act without someone holding her hand.

I agree. I wish Chase were the one giving Willow the pep talk rather than Michael. And Diane knows how fond of Willow Michael is, so why didn't she take Willow's call? So gross it takes Michael to get Diane on the phone.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Way to make the effort, Jason. Ugh, it's so annoying.

I agree. I wish Chase were the one giving Willow the pep talk rather than Michael. And Diane knows how fond of Willow Michael is, so why didn't she take Willow's call? 

A) He also didn't make an effort in choosing a date location: his obnoxious BFF's place of business.  The chances are high that Carly will crash the date if she sees/sniffs out Jason in the vicinity. They could have even gone to the restaurant connected to Sonny's office - he's not likely to be there and interrupt since he's spending all his time cooking/preparing salad wherever that new kitchen is (home or safehouse?)

Diane had just (a day or so ago?) calmed Willow down in a one-on-one conversation about the adoption, plus Willow is a teacher and therefore not paying Diane a lot of $$, so I figure she didn't consider Willow's call urgent. But Michael is the son of Diane's high-paying client,  and she's fond of him/has represented him in court in the past, so of course she's going to speak to him immediately. I mean, how many times has Diane bragged about how much she charges Sonny, about the expensive shoes she buys, etc.

ETA: It looks like Michael has a private/cell phone number for Diane on speed-dial, so he used that "efficient" way of getting her to speak to Willow.  Willow spoke to a secretary/gatekeeper. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Linny said:

LMAO that Michael reassured Willow of the illustrious power of Diane Miller by pointing out that she's the reason Sonny and Carly are walking free.

What a wierd sentence that was.  "You've seen my parents.  Theyre walking around free because of Diane".   What?  What a weird thing to brag about.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

What a wierd sentence that was.  "You've seen my parents.  Theyre walking around free because of Diane".   What?  What a weird thing to brag about.  

“And you know what terrible people they are!” was the implied finish to that thought. Yeah, it was weird. And hilarious.

I had no patience with Willow actress when she first showed up. I thought the character was bland and boring, and the acting was one-note. Now, I really like her. She’s trapped in a dumb story, but really bringing it. She’s actually one of the few people I enjoy seeing these days. And she’s actually, maybe, bringing a little spark to Michael these days? I don’t know that I’d go so far as to call it chemistry, but he’s seeming a little less dull and dimwitted than usual in their scenes.

Pentonville guards are quite accommodating, letting inmates and outside lab people whisper and put their heads together and pop pills and whatever, for as long as they like! So I’m thinking it should take Ryan about a hot second to bust out of there.

Really? Now we’re going to have to endure Ghost Oscar?? Please make it stop.

17 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Now it's sweet, penguin-loving, firefly-wrangling Morgan who even drank the smoothies that everyone else poured into the potted plant. Death revealed so much sensitivity and virtue in that character. It's remarkable.  

Thank you! I knew a new attribute had been revealed, but I couldn’t remember what it was. I can’t wait to see what charming quirk is next. At this point, if Morgan doesn’t walk back into town with a half-finished smoothie in one hand and a jar of fireflies in the other, a scarf around his neck and a pair of penguin slippers on his feet, I’m going to be sorely disappointed.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, was Michael basically admitting that Carly and Sonny should be locked up? But no, they're not criminals at all.

Sam's red blouse - I didn't know whether to congratulate her or fall off my chair. But the joy was quickly removed by her sucking up to Carly and her whispering/taking a year and a half to spit out a sentence.

I'm not going to argue much about the bills/insurance discussion. It's very relevant in today's world, and I could relate to it personally. I've had good insurance through my work, but also with a high deductible. With my numerous medical issues over the last several years, I've still had to pay thousands out of pocket.

"I'm doing laundry, Brad, not solving climate change." Heh. Every now and then, they get a little zinger in there that makes me laugh. I like Nelle, her biting sarcasm and Carly hatred is a welcome sight for sore eyes. Maybe now that Harmony is her new roommate (obvious), the story can move a little.

• Love 10
(edited)

It was shocking to see Sam in that beautiful red eyelet top.  I loved that top.  Kemo is such a beautiful woman and I hate the way they dress her.   I wonder how she got them to let her wear that?  I've no idea what the scene was about because I had to mute it when Carly started shrieking.  Shut up Carly!  And of course I really have no interest in what Jasam are talking about anyway.

LOVE Willow.  My favorite new character in a very long time, I hope they don't mess her up.  And I could definitely do with more (lots!) Nelle/Ryan scenes and please god less Shiloh. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Blackie said:

ooooh interesting and then recast Lucky and Dante and fire Sonny, Jason and Franco (although I dont mind RoHo , but bring him back as Stephen Lars) 

This actually isn't a bad idea. It would stop the redemption storylines.... get BH out  of the pairing.... and RoHo/SL could still be around her kids as their uncle.  You're hired!! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, makelemons said:

This actually isn't a bad idea. It would stop the redemption storylines.... get BH out  of the pairing.... and RoHo/SL could still be around her kids as their uncle.  You're hired!! 

I used to love Elizabeth. She was one of my fave characters.  But over the years, I've gotten more and more disenchanted with her, and I think her being in on the kidney stealing scheme was the last straw. I'm trying to think if there are any current characters I like, and all I can come up with is Molly.  Maybe Joss and Cameron.  And Jax, I forgot he was back.  

I think I will always like Rebecca Herbst.  I think she's a really expressive actress, but I just can't stand Elizabeth.

12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
16 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, was Michael basically admitting that Carly and Sonny should be locked up? But no, they're not criminals at all.

Right?  "You've seen my parents--you know what shitty, law-breaking assholes they are.  But they've never been convicted--well, except those couple times when Dad went to Pentonville for killing my biological father and Mom faked insanity to land in Ferncliffe--but these were anomalies and they were out really quickly, so Diane?  She's really the best!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Right?  "You've seen my parents--you know what shitty, law-breaking assholes they are.  

Also, does Michael realize that his mother was a reference for Lucas when he and Brad applied to adopt Willow's baby?! 

Michael: "My family of criminals totally has Diane on-call, so no worries, Willow, we'll make sure she fixes all your legal problems!" 

Willow: ....

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, does Michael realize that his mother was a reference for Lucas when he and Brad applied to adopt Willow's baby?! 

I'm sure Michael thinks there's no one better.

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael: "My family of criminals totally has Diane on-call, so no worries, Willow, we'll make sure she fixes all your legal problems!" 

Willow: ....

You know what this reminds me of? John Grisham's A Time to Kill (never saw the movie). The guy who goes on trial in the book wasn't some career criminal but an honest man who committed what many would consider a "sympathetic" crime. 

Spoiler

He killed the men who gang-raped his ten year-old daughter.

He can't afford a lawyer, so he goes to his childhood friend, a big-city gangster, who offers the services of his lawyer, who has successfully kept him out of prison. He's then told by several people that when a jury sees him walk in the courtroom with a slick mob lawyer representing him, they're going to assume he's a criminal.

I realize juries (and judges) aren't supposed to take those kinds of things into account - but, come on, they totally do.

• Useful 1

Wasn't it supposed to be a closed adoption, or at least not an open one, when the birth mother (now known to be Willow) allowed Brad and Lucas to adopt Wylie? Shouldn't she be getting in some type of trouble for being so involved with the Wylie/Shiloh situation?

The adoption was closed, but I think if both sides are okay with it, no one gets in trouble if there's contact. (And it doesn't mean the adoptive child can't try to find his birth parents. A closed adoption just makes things harder.)

And this is a soap: Of course there's going to be contact.

• Love 4

while I think its ridiculous that Michael was essentially telling Willow everything that Diane already told her.. I will say I liked that he bought the Dawn of Day house. 

That was totally something Edward would have done. (buy the home and jack up the rent)

I just wish he had told Shiloh -- when he asked Michael how he knew Willow-- that they met in a bereavement group-- after they both lost children. Wouldnt that have helped bolster Willow's story about the baby dying?

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, LexieLily said:

Wouldn’t all her bills be going through Drew’s car insurance

Edited by blondiek237
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

I think it might vary by state (anyone here from NY?) I'm in PA and when I was hit by a car, the claim initially went through my own auto insurance - though I wasn't in my car, or in any car for that matter.  After the personal Injury coverage amount is exhausted, the rest of it went through my health insurance.  And whatever I had to pay out of pocket should be reimbursed by the driver's auto insurance.

I imagine as a part of the PCPD Jordan would have great health insurance but whatever, show.

• Love 1

Health insurance is a real issue. Not for the soaps though. WTF?? Why does show think we’d be interested in some soap (fictional) characters medical coverage issues?!?! It’s bad enough that nuJordan is boring (with awful hair) but a health insurance storyline ain’t gonna make me like her more. Just no.

• Love 1

Drew offered to pay for Curtis' honeymoon and Jordan's medical expenses, he's a Quartermaine with access to that money Michael was flaunting. Have the actors forgotten this, or do they go to the writers with this who tell them, never mind, no one will remember?

On 6/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, Linny said:

I just wish Willow had a little more autonomy in this situation instead of allowing Michael to flex his muscles and walk her through things. It's feeling less like she's leaning on a supportive friend and more like she's a damsel who can't act without someone holding her hand.

She might have, if she had this plot with Chase. But Michael is a Corinthos and they handle everything, usually silently and illegally.

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I just wish he had told Shiloh -- when he asked Michael how he knew Willow-- that they met in a bereavement group-- after they both lost children. Wouldnt that have helped bolster Willow's story about the baby dying?

That would have been a great idea. Shiloh knows that the baby was born but it would support Willow's current story. And it has the (unexpected) benefit of being true.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

This is what I've been saying all along. His insurance would cover everything including her deductible. At least, that's how it's handled in normal areas. 

22 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

At this point, if Morgan doesn’t walk back into town with a half-finished smoothie in one hand and a jar of fireflies in the other, a scarf around his neck and a pair of penguin slippers on his feet, I’m going to be sorely disappointed.

I laughed so hard at this.

• Love 6
On 6/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

That's why I don't believe FOR A SECOND that Jason or Sam has nightmares about Franco.  Had they had this conversation BEFORE Sam's cockeyed, moronic plan I *might* buy it, but after the fact?  And we're supposed to think Jason is supportive because he ~respects Sam's choices?  Or that Sam, still traumatized by what happened with Franco, would even come up with the idea?  Oh, fuck youuuuuuu, writers.

I would love to know whether the writers just forgot about Jason/Sam's kidnapping/sexual assault history with Franco when they came up with this shitty story - or whether they remembered but didn't want to draw attention to it during a storyline where they were also  reminding viewers of his past as a SERIAL KILLER  (who made crappy art).

• Love 3

I keep reading about everyone being aghast that Jordan would not have health coverage working for the PCPD. Need I remind y'all about Liz, the destitute nurse and all of the shit that ensued there?

The show must be saving money by crossing out Liz's name and adding Jordan's.

• Love 1

Jordan's insurance are dumb in many ways because Drew offered to pay for her medical cost and he was still responsible because he did hit her with his car so his auto insurance would come into play to pay for her costs.

Let us also remember that Jordan was told that her insurance was so bad that they would not pay for her dialysis sessions at GH but would if she went to Mercy Hospital. But she chose to continue to go GH because she liked it better and was going to pay out of pocket her continuing, expensive dialysis until she found a kidney donor.

But then on Friday my biggest issue with her insurance woes, was that she said that she and Curtis might need to take out a second mortgage on their place. My question was when did they get a first mortgage? I just assume that they were either living out of one the apartments that they were renting.

While insurance worries is a very, real life event, the show keeps choosing people who should have better insurance due to their occupation and position. While there aren't really any poor people on the show (and most have rich relatives that would be happy to help them out), I could think of better people they could have facing these issues:

• TJ - med student and no longer on his mother's insurance
  • Willow - recently fired teacher looking for a new school to teach at
  • Marcus - struggle to pay the care of his wife at the same facility that Sonny can easily afford for Mike
  • any of the Dawn of Day members who leave the cult in disillusion after giving all their money to the cult and spending years working at DOD and not at a real job
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

You know what this reminds me of? John Grisham's A Time to Kill (never saw the movie). The guy who goes on trial in the book wasn't some career criminal but an honest man who committed what many would consider a "sympathetic" crime. 

Hide contents

He killed the men who gang-raped his ten year-old daughter.

He can't afford a lawyer, so he goes to his childhood friend, a big-city gangster, who offers the services of his lawyer, who has successfully kept him out of prison. He's then told by several people that when a jury sees him walk in the courtroom with a slick mob lawyer representing him, they're going to assume he's a criminal.

I realize juries (and judges) aren't supposed to take those kinds of things into account - but, come on, they totally do.

I saw the movie and I think you are correct.  In the real world, Michael's line about his parents being free 'in large part because of Diane" would reassure Willow that she has nothing to worry about in court - but would also make her want to dismiss any possibility of dating Michael/keep her distance from his devious, law-breaking parents.

• Love 3

I will enjoy Jason, Carly, Sonny, Sam and Shiloh having the smug wiped off their faces and looking stupid after all this plotting for nothing when they find out the real Wiley is dead. Maybe Carly's rage over realizing Wiley is really Jonah will make her stroke out? 

Maybe it'll be when Carly unexpectedly sees Nelle (near a balcony). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

In the real world, Michael's line about his parents being free 'in large part because of Diane" would reassure Willow that she has nothing to worry about in court - but would also make her want to dismiss any possibility of dating Michael/keep her distance from his devious, law-breaking parents.

I would hope that it would make her re-think Carly as a reference for the adoption, but never on this show.

• Love 3

Jordan has health insurance.  she told Curtis she has really good coverage but the insurance only covers so much and the rest is out of pocket. That's true for anyone no matter how good your coverage. But...

I think Drew's car insurance should cover her medical bills since he hit her. Unless there's a provision in his  policy that says they're not responsible for accidents caused by temporary blindness As a result of a mad scientist playing games with identical twins. 

She also would not be sorting through those bills while she's still in the hospital. Unless they're for her outpatient dialysis? 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I think Drew's car insurance should cover her medical bills since he hit her. Unless there's a provision in his  policy that says they're not responsible for accidents caused by temporary blindness As a result of a mad scientist playing games with identical twins. 

Of course that's excluded.  It's pretty standard to exclude anything that has to do with mad scientists.  If insurance companies went around covering acts of mad scientists they'd go broke in minutes!!!  They learned their lesson with all the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mayhem.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

She also would not be sorting through those bills while she's still in the hospital. Unless they're for her outpatient dialysis? 

Jordan asked for her medical bills, and since she's been there for several weeks I would imagine they would have no problem supplying the amount that was owed thus far. But it still should have to go through insurance first.

• Love 2

Jordan has insurance woes only because the writers want to shoehorn in something Topical, whether it makes sense or not. Because they love to think of themselves as Edgy and Relevant. Even when all they really are is Boring.

• Love 7
On 6/16/2019 at 4:27 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I keep reading about everyone being aghast that Jordan would not have health coverage working for the PCPD. Need I remind y'all about Liz, the destitute nurse and all of the shit that ensued there?

The show must be saving money by crossing out Liz's name and adding Jordan's.

Not just Liz, but Lucky, too. Who should have had insurance to cover him for his back injury, but didn't.

• Love 4

I could be mistaken but I don’t think hospitals  generally provide bills ‘to date’ and certainly not while you’re still there. But I thought she said the invoices she had were her copays? I barely pay attention so I might have heard wrong.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I could be mistaken but I don’t think hospitals  generally provide bills ‘to date’ and certainly not while you’re still there.

If you request them, they have to.

• Love 1

Raptors parade pre-empts GH on City tv in Toronto!!

NewNina doesn't seem BSC enough.

Another great "only in a soap" line  " not only is Nina my fiance, she is my ex-wife"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I liked Valentin's sly dig about not wanting a yacht because he likes his money. Heh. Yachts are a notorious money pit. They cost you whether you're using them or not.

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

NewNina doesn't seem BSC enough.

There was no "the role of Nina is now being played by..." announcement. Does that happen now only for temp recasts?

Ugh, are we going to have to watch Kim mope every time she's reminded of Oscar? Because that's going to be everything, and that's going to be a bore.

There was a reflection or something off JJY's ear that made it look as if he had an ear stud, but he didn't. I was distracted.

"You went blind while driving." Another very soap line. Hee.

• Love 3

Seriously? What the hell? I'm not even that down on Peter, besides his hair, but Mac toasting him and talking about he brought their grandson into the world?!

Why is Valentin flipping out about Jax? They aren't even remotely flirting yet.

Previews: Maxie's family tells her for once try not to be a dumb twit and shut down her dumbass scheme immediately. Haha yeah right. They'll tell her gee her heart is in the right place but maybe this isn't such a good idea but not just plain say, stop, stop right now, you moron.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There was no "the role of Nina is now being played by..." announcement. Does that happen now only for temp recasts?

I don't know what the standard is for this. I guess they're too cool to do them now or something? I know they didn't do one as far back as for Emme Rylan, but I figured that was because there was a three week gap. They did do one for Kiki though. A fancy one! They had that waitress announce right to the camera who the role was being played by. It feels like they think they're too cool to do it or something. Which is bizarre. Not everyone is reading up with backstage news about GH, not by a longshot. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm just back to watch Watros Watros Gaudi, which is my interpolation of the names of Cynthia Watros and noted foreign dignitary Boutros Boutrous-Ghali!

The Nina character is a dud and while duds can be rehabilitated and flipped on soaps all the time with the right actor (and writing), I don't know of any dud soap character that has been flipped and made a winner after six years (and still more bad writing). I'm sure it may have happened back in the day. I'm rooting for CW, Neens or no Neens. I do wish it was a new character.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Of all of the dresses she could have worn for her introduction as Nina, that gray number was a huge loser. It didn’t fit and the color was so drab. Today Nina was way too calm and reasonable. Yesterday’s Nina would have been swinging off of the chandelier and dropping right down in between Jax and Valentin. Do y’all think that the writers will completely change Nina?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't think it's the writers changing Nina, I think it's just someone giving a reasonable performance. It was MSt who chewed the scenery up and down. I don't think the writers scripted in "waves her arms around and repeats every other sentence."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm disappointed we didn't get Creepy Recast Voice-over Guy.  I always look forward to those.

OMG!  Peter's surprise birthday party at zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Cameron at the seance was funny,

Any day without S/C/J/S is a good day.

Edited by Kiki777
Reasons
  • Love 7